Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Can't Get You Out of My Mind

by Arla
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
mole Can't Get You Out of My Mind by Arla

TITLE: Can't Get You Out of My Mind
AUTHOR:Arla
EMAIL: arla@telusplanet.net
CATEGORY: S/J romance. Mole challenge response
SPOILERS: Tin Man
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG-13/M
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Jack sees Sam's mole. :o)
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Muchas kudos to my beta reader and plotting partner Miki. I couldn't have done this without you.


The locker room around her was quiet as Sam Carter stood beneath the shower spray and let the hot water soothe away the aches and pains from her tired body. She took her time massaging the sweet-scented shampoo through her short blonde hair, savoring the rare luxury of having the locker room to herself.

Several minutes later Sam gave a reluctant sigh as she turned off the water and stepped from the shower stall. Wrapping a towel around herself, Sam collected her shampoo and soap and padded back into the main locker area. The air was considerably cooler than in the shower room and she shivered as the air brushed over her damp skin.

Stopping at her locker, Sam opened it and placed the soap and shampoo on the top shelf before taking out her clean clothes and setting them on the wooden bench behind her. With that done she used a smaller towel to dry her hair, dropping it to the bench before unwrapping the towel from her torso and leisurely she toweled herself dry.


Jack O'Neill stepped off the elevator and strode down the hall in the direction of the locker room, shaking his head at his forgetfulness. He stepped into the locker room and stopped dead in his tracks. His breath caught at the vision before him. All the feelings of suppressed desire and longing, all those emotions he had tried not to feel, tried to hold at bay, could be held back no longer and overwhelmed him as he looked at her.

Sam's nude body was gloriously displayed, enhanced by the overhead lights. She stood with one slender leg on the bench and was leaning drying the firm toned muscles of her calf.. His eyes drank in the sight, following every curve and he smiled softly at the tiny mole on her right hip.

~So that's where it is.~


Either Sam sensed the his presence or he'd spoken this last out loud because she suddenly gave a startled shriek and drew the towel around herself.

"Colonel!" she gasped as she saw him standing in the doorway. Sam couldn't help but notice the brazenness and hunger in his eyes as he looked at her, blatant desire was shining in the dark depths of his eyes. Nor could she ignore the obvious reaction that his body had to that desire.

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't realize that anyone was still here." He apologized quickly. "I forgot my keys." he added and moved swiftly to his locker. Grabbing his keys from the shelf he turned back to her. "Sorry." Jack mumbled then turned and bid a hasty retreat.

Once outside Jack leaned his back against the wall and closed his eyes. "Forget it, just forget what you saw." he admonished himself and then added. "Yah, like you could ever get that sight out of your mind.

Face it Jack ole' boy, you're in over your head and drowning fast."

With these thoughts still running through his mind, Jack continued on his way to the elevator.


"Earth to Sam......hello?" Janet Frazier said quietly as she looked across the table and her friend.

"What? I'm sorry." Sam apologized flushing with embarrassment.

When Janet had invited her out for drinks after work Sam had thought it was a great idea, but all evening she hadn't be able to keep her thoughts away from the incident in the locker room a couple of days before.

"What's the matter Sam?"

Sam sighed and then began to tell her friend about her encounter with O'Neill in the locker room.

"And?" Janet asked with a grin.

"And what? Did you expect him to take me in his arms and spout his undying devotion?"

"Something like that." Frazier smiled

"Scenes like that only happen in sappy romance novels." Sam muttered.

"So that's why you both have been acting so weird the last couple of days... well weirder than usual."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked, a bit miffed as she took a sip of her drink.

"Sam," Janet shook her head. "For an intelligent woman with more degrees than I don't know who else, you can be very obtuse! Whenever you and Jack O'Neill are together the room fairly crackles with sexual tension. The attraction between you is so strong....."

"Janet...." Sam began to protest.

"Just hear me out. Take it from someone who cares about you and sees things from a different perspective. Jack O'Neill is interested, very interested, I mean it's not hard to notice since he watches you all the time. You both have to find a way to work this out because if you don't you'll end up regretting it. Sam, don't let fear, or regulations, or anything else stop you. If Jack is who you want then talk to him, tell him. Don't let the opportunity go by or you will spend the rest of your life wishing that you had."

Sam took in her friends words and then gave her a smile and a nod.

"Thanks Janet."

"Any time." Frazier smiled.


Sam had picked up the phone a dozen times to call Jack and had lost her nerve every time. With a frustrated sigh she set the receiver back in the cradle and got up from the sofa. She picked up her car keys from the coffee table and headed for the door. As she reached it the doorbell rang. Sam frowned and looked through the window to see who was there. A surprised smile crossed her features when she recognized her late night visitor.

Opening the door she smiled "Colonel? Come in." she offered and stepped back to allow him entrance to her home. She closed the door and turned to face him. Her blue eyes were questioning as she waited for him to tell her the reason for his visit.

"We need to talk." he told her softly.

"I know." Sam replied. "Have a seat." she offered and indicated the sofa. "Can I get you anything? A beer?" she asked as she followed him to the sofa.

"A beer would be nice Sam, thanks." he nodded as he sat down.

"Be right back." she said and disappeared into the kitchen.

She returned minutes later carrying two bottles. She handed one to Jack and he thanked her as she crossed in front of him to take a seat beside him.

Jack took a sip of his beer and then turned his eyes to Sam. She sat quietly beside him, eyes intent on the carpet in front of her. Jack smiled and set his bottle down on the coffee table. "Sam?" he called out softly and she turned her head to look at him. He shifted closer to her and then reached out to take the beer bottle from her grasp. He set it down on the table next to his own and then turned back to her. Reaching out he took her hand in his, holding it gently, and lifted his eyes to meet hers.

"Sam, I don't know where to begin?"

"Sir....." she started to protest.

"Please, let me say what I came here to say before I lose my nerve. And it's Jack." he told her softly. Sam nodded and waited for him to continue.

"What happened the other day was obviously an accident, but I'm glad it happened because..." he paused "I haven't been able to get you out of my mind and because of that, I had to take a long look at myself and face my feelings for you. I know it's against the regs and we may face some problems ahead but I can no longer deny how I feel." Jack reached out to trail gentle fingers down her cheek. "I love you Sam." he added in a soft whisper.

Sam smiled. "You're not just saying that to get another look at my mole, are you?" she teased lightly.

Jack returned her smile. "Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to do that but, I'm saying I love you because I'm not afraid to say it anymore."

"I'm glad." Sam said softly. "Because I love you too."

Sam could see the smile that lit his dark eyes as he moved closer and slipped his arms around her. He pulled her tight against him and looked deep into her eyes.

"I'm glad too." he whispered and then drew her lips to his for a tender kiss. His lips were gentle and teasing, his tongue lightly tracing the outline of her lips. Sam moaned softly and parted her lips, welcoming the invasion of his tongue as it slipped inside to dance with her own.

Breathlessly they parted and Jack looked into her eyes. He smiled softly. He had often wondered how Sam's eyes would look when lit with passion's flame and saw that her eyes were now a dark and smokey sapphire.

Sam returned his smile and then she rose from the sofa, moving to stand in front of him and held out her hand.

Reading the silent invitation in her eyes, Jack smiled and got up from the sofa as he slipped his hand into hers.

Wordlessly Sam led him to the bedroom door and opened it. She turned around to face him and he took her other hand in his pulling her a step closer to him.

"Sam, are you sure about this?" Jack asked her softly.

"Yes, I'm sure." she told him in a soft husky whisper.

"I don't have anything with me." he added with an almost sheepish smile.

"That's okay, I do." Sam told him then added. "Do you want this?"

Jack smiled and pulled Sam tightly against him so that she could feel just how much he did want her.

"You tell me?" he asked her huskily.

"I'd say yes." Sam purred as her lips brushed lightly over his.

"Most definitely." Jack responded in a low growl, moving further into the room and closing the door behind him.


Sam awoke and stretched luxuriously. A contented smile crossed her features when she felt Jack's strong, warm presence close beside her.

He rolled, shifting closer, and draped his arm around her waist, pulling her back against his chest.

"Good morning." he breathed warmly in her ear.

"Mm, morning." Sam replied and gave a pleasured sigh when his hand slid from her waist, along her flank and lean ribs to cup her breast. She leaned into his caress, relishing in the sensations his touch evoked.

Turning her head she looked up into his dark eyes. They were alight with mischief and passion. "Breakfast?" she asked with a smile and saw the feral glint that entered his eyes before he swiftly flipped her onto her back and loomed over her.

"Not yet. Not just yet." he said in a low husky growl.

Sam smiled and threaded her fingers through his hair. "What did you have in mind?"

"What do I have in mind?" Jack countered and Sam nodded.

"Well, I intend to search thoroughly and find out just how many other moles you are hiding." he told her with a playful grin.

"I thought that's what we did last night?" Sam smiled.

"Oh we did, but something this delicate requires further intensive study."

"Well, if you put it that way," Sam purred softly. "Then I'm a willing subject."

"Really?"

"Mm, really."

"Ooh good." Jack said as he lowered his head and captured her lips with his.

Words gave way to soft sighs and impassioned moans. They each ministered to the other's pleasure, a mutual giving and blending of the body, heart and soul.


"Hey, how was both your weekends?" Daniel asked as Jack and Sam strode simultaneously into the locker room early Monday morning.

"Spent the whole weekend in bed." Jack quipped with a grin and then "Ouch!" when Sam elbowed him sharply in the ribs. "That hurt!" he hissed in a tight whisper and Sam flashed him a sweet smile.

If Daniel heard the exchange he did not comment. "Gee, I'm sorry Jack." the young archaeologist stated solicitously. "I hope you're feeling better and up to getting back to work?" Daniel added as he turned to face them.

"Oh I'm up to it alright." Jack stated with a grin, his words rife with innuendo which Daniel fortunately did not catch but Sam unfortunately did. She glowered at him and then flashed Daniel a smile.

"I had a lovely weekend Daniel. Thank you for asking."

"I'm glad. Well I will see you both in the briefing room." Jackson added as he strode to the door.


Jack turned to look at Sam with a hopeful look in his eyes. She merely shook her head and crossed over to her locker. Sam was unable to keep the smile off her lips when she heard Jack mutter. "Well, I was up for it." as he too headed for his locker.


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Arla