Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Beacon

by Claire Y aka Claris
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Beacon

Beacon

by Claire Y aka Claris

Summary: Sam mulls over the effects of her so called "Black Widow" curse!
Category: Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Sam/Jonas, Sam/Martouf, Sam/other
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/12/03

Beacon.

It had been a long day; Janet and Cassie had invited Sam out for a socalled 'girls day out'. Sam had agreed because she hadn't done anything like it in a long time, but secretly she was glad to be home because her feet were killing her, worse than being on any mission. That Cassie sure knew how to shop. She dropped her bags by the door and walked over to the refrigerator, and grabbed her much loved blue jello. She wondered if Daniel had managed to e-mail her the results from the dig on P3X178; so she wondered over to her PC and turned it on.
It seemed as if he hadn't, therefore he still had his head buried in some book or another. Sam smiled to herself; she did love having him back to his usual eccentric self. At that point Sam was shrouded in darkness, it looked as though the power had gone out. She opened the curtains and the whole street was out, not just her. So she grabbed some matches off the counter and proceeded to light the array of candles around her living room.

After sitting in the candlelit room for nearly an hour Sam's mind began to wonder. She looked around the room and counted at least five large candles and a variety of small candles. The image of the five large candles however stayed in her mind going over and over, until it hit her. "Five candles equal my record of lost love. Great!" Sam had never been lucky with love; around base she was dubbed "The Black Widow" which she took quite to heart. Sam snuggled down into the couch and began to reminisce on all her lost love.

First there was Captain Jonas Hansen, a decent man at first, decent enough for Sam to get engaged to him, however he started to get a bit possessive, which Sam put down to his Black Ops training. Therefore she called the engagement off. She was glad when they met up again at the SGC and were able to bury any bad feelings between them, however nothing could have prepared her for their next encounter.

"It was just at the start of her time with SG-1 about '97" She thought. They had gone to P3X-513 to find SG-9 who had been declared MIA, in fact what they found was Jonas posing as a God. Jonas was ruling the people with no mercy, forcing the inhabitants to rebuild the giant Goa'uld temples and condemning disbelievers to death by radiation exposure. Sam took it into her own hands to try and stop him, however her actions finally resulted in his death. Although Colonel O'Neill would put it down to "Karma". "So one down four to go." Thought Sam

Then there was Narim, a kind-hearted soul who wouldn't harm a fly. Sam had met him whilst saving his people from a natural disaster on their home planet. Narim had called her his "Sher-mal", basically his angel, and their relationship blossomed from there. They had shared a very deep emotional kiss before his departure to their new home planet; she had even given him her cat Schrodinger. Upon their next meeting a lot had happened to Sam; she had been inhabited by a Tok'ra, copied by a synthetic life form, sent back in time and cryogenically frozen, just to name but a few. Her approach to Narim was therefore a very cautious one, whilst trying to save his people not from natural disaster but from the Goa'uld. They were successful and as a bonus Skaara was rid of the Goa'uld Klorel. However her next meeting with Narim wouldn't be an unhappy one.
"Oh Narim!" Gasped Sam

Sam couldn't get his last look to her out of her head; the look just said, "Go! Go! Save yourself!" and that's exactly what she did. She fled through the Stargate whilst the Goa'uld was randomly attacking Tollan. Leaving Narim, the Tollan's and her cat Schrodinger to die at the hands of the Goa'uld. If she could turn back the clock she would, but that is how life works. "So now two down and three to go"

Next was Martouf a Tok'ra. She seemed to have a special bond with Martouf from the start; the reason for this was that Jolinar (the Tok'ra that inhabited her) had in fact been Martouf's mate. There relationship seemed to grow as they spent more times together. Martouf was able to guide her through some difficult times in her life; he helped save he father's life not once but twice, and also helped her through the confusing memories of his past with Jolinar. However this relationship was not to last. In 2000 she was forced to kill Martouf in order to save everyone in the SGC; Martouf had fallen victim to a form of Goa'uld mind control technology. At his request she shot him with a zat'nicka'tel and he died in her arms. They were unable to tell each other how they truly felt until a mission to Revanna. In a freak accident Martouf's symbiote Lantesh inhabited a Lieutenant Elliot, at this time Lantesh was able to truly reveal Martouf's true feeling towards Sam; he "loved" her not just because she held the memories of Jolinar but because of whom she was. Sam was pleased that she was able to clear their feelings up; it left her with a feeling of fulfilment. At that point a smile spread across her face.
"Well that's now three down and two to go. Who was next?" Joe Faxon, an Ambassador to the President of the United States. They met whilst trying to form a treaty with a race called the Aschen; Joe had been assigned to the SGC to act as a liaison between Earth and the Aschen, and they seemed to hit it off straight away. Sam truly felt that this was finally her break in the Relationship department, but of course her "Black Widow Curse" was about to strike again.
The treaty between Earth and the Aschen just seemed to be too true, and it was. Sam and Daniel had figured out that there was a lot more behind the relationship between the Volians and the Aschen, with the help of Joe they were able to find out that the Aschen had slowly been killing off the Volians through their vaccines. This caused the Aschen to take aggressive action and try to send a biological weapon to Earth. The only way Sam could warn the SGC was by going through the Stargate, however she was unable to grab Joe at the same time. Therefore upon reaching the other side, Sam and the rest of the SGC were left unsure of Joe's fate. "Well the future could have held something special for us, however now I probably will never know." sighed Sam. The same could have been said for Orlin. Orlin was an Ancient the same race that Oma Desala belonged to; he had followed Sam through the Stargate after he knocked her unconscious by apparently trying to "share their souls". He remained hidden until he showed himself outside Sam's home and yet again within her home. This caused alarm bells to be raised, which Sam followed through by calling a sweeper team in to keep an eye. However, Orlin just hid until the sweeper team had removed their surveillance gear, and once again appeared to Sam. This time he asked if he could share their souls, which Sam agreed to. A little smile crept across her face at this time, as she remembered the true beauty and kindness his essence was. At this point the bases for their relationship was sealed, Sam started to enjoy his presence, and Orlin really enjoyed her presence. As a surprise Orlin decided not to remain non-corporeal and revert back to his human form, which was a BIG surprise to Sam. By doing this Orlin and Sam were brought much closer together, a sort of Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship. However, Sam's "Black Widow Curse" was about to strike again. After the first sighting Sam regretfully forgot to inform her superiors of her visitors return, but the Pentagon had other plans. They had been keeping a watchful eye on her, much to General Hammond's disapproval, and were well aware of Orlin's existence. A Strike Force was called to surround her home, however Sam was able to get in ahead of the Strike Team, and talk to Orlin. Yet another surprise was awaiting Sam when she found Orlin, he had built his own Stargate from everyday Earth items. Orlin returns to Velona through the homemade Stargate closely followed by Sam aiming to stop SG-16 from testing the weapon, but to stop them Orlin had to ultimately sacrifice his life. Orlin was shot by Colonel Reynolds, and whilst near death 'the others' give him a second chance, which enabled him to remove the device and save Sam as well as SG-16 before the device exploded, leaving Sam in enormous sadness and feeling of great loss which was still felt today. "Why do they all have to like me, don't they know they will end up dead!" shouted Sam as she sat up.
However there was one exception to her 'Curse', and that was Colonel O'Neill, her CO. They both now knew how they felt about each other, but they knew nothing could come of it due to their Military Ranks; this was probably the only thing keeping him alive. They had had a few encounters in the past, well past realities, but they had also ended in her 'Curse' striking leaving Jack dead both times.
So Sam had learned that the single life was best, she had her plants to keep her company and hey maybe she would even get a fish. There was one thing she knew for definite no more Men dying due to her 'Black Widow Curse' as her house would turn into a beacon due to all the candles.

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Claire Y aka Claris