Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Alisa stared at the two people glaring at each other, wondering if she could use her belt to swing from the balcony to get away from them.

“You accused me of trying to kill everyone,” Laura yelled, “You stood in Weir’s office and told them I should be the prime suspect.”

“Oh please,” Rodney shot back, “Your reason for staying was something came up. How suspicious is that?”

“Oh. Dear. God,” Alisa muttered, she leaned against the wall and dropped her head back.

“Suspicious?” Laura yelled, “That’s the lamest excuse you could come up with.”

“I could come up with?” Rodney snapped back.

“Okay,” Alisa yelled, making both of them turn in shock to her, “Would you two stop it?”

They stared at her.

“I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of two divorcing parents,” she snapped at them, “And I can’t take it anymore.”

“Lissa,” they said in unison.

“Dad,” Alisa turned to him, “Accusing Laura was stupid. You know her better than that,” Alisa spun to the woman grinning at Rodney, “And Laura, stop purposely antagonising him. Why can’t you two admit that you’re friends? When you were stuck together, when we thought you would fade away, Laura, what the hell did he do? And Dad, when I was hurt Laura was there for you. Why do you have to keep fighting?” she shook her head.

With a sigh, she walked out of the room leaving them standing staring after her.



Laura closed her eyes and turned to the man across from her, she sighed.

“Rodney,” she started, “Look, she’s right. We do have a habit of fighting with each other and putting her in the middle.”

He frowned, remaining silent making Laura sigh again.

“Rodney,” she snapped.

“What do you want me to say?” Rodney snapped back.

“How about an apology,” she rested her hands on her hips, her eyes filled with annoyance.

“An apology?” Rodney looked at her like she was insane.

Laura stared at him, “Do I have to remind you what you said?”

“Strangely enough, Cadman,” Rodney replied sharply, “I do remember everything I said yesterday. And I still think I have nothing to apologise for.”

“You accused me of trying to kill everyone,” Laura yelled at him, she clenched her fists in annoyance, “You know what, Alisa was right.”

“Right about what?” Rodney asked confused.

“I would divorce you,” she spun on her heel and walked out of the room.

*********************************************

“Hey, Carson,” Alisa greeted the doctor when he sat beside her.

“You look a little annoyed,” Carson noted, he leaned back in his chair and sipped his tea.

Alisa rolled her eyes, “I was stuck between Dad and Laura again. They’re driving me crazy.”

“Aye, I know the feeling,” Carson sighed, “If I thought I could get away with it, I’d lock them in a room until they sorted out their differences.”

“That’s one way to make the city explode,” Alisa noted with a grin, she tilted her head thoughtfully, “How’s Colonel Caldwell?”

“He’s resting now,” Carson told her, “Hermiod used the beaming technology to remove the Gould.”

Alisa nodded, “I heard,” she bit her lip, “Could I go see him?”

Carson looked a little surprised but nodded, “If you want. He might not be very receptive to having a visitor though.”

The teenager nodded, “I can understand that.”

Carson smiled slightly before something occurred to him, “Aren’t you meant to be in the labs just now.”

“I’m avoiding Radek,” Alisa declared, “He’s still pissed after his trip to M7G-677.”

Carson laughed, remembering the look of the science teams second in command as he glared at Rodney, “I was surprised you didn’t go with him.”

Alisa laughed, “Dad refused to let me go again, something about what happened last time I was there.”

Carson rolled his eyes; the memory of Rodney’s panic when they’d arrived back still made him shudder.

“Dr Beckett, please report to the infirmary,” a disembodied voice called.

Carson sighed in annoyance; he grabbed the muffin from his tray and jumped up.

Alisa smiled at him, “I’ll put that by for you.”

“Thanks,” he grinned before disappearing.



Alisa walked slowly through the city. Everyone was still running around after the excitement of the day.

“Hey,” Laura greeted her as she came around the corner to where the Lieutenant was working.

“Well, well, well,” Alisa folded her arms, “If it isn’t Dad’s ex.”

“You’re funny,” Laura frowned at her.

Alisa smirked at her friend, “So, did you tell him why you actually stayed here?”

“Lissa,” Laura frowned, her arms folding across her chest, “I don’t have to justify myself to Rodney McKay or anyone else. I asked Colonel Sheppard if I could stay and the only person I need give a reason to is him.”

Alisa’s smirk disappeared and her grin faded to a grimace, “I didn’t ask you to justify yourself. I’m just sick and tired of you two fighting all the time. Laura, you put me in the middle of it and you do it purposely.”

“Lissa…”

“Do you know you’re the only other person anywhere that calls me that?” Alisa asked softly, “Laura, you’re one of the people in my life that I think of as family.”

“I know,” Laura sighed and wrapped her arm around the teenager, “Lissa, I adore your Dad, most of the time and I think of him as a friend but it’s just so much fun to tease him. I’m sorry about putting you in the middle,” she smiled slightly, “And it’s because of him I call you Lissa, you know that.”

“Yeah.”

Laura gave her a gentle shove, “I’ll see you later, especially if Carson has to work through dinner again.”

*********************************************

“Wow,” Alisa mused as she looked over the equations Hermiod was showing her.

“You are impressed?” the alien asked her, amusement in his voice.

Alisa glanced over at him and nodded, “I can’t believe you managed to do this. This must have been…”

Alisa,” Rodney’s voice sounded in her ear, “Where are you?”

“I’m on the Daedalus, Dad,” she replied, “Hermiod’s showing me how they got the Gould out of Caldwell’s head.”

Well, the Daedalus is leaving in a few minutes,” Rodney told her, “So, unless you feel like a trip to Earth then get back here now.”

“Yes, Dad,” Alisa rolled her eyes; she switched off the computer and turned to the Asgard.

“I have sent it to your email,” Hermiod told her, “You can study it in your own time.”

“Do you want a paper on it?” Alisa asked sarcastically.

“Yes.”

She grimaced at the alien, “What?”

“I believe Dr Zelenka would not mind and I would be interested in what you have to say,” Hermiod told her.

Alisa rolled her eyes, “When do you want it?”

Hermiod mused this over for a few seconds, “I expect it sent to me the moment we arrive back in Atlantis.”

Alisa nodded and grabbing her jacket she headed back to the city.

As she wandered through the corridors she saw her father and Laura arguing, again. Alisa was about to turn and head the other way when she noticed something. Although they were fighting, there was something in their eyes. They were enjoying the argument and Alisa laughed to herself.

It was nice to have things back to normal.