Alisa von LE McMurray

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Oh come on,” Ford cried.

“The man hasn’t slept more than six hours in days,” Alisa stood with her arms folded across her chest, her blue eyes flashing with annoyance, “And you’re going to abuse the trust placed in you to send these messages home?”

“Alisa,” he tried to appease her, “He gave me the tape and told me to send it.”

“And as you recall he’s sleep deprived,” Alisa settled her hands on her hips challenging, “Alright, Aiden. You want to send the entire tape? Fine. But just so you know if you do then there will be extreme retribution.”

Ford’s grin faded slightly at the thought, “Retribution?”

“And if you think my Dad’s bad then remember he taught me,” Alisa’s grin widened, “And I’ve also had the Major’s input. So tell me, Aiden. Do you really want to go up against me?”

Ford frowned and handed her the tape, “Fine. You win.”

“Of course I do,” she grinned at him.

*********************************************

Diane Walker was extremely surprised when the package arrived for her from the Air Force. Inside was no note but a tape. Confused, Diane slid it into the player, smiling as the familiar face appeared on the screen.

“Hi, Kirsty,” Alisa greeted, “Dr and Mrs Walker, I know it’s been a while since I’ve contacted you and there is a reason for it. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you.”

Diane smiled at the rueful look on the teenager’s face; she looked so much slimmer and healthier than she had before they left.

“I just wanted to let you know both Dad and I are fine,” Alisa continued, “I’ve got some great friends here and I’m learning so much more than I ever would at school,” a frown creased the girl’s face, “I…I hope you guys are all okay and I hope to see you soon.”

Alisa stopped speaking for several moments’ sadness filling her eyes.

“I want to thank you guys for always being there for me,” she finally continued, “And…thank you. Goodbye.”

As the screen went blank, Diane frowned confused by the way Alisa had finished her message. Taking the tape out of the machine, she replaced it in the box so that it was safe.

*********************************************

“Excuse me, General?”

Jack looked up from his computer screen to the man standing in his doorway, “Yeah, Walter?”

“These are the messages for you from Atlantis,” the sergeant told him handing him a DVD.

Jack took the disc and waited until the door had closed before he slipped the disc into his computer. He went through Weir’s and Sheppard’s messages before he came to the last one.

“Hi, General,” Alisa smiled at the camera, “I thought I’d let you know you made the right choice letting me come here. Dad’s been instrumental in saving everyone quite a few times. As for me, I’m working with Dr Zelenka and learning amazing things I’d never get to learn back at home.”

Jack grinned at the smile on the teenagers face.

“Dad won’t let me get the gene therapy though,” Alisa rolled her eyes; “You’d think he doesn’t trust me to learn to fly a Jumper.”

Jack laughed as she stopped speaking momentarily.

“I know the Wraith are coming,” Alisa became serious suddenly, “And I know we have very little chance of getting out of this but…I don’t regret coming here. If we get through this and you can make it here, I’ll give you the tour,” she took a deep breath and Jack could tell she was trying to remain composed, “Goodbye, General.”

As the screen went blank Jack sighed, he knew they had to find a way to help the expedition team.

“And if we do and I make it there,” Jack murmured, “I’ll hold you to that promise, kid.”

*********************************************

Jeannie stood holding the tape in her hand; wondering who it could have come from, wondering who would send her something via the US military without even a note.

However, she had always been curious so Jeannie slipped the tape into the machine, letting out a small gasp at who appeared onto the screen.

“Rodney?” she gasped, staring at the man in complete shock..

“Ok? Jeannie? This is your brother, Rodney...obviously,” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “I wanna s…say, um...I wanna say something. Uh...family is important. I…I've come to realise that because the people here have become a sort of a kind of a surrogate family to me,” he gave a quick smile, “Now, I know what you're thinking: I've never really been the poster child for that kind of sentiment but when...when one's contemplating ones own demise, one tends to see things more clearly. I really do wish you the best, you know, and I'm sorry we weren't closer. Perhaps, if by chance I make it out of this, perhaps one day we can be, and I would like that.”

Jeannie smiled at him; wishing he was there in person so she could hug him, then smack him round the head.

“What are you doing?” a new voice came from off-screen. “Shouldn’t you be getting some sleep, Dad?”

Jeannie froze, Dad? When did Rodney become a father and why didn’t she know about it?

“Lissa,” Rodney reached out to the source of the voice, “Come here and say hi to your aunt.”

Jeannie felt her breath catch as the teenager appeared on screen, she was the image of Alisa. Jeannie had met Rodney’s fiancé only once and started to wonder what had happened to the woman because the girl was definitely hers.

“Hi,” the girl gave a slightly sardonic smile, “I’ve never met you so I have no idea what to say.”

“Lissa,” Rodney scolded, making Jeannie laugh at how…parental he sounded.

“What do you want from me?” the girl…Lissa rolled her eyes at him before refocusing on the camera, “I’d like to meet you and I hope we get the chance.”

“That’s my girl,” Rodney murmured proudly.

“I’ll see you later, Dad,” Lissa told him, “Get some sleep.”

Rodney smiled as the girl left before he turned back to the camera, “I don’t know if you know what happened. I don’t know if Mom and Dad told you, so I’ll give you the quick story.”

Jeannie found herself leaning forward.

“Lis got pregnant, she had cancer,” Rodney explained softly, “She had Alisa…Lissa and…and…and she died. So, I have a daughter who’s amazingly brilliant.”

“Oh,” Jeannie sighed, “Why didn’t you call?”

“Hopefully you’ll want to see us if…when we manage to get back,” Rodney shrugged, “Bye, Jeannie.”

As the picture disappeared, Jeannie continued to stare at the blank screen. Finally she managed to pick up the phone and dial.

“Mom,” Jeannie said the moment it was answered; “There’s something I need to know.”