Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Girls Night In

by Cathain Nottingham
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Girls Night In

Girls Night In

by Cathain Nottingham

Summary: Sam and Janet's evenings always end the same, except this one.
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/22/04

Title: Girls Night In

Rating: PG

Spoilers: None

Season: Any except six

Summary: Sam and Janet's evenings always end the same, except this one.

Disclaimer: I don't own Stargate SG-1 or any part of it universe, I make no profit from my fictions and I don't mean any harm by writing them. I also don't own any rights to "Tell Him" by The Exciters. I do own the plot though.

Author's Note: I got this idea last night and quickly wrote it, please review!

--------------------

"I don't think we should have had that much to drink." Sam sighed as she leaned back onto her couch.

"What did you expect? We were drinking our relationships away." Janet said as she took a seat next to Sam, two new margaritas in hand.

"You mean lack there of." Sam said as she took her drink.

"Yeah, well I think of it like this, one day *both* Daniel and Jack are going to wise up and sweep us off of our feet." Janet grinned at her own thought.

"Oh no, not Daniel, you know sweeping makes him sneeze." Sam kidded her friend about her choice of men.

"Ha ha." Janet replied sarcastically. After a moment Sam finished giggling and Janet spoke up, "Do you think the boys do this?"

"Do what? Sit around on a Friday night getting wasted on a 'drink of the week' and watch movies or listen to music?" Sam asked rather cynically.

"No, have guys nights where they..." Janet tapered off just long enough to get a look from Sam, "...they sit around and drink while watching movies or listening to music."

"I'd imagine so." Sam laughed, making her friend feel better. "Though I doubt they're of the same genre."

"I don't know...we've probably seen 'The Transporter' more than they have." Janet teased her friend, whose cheeks flushed at her comment.

"Hey leave Jason Statham out of this." Sam laughed after a moment, only Janet knew of her crush on the actor.

"Hey, where's the music?" Janet asked after a moment.

"Don't know." Sam replied as she groped around until she found the stereo remote and hit the first button her thumb landed on before dropping it again. The sound of the CD player shuffling filled the room for a moment before the sounds of bells and violins carried through the speakers.

"Oh you know what this means!" Janet called as she jumped off of the couch. She pulled Sam up after her and the pair, Sam more reluctant than Janet, began to sway, the beginning of their 'Tell Him' ritual.

"I know something about love!" Janet sang their 'theme song' and Sam reluctantly hummed along, not really in the mood; Janet continued singing happily though. Sam looked around the room as she hummed when her eyes suddenly befell a picture of Jack on the mantle and her heart fluttered.

"Ever since the world began..." Sam suddenly belted, her beautiful voice reverberated though the room. Janet whooped and began to sing back up. "Then why should true love be so complicated?" The pair continued their little dance, "...swallow your foolish pride and tell him..."

"Carter?" Jack's voice rang though the room, startling Sam and Janet, who looked over to the doorway to find Jack and Daniel standing there.

"Sir!" Sam said after a moment, her brain finally catching up with the situation.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?" Jack asked with a smirk.

--------------------

After Thought: What did you think? Please review and tell me!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cathain Nottingham