Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Finding Closure

by Rocza
[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
This is a SG-1, NCIS, SGA crossover & a mini-Jack clonefic. This is my first attempt at writing the SGA characters. Please let me know how 'in-character' they are. Their voices don't talk to me like the SG-1 and NCIS characters.
Kapitel Bemerkung:
This is just a short intro to the story.
Finding Closure

By Rocza

Sequel Information: Lost Soul

Season: SG-1 Season 10, SGA Season 3, NCIS Season 3

Spoilers: SG-1- 0103 The Enemy Within, 0105 The Broca Divide, 0310 Forever In A Day, 0703 Fragile Balance, 1003 The Pegasus Project, SGA- 117 Letters from Pegasus, 201 The Siege part 3, 202 The Intruder, 207 Instinct, 210 The Lost Boys, 211 The Hive, 212 Critical Mass, 218 Michael, 302 Misbegotten

Categories: Crossover, AU

Crossover: Stargate Atlantis, NCIS

Content Level: PG-13

Content Warning: Language, Character Death

Summary: Lt Ford has been missing for over a year. No one will tell the family anything beyond ‘Missing In Action-Presumed Dead’ and ‘I’m sorry.’ President Hayes intervenes and instigates a special investigation into the Lieutenant’s status.

Archive Permissions: Any who want it are welcome. Just give me credit. The story is the property of the author and may not be posted without the author’s consent.

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, Gekko Productions; not me. NCIS and its characters are the property of Belisarius Productions, again not me. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement intended.

Author’s Notes: This story follows my other story Lost Soul but can stand alone if you haven’t read it yet. I like the idea that the NCIS and Stargate Universes are the same.

Special Thanks: The Stargate Solutions Website (http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/index.php) without which I couldn’t have compiled Ford’s History.

A/N: I just wanted to give you guys a quick note. I’ve been busy with work the last few months and haven’t had any time to write. I want to thank you all for sticking out this dry period. Now, I’ve had a few complaints about how badly I’ve been treating the Atlantis crew.

First, this whole story is from the POV of the NCIS team. They are looking and evaluating every action and emotion. That is their job. Cops don’t see people the same way civilians do. Their job is to look for criminals. After awhile all they see is criminals. It flavors all their perceptions.

Second, this story is specifically dealing with their grief. There are 5 stages to grief and loss: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance. Most of the Atlantis team has reached the acceptance stage. Talking about Lt Ford is painful, but possible. But LtCol Sheppard is still stuck in denial and anger. He blames himself and refuses to give up that last bit of hope. We are not meant to see them at their best. It wouldn’t be an angst story if they were perky.

Finally, Jon isn’t doing anything with the Atlantis computers that Sheppard and the rest of the Atlantis team couldn’t do. The Atlantis team just hasn’t had the time to play with the computers in between jumping from crisis to crisis while Jon does. Think about that one friend that you know who seems to know all the computer shortcuts while you struggle to figure out how to double space without hitting the return button twice. Jon is that annoying friend to the Atlantis team. It’s not that they can’t do it, they just have better things to do than play with the default font settings.

--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG

Chapter 1 – The Invitation

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs stared at the envelope on his desk in silent confusion. It was an elegant invitation to the White House for lunch. That fact alone had stopped him in his tracks.

It was well known that Gibbs didn’t ‘do’ politics. He was pretty sure that the SecNav had banned him from all political functions on the basis of self-preservation, providing of course, that they could force him into attending. He was absolutely sure that Director Jenny Sheppard both appreciated his frankness and detested his lack of political savvy. In fact, she often ran interference for him when he was ‘required’ to attend a formal function. And after his attendance at the last conference ended with an arrest, well, most of the politically savvy elite were more than happy to let him stay home.

Yet, these basic facts didn’t support the evidence in the form of one golden envelope with his name elegantly scrawled on it. Worse yet, he couldn’t recall a single incident, good or bad, that would justify calling him onto the president’s carpet. Hell, the only incident that even came close had happened under the last administration.

“Good Morning, Boss. I brought your favorite...coffee,” Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo greeted, pausing as he took in the glare that Gibbs was sending to the envelope. While he was curious about the envelope, his well developed sense of self-preservation kept his mouth shut. No need to make himself the target of Gibbs’ anger.

Gibbs continued to scowl at the envelope for several more minutes before he realized that he had been staring at it for far too long. He snatched the coffee from DiNozzo on his way up to the Director’s office, pointedly ignoring his team as they exchanged worried glances. Hopefully, this didn’t concern them. If he had anything to say about it, it wouldn’t concern him either.

Gibbs stormed into the director’s office, breezing past the secretary before she could open her mouth to speak. He tossed the envelope in front of Director Sheppard as she was perusing her email. He didn’t bother elaborating. The invitation really did say it all. Jenny would understand the subtext.

Jenny cocked her head sideways as she took in his silent scowl, “And good morning to you too, Jethro.”

“What the hell is that about?” Gibbs asked vaguely, while gesturing at the envelope.

Jenny picked up the envelope and pulled out the invitation. She carefully read the inscription, quirking an eyebrow as she took in the contents. She placed it back in the envelope and turned to look at Gibbs. “I don’t know. I haven’t heard anything on the grapevine about awards and I don’t think you’ve done anything recently to piss off the President...Unless, there’s something you’d like to tell me?”

“Not that I’m aware of,” he replied, glaring out of her office window.

“I can make some calls...” Jenny offered.

Jethro nodded curtly in acceptance.

“Okay, I’ll let you know as soon as I know anything,” she stated handing him the envelope back and dismissing him.

Gibbs stomped out of the office, hoping something would interrupt his lunch date with the President. Anything would do…well, maybe not anything. There must be a cold case file somewhere that needed reinvestigating. The kind of investigation that had to be done today…at noon…

--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG--SG

TBC