Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Alisa sat on the balcony, sipping her tea and enjoying the clear view of the stars. She wasn’t thinking about what had happened so recently, nor about the Wraith/humans on a planet where Carson was doing everything he could to help them. She was simply enjoying her tea and relaxing in the knowledge that her family were safe.

She glanced down at her laptop, she’d only written about half a page on the Wraith ship. Although she was completely fascinated by the technology the recent events had shaken her, distracting her. It didn’t help that the moment she’d stepped off the ship Laura, Carson and Teyla had all yelled at her for sneaking away. Dr Weir had then yelled at her the moment she’d arrived back also.

“Miss McKay?”

Alisa turned and looked up confused to see Woolsey standing in the doorway, “Hi?”

“I was hoping to talk to you?” he moved properly onto the balcony.

Alisa frowned slightly, suspicious of this suit who had accompanied Elizabeth to Atlantis, “About what?”

“Simply about your position here on Atlantis,” Woolsey explained, “And recent events.”

“Recent events,” Alisa shook her head, “Where John, Ronan and my Dad managed to beat the odds, again and brought us home a Wraith ship? Are those the recent events you’re talking about?”

He frowned, looking a little annoyed. He’d obviously not been expecting the McKay sarcasm from the younger one.

“Mr Woolsey,” Alisa stood, planting her hands on her hips, “I’m seventeen, I’m not dumb. My position on Atlantis is that I’m Dr Zelenka’s assistant. I’m working towards my degree and to take over my father’s job one day.”

“From what I have heard,” he noted, “You have the attitude.”

Alisa smirked at him, “I know the only reason I was allowed back here was because they’re scared to leave me on Earth. I have knowledge of Ancient, Wraith and Goa’uld technology. I’m dangerous for them to leave running about.”

“Very astute, Miss McKay,” Woolsey replied, “And from what I hear, you are also dangerous to be allowed to be running around Pegasus.”

Alisa winced, “I’m being punished for that by my father. Trust me when I say no one expected me to be so stupid, least of all Dr Weir when she was in another galaxy.”

Woolsey frowned, “That is not...”

“Yes, it is,” Alisa cut him off, “The people behind the desk, who have no idea what it’s really like here, are trying to appear more proactive. They should get some actual experience of being in these situations before they judge anyone.”

“You have quite strong opinions for such a young woman,” Woolsey noted.

Alisa shrugged, “If you don’t mind, I’ve got to finish an essay before my father gets back. I’m in enough trouble as it is.”

She sat down again deliberately turning her back so he would go away. With a sigh she started writing again – an extremely detailed report.

*********************************************

“Dad?”

Alisa poked her head into her father’s lab, she knew the team had just rescued Carson from the Wraith he’d originally used the retro-virus on and that they’d had to kill the others so this was possibly taking her life into her own hands.

“Have you finished?” Rodney asked, his eyes shadowed.

Alisa nodded, “I emailed you a copy.”

“Good,” Rodney replied, he returned to studying the device in front of him. He glanced up after a few minutes, “Why are you still here?”

“I want to talk to you,” she said softly, “Actually I want you to start talking to me again.”

Rodney let out an annoyed sigh, “Alisa.”

“Dad,” she cut him off, hating he used her proper name, “I’m sorry, I am so incredibly sorry and if I could go back I would...”

“Do it again,” Rodney finished for her blandly.

Alisa sighed, “Dad, I thought you were dead. I thought I would never see you again and I wanted to make the Wraith pay.”

Rodney didn’t look up at her because he didn’t want to see her face, he would give in at that moment if he did.

“Please,” Alisa begged, “Please don’t do this. I will do whatever you want, I’ll do anything you want but please don’t shut me out. I thought you were dead.”

Rodney looked up and saw the little girl in the eyes of the young woman before him. He could see the fear in there and all of a sudden all he could think of was the four year old who had bounced on his bed, waking him on Christmas Eve.

“Come here,” he motioned her over with one arm, catching her in a hug when she came close to him, “When Caldwell told me you were on that ship, I was terrified. All I could think when I was trapped in the cocoon thing was that at least you were safe here on Atlantis.”

“I didn’t think,” Alisa whispered, tears filling her eyes, “All I could think was that you were gone and I was an orphan.”

“Shh,” Rodney soothed, hugging her tightly, “Lissa, no matter what happens to me, I never want you to put yourself in any kind of danger. I need to know that you will stay safe, it’s how I can function.”

Alisa sniffed not trusting herself to say anymore. After a few minutes Rodney pushed her away.

“Here’s the deal,” he told her sternly, “Everyone is really mad about you sneaking aboard the Daedalus. I will not punish you anymore but,” he continued before she could get too excited, “You are banned from the lab for the next two weeks and you will be helping Carson for that time. No matter how disgusting the job is.”

“Okay,” she nodded; relief in her eyes, “Whatever you say.”

Rodney smiled amused, “Just remember, Carson’s is mad at you as well. This will not be a walk in the park for you. Not to mention any of the others give you something to do then you do it with not one word of complaint. Okay?”

“I can handle it,” Alisa told him, her head held proudly, “I knew there would be consequences to what I did and I’ll face them,” she leaned in and hugged him again, giving him a kiss on the cheek, “Goodnight, Dad.”

“Night, Lissa,” he called after her, smiling proudly as she accepted her punishment without blinking.

Andrea has been right all those years ago, he had raised her well.