Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Without the Leather

by Breniah
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Without the Leather

Breniah

Title: Without the Leather
Author: Breniah
Email: breniah@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: from WoO
Season: 4
Series: 4th in the Leather Series, This story is a sequel to: Wearing the leather, Waking in Leather, Wanting the Leather
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: sexual situations
Status: Completed
Summary: Jack is desparate to get Sam to forgive his behaviour
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: If you enjoyed please let me know, feedback is always appreciated. And for the record, in these stories, there are no such things as regulations, therefore, no regs, no problem!

Jack sat on his couch with his shoulders slumped. He could still hear the door slamming as Sam strode out of his house. He shivered as the reality of his actions slowly began to sink in. 'How could I have done that?' he asked himself in horror. He shook his head, trying to wrap his mind around what he had just done.

"Damn!"

He stood and walked listlessly around the house. 'How did this happen? In 48 hours I managed to declare my love for her, have it returned, which still astounds me, and then lose her. Am I some adolescent boy who can't control himself?' He smacked himself in the forehead hard, knowing he deserved it.

After grabbing a jacket, Jack climbed up onto his roof, knowing he would never get to sleep. He needed to think, he needed to plan. He definitely needed to get her back. He gazed up at the stars, shining down at him.

"Shit!" Tomorrow at 0800 hours he had to face her. At work, where gossip ran rife and after their little exhibition at the 'Out of the Loop' party, tongues would be wagging. Especially if Sam couldn't stand to talk to him, work with him or even be near him as he suspected might be the case.

'Well, Sam wanted my maximum humiliation. Guess I'm going to have to sacrifice my dignity to get her back.' He thought ruefully.

He lay down and continued his contemplation of the stars as he devised a way to apologise and get her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam closed the door to her bedroom and released a sigh of relief. It had been great spending the night catching up with her father but his timing was lousy. What she really wanted to do all night was rant and rave about the insensitivity of men! She couldn't bitch about her CO to her father and besides which, there were certain aspects of what pissed her off that she didn't want Jacob to know about.

Collapsing backwards on the bed, she sighed again. 'How, in so little time, did it end up like this?' she thought sadly.

Rolling over, she shrugged off her jacket and threw it against the door. It was a childish act of releasing her emotions but she was sure her father wouldn't appreciate being woken by the sound of her breaking every dish she owned.

"Damn," she muttered softly. 'How am I supposed to react to working with tomorrow?' she asked herself. How should she act? She sat up and went through the motions of getting ready for bed, knowing as Jack did, that she wouldn't be able to sleep that night.

'Cool. I'll play it cool. Slightly reserved, the appropriate way for a junior officer to behave around her commanding officer. There's no need to get hysterical. I'll pretend it didn't happen. I'll pretend that that bastard didn't say those things, do those things to me tonight,' she told herself. 'I'll pretend it never hurt.'

After pulling back the covers she crawled into bed and hugged her pillow. 'I'll pretend it never hurt.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack strolled down the corridor of the SGC whistling a jaunty tune as he went. The promise of bunches of tulips, lilies, daffodils and roses being delivered to Sam's office had put him in a more positive frame of mind. While he was nowhere as happy as his whistling suggested, he maintained the appearance of good humour.

'What if she doesn't like the flowers?' The thought popped into his head suddenly as he had visions of Sam throwing bunch after credit card damaging bunch of flowers at his head. 'What if she posted the cards of apology he had attached to every bunch on the notice board for everyone to see and laugh at? What if she announced his disgraceful actions over the PA?' Jack mind whirled at the images he was concocting.

Suddenly feeling very scared he walked the rest of the way to the briefing room, berating himself and praying to any deity that would listen that Sam would go straight to the briefing room instead of her office.

He sat down in his usual chair and waited, dreading each moment. The rest of SG1, minus Sam, and General Hammond entered the briefing room and took their seats. Jack closed his eyes and groaned.

'She's probably in her office right now trying to find an inch of space to dump her stuff, getting angrier every second. I bet she's started her revenge. I bet she's telling Janet!' Jack's eyes popped open as thought ran across his mind. 'Not Janet! She'll tell everyone and stick really, really big needles into me!'

Just then Sam dashed into the briefing room. She sat quickly and muttered her apologies, saying she hadn't slept well and only had just gotten to the base. She studiously avoided looking at Jack. Jack felt a new wave of guilt at her words. She had probably lain in bed all night, cursing him and thinking up new and inventive torture methods.

As Hammond started talking, Jack's mind started wandering. At least she hadn't had a chance to see her office. He still had time to get to minimum safe distance before she saw that.

"Colonel? Try to pay attention," Hammond said exasperatedly.

"Sir?"

"As I just said, you have a week's downtime. Daniel is off with SG6 this week and considering what you and Teal'C have been through recently, I thought you could use some time off. Major," he said, turning to Sam, "I know you always have something to work on. Take it easy though," he said, looking at her sternly. "You could use some time off too."

"Thank you, General, but you're right. I do have some devices I'd like to work on," Sam answered, smiling slightly.

"I thought you would say that. Fine, people, dismissed."

Jack bolted out of the briefing room as fast as his legs could carry him. He got changed in record time and had just made it to the elevator when he heard Sam call out to him.

'Damn,' he thought. 'So close.' He looked longingly at the elevator doors closing and then turned to face the music.

"Colonel?"

"Yes, Major?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"Thank you for the flowers," she said evenly. "They are lovely."

Jack looked surprised. She wasn't yelling at him. She wasn't even looking remotely hurt or fazed. "Uh, you're welcome?" he said tentatively.

She watched him steadily for a moment and then continued, "And I read all your cards."

He began to feel panic creeping up behind his shoulder. Looking at her, he felt all his guilt and remorse rush through him. "And?" he asked softly, not daring to hope she might have forgiven him.

"And I accept. Dinner tonight would be nice. I think we should talk about what happened so that it doesn't affect our working relationship. 1900 hours?" she said in a cold and casual manner that had Jack feeling nervous.

Accept? Jack's brain went into overdrive as he tried to remember what exactly he had written on those cards beyond 'I'm sorry'. Finally, it clicked, he had offered to make her dinner so he could grovel some more.

Realising she was waiting for his answer he belated muttered, "1900 hours is fine. See you then."

She nodded once and walked off, her back very straight.

Jack quickly jumped into the lift and waited impatiently as it carried him to the surface. He had a lot to do before tonight. He wanted everything to be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam fiddled with her keys as she stood out the front of Jack's house. What was she doing here? Why had she agreed to this in the first place?

'Because you were touched when he sent all those flowers and deep down you want to forgive him,' a little voice inside her informed her. 'You want to see how far he will go to get you to forgive him and take him back. You still love him, that hasn't changed and you know it.'

"Shut up!" she said aloud.

"Sam?" Jack's voice called out inside the house.

"Shit," she muttered. 'Better knock before I run away.'

Jack opened the door and gestured her inside. Delicious aromas wafted in from the kitchen.

"May I take your coat?" he asked, holding out his hands. She slipped it off her shoulders and passed it to him as he said, "Dinner is almost ready, please take a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

She nodded dumbly. He was being so polite, so solicitous, so like a stranger.

"Wine? Beer? Something soft?"

"Wine, please," she heard herself say. "Red, if you don't mind."

He nodded and dashed off to the kitchen. She sat down heavily, still trying to decide whether or not she would forgive him. The thing was, she understood where he was coming from. She had felt it herself. She just had never thought Jack would act like that. Like such a child.

He came back into the room, carrying a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. After pouring the wine he rushed back to kitchen only to return moments later with their dinner.

"Thai? When did you learn to cook Thai?" she asked.

"Ah, I didn't. Slight confession, I made my famous call to the local take away place." At her mock stern look, he shrugged and added, "Hey! I am trying to apologise and grovel here, and we both know how I CAN'T cook. My cooking is no way to say sorry."

She giggled involuntarily. An uncomfortable silence descended over them as they ate.

"This is killing me. I'm sorry, I am a bad person. And I'm not good with words. In fact, I suck at letting someone really know how I feel. But I am sorry, I had no right to act like I did. Like a primitive barbarian. I have no excuses to make, except you drive me crazy. I love you, Sam, you know that. And I wish I could take it all back but I can't and all I can do now is grovel and throw myself at your mercy." He stood and knelt before her on his knees. "This is me begging. You deserve so much better than me, Sam, but I do love you. Please forgive me."

Sam sat in slight shock at his little speech. She looked at him on his knees before her, begging her to forgive him. She saw the guilt and love in his eyes. She saw he was shaking slightly as if he dreaded her answer.

Taking in a deep breath, she looked him in the eye and said softly, "I don't know what to say, Jack."

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Breniah