Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

2005

by Amanda Eros
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
This is the fifth story in my Ancient Connection Series. It is broken up into 26 chapters on fanfiction.net.
2005

2005

by Amanda Eros

Summary: While off base, Daniel Jackson is abducted by an old enemy. In the background of his abduction, deals are being made, and not everything is as it seems.
Category: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, POV, Romance, Series
Episode Related: 416 2010, 510 2001, 521 Meridian, 601 Redemption, 603 Descent, 604 Frozen, 605 Nightwalkers, 606 Abyss, 607 Shadow Play, 608 The Other Guys, 609 Allegiance, 610 Cure, 611 Prometheus, 612 Unnatural Selection, 613 Sight Unseen, 614 Smoke & Mirrors, 615 Paradise Lost, 616 Metamorphosis, 617 Disclosure, 618 Forsaken, 619 The Changeling, 620 Memento, 621 Prophecy, 622 Full Circle, 701 Fallen, 702 Homecoming, 714 Fallout, 812 Prometheus Unbound
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Team, other pairing
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes, language, minor language, sexual situations, violence, none
Author's Notes: This is the fifth story in my Ancient Connection Series. It is broken up into 26 chapters on fanfiction.net.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 12/29/05

"I'm glad that you finally decided to come back here considering what happened last time." Jonas pressed his lips together as they walked away from the Stargate. He had an arm full of rolled up blueprints in his arms.
"Well, all things considering, that was another life time." Daniel did his best to smile as he shifted his bag on his shoulder. Personally he never wanted to return here, but they had a mission to complete and if he wanted to be sent to Atlantis, he knew that this mission had to be a success.
"It certainly does feel like that." Jonas raised his eyebrows. "Although I'm curious, why did they send you to do this assignment, why not send Col. Carter?"
"She's helping to finish the Daedalus with all of our top engineers, scientists, and technicians." Daniel looked over his shoulder to make sure that SG-7 was still following them with their equipment.
"Why not send Ms. Dior, or is she working on the Daedalus too?" Jonas asked in a nonchalant matter, his gaze was straight ahead as he kept his facial expression neutral.
Daniel pressed his lips together, "She's studying."
"Studying?" Jonas tried to maintain his composure as he spoke. He held his breath as the team from Earth came though the event horizon. However he was very disappointed that she wasn't apart of it. It had only been two weeks, but he couldn't stop thinking about her.
Daniel took in a deep breath, "yeah it's a long story. I'll tell you about it later. Right now the important thing is to get started on this project."
Jonas nodded slowly, "it's very ambitious. My government has barely developed aircraft that can span a continent, but this... it's going to change everything."
"Unless the other scientists of this world are as quick of a study as you are, I doubt that." Daniel put his hands on his hips as they walked.
"Oh, I'm sure it will. Dr. Jackson, you have to understand, our governments are aware that the threat to this galaxy has been neutralized. The thing is that we need this project to unite the people. It is going to be affecting the entire economic and industrial infrastructure of this planet. For the first time we aren't going to be building weapons to destroy each other, we're going to be working together to ensure the safety of our world for generations to come. It's had a very large affect on the way we think."
Daniel thought about it for a moment, but his thoughts were interrupted with the appearance of First Minister Dreylock who was rounding the corner with a gentleman. "First Minister, you are looking well." He did his best to give her a decent smile.
Dreylock nodded her head, "As are you, Dr. Jackson." Dreylock motioned towards her companion. He was quite cavalier with a neatly trimmed red beard and mustache. "I would like to introduce you to Barron Kleari Yldeard of Tirania. He is the Chief of the Langaran Stargate Base of Operations." She had a very thin smile on her lips.
Daniel's eyes widened and then blinked several times. He was absolutely stunned that they would allow a Tiranian to be the leader of their Stargate program. "It's nice to meet you."
"Likewise Dr. Jackson, I've heard much about you." The colossal man gave Daniel a pat on the back as they started to walk down the hall again. "I can understand your current state of shock. It's not every day that your in the company of someone of my status." He said with the most serious look on his face. Out of the corner of his eye he watched Daniel's reaction.
Daniel just looked at him as if he had two heads.
Baron Yldeard started to laugh and then he shook his head as he turned down the next corridor away from the procession. His two bodyguards, which had remained at a distance, joined him.
"The Baron has a unique sense of humor." Jonas said in a low voice.
First Minister Dreylock kept her mouth shut for a moment. She didn't care for the Baron; all he ever did was bring up how rich he was. Instead of thinking more about that particular subject she decided to shift topics. "I hope you don't mind Dr. Jackson, but we would like to get started right away. Our top scientists and engineers are awaiting us two levels up from here."
"That's fine, we're ready to begin." Daniel turned towards Jonas after a moment, "Since when did you start a Stargate program?"
"Well, we've been discussing it since I joined the Joint Council. However it didn't materialize until recently." He carefully chose his words.
"What changed? Obviously if you've been discussing it for some time now, there has to be a new factor involved." Daniel was trying to figure it out.
Dreylock couldn't keep quite any longer. "Baron Yldeard has made all of the difference, Dr. Jackson. Without his family's financial support we would not be able to maintain an active command, nor would be able to go forward with our current project. We were fortunate enough that with much negotiations the Stargate Base of Operations has been able to remain in this country." Dreylock entered the stairwell.
A Half Hour Later -- SBO Mission Room
The SBO Mission Room was set up like a proscenium theater so that no matter where a person was sitting, they would be able to see up front. There was about twenty different scientific and engineering project heads present for the meeting. They were not alone; there were also representatives from all three of the major powers of the planet. Daniel, Jonas and SG7 were seated in the front row along with a young woman and two young men.
One of the young men stood up and turned towards those who had gathered. "Salutations." He bowed his head as he held a pleasant smile on his lips, "Several years ago none of us could have ever imagine being in a room like this discussing a project like the one we are about too. There are no words that can describe what this means to our people. We have placed our differences aside in order to ensure the safety of our entire world. Please remember that all will appreciate your sacrifices during the completion of this project." He turned towards Daniel and SG-7. "We are now ready for you to begin your presentation."
Daniel stood, "Thank you, I'm sorry I didn't catch your name." He looked at the young man. He was just above average height with blond hair.
"My apologies, in my excitement, I forgot to introduce myself." He pressed his lips together to give them a reasonable smile. "I am Finn Yldeard," He motioned to the other two people in the front row. "My elder sister, Isleen, and Peadar Tully." He sat back down.
"It's nice meeting all of you." Daniel nodded while he took out a remote from his pocket. "Lights, please." Once they were dimmed he turned on the projector. It was located at the top of the room. Behind him on the screen was a picture of the planet. "Behind me is Langara seen from orbit. As the first line of defense for your planet, we have proposed," he clicked the remote and a picture of a satellite appeared. "That we send into orbit a series of satellites that will encompass your planet in a large network of individual shield generators. A Naquadria generator will power each of these satellites."
He clicked the button on the remote, which brought up the blueprint for a Naquadria generator. "Each generator will be equipped with its own personal shield so that if the out containment case happens to be destroyed it won't set off an explosion."
Daniel clicked on the remote so that another blue print appeared. "The reason why there are many satellites is that if any part of the shield should fail the other satellites around it will pick up the slack. This way if one generator is taken out of the equation, the rest will automatically compensate for the loss." He clicked on the remote again. A computer generated simulation started to play. From the planet's surface the satellites were being launched from the surface into orbit. Once they reached their designated positions they turned on forming a grid of shields activating along the planet's longitude and latitude lines. "Your secondary line of defense will be the individual shields that will encompass each major city. They will activate only if the Orbital Shield's signal goes out. Any questions?" Daniel looked around.
Isleen spoke up, "exactly how long do think this project will take?" "Well, there are many factors to be considered. The amount of workers, the rate of time that it will take to gather the materials..."
Isleen cut him off, "Dr. Jackson, I'm aware of all the different variables, all I'm asking is worst case scenario, how long do you think this will take?"
"About five to ten years." Daniel pressed his lips together. He thought that equipping the planet with shields was pretty pointless at this point. The Replicators were basically defeated, and the Goa'uld were no longer a threat. But if Jonas were right, at least it would begin to build unity. He just wondered how they were going to be able to pull it off.
She nodded her head, "That is... acceptable." A thin smile crossed her rosy colored lips.
Daniel blinked several times, "That is? Yes of course that is." He smiled, "Of course Earth will be happy to help you with meeting the safety requirements of the Naquadria generators. Thanks to Jonas's work, we are capable of calibrating the Naquadria to help it maintain its stability."
Isleen slowly stood. "We are aware of that." Her chin was raised several inches. "However we have one simple request."
Daniel slightly tilted his head to the side as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "And that is?"
"We require a Langaran team to be present at all times." A thin smile crossed her lips once more. She had her reasons for wanting this.
Daniel shifted his weight, "That's reasonable, SG - 7 will be working here with your people, it's only fair that your people work with us on Earth."
"Excellent." She smirked as she turned her head, "Jonas Quinn we would like you to head the team that will relocate to Earth."
"Me?" Jonas was caught completely by surprise. "I'm still apart of the Joint Council..." He could hardly believe that they would want him to relocate to Earth especially while they were still getting their Stargate program started up. "Until the end of the month. Then there will be elections since two members are no longer with us." She bowed her head for a moment out of respect for the dead, and then slowly raised her eyes once more. "You are the leading expert on Naquadria, and yes you are very valuable in many different aspects of the Joint government. However, I'm afraid that not too many people would be able to remotely understand the mathematics involved in such a process. Besides that it's your equation that they will be using to do so, you should be there to assist them if something shall go wrong. You are the best person for the job, it has already been decided by this command and the leaders of the major powers."
"Does he have any say in the matter?" Daniel raised an eyebrow as he looked between the two. He didn't think that it was fair for her to spring this on Jonas in front of everyone present.
Isleen turned towards Daniel and pressed her lips together to form a very thin smile. Personally, she didn't think it was any of his business about how they ran their joint government. Though she knew that they were friends and reminded herself to remain civil.
Peadar Tully quickly stood. "Of course he does. He just works for the government and has been given a transfer and promotion. Don't you have similar practices on Earth?"
Before Daniel could speak, Jonas stood. "Thank you for considering me for this assignment I will give it serious thought." He felt like there was tension building over him and he didn't want any harsh words spoken because of it. When he saw their shoulders ease, he sat back down.
Finn stood next; "I think that it wouldn't be prudent if we called for a recesses." He knew his sister, and felt that it was best for her to cool down. The Yldeards were not used to anyone challenging their authority.
Isleen turned towards her brother and with a slightly sharp tone she said, "Agreed." Without another word to anyone, she walked out of the room. Peadar Tully followed her out of the room.
Finn turned towards Daniel, "my apologies for my sister's behavior. When something is decided she tends to think it is written in stone or some sort of metal." He smiled. "Now if you may excuse me, I should fill my father in on what was discussed." He bowed his head and then took his leave.
Jonas stood back up and walked over to Daniel, "Thanks for sticking up for me." He gave him a genuine smile, but personally he felt that it wasn't necessary.
Daniel shrugged, "I tend to do that without thinking sometimes." He smiled back, "but you've already made up your mind." He stuck his hands in his pockets. "What makes you say that?" Jonas raised his brows. He didn't think that he had given them any types of inklings to give away what he was going to decide.
"Oh I don't know, call it intuition." Daniel tilted his head to the side, "or a certain infatuation with a particular Ancient." He shrugged his shoulders as he studied his reaction.
Jonas shook his head, "my feelings for a particular Ancient are anything but an infatuation."
"Glad to hear that." Daniel slightly narrowed his eyes for a split second and then decided not to say more. He had become very protective of her since there were less people around the SGC to keep an eye on her.
Earth - SGC - Dr. Jackson's Office
Kyna let her head plop down onto the textbook. "If I have to look at another language, I think I'll throw up..."
Walter placed the books and tapes that he hand in his hands on the desk. "Sorry... these just arrived."
"You don't say..." She didn't move her head from the pages of the book. "What are they?"
Walter wondered why she just didn't raise her head a little and looks at them. "The Romance Languages. What are you currently working on?"
"Oh those shouldn't be too hard. I just finished Chinese." She sighed; she knew that she should feel lucky to be able to learn about four languages a day. But right now they all felt like a blur, especially since she won't get much time to practice them. "Wouldn't it be nice just to press your head to a book and you learn everything that's in it."
"I think that was in a movie..." Walter raised a brow as he thought about it for a moment. He looked at his watch, "It's after six, I don't think anyone will notice if you went home and got some rest."
"That's not a bad idea. Thank you, Walter." She stood up, "Do you think the people at this meeting will be nice? I hope they don't all blame me for their problems or want me to fix them..." She had a worried expression on her face. Her first interview was bad enough; she just hoped that meeting with the international community wouldn't be a repeat of that incident.
Walter pressed his lips together, "That's hard to say. In my opinion, I think that they will be very impressed with you, especially if you know all of their languages. But other than that, a word of advice, they're politicians, don't trust them."
"Right..." She gave Walter a lopsided smile as he walked out of the room. The more she got involved with humans the more she began to wonder if she would ever be able to completely figure them out. Kyna turned back towards the table and then started to gather her things before returning them to her office. After a few moments in there, she left to head towards the infirmary where she knew she could find Kate.
In her office, Dr. Katrina Viola was finishing up some paperwork. Things were slow around the SGC these days and it normally left her with very little to do. So, in her free time she would study old reports. Kat looked up when she heard a knock on the door.
"Ready to go?" Kyna stood there with her head resting against the doorframe. She was already wearing a jacket over her SGC green uniform.
"Sure," Kat closed the file and stood up. She pulled on her coat and picked up her purse before heading towards the door. "What do you want to do tonight?"
Kyna twisted her lips as she thought, with a whisper she replied, "Karaoke, then telekinetics, that's easiest for me, or we can do it vice versa."
Langara - SBO - Barron Yldeard's Office
Finn knocked on the door before peering his head though it, "Father can I have a moment of your time, please?" He asked in a sheepish voice. He wasn't sure if his father had company or not.
The Barron looked over at his son then his glance returned towards the high backed chair in front of him. "Yes, Finn, come in here for a moment, and closed the door behind you."
Finn did as he was instructed to do and went in, he didn't move away from the door.
Barron Yldeard slowly stood and then he motioned towards a gentleman that stood as well. "Finn I would like you to meet our guest, this is Molum, the Ambassador for the Aschen Confederation."
Kyna's House
"Remember, concentrate, and focus on the pencil, just roll it." Katrina was sitting on one side of the mahogany coffee table in the living room.
Over the past two weeks Kyna had completed the repairs on the downstairs portion of the house with help from Katrina, Daniel, Jennifer, and Cassy. However the living room was the only room that was furnished besides the kitchen on that level. The walls were a soothing shade of blue. On the floor was a cream-colored area rug. The couches and curtains were a dark cranberry color with cream colored fringing and tassels.
Kyna was still in her SGC uniform. They decided on the way that they work on her telekinetic abilities first, and then go out afterward.
But when the pencil failed to move for several moments, Kyna plopped her head on the table. "I just can't do it!" She let out a deep sigh, "You would think that something that small would be easy to move, but it's not. I just want it to roll back and forth on its sides."
The pencil started to roll back and forth on its sides.
"Um... Kyna?" Katrina tried to interrupt her complaining but failed to do so.
"It's not like I wanted it to spin around." She whined some more.
The pencil started to spin around in a circle.
"Kyna..." Katrina started to tap her fingertips on the coffee table.
"Or even have it float up in the air..." Kyna sounded hopeless.
The pencil lifted itself off the table's smooth surface.
"It's just impossible... it really is..." She almost started to cry.
"KYNA!" Katrina almost shouted.
Kyna looked up and sniffled, "What?" She rapidly blinked her violet eyes.
At the same time the pencil fell back on top of the table.
"You're over thinking it." She tilted her head to the side. "The pencil did everything you just said, it rocked, spun and floated." "It did?" Kyna looked confused. She hardly believed that.
"Yes it did. Maybe you have to say what you wanted to do?" Katrina took off her glasses and started to rub her eyes before looking at her again. Kyna shrugged, "Well, it's worth a try, I guess." She concentrated on it, "Pencil stand on your point." Nothing happened for several moments. She shook her head, and then she looked at Kat again, "It didn't do anything... I told it to stand on it's point and well, you saw nothing happened..."
The pencil stood on its point.
Katrina thought about what just happened as she stared at the pencil. "Perhaps eye contact is the problem."
Kyna became aware of what it was doing and then she shifted her eyes towards it.
It then fell back on the table.
"Eye contact... alright..." She stared straight ahead as she focused on the pencil standing on its eraser.
"That's not it ether. What are you trying to have it do?" Katrina shifted the way she was seated.
"Oh! It's hopeless..." Kyna whined before plopping her head back down on the table. "I just... I just wanted it to..."
The pencil stood on its eraser.
"Have it stand on its eraser?" Kat smirked.
"Yeah..." Kyna sighed.
Katrina reached over and placed her hand on Kyna's shoulder. "Sweetie, you are over thinking this whole thing. Let me ask you this, do you think when you breath or when you make your heart beat?" "No, it just happens automatically." She looked up at Katrina, "are you saying that this should be natural for me, and it should just happen automatically?" Kyna frowned.
Kate nodded. "That's right. Each time you tried to either concentrate or focus on the pencil nothing happened. But when you were distracted and weren't thinking about it, it did exactly what you wanted it too."
Kyna let out a stressed sigh this time. She just wasn't exactly sure how to go about not thinking about wanting to do something and then actually have it happen at the same time.
"Did your parents, or grandmother ever tell you about their extra senses and abilities? Or perhaps you read about them somewhere? Does the repository have any clues in it about them?" Kate wanted to give her something to think about.
Kyna shook her head, "My parents never used any that I was aware of. As for my grandmother, she would tell me stories about the old days. There were stories about those who were able to see into the future, others who had used super strength when they absolutely needed it." She paused, "You see our extra abilities are not to be abused or taken for granted. Once a person becomes completely dependent on them their lives become rather easy. The appreciation for hard work and accomplishing things for one's self is lost." She swallowed, "I read plays where a person would monopolize on one or more of their abilities and would become ruined because of it. As for the repository... it has references on how to accomplish certain things, like vision sharing. Healing came natural to me as does tuning my hearing and vision. I haven't really tried anything else." She lowered her eyes; she knew that she should feel lucky to be able to do all of these wonderful things. But in all honestly, she just wanted to feel normal.
"I see..." Kate became lost in thought for a moment. "I read a few reports about advanced humans, and one of them tells of an incident where SG-1 came into contact with a person who could read minds... can you do that?" Katrina had been curious about this for a while, but given how sensitive Kyna was she didn't see the right opportunity to ask until right now.
Kyna's eyes snapped up as the appearance of being alarmed crossed her features. "Well... I don't know... I would never do something like that... it's an invasion of privacy." "Hmm... you can project images into someone else's mind, what stops you from taking images out?" She tilted her head; that thought hadn't occurred to her until just then.
"Honestly, I've never tried it, and I really don't want to." She sighed, "Can we go sing now?" "One last thing, would you be willing work on it at another time. Just reading my mind and not taking images, if that's different I'm not sure, but I would give you my permission first. This way it would not be an invasion of my privacy." She smiled down at her as she started to stand. Kate had nothing to hide; in fact she hoped that if Kyna did agree that she would see how she's had such a positive effect on her life. She had been really depressed when she missed the first Atlantis mission, but having the chance to work with her gave her life new meaning. Besides that, she felt that she was her friend and that she wouldn't trade that friendship for anything.
Kyna was quite for a moment as she thought this over. "I'll think about it." She then looked up, "now can we go?"
"Sure." Katrina gave her a pleasant smile. She really enjoyed hearing her sing when they went last week.
"Yes! I'm going to go change!" Kyna bolted from the room and ran up the stairs to get dressed. Langara - SBO Project Shielding Coordination Room
Daniel stood at a distance watching SG-7 interact with the different scientists and engineers for the shielding project. So, far so good, he let out a sigh of relief as he thought about it.
Each of the members was the head of a different part of the project. One was coordinating the technical construction of the actual spacecraft that was going to push the satellites into orbit. Another one was in charge of building the satellites. The third member was in charge of setting up the primary construction of the launch sights. There would be at least one in each of the countries that was participating in the project. Finally the team leader is going to float in-between the different projects to make sure that everyone was working together and staying on time. He would also assist when they needed him along with going out into the field to make sure that everyone was on the same page.
Jonas walked into the room and went straight towards Daniel. "Everything seems to be going smoothly."
"I would say so, let's hope it stays that way." Daniel smiled and then turned towards him. "What's going on with you?"
"Well, I've spoken to First Minister Dreylock, and she reluctantly agrees with Isleen." Jonas shrugs.
"You weren't expecting her to?" Daniel crossed his arms in front of his chest as he grinned.
"Oh I don't know... I just thought that perhaps I had become more useful here and that she at least had the right to admit that." Jonas frowned from his disappointment.
"I take it that she didn't." Daniel looked down as he shook his head.
"Nope... But she did ask me what I thought about her nomination for the Kelownan reprehensive to the Joint Council." Jonas finally smiled.
"She did? Who is she nominating?" Daniel tilted his head.
"Professor Udo." Jonas stood with his hands supporting his back as he smiled. "At least I know that he'll do a good job." Daniel nodded, "that's good." He really hadn't had an opportunity to interact with the professor, but he knew that Jonas respected him and that's all that really mattered.
Peadar Tully jogged into the room. "Sorry to interrupt, but Isleen and I have been called into a meeting. We won't be able to discuss anything further today."
"Is everything alright?" Jonas's eyebrows came together.
"More or less, that remains to be seen." Peadar frowned, and then shook his head. "It's likely that we'll be involved in this for the next several hours, and won't be meeting with you again today." He started to leave, "we understand if you want to go back to Earth to make sure that preparations for that part of the project are being taken care of." He nodded and then left.
Jonas watched him leave and frowned again. He wondered why he wasn't included in on the meeting.
Daniel stepped forward and placed his hand on Jonas's shoulder, "Looks like it's time to go home."
Jonas nodded, "yeah. Let me just get my overnight bag. I'll meet you at the gate."
SGC Gate Room - A Half Hour Later
Jonas and Daniel walked down the ramp. In front of them was a one person welcome party.
"Hello boys, how are things going with the project?" Jack had his hands in his pockets. As much as he didn't like the Langarans, he appreciated everything that Jonas had done for the team while he was a member. So, he tolerated the current project. That and the President and the Pentagon thought that it was a good idea to have it tested on an alien world before trying it on Earth.
"Good, actually." Daniel smiled, "Jonas has been put in charge of the Naquadria Project here on Earth."
Jonas rubbed the back of his head, "I was more surprised than anyone else."
"You don't say." Jack turned towards Jonas. "It's good to have you back. We've missed you." Jonas stopped and gave Jack a weak smile. His heart became filled with unspeakable emotion, "thanks Jack, you don't know how much that means to me."
"Ah, don't mention it." Jack turned towards the door. "I'm going to get going home." He checked his watch as he walked out and frowned to himself, if he didn't get home soon he would miss the beginning of the Simpsons.
Daniel turned towards Jonas after watching Jack leave, "you haven't eaten, have you?"
Jonas shook his head; "I was just going to get something from the mess hall." His stomach growled. He had been so involved with starting the project that he had completely forgotten to eat.
"Hmm... I was going to go see if a friend of mine wanted to grab a bit to eat, you're more than welcome to join us." He spoke as he headed out the side door. Daniel didn't want to say who his friend was for the time being. He wanted Jonas to ask if it was Kyna to see the look on his face. He still wasn't sure what to make of the two of them and he wanted to look out for her well being.
Jonas walked by his side, "I don't know, it's been a while since I've spent any time on the surface of your planet. I'm probably not even dressed right." Even though Jonas spent a year on Earth, he barely ever got to travel on the surface for pure pleasure. Although he did feel fortunate when Sam would invite both him and Teal'c to go out to eat dinner. But even then he never felt one hundred percent comfortable with his surroundings.
When they reached the elevator, Daniel pressed the button to open it and then walked inside. He looked Jonas over and shrugged seeing the corduroy khaki colored pants with a tight long sleeved navy blue top. When Jonas got on the elevator, he said, "You could pass for being in style." Although to himself, he noted that he would never wear anything like that. He rather have on a sweater or a dress shirt.
"If you say so." After a moment of silence, the elevator doors opened again, and they both walked out. "So, who's this friend of yours?"
"One that never passes up a dinner invitation." He raised his brows as he passed Kyna's office and then went into his own. Normally when she was in her office she left the door slightly ajar, but since it was closed he knew that she wasn't in there. Seeing that she was no longer where he left her he went over to the phone, "this will take a few minutes." He called the front gate and turned towards the wall. He wanted to see when she left.
Jonas was looking around the office; he noticed that there were many new artifacts from different dig sights on Earth. While Daniel went from being on the telephone to his cell phone, he carefully looked over one of the books. When Daniel got off of his cell phone for the second time, Jonas spoke up. "I see your collection has grown."
"Yeah... a friend of mine passed away and left me all of this." Daniel crossed his arms in front of his chest. He didn't really feel like talking about it. "Ready to go?"
Jonas could tell that his friend's death was still a sensitive topic, and chose not to go into it further. "Sure, I'm ready when you are."
Langara - Barron Yldeard's Office
Isleen crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I don't understand how you can be so careless sometimes. Inviting an alien among us on our home world is not only reckless, it's irresponsible." She narrowed her eyes at her father. She recalled what Jonas had said about some of the missions that he had been involved in, and knew that there were reasons for certain protocols.
"My dear, there is nothing to be worried about. He was just one representative, that's all." The Barron hated how his daughter always over reacted; she reminded him of her mother, rest her soul... Now his son, he was more like him! He saw an opportunity, and he took it. No questions asked unless losing money was involved.
Peadar Tully sat up. "I agree with Isleen. We have to be more careful. These Aschen are more technologically advanced then we are. They really have no business with a society like ours." His emerald green eyes stared straight into the Barron's light brown ones.
"They want something from us, that is clear enough." First Minister Dreylock crossed her arms in front of her chest. "But what do they want?" Her only guess was Naquadria. Although she had no idea what they might want it for since they were so much more advanced than they are.
Finn smiled and said with a cheerful voice, "Gate addresses, that's it. They know we have knowledge about other worlds and they want us to share it. That's all." He thought that this was great, they wouldn't have to rely on the shielding project to unite their world; the Aschen would do it for them. Besides that his inheritance would be intact and wouldn't be dwindled away to nothing.
"I personally don't see why you three are so pessimistic about this. Think of what they could give us for just one moment, and you will see how grand joining the Aschen Confederation will be." The Barron leaned back in his chair as he stroked his beard. He would be considered a hero. He could only imagine the amount of money that he was going to be making off this investment.
"It isn't our opinion that matters, Barron Yldeard. I'm sure when the next Joint Council meets they will be the ones to decide the fate of our world since they will be elected by the people." Dreylock raised a brow.
Peadar nodded in agreement. "If the Aschen do want us in their Confederation, then they won't mind waiting." He couldn't shake the feeling that there was just something wrong with the situation. His gaze left the Barron and shifted to the strawberry blond Isleen. He was very happy that she felt the same way he did.
"It is a reasonable request." The Barron nodded slowly as he eyed the three people who opposed him, one person from each government. Worst of all, his own daughter had allied herself with them as well. "When the Aschen representative returns, I will tell him just that." He folded his hands on top of his desk and looked down for a moment. He waited to see if anyone would say something. When they didn't, he looked up again he had one eyebrow raised. "I think we're done for today. Any objections?" After seeing none, he nodded. "Alright, you may go now."
Isleen and Peadar exchanged a look and then they both stood at the same time and left the office. They both wanted to discuss with each other what they thought the Aschen wanted from them.
First Minister Dreylock wanted to say more, but she didn't. She too got up and left.
"Finn, wait for a moment." When the Barron saw that there was no one in hearing range motioned his son closer to the side of his desk.
Finn was a bit surprised; normally his father didn't pay all that much attention to him. He tended to favor Isleen since she was the primary heir. "What is it, Father?"
"I have a request to make of you, Son." The Barron grinned, "I want you to run for the Joint Council. We'll get into the Aschen Confederation, and you will be the one to do it." He would play First Minister Dreylock's game because he felt that he couldn't lose.
Next to the doorway, First Minister Dreylock stood there as she lingered listening to what the Barron said to Finn.
Karaoke Bar
Kyna was sitting up front and to the side of the small Karaoke Bar. She was smiling and clapping her hands as she listened to Katrina.
Currently, Kat was standing up singing Madonna's "Like a Pray". Out of all the current singers, she had a voice similar to Madonna's and enjoyed singing her songs the most. When she was finished, she handed the microphone off to Kyna.
"Thank you." Kyna looked up at the screen as Mariah Carey's "Fantasy" started to play. She wasn't all that familiar with current music so she just let the machine pick a random song that she would sing along too as she read the words on the screen.
Though the side door Daniel and Jonas walked in, and waited to be seated. Jonas turned towards Daniel, "This singer isn't bad."
Daniel tilted his head, "I recognize the song." He smirked, "it actually sounds better then the original." He moved inside the bar as they waited to be seated. Upon seeing her he simply grinned, "I should have known." Jonas moved over to where Daniel was standing and started to grin as well. He hit Daniel on the shoulder, "That's who you wanted to have dinner with?" He rubbed his mouth to hide his smile.
Daniel shrugged, "surprise!" He started to make his way around the tables of engaged listeners towards the ladies' table.
When Kyna finished singing the last note she turned around to find Daniel and Jonas standing there. Her face lit up seeing Jonas. Quickly, she handed Katrina the microphone and then threw her arms around Jonas's neck.
Jonas kissed her temple.
"I've missed you." She softly whispered into his ear.
"I've missed you too, Sweetie." He closed his eyes for a few seconds as he breathed in the sent of her hair. He made a note to himself to find out what type of fragrance she used.
Kyna cupped the side of Jonas's face as she looked up into his eyes and smiled. She then turned towards Daniel. "How did you know we were here?"
Daniel stuffed his hands into his pockets, "oh well you weren't home, and since you don't drive I figured that you might be out with Dr. Viola. So, I called her cell."
"Ah." She turned towards Kat who was standing there smiling. "So that's who you were talking to before." Kyna shook her head.
"Do you want to go eat now?" Kat asked, as the next singer started their turn. She had already passed the microphone to the next person who was waiting to sing.
"Sure, I will just be right back." Kyna raised her brows. Quickly she made her way to the bathroom, it was down a side hall.
Jonas carefully looked her over as she disappeared down the hall. He turned towards Daniel and Kat, "where are we going to eat?" Meanwhile as Kyna was making her way towards the bathroom she passed the telephones. There were two men using the phones.
A tall heavyset man who had obviously had too much to drink, hung up his phone. He noticed the attractive young woman enter the lady's room and followed her in.
Thinking that Katrina had followed her to the bathroom, Kyna turned around with a smile on her face hearing the door open behind her. That smile was quickly replaced with a look of puzzlement. "Excuse me, sir, you're in the Ladies Room, the Men's Room is across the hall." The man crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Is that a fact?"
"Yes it is." She nodded, "Excuse me, I forgot my purse at my table." She didn't like the idea of being alone in the bathroom with a strange man that was looking at her like she was a piece of meet.
The man didn't move, "Baby, you don't have to play hard to get."
She shook her head and then started to push her way past him. She really wasn't feeling comfortable at all and didn't want to go to the bathroom with him standing there. Besides that the excuse about her purse hadn't worked. He was still standing in front of the door.
Even though he wasn't extremely lucid, he knew what he wanted. He pushed her against the wall, and took a handful of her hair to smell.
Kyna panicked an in less then a split second the man was thrown off her and into the opposite wall.
Five Minutes Later
When Kyna came back from the bathroom she appeared to be very upset. "We need to leave now."
Daniel's brows came together, "is everything all right?" "No, it's not." She picked up her coat and purse and headed outside.
Katrina quickly followed her out, while Daniel and Jonas exchanged looks before leaving as well.
Jonas quickly passed Katrina and walked next to Kyna as they reached the parking lot. "What's the matter?"
Kyna didn't answer him. She just continued walking towards Kat's car with her eyes staring straight ahead.
Jonas maneuvered himself in front of her, and then frowned when he saw that she had been crying. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "Whatever is wrong, we can handle it together, alright?"
"I just want to go home." Her lips trembled. She did not dare speak another word.
Katrina saw enough. She moved around towards the driver side of the car and unlocked the door.
"I'm going with you." Jonas looked over Kyna's shoulder at Daniel. Daniel nodded, and went to his car. What ever had happened, he knew that she was extremely upset; he didn't like that at all. Kyna's House
Once inside Kyna went directly towards the kitchen and opened one of the cabinets. She took out several large bars of chocolate and then went back into the living room where the others were. She sat down in the middle of the couch. This was going to be hard for her to talk about, but she knew that they deserved to know.
Daniel tilted his head, uh oh; this was series... she pulled out the chocolate. Ever since he gave her, her first piece he knew that she binged on it when ever she was feeling down. "What happened, Kyna?"
Katrina sat down on the couch next to her.
Jonas sat on the opposite side of Kyna. He started to rub her back.
"I hurt someone..." She stuffed a large piece of chocolate into her mouth.
Daniel's brows came together. "What do you mean?"
"He attacked me, I just reacted..." More chocolate went into her mouth.
"When you went into the ladies' room?" Kat asked. "Someone followed you in there?"
Kyna just nodded as she shuttered.
"You're alright, now. Everything is okay." Jonas wrapped his arm around her shoulder as he pulled her closer to his side.
"How did you hurt him?" Daniel crossed his arms in front of his chest as he stood several feet away.
Kyna looked at Kat and then back at Daniel. She whispered, "with my mind." "With your mind?" Daniel sounded confused.
Katrina winced, "you used your telekinetic abilities?"
Kyna nodded as she started the second bar of chocolate.
Daniel looked between the two women, "since when has she had telekinetic abilities?"
Jonas closed his eyes as he thought about the day he confronted. He remembered her 'slip,' and how powerful it had been.
"I've always had them; I've just never known how to use them properly." Kyna looked down as she spoke.
"This is my fault, if I hadn't pushed you to explore your abilities, this wouldn't have happened." Katrina sighed out of frustration.
Jonas shook his head, "don't be, who knows what might have happened to her if she didn't use them." He couldn't help but be angry by the thought of her getting hurt like that.
Kate tilted her head, "true." She wondered if she had superior human strength as well. However she would bet that Kyna had no idea how to channel it.
Daniel was worried about how she was emotionally reacting to this situation. He knew that she was sensitive, and prayed that she wouldn't let this bother her for too long. Another thing that he was starting to worry about is this incident leaking out. "What actually happened after he attacked you?"
"I threw him into the wall, breaking several vertebrae. He was unconscious with a concussion. I than healed him and erased the incident from his memory. When he wakes up he'll just think that he passed out in the Ladies' room." Kyna continued to look down at the chocolate in her lap. She was frightened by what she had done, and worst of all she was scared that the others would feel the same way about her.
"Was there anyone else in the bathroom at the time?" Daniel asked. He wanted to be sure that the incident was contained and that no one else would know about what happened.
"No, we were alone." Kyna took in a deep breath; "I don't want to talk about this anymore..." She couldn't help but sound a bit whiney.
"We don't have too, but you know that we're here for you, Sweetie. That is if you need to talk about it more." Jonas kissed her temple.
"Thank you..." Kyna leaned on Jonas. "Well, then I'll find something to make to eat." Katrina got up. She knew that going out to eat was out of the question now, and knew that they were all hungry. She was also aware of the fact that one-way to improving Kyna's mood was to feed her a good meal. It was the least she thought that she could do since she felt responsible for what happened.
Daniel nodded, "I'll help too." He thought that he should give Kyna and Jonas some time to be by themselves. He also hoped that a good meal would at least make her feel better. The only other thing that he was still concerned about was if he should report this or not.
The Next Day - The SGC
Jack was standing in front of the second elevator to travel down to the SGC when he saw Daniel, Jonas, Kyna and Katrina coming off the first elevator. He shook his head as he thought that it was odd that everyone arrived at the same time. He did a double take when he realized that Jonas should not have been arriving at the SGC. He lived on the base. "Hi guys, what's up?"
Kyna looked up at the ceiling not understanding exactly what he was asking.
"Oh, you must be wondering why we're all coming in at the same time." Daniel pushed his glasses up his nose.
"Yeah, you could say that." Jack had both of his brows raised as he looked at each of them in turn. He thought that it was strange that they were all so quite, and that it was even stranger that Daniel was still wearing the same street clothes that he had on yesterday.
"Well, it's a funny story actually." Daniel wasn't sure how much he should say. Luckily the elevator door opened and they all entered.
Jack waited for Daniel to continue and when he didn't, he turned towards Kate. "Dr. Viola, how was your night?"
"It was fine, Sir." She gave him a quick smile, and then turned back towards facing the front of the elevator. She then reached over and pressed the button that would bring her to the same floor as the infirmary.
Not being used to the awkward silence, Jack turned towards Jonas. "Happy to be back yet?"
Jonas nodded, "I am. I really consider myself to be quite lucky. I have two homes, with plenty of friends as well." He sincerely smiled.
Kyna looked up at him, "that's really a nice thing to say." The elevator door opened. Being semi-sarcastic Jack said in agreement, "It is, isn't it?"
Katrina smiled, "excuse me," she said in a polite manner as she moved pass Daniel, "thank you."
"No problem." Was his reply before the door had closed. Kat took a deep breath and let it out slowly once the elevator door had closed and they were no longer in sight.
Daniel then reached over and pressed the button for the floor that held their offices.
After another moment or so, the elevator door opened again and Daniel stepped out of it followed by Jonas.
When Kyna didn't join them, Jonas turned back towards her. "Are you coming?"
She shook her head as the door closed again.
Jack looked down at her, "something bothering you, Dior?"
"Yes there is... I need to talk to you about what happened last night." Kyna had stayed up most of the night thinking about what happened. She knew that she had put the others in a difficult position about whether or not they should report the incident. However, her main fear was move of a selfish nature. It was the idea that she would either be quarantined or forced to undergo another series of long drawn out tests. She couldn't help but shutter in Jack's presence.
Jack nodded, "alright we'll speak in my office."
A Half Hour Later - General O'Neill's Office
Jack sat there studying her for several moments. He did not say a single word as he thought over what she had said and about the way she had handled the situation.
Kyna was hoping that she had finally earned Jack's respect, but now she was not sure about that. "Please say something"
Jack tilted his head and said in a rather drawn out slow voice, "you have potential."
"Potential? Aren't you upset or angry?" She was completely confused.
Jack shook his head. "No, I'm not. And I'm going to tell you why. You stood up for yourself, even if you did panic, you defended yourself against an adversary that appeared to have the upper hand. If you learn how to channel your abilities you can stop being afraid of them and then take control of the situation." He rubbed his chin as he thought that she was too much of a mouse to ever be a series threat to the SGC. No, it was time that they stopped treating her as an outsider, but as a real part of the team. "If you want, you can continue to work on advancing your abilities. At the same time, I'm going to ask Teal'c to teach you some self-defense. This way you won't have to use them if you don't have to." "Really? You want me to learn self defense and work on my abilities... what's the catch?" She sounded skeptical.
Jack hesitated for a moment. "No catch," he tilted his head again. "I just want to see you smile."
"I don't believe you." She narrowed her eyes for a split second. "I'm not a weapon, remember that." She stood and crossed her arms.
"I know, I know..." Jack stood as well, and walked around the side of his desk to stand within arm's length of her. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "You're a person, just like everyone else, and deserve to be respected." He started to walk her towards the door.
She just continued to stare at him as if he had three heads. "Are you feeling well?" "Yes, and if I wasn't, you would be the first one I would let know." Jack opened the door, and then gently pushed her though the doorway as she walked out. "No tests?" She was still baffled.
"No tests." He gave her a genuine smile. "Why don't you get something to eat and then work on those languages? The international committee will be interested in knowing what you can accomplish once you've made up your mind."
As the door closed she continued to peer into the office at Jack. She wondered if it was something that he ate that could have changed his attitude towards her so suddenly.
Dr. Jackson's Office - Five Minutes Later
Daniel was standing at his desk gathering his things into a brief case. He looked up when he noticed Kyna enter. "Hey, you okay?"
"Yeah, sure, I'm just dandy." She was still looking baffled. "Jack was okay with what happened. He even said that he thought that I should continue working on my abilities. Plus he wants me to learn self defense..."
"Is that a bad thing?" Daniel sounded doubtful. "I honestly don't know." She said as she sat on an empty spot on his desk.
"We'll just have to see then, won't we?" Daniel smiled at her, and then placed a hand on her shoulder. "Stop worrying about everything." He then picked up his bags. "Besides it tends to take a while for Jack to warm up to anyone. Maybe he's finally realized that you're not a threat."
Kyna gave him a shrug and a weak smile back. "Let me take one of those, I'll walk you to the Gate."
A Half Hour Later - Langara
Finn received Daniel at the Langaran Stargate. He was dressed in traditional Tiranian clothing that reflected his wealth and status. He felt that escorting Daniel was benieth him, but he did remind himself that being an ambassador to guests from other worlds was his responsibility.
They walked down the many different halls towards the SBO Project Shielding Coordination Room.
Finn stopped, and then ran his fingers though his strawberry blond hair. "Dr. Jackson, we have arranged office space for you, it's located down the hall from the Coordination Room. Would you like to put your bags down?" Daniel shrugged. "Alright." He really wasn't expecting to have an office here. He was just basically over seeing SG7 while they were on the base. However, he thought that it was a nice gesture.
Finn escorted Daniel to the office, and then unlocked the door. He handed Daniel the key. "It's not big, but it's the best that we can do." He pressed his lips together and smiled.
Daniel looked inside the room. It wasn't very large, just basically twelve feet by twelve feet. There was a desk, along the far wall, and several selves for him to use if he so choose to do so. "Thank you, I think I can find my way from here."
Finn bowed his head, "if there is anything else that you need, just let me know."
"I'll do that." Daniel nodded, and then watched the young man leave. He took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. After a few moments of unpacking several different folders and books, he left the office and locked the door. Half way down the hall he turned around when he realized that he had forgotten to take one of his bags from Kyna before he went though the Gate. After quickly thinking it over, he turned around he started to retrace his footsteps back towards the Gate. However when Daniel Jackson entered the stairwell, that lead to the Gate Room, he ran into someone who he never thought that he would see there.
"Sam!" Daniel exclaimed. "I thought that you we're working at Area 51." Daniel titled his head as he noticed that she was in full Air force dress uniform. He couldn't remember the last time they had a decent conversation outside of work.
"Oh, I am. However I was called into a meeting with General O'Neill." She handed Daniel his bag. "I ran into Jonas. He told me that you were going to be staying on Langara for a few days." She smiled; she was glad that Jonas was back, even though she would never say so to Daniel. She was aware of how touchy he got whenever they mentioned anything that happened while he was ascended. "I figured that I would go to the Gate Room and see you off, but apparently I just missed you. They were in the process of dialing the gate again when Kyna told me that you had left without this." She shrugged, "She wasn't sure if you had anything important in there, so I offered to bring it here to you."
"Wow, thanks, Sam. Is everything else going alright?" He swung the bag onto his shoulder. Even though he knew that this wasn't the best place to catch up, he thought that it would be at least nice to ask.
Sam shrugged, "I'm just keeping busy. How about you?"
"Me too, however I have to go under review before I'm approved to go to Atlantis by the international committee." He stuck his hands in his pockets.
"Sounds like fun." Sam raised her brows. She then pointed over her shoulder. "I have to get back. It was nice seeing you Daniel." She smiled. "Nice seeing you too." Daniel smiled as well as he watched her retreat down the stairs. "Hey Sam!"
She turned to look at him, "Yes Daniel?"
"Don't be a stranger!" He called.
Sam just shook her head, and then headed though the doors at the bottom of the stairs.
Daniel took in a deep breath and then released it. He turned back up the stairs and though the doorway which he had come though before. He walked down several hallways and stopped when he noticed that his shoelace was untied. He bent down and started to fix the laces when he heard footsteps from several feet away in an adjacent hallway.
"...they aren't as ignorant as we first believed." The voice was male, and sounded very dry.
"No matter, we have time. Let them vote on it. If anything we can always use our backup plan." The voice sounded equally boring as the first.
"Understood." He continued to walk as he rounded the corner and tripped over Daniel. He fell hard onto the ground and quickly turned to see a stunned man staring at him. It took only a moment, but he recognized him. "Dr. Jackson? From Earth?" Daniel was just as stunned. He was barely able to get out the name, "Borren?" His vision became blurred, and he fell forward face first onto the ground.
Molum pulled a small device out of Daniel's neck. He looked over his shoulder at the two Aschen men that were in their company. "Help him back to our quarters. He has committed crimes against the Aschen Confederation and will be dealt with accordingly."
A Hour Later- Coordination Room
The team leader for SG-7 checked his watch. He thought that it was strange that Dr. Jackson had no joined them on time. He shook his head, and then turned back to the Kelownan scientist that he was going over plans with. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right. After excusing himself, he moved over to one of the corners and picked up his radio. "Dr. Jackson, please come in. Dr. Jackson?" He shook his head and then started towards the door. "Caption Terri, I'll be back in several moments."
The Caption nodded, "Yes, Sir."
The team leader started out of the door and down the hall. He stopped short as First Minister Dreylock appeared around a corner. "Ah, Major Best, have you seen Dr. Jackson, he's not in his office."
"No, Ma'am. I was on my way to the Gate Room to dial Earth to see if he has been delayed." He stood at attention while addressing her.
Dreylock tilted her head. "That's odd, I thought that he was scheduled to come back here over an hour ago." She couldn't help but have a bad feeling.
"He was Ma'am." He lifted his chin about an inch. "Dr. Jackson never reported in."
Dreylock shifted her stance in a low voice she said, "I am free for the moment, I shall have several of my personal body guard go though the base and search for him. Perhaps he took a wrong turn and is now lost. All of these halls do look rather similar." She displaced a thin smile. Her hopes were that this was what had happened. Although given Dr. Jackson's history, he was likely occupied with some function of the base that he might approve of. "Meanwhile, I shall dial Earth to check to make sure he did arrive on time." She wanted to maintain a good relationship with Earth and making sure that their personal was all accounted for was a good way of doing that.
Major Best narrowed his eyes as the words she said reached his ears. "Ma'am, is everything alright." Sending out her personal guard, raised red flags in his head. Besides that she was willing to do everything herself. It just didn't seem right.
"At the moment, I believe so." She pivoted, "I'll keep you posted." Dreylock walked down the hall and out of Major Best's sight.
Aschen Quarters
Finn burst though the doors, looking for Molum. He has just come from a meeting with his father when he was told that the Aschen had returned, and that his father told them that his hands were tied at the moment.
Borren was there instead. "Can I help you?" He asked. Even though Borren wanted to, he would not ask this man to leave just yet. He was after all the leader of this facility's son, and doing so would not help their current situation.
"Yes, I was just looking for Molum. I wanted to explain the situation better to him. I know my father tends to leave vital information out of his speeches." Finn folded his hands in front of his waist. He wanted them to know that he was completely competent, and that he was on their side.
Molum exited the bedroom. "You wish to speak to me." He didn't look pleased, nor did he look annoyed.
"Yes, I did. I would like you to know that the command of this base is in full support of joining the Aschen Confederation. We see this as the best future for all of our people, it is the best way to unit us." Besides that, he thought that it wouldn't cost him as much to go about uniting his people this way. "We were informed that not all representatives of your world are in agreement." Molum didn't need to include the fact that no one nation was more powerful than the other.
Molum and Borren exchanged looks. Molum tilted his head. "What are willing to sacrifice in order to gain entrance into the Aschen Confederation."
Without thinking, Finn replied, "Anything, joining the Aschen Confederation would be an honor."
"We have apprehended a known enemy of the Aschen, and require the ability to bring them back to our home world for trail." Molum's face showed no emotion.
"What? How? Who?" Finn didn't want to know, he just shook his head.. "Never mind. Just tell me what this person is guilty of."
"Treason. It resulted in the death of many of our people." Molum still did not show any emotion on his face.
"I see." Finn made a hasty decision. "I will make sure this level and the one that harbors the gate is closed down while you do what you need to do." He turned and left the room.
Meanwhile - SGC - Kyna Dior' Office
Kyna was busy drawing up blue prints on her recently purchased Auto Cad program in her office. She enjoyed drawing the blue prints by hand more than she did using the computer. However, it was encouraged to do them on the computer so that multiple copies of blue prints could be printed out for use elsewhere. Presently she was working on prints for a ZPM. It was a nice break from learning different languages.
Sam popped her head into the office. "Hey, how's it going?" She gave her a pleasant smile.
Kyna minimized the screen that she was working on. The computers were set up on a central table in the room. She had the screens facing the back wall, so that she could watch the door. They were also out of view of the different surveillance cameras that were in the room. She stood and walked around the table. With a shrug she said, "it's alright."
Sam could tell that her spirits weren't very high, "Just all right?"
"Yeah." She sat down on one of the chairs that were in front of the desk that was against the sidewall. "How's everything going with the Daedalus?"
"Good, it's scheduled to leave in a few days." She pressed her lips together. "I heard that your going to be meeting with the International Committee." Kyna nodded slowly. "Yeah... we're still not sure who leaked out my existence to them. They've requested all the records of my testing, and all of the footage of my interviews," she pointed to the camera that was over the door. "I'm under constant supervision while I'm here..." She shuttered, "I feel like a mouse in a cage." She shook her head, "I'm surprised that my home life isn't taped as well."
"You're a novelty to them. Once they've studied all they can, you will fade from their minds and they will go back to focusing on what technology they can get out of Atlantis." Sam didn't like saying that, but she knew that it was true. "And you know, I'm surprised that the NID hasn't requested that you be transferred into their care."
"They already tried to. They think that I'm a flight liability due to the proximity of the Gate. Fortunately General Hammond, Jack, and Paul were able to convince the President to let me stay here." She at least had to give Sam a weak smile concerning that. Kyna couldn't help but still have a feeling of worry. She didn't voice her concerns to Daniel, because he was dealing with too much right now. She wouldn't bother Jack with them, and Jonas just arrived last night. They only had a few moments alone when Daniel and Kate were fixing dinner. It was her hope that Sam may have some answers that she was looking for, so she didn't think it would hurt to ask. "How do I know that the International Committee won't just want to lock me up and run tests on me?" Kyna looked very worried. She knew that if it came down to that, she would have to run. She couldn't spend the rest of her very long life locked up being studied. The only thing that she would regret would be hurting those that have treated her well during the time that she had spent at the SGC. She prayed that they would understand, but at the same time she wondered if she was just being a coward and should do what ever they wanted.
Sam shook her head, "I don't think that it will come down to that." Although she wasn't certain. She recalled how her government wanted to study Teal'c when he came to the SGC, and then wondered if it would be the same with Kyna.
"How can you be sure?" She was looking down at her shoes. Kyna could sense Sam's doubt, even though she tried not to. Since she had started to activate her dormate ablities, she was finding it harder and harder not to sence the emotions of those around her.
Sam moved into the office, and crouched down next to her. "It won't come down to that." She raised her brows. If they were able to let the Tollan go, then she was sure that they would be able to find some way of smuggling Kyna off of Earth.
Kyna nodded slowly, she then whispered, "Thank you."
"Don't mention it." Sam stood, "I have to get back to my meeting." She wished that she could talk to her longer, but knew that Jack would be off the phone by now.
"Okay. I'll talk to you later." Kyna managed to smile. She had a feeling that Sam meant what she said, even though she did have doubts about wether or not the International Committee would respect her as a person or not.
Sam pressed her lips together to form one of her thin smiles that she gave people when she was feeling uncomfortable. She turned and left the offices to head back towards Jack's office.
Leading down the hall the opposite direction, Jonas was standing next to the doorway. He had over heard a good portion of the conversation, and frowned. He wasn't sure what Sam was up to, but he knew that if she couldn't protect Kyna, then he would.
Jonas plastered a smile on his face and entered Kyna's office. "Hey there, how about going for an early lunch?"
Kyna stood, and stretched. "Sounds great." She existed the office and proceeded to the Mess Hall with him.
Langara
First Minister Dreylock was on her way to the Gate Room to dial Earth. She already sent out her personal guard to look for Dr. Jackson. They were ordered to start from the upper level of the base and than work their way down to the Gate Room. She hoped that they would have found him before she dialed Earth, but realistically she didn't think that they would.
She turned to enter the stairwell when she was stopped by two Tiranian Guards. She tilted her head and crossed her arms in front of her chest as she eyed them suspiciously. "Is everything alright?"
Without showing any emotion or moving anything other than his mouth the guard to her right said, "Yes Ma'am. We are running a pathogen containment simulation from this floor down."
The other solider spoke up, "There is nothing to be worried about Ma'am."
"I don't remember being informed about this simulation. It wasn't on today's schedule." She was annoyed that the Barron would allow a simulation to take place without forming her. When he had taken the position of being in charge of this facility, he was told to keep her informed about everything. Apparently he wasn't holding up to his side of the of the agreement.
"Containment situations could happen at any time Ma'am. It's best to keep them spontaneous." The Tiranian guard didn't think that the Kelownan woman was all to bright, hence why he spelt it out for her. However he didn't allow his thought so to be read on his facial features.
"I see." She said with a slightly annoyed tone to her voice. Dreylock made a note to herself to be sure to discuss spontaneous simulations over with the Barron later that day. She felt that the men didn't have to know about them ahead of time, but she should. At least this way she wouldn't feel put out if she made a special trip to the LSBO and was not able to gain access. "How long should this simulation take?"
"We're not sure Ma'am. These things are unpredictable." The other guard informed her.
Dreylock nodded slowly, "Thank you for your time gentleman. Keep up the good work." She turned and left. Perhaps it would be best to inform the Barron of Dr. Jackson's disappearance. She doubted that he would really care one way or another as long as he was making a profit from exploiting the resources that they were going to harvest from uninhabited planets.
Meanwhile - Aschen Quarters
The two Aschen that had dragged Daniel into their quarters earlier, were now placing him in a chest to carry him out. They felt that they would rather carry him back to their home world this way then drag him to the gate.
Molum also felt that this way was better because he didn't trust Finn. The young man appeared to be too anxious to join the confederation. He pondered his true agenda.
Borren entered the room. "Everything is set, the Langaran was able to empty the hall and the Gate Room. We should not have any problems."
Molum nodded and the two other Aschen picked up the chest. They then headed out of their quarters and towards the Gate Room.
Within several moments the Aschen were at the Gate. They dialed their home world and walked though the Event Horizon with Daniel as their prisoner.
SGC Mess Hall
Jonas twisted his lips as he ate his sandwich. "You're awfully quite today." He was not enjoying the awkward silence. They had been sitting at the table for about ten minutes, and Kyna had not said a word.
Kyna was staring down at her food, she was poking at it. Not knowing why she didn't feel like talking, she just shrugged. "And you've barely touched your food. Which I might add is unusual for you since... well... you know..." Jonas sounded disappointed. He knew that something was wrong, but at the same time he just wanted to spend time with her. A voice of insecurity in the back of his mind wondered if she wasn't happy to have him around.
Kyna shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I'm just feeling.... I don't know what I'm feeling... I don't think I've ever felt quite like this before." She kept her eyes locked on her mash potatoes. "This needs more salt, can you pass it to me?" Jonas raised his brows, "Worries, frightened, scared...?" He tried to list as many emotions as he could think of as he reached over to give her the salt, but before he could touch it, it slid across the table and gently tapped her knuckles.
Kyna was listening to him, but she still hadn't raised her eyes. When the salt touched her knuckles she just said, "Thank you." She took it in her hand and then started to sprinkle some of its contents on her potatoes. "No, I don't think it's any of those; I've felt them all before."
Jonas raised his brows seeing that she didn't even notice that she did that. "When did this feeling start to occur."
"Yesterday..." She continued to poke at her food.
"Ah, I think I know what's been bothering you." He couldn't help but smirk. "You're embarrassed."
"No I'm not..." She shook her head even though she wasn't entirely sure what that meant.
"Yes you are. That's why you haven't looked at me once since we sat down." He stretched his hand across the table and tilted her chin up.
She tried to look down, but she didn't want to pushed Jonas's hand away. Instead her cheeks became a flamed.
Jonas sat back in his chair and then crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I'm right." He smiled.
Kyna pressed her lips tightly together as she took in a deep breath and let it out with an irritated sound emerging from her throat. Though a locked jaw, "I really don't like this feeling."
"I know, I don't like it when I feel that way either. It happens ever so often when we do things that we rather not let other know about. The feeling fades with time, however sometimes it becomes a constant reminder to us to not repeat certain mistakes. It's also safe to say that some people consider certain things to be embarrassing while other people don't. I guess you have to know the person in order to know when you should and shouldn't be embarrassed." He started to talk with his hands, "the important thing, Kyna, is to not let it cloud your judgement." Kyna tilted her head back and forth. She kept the same stressed look on her face, "So, Jonas when have you been embarrassed?"
Jonas was finding this all pretty amusing. He liked how she tried not to show her emotions, but they were written all over her face. He wouldn't be surprised if she felt like hitting him. "Let's see..." He searched his mind for an amusing story that he no longer felt embarrassed about. "When I was about seven years old. I was outside playing with the other children that lived on the military base. It had been raining all morning long, so there were puddles everywhere." He continued to talk with his hands. "There were some wet leaves on the ground, and when I ran to join the other children, I slipped and fell into a puddle. My shorts were all wet. When I joined the other children, they pointed at me and said I went in my pants. I ran all the way home. My mother was there on her lunch break. She saw that I had been crying and then talked to me about it. I felt a bit better, but I was afraid that my father would find out. I tried to get my mother to promise not to tell him, but being a young kid I didn't realize that she never promised me a thing, but only sifted the subject to another topic."
Kyna had started to eat while he was talking, she whipped her lips with her napkin, and asked. "What happen? Did your father find out?" Jonas shrugged, "I don't know. He never brought it up, but a few days later as we were eating dinner, he did start to talk to me about standing up for myself. Eventually after a while he told me that the most important thing is to always remember to do the right thing. Now, I'm not sure if they are connected at all, but I wouldn't doubt it if they were." He shrugged his shoulders.
"Does it still bother you?" Kyna's brows had come together as she ate.
Jonas shook his head, "Nah, I find it to be quite funny now. The whole, wet pants thing that is. The conversations with my parents, changed me. Before that I would have laughed with the other children if it had happened to anyone else. After that I thought twice when things like that happened, and didn't find it funny. Of course I lost a lot of friends in the process, but I gained some as well."
"I'm sure those are the ones that were worth keeping." She smiled feeling better about herself, and she liked knowing as much as possible about Jonas. Each time he told her a story, she felt more and more human by vicariously living that moment though him. "They sure are." Jonas smirked, "I wouldn't be here otherwise."
Kyna nodded, "Ah, I remember that story well. I didn't understand how you felt at the time, now I think I do."
Jonas tilted his head, "Good."
"Yeah, I think so." She shook her head, "What a strange race we are."
A Hour Later - Hallway
Katrina found Jonas and Kyna walking and talking together as they made their way back to their offices. Kyna started to laugh at something Jonas said. They were out of hearing range, so Kate was not able to hear them. She stopped and waited for them to come up to her. "...really? What happened next?" Kyna's eyes were wide as she listened to his story.
"Well..." Jonas was about to say something more when he noticed Kat standing there. "Dr. Viola." He gave her a nod.
"Oh, you don't have to call me that. Well, you do when we're around the military personal, but when it's all of us, meaning us three, are talking it's not necessary." She held her hands behind her back.
Jonas shoved his hands in his pockets, "Sounds fair enough." Kyna smirked and looked up at Jonas, in a teasing manner she added in. "I get to call everyone by their first name when ever I want. It doesn't matter who's around." She started to giggle, when she saw the looks on their faces. "I'm only jesting, there are still some that don't know... well... you know." She started to look slightly uncomfortable. Kat had the upmost serious look on her face when Kyna said that. She couldn't believe her ears, she rarely ever made a joke around other people, but then again she was aware of her feelings for Jonas. After blinking several times and recovering from shock she smiled. "Damn protocol to hell, that's what I always say." She made a face and then looked both directions to make sure no one heard her.
Kyna smiled, "So, where are you off too?" Kate paused and then took off her glasses. Her facial expression tensed a bit. "I was actually looking for you."
Kyna nodded slowly, "tests?"
Katrina was quick to speak. "These are different! I used the technical information and suggestions you gave me and have developed a brain scanning device with Dr. Lee. He has no idea why I wanted to make a brain scanner, I told him some tall tale about wanting to save the SGC money because MRIs are extremely expensive or some Balgonie like that. He even started to question me further when General O'Neill popped in, perfect timing, you know, isn't that funny? Anyway he made it an order."
Katrina's discomfort was apparent to Kyna and Jonas. After putting on a brave face, Kyna shrugged, "When do we begin?" Kat's feelings meant more to her then her own discomfort. She would appease her friend for now. True she might complain a lot about it in the process. Getting lollipops was always a plus, but at the same time it did give her an excuse to not have to learn a language or work on AutoCAD. In fact Kyna was surprised by the fact that they didn't realize that they would have much more basic medical and environmental technologies at their disposal if they didn't continuously bother her about tests. On the other hand she didn't like the idea that the international committee would likely get their hands on the results of what ever scans Kate did. There was now a slight hope that they would be discouraged to test her further if they saw that her results told them everything that they needed to know. Kat's eyes widened, "Right now if you like!" She felt relieved that Kyna wasn't going to fight her on this. She wondered what Jonas told her to make her be so complacent. Perhaps that wasn't the right word for it, she merely just shook her head as her thoughts focused on what they were going to do first. "I'm going to go get the equipment ready." She started to walk away, but then turned back towards her. "Oh, we're working in Isolation Room Two." She smiled and then speed walked towards the elevator.
Jonas turned back towards Kyna, "are you actually okay with this?"
Kyna shook her head showing a negative response, "But if you're there with me, I'll be okay." She just prayed that she didn't hurt anyone in the process, especially Jonas. Before she could retract what she said, Jonas spoke up.
As he spoke he took her hand into his, "Nothing could ever stop me from being there for you."
Isolation Room Two - Fifteen Minutes Later
Kyna and Jonas walked into the Isolation Room to find the room transformed into a living room setting. Katrina was unloading several geraniums out of a box. They were all at different stages of development. She started to place them in random spots in the room, but then when she turned to put one by the door she jumped seeing that they were both standing there watching her. "Gosh, you're both are so quite!" She gripped her heart. Kat was concentrating on what to do, and what not to do, along with making the room as comfortable for Kyna as possible.
Jonas winced, "sorry to startle you." He thought that her behavior had been quite strange since they bumped into her fifteen minutes ago.
"It's my own fault." Katrina shrugged. She couldn't help but have a range of emotions concerning what they were about to do.
Jonas crossed his arms in front of his chest. "So, what's all of this?"
Kyna started to walk around the room. Her eyes searched for one thing in particular, a bed. If she found a bed, she knew that they were planing on keeping her in there. As soon as she was sure that there weren't any hidden anywhere, her attention went back to what Jonas and Katrina were talking about.
Katrina clasped her hands together in front of her, "well, after Kyna talked to General O'Neill this morning, he called me into his office. He is aware of our friendship, and felt that I would be the best person to help you develop your powers."
"It was Dr. Viola's idea to set this room up like this!" Jack spoke into the microphone from behind the glass in the Observation Room. Jack grinned as he stuck his hands in his pockets. "She thought that you would feel more comfortable working in a more homy environment."
Kyna put on the best smile that she could, "That was very thoughtful of you." She continued looking around the room. Right now she wasn't really sure what to make all of this. Kyna then shifted her eyes toward the door. "No guards?"
"What, you don't think that we trust you. Dior, I'm hurt." Jack spoke into the microphone. He said it in a sarcastic manner. His trust for her had grown, and he had concluded that if she really wanted to harm them she would have a long time ago. "Although I think I would feel better if Jonas was up here, you know, just in case something goes wrong."
Jonas looked at Jack and then back at Katrina. "Are you expecting something to go wrong?"
"Oh no, we just want to give her room to work without anyone getting in the way." Katrina continued to look nervous. She never intended to bring their experiments to the SGC, in fact the whole reason why she started doing them with Kyna at her home was to help her learn more about herself. That, and she was an enigma to her. Kyna was also her only friend, at least that's what she thought. Katrina moved around too much as a child to ever really make any friends. That's why she didn't know how to treat her.
"You want me to be in here by myself and do what?" Kyna was starting to feel a bit uneasy. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"Whatever you want." Jack checked his watch. "I'm sorry to rush things but we really need to get started." Jack wanted to be presented as much as possible.
Katrina looked up at Jack. "I would like to, Sir, but we're waiting for . . . " Through the isolation room door, Sam walked in caring a case.
"Hey, sorry for taking so long, I just wanted to check this equipment before we allow you to wear it." Sam pressed her lips together to give them a small smile. She looked at each of them in turn. Jack had invited her to check over Dr. Lee and Dr. Viola's work. "Perfect timing Sam." Jonas stated the obvious as he watched her place the case that she was caring on the table. "Thanks Jonas . . . " Sam opened it up to reveal several small devices.
Katrina pulled out a chair from the table, and motioned for Kyna to sit. She moved over to one of the smaller tables and opened a draw that contained several hair brushes and hair ties.
Kyna sat down in the chair, and then she looked at Katrina, "What is you doing?"
Katrina placed her hands on Kyna's head and shifted it forward, "Please look straight, I haven't done this in a long time." She tried to pull out the hair tie that bound Kyna's hair up as gently as possible. She thought to herself about how long ago it had been since her mother used to let her style her hair. She knew that she wasn't very good at it, but at the same time she knew that she at least had some experience with it. Sam had barely any, so it had been decided that she would do it. "There are certain points on the back of your head that we need to attach the brain scanning devices to make sure that we get a proper reading, while at the same time they are completely wireless."
While Katrina parted and tied up certain pieces of Kyna's hair, Sam took out the devices for her temples. "This may hurt for a split second." They were about the same size as the Tok'ra Memory Devices, but instead of being circular they were rectangular.
Kyna held back her winces as much as she could as Sam placed the devices in her temples, followed by two on her forehead.
Katrina was able to part and put up her hair easily since it was extremely easy to manage. Once she had tied each piece up in a bun, she placed the devices on the back of her scalp. "There we go. How's does that feel?"
"Better then having an MRI." Kyna stood, and then she looked at Jack. "What do you want me to work on first?"
"How about moving things around the room," Jack suggested.
Kyna nodded slowly.
Sam started to slowly back out of the room, "We're going to go up there now." She pointed to the Observation Room, before taking hold the back of Jonas's shirt to pull him along.
"Kyna, do you want me to stay?" Jonas's brows came together as he looked at her. He could tell that she wasn't feeling comfortable.
"Go with Sam. I wouldn't want to hurt you. Besides you'll only be a few feet away." Kyna gave him a weak smile.
Before they could leave the room, and before Katrina could give Kyna some advice the Off World Activation alarm went off.
Over the intercom, Walter's voice could be heard, "General O'Neill please reports to the Gate Room."
Jack pressed his lips together, and then shifted his weight in the chair to speak into the microphone. "Continue on, I'm going to go see what this is about." He got up and then left the room. As he walked along the halls toward the elevator, he nodded to his men and women and randomly told individuals that they were doing a good job. Within in several moments Jack finally made his way into the Gate Room. He blinked several times seeing First Minister Dreylock standing there. "First Minister, what can we do for you?"
Dreylock folded her hands in front of her to keep them from fidgeting. She felt nervous about being there without anyone knowing about it, but she felt that this was the right course of action. "Actually, I have some troubling news."
Location Unknown
White... bright... oh so bright...Daniel squinted his eyes as the bright white lights blinded his vision. He felt disorientated, and confused. At first he thought that he was in his own bed at home, but then again, his own bed wasn't as hard as the one he was on right now. In fact his bed at the SGC wasn't as hard as this one.
His eyes fluttered open as he squinted once more, but he was forced to close his eyes again. What had happened, where was he, and why did his muscles feel so stiff? He couldn't remember over doing it at the gym, but he was sore, why?
Daniel tried to shift his position, but that was proving to be difficult. He didn't remember drinking anything, but then again he could have gotten zatted. "Welcome back to the land of the living!"
Daniel's brows came together, he knew that voice... Oh no, it couldn't be her... With a grown he lifted his head in the direction where he heard the sound of her voice. "You got to be kidding me..." He moaned.
Vala turned towards Joseph Faxon, "I don't think he's happy to see me."
Joseph shrugged. He stood, and walked over to Daniel who was lying in the middle of the floor. "Dr. Jackson, can you hear me?" He placed a hand on his shoulder.
Daniel moaned again, "I think so, but I have no idea why." Daniel opened his eyes again, and looked up at the man that was speaking to him. He knew that he had heard his voice before, but he was having a problem placing it. Worst yet, he could see the man, but his image was blurry. All he could make out was that he had brown hair and eyes. "Where am I?"
"The Aschen Home World." Joseph unfolded Daniel's glasses and placed them on his face. "Is that better?"
"Yes, thank you." Daniel's mind started to clear a bit. He now had enough strength to sit up, but when he did that he saw her. "Ugh... no..."
Vala pushed off the wall, her arms were folded across her chest. "Nice to see you too, Daniel." She rolled her eyes as she circled the medium sized room. The walls were a hideous shade of pale gray, the floor was a hideous shade of dark grey, and of course the ceiling was also a hideous shade of light grey. The whole room made her gag, but since there was no where else to go right now, she just flopped herself on one of the three mats that was on the floor.
Daniel shook his head a few times, "Alright, I'm starting to remember... I was on Langara, and was heading towards the Coordination Room, when I stopped to tie my shoe. That's when someone tripped over me... Oh no..." He turned towards Joseph, "I'm on the Aschen Home World?"
"I believe I said that." Joseph tilted his head as he watched as Daniel gathered his wits.
"Yes, we're in prison. P - R - I - S - O - N, prison." Vala raised her eye brows. She couldn't believe that her Daniel was this thick. Daniel turned towards her, "How did you... never mind, and just shut up for a moment." He noticed that she was wearing something that looked like red scrubs.
Vala blinked rapidly, she didn't think that she deserved that. Then again, Daniel was a bit temperamental. At least that was her opinion, however she did find it endearing in a strange and twisted way.
He turned towards the man, and he too looked like he was wearing red scrubs. After blinking several times, he finally recognized him, "Ambassador?"
"That's correct." Joseph smiled, finally a familiar face.
"You've been here four years." Daniel blinked, he couldn't believe that they kept him alive.
"Yeah, what can I say... I know you guys have a never leave a man behind policy, but this..." He shook his head, "This has to be the strangest rescue I've ever seen."
Daniel slightly winced, "It's not a rescue." He pressed his lips together, "sorry."
"Oh..." Joseph couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. He always felt that there was little hope of ever being rescued, but since he saw Dr. Jackson, his disposition began to change.
"How extremely disappointing." Vala pressed her lips together. She too had thought that with the arrival of Daniel, there would be some sort of rescue that she could join in on.
Daniel thought for a moment, "The thing that I don't understand is, why were the Aschen on Langara?"
Joseph thought about it for a moment, "From what I can gather, it's likely that the gate address that we gave them had something to do with it."
"What do you mean? The addresses we gave them were to really really bad places." Daniel frowned. He couldn't imagine the Aschen having been too pleased about dialing up a black hole.
"I don't claim to have half the intelligence as Major Carter..."
Daniel cut him off, "She's a Lieutenant Colonel now."
Joseph blinked as he was cut off, he registered the adjustment in his mind, "Lt. Col. Carter, but I would think that just giving them the ability to lock onto another world other than the ones that they were able to go to, gave them enough data to make the adjustments to their computers. After that they must have just picked and chosen where they wanted to go."
Daniel shrugged, "I suppose it's possible."
"Are these Langarans allies of yours?" Vala asked, she wanted to paint a clear picture of what happened in her mind.
With a hit of annoyance, Daniel replied, "yes, I wouldn't have been on their world otherwise."
"If they were your allies, then why didn't you give them a list of the people who you considered to be your enemies?" Vala smirked.
Daniel paused as he thought about it. He was afraid to admit that she did have a point there, but instead of letting her know that she was right, he merely remained silent. After a moment, Daniel turned toward her, "how long have you been here?" He felt that he should at least ask even though he rather not.
"I've been here about... oh... a week?" She looked at Joseph. "That's about right." He shrugged. Time had little relevance in this place. As far as he was concerned, he rather it went by fast, but instead the days dragged on and on. The two of them ran out of things to say to each other about two days ago.
"Now that I know how long you've been here, why are you here?" Daniel felt that he might as well get her story now, while he worked his way to his feet, rather than later when he would start to come up with a plan to escape.
"Believe it or not, I had a friend that was dying from cancer. I heard of this miracle cure, and went to go buy it from one of my contacts. But before I was going to give to my friend, I had another one of my contacts run some tests on it. Unfortunately, when I went to inform my supplier about what I found, the Aschen found out that he was selling it to me, and stopped me from telling him about it." She crossed her legs under her as she leaned against the wall. Daniel raised his brows and thought about what she said. He wondered how much of what she said was true. Most likely about a tenth of it. From what he gathered, she stole the cure, and the person who was going to buy it found out what it actually did. Although he wasn't sure how she got caught. "I don't suppose you know a way out of here?"
She shook her head, "They use hand print identification, iris scans, and voice activation to open the doors."
Daniel finally finish making his way to his feet. He looked down and rolled his eyes as he noticed that he too was wearing the red scrubs. After regaining some motion in his legs, he began to circle the cell to inspect it for possible weaknesses.
"Dr. Jackson, I've been here since 2001, there is no way out except though that door." Joseph pointed toward it..
Borren appeared at the door. He looked in to and saw that Dr. Jackson was now moving about, then he opened the door. He was wearing the typic Aschen attire of a grey suit, with a slight turtle neck. "Dr. Jackson, please follow me." He disappeared from the doorway.
Daniel looked at Joseph before leaving the cell.
SGC - Gate Room
"What do you mean by troubling news?" Jack placed his hands on his hips as he stared at First Minister Dreylock.
She noticed the guards that were standing at their posts, and suddenly felt uncomfortable talking about this in front of them. "I would rather discuss this in private."
Jack's brows came together, "that bad, huh?"
Dreylock nodded slowly.
"All right the, follow me." Jack turned and headed towards his office. He was starting to feel a bit annoyed. It seemed like every time they tried to help those people, they always had some sort of mishap.
Dreylock followed him into his office, but continued to stand as he took a seat behind his desk.
"Feel free to sit." Jack sat forward in his desk; he placed his elbows on his desk as he supported his chin.
Dreylock sat down on the front part of the chair with her back straight, and her hands in her lap. "Thank you."
"Now, what is this troubling news?" Jack stared at the woman.
"Presently I have Kelownan soldiers searching for Daniel Jackson. He's missing." She braced herself for his reaction.
"What?!" Jack flattened his hands on his desk as he looked at her in disbelief. "You said Daniel is missing? He's been gone for what, two or three hours?"
"Yes, that's correct. On my way down to talk to him, I found Major Best looking for him as well. He told me that Dr. Jackson never reported in." She rang her hands together. Originally she wasn't too thrilled to learn that Dr. Jackson would be the Earth liaison for the first stage of the shielding project. Now, she just hoped that he was all right.
Jack was still pretty surprised. He picked up the phone and dialed Observation Room Two. "Carter, I need you and Jonas to come up to my office." After hearing her response, he hung up the phone.
Observation Room Two
"Will do, Sir." Sam hung up the phone and then turned towards Jonas. "We're needed in General O'Neill's office."
Jonas had been standing in front of the window watching Kyna. He knew that she wasn't happy about the situation, and decided to talk to Jack about it. Katrina was sitting at the desk with the computer monitor to her right. She frowned as she watched Kyna. Something about this didn't quite feel right to her. She looked at the screen once more, and noted that the area of the brain that was normally responsible for hearing was showing above normal activity. Although Katrina wasn't quite sure what was normal for an Ancient and what was above normal.
Jonas nodded slowly, "Alright, I'll be there in a moment." After Sam left the room, he spoke into the microphone. "Kyna, we're going to be right back. Dr. Viola is going to remain behind." Kyna turned her head to face the window; she gave Jonas a small smile. "I'll see you soon," she let out a sigh. She then turned back towards the objects that were in front of her on the table.
Jonas turned towards Katrina, with his back to the microphone. "I just wanted to let you know, that I don't think you should push her to do this." Kat blinked several times as she looked at him. "I'm not pushing her, she doesn't have to do this if she doesn't want to."
Jonas tilted his head to the side, "Dr. Viola, you should know by now that Kyna's the type of person that will do just about anything for a friend. You asked her, and agreed to it because she respects you." Jonas pressed his lips together, "all I'm trying to say, is put yourself in her place. Would you want to be reduced to a science experiment?" He walked out of the room before she could answer.
Katrina just watched him walk out of the Observation Room. She was completely surprised and really thrown off balance. Was she being a bad friend? She closed her eyes for a moment, and then stood. Katrina walked out of the Observation Room and headed down to the Isolation Room.
Meanwhile - General Jack O'Neill's Office
"I thought that Col Carter was not working at the SGC anymore." Dreylock was now a bit confused.
"Oh, she doesn't. She just stopped in to help me make a decision about something." He sat forward once more.
"Oh, I see." Dreylock pressed her lips together.
He wanted to get back on topic. "Let me get this straight. Both you and Major Best noticed Daniel was missing, why didn't you contact me right away?"
Dreylock looked down as she released a strained breath. She then looked back up at Jack and stared straight into his eyes. "I tried to contact the SGC, however access to half the building was restricted due to a pathogen containment simulation."
"What? For crying out loud that is the worst excuse that I've ever heard in my life." Jack sat back in his chair to study her reaction.
"I couldn't agree more." She appeared to be very flustered. "I approached the Barron about the simulation and he didn't even know it was going on." Her tone of voice had changed; her words were now a bit sharper then before.
"Who ordered it?" Jack narrowed his eyes as he spoke.
"From the information I was able to gather, it was his son Finn." Dreylock hated being tight lipped about the politics that was involved running the Langaran Stargate Program.
There was a knock on the door.
Jack stood and walked around the desk. Upon reaching the door he opened it, and then he straightened his back as he said, "Let's take this into the Briefing Room." He motioned for Sam and Jonas to walk though the office to reach their destination.
Jonas's brows came together upon seeing First Minister Dreylock there. However, for the moment he chose to keep his mouth shut, at least until he learned the details behind her visit.
Dreylock gave Jonas a nod as he passed her. She then stood and followed him into the Briefing Room.
Sam and Jonas sat on one side of the table, as First Minister Dreylock sat on the opposite side. Jack was seated at the head of the table.
"What's going on, Sir?" Sam asked as they were taking their seats.
"Apparently Daniel's missing." Jack said as he looked at Sam.
Jonas shook his head, "How is that possible?"
"We're still trying to figure out what happened to him." Dreylock folded her hands together in front of her.
"I saw Daniel in the stairwell at the base. We talked for several minutes before he went to go back to his office." Sam appeared to be very confused.
"Who else knows about Daniel's disappearance?" Jonas asked. He was trying to make as much sense out of the situation as he possibly could.
"Major Best, and my most trusted Kelownan security personnel. I had them search the building, and now they are looking for clues to see if anyone saw him leave." She looked at each of them in turn.
"Don't trust the neighbors, huh?" Jack asked in a light manner. To him it seemed like she still didn't want anything to do with the other two large nations that inhabited their planet.
Dreylock shifted her eyes to Jonas.
"It's not like, sir." Jonas leaned forward and started to talk with his hands as he explained the situation. "There are some trust worthy people in each of the governments, its just that we question the motives of certain individuals."
"Like this Finn character?" Jack supported his chin with his fist.
Jonas nodded his head, but stopped when Dreylock looked at him.
She sighed, "You're right, his family has yielded a lot of resources in the Stargate program. But they did that in hopes of making a profit off of it." Dreylock bowed her head and stood. "I fear that I must be getting back before anyone notices that I'm gone."
Jack stood as well. "Have Major Best report in when you get back. I want his team to assist you in your search. I also want to add another SG team to the project."
"Sir, I would like to help look for him." Sam stood.
Jack paused as he looked at her. He still didn't know the reasons behind Daniel's disappearance, and worried that he might be putting her in harms way. At the same time he reasoned that the responsible party might make a mistake and revile themselves with her being there. "I want SG-10 to accompany you. Be ready to leave within the hour."
Sam nodded.
Jack turned towards Dreylock and escorted her to the Gate Room.
Aschen Home world
Daniel followed Borren down a long slate gray corridor. About every ten feet was a doorway, and every five feet was a rectangle window that was about one feet wide and two feet long. Daniel could estimate that the ceiling was about ten feet high, and the windows were about a foot below that. "So, where are we going...?"
Borren remained silent as he walked. He kept his gaze set straight.
Daniel raised his brows, and went to stuff his hands in his pockets. Unfortunately, the red scrubs didn't come equipped with pockets. So, he just flattened his hands against his thighs before crossing them in front of his chest. He peered over his shoulder and found two other Aschen trailing them at a discreet distance. They wore black uniforms with the same markings that Borren had on his uniform. Daniel could only guess that these two gentlemen were security guards.
After crossing a cause way and going though an obvious security check point they entered another part of the building. From what Daniel could see the wall to his right was completely glass. Outside was a ranging ocean, along with rumbling storm clouds. Daniel shivered looking at it. He turned his head back towards the direction he was walking in, and almost stumbled over Borren once more. "Sorry..."
Borren just stared at him for a moment. He then motioned for Daniel to enter the door to his left. "After you."
Daniel stared at him for a split second, and then turned to walk into the room. Inside he found a large circular object in the middle, with a half oval desk against the far wall. There was a chair facing out one of the windows at the desk. Apparently on this side of the building there was nothing but a stormy ocean view too. The chair turned, and Molum sat there with his hands pressed together.
He stood, and started to walk around the side of the desk. "For the past four years we have been expecting to run into an SGC unit. However, it wasn't any random unit we encountered. It was a member of SG-1. The same member that figured out what it exactly means to be a part of the Aschen Confederation."
Daniel listened to him; he didn't really understand where he was going with this. He simply shrugged, "Guilty as charged."
"Yes you are." He pressed a button on the side panel of the large circular object. A hologram of a large bug was projected. "Do you recognize this insect?"
Daniel blinked several times as he studied it. He vaguely remembered seeing it somewhere else. "Should I?" Then it hit him. He recalled that bug stung Teal'c. It's venom started to transform his DNA to be able to reproduce more of its kind.
"I would think you would. We found this insect on one of the planets that you gave us the coordinates too." He did not show any emotion in his voice.
"Ah... you didn't dial the gate addresses in order?" Daniel was a bit disappointed. He had expected them to dial, P3W - 451, the black hole planet.
Molum tilted his head, "Upon receiving the gate addresses, we entered their coordinates into our computers and then mapped their distances from our home world. We then proceeded to dial them according to the order that you gave us. However the first address refused to lock." He pointed towards the bug. "That insect was the main inhabitant of the second gate address."
Daniel blinked and then he realized that the black hole planet is locked on the P2A - 270 addresses, which is the gate that it jumped to when Jack set off the nuclear explosion. He pressed another button on the side of the machine and the image shifted to a view of a planet from orbit. "Once it had infected several of our people, we did what we could to save them. Unfortunately it was not before the insect completely altered their DNA."
"I'm sorry to hear that," said Daniel with little sympathy in his voice. He felt bad that innocent people got hurt, but at the back of his mind he thought that all the Aschen knew what they did to the people of Voila.
After a moment of silence, not even the sound of the storm outside, or the crashing waves could be heard. "I suppose we should thank you." Molum placed his arms behind his back.
SGC - Isolation Room
Katrina walked into the Isolation Room nearly in tears. "I'm so sorry Kyna." Kyna was really concentrating. Her gaze was on the table in front of her, but her mind was elsewhere. She blinked several times and turned towards Katrina. "You don't have anything to be sorry about."
Katrina walked over towards her and leaned against the table. "Yes I do. I've been a horrible friend to you. I've been taking advantage of you to satisfy my own curiosity. I have no right to ask you to participate in this, you've been though enough." Kyna stood and placed her hand on Katrina's shoulder. "Thank you for being concerned. I really do appreciate it. But right now, I'm not the one you should be worrying about." She held the sincerest expression on her face.
Katrina sniffled, "who should I be worrying about?"
"Daniel."
Aschen Home world
"Thank me for what?" Daniel was suddenly confused.
"For giving us an entire planet to terraform. We used the DNA of the insect in order to exterminate them. At the same time we were able to gain new technology." He took a step and gazed out the window before looking back at Daniel.
"Did you ever dial the other gate addresses?" Daniel knew he should ask, but the temptation was too great.
"I was getting to that." He raised his chin about an inch, "Since we did not know if the insects arrived on the planet before or after you visited there we decided to take a few precautions. We dialed the next address on one of the planets in our Confederation. Since most of its resources have been drained, we normally used that planet to conduct most of our research." "Did you kill off the inhabitants of that world too?" Daniel was not showing any remorse.
"Dr. Jackson, you above all should know what a patient race the Aschen are." He did not admit any fault.
"Ah, did you sterilize the population there too?" Daniel held an angry, but calm tone to his voice.
"The Gelbans were a very violent race. Their society was on the path to total annihilation. By joining the Aschen Confederation we were able to assure them that their race would survive." He did not even blink as he spoke.
"What did you do, kill off ninety- five percent of the population and then kept the last five percent alive to do your dirty work?" Daniel narrowed his eyes.
"The Aschen Confederation does not have to justify its actions to you, Dr. Jackson." Molum blinked a tone went off behind him at his desk. He then proceeded to walk towards the sound, and then turned it off.
Borren reentered the room.
Molum raised his hand in a gesture like faction that suggested to Daniel that it was time he took his leave. He turned to walk out, but then stopped short. Then he looked at Molum once more, "What are you planning on doing with me?"
"All in good time, Dr. Jackson. However, right now I am needed else where."
Daniel grinned his teeth together in annoyance. He then turned once more and followed Borren back to his cell.
Meanwhile, Molum exited his office and proceeded down the hall in the opposite direction. Upon entering a lab he stopped the technician that was working. "Is the serum almost complete?" The technician was wearing a very pale shade of gray. "It shall be finished by morning."
Molum nodded, "good." He then turned and left the lab to return to his office.
SGC - Isolation Room
Katrina blinked, "Your right he's going to be upset with us that we did this while he was gone. He's almost as protective of you as Jonas is."
Kyna shook her head, "You miss understand me. Yes, Daniel is going to be upset, but that's..." She pressed her lips together, then glanced up at the security cameras, and sighed. Without moving her lips, she whispered, "I sensed something was wrong, so I decided to listen in on General O'Neill's conversation with First Minister Dreylock." Katrina tilted her head; she looked completely puzzled. The last time Kyna tried to listen in on one of General O'Neill's conversations, she was in the Briefing Room. When Daniel disturbed her, it took several minutes for her hearing to return to normal levels. "How...?"
Kyna looked down, "I've been practicing, just in case..." She shook her head. Kyna knew that her paranoia was mostly in her head. But in order to sleep at night, she wanted to be prepared just in case they came for her. Hearing them coming from a distance would give her time to modify the shield, and then she would be able to make her way down to one of the ring platforms.
Kat took in a deep breath. "Do you know what's happened to him?" She thought that it would be best to talk about why she had been practicing off base.
Kyna shook her head, "Not yet, and as far as I can tell, neither does she. She sounded sincere." She crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"Is there anything we can do to help the situation?" Kate rubbed her nose as she spoke to cover her mouth. She wasn't really good with the whole not moving ones lips as they spoke type of thing.
"Not that I know of right now." She frowned.
Prison Cell - Aschen Home World
Daniel walked back into the Prison Cell to find Joseph sitting on his mat with his elbows on his knees and his hands supporting his head. Vala was on the opposite side of the room doing a handstand against the wall.
She kicked down out of the handstand, and placed her hands on her hips. "Did you find out anything?"
Daniel pressed his lips together, "Nothing that will help us besides that I believe we're either in the middle of an ocean or on a peninsula."
Joseph looked up, "it's an ocean; most of the planet is covered by water."
"I didn't know that..." Vala looked at him, and wondered why he never told her that bit of information.
Daniel paid little attention to what Vala said, and remarked, "Well, that explains why they need to take over other planets to feed themselves. Do you know if the Gate is here?"
Joseph nodded, "It's at the other end of the facility, and it is heavily protected by a laser defense network. I saw it on my way in."
Vala said to herself, "must be why they have no personalities as well..." She blinked and then started to pay attention to the conversation once more. "Is there any other type of information concerning the layout of this compound that you know of that might help us to escape?" She took a breath. "Hmmm?"
Joseph tilted his head towards her, "if there was a way to escape I would tried it by now." Daniel sat down in-between them. "There is one possibility." He paused as he decided if he should say it out loud.
That caught both of their attention. "Well, what is it, Daniel don't keep us waiting, just say it." Vala nudged him as she moved closer to the two of them.
Daniel looked at Vala since he wasn't sure if Joseph had learned of the ship before he left Earth, "Prometheus."
Vala rolled her eyes, "that primitive ship would be no match for the Aschen."
Joseph stared straight a head as what she said sunk in, "for all we know, there might be one of those laser defense systems in orbit around the planet."
Daniel smirked and shrugged his shoulders.
Vala smacked his bicep, "what aren't you telling us now?"
"It has Asgard shields." He brought his knees into his chest and then rested his arms on top of them.
"Asgard shields? You mean those gray little..." Vala had forgotten about that, no wonder why it had been able to take so much damage the last time she was on it... "Yep they are the Asgard, our Allies." Daniel looked suddenly pleased; "it will be only a matter of time now." He tapped his knee, "only a matter of time."
Joseph remained silent; he had his doubts.
Earth -SGC - Twenty Minutes Later
Jonas made his way down to the Observation Room once more to check in on Kyna before he planed on returning to Langara with Col. Carter. At first he was surprised to see that there wasn't anyone in there, then he looked though the glass to see Dr. Viola taking the devices off the back of Kyna's scalp. He tilted his head watching them, and then left the Observation Room to go down to the Isolation Room. When he entered he found Kyna combing her hair, and talking to Katrina in hushed tones. "Hello, ladies, done for today."
Kate looked between the two of them, and then spoke. "Yes, that's it for today. I'm aware of the fact that Kyna has other responsibilities that she needs to attend too, as do I." She gave them a small smile. "If you will excuse me..." She carried the case with the devices in it out of the room.
Kyna stood, and walked over to Jonas. "Walk me back to my office?" She gave him a pretty little smile as she tilted her head up at him. Jonas shrugged, "of course." He motioned for her to leave before him. "You seem a bit different he said to her as they left the room."
Now it was Kyna who was shrugging. "I feel a bit freer without those things attached to my skin." She pressed the button for the elevator.
The door opened right away, and they both stepped inside. "You know you don't have to do their tests." The doors closed, and Jonas selected the floor.
Kyna moved right in front of him, and went onto her tiptoes. She took the sides of Jonas's face in her hands and gave him a kiss on timid kiss on the lips.
He was completely surprised that she did that, and just reacted. Jonas wrapped his arms around her back, and pulled her closer to him.
Kyna's hands went from his smooth face to around to dangle around his neck. When she pulled her mouth away from his, she gazed up into his eyes. With a blush on her cheeks she whispered, "Thank you."
"For what, Sweetie?" He loved the way her sparkling violet eyes gazed into his with such devotion. "For being you." She sighed as she stepped back, and dropped her arms to her sides. Kyna knew that the doors were going to open at their floor any second now.
Jonas let her slide out of his tender grasp, and then he crossed his arms in front of his chest as well. He couldn't help but blush and grin at the same time. "Then I should be getting kisses like that from you all the time." Kyna shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe you will. Maybe you won't." The elevator doors opened, and she backed out of it.
"Oh that's not fair." Jonas walked out and moved besides her. "Are you sure it wasn't something else?"
Kyna stopped and turned towards him. She scrunched her nose, "well there is something else..." "What?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Promise not to be upset with me?" She batted her eyes.
Jonas took in a deep breath, he wondered if Katrina told her what he said. "Alright, I promise."
Kyna closed her eyes to take a moment to compose herself, when she opened them she saw the look of concern on Jonas's face. Her heart felt it was going to melt. "I was curious to know where you were going, so I listened in on your conversation with Katrina. Thank you for sticking up for me." She gave him the same pretty smile she had given him earlier.
Jonas looked down for a second, he didn't know what to say or know if he should be upset. After quick deliberation, he knew that he couldn't be upset at her for being concerned about what he was doing. In fact, he was touched. "I'm not upset, and actually I'm happy that you told me the truth."
"Really? Some might consider say that I was spying on you." A look of worry crossed her features. She didn't want him to think that she was stalking him.
Jonas shrugged, he had nothing to hide from her, and so it didn't really matter much to him. "You can listen in on all of my conversations if you like, but just remember by doing so will make it very difficult for me to surprise you."
"I see..." Kyna thought about that, and then shrugged. "I'll try not to do it again."
"That's fair enough." He paused, "look, I'm going to be returning to Langara. I have something that needs to be taken care of."
"I know, Daniel's missing." She sighed as she shook her head; "I sensed something was wrong, so I listened in on General O'Neill's conversation as well. I want to help."
Jonas looked surprised, he wasn't aware that she could develop that ability to that extent. "I know you do. I wouldn't mind your help. Why don't I run the idea past, Col Carter?" Kyna gave him a half smile, she wanted to help, but then again she wanted to protect herself. If he asked Sam then he would have to tell her that she was able to hear people's voices at great distances. With less then a moment of thought, she nodded her head. Daniel's safety mattered more to her then her own. He had become what some might consider a brother figure to her during these past few months. "Tell her everything that she needs to know." He rubbed her arm, "Are you sure?"
Kyna nodded, and gave him a reassuring smile. "Positive."
Ten Minutes Later
Jonas entered Sam's former office. He found her sitting there looking at random things. "Hey, did I catch you at a bad time?"
Sam shook her head, "Nah, I'm just looking at some old stuff. What can I do for you, Jonas?"
"Well, I have a suggestion to make." He walked over to the center desk, and sat on the opposite side of her.
"Go on." She tilted her head as she watched him. What ever it was she sensed it was important.
"I think we should take Kyna with us. It might help her to develop her abilities if she used them in the field." Jonas pressed his lips together as he spoke with his hands.
Sam looked down for a second as she tilted her head; she raised her eyes once more to Jonas. "Do you think she's holding back?"
"I don't think it is a conscious decision on her part." He sat forward, "From what she has told me in the past, her people suppressed their advance abilities because they did not wish to rely on them. They rather do everyday tasks though their advanced knowledge and understanding of the universe."
"So, what your saying is that she needs to mentally undo hundreds of generations of restraint." Sam paused, "Do you think we have time for that?"
"I think the necessity of the mission will give her the push she needs." He rubbed his chin as he hoped she would believe him. He hated making Kyna sound like that, but he knew it would likely be the only way to convince Sam to let her come without telling her about the advancements Kyna's made already. Sam nodded, "I believe your right. Tell her to gear up, I'll go inform General O'Neill." She could sense there was something more to Jonas's request, but for right now she wasn't going to say anything.
Jonas nodded and walked out.
Twenty Minutes Later - Gate Room
"Remember, try to keep a low profile, we don't want them to get suspicious that were on to them." Jack said in a matter of fact manner as they walked down the stairs from the Control Room. Sam looked at him tilting her head, "will do, Sir." Jack nodded, "Good luck, Carter. Bring Daniel back." He paused as he saw Jonas and Kyna talking several feet away from the ramp with SG - 10 near by. "What's she doing down here?"
"Oh, that's what I wanted to tell you, Sir. She's coming with us, although I don't know why she's dressed like that." Sam frowned, as she looked at Kyna. She was dressed in a navy blue suit with a white scarf around her neck. Her hair was fashioned the same way First Minister Dreylock wore her hair. Sam's gaze shifted towards Jonas, he too looked like he was in civilian cloths. Sam called over as the gap between them closed. "Aren't you two coming?"
"Of course we are." Kyna raised her chin to look up at them since she was shorter than everyone else by several inches. "I'm just going to try to blend in that's all." She smiled.
"I was given the ability to chose whom I wanted to work with while I was here. Since only a few of my people have actually ever met Kyna. I thought that with her by my side we can investigate in areas that would be off limits to Sam's team." Jonas crossed his arms in front of his chest.
"He's right, Sir. We'll be able to cover more ground." Sam thought that it was a good idea. She just wished that Jonas had run it by her first.
Jack rocked back and forth on his heals, "Right. I'm just not used to the whole civilian look on you two." "I can't go back there wearing my SGC uniform, Sir. Otherwise I wouldn't have changed." Jonas pressed his lips together and smiled as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.
Jack looked up into the Control Room, and rose one finger as he motioned for Walter to, "Dial it up!"
Sam turned towards Kyna, "Here, I have this for you." She handed her a long black box.
Kyna took it in her hands as her brows came together. "What is it?" She asked rhetorically as she opened the box. Inside was a watch. She raised her eyes to meet Sam's as she held a confused look on her face.
"It's a tracking device. Press this button here, and you turn it on." She pointed to the button that she was talking about. "This way if you're in trouble, we'll be able to find you."
Kyna nodded, "Thank you I wouldn't want to get lost again." She said in a quite enough tone so that her voice wouldn't carry to the other people in the Gate Room. The seventh chevron locked into place and the wormhole became established.
"Well, good luck, and bring back Daniel in one piece if you can." Jack addressed the group including SG-10.
"Let's move out." Sam ordered, and SG-10 made its way up the ramp and through the event horizon. Sam stopped at the top as she waited for Jonas and Kyna to join her.
Kyna gave Jack one last wave before preceding though the event horizon with the other two.
The Other Side - Langara
First Minister Dreylock several meters away form the gate with her hands folded in front of her. Behind her near the entrance were two Kelownan guards.
SG-10 stood near the gate. They were taking in the surroundings making sure everything was safe.
When Sam, Jonas, and Kyna appeared though the event horizon. Dreylock's eyes widened for a split second as she tried to recall the name of the woman that was with Jonas. "Col. Carter, Jonas Quinn, Ms. Dior, I have informed Major Best that you were coming." "What about the Barron?" Jonas had to ask. He didn't want them to cause a political mess. "I sent him a memo." Dreylock tilted her head as she began to walk towards the stairwell. "He left with Finn about a half hour ago."
Sam raised her brows and said, "Oh."
"You did not mention to me that you were bringing Ms. Dior." Dreylock said in a matter of fact manner.
"I thought that it would be a good idea to have her watch my back while I investigate on my own." Jonas responded keeping his voice in neutral tones. "We're going to head up to my office." He motioned to Kyna with his head to follow him.
Kyna gave Sam a small wave as they passed them and started to walk up towards Jonas's office.
Sam pressed her lips together as they passed her. However she continued to follow First Minster Dreylock towards the Coordination Room. "Have you heard anything yet?"
Dreylock shook her head, as they walked, "unfortunately no. Not a single person on this base has seen Daniel Jackson since yesterday." They continued to walk until they reached the proper floor once there they started though the double doors. Dreylock stopped short as she saw Isleen approaching them.
Isleen wasn't too happy; she had received a call telling her that the Gate was being used. She felt that they really needed to monitor their Gate activity better if they were going to keep the security of their base in tact. She took in a deep breath seeing First Minister Dreylock escorting more Earthlings to the Coordination Room. "Excuse me, what's going on here?"
Dreylock grinned her teeth together before she spoke. "Col. Carter was kind enough to come here and inspect Major Best's work."
Isleen tilted her head, and raised a brow, "If Col. Carter was here to inspect Major Best's work, and then why does she feel it necessary to bring armed back up?"
Sam didn't like how they were talking about her as if she was not there, so she decided to cut in. "It's standard procedure on Earth."
"Is it now?" She sounded doubtful.
Major Best exited the Coordination Room and saw Col. Carter and SG-10 being held up by Isleen. As he approached, he heard part of the conversation, and decided to pull Col. Carter out of it. "Col. Carter! I think you should take a look at this!" Sam looked at both women and then Major Best she moved around them and quickened her steps to catch up to him. Behind her SG-10 did basically the same thing. Isleen turned towards Dreylock and narrowed her eyes. "We seriously need to have a talk about regulating Gate travel. I have no idea who has come and who has gone. This is sincerely unacceptable. How can we maintain our security if we have no way of recording who comes and goes?"
Dreylock nodded, "I agree."
"You... you do?" Isleen first sounded shocked and then changed her tone of voice to cover it up.
In that moment First Minister Dreylock saw that Isleen was sincere about her conviction to maintain the security of their world. "There is another reason why Col. Carter is here."
Isleen crossed her arms in front of her chest. "There is?" She slightly narrowed her eyes.
"Yes, one of their team members, Daniel Jackson, is missing. He was confirmed to have come though the Gate on their side, and I did find his belongings in his office. However, he is no where to be found and he has not checked in with Major Best." She stared straight into her eyes.
"You can't be serious, is this some kind of Kelownan ploy because I'm not in the mood to...?" Isleen was having trouble believing such a story.
"I assure you that I am serious. I'd stake my career the seriousness of the matter." Dreylock tilted her chin up at her.
"I see... I'll look into it." Isleen walked past Dreylock to head towards her father's office. She wasn't completely convinced, but it didn't hurt to do a little investigating on her own.
Meanwhile - Jonas Quinn's Office
Jonas picked up a stack of books that was on one of the more comfortable chairs in his office. He motioned, with his head, to Kyna to sit. In return he received a pleasant smile from her.
As Jonas placed the books down in another location, she looked around the office. There were many different book cases filled with many different sized books, on the desks and walls were maps, and there was a small section where he had photographs displayed from when he was on Earth.
When Jonas reached the door, he turned towards her, "Can I get you anything?"
Kyna shook her head, "not at the moment, thank you anyway." She waved her hand towards the pictures, "we need to take a few together. I would like to have some to display in my home and office."
Several images flashed though Jonas's mind as she mentioned wanting to have pictures of them together. However, he could not recall ever being in the places where the pictures were taken. He heard her voice once more, and then shook his head. The images quickly vanished as his mind returned to the present. "I missed that, sorry."
"Are you all right you looked distracted for a moment..." She sat up in her chair ready to move over to him.
He shook his head, "it was nothing... just that feeling I get when I'm around you sometimes that's all." Jonas quickly tried to change the subject, "you can always draw a picture of us together."
"Who's to say that I haven't already?" She raised bother of her brows, and then grinned. "Just kidding, I've been rather busy as of late and have not had the time to focus on my art."
"Things will calm down eventually." Jonas pulled up a chair to sit across from her.
"Perhaps, but I have a feeling that turbulent waters lay a head for quite some time." She took in a deep breath, and lowered her eyes for a moment before raising them again to meet his. "Shall I start listening?"
"Only if you're ready to." He watched the features on her face change as they began to focus on the task at hand. "I'm going to look around, if I need help, I'll call your name." Once he saw her nod, he stood and left the room locking the door at the same time.
Many different voices filled her ears. She looked for key words in conversations to try to distinguish if any were speaking about Daniel. At the same time she listened for his voice to hear if he was anywhere in the building. Among those who she initially listened to was First Minister Dreylock's and Isleen.
A Few Hours Later
Kyna and Jonas were walking down the stairwell to meet up with Sam and her team. "I just can't believe it, all of that time and no results..." Kyna sighed as she complained about not being affective enough.
"You tried your best and that's all that matters." Jonas gave her arm a soft squeeze before continuing on their way. However once they reached the next landing they had to stop, as two men were caring a large box up the stairs. In front of them there was another man monitoring their progress. "Excuse me, who are you and what do you have in that box?" The man turned his face up to look at Jonas. "I'm a Borren of the Aschen. We were invited to stay here while negotiations between our people commenced." He motioned towards the box. "These are our dietary provisions. You may look at them if you like."
Jonas rubbed the back of his head. He wasn't authorized to do that, but for some odd reason he felt like something was wrong. "No, that's all right." He pressed himself against the wall as the men passed.
When they were out of hearing range, Kyna turned towards Jonas. "He was lying. That's not food."
"How can you tell?" Jonas looked troubled.
"I don't know, I just can." She shrugged her shoulders. "We better get going other wise Sam's going to think we went missing too."
Jonas nodded, "you're right." He pushed the Aschen named Borren to the back of his mind for the moment, and continued to keep on walking down to the correct floor. Once there he led Kyna to the Coordination Room.
Seeing Jonas at the door, Peadar Tully opened it. Inside Isleen, First Minister Dreylock, Sam, SG-7 and 10 were conversing about the situation. "We're glad you're here, another five minutes and we would had gone looking for you two." He closed the door once they entered.
Sam turned towards them, "any luck?"
Jonas shook his head, "no. How about you?" Sam shook her head.
Peadar Tully leaned against the door, "I can't believe that something like this could have happened. A person just doesn't disappear into thin air."
"I searched my father's office to see if there was any records of Daniel leaving the base, or anyone asking for him and there was nothing there." Isleen crossed her arms in front of her chest. When she was going though her father's things, Peadar came in there looking for her. She had no choice other than to tell him what was going on. Kyna found a corner to stand in. She just couldn't shake the feeling that Borren had lied to them. Even though she knew she shouldn't do it, her mind left the room, and went in search of the Aschen. She started to listen in on them.
After a few minutes of conversing among themselves, Dreylock noticed the distant look in Kyna's eyes. She moved over to her, "Are you all right?" After not receiving a response, she asked her again and then touched her shoulder.
Kyna's mind was thrown back into the room. However, she managed to recover quickly. "I'm sorry, I was just a bit preoccupied, that's all."
"Don't worry, we will find Dr. Jackson." Dreylock tried to put her best face on.
"Oh it wasn't that. I know we'll eventually find him, it's just that on our way down here, Jonas and I ran into a group of men. I don't know... I just have a bad feeling about them that's all," she shrugged.
Isleen heard what she had said and then turned towards her. She had not even noticed the girl when she came in. "Did you say you ran into some men?"
Jonas crossed his arms in front of his chest. "They said that they were the Aschen."
Sam's eyes went wide, "What?!" She crossed the room and looked straight into Jonas's eyes, "Did you say the Aschen?"
He nodded, "Yes, that's what I said. There were three of them; two were caring a large box, while the there was another directing them. He told us his name was Borren."
Isleen almost snorted, "They must have just come back because they were not here when I came in. I'm going to have to talk to my father about regulating their movements..." Peadar turned towards Sam, "have you met them before?"
" On a mission to a planet we designated as P3A-194 we found a small farming community. The people living there were called the Volians. They introduced us to the Aschen. During our negotiations with them, Daniel and Teal'c discovered the entrance to underground ruins of a city. Where they found evidence that the Aschen were responsible for ending their civilization though sterilizing the population. When we confronted them, they tried to send a biological weapon though their gate to our planet. Luckily we were able to get the Iris closed before any damage was done." She stared right into each of their eyes in turn as she spoke.
Isleen frowned, "Is there anyway we can see this evidence?" She didn't want to bring this news to her father without having evidence to back it up. Sam nodded, "Sure." She could only imagine Jack's reaction to finding out that they were here on Langara.
Peadar tilted his head, "Do you think they are the ones that have Dr. Jackson?" It was the only explanation that he could think of. None of his men had seen Dr. Jackson since he came onto the base earlier in the day.
"It's possible." Sam suddenly looked even more worried then she did a moment ago.
An Hour Later - SGC Briefing Room
"Those rat bastards!" Jack turned away and then rubbed his chin. "Are you sure it was them?" He was standing in front of his chair as Sam, Kyna, and Jonas sat on one side of the table, while First Minister Dreylock, Isleen and Peadar sat on the opposite side. It boiled his blood to know that the Aschen were still up to their old tricks.
"We are positive it is the Aschen that you dealt with a few years ago. Their Ambassadors' names are Borren and Molum. At least that's what we've been told. The Barron is interested in making a deal with them to gain us acceptance into their Confederation." Peadar sounded frustrated by the whole situation. His nation has the smallest amount of representatives in the Joint Government at this time. However in the back of his mind he knew that if the other two took opposite sides on an issue, his votes were the deciding factor.
"And when exactly were you all going to inform us about this?" Jack looked even more annoyed then Peadar. He thought about all that they had done for those people and they decided to look elsewhere for support. Talk about gratitude.
"Please General, we've only found out about the Aschen yesterday, nothing is written in stone yet." Isleen's lips pressed together to form a thin line while she tapped her fingers on the desk. She was normally the one who was either having a panic attack or sharing her displeasure about the situation..
Dreylock spoke up, "Besides we decided to wait until after the Joint Council elections. Then we would have brought the issue up to the people and each individual country would have voted. Each member would have a set amount of votes according to their population. Depending on the member they can count all of their votes towards the majority or split it according to how the population swings."
"We have a similar process called an Electoral College. But we only use it when electing a president." Sam looked at Dreylock and then back over at Jack.
"I am aware, it was Jonas Quinn who brought examples of Earth governments to the Joint Council and from there we used what suited us best." Dreylock folded her hands in her lap. Sam raised her brows and then let them fall as she thought about that. To think that they had changed an entire planet's political views.
Jack just simply said, "ah..." He didn't care too much for politics.
Kyna tilted her head, "why do these people need to stay on your planet if you're not voting for a while?" She thought that it was strange for someone to want to stay some place where they weren't needed.
The Langarans looked at each other, no one knew the real answer to that question. However, Peadar shrugged his shoulders and said, "I am assuming that they are welcomed there until we vote. Actually, we have not even discussed if they should return to their world or not. If anything they are going to have a chance to see if they really want to get involved with our world or not."
Sam thought about what he said, "have you been invited to see their world?"
Isleen continued to tap her fingers on the desk, "no, we haven't even met their Ambassadors. We only know their names because my father sent us a memo to be extra polite to them if we should encounter them."
"Is it possible for you to arrange a tour or at least find a way to get to their planet?" Jack had an idea.
"My father would never believe me if I all of a sudden agreed with him." Isleen let out a frustrated sigh.
Peadar looked up, and with a raised chin said, "I volunteer. I can go talk to Finn and pretend that he convinced me to side with them."
Isleen looked slightly alarmed for a moment, but recovered quickly. "What if he does not believe you?"
"Then I can let him buy my vote for when the time comes for the Joint Council to cast their votes." He gave Isleen a sly grin. He then turned his attention back to General O'Neill. "I have a reputation among my people for getting what I want, besides I'm sorry to say, I know his type."
Kyna watched the exchange between Peadar and Isleen and did not understand it, but she did feel that there was more going on between them then what meets the eye.
Jack nodded, "Sounds like a plan. When you go there I want you to wear a tracking device, this way we can locate you if there is any problems." "Sir, what if they have technology that knocks out tracking devices?" Sam asked as she recalled how the Tollan had the ability to disable their weapons. She wondered if the Ashen had similar technology.
Jack looked at Kyna, "Can you help us out with that one?" After a moment of silence on her part he added, "Remember Peadar might be able to find Daniel while he's there. You like Daniel don't you?"
Kyna nearly snorted, with Jonas by her side, she was able to have a bit more confidence. Enough confidence to answer Jack back in a tone that was equal to her level of anger. "Of course I like Daniel. You don't have to speak to me like that, I was searching the repository to see if I can locate any tracking devices in this galaxy. You know it is a big place!"
"Okay, okay, calm down." Jack quickly softened his tone.
Dreylock looked between the two of them, "repository?"
Before any one could say anything, Kyna replied, "the race of people that I come from can store a great deal of knowledge in their brains by using certain pieces of technology. Almost all of my scientific, technological, and medical knowledge comes from there."
Sam couldn't help it, she had to ask, "what would you have done if circumstances were different and you didn't have the repository?"
"Believe me, you don't want to know." Kyna pressed her lips together and then stood. She looked over at Jack, "I'm going to go make a list of possible gate addresses."
"Go on, I'll look it over when you're done." He waved her along. Kyna turned and nodded to those who were seated before she left the room to head up to her office.
Jack turned back towards the Langarans, "I think you folks should probably be heading back. You don't want to be missed."
"Do you have a copy of that evidence for my father?" Isleen asked, that was the main reason why they came all the way to Earth.
Jack held up one finger as he walked over to the staircase.
Sure enough Walter was walking up the stairs with a folder in hand. When he reached the top of the steps he said in a low voice, "Col. Carter asked me to bring this up here for the Langarans."
"Don't worry, it's fine Walter." Jack took the folder, and then walked back over to the table. He handed it to Dreylock. "I believe that has everything that you need."
Dreylock opened the folder, then she picked up the copy of the news paper article. A large developed across her face.. "I have no idea how to translate this."
"I believe the translation should be under the copy." Sam leaned over the table and pointed to the inside of the folder. "Yes, that is good and all, but how are we to convince the Barron that your translation is what is actually being said?" She tilted her head.
"I can always retranslate it, I don't think that Dr. Jackson would mind if I borrowed some of his books." Jonas folded his hands together in front of him.
"Sounds like a plan." Sam was ready to get up and go.
"Alright, I think everyone knows what they have to do. I suggest that you four move around together to watch each other's backs." Jack looked at each Langaran in turn. The last time he dealt with the Langarans he would have never thought that there were actually representatives from each of their countries that got along with one another.
Jonas stood, "I'll head back there once we've found an Ancient tracking device." Jack nodded, "good." The meeting broke up and each party went their separate ways.
Half Hour Later - Control Room
Kyna walked into the Control Room looking for Jack since she tried his office first. She had spent the last half hour trying to think of addresses where they might be able to find Ancient technology. Hopefully on one of the worlds they would be able to find what they needed, a tracking device. Subconsciously she wasn't too happy about giving them the list. However Daniel was worth it. Besides she knew that they were already integrating Ancient technology from Atlantis into their culture anyway. She knew that the easiest thing would have been to go to Deshi and look for one there, but she wasn't ready to let outsiders into that city just yet. She felt that she owed it to those who died there to honor their memories by persevering the city as best as she possibly could.
Walter spotted her and made his way over to her. He suddenly felt slightly anxious, as he normally did before talking to her. Give him a General any day of the week, but an Ancient... for some odd reason, he just felt nervous talking to her. Another thing that bothered him was that he never knew what to call her, she told him to use her first name, but that just seemed too unprofessional for him. The best thing that he could think of doing was to avoid using her name all together. "General O'Neill just went through the Briefing Room to go to his office. He asked me to look over your list."
Kyna smiled, she thought that was probably a good idea since Walter was the person who normally dialed the gate addresses. She handed him the list, "Here you go. There are twenty planets on it."
Walter's brows came together as he read the last address, "This one's Earth."
Kyna shrugged, "I know, there are several possible places on this planet, but I know there is a lot of red tape involved going into different countries."
Walter bobbed his head, and then took a pen out of his pocket. He started to cross planets off the list. There were several Goa'uld Home worlds that he doubted they would find anything left, several they visited already and didn't find anything, and then there were others that they hadn't been able to get a lock on. Finally he did come to one that he thought might have some potential. "I think this one's our best bet."
Kyna peered over his shoulder to look at the address.
"Presently, it's called Dakara. It's become the home of the free Jaffa Nation. Teal'c might even be there right now."
"Good, I'll go draw a map of how the complex used to look, and hopefully Teal'c knows the lay out well enough to point us in the right direction, that is only if it has drastically changed."
Walter nodded, "I'll go tell General O'Neill."
Two Hours Later - Dakara
Kyna walked though the gate to find that she was facing a setting sun. The sandstone was painted red as the light slowly descended behind the mountains. Major Davis was standing several meters away talking to one of the Jaffa. Him and his team had been on the planet for a couple of weeks now trying to help the Jaffa deal with the loss of their old infrastructure.
Kyna smiled as she walked up to them. When the Jaffa turned towards her, her smile grew even larger. "Enapay! How good it is to see you! How is your sister doing?"
Enapay bowed his head, "She is doing well." He too bared a smile on his lips.
Paul also turned towards her and smiled, "I'm surprised to see you coming here alone." "Well, everyone else was busy. Jack is running the SGC, Sam is helping to repair the Prometheus for traveling to the Ashen Home world. It may not having it's new rail guns, or half of the other things that they need to put on it, but we'll still be able to use it since its repairs are ahead of schedule anyway." She took a quick breath, "Then there is Jonas, he's currently retranslating the newspaper article that Daniel and Teal'c found on Volia." She raised her arms and shrugged, "So, that just leaves me, apparently you're a good enough babysitter as any. At least that's what Sam said."
Enapay tilted his head, "What's a babysitter?"
Kyna shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure." She turned towards Paul, "will Teal'c be joining us?"
"He's on his way back from Chulak." Paul shifted his stance. He was glad that they didn't ask him to define babysitter. That would have been a bit awkward, and he also felt that it would hurt Kyna's feelings at the same time.
She started to unroll the blueprint that she had drawn of the Dakara sight. "How well do you know this place?" She looked up at Enapay.
"Well enough. I've been made the representative from my planet, and I've been helping with the repairs. We've been trying to make it look the way it did during the time of the Ancient along with adding new buildings in the process." Enapay smiled.
Several meters away the Gate started to spin once more.
"I believe that should be Teal'c." Paul raised his brows, and then let them fall as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.
The group turned their attention towards the Gate as the last of the chevron locked into place. After the event horizon was established, an elegantly dressed Teal'c appeared. Upon seeing his friends, he traveled over to join them.
Enapay bowed his head, "Tek ma'te Teal'c."
Teal'c bowed his head in a similar fashion. "Tek ma'te brother." He paused as he turned towards Kyna. "I came as soon as I could. Have you located Daniel Jackson yet?"
She shook her head, "No, but I did come here to find a specific piece of technology that will help us with the process."
"How may I be of service to you?" Teal'c noticed the blue print that she was holding he shifted his neck to peer down at it.
"Well, I was just going to ask Enapay if he knew where this chamber is located." She pointed to the entrance as she tried to balance the blue print on the palm of her other hand. In Kyna's mind the sight did not look anything like what she was seeing right now. "That is located directly across the court yard." Teal'c shifted his eyes in its direction.
"Ah! Well then, that was simple enough." Kyna smiled brightly up at him.
"Indeed it is." Teal'c lead them towards the chamber that housed the controls for the weapon.
Enapay walked by Kyna's side, "you should know that the weapon has already been disassembled."
"Weapon?" Kyna wasn't aware of any weapons on this world, but then several flags went up in her mind as she started to analyze what the function for this sight initially was. "Oh! Well ... I think I know what you're talking about. However, it wasn't a weapon, it was much more than that." She said sadly as her voice trailed off.
Teal'c reached the wall first and then started to move the stones in the right combination for the door to open; once done he stood to the side as the other three entered first.
"What are we looking for?" Paul looked around the dimly lit room.
Enapay exited and reentered with two torches, he handed one to Teal'c.
Kyna rolled the blue print on the floor. She then took out a pen and drew three symbols, "Look for these some where along the wall."
Each of them began to search the walls looking for the symbols that she drew. Meanwhile, Kyna was on the floor dusting the stones to uncover more Ancient symbols.
After several moments, Enapay stopped as he noticed the three tiny symbols half way down one of the walls. He turned towards Kyna, "I've found them. Although this middle one looks like a slit in the wall."
"That's it!" Kyna stood and then dusted her hands and then her pants off. She looked over at Paul and Teal'c, "Paul, could you grab my blueprint for me, and then both you and Teal'c go stand in the center of that circle?"
Paul nodded as he walked over to where she had laid the blue print on the floor. He quickly bent down to pick it up and then started to roll it up as he walked over to the circle with Teal'c. Teal'c raised a brow, "Our sensors did not pick up any ring plat forms in this location." He moved over to where she indicated anyway, and noticed that indeed there appeared to be something on the floor.
Kyna spoke as she moved over to where Enapay stood, "That's because this ring platform can only be accessed from inside of this room." She smiled seeing the controls. "Good, please go over and join them." As she saw him move away, she added in a thank you.
He just simply nodded, "As you wish."
Paul watched Kyna carefully as she took off her necklace and then inserted it into the slit on the wall. He tilted his head as the face of the controls detached from the wall leaving a slightly indented smooth surface.
Kyna walked back over to the group, and then started to circle them. She pressed a combination into the different symbols on the floor.
"What are you doing?" Teal'c asked. Never before had he seen such security measures being taken in order to use Ancient technology.
"I'm making sure we are going to be sent to the correct lab. This circle is similar to a DHD. It will transport us to one of the many underground labs on this planet." After she finished setting in the combination, she too entered the circle then pressed the control face.
Within several seconds, the ring platform came to life and transported them to the indicated location.
Meanwhile, Aschen Home world
Vala sat against the wall with the back of her head gently banging against it. "This awkward silence is killing. Maybe we need to come up with some sort of plan?"
Daniel rolled his eyes with annoyance. "And what kind of plan would you come up with?"
"Well, there are three of us, perhaps we can over power them some how?" She shrugged her shoulders.
"And how do you suggest we do that, you flash your breasts and then we punch them out? What then, the Stargate is heavily guarded." Daniel rested his chin on his hand as his elbow rested on his bent knees. This time Vala rolled her eyes, "you honestly believe that I didn't think of that already?" She shook her head. Joe had been laying on his back for the past hour. As he sat up he rubbed his eyes, "even if we get past the guards and then find someway to a ship yard. We don't know if they have some way to deactivate their vessels by remote."
"So, we do nothing." She pressed her lips together.
Daniel just couldn't stand the sound of her voice, "Yeah exactly, didn't we already have this conversation?"
Dakara, Subterrain Lab
"Well, it's really dark in here." Paul said after they stood there for several seconds.
Kyna took a step forward, and the motion sensors kicked in. "Upon leaving just about everything turns off. This way the energy outputs remain low. All that's left on is the safeguards that blocks orbital locks."
"What is the purpose in the extra security measures?" Teal'c raised a brow as he panned his gaze around the lab.
Kyna started to poke her head around the different panels as she moved around the room. "Well... besides being able to reduce matter down to the molecular level this sight also has the ability to restart life."
Paul was also looking around the room. He subconsciously placed his hand down on one of the panels as he watched her.
The panel came to life. A large screen in front of it appeared with a DNA strain rotating. "Kyna?" Paul said in an uncertain voice.
She turned her attention towards him as did Teal'c and Enapay. Kyna tilted her head as she walked over towards him. "That's you." She pointed towards the DNA on the screen.
"That's me?" Paul blinked rapidly.
Kyna nodded, "Mmhmm." She pressed several buttons on the panel and the DNA strand disappeared. "As I was saying, this facility can also restart life. And that just doesn't happen by flicking a switch. It took a very long time to design this galaxy... well I won't go into that. Just accessing the knowledge about this planet is giving me a migraine."
"Do need to return to the SGC, Kyna Dior?" Teal'c asked.
Kyna shook her head, as she continued to look around.
"What are you looking for?" Enapay started to follow her.
"Looking... looking..." Her eyes continued to dart around the bare panels. "Well, I just expected a tracking device to be laying around in the open." Along the same panel where Paul was standing, a slot retracted and a tracking device appeared. Kyna hadn't noticed.
"Umm... Kyna? Is this what you're looking for?" Paul picked up the tracking device.
She turned back towards him. "Yes it is, good job Paul! Now if we could only find the scanner." Behind her on another panel, a slot opened and a device that was shaped like a flashlight appeared. Enapay moved around her and picked it up.
Kyna quickly turned to see what he was doing, and gasped. "Enapay! You found it!"
"Is there any other devices that you require?" Teal'c asked her. Kyna thought about it for several seconds. "Umm... no. We better get back. I'm going to have to integrate this with Prometheus's computers."
Several Hours Later, Langara Executive Lounge
Peadar had been waiting for Finn to return to the base. Even though there was only twenty hours in a day, two of them were always on duty. His shift was almost over.
Finn entered the lounge and yawned as he flopped himself down on the couch that was across from Peadar. "Interesting shift?" He asked in a rather nonchalant manner. He really didn't care what Peadar had to say. He only spoke to him because he was there.
Peadar flipped a page of the book he was pretending to read. "Not really, I heard that the Aschen have returned."
Finn let a small smile appear on his lips. "Have they? I suppose we should get used to them being around." He spoke with an air of arrogance.
Peadar shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not. I haven't decided which way to cast my vote yet."
"Your vote? You're not on the Joint Council." Finn sneered.
"I will be though. Working underground is rather tiring if I do say so myself. Besides, I have a slight interest conflict." He flipped another page.
Finn ignored his last comment, and then started to think. If he was made the representative for his country, he knows which way he would vote. Dreylock will likely vote the other way, which leaves Peadar. He then narrowed his eyes, "you seemed so quick to agree with my sister during the meeting, and now you don't know which way to vote?"
Peadar shrugged, "I like to please Isleen, what can a man in love say. If I contradicted her, I would never hear the end of it. You know that well enough." Finn bursted out with laughter. "You...? In love with my sister? She's a nightmare besides, you're from the Andari Federation. What could she possibly ever see in you."
Peadar took in a deep breath right now he felt like giving Finn a reason to go buy dentures, "If we join the Aschen Confederation, I don't think they will care about our political divisions. It's likely that they will all be nullified anyway. Without political divisions, there won't be any excuse for Isleen to reject me. My family's well known, and we hold title to vast amounts of land."
Finn couldn't possibly imagine Peadar and Isleen together. Though he supposed they we're well suited for each other. Besides that if she did marry him, that would mean she wouldn't be watching their properties as closely. He would likely be able to start exploiting them. "What makes you think that if you chose to vote joining the Ashen Confederation that she wouldn't reject you just because of that?"
Peadar sat forward, "the thing I noticed about Isleen is that she needs all the facts presented to her in an organize manner in order to feel comfortable with the situation. I was thinking that perhaps if I got to know these Aschen better, I could convince her that they are good for our people."
"How do you propose getting to know them better?" Finn raised a brow.
"I was thinking, what if I visited their home world? They've seen our world, it's only fair that we get to see their world. This way I can tell Isleen about them from a first person account." He sighed, "my only problem is finding a way to arrange that."
Finn shrugged, "I don't think that should be to hard to do." He didn't think it was a bad plan. If all of them wanted to join, that would only leave Dreylock. She, of course, would be out voted. "I can probably arrange that for you. When do you think you can go?"
"I would like to do it as soon as possible, without Isleen knowing about it. You know how much she worries, and I would hate for her to start screeching at me about leaving the planet." Peadar closed his book.
"And you expect that she won't find out until after you get back?" Finn knew that she didn't miss much.
"Her shift ends at the same time as mine. I can always tell her that I'm staying late to work with those SGC folks." He wore a smug look on his face as if he was proud of getting away with tricking Isleen.
"You know I underestimated you, Tully. I like the way you think." He snapped his fingers, and stood. "I think I'll go have a talk with those Aschen, right now." He stood and exited the room. As he walked down the hall he passed his sister, and flashed her a smile.
Isleen entered the lounge and closed the door. "Did he buy it?"
"What do you think?" Peadar stood and walked over to her. He slowly wrapped his arms around her slim waist and then pulled her close to him. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "He's so predictable." She smiled before they started to kiss.
Prometheus - Orbiting Earth
Colonel Pendergast left the ring room and started to walk towards the bridge. He was giving one of the lieutenants an order when he stammered, "but, Sir, that section of the ship is currently off limits."
"Off limits? By who's order?" Pendergast looked peeved that someone had given such an order without okaying it first with him.
"General Hammond, Sir." The lieutenant looked nervous. He didn't like the idea that his commanding officer had just been outranked on a decision that effected the ship. Granted he had no idea what they were doing in there. Sam was walking in their direction, she was being followed by Jonas, Siler, and Kyna. Under her arm, Sam was holding a mission folder. "Col. Pendergast, I'm glad we caught you, Sir." She extended the folder.
Pendergast took the folder and began to skim it over, "P4C-970, isn't that world off limits?"
"It is, Sir. But there is a good chance that Dr. Jackson might be imprisoned there or on one of the other three planets that are listed." Sam held her gaze on him. "So, is this a rescue mission or reconnaissance mission?" He raised a brow as he closed the folder to look at her.
Sam bit her lip before she responded. "Both, Sir. First we do reconnaissance to see which is the Aschen Home world. Then once we have an idea where on the planet Daniel is, it becomes a rescue mission."
"And how are we going to know where Dr. Jackson is to be found?" He held the folder in front of him. "Actually, Sir, that's what we were just working on. We don't know what type of advance technology the Aschen have that might be capable of blocking our sensors, so we just integrated an Ancient tracking device and scanner."
Pendergast looked shocked, but he covered it up quickly. "Where did we get those?"
"That's classified, Sir." Sam winced as she said that, she thought it sounded ridiculous coming out of her mouth as she stood on a classified ship that was orbiting Earth.
"Classified?" He shook his head as he looked at the other people that were with her. He recognized Siler, and knew Jonas's face from different reports that he read, however he could not see the face of the young woman with them since she was rather short and was wearing a green cap.
"Yes, sir. We're due back at the SGC, Sir." Sam pressed her lips together. She wanted to get a move on so that they could find Daniel as soon as possible. He nodded as he made his way up to his ready room to look over the mission report.
Ashen Home world - Morning
Daniel had fallen asleep on his mat when he was suddenly awakened by that voice...
"Daniel! Daniel, wake up!" Vala looked at the door and then shook him.
"Leave me alone." He turned over to face the other way. Why did she have to wake him up...? Daniel felt both of his arms being grabbed, and his body lifted off the floor. He quickly blinked and looked at the blurry men grabbing is arms. "I'm awake! I can walk!" The two men let him go. Daniel fell on the ground. He quickly unfolded his glasses and placed them on his face. The first thing he saw was Vala with her arms up in the air shrugging with a smirk on her face. Well... she did try to wake him up. "Dr. Jackson, if you would join us please."
"Right..." He slowly stood up and turned towards the door. Daniel scanned the room one last time before he left. Joe was still asleep on his mat.
Upon entering the hallway, Daniel noticed that yesterday's storm had cleared and that there was a bit more sun out today. "We aren't going to breakfast, are we?" He raised a brow as he looked at both of them.
Neither guard responded.
"Okay... I don't suppose you can tell me where we are going?" He pressed his lips together when he did not receive a response.
Several moments went by as they made their way in the direction that had be traveled the previous day. However, instead of stopping at Molum's office, they headed down the hallway in the opposite direction. Daniel was starting to get slightly nervous. Although he didn't show it. They entered a medical lab that housed a large Aschen computer terminal in the center, along with a chair that had straps hanging from it, and a hospital bed. Along the walls were lab tables with equipment on it. "Hello, Dr. Jackson." Molum stepped into his view. He was followed by a technician that was holding a rather large syringe.
Langara - Peadar Tully's Office
Jonas and Kyna had just arrived at Peadar Tully's office. They were both dressed in civilian attire. There were two chairs in front of the desk.
Jonas turned towards Kyna, "do you want to sit while we wait for him?"
She shook her head as she started to break off a piece of a power bar. "No, thanks. If I sit, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep." Kyna looked up at him as she gave him a lop sided smile.
"First all nighter?" Jonas asked, as he rubbed her back.
Kyna shrugged, "I don't recall if it is or isn't."
Peadar walked in, and cleared his throat as he walked around them to stand in front of them.
Jonas dropped his hand, and turned to close the door. Once done he looked back at Peadar. "We have the tracking device. The evidence is in my office."
Peadar nodded, his chiseled facial features seemed to look slightly more strained then normal. "What do I have to do?"
"Just stand there." Kyna handed the device to Jonas and she took out the scanner, "I'm going to do it to myself to demonstrate what's going to happen." She took out the scanner and past it over her body. She then took tracking device from Jonas and showed Peadar the screen. In the room that they were in there were three white dots. One of them had a extra outlining circle around it. "That one's me." She handed the tracking device back to Jonas, and then started to scan Peadar. Once done she turned towards Jonas and asked, "Do you want to get scanned too?"
"Well, I..." Jonas noticed several other white dots moving towards them. He quickly stuck the tracking device into his pocket as he said, "we have company."
Kyna's eyes widened as she stuck the scanner into her pocket.
Not wanting to take any chances, Peadar went to the door and opened it. He was facing them as he spoke, "Thank you Jonas Quinn for introducing me to Ky Na. From the planet Diora?"
Kyna blinked several times as she quickly understood what he was doing, and then shook her head. "No, it's Diorra, you have to roll your 'rr's like this," She demonstrated. "Like this," Peadar tried to mimic her.
Jonas just watched them for a moment before he turned and looked out into the hallway. Standing there was Finn and the Aschen Borren.
Finn held a look of embarrassment on his face as he watched Peadar trying to mimic the young woman's pronunciation of her planet's name.
Borren, held no apparent emotions on his face.
Jonas nodded towards Finn, "Hello Finn, and I recall seeing you in the stairwell several hours ago. You're Borren, right?"
"That is correct. I seem to not have received your name." He slightly tilted his head.
"Jonas Quinn." He didn't want to give him any more information than that.
"And her?" He motioned towards the young woman.
Kyna was still trying to get Peadar to say the name right. Even though it was an act, she wanted to make it as believable as possible.
"Excuse me, Ambassador Ky Na." Jonas felt extremely uncomfortable saying her name like that, but he was keen enough to understand the act.
Kyna blinked several times as she turned towards Jonas. She pretended to be oblivious of the other two gentlemen. "Yes?" She tilted her head to one side.
Jonas smiled, "remember those men we met earlier?"
Kyna nodded slowly. "Yes..." She held an uncertain look on her face, and then it brighten. "Yes, I do. The Aschen with the box. Now I remember, yes... yes I do."
"Borren, wants to know who you are." He motioned towards Finn and Borren with his head.
Kyna pretended to be confused, but then once she turned her head towards them she drew a smile on her face. "Ah yes! Mister Borren! I am Ky Na from Dorria. Home of plenty of farm land, sheep, and loads of cottage industries. Are you seeking to find new trading partners too?" As she said her name she bowed as she brought her hands together with her elbows held up to form a straight line. She then turned her palms out as she returned to her normal stance.
"We are considering the Langarans for acceptance into the Aschen Confederation. I am going to be taking Peadar Tully and Finn Yldeard on a tour of one of our facilities on the Aschen Home World. Would you like to join us?"
Aschen Home World - Medical Lab
Daniel saw the syringe and gulped. He tried to back up but was seized by the guards on both of his sides.
"Dr. Jackson, please extend your arm." The technician instructed him. He looked mildly bored with the situation, but that was because he had been working for the part twenty hours adjusting the serum to fit his physiology.
Daniel looked at the man as if he were crazy. "No"
Molum stepped forward, "Dr. Jackson, we could do this the easy way or the hard way. Although we do prefer you to comply with our request."
"You're not going to sterilize me with that stuff?" He looked down at the syringe and then back at Molum.
"If we wanted to do that, we would have done it already." Molum answered, "Extend your arm."
Daniel shrugged, and in a rather nonchalant manner added. "What choice do I have?"
The guards relaxed their grip on him before letting him go.
Daniel stuck his arm out, and as the technician went insert the needle, he acted. Daniel kicked the syringe out of his hand and then elbowed the closest guard in the stomach and pushed him into the other guard. Daniel then ran though the door and down the hall.
Gate Room - SGC
"YOU ALLOWED HER TO DO WHAT?!" Jack slapped the palm of his hand to his own forehead. "For the love of Pete..." He turned and glared at Jonas. "That's the last time I lend you our Ancient." He said in a much lower voice.
Jonas couldn't believe he just heard Jack refer to Kyna as 'our Ancient'. "That's the last time I lend you our Ancient? Come on, Jack, you should know better than anyone that Kyna has a mind of her own. Besides that, she's not property, she's a human being, well more than a human being; you know what I mean." He sounded equally defensive.
"And that's why we try to keep her out of harm's way as much as possible. Giving her to the enemy is not keeping her out of harm's way. There is no telling what those rat bastards will do to her if they find out what she is." He let out a strained breath.
Jonas raised his brows, "you don't think I know that? Right now, they think she's a representative from a planet called Dorria. And the longer we stand here arguing about what she's doing, the longer she will be on that planet without backup."
Jack knew he was right, he pointed towards where the ring platform would appear. "Then go give her backup!"
Jonas moved to the center of the ring.
"Walter! Beam him up!"
Aschen Home World - Hall Way
Daniel managed to make his way down the hall and into another corridor. The best plan that he could think of would be to find some sort of communications terminal, and contact home.
Else where in the facility, Kyna, Finn and Peadar came though the Stargate with Borren.
Kyna's sharp eyes picked up every little detail about the entrance to the facility. They were in an open pit that offered little protection. The ceiling was completely glass that could easily be retracted. She noted that along the walls were circular glass orbs that could easily be mistaken for an architectural detail. Though with her ancient vision, she was capable of seeing though the clouded glass, and knew that they were something else completely.
"Right this way." Borren directed them though a machine that looked like a metal detector.
Kyna inspected the machine before walking though it, just like someone who had limited access to advance technologies would. Peadar and Finn walked directly though it without a problem.
Kyna timidly stepped though it, and was stopped by the security guard. He swept a long wand across her body, and stopped along her waist where her coat pockets where.
"Please empty your pockets Miss." The guard said in stern manner.
The only thing Kyna had in her pockets was the scanner. She slowly pulled it out.
Borren reached over and took it out of her hand, "what is this?"
"That, Mister Borren, is a Light Beam! I traded six bags of Deshi Wool for that! Which means it is rather expensive! When I'm not helping my government to look for trading partners, I practice medicine, and that thing there helps me to see if a person's pupils dilate when they have been injured." Kyna raised her chin several inches, and gave him a look that suggested that she meant what she said.
After taking one last glance at it, Borren handed it back to her. "If you decide to join the Aschen Confederation, such archaic practices will no longer be necessary since we are capable of providing medical treatment for all of your people." He had also noted that she mentioned that she had traded for it. Perhaps this woman could introduce them to more worlds that they could incorporate into their confederation.
Kyna placed it back into her pocket, and gently patted it with a smile on her lips to show that she was pleased to receive it back.
Borren motioned for them to follow him up the escalator. Despite what had just happened, Finn had a huge smile on his face. He was already impressed.
"Tell me Mister Borren, how safe are we here? Are the Goa'uld no longer a threat to your world?" She continued to take in every detail of their surroundings.
"The Goa'uld have not been a threat at any point in our recent history. And as to being safe, the Stargate is the heaviest guarded location on the entire planet." Borren pointed to the glass orbs and explained their function. "Do you have a similar system in orbit around your planet?" Peadar asked as he tried to add to the conversation.
"We do." As if thinking he had said too much, Borren started to speak about the part of the facility that they were presently in.
Prometheus - Subspace
Jonas entered the section of the ship where they had integrated the Ancient sensors.
Sam was currently explaining to Colonel Pendergast and one of his officers how it worked. Of course she didn't know everything about that, she needed Kyna for that, but what she did know was gathered from a crash course the girl gave her as she integrated the system. "It can even monitor everyone on board this ship, much like what the Asgard have on their ships." She pressed several buttons to show him what she meant. On the overhead screen popped up the layout of the ship, and lots of tiny white dots walking around inside of it.
Jonas joined in, "each person needs to be scanned in for the sensors to know exactly who you are looking at."
"Scanned in?" Pendergast asked, "with what?" He looked around to see if he could spot the foreign piece of technology that he was referring to. "That's not on board." Jonas slightly winced.
Sam's brows came together, "What do you mean it's not on board?" She did not know that Kyna was not on board.
"It's actually on an away mission right now." Jonas hated being vague, but Pendergast didn't know about Kyna. He wasn't going to be the one to fill him in about her. On the screen, a star chart popped up.
Sam turned towards it, and frowned. "What the...?" "Sir, that's the system we're heading towards." The middle age officer informed him.
Sam tried to press several buttons, but nothing was working. "It must be malfunctioning..."
A large blue planet with many small islands popped up on the screen. On one of the larger islands was a flashing pin sized white circle. Pendergast turned towards his officer, set a coarse for that planet, but keep a discrete distance.
"Yes, Sir." The officer exited.
Pendergast turned to leave as well. "Col. Carter, I want as much intel about that planet as possible before we proceed."
Aschen Home World - Twenty Minutes Later
Daniel had done a pretty good job evading the guards. He was surprised by the fact that they didn't seem to have any security cameras or some sort of heat sensors to detect where he was. Currently he was making his way down the long hallway that he took to get to Molum's office.
In one of the offices that Daniel passed by, a lone worker spotted him. He was about to shout out to let the guards know that a prisoner escaped. However, Daniel ran as fast as he could towards the man, and punched him across the face.
The man stumbled back and bumped his head on the door frame. He crumbled to the floor in an unconscious state.
Daniel first shook out his throbbing fist, and then checked to make sure the man was alive. Upon finding a pulse, he dragged him into the office. He knew that he had to get out of those red scrubs, and this was his chance to do so.
Several moments later, after putting on the worker's uniform, and upon seeing that the coast was clear. Daniel tried to turn it on the terminal that he found in that office. He pressed his lips together when it wouldn't work. Then he thought about the way Molum turned on the terminal in his office, and repeated that process. It came to life, and after spending several minutes trying to figure out how to use it, Daniel gave up. He was afraid that they would be able to detect that he activated it. So, he decided to find a new place to hide.
Feeling frustrated, Daniel made his way to the door once more. He checked to make sure that the coast was clear, and upon seeing that it was, he made his way down the hall. However this time, he did his best to walk in a nonchalant manner, and not run like he was doing before.
If he couldn't contact Earth by using a terminal, he felt that the next best thing was to learn the layout of the facility that he was in. Hopefully he would be able to find the Stargate and figure out someway to get though it without being detected.
Even though Daniel did his best to blend in, at one point or another he was spotted by security. Unfortunately, Daniel was unaware of the fact that he had been discovered.
He turned around a corner to come within several meters of a small tour group. At first he thought that he was seeing things, but he recognized all three of the people that were dressed differently then the Aschen.
Kyna froze as she came within meters of Daniel. She wanted to call out to him, and tell him that they would save him, but she couldn't. If she did, then they would likely imprison all three of them as well. As they made eye contact, Daniel was shot in the back by the same type of stun gun that Molum had used on him earlier.
Kyna gasped and ran over to his side. She took out the scanner, and pretended to check his eyes with it.
"What are you doing?" Molum marched over to her.
"This man was just shot." She looked up at him, as she twisted her wrist to let the light from the scanner completely cover him. "I was checking to see if he was still alive."
"This man is an escaped prisoner, and is extremely dangerous." Molum continued to watch her, he hadn't noticed the other two men that she was on the tour with.
"I see." Kyna gave him a sweet smile, and placed her scanner in her pocket. "Then I'll have nothing further to do with him." She past her hands over one another, pretending that she was cleaning dirt off of them. She then used her right hand and passed it over Daniel's head as she closed her eyes. The least she could do for him was to make sure that he would be knocked out longer than the Aschen wanted him to be. The only problem was that once she stepped back though the Stargate he would wake up.
Molum turned and walked off in the opposite direction. Two security guards picked up Daniel and followed him back towards the lab.
"Mr. Borren, am I going to have to wait here all day or are you going to help me up?" She raised a brow as she turned to look at the man who was giving them the tour.
Unused to such behavior, Borren quickly complied.
Finn frowned, he had recognized the man that they had as Daniel Jackson, and wondered if the Earthlings knew he was missing. After another moment or two, he started to put the pieces of the puzzle together, and realized that Dr. Jackson was the criminal that he had helped to smuggle off his planet. It wouldn't be too long before his anxiety levels increased enough for him to start to feel ill.
At that point Borren was going into another long and boring explanations about the structure that they were in. He wanted to save face about having Dr. Jackson being stunned in front of them, so he decided to tell them about how little crime there is on their home world.
Peadar asked about the type of treatment that the poisoners that they do have get, and where they tend to be located. Borren went into a whole explanation about that and started to escort them towards their brig. However, after several moments he noticed Finn's coloring. "Do you require medical assistance?"
"I'm really not feeling well, I have a umm... headache, is it alright if we returned at another time to finish our tour. I would really like to go home and lie down." Finn lied though the skin of his teeth.
"Of course, we could rid you of your headache instead if you like." Borren didn't understand his behavior. "I wouldn't want to trouble you. I rather just go home." Finn held up his hand as he spoke, and the let it fall after the last word was said.
"As you wish." Borren replied.
Prometheus Bridge - Subspace
"Sir, we're approaching the system." The helmswoman informed Pendergast.
"When we reach the edge of the system, drop out of subspace and begin scanning for defensive weapons." Pendergast rubbed his chin.
"Yes, Sir."
Sam walked on to the bridge. "We were able to get the long range scanner to magnify the planet. The interesting thing about it is that while we were doing it, another dot appeared." Sam tapped her thighs with the palms of her hands.
"Another dot?" Pendergast raised a brow.
"Our inside person was able to scan Dr. Jackson, Sir. At least that's what we believe." Sam informed him.
Over Sam's radio Jonas's voice could be heard. "Sam come in, please."
Sam pressed the side button on hers and spoke, "Yes, Jonas?"
"Our inside person has left the facility."
Several moments later, The Prometheus dropped out of Subspace.
"Sir, we're receiving a message from Stargate Command." The communications officer, held onto their ear piece. "They said that there is a defense perimeter around the planet." Pendergast frowned, "Scan for the defense perimeter."
"Yes, Sir."
SGC - Gate Room
Kyna took in a deep breath, hearing Jack give Walter the order to tell the Prometheus about the defense perimeter. Peadar has stayed on his planet to inform Isleen of their progress, and to see if he could talk to Finn about Dr. Jackson being on the planet. "We need to get back to that planet, I saw Daniel, he had escaped but they caught him again." She turned and started to run towards the blast door.
"Hold up, where do you think you're going?" Jack called after her.
"To get in my away mission gear! Oh, and who ever goes needs to wear as much armor as possible, have them bring those big shield things!" She turned to go.
"Dior, you are not going anywhere!" Jack started to march towards her.
"Jack this is Daniel! I'm going!" She clenched her jaw together. Kyna couldn't believe that he was going to give her this garbage.
"No you're not." He said in a clam, yet firm voice.
"Yes, I am!" She rose on to her tip toes to get closer to his height.
Jack stared right into her eyes, and calmly said, "I am not going to allow you to risk your life and the lives of those people who will be on this mission. You have no field training, and are..." He paused trying to think of the right adjective, "priceless. We can't afford to lose you."
"Jack..." Kyna whined, "You're not going to lose me, if I get hurt, I heal really quickly. And if anyone else gets hurt, I can heal them too. Besides, I've been on a dangerous mission before, did I let you down then?"
"No, you didn't" Jack frowned.
"Please Jack, they won't know where to look for him. The scanner is on the Prometheus. I can sence Daniel a mile away. Really, I can." Kyna pouted her lips.
Jack was running out of patience, and time. "Jonas wouldn't want you to go."
Kyna narrowed her eyes, "Jonas trusts me."
"You don't think I trust you?" Now his head was starting to hurt, so he started to rub his forehead."
Kyna crossed her arms in front of her chest, and raised an eyebrow like Teal'c.
"Okay, okay, I admit that it the past, you haven't had my complete trust..."
"I'm glad that you're willing to admit that." She smiled and started down the hall towards the elevator. Jack clenched his jaw, and followed her. "Where are you going?"
"To get into my away mission gear." She pressed the button at the elevator.
"Dior..." Jack wanted to smack some sense into her, but refrained from doing so.
"If you are so worried about me, then why don't you come too?" She entered the elevator and gave him a smile. Normally she wouldn't have been so bold, but Daniel had seen her. She was able to sence his confusion and hope that he could escape.
The elevator door closed before Jack could respond.
Briefing Room - Fifteen Minutes Later
Kyna entered the Briefing Room to find SG10 and 12 along with Teal'c, Enapay, and Jack all dressed in their black off world gear. They all became silent when they noticed that she was there. Jack motioned for her to make her way up front. He had a flat screen computer in his hand and a pen that went with it in the other. "Since, you're the only one who has been across enemy lines, I want you to lead the briefing."
Kyna's eyes widened, but luckily due to her short stature and the fact that she was wearing a cap, no one was able to see her surprise. She made her way to front of the room, and took the computer and pen from Jack. As she talked, she drew the pit that they would find on the other side of the gate. "From what I can tell, the heaviest armored area is the pit that we will find on the other side of the gate. The stargate is in the center, and there is a security station near by. However our main concern is the orbs that are about twenty feet above the ground, and circle the entire perimeter of the pit..."
Meanwhile - Prometheus
Sam sat at the scanner council. She was scanning for the power source of the Aschen Orbital Defense Grid.
Pendergast sat in chair rubbing his chin. "Report."
"I'm picking up several power sources, Sir." Sam continued to work at her station.
"Can you tell if they are all interconnected, or does each power source generate energy for a specific area around the planet?" Pendergast asked as he formatted his plan of attack.
"It appears that the power sources give energy to several different quadrants with in their defense grid." Sam looked over her shoulder at him.
"Can you tell if the power sources are connected to the electricity on the planet?"
Sam worked on it for another few minutes, "they are, Sir."
"Excellent. We are going to perform a hit and run operation. There is no sence in us staying here and engaging this enemy." He looked at the helm. "Take us into a parallel orbit of Dr. Jackson's location just out of their sensor range. We're going to take out the power source of that quadrant."
"Yes, sir" The helmswoman did as she was ordered.
"We'll still be in firing range of the other quadrants, Sir." Sam looked concerned, they had no idea how powerful their weapons there were.
"Then we'll just have to see how well the Asgard Shields hold out against their defenses." He turned towards the person at the communications station. "Contact the SGC."
SGC - Briefing Room Walter popped his head into the Briefing Room. "General, Col. Pendergast wants to coordinate our ETA and plan of attack."
Jack turned towards Kyna, "Are we done here, Dior?"
Kyna quickly went over everything that she saw and said in her mind and nodded. "Yes, sir." She felt funny calling him, 'Sir' but she felt that it was appropriate in this situation.
Jack looked at his watch, "Tell Pendergast to start firing in ten minutes." He made his way to the Control Room to coordinate their plan with Pendergast's.
Walter nodded, "Yes, sir." He looked at his watch before going back into the Control Room.
Aschen Home World - Lab
Molum was growing impatient, even though he didn't show it. Daniel was still unconscious and was strapped into a chair with his head slumped over. "Wake him."
"But, Sir..." The lab technician knew it was dangerous to do so at this time due to the type of shock they sent though his system to knock him out.
"Do it." He shifted his weight on his feet.
The technician nodded and then he started to syntheses the proper chemical to inject Dr. Jackson with.
Meanwhile - Aschen Holding Cell
"Do you have any idea what they are doing with him?" Vala stood at the doorway waiting to see Daniel walk back towards the cell.
"I'm not sure." Joe rubbed his forehead.
"Maybe they are interrogating him, what do you think?" She frowned, "though I'm not sure what they expect to get out of him."
"Information about Earth, most likely ..." Joe said in a glum voice.
"That backwater? I don't see why they should care to know about that place." She started to tap her fingers on her elbows.
"What do you know about Earth?" He turned towards her. He was interested in finding out other people think about his home world.
"Not much, they had a run in with a bit of luck a while back," Vala shrugged.
Joe nodded slowly, "what kind of luck?"
"Oh, you know, they were in the right place at the right time, and helped to bring down the Replicators and Gao'uld." She smiled as she saw his eyes lighten up.
Joe couldn't believe it, he had no idea who the Replicators were, but he knew of the Gao'uld. "Did you just say..."
A loud blast could be heard echoing thought the building as the sky lit up in fire.
Prometheus
Lights were flashing on many of the different councils as he ship took laser fire from the planet.
"Shields down to eighty percent."
"They keep deflecting our attack, Sir." The weapons officer spoke out loud. Pendergast turned towards that person, "Use the auxiliary rail gun as well."
"Sir, they sent that to Pegasus." The weapon's officer reminded him.
"The shields are down to seventy five percent."
"Then use what ever fire power we've got left." He ordered all they had to do was take out their power source.
"Yes, Sir." The Prometheus opened fire with everything it got.
Meanwhile - SGC - Gate Room
"Chevron Six, encoded" Walter announced over the loud speaker.
"You can back out of this right now, and no one will think less of you." Jack said to Kyna in a low voice.
Kyna opened her Zat, and then looked up at him with narrow eyes as the seventh chevron locked. She then made her way into the circle of shields that the other SG teams were holding.
Jack followed her, he shook his head as he opened his Zat as well.
The wormhole became established.
The group ran towards the Event Horizon. As soon as the reached the other side the laser defense network activated. Teal'c, Enapay, Jack and Kyna start to fire their Zats at the orbs, while the others held up the shields to block the lasers. However the laser fire was starting to eat though the metal of the shields.
One of the officers turned towards Jack as he saw the front of his shields start to turn red. "Sir, the lasers are about to penetrate the shields!"
"Maintain your position!" Jack ordered as they finished taking out half of the orbs.
Kyna tried to move faster but the smell of the burning metal reached her nostrils. She couldn't help it, something in her mind just snapped. The zat in her hands fell to the ground as she extended her hands out to her sides.
Teal'c's brow rose as he saw the laser fire stop and then retreat back into the orbs shattering them to pieces. Meanwhile Enapay and Jack were taking out the orbs that were behind Kyna. They had not notice her use of telekinetic energy to reflex the laser attack.
After the orbs to the her sides were shattered. Kyna moved her hands forward and stopped the laser fire in that direction, just as one of the lasers penetrate a shield. It was about to go straight into Teal'c's skull. Instead, Kyna made it do a hundred eighty turn, back in the direction it came from and in to it's orb.
Teal'c turned towards her as he saw the Zat jump back into her right hand. "Thank you."
Kyna simply nodded.
Another bright flash appeared in the sky. The lights flickered off for two seconds, but ten came back on.
Jack stated the obvious, "Back up generators, should have seen that one." He took out the last orb in the direction that he was facing. In a much louder voice, "Let's move out! Teal'c,watch our six, I'll take point. SG10 guard the gate, SG12 secure the upper section." He started towards the escalator.
The SG teams dropped their shields and grabbed their P-90s as they started to get into their defensive positions.
Kyna stayed on Jack's heals. She shot two Aschen running their way with her Zat.
Jack was surprised, they went down before he even knew that they were there. "Nice shot."
"Thanks, this way." She pointed down the hall in the direction that Daniel was located in.
Meanwhile - Holding Cell
Vala had been standing by the doorway. When the power glitch occurred, she quickly tried to go though the doorway and was successful. However, the power kicked back on before Joe could get to the door.
"Can you open it?" He asked her.
Vala looked at the control council by the door, and then started to press some of the buttons. "I'm not familiar with their technology."
"Stop right there!" A guard called, he raised his stun gun as he ran towards her. A second guard followed him.
Vala continued to work on the controls as best as she could up until the guard was about a meter away from her. She turned towards him, and quickly kicked him in the knee cap. As he fell to the ground she used her right hook to knock him out.
The other guard saw his comrade fall to the ground and moved with more caution. He took out his stun gun, and shot at her.
Vala quickly rolled over the council as the electrical current just missed her arm. The second shot hit the council as she reached the ground. She quickly kicked the gun out of the guard's hand with a fan kick. Then she took a step and did a roundhouse kick to his forehead. He fell against the wall and was knocked unconscious.
Meanwhile, the electric current shorted out the council, and the force field around the cell dropped.
Joe came out of the door, "remind me never to get you mad."
Vala smirked, and then turned to go one way down the hall.
Joe wanted to go in the direction that Daniel was in. "The Stargate's that way." He pointed in the direction in which he wanted to go.
"I think it's best that we split up." She picked up one of the stun guns and handed it to Joe. She then started to drag the guard into the cell. Joe went and dragged the other one into the cell as well. He took his stun gun out of his hand. Then he looked up at her, "I rather not split up, but if that's what you want."
Vala nodded, "it is."
"Good luck, then." He nodded his head.
Vala gave him a smile, "good luck." She started down the hall in the direction in which she had chosen to travel in.
Joe watched her for several seconds before he turned to go find Dr. Jackson.
Aschen Lab
Borren entered the Lab, "A ship is attacking the planet from orbit."
Molum turned towards the technician. "Do you have that chemical yet?"
"No, sir. This takes..."
"Finish it now." Molum ordered, he turned back towards Borren. "Has the ship been identified?"
The technician quickly finished, and then started to walk over towards Daniel. In the hall way beyond the door, Zat fire can be heard.
Molum and Borren exchanged looks. Molum quickly went to the computer council and brought up the status of the facility. "Main power is out. The laser defense system has been compromised."
"Wouldn't the facility gone into lock down mode if there were intruders?" Borren went over to the council as well.
"The generators were only able to power the laser defense system, and locked down twenty five percent of the building. The alarms did not go off, either." He tried to reroute power from the locked down section of the building to theirs.
The technician didn't know what to do. He just stood there with the needle in hand.
Molum looked up at him, "inject Dr. Jackson."
The technician nodded and walked over to Daniel.
"Hold up!" Jack came into the room with his P-90 in hand. He had it pointed at in the Aschens' general direction.
Kyna walked in slowly, she had her Zat in her right hand.
"Col. O'Neill, I'm surprised to see you." Molum started to walk slowly towards Daniel. He did not appear to have any emotions on his face.
"It's General now, and I said to stand still." Jack sounded annoyed.
"My apologies," Molum said in a condensing manner.
"All we want is Dr. Jackson back, and we'll leave you in peace. Now, all of you stand over in that corner." He motioned with his gun.
"You have committed high crimes against the Aschen Confederation, and will have to suffer the consequences." Borren said as he moved towards the corner with the technician. He looked from Jack and then towards Kyna. He didn't recognize her with her helmet on.
"And you wanted to sterilize our population, steal our planet, and turn into one big farm." Jack raised a brow. "Molum please go to the corner." Molum stood his ground; he was about two feet away from Daniel. "Dior, shoot him with your Zat or I'll have to take him out."
Kyna was concerned that shooting the Zat at someone near Daniel. She felt that it would endanger him in his current condition. "They used an electrical stun..."
"That was an order."
Kyna winced and shot Molum with the Zat, and then turned to do the same thing to Borren and the technician. "That was such a bad idea..." She said with distress in her voice as she ran over to Daniel.
"What is it?" Jack frowned.
Kyna checked Daniel's pulse. "He's gone into cardiac arrest. The EMP field that was generated from the Zat blast interacted with the electrical charge that they use to knock him out."
Meanwhile - Prometheus
"Shields are down to forty five percent!"
"Have we hit their power source?" Pendergast was getting anxious, he didn't want the shields falling below twenty five percent another few direct hits and they would be there.
Sam checked the read outs again, "the main power source has been knocked out, however I'm still reading energy out puts from the region that it supplied power to." She then went on her radio, "Jonas, is Daniel still on the planet?"
"Yes, I believe Kyna's now in the same room with him. Either they've been captured or they're in the process of rescuing him."
Sam turned towards Pendergast, "I don't think there is anything else we can do."
"Contact General O'Neill."
Sam moved over to the communications station.
Meanwhile - Aschen Lab
Jack winced, "Well why didn't you say something?" Then he remembered that she did.
Kyna just blocked Jack out of her mind. She couldn't let him deter her concentration. She placed one hand over his head, and the other one over his heart, and started to heal him.
Jack watched Daniel's skin glow bright pink for the duration of about second before Kyna dropped her hands. As she fainted, Daniel's fluttered opened.
It only took a moment, but Daniel's vision cleared and then he tested the restraints on his arms and legs.
Jack called over his shoulder, "Teal'c we need some help in here."
Teal'c came in, "how can I be of assistance?"
"Teal'c! Jack! How did you find me?" Daniel finally noticed them and then started to look around. He noticed the Aschen in the corner, and then Kyna who was passed out on the ground. "Umm... someone should check on her."
Teal'c bent down next to Kyna, "She's breathing." Not knowing what else to do for her, he turned and started to undo the binds around Daniel's arms.
"We'll explain everything once we get back to the SGC." Jack said in pleased manner, he was glad that they now had Daniel back, but he wasn't going to celebrate until they were all home safely.
Over their radios Sam's voice could be heard, "General O'Neill, we're taking heavy fire, permission to retreat."
Jack went on his radio, "Granted, we're about to wrap things up down here."
Once Daniel was free he bent down on the ground and tried to wake her. He looked up at Teal'c, "Can you carry her out?"
Teal'c didn't even reply he just picked her up and positioned her over his shoulder so that he could still have one hand free to use his weapon.
After Jack saw that everyone was ready, he motioned towards the door. "Let's move out." He went into the hall. He wanted to get though the gate before the Aschen came to.
Teal'c followed Jack out, and Daniel was right behind them. Enapay watched their backs as they made their way down the hall.
"Jack! We have to go get the Ambassador. They've been holding him here for years." Daniel didn't think that he could leave the planet without him, it just wouldn't be right.
Jack pressed his lips together, he couldn't leave a man behind. "Do you know where to find him?"
"Yes, it's down that hall." He pointed in the direction of the holding cell.
"Well, the gate is that way." Jack pointed down a side corridor, and then turned towards Teal'c. "Take Enapay and get her back to the SGC."
Teal'c nodded, he rather go with them, but at the moment the Ancient was his biggest concern.
Enapay was reluctant to split up, but he did not voice it. He followed Teal'c towards the gate.
Jack and Daniel ran in the direction of the holding cell. It was not too long before they heard voices.
"This one almost escaped."
"What should we do with him?"
"Take him back to his cell, and add an extra guard."
Jack and Daniel crept their way over towards the direction where they heard the voices. Jack peeked around the corner. Two men were dragging Joe, while a third was watching them.
Not wanting to repeat his mistake from before, Jack quickly tipped toed behind the third Aschen and shot his Zat directly into his back.
The two guards heard the man fall, and started to turn. They were surprised to find both Daniel and Jack's fists heading straight into their temples.
After the two men fell down, Jack and Daniel picked Joe up, and started back the way they came.
"I guess they feed their prisoners well." Jack said in a joking manner. That or sitting behind a desk all the time was making him feel weak. He made a note to himself to go to the gym more often.
"Jack there was another prisoner in the cell as well..." Daniel felt both resentment and concern for the annoying woman. She had hurt his pride when she stole the Prometheus, but at the same time she was in the same situation as he was and should be helped.
"Look if the Ambassador got out, then I'm sure the other prisoner did as well. And right now we have no idea where they are at. Do you think that person can take care of themselves?" Jack really didn't want to go and find this person. His main concern was for his own people, but he did feel a nagging tug at his heart. He didn't like leaving anyone behind.
Daniel thought for a moment. Vala was extremely resourceful. "Yes. Yes I think that they are capable of escaping on their own."
"Well, that's good enough for me!"
Upper Corridor Near the Gate Pit
Teal'c and Enapay had been fortunate, they did not run into any Aschen guards. Upon seeing SG12, Teal'c called out "Col. Dmire, send her back though the gate." He took Kyna off of his shoulder and handed her to him.
"Where's the General?" Dmire asked as he took the girl into his arms.
"Rescuing another prisoner, we're going back to see if we can be of some assistance." Teal'c nodded and turned around with Enapay to head back in the direction from which they came.
Dmire was in a bit of a pickle, two of his men were guarding eight Aschen that had tried to make their way towards the Gate. Which left himself and another to guard the upper section. He called down to Col. Wrzesinski. "Can you have one of your men bring her back?"
Wrzesinski nodded, and pointed to one of her men to run up the escalator. She then ordered another one to dial the gate and use their GDO.
Back down the corridor Teal'c and Enapay ran into Daniel and Jack at about the same location where they had split up.
"Teal'c! I told you to bring Dior home." Jack wasn't too upset about him disobeying his order, but he knew that he still had to bring it up.
"I thought that you would be still be in need of our help, and apparently I was correct." Teal'c had a small smile on his lips. Both he and Enapay took Joe from Daniel and Jack.
"Stop them!" Molum called out as he ran down the corridor with several Aschen guards, each of them had a stun weapon in hand.
"For crying out loud!" Jack pressed himself against the wall, and started to shoot his Zat at them. He didn't want to kill anyone, but he sure was tempted to at this point.
Daniel was on the opposite side of the corridor, he fired his Zat as well. The last thing he wanted was to get hit by one of their energy weapons again.
Within several seconds the Aschen, including Molum, were on the ground.
"And stay down!" Jack had to use the old cliche as he gave the Aschen that order. Then in a lighter tone he said, "let's go home."
Several Hours Later - Infirmary - SGC
It must have been a dream, a really long and tiresome one. However there were some good points to it... But yes, it had to be a dream. All of those years of living alone must have finally driven her mad. Her eye lids were so heavy, but she knew she had to wake up. Augustus would be hungry.
As Kyna's eyes fluttered opened, she expected to see the frescos that littered the walls of the room she grew up in. She expected to be in her own bed, and in her own night cloths. But before she could make sence of what was happening, she felt someone else's hand slip into hers to give it a gentle squeeze. "Jonas?"
He kissed her knuckles, "I'm right here Sweety."
As her vision cleared she saw the gray walls. She had to shift her head in order to see him, "you're real." Kyna smiled, "you're not a dream."
When Jonas smiled, his dimples appeared, "I'm not a dream." The idea of her dreaming of him pleased him greatly. In a rather smug tone he added, "though, I admit that there are times when I see you in mine."
Kyna sighed, "perhaps one day soon we can dream together."
Jonas tilted his head, he wasn't exactly sure what she meant by that. "I'M FINE! Really I am, no more tests!" Daniel cried out as he tried to escape his adversary.
Jonas looked at Kyna, who nodded, and then pulled the curtain back far enough to see what was going on.
"Dr. Jackson, General O'Neill said that you went into cardiac arrest. We need to run as many tests as possible on you to make sure that there is no residual damage to your heart." Katrina was right on his heals.
Joe, who was several beds over from Kyna's shook his head. One of the nurses was checking his blood pressure. Towards Kyna and Jonas he said, "After being unconscious in that place, you should want to get as many tests done on you just to be sure they didn't do any experiments on you." He then turned his head towards Daniel.
Daniel sighed and frowned. "You're right..." He went over to one of the beds that was in-between Joe and Kyna.
Katrina gave Joe a smile, "Thank you." She then turned towards Kyna, "Don't grin, you're next." She walked away to get her stethoscope.
"That woman enjoys her job, way to much." Daniel watched her as he shook his head.
Sam walked into the Infirmary, and straight towards Jonas. "First Minister Dreylock dialed in a few moments ago, she wants to see you."
Jonas's smile turned into a frown. He wondered if the Aschen returned to Langara or if Peadar Tully brought forth their evidence. He turned towards Kyna, "I'll be back as soon as I can."
Kyna pouted she wanted to go with him. But she did not say anything because she knew she wasn't cleared to leave the Infirmary yet.
Jonas gave her hand one final squeeze before leaving the Infirmary.
Sam didn't know who to talk to first. She wanted to thank Joe for what he did for them all those years ago, but at the same time she wanted to make sure Daniel was okay.
"How's the Prometheus fairing?" Daniel asked, shortly after returning to the SGC he was told that Sam would be coming back on board that ship.
Sam had a wishy washy look on her face. "Pretty decent, the shields need to be repaired of course, but besides that there were several other minor repairs that need to be made." She had something on her mind that was bothering her.
"What is it Sam?" Daniel knew that look on her face.
"Well right before we entered subspace, we detected a ship leaving the Aschen Home World. It cleared the line of fire, but beyond that I have no idea who was in it or why it was being fired at." She shrugged.
Daniel and Joe exchanged looks, they had a pretty good idea who it was.
Sam looked at Joe, "Though the good thing about taking the Prometheus out before we completely fixed it was that our Asgard beaming technology was still down. We never would have been able to pin point you with that from orbit." She gave him a smile. "Oh! Which reminds me, I have to get back to work on that. I promised General O'Neill that would be fixed by the end of this week." She headed out, "See you later!"
Joe just shook his head, "I feel like I've missed so much." He looked at Daniel, "How am I ever going to get my life back on track?"
"With time and patience, my friend." Daniel gave him a warm smile.
Briefing Room
Jones walked into the room to find a box on the table along with First Minister Dreylock looking out of the window down at the gate below. He made his way over towards her and looked out the window to see what she was watching. "What's happening?"
"In the best interest of keeping our world safe, the international community of this planet has agreed to lend us an iris." She looked up at him with a small smile on her lips as she clasped her hands together.
Jonas smiled, "That's great!" He looked back over at the box, "there's a price tag on this loan, isn't there?"
Dreylock nodded, "we had to give them a small payment of Naquadria." She let out a small sigh, "it is for the best, I am sure." She turned back towards the window to see that the room was empty once more.
"Has Peadar Tully brought the evidence against the Aschen to Barron Yldeard's attention?" Jonas asked.
"Not yet, he wants you to be there along with Dr. Jackson. Isleen believes that Finn's composure will crack if Dr. Jackson is the one to make the accusation that he was kidnaped by the Aschen with the help of one of our people."
The Next Morning - Langara - SBO Mission Room
Barron Yldeard sat in the front row listening to what Jonas Quinn had to say. He viewed the newspaper articles along with the mission reports from SG-1. Then there were the witnesses, Joseph Faxon, Ky Na from Dorria, and then lastly Dr. Jackson, who was currently speaking.
"Now, we don't want to tell you how to run your planet, but we do hope that you at least listen to our advise and consider all the facts." Daniel had his brows together with a sincere look on his face. His hands were pressed together as he looked down at the Barron from his spot in front of the room.
Kleari looked around at everyone, all eyes were on him. "It is hard to look at the facts, Sir, when only one side of the story is being presented. Perhaps we should bring your accusations up with the Aschen and give them the opportunity to defend themselves." He raised a brow, he didn't want to lose the economic opportunity that they brought to their world.
"Quite frankly, I don't trust these Aschen, why would the Earthlings possibly lie to us? To get more Naquadria out of us? I don't believe that the humans of Earth are that petty, father. What they said does have some merit to it, and we should be a bit more cautious with who we deal with." Isleen held her chin up as she spoke.
"Quite frankly my dear, no one asked for your opinion." The Barron turned towards his son, who had lost all the color in is face and appeared to not be feeling too well. He brushed him off as well and turned back towards Dr. Jackson. "As I was saying..."
Jonas quickly cut him off as he thought of something, "excuse me, Barron Yldeard. The Aschen brought a large box with them to the base yesterday. Did anyone inspect it?"
The Barron frowned, he didn't like being interrupted, but now that he thought about it. "No, I do not recall them mentioning that they were bringing anything to this base."
Jonas and Kyna exchanged looks, they both ran out of the room and towards the stairs.
"Do you know where they are staying?" She asked.
Jonas looked over his shoulder, everyone was following them including the Barron. "Yes, I do. I hope your intuition is wrong about the box, and that it really is food."
"I hope so too..." She couldn't say anymore, she was getting tired out from running.
Several minutes went by as they made their way towards the Aschen Quarters. Upon reaching the door, they found that it was locked.
"I have the key," Peadar pushed his way to towards the front of the group. Each of the representatives had a skeleton key that opened all the doors on the base. Once he was able to get the lock open, everyone pushed into the room. The box was on the far wall next to the air panel.
"What do we do with it?" Asked Peadar.
"When we saw them, they said it was their food supply while staying on this base." Kyna informed the group.
"Open it!" The Barron ordered.
Daniel winced, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, it might be a booby-trap."
It was too late, the Barron had two of his guards open the box. Inside was a large round ball, it started to flash.
"It's one of their bio weapons, I've seen it before when they tried to send one to Earth." Joe slowly started to back away.
"I have an idea," Jonas ran to the far side of the box, "Daniel can you give me a hand."
Daniel's brows went up, he understood what he was about to do. "Clear the way!"
Everyone moved to the side as the two of them carried the box with the bio weapon out of the room. Isleen and Peadar were on their heals.
"What do you need us to do?" Isleen asked.
"Dial the Aschen Home World!" Jonas ordered.
"Right!" They both passed them and ran down the stairs towards their Gate Room. They needed two of them to open the iris that was installed the day before.
Once on the stairs they tried to move as fast as they could, the flashing lights on the ball were starting to speed up.
In the SBO Gate Room, Isleen and Peadar got the iris open, and Peadar ran over to the DHD and dialed the Aschen Home World.
As Daniel and Jonas entered the room the bio weapon was near critical mass. The event horizon was already established. They ran towards the gate and tossed it though.
Peadar went back over to the council with Isleen and they closed the iris. The worm hole closed as well..
Aschen Home World
Technician were busy fixing the Laser Defense System around the gate. Molum and Borren were over seeing their progress when the gate activated and an event horizon became established. Guards drew their stun guns and proceeded to the ramp to take defensive positions.
The Bio Weapon flew though the gate and landed several feet away from it as the event horizon deactivated. It went off before the Aschen could do anything about it.
Langara - SBO Gate Room
Finn ran into the room followed by his father. "Do you know what you just did?" He was breathing heavily.
"We just saved our world." Isleen walked over towards her brother and slapped him across the face. In his ear she whispered, "I know you had a part to play in Dr. Jackson's abduction, and if I were you I'd keep my mouth shut from now on. I too have men that are loyal to me, and were willing to let me know what you were doing."
Finn narrowed his eyes at his sister as she pulled her head away from his ear. He couldn't risk the further embarrassment in front of his father. He didn't want to be sent back to their country and be forced to head one of their minor businesses.
"Such manners, Isleen you should be ashamed of yourself." The Barron sneered as he walked past them, and then towards the others. Not wanting to ruin their arrangement with Earth, now that the one with the Aschen will never come into being, the Barron put on his good face. "I suppose I owe you an apology, Dr. Jackson. Thank you for saving our world, I hope this won't affect our current agreement?"
"That's not up to me. My people will look over our reports and we will get back to you." He crossed his arms in front of his chest.
"I see... Now if you would excuse me, I have business to attend too." He turned and walked towards the stairs, "FINN!" He bellowed as he stopped to look over his shoulder. The young man ran over to his father's heals, and they both proceeded though the door.
First Minister Dreylock couldn't help but smile, "You're going to want to have this." She handed Daniel an envelope, nodded, and then made her way towards the stairs as well.
"What is it?" He asked as he opened it, inside was a card with a set of numbers.
"Earth's GDO for our Gate." Jonas raised his brows, "It's part of our new security protocol."
Daniel smirked, "good idea."
Jonas shrugged, "we had good teachers." He gave Kyna a wink.
Isleen walked over towards the DHD, and dialed earth, she then proceeded to join Peadar at the Iris council. They opened it after the event horizon had become established.
Daniel typed in his GDO number and turned back towards them. "I'll let you know how things turn out." He nodded before walking though the event horizon.
Joe waved, and walked though the gate as well.
Isleen nudged Peadar to walk towards the opposite side of the room with her.
Kyna was the last to leave, she started to pout.
"Why the long face, Ms. Dior?" Jonas grinned as he walked over towards her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her close to his body.
"I'm going to miss you, Jonas Quinn, that's why. Aren't you going to miss me?" She couldn't understand why he was grinning at her like that.
"Of course I will." He brought his forehead down towards hers.
"Then why are you grinning?" Her eyes stared right into his.
"Because," he gave her a tiny kiss on the lips, "I feel lucky to have such a beautiful woman pouting over the thought of not being with me."
Kyna rubbed her nose against his before she touched her lips with his once more. Their blissful kiss was over before she knew it. "I'll see you soon," she whispered as she cupped the side of his face with her hand. She then walked backwards into the event horizon, not letting her eyes leave his.
((That's it for 2005! Thank you for reading please let me know what you think of this story! Stay tuned for Passing the Torch!))

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Amanda Eros