Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Too Deep part 2

by cabouse18
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Title: In too Deep part 2

In too Deep part 2

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own them so don't sue me

Season/Spoilers: seven but no real spoilers. Janet is already dead so it takes place after Heroes but before Lost City.

Author's Note: Thanks to JO.R for giving me the confidence to write this myself. This only my second SG-1 so please be gentle. And enjoy!

Summary: Sam goes undercover for the CIA

Please send feedback

~Part 2~

Peterson Air Force Base:

Throughout the ride to Peterson Sam tried on several occasions to get Sullivan to giver more information about the mission but all she was told was that all would be explained once they got to Peterson. That alone made her feel extremely uneasy. She didn't like being kept in the dark and certainly didn't like the fact that her team would be kept clueless.

Once there Sam was introduced to the man who would be contact while in Brazil. His name was Alex Delgado and Sam had to admit the man wasn't bad looking. He stood about 5'10 and was well built from what she could see through the clothes he was wearing. The lines under his eyes seemed to indicate that he hadn't slept much in the past few days and the hardened look on his face told her he had seen much combat over the years. After exchanging pleasantries Sam was finally told where she would be heading and who they were after.

"You'll be heading to Belem, it is a city in the state of Para. Our buyer, a mister Carlos Velasco" he started handing her another folder with a picture in it "likes to frequent the bars and caf's there. We are not entirely sure where his compound is because Brazil's jungles are so dense it makes it near impossible to keep track of the comings and goings of people outside the cities. Turney was set to meet him at a popular caf near the center of the city in two days time

Looking intently at the photo Sam tried hard to make out the face of the man but the image was so distorted that his features were difficult to make out. "This picture isn't very clear"

"Most ones of him aren't. According to our sources he tends to be a bit of a chameleon so getting an accurate picture of him is difficult. We need that accurate description. Once in Belem one of his people will more than likely contact you at your hotel with the time of the meeting. Once that happens contact Doug let him know so he can have our people waiting."

"What do I do when I meet him?" Sam could tell there was still something the agent's were holding back from her and more than likely it was the real reason they wanted her for this mission.

The two agents explained that Turney had planned on remaining in Brazil and developing the weapons for Velasco herself to sell on the black market. The fact that the two had never met was a little odd considering the type of information that was being passed on. They also were sure how Velasco had managed to sway Turney to his side without actually meeting. Her job would be to gain access to all the information and technology Turney had sold to Velasco and if possible discover the names of those he sold the information to.

"Don't get nervous if there are times when you can't contact us. We will have people around keeping an eye on you and your movements." Added Delgado

"So basically what you're telling me is to do whatever it takes?" Sam was a little concerned at what these men might expect her to do to get the information they were looking for.

"Hopefully won't come to that. Once we have the information we need we shut his operation down" Sullivan replied "You ready?"

"As ready as I will ever be"

SGC Briefing Room

Hammond watched as the rest of Sg-1 sauntered into the briefing room. Jack and Daniel were arguing over some mundane fact about the Simpsons somehow representing mainstream suburbia. The arguing stopped as soon as they both noticed the general watching them. "If you don't mind gentlemen I'd let to get started"

"Shouldn't we wait for Sam?"

//Hear we go// thought Hammond "Major Carter is the reason we are having this briefing. She has been asked by the CIA to attend an intelligence briefing on the technology the SGC has come in contact with"

Jack didn't the buy excuse for a minute but decided against making any assumptions before getting the chance to talk privately with Hammond. "How long will she be gone?"

"There is no telling. The CIA wants a complete briefing on the potential and application of all the technology we have come into contact with in the last 12 months"

"Why now?" Daniel asked rather confused as to why the CIA would be asking for all this information now

"The new administration wants everyone up to date and on the same page considering all the earth bound instances we've had they want to be sure everyone knows what they are dealing with."

Jack still wasn't buying any of it but continued to play along for the sake of doing so "So are we on stand down until she gets back?"

"Until I get a better time frame as to when Major Carter will return yes SG-1 is on stand down. Dismissed"

After Daniel and Teal'c left Jack waited a moment before following Hammond into his office "No offense General but you are a lousy liar"

"Colonel I have no idea what you are talking about"

"Please sir I know a cover story when I hear one."

Hammond knew of all people Jack wouldn't buy the cover story but he had no choice. After Sullivan left his office he placed a call to an old friend high up in the chain of command who told him that Sullivan was efficient and very good at his job. However he felt that none of this would make Jack O'Neill feel any better if he knew the truth. He also knew how angry Jack was already at the fact that he was being left out of the loop but again he could do nothing. "Colonel don't you have unfinished paperwork that was due on my desk last week?"

"Yes sir. I'll get right on that sir"

"You do that"

Belem, Brazil-the next day

After checking into her hotel Sam decided to scope out the city a little. Hitting several of the spots Delgado had marked on the map as possible places Velasco frequented, being sure to make a mental note of the layout of each. Arriving back at her room Sam found a man sitting in a chair in the corner smoking a cigarette.

"Close the door and sit down" he said. Once sitting the man put out his cigarette and explained to Sam that he was sent by Velasco to make sure everything was to her liking and should she need anything to give him a call. He also told her to be at the caf at noon and sit near the end of the bar.

Sam simply nodded recalling that the spot of which he spoke noting that it was at the back of the caf and nearest the exit. Taking the envelope she showed the man to the door being sure to lock it after he was gone. Pulling out a pen and pad Sam then wrote down everything the man had told her and placed the note on the table.

The plan for Sam to get information out of her hotel, since it was more than definitely being watched, was to slip notes to an operative working in her hotel by ordering room service. It wasn't fool proof but it was the only way for her to keep Delgado apprised of her movements before she made them

SGC Commissary

The commissary was pretty empty when the trio arrived. The only other people present besides the staff were a few SF's in the corner chatting aimlessly. Jack merely sat staring at his plate thinking about where Sam could be and what she could be doing. There was no way in hell he actually he was going to believe the general's story and it scared him to think that he wouldn't be there to watch her back.

"You seemed troubled O'Neill" stated Teal'c

Dropping his fork Jack sat back in his chair taking a deep breathe "Yeah this whole thing with Carter doesn't smell right"

"You think Sam is in trouble?" Daniel had noticed the immediate change in Jack's demeanor since Hammond had told them that Sam was gone. He knew Jack hated it when one of team was on a mission and he wasn't there to watch over them, especially when it came to Sam.

"I don't know. I just know that I don't buy Hammond's story. If the CIA wanted a briefing why I wasn't sent as well?"

"If General Hammond were able to tell us Major Carter's actual whereabouts then he would have. All we can do is wait until he is able to tell us what we wish to know"

"Doesn't mean I have to like it" he snapped before rising from the table and stalking out of the commissary

"Now you know how we felt when you went on your secret mission" Daniel uttered as he watched his friend leave

"Do you believe Major Carter is on a secret mission?" asked Teal'c

"I don't know Teal'c I'm just saying that now he knows how we felt when he shut us out about his mission. I mean for all we know Sam could be where exactly where the general says she is." Quite frankly Daniel didn't really believe Hammond either but there was nothing they do at this point. All they could do was wait and they all knew how much Jack loved to do that

Teal'c merely raised his eyebrow

To Be Continued.....