Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Too Deep part 3

by cabouse18
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Title: In too Deep part 3

In too Deep part 3

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own them so don't sue me

Season/Spoilers: seven but no real spoilers. Janet is already dead so it takes place after Heroes but before Lost City.

Author's Note: Thanks to JO.R for giving me the confidence to write this myself. This only my second SG-1 so please be gentle. And enjoy!

Summary: Sam goes undercover for the CIA

Please send feedback

~Part 3~

Belem

Sam sat where she had been instructed by the man who had visited in her hotel room. She had been waiting for over 30 minutes and was starting to believe that this man was never going to show. Scanning the crowds for anyone who matched the man in picture she had seen. However since the picture had been horrible she was finding it difficult to match any man to the blurry image. Glancing at her watch for the fifth time in the last ten minutes she was becoming increasingly convinced that the man was never going to show. That is until a man wearing dark sunglasses, t-shirt and jeans sat down across from her.

"We finally meet doctor" drawled Velasco

"Yes we do" Sam replied trying to sound as casual as possible as she took in the man's appearance. He was well tanned, physically fit with dark black hair. It was impossible for her to see the color of his eyes since he was wearing sunglasses but she could make out a small scare that adorned his face just under his left eye. He seemed to be very comfortable in public considering he was such a wanted man. He surprised her even more when he causally asked her if she had what she had promised to bring him.

"Yes" Sam replied placing the small briefcase which contained the piece of tech on the table between them as casually as he had asked the question.

"Good." He said taking off his sunglasses in order to get a better look at her. It was then that Sam made a mental note that the man had deep brown eyes "You know I have to admit I never thought a scientist could be as beautiful as you. Then again I've been told American women can be smart and beautiful."

Sam merely smiled and said thank you. Something about this man sent a shiver down her spine and scared her more than any system lord she had gone up against in the past seven years. He had this smile that seemed sincere but his eyes were deep brown voids that held no compassion or sincerity. She could tell he was hiding something but that was to be expected considering the situation but there was something else that she couldn't quite make out that bothered her.

"Now down to business. We are going to get up from the table very casually and walk to through the exit behind me and then we are going to get into my waiting vehicle and go for a drive"

Sam did as she was told and allowed him to lead her out of the exit at the back of the caf and into the awaiting vehicle. They drove for about an hour before coming up on a large cement compound covered in thick vegetation. Sam tried to make notes of landmarks that they pasted as they left the city just in case she needed to run. As the car rolled to a stop Sam understood why the CIA was having such difficulty in finding this man's base of operations. The dense foliage made it difficult to see beyond the tree line and being seen from the air would be difficult unless someone knew what they were looking for.

After helping her out of the car Velasco once again commented on her beauty and asked her to join him for lunch. Sam thanked him again for the compliment with a plastic smile and agreed to the lunch. As they walked through the compound Sam made sure to memorize every inch of the place as well as the amount of guards and the weapons they carried. During lunch Velasco avoided the topic of why she was there and instead decided to tell her how he had come to be so powerful, rich and among other things deadly. Sam figured he was only telling her this in order to intimidate her and to persuade her from double crossing him because if his hopes were to impress her he would be greatly disappointed.

After eating lunch, Velasco gave Sam a small tour of the underground facilities. More often than not Sam found her thoughts drifting slightly to her friends back in the states. She could only wonder how pissed the Colonel was at her sudden absence because she knew there was no way he would buy the cover story General Hammond was to tell them. Sam was roused from her thoughts when she felt Velasco's hand on the small of her back. Trying hard not to recoil from the contact she gave him a small smile and followed him into a heavily guarded storage area. Once inside Sam discovered just how much the CIA was in the dark. Turney had apparently managed to sell plans for backward engineered Goa'uld technology. But what scared her even more was that Turney had also given Velasco weaponry capable of destroying a small city when combined with the Goa'uld technology.

"My men have touched nothing as per your request"

"Very good because these weapons are very dangerous."

"As well as very profitable"

"That too of course" Sam replied trying very hard to keep her cool. How in the hell could someone sneak such sensitive material out of the country for six months without anyone knowing. And how the hell did Turney get her hands on the plans for the backward engineered tech from the SGC? Unfortunately all these questions would probably go unanswered since Turney was dead unless she had a partner. Slowly looking over some of the material that theory was looking more and more like fact.

Washington (same time)

Slowly folding up the note that stated Turney had arrived in Brazil and was in the company of their mutual friend the note was placed in an ash tray and effectively burned till there was nothing left.

He began to wonder how this was possible since he just received word that Dr. Jessica Turney had died in a car accident. Panicking that his operation may have been discovered he used his clearance to discover what was going on. When he came across the information he was looking for he set up a meeting with the go between he used when he needed to make contact with those in Brazil.

Brazil

Totally engrossed in cataloging and organizing the paperwork and materials Turney had smuggled Sam lost total track off time. Velasco had left her with two armed guards so wandering around was out of the question so she had become engrossed with figuring out just how much had been leaked and if there was any indication if Turney had any help. After seeing some papers on a device the SGC had come in contact with she had no doubt that Turney had partner because the device hadn't been sent to anywhere but Area 51 so it could be studied. Turney would never have been able to see the plans for it unless someone had given them to her.Hearing Velasco voice outside the room Sam put down the documents she was looking and waited for him to enter the room.

"You have been in here for hours."

Looking at her watch Sam realized he was right. Five hours had passed since he left her alone. She was so used to working underground at the SGC that not having a window to the outside world didn't bother her.

"You must be hungry. Come I will show you to your room where you can freshen up" Sam followed him out of the underground area and into the main part of the complex. She had to admit the place was fairly nice considering it was in the middle of nowhere. Nicely decorated and clean Velasco had made a good living selling stolen material on the black market. Velasco opened the door to her room motioning for her to enter. At seeing her bags on the bed Sam panicked a little "I hope you don't mind I had my men bring your things from the hotel. Don't worry they didn't touch anything"

"Thank you"

"One of my men will be back shortly to escort you to dinner"

Once the door was shut Sam took a quick inventory of her belongings making sure nothing was taken. To her surprise nothing was even disturbed. His men had simply picked up her bags and brought them here. Not that she had anything that might prove that isn't the real Dr. Turney and it really didn't matter because there was nowhere for her to go. She was in too deep.

To Be Continued....