Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Too Deep part 8

by cabouse18
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Title: In too Deep part 8

In too Deep part 8

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own them so don't sue me

Season/Spoilers: seven but no real spoilers. Janet is already dead so it takes place after Heroes but before Lost City.

Author's Note: Thanks to JO.R for giving me the confidence to write this myself. This only my second SG-1 so please be gentle. And enjoy!

Summary: Sam goes undercover for the CIA

Please send feedback

~Part 8~

SGC

They had been back for over then hours, six of those hours had been spent waiting and pacing outside the infirmary the rest had been spent either, briefing the General and Agent Sullivan or going to commissary to get coffee to stay awake. Sitting there Jack began to wonder what his life would be like without Sam in it. Hell he probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for the numerous times Sam had save his six. He came to the conclusion that life be worth living if Sam wasn't in it. He was broken from his thoughts by the petite doctor exiting the infirmary and walking towards them. "How's she doing?"

"She is in critical condition right now Colonel. The infection in her leg, however, is not as bad as we first thought"

"Why do sense a `but' coming on?" Daniel asked

"Major Carter hasn't regained consciousness since she came out of surgery." She paused trying to gage their reaction "She's fallen into a coma sir. Quite frankly I'm surprised she was able hold on in order to be transported her body has suffered a severe trauma."

"Can we see her?" Jack asked trying to keep his emotions in check

"Yes" The small doctor stepped aside to let the three men pass. When she was first assigned to this position she was told of the closeness the teams shared because of what they experienced everyday but something told her none of them were as close as the team that was now holding vigil in her infirmary. Entering the infirmary she flagged down one of her nurses and told the woman to let SG-1 stay as long as they wanted.

Standing next to her bed Daniel had to admit Sam looked much better than he did when he first saw her in Brazil. "Hey Sam you can wake up now you're home and safe"

There was no reaction to the sound of his voice. The only sound that could be heard was the whooshing of the ventilator that was keeping their teammate and friend breathing. Daniel looked from Sam to Teal'c and then finally to Jack. What he saw scared him. Jack looked drawn and distant like he had when they first met. He knew that if Sam died she would ultimately take Jack with her.

"Teal'c why don't we go see if we can contact Jacob"

"Indeed"

The two men then left the room to contact the Tok'ra. Jack sat quietly just staring at Sam, not quite sure what to say. Finally after some time Jack spoke in such a low voice he could barely hear himself

"You fight Carter." His voiced cracked and he could feel the tears starting to form but he didn't cry "You hear me? Fight. I don't.......I don't know what I'd do without you."

Jack just sat there watching her chest rise and fall slowly with the sound of machines. It turned his stomach to see her beautiful face marred with bruises and cuts. It was shame Velasco had died as quickly as he did because he would have loved to have made it slow and painful. If he was being honest with himself he was happy the man was dead and was not at all sorry about thinking that way. All he cared about was seeing Sam's blue eyes looking back at him and being graced with that radiant smile she always carried. Eventually he fell into an exhausted sleep. When next he woke Dr. Paulson was checking Sam's vitals

"Doc?" he asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes

"She's getting stronger Colonel. She is a very strong woman."

"When's she wake up?"

"There is no telling sir but her vitals are getting stronger. That's a good sign"

"Right"

Just then the surrounding machines began beeping loudly and Sam's chest began to rise and fall quickly almost as if she was choking. The doctor quickly began barking out orders as she struggled to keep the unconscious woman from moving too much

"Doc?"

"Colonel I need you to leave." She replied before calling more nurses over to assist her.

"What's happening?" he demanded

"Colonel please leave" the doctor's voice bordered on a scream as she and her team frantically tried to stabilize Sam. The last thing she needed in her way was a Colonel asking a ton of questions and getting the way of her saving someone's life

Jack gave in and left the infirmary. Once outside he slumped dejectedly into a chair, placing his head in his hands. The stress of the last few days finally taking over.

"Jack what's wrong?" Daniel asked wondering why his friend was outside and not inside the infirmary with Sam

"Doc said her vitals were getting stronger and then the machines started going off and she seemed to be choking."

Both men were speechless. A few moments later Dr. Paulson emerged from the infirmary. Teal'c was the first to see and speak to her

"Dr. Paulson how is Major Carter?"

"Actually good. The choking sound you heard colonel was the Major's body rejecting the ventilator. She's breathing on her own now."

"Does this mean she is out of the woods?"

"Not yet Dr. Jackson. While it is a good sign she is breathing on her own she is still in a coma"

"Can we go back in?" Jack asked never really making eye contact with any of them. He was too afraid they would all the pain and sadness they held

"Yes sir"

Jack quickly walked away from the group and back into the infirmary without so much as a glance back

"He's been here all night. Hasn't left once."

"O'Neill often goes without sleep when a member of his team is injured"

Daniel knew the doctor really didn't buy it but he was in no mood to care. He and Teal'c merely walked past the doctor to join to Jack at Sam's bedside. Upon walking in Daniel immediately noticed that Jack was holding Sam's hand. He doubted Jack even realized he was doing it. Walking up to his friend he quietly began to speak "Hammond attempted to contact the Tok'ra but so far he hasn't gotten a response"

Jack never said a word to either of them. He just sat there continually staring at Sam as if willing her to wake up with his gaze.

To Be Continued...