Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Guys Night Out

by Cathain Nottingham
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Guys Night Out

Guys Night Out

by Cathain Nottingham

Summary: Jack and Daniel's nights always end up one of two ways and tonight is no exception.
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/25/04

Title: Guys Night Out

Rating: PG

Spoilers: None

Season: Any except six

Summary: Jack and Daniel's nights always end up one of two ways and tonight is no exception.

Disclaimer: I don't own Stargate SG-1 or any part of it universe, I make no profit from my fictions and I don't mean any harm by writing them. I don't own any rights to "The Transporter" either. I do own the plot though.

Author's Note: Here's the boys side of "Girls Night In", this is how Daniel and Jack end up at Sam's.

--------------------

"I don't think we should have had so many beers." Jack breathed as he leaned on his truck just outside of O'Malley's.

"Why do you say that?" Daniel asked from his spot on the curb.

"Because I'm sure as hell not going to drive home." Jack replied, his head slightly spinning.

"Oh." Daniel said as he pulled his glasses off, quickly wiping his hands over his face before replacing the spectacles. "So what? Cab?"

"My thoughts exactly." Jack said as he pulled out his cell phone, speed dialing a cab company. "Yeah, okay sure."

"How long?" Daniel asked as Jack hung up.

"About two minutes." Jack replied. Sure enough a cab pulled up two minutes later and Jack and Daniel climbed in the back.

"Where to?" The cabby asked, Jack exchanged a quick glance with Daniel before giving the cabby an address.

"Jack, isn't that Sam's address?" Daniel asked as the ride commenced.

"Yes Daniel, it is." Jack grinned at his friend.

"Jack can I ask you a question?" Daniel asked after a moment.

"Sure Danny." Jack replied.

"Why do you torture Sam like you do?" Daniel asked, earning himself an odd glance from Jack.

"Torture Carter? Never." Jack shook his head.

"Jack, I know you two have these 'unspoken' laws but going over to her house on a Friday night at eleven-thirty? That's just wrong." Daniel shrugged. "Besides how do you know Pete isn't over?"

"I know..." Jack said as he suppressed a grin, "...because Pete and Sam broke up."

"No." Daniel said, scrunching his features, "She would have told me."

"Oh yeah, because you two are best friends right?" Jack asked sarcastically.

"Well I happen to be one of Sam's closest friends thank you very much, besides, why would she tell you?" Daniel countered.

"She didn't in so many words." Jack replied, "We were talking over lunch the other day, I made a crack about Pete and Carter replied and I quote; 'Seeing as how I'm not seeing Pete maybe you should lay off him.'"

"Yeah..." Daniel said after a moment, "...that sounds like Sam."

"So..." Jack said after another moment passed, "...have you chosen next week's movie yet?"

"Uh yeah," Daniel nodded, welcoming the distraction, "Janet's always talking about it, its called 'The Transporter'."

"I heard that it was a good movie." Jack nodded. "So what's with you and the doc?"

"Janet?" Daniel asked, his head perking up, "Nothing...right now." He added under his breath.

"We're here fellas." The cabby said as he pulled to a stop in front of Sam's. They got out and paid the cabby before heading up the walkway. Jack knocked twice but no one answered, he tried the door and it was open so he and Daniel let themselves in. They watched Sam and Janet sing for a moment and both grinned.

"Carter?" Jack asked, somehow keeping a straight face as his 2IC and his doctor jumped, though he did hear a slight snicker from Daniel.

"Sir!" Sam said as she came back to her senses, she was blushing.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?" Jack asked her as his trademark O'Neill grin creped onto his face.

--------------------

After Thought: What did you think? Please review!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cathain Nottingham