Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Moving On

by Zoser
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
I know it is all in Daniel's mind but this is all in my mind.
Moving On

Moving On

by Zoser

Summary: What Jack and Sam did after leaving Daniel's apartment.
Category: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Episode Related: 310 Forever in a Day
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: minor language, none
Author's Notes: I know it is all in Daniel's mind but this is all in my mind.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/20/06

Moving On
O'Neill sauntered out of Daniel's apartment with Carter in his wake. When he got to the stairs he charged down them his usual two at a time. Carter didn't even try to keep up with him. He was upset or annoyed or perhaps a little of both. She gave him a few moments to put back on his game face. They had spent most of the midmorning and early afternoon helping Daniel clear out his personal things and move them off base. It seemed so permanent. Finalizing years of work, discovery, camaraderie.
"Want to grab some lunch"
She nodded and climbed in the truck with him. He drove aimlessly for a while then stopped at a tavern. They ordered lunch and he proceeded to knock back shots with beer chasers. She nursed a beer. Both were quiet as they mulled over the events that led up to Daniel's departure.
As if Carter were privy to the inner dialogue O'Neill was carrying on he said "He said that he had nothing more to look for - that's bullshit"
And again he lapsed into silence. And what could she respond. She didn't think that he wanted an argument or even her opinion. He just needed to vent.
"We are going to have to break in another geek. What a pain up my ass."
Foolishly she plunged ahead with that one.
"Sir, although Daniel will be a tough act to follow, I sure we'll find someone qualified that will blend with the teams dynamic."
"Carter, cut the crap. Could you imagine breaking in a new colonel when I buy it?"
She just stared; unbidden tears sprang into her eyes. She had thought about loosing him, about the foolish risks he had taken to protect them. She got up and left the tavern so he wouldn't see her cry. Too much emotion today. Saying good bye to Daniel was hard enough. No matter how you say "We'll keep in touch." It is never the same. But thinking of the Colonel's death, it just tipped her over the edge.
He joined her shortly on the grassy strip behind the parking lot.
"You know you will probably get command so you won't really have to break in a new CO."
He put his arm around her shoulder. He tried not to look at her tears and went on.
"He won't stay away for long. If he finds anything he'll be excited to tell someone. And who will he talk to? They will all think he's nuts."
She smiled. He felt the need but not the desire to let her go. `Let her go' he thought. `Gotta do that in more ways that one and I really don't want to.' He dug in his pocket and he gave her his keys.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Zoser