Talking Blind von ark_angel13

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

I'm sorry if my character is "nameless" at the beginning and refered to as "It" by the team, but it's because I had trouble with the name.
Kapitel Bemerkung:

if this sounds like drabble, i'm sorry. my prologues seem to do that. i want to keep you coming back, sorry.

(Notes: It's a switching POV for now, but it will change later, promise. It won't keep throwing you for a loop, reader.)

 

 

She watched the needle as it came down on her neck for the umpteenth time. Her mind raced back and forth between the needle and the Wraith holding it. She feared both, but had to suffer one. The fear was too much and she closed her beautiful, storm gray eyes that had once been a menacing, emaciated yellow.

No,’ she thought as the edge of the needle touched her neck. ‘No, not again! Please! It always hurts! Please! Michael!

The needle pierced and all was black.

---

The boots she wore tore through the underbrush, breaking twigs and stamping dirt. The trees whipped passed her. She felt a hard stone under her foot and made a sharp turn left, heading for the cliffs. She was so exhilarated and so full of adrenaline from the chase her captors gave.

She ran right off the cliff, diving head-first. She watched the beautiful sky above her before she closed her eyes and the wind ceased. She spread out the dark grey wings she loved so dear. With one, mighty thrust, her six wings gave her lift and she flew, high, into that endless sky she longed for.

But not all was beautiful.

With a gasp, she turned towards the sound of a very slow engine. It sounded like Ancient tech and she didn’t want another thing from the Ancients touching her. Not after all the things that had been done to her. One more mighty thrust and her wings made her rocket into the sky.

The engine’s noise stopped right under her.

Curious, she swooped down and reached out a hand. Heat came from the course of the noise. She gently ran her hand along some kind of craft. It was an aircraft, that was for sure, and it was made of a long dead material.

Flying low and coming up where she assumed was a place to see in, she closed her eyes. It was hard, but she found the life forms within. They were too busy to notice her, but the one did and they all did. She pressed her hands to the glass and opened her eyes.

Her eyes were yellow, like the thing they feared and looked for. The eyes of her captors. The eyes of the Wraith. She could see them clear as day, but her captors, far below, couldn’t or wouldn’t see it. She twisted away as a shot fired up at her. When her hands touched the glass once more, her eyes were gray and showed the coming storm in her spirit.

Opening her mouth, she spoke in a tongue she was sure the woman would recognize, since it was her native tongue.

Go back the way you came. They are not friendly and they will kill you. Go, before they find you. Take to the sky where they cannot go.” She pushed and the craft was shoved backwards as a barrage of stunning shots came up around her. The black cloths she wore were torn slightly, but she whizzed after the craft. Ducking down, she took hold of the bottom and threw the craft, out, into the atmosphere. Through the woman’s mouth, she spoke in a tongue she knew only from her creator. “Do not come back. They are not so friendly, my captors. I am going away, through the Gates. Perhaps we will meet again there.”

She smiled and zoomed off, tucking her wings in and flying straight at the Gates. The circle activated as she thought of her destination. Just as it stabilized, she zoomed through and it shut down. She was gone, off to the world she’d come from before the Wraith had found her.

McKay stared at Teyla. “Why do I get the feeling this is going to take us on another long adventure?”

Ronin shrugged and looked at the warrior beside him. “Dunno. Probably will.”

Sheppard turned back to the front of the ship and steered them safely back to space. “I say we go back and figure things out from there.”

They all agreed.

Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:

i think i did these few things:

1.) spelled Ronin's name wrong
2.) spelled Michael's name wrong
3.) made it too short