Trust von T L Kay

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Bemerkung:

just a little thought that i had, hopefully it won't be too long

“Did they say what we would find here?” Rodney asked, looking around at the clearing they were standing in.

“For the hundredth time Rodney, no. All they said was that we would find something of interest,” said John.

“Well don’t we think that this could be a trap?”

“Of course.”

“Then why are we here?”

“Because it might not be. Jesus McKay, give it a rest.”

Rodney grumbled under his breath, but went back to surveying the area around them. Two days ago they had received a tip from the Genii that there was something of interest to be found on this planet. The team had been understandably wary—they may have formed an alliance with the Genii, but that didn’t mean that they trusted them entirely—but they chose to go to the planet to see what they would find. They had been there for almost 3 hours and found nothing.

“Sheppard,” said Ronon, looking toward the brush. “There’s something there.”

The four of them turned in the direction Ronon was pointing.

“I can’t see anything,” said John.

“Trust me, there’s something there.”

John did trust him, which made it all the more worrisome that he couldn’t see what was there. He was just starting to think that it was a trap and was going to radio the two cloaked jumpers hovering above them when he heard a familiar voice speak from the bushes.

“Come on now Colonel, you wouldn’t shoot an unarmed man, would you?”

John was so shocked that he let his gun drop down to his side as he took a step forward. The man stepped into the clearing, grinning stupidly at the four of them. John was too dumbstruck to speak, and he could tell Rodney was having the same problem. It was Teyla who stepped forward, past Ronon, to meet the last person they ever expected to see again.

“Aiden?”