Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

The Aschen Confederation

by A Karswyll
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 12

Underground Bunker, O'Neill Farm, Blaine County, MT
August 24, 2010

Days after the unexpected visit from Daniel and Janet, Sam and Jack were in the bunker's debriefing room in front of an Asgärd communication stone engaged in an intergalactic teleconference with the leaders of the Jaffa supporters.

Jack had just finished informing the eight leaders that they had been contacted by Dr Jackson and Dr Fraiser with news that they, and Teal'c knew, about the Aschen sterilisation. He concluded the debriefing by inquiring if they had heard anything about Teal'c making inquiries.

Only Ishta indicated she had, but Hak'tyl with its primary female population had different relations with other Jaffa planets and had come to act in some ways as a Jaffa Switzerland by serving as neutral ground for all Jaffa planetary governments. Not quite the outcome the Hak'tyls had expected upon revealing their existence after Moloc's death in a gassing but an advantageous development for everyone.

"So, the question becomes, do we bring Teal'c in?" Jack asked.

Discussion arose between the Jaffa leaders to which Jack merely listened to. They knew the minds and thoughts of their kind far better than he, and if any of them had the slightest doubt then—no matter his personal history with Teal'c—the Chulak president would not be brought into the fold.

In the end the consensus was that while the Jaffa of Chulak—as most places—would not be very eager to help the humans of Earth as most felt the humans of Earth were to blame for the Aschen's actions. However, with the situation being 'an enemy of my enemy is my friend' they would give aid in the fight against the Aschen. Even more so when they learned that it was O'Neill—O'Neill who first fought the false gods and had warned his own people but been dismissed—that led the resistance.

"Okay than, you are in agreement? Teal'c is to be approached?"

Eight holographic heads nodded.

"What of Dr Jackson?" Maz'rai inquired.

"What about him?" Jack asked.

"Shall he be approached as well? Now that he knows and considering his past history of… intolerance of social inequalities," Ishta said delicately having had political dealings with the man in the early months of Hak'tyls revealing themselves.

Jack grunted at the question. It was something he was still pondering himself. He did not want his personal feelings to cloud his opinion but considering the danger that Daniel could be in, or create, if he went off on one of his crusades… It might be safest for the resistance if they brought him in.

"I'm still considering," Jack said shortly.

"Might I suggest he be brought in," Ah'zar formerly of Ba'al's Jaffa stated, "for placating Earth after the Veritas file is distributed—perhaps even aid in its distribution and assessing possible negative outfall on your planet—if nothing else."

The other Jaffa nodded and even Jack and Sam could see the wisdom of what Ah'zar said. Professor Dr Daniel Jackson of the Oriental Institute after all was a huge public figure and had been a major player in not only negotiating Earth's alliance with the Aschen but many, many other off-world treaties.

"All right then, it's agreed that President Teal'c of Chulak will be approached?" Jack said formally.

"It is agreed," eight Jaffa leaders responded in unison.

"It is also agreed that consideration will be given that Dr Daniel Jackson of Earth will be approached?"

"It is agreed," the aliens repeated the formal phrase.

"Let it be noted for the record," Sam intoned, her hands rubbing circles on her stomach. The recording of the discussion and motion would be released, heavily encrypted of course, to other alien supporters and it would be the supporters that were human that would accept whether or not Daniel would be approached.

"I'll let you decide amongst yourself who approaches Teal'c," Jack announced which led to a brief discussion amongst the Jaffa. In the end they elected Maz'rai, as a former Apophis Jaffa, to approach the Chulak president.

Exchanging some last bit of information the teleconference wrapped up and the communication stone turned off. Sam would encrypt and transmit the recording via their subspace network to the other supporters and support groups later.

"So, one more free planet," Sam remarked softly. "And maybe, maybe we could consider Earth an allied planet?"

Jack looked at the Plexiglas galactic map that marked all known planets and territories. In Confederation territory twenty-three planets were marked with green stickers, six others with yellow, and the sixteen remaining in red. Outside Confederation territory the situation was remarkably improved with a substantial number of free planets supporting the resistance. After looking at the map for a long time he looked back at Sam who was waiting patiently for his response.

"We'll mark Chulak as green. And if the others vote to approach Daniel, Earth as yellow."

"And then?"

"And then we'll quarantine."

"Even if Earth is only yellow?"

"Yes. This has gone on long enough. Chulak has enough armaments and once Maz'rai notifies us that Teal'c's onboard, we'll have the tech crews start installing the Scotties on Teal'c ships."

Sam looked slightly amused as she always did by Jack's nickname for the Asgärd transportation devices that were a pivotal point in the quarantine strategy. And her husband claimed he did not watch science fiction.

"Has Stjarna enough ground and satellite zones ready for deployment on Chulak?"

Sam shook her head. "Not a full complement of ground zones, but there are enough satellites and setting up the zones around the stargate should secure the planet enough."

"I thought Stjarna had enough ground zones?" Jack looked faintly puzzled.

"For one planet yes, but if Earth becomes a yellow I think it would be prudent to set up a few zones around the Reed Terminal and get a few deployed in the 'shipyards."

Jack's expression turned appreciative. "Good thinking. One step ahead of me as always."

"Thanks and I wouldn't say that I'm always one step ahead," Sam gave a small grin as she stood and rubbed at her stomach, relieved that the baby who had been engaged in gymnastics during the teleconference had finally decided to settle down.

"For the technical stuff you are," Jack countered as he stood and closed the distance between them and laid his hands on her stomach. "The baby acting up?"

"No," Sam said fondly as she closed her hands on top of her husbands, "he's finally settled down."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jack scolded lightly. "You didn't have to remain sitting for all of that."

Sam shook her head. "It was no big deal. It was just mostly summersaults."

"Ah," was all Jack could say to that. "Well, the boys are probably getting impatient if the movie is done. We should head back into the house."

Sam nodded her agreement and soon they emerged from the bunker into the root cellar above. After securing the door that looked just like another wall panel, only touch and DNA sensitive with a combination lock as well, they passed by the bins for produce and freezers for meat and emerged from the cellar into the evening Montana air.

Lacing their fingers together the two made their way across the farmyard into their house and the sons waiting for them.