Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing as always.
Just a short one this time and I’m working on the next one.
Enjoy
“I thought you were having breakfast with Carson,” Alisa noted as she and Laura strolled along the corridors.

Laura sighed, “He’s helping your Dad with some project, they’ll grab something to eat there.”

Alisa frowned, especially at the sadness in her friend’s voice, “Is something wrong?”

“It’s nothing,” Laura brushed it away.

Their pace had slowed and Alisa could see that her friend was obviously depressed. She was reluctant to get involved too much because Carson was almost an uncle while Laura was her best friend/mother figure.

“It’s nothing, Lissa,” Laura assured her, she reached out and squeezed Alisa’s shoulder, “Just the trials of having a boyfriend who is a work-a-holic.”

“Well that’s not exactly something I have experience of,” Alisa reminded her friend with a grimace.

Laura turned to Alisa, “You’ve never had a boyfriend? I find that hard to believe.”

Alisa dropped her eyes shyly.

Laura moved the younger woman quickly through the corridors to the mess, this had her intrigued. They both grabbed breakfast and Laura found them a table in the corner.

“Okay,” Laura said, “Spill.”

Alisa rolled her eyes, “I thought we were talking about your love life.”

“We can come back to that,” Laura replied, “I want to know about yours.”

“I don’t have one,” Alisa retorted with annoyance, “It’s not like I can here either, considering there is about a ten year gap between me and almost every guy here. Not to mention that if I did try to date anyone my Dad, John, Ronan, Carson, Radek even Caldwell and Hermiod would read them the riot act and scare them away.”

“What about before you came to Atlantis?” Laura was astonished that they’d never had this conversation in all the time they’d know each other, “You are very pretty.”

Alisa blushed slightly, “At school I wasn’t. I actually lost a lot of weight during the first year because I ran with Aiden almost every day.”

Laura smiled as she caught something she never had before, “You had a crush on him, didn’t you?”

Alisa blushed again, something Laura was enjoying seeing. She had made Rodney blush several times and it amused her how similar they looked when embarrassed.

“I did,” Alisa admitted softly, “But after a while he became more like a big brother and then he was gone,” she sighed again, “I’m sorry, I’m meant to be cheering you up instead I ended up depressing us both.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Laura told her.

Alisa continued to eat and for a while they sat in silence.

“I got a letter from my friend Kirsty,” Alisa spoke up, “She was telling me all about her new boyfriend, who was a guy she originally was trying to set me up with before I left.”

“Lissa,” Laura said, “Would you rather be back on Earth rather than here?”

Alisa shook her head, “No, but I’m seventeen and I’ve never had a boyfriend, I’m missing out on a lot of things like prom and...I don’t know.”

Laura squeezed her friend’s shoulder, “I wish I knew what to say to you but I don’t.”

“It’s okay,” Alisa shrugged, “You’re not my Mom, I shouldn’t expect Mom like things from you.”

Laura felt a smile touch her lips; she loved the teenager at her side like a daughter, which she knew came from the time she spent in Rodney’s head - his adoration of his daughter had transplanted onto her.

“I like that you do though,” Laura told her.

************************************************

Alisa sat down in the mess next to her father, his team, Laura, Carson and Elizabeth.

“Where is he?” Alisa asked with a grimace.

“Safely in the brig,” John assured her, “And not as...adored as before.”

Everyone at the table gave John a disgusted look as he grinned at them. Elizabeth tossed a roll at his head before turning back to Alisa.

“Carson has given us the all clear to send him back to the planet,” Elizabeth told her, “And we’ll be rid of him.”

Alisa noted the small shiver that slid across Elizabeth as they spoke of the past few days. She felt ill as she thought of how enamoured she had been with the despicable man who had come through the Gate, how they had all been besotted by him except John.

“Would you knock it off,” her father’s annoyed voice broke through her musing.

“I was simply saying...” John started, ducking as Teyla and Ronan both hit his shoulder.

Rodney glared at him, “You were gloating, again. Just because you were lucky enough to have a cold; things would have been different if you hadn’t.”

At her father’s words Alisa got an idea and when she glanced over at him, Rodney gave her a quick smile – he had the same idea.

-

“McKay!!!!!”

The incensed yell made Alisa and Rodney look up from the artefact they were studying.

“Which one of us do you think he’s after?” Alisa asked with a grimace.

Rodney shrugged, “Let’s ask.”

John marched into the lab, anger blaring in his eyes, “You two.”

“Something wrong, Colonel?” Rodney asked blandly as he handed his daughter the padd he had been working with.

“You,” John growled pointing, his finger wavering between them, “Both of you. You made me clean your room? You made me clean up that...that...hell hole.”

Alisa bit her lip and smiled at the angry man glaring at them, glancing up at her father who gave her a quick encouraging nod.

“I promised that I would help him get you back,” Alisa reminded him, a smirk on her lips.

John glared at her before he glared at her father; he looked between them for several seconds before throwing his hands up in the air.

Without saying another word, John marched out of the lab leaving two smirking McKay’s behind him.

“That’s his lesson learned,” Alisa said with a grin, “Never mess with us.”

Rodney laughed, “Damn right.”