Oops! von Billy-B-Killa

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung: I dictated this and my sla...betareader wrote it. Thanks MurdocsAngel. No, really. Thanks. Seriously...don't...hurt me...okay! I'm sorry for even implying you were a slave!! Anyway, this is my first fic ever, so I hope you all like it.
"Oops!"

McKay sat down on a piece of Ancient equipment, not really caring at the moment what it was, to eat his breakfast--well midmorning snack consisting of a turkey sandwich and some chips. And chocolate. Can't forget the chocolate. He had just finished the sandwich off when Sheppard asked for the new schematics for the Puddle Jumpers.

"Sorry?" McKay asked, startled. His mind was far from ships' schematics and the question threw him for a loop. "Schematics? What schematics?"

Sheppard answered, "The ones you were supposed to have for me a half hour ago?" His tone dripped with sarcastic disgust. "What schematics...what's in those sandwiches of yours anyway?"

McKay blinked at him and frowned. "Oh those schematics. Keep your shirt on flyboy I've got `em...uh..." he paused, trying to recall the last time he'd seen them and said finally, "In my office...I'll uh...get them later."

"How much later?" Sheppard growled, his eyes narrowed on the hapless astrophysicist.

"Later..." McKay hedged, "Well, gotta go. Meeting. See ya."

//All essential personnel please report to the `gate area. I repeat, all essential personnel report to the `gate area.//

McKay groaned and looked forlornly at the uneaten portions of his food. Sheppard didn't allow him to mourn too much though as he grabbed his arm and pulled him along behind him.

As they reached the area, people could be seen bustling about, preparing for the arrival of Teyla and Ford with their exploration team. Both Sheppard and McKay had been injured in an earlier mission and had been `grounded'--so to speak--to the base. As Weir had pointed out, at least they hadn't been confined to quarters.

"Do you have the new schematics, Major?"

The major turned and glared at McKay as he replied, "No ma'am. //Somebody//" as he stressed the word `somebody' his glare at McKay deepened, "forgot to give them to me."

"I well..I..I was busy!" McKay blustered.

"Doing what, eating?" Sheppard retorted.

"As a matter of fact, yes," McKay said, "I was //eating//. I need to keep my strength up for..."

"Gentlemen, please," Weir interrupted, "Save the testosterone matches for the shower rooms."

"Atlantis doesn't have shower rooms," McKay responded, although half- heartedly, chuckling a little. He hated it when she took that tone with him. It always made him feel like a school child who'd been caught out in a prank.

Weir raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment. "All right, we're expecting..."

She was interrupted by the wormhole opening and shots being fired through, one hitting her.