Login

The Nutcracker von Adelie King

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: Carter lets Kinsey have it....guess where...
 

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.

The Nutcracker
by Adelie King

Chapter Two: Unexpected Confrontation

Carter had gone outside searching for O'Neill when Senator Kinsey came up to her, "I should've seen it before." He remarked and she looked at him. Kinsey continued walking around her, "How could I have been so blind?"

"Maybe it comes natural to you?" Sam remarked and faced him keeping her cool, "That's why you are so obsessed with shutting us down."

"And you just gave me the means to do it Major." Kinsey informed her, "You and Colonel O'Neill."

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." She stood her ground even though inside her nerves and heart were racing.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about Major." He then accused her, "You and Colonel O'Neill's secret affair you've been having right under our noses." Kinsey then added in snidely manner, "I knew when I read your file you were just too perfect."

"Senator, Colonel O'Neill and I are not having an affair." She denied and tried walking away to look around for Jack again.

He then pushed mentioning, "The why were you kissing each other a moment ago." Kinsey confessed, "Yes I followed and peaked in on you."  He paused and added, "For a moment there I thought you were about take each other against that wall." 

Knowing she was exposed she immediately looked for an escape route. She knew she couldn't excuse what happened anymore "A moment of weakness... It could happen to anyone." Sam justified and added speculating, "Even you Senator. I'm sure in your business you've had an inappropriate relationship in your life." She was being polite now heading back into the ball room to silence him.

 

Meanwhile O'Neill and Hammond were heading back in themselves and stopped immediately overhearing Carter and Kinsey. "Hold on Sir...did you hear..?" Jack drew the General's attention. "Shh..." They hid behind a pillar.

 

"Yeah except this one could be my ticket to getting rid of you and O'Neill." Kinsey connived, "I could make sure you two get court-martialed and go to prison." He then continued, "Wait till it gets out that Colonel O'Neill has been sleeping with his subordinate."

"Colonel O'Neill would never do that." Carter affirmed defending Jack her emotions giving her feelings away. "He's an honorable man and officer who would never take advantage of those under him."

"Yeah and you would know that wouldn't you." Kinsey remarked with an obvious sexual insinuation.

 

"That son of a..." Jack's jaw grinded and his fists clenched his rage building rather quickly and dangerously. He was about to charge in and beat Kinsey to a living pulp.

Hammond grabbed him holding him back, "Colonel...NO!" He stressed, "If you hit him...you're proving him right." He paused and asked, "Do you want that?"

"He called Carter a whore!" O'Neill growled through clenched teeth his eyes fired up, "I can't let him get away with that!"

"Trust me son, Carter is dealing with this fine." Hammond assured him, "She can take care of herself."

 

Carter told him coldly, "This conversation is over Senator." She turned and headed back inside, "Good evening." She went through the doors back in the ballroom.

"Major I'm not finished with you just yet." Kinsey pursued her angry she would dare walk away from him; "Get your ass back here."

 

"See son...I told you..." Hammond commented pleased.

"It's not over yet Sir." O'Neill predicted by his gut and they followed back inside themselves to be ready in case something else happened. And knowing Carter, Jack had a feeling something was about to happen.

They caught up getting enough distance to hear the conversation and be ready to assist her if necessary.

 

"Tell me Major Carter." The Senator got loud making sure everyone would hear him, "How many times have you fucked a superior to move up in rank?!" People all stared in silence as he went on.

Jack got irate and told him, "She hasn't ever had to fuck her way anywhere Senator." He paused and defended, "She's never had to. All she had to do was do what she was best at and she earned what she deserved." He got in Kinsey's face and assured him, "You say one more sleazy thing about Carter and by the time I'm finished with you...no one will recognize you."

Kinsey then challenged, "Go ahead Colonel...let me have it!" He paused and added, "End your career now over that floozy you've been fucking."

"WHAT!!" O'Neill had his fist up about to hit him. Teal'c, Daniel and Hammond grabbed him.

Sam then interjected ordering, "No Sir...don't do it." She then insisted, "Let me take care of it."

"Oh! And what could you possibly do to me Major!" Kinsey threatened.

"THIS!" Carter yelled kicking up nailing him right in the balls with her foot.

Applause rang loudly throughout the room as the Senator went down to the floor like a falling tree. Photographers and media had a hay day with the incident. Jack and Hammond couldn't help laughing and half the room fell to the floor they were laughing so hard.

Sam covered her mouth with a mixture of triumph and fright, "Oh my God...what have I done?" She asked herself holding back a smile at the same time.

The guests were cheering her name, Good shot Major!! Way to go!! It's about time someone did that!! The bastard had it coming!!

Carter now panicked and left the room. Jack immediately followed her out the main entrance to check on her. She was still exhilarated and now her nerves were shaking all over making her dizzy. Sam braced herself against the wall. "Oh my God Sir...what have I done?"

O'Neill supportively answered, "You did what had to be done Carter." He paused and added, "You did what was necessary." He smiled at her and asked gently touching her arm, "Are you alright? Do you want me to take you home?"

"Yes Sir...I think that would be a good idea before I do something else more to screw the program anymore." Sam predicted.

Jack gently put his arm around her and walked her out front of the hotel building, "Come with me..." He signaled their limo and got inside. Soon as the door was shut and they were in their seats he immediately poured her a glass of scotch. "Here this might help."

Sam took it and started sipping it her body visibly shaking from anxiety and shock at her actions. "I can't believe I did that. What possessed me to kick Kinsey in the balls?"

"Instinct." He answered plainly. "And maybe the fact he called you a whore and accused you of screwing your way up the ranks had something to do with it." Jack cynically stated and then told her, "You should've let me hit him. I had less to lose than you."

"Yeah and confirm your feelings for me getting us court-martialed." She gulped down the rest of her shot and asked, "Give me another one."

He handed her a glass, "Well knowing how mad Kinsey is at this moment." Jack assumed, "If he has his way you're going to be anyway..." He paused and added, "As well as me for giving him a piece of my mind." Jack then grabbed himself a glass and gulped it. He then told her, "Look at it this way if you do kicking him in the balls humiliating him was well worth it." Jack smiled at her and chuckled recalling the scene all over again.

Carter then mentioned, "I would be laughing about it too Sir except for one slight problem." She sipped her glass again.

"What is that Carter?" Jack asked smiling still.

"Senator Kinsey saw us kissing while we were in that room." Sam informed him.

O'Neill's smile instantly went away and to him the situation was no longer funny anymore. He and Carter gulped down the rest of their drinks both remaining silent the rest of the way to her house.