An Atlantis Christmas von sadiekate

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Someone had decorated the gateroom with garlands and red beads. Jennifer Keller found this funny since, with one look out the window, you could see it didn't look like Christmas. At least, not her idea of Christmas. No snow, no ice (well, okay,she could live without the ice), no cold weather. No one wore anything heavier then the standard issue jacket. It just wasn't the same, which is what she was trying to explain to Rodney McKay.
"Well, so what?" he was, as usual, clueless. And yet, somehow, that was one of the things she loved about him.
"It doesn't feel like Christmas either. I mean, I know we've got decorations and a Secret Santa and all but it just doesn't feel like Christmas."
"Well, this planet is on a different orbit around its sun then Earth is, which is why it isn't winter here. And even if it was, this planet is closer to its sun then Earth so there is no winter like on Earth." Rodney explained, scooping up more of the mac and cheese that made up the lunch special of the day.
"Rodney, I know that! That really wasn't the point!" Sometimes, the fact she had to explain everything drove Jennifer crazy.
"Oh, okay." Rodney shrugged.
"It's just that I like Christmas. I like the decorations, the lights, the snow, even the stupid six foot blowup Santa my dad puts up every year. I know we've got decorations and all but somehow, since I had to do Christmas shopping in August, it doesn't feel Christmassy."
"That reminds me. Did I buy Madison something?"
"Yes, you did. A Gabriella and Troy gift set."
"Do I need to know what that is?"
"Not really. Just know she'll be thrilled."
"Good. Jeannie wanted to know if I had bought anything and I didn't know if you had or not."
"I did. It's fun shopping for little girls."
"I hate shopping."
"I know. That's why I did it for you."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"Now, what were you saying before? About Christmas?"
"You know what? Never mind. It doesn't matter." Jennifer said, a little frustrated. As much as she loved him, Rodney could be dense sometimes.

This part is from Jennifer's POV, the next one will be Rodney's. I actually did write this at Christmastime last year :) but just now found it an old notebook.