Login

Truth or Dare von Jaam95

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: This idea had been nagging at me for ages but I never did anything about it. I finally wrote it after some persuasion from Gracie…so here it is. Hope you like it…if you don't or there is something you think can be improved or even if you like me in general, just email me. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I don't own Stargate and I'm not making any money from this story so sue me if you want

Sam pressed the buttons fiercely, but nothing happened. She groaned.

"It's stuck, sir."

Daniel buried his face in his hands.

"Wh…do…v…to…be…st…in…he…wit…yo…peo…?" his words came out muffled and indecipherable.

"Good try, Carter!" Jack was slumped against the elevator wall, brushing his hand through his hair, while Teal'c stood unmoving in the corner.

"How long did the control officer say it was gonna be?" Daniel asked, looking at Jack through fuzz. He rubbed his eyes viciously, then felt Janet's hands grab his. His breath caught in his throat and he looked up at her, before his sight returned to normal. Janet, and everyone else in the elevator, had noticed her action, and she quickly pulled away.

"You'll ruin your eyes doing that, Dr Jackson."

He nodded and blinked a few times to clear his vision fully, still surprised by how he reacted to Janet touching him. Jack broke the awkward silence by clearing his throat.

"He said that it will be at least an hour before the elevator is up and working again, and sorry for the inconvenience. Damn machines…"

Sam took a seat next to Jack and patted his back sympathetically.

"Oh sir, I think you would prefer this than being a primitive being again. I know I would."

"You're right, Carter. But that tank top number…I would trade this for that any day. And besides there is nothing in here to do!"

"We could play truth or dare…couldn't we?" Sam suggested, ignoring his comment. She hated not being able to remember anything from her time as a primate, while Jack could. She still didn't fully know what she had done that had him so…

Teal'c raised an eyebrow and turned to face her.

"What is this truth or dare of which you speak?" He interrupted her thoughts.

"Well you see Teal'c, you choose a person, any person, and ask them 'Truth or Dare'. Now, if they answer 'truth', then you get to ask them about anything. For example…," Jack answered and looked at Sam, "If Carter had said truth, I would ask her something like, 'Sam, have you got feelings for me?' And then she would have to tell me the truth. Carter…?" Daniel, Janet and Teal'c watched anxiously, waiting for an answer. Sam glanced around, her heart beating a million miles per hour, and she tried to swallow, but her throat was too dry. Why did he do this to her?

"Only as a friend and colleague, sir." She lied shakily.

She heard Daniel sigh with disappointment, at yet another chance passed by.

Jack nodded, and turned back to the Jaffa.

"See, Teal'c? Now if she had answered dare…then I would tell her something to do and she would have to do it. Like, Carter, you have to…"

"Kiss Jack!" Daniel jumped in.

"Wh…KISS JACK! Are you SERIOUS, Daniel?"

Any wider, Jack thought, and Carters eyes would be dangling on the floor. The truth was, Jack quite liked the sound of that dare. He smiled mischievously.

"Yeah, like that, Daniel. And Teal'c," he turned to the Jaffa, "Carter has to do it or, she will get severe consequences."

Jack turned back to Sam who's eyes were, despite his thoughts, wider, and sparkled cobalt blue under the neon lights, or was there something else there that made them sparkle…?

"Sir? I thought this was just a demonstration…I didn't think I actually had to do it…"

Jack ignored her ranting and closed his eyes, preparing for her kiss…

When the elevator sprang to life and Sam jumped to her feet, thank-full of the excuse to get out of kissing him. It wasn't that she didn't want to- oh how she wanted to- but that if she was going to kiss him properly, she didn't want to kiss him in an elevator, surrounded by her closest friends. Janet laughed softly as she also hoped up, then helped Daniel stand, by grabbing his hands and pulling him to his feet. Her hands lingered on his a little too long, and the doors slid open slowly, as if they were being cautious of what lay outside. Janet pulled away again and turned to see Teal'c with a grin spread across his face, happy to be free of the confusing games and logics of humans. He was about to step off, when the doors slammed shut in his face. His grin disappeared, as did everyone else's, when the elevator jerked upwards, sending everyone on their butts, and stopped abruptly.

"Damn!" Sam growled.

Jack sighed.

"And I didn't think to bring my yo-yo."

Daniel straightened his glasses and pushed them to the bridge of his nose.

"Where were we? In truth or dare?"

"I believe Major Carter was about to kiss Colonel O'Neill." Teal'c smiled slightly.

"No, no, no, no, no, NO! I am not going to kiss my CO!" Sam exclaimed.

Jack pouted.

"You didn't seem to care about that in the locker room."

"The…What?"

He smiled.

"Oh, come on, just kiss already!" Daniel said, frustrated.

Jack grabbed Sam's face between his hands and kissed her softly.

A few seconds later, and after some passionate kissing, they came up for air, while a huge grin plastered Jacks face.

"See Teal'c! Do you understand now?"

The Jaffa nodded, while a smile played at his oversized lips.

"Indeed!"

"OKAY! Let's get started then, shall we?" Janet chirped.

"I'll start," Teal'c said, "Dr Fraiser, truth or dare?"

Janet bit her lip while she thought.

"I'll go…truth."

"How old are you?"

"39!"

Teal'c's eye brow shot up.

"I would've thought you younger than that." Janet felt a flush rise to her cheeks.

"Why, thank-you Teal'c."

Daniel silently agreed with his friend. Janet looked far from her 40's with her long caramel hair, and her dark brown eyes. Daniels eyes wandered from the back of her head, down her spine to her…

"Danny boy!"

His head snapped up.

"Huh?" Daniel could see Jack was trying to hold back laughter.

"The doc chose you."

He turned to Janet who was smiling at him.

"Okay Dr Jackson. Truth or Dare?"

"Oh, um…Dare!" DARE? Daniel kicked himself mentally. What was he thinking?

Janet's eyes lit up with surprise.

"Dare. I dare you to…compare your six-pack with Colonel O'Neill's."

Jack stopped laughing when he heard his name at the end of the sentence.

"Me?"

Janet nodded.

"Are you scared, Colonel?" Sam laughed.

Jack got to his feet and peeled off his jacket.

"No, Carter. I'm not. I just don't want to humiliate the poor guy."

Daniel scoffed.
"With what?"

"With this!" Jack pulled his shirt up, revealing a nicely formed six-pack, slightly hidden behind an array of gray hair. He noticed Sam's mouth open slightly and he laughed.

"You like this, Samantha?" Sam shut her mouth quickly, and shook her head.

No one had seemed to notice Daniel standing in the corner of the elevator with no shirt on, so he cleared his throat.

"Here goes." He mumbled to himself.

Janet found herself staring at Daniel's six pack—okay, four pack— and even though it wasn't as big as Colonel O'Neill's, Janet remembered she had never really been one to look for muscles in a guy. Sam was also impressed but she still liked Jack's. She thought of Daniel as a brother. But the way she thought about Jack…her mother would've washed her mouth out with soap if she heard her thoughts.

Daniel pulled his shirt back on.

"My turn now!," He looked around the elevator and landed his eyes on Sam, "Truth or Dare?"

Before Sam could answer, the emergency phone rang. Jack got up and held the phone to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Colonel? It's General Hammond. I just wanted to see how you were all doing."

"Well sir, we're fine. How long 'til we get out of here?"

"Not too long now, colonel. May I speak to Dr Fraiser, please?"

"I'll get her." Jack covered the mouth piece with his hand and called to Janet who was speaking animatedly with Daniel, who was now sitting next to her.

She got to her feet and took the phone off Jack.

"Janet here."

"Dr Fraiser. This is General Hammond. How is everyone?"

"We're all doing okay, sir."

"Good. We're going to get you out of there soon, I promise."

"Thank-you sir." With that she hung up and walked back over to sit next to Daniel.

"So Sam, truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare. And, I am not kissing the colonel again." Unfortunately, Jack added in his head.

"Okay, fine. I dare you to sing a whole song, with your best voice."

She groaned. Damn, fraking truth or dare. Why had she suggested this? It was bound to end badly.

"Like what?" she sighed

"Anything."

"Well, are there any suggestions?"

There was silence in the elevator as everyone thought about that.

"Perhaps 'Ice, Ice baby'." Teal'c said, smiling that he got it right.

"OH! What about 'Sunglasses at night' by Corey Hart, Eh?"

"Only you would wear sunglasses at night, Jack." Daniel taunted.

"Well, yeah. There are things called bugs.

Janet ignored the banter as she scrolled through her mental play list of songs that she related to her and Sam. One song jumped out at her and she smiled evilly. It had been the song they had drunkenly sung together after Hathor had arrived and taken control of every male in SGC. Sam had decided that drinks were well-deserved after the near-defeat, and that she was paying. At the pub after about 3 shots of tequila and a shared bottle of vodka cruiser, they found them-selves singing karaoke in front of at least 50 drooling men at 2:30 in the morning. The song was THEIR song.

"'Heaven is a place on earth'" she said very slowly, making Sam smile.

"Only if you sing it with me."

Janet thought about that. It was either her singing it with Sam or Sam not singing at all.

"Fine!"

Janet and Sam got to their feet at the same time, while all the males were looking confused.

They were about to start singing, when Daniel stopped them.

"Wait! What are you guys doing?"

"We're about to sing. It was the dare." Sam reminded him.

"No. The dare was for you to sing, by yourself."

"I either sing with Janet or…I don't sing at all. Either way, I win."

He sighed and waved his hand at them to get a move on.

(Bold-Sam, Italics-Janet, Bold italics-Both)

(Ohh baby do you know what that's worth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth

They say in heaven, love comes first

We'll make heaven a place on earth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth)

(When the Stargate opens

I wait for you and you walk in first

And the worlds alive

With the sound of Goa'ulds about to die)

The elevator burst into laughter, but Janet and Sam kept singing. Sam undid her jacket and slid it off her shoulders, throwing it to the ground, which received her a wolf whistle from Jack.

(When you walk into the room

You pull me close and we start to move

And we're spinning with the stars above

And you lift me up in the wave of love)

(Ohh baby do you know what that's worth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth

They say in heaven, love comes first

We'll make heaven a place on earth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth)

(When I feel alone

I reach for you and you bring me home

When I'm lost in the galaxy,

I hear your voice and it carries me)

(In this world we're just beginning

To understand the miracle of aliens

Maybe I was afraid before

I'm not afraid anymore)

(Ohh baby do you know what that's worth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth

They say in heaven, love comes first

We'll make heaven a place on earth

Ohh heaven is a place on earth)

Sam and Janet were spinning each other around, careful not to trod on any of the three pairs of feet of the men that were cheering and clapping along, when suddenly, the elevator doors sprung open and General Hammond greeted them with a shocked look on his face. The two women let go of each others arms, not slowing down at all, which sent them flying across the elevator. Janet fell straight into the arms of Daniel who was grinning as he brushed a stray strand of hair off her face. Jack caught Sam around the waist and pulled her in for a kiss while Hammond watched unnoticed.

They pulled away from each other and General Hammond cleared his throat.

"What the hell is going on here?" He demanded.

Sam's cheeks flushed crimson as she stuttered.

"Oh uh…nothing…I… we…um…" She turned to Jack for help and he was more than happy to take over.

"I think what the Major is trying to say is…well we're in love sir and I'm resigning." He grinned.

"No need, Colonel," Jack opened his mouth to speak, but Hammond stopped him, "I say 'Thank-god.' Do you know how long everyone at SGC command have been waiting for you two to get together? Too long. Even the president has repeatedly asked me if you have admitted your feelings yet. I'll take great pleasure in telling him the news."

Jack's smile grew and he dove in to kiss Sam again.

"However, not on my time!"

Daniel pushed his way out of the elevator and into the fresh(er) air.

"Dr Jackson, are you okay?" Janet raced to his side.

"Yeah, yeah…I'm just glad you were in there."

"Why? What's wrong?"

Daniel smiled sheepishly.

"I'm claustrophobic and if you hadn't been there to take my mind off the situation…" He shook his head free of the thought.

"Claustrophobic? Well you didn't show any of the symptoms.."

"Only because he was starring at your butt for most of the time, doc." Jack laughed as Janet blushed.

"Okay, that's enough. Dismissed!"

As they walked off, Janet stayed by Daniel's side.

"Starring at my butt?"

This time it was Daniels turn to blush.

"Yeah…" he laughed nervously.

"Well, maybe you can tell me all about how much you like my butt over dinner sometime?" She reached up and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Oh, uhh, sure."

Meanwhile, Sam and Jack walked hand in hand towards her lab when he stopped her.

"You know, I never asked you Carter, are you okay with this?"

All of his childish demeanor had disappeared, leaving him staring at her seriously, while he gripped her hands.

"Col…Jack, I wouldn't be letting you do this if I wasn't. I love you and I'm glad I can finally say that to you and not be under the influence or…"

"Of alcohol?"

"Aliens. Of aliens sir."

"Oh…Stop calling me that, will you Carter?"

"Only if you stop calling me Carter, Jack."

"Okay, Sam. Just one more question."

"Anything."

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing?"

Oh Damn.

Jack just laughed and started walking again, and Sam ran to catch up.

"Where are we going? My lab is back there!"

"Remember how I said that if you didn't complete your dare, you would get severe punishment?"

"But I did…"

"Ahh, but you didn't. I did. Therefore, you are to be punished." Jack smiled mischievously and before Sam could respond, he kissed her again, her words engulfed by his mouth.