Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In A Moment

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Sha’re woke up confused, she opened her eyes and bit back a gasp as she realised just how she had slept. Her head had been resting on Daniel’s chest, her body half on top of his while her leg was between both of his. She winced at her own stupidity, she knew better than to get involved, especially with him.

Sha’re held her breath as he murmured something but thankfully Daniel remained asleep while she managed to extricate herself from him.

Sha’re held out her hands under the small trickle of water so she could get a drink. She sighed as she washed her face trying to focus on what she had to do. They had to get back to the ship, join up again with Teal’c and the team from Earth then discover who was here and how to stop them.

Sha’re gave a soft snort of amusement, it was that simple. She heard a murmur from the other side of the cave and turned to see Daniel waking up, he smiled up at her. Sha’re folded her arms across her chest.

“We need to leave,” Sha’re told him coldly, trying not to feel bad as confusion filled his eyes, “There is no time to laze around.”

Daniel frowned but got up quickly and grabbed something to drink before offering her one of the chocolate bars he had left.

“Thank you,” she said, politely but distantly as she took the proffered candy, “Let’s go.”



“Okay,” Daniel said after an hour of silence, “I am not walking through this place in complete silence. What happened to you after I left?”

Sha’re sighed, “Dan’iel...”

“Come on,” he pushed, “I hate silence, so just tell me what you did after I went back to Earth.”

“I took time to myself,” she told him, “I travelled some of our colonies for a few months.”

“Why?”

Sha’re laughed slightly, “To see them. There are beautiful sights on many of the worlds within the Abydonian Federation.”

“What did you see?” Daniel got her to continue.

Sha’re rolled her eyes, “One of our scientific colonies is on a planet that has a lake within these caves, at a certain point of sunrise and sunset it looks like molten gold. It is incredible.”

“It sounds it,” Daniel mused, “What else?”

Sha’re let out a soft laugh, “I spent three days on the beach of Myarsoro, the sands are golden and the water so clear you can count the fish as they swim around your feet.”

Daniel laughed, “Sounds nice.”

“It is your turn, Dan’iel,” Sha’re told him, “What did you do?”

Daniel shrugged, “Nothing.”

Sha’re let out an annoyed sigh, “Dan’iel, I told you about what I did. It is your turn to talk.”

“I didn’t do anything,” he told her, “I spent weeks being evaluated by our shrinks, had to tell everyone what had happened over the past few years about a dozen times and had to live with my father again.”

At his flat tone, Sha’re winced.

“Dan’iel,” she started.

“I still sleep with a knife under my pillow,” he continued, “Because despite being back on Earth I can’t...” he trailed off at the shocked look on her face, “Sorry.”

“You sleep with a knife under your pillow?” she asked horrified.

Daniel groaned, he honestly hadn’t meant to blurt that out, “Yeah.”

She fixed him with a sharp gaze, “Do you sleep through the night?” it was something she’d had trouble doing for the first few weeks.

“Not usually,” Daniel whispered.

Sha’re suddenly found one question burning into her mind, “What about last night?”

Daniel kept walking and Sha’re grimaced at his back, she marched forward and caught his arm to demand an answer.

“What?” he snapped.

“I just asked you a question,” Sha’re noted annoyed.

Daniel stared at her angrily, “Why do you care?”

A little taken aback by the tone in his voice Sha’re took a step back, “Dan’iel, I do care about you. You saved my life back on the Ivory; you looked after me when you had absolutely no reason to. Of course I care about you.”

Daniel dropped his head, “I’m sorry. I guess I’m not as fine with everything as I say I am.”

“It is more than likely,” Sha’re whispered, “Neither am I.”

*********************************************

Jack sat in the captain’s chair on the Ivory; he was going through the logs of the ship’s captain from the past few years. The entry he’d just found however was more interesting than trying to find out what had happened to the crew, it was Hedron’s entry just after they captured Daniel.

“Have you found something?” Teal’c interrupted him watching the entry for the third time.

Jack shrugged, “Nothing of any use. Looks like Danny knows how to get on people’s good side though. Our Pirate Captain had a soft spot for the kid from the first day.”

“Interesting,” Teal’c mused.

Jack smiled, “And I’ll bet you anything Daniel knew that and quite happily manipulated him...that’s how he got Sha’re.”

Teal’c frowned, a little confused at the declaration.

“Daniel probably knew how to get Hedron to say yes to him when he asked for Sha’re to be his slave,” Jack explained, “The kid’s got guts.”

“Other than that,” Teal’c took a seat, “Have you found anything of consequence to our current situation?”

Jack winced at the obvious rebuke, “I did find a recurring mention of something,” he flicked through the entries until he found the one he was looking for, “Our friend here keeps mentioning something called Nike tree.”

“Nik’tre,” Teal’c corrected, “That is very interesting.”

Jack raised an eyebrow waiting to be told what was so interesting. He rolled his eyes as the large man simply said no more.

“What?” Jack yelled.

“Apologies,” Teal’c murmured, “Nik’tre is a myth.”

“What kind of myth?” Jack demanded.

Teal’c leaned back in his chair, “It is said that Nik’tre was a child in the service of Ra to who Ra gifted all his powers to before he was destroyed by the Abydonians.”

Jack frowned, “Hold on, from what I know of the Goa’uld can’t they move from person to person?”

“Ra was different,” Teal’c replied before admitting, “According to the legend.”

“Which is why legends aren’t exactly helpful in these circumstances,” Jack pointed out, “Okay, so what is the rest of this story?”

“The story continues that Nik’tre put all of Ra’s power in a box,” Teal’c continued, his deep voice smooth as he spoke, “And in that box was the might of Ra, hidden so that only the one who was worthy could find it and then the worthy one would become one with the stars.”

“Sweet story,” Jack mused, “You should tell my kid stories; he’d be enthralled.”

“My own son always enjoys my tales,” Teal’c replied with a small smile.



Sha’re grabbed Daniel’s arm, “Do you hear that?”

Daniel stopped and listened, frowning in confusion as he heard someone singing slightly.

“What the hell?”

Sha’re moved slowly to the entrance of the next cavern, Daniel just behind her and they peered into it. Daniel let out a gasp at the man who lay against the wall; the front of his shirt was almost completely covered in blood.

“Hedron?” Daniel breathed in astonishment, he pulled away from Sha’re and moved to the injured man.

The pirate’s head shot up, astonishment matching the younger man’s face, “Daniel? I never expected to see you again. Where’s my knife?”

Daniel gave a wry smile, “You’ll have to gut me later,” he told the older man, “Let me help you first.”

Sha’re moved to Daniel as he stood up, “We do not have time for this. We are not safe here.”

“I’m not leaving him here to die,” Daniel replied as he started ripping his t-shirt into strips.

“He would kill you right now if he could,” she reminded him sharply.

“I’m not him,” Daniel retorted, he knelt beside Hedron again and slowly lifted his shirt, wincing at the bloody mess beneath.

“She’s right,” Hedron told him, “If our positions were reversed, I’d kill you.”

“Good thing it’s not,” Daniel replied as he cleaned the wound moving to the question he really wanted an answer to, “What happened?”

Hedron sighed, “You left and a warning was not translated properly. We took onboard an item which housed a Goa’uld.”

“And it brought you here,” Sha’re deduced.

Hedron nodded, wincing in pain as he moved, “It’s in Tilli, she brought us here and those she could not turn into Jaffa, she executed.”

“How did you escape?” Daniel asked.

“I didn’t,” Hedron told him, “She put me here.”

Daniel and Sha’re shared a worried look.

“Why?” Daniel asked.

“She wants The Ivory,” Hedron explained, “And when I refused to give up the command crystal, she shot me and sent me here to die.”

“You’re not dying,” Daniel told him sharply.

“I am,” Hedron caught Daniel’s hand, “I’m not your captain anymore but I need you to do something for me.”

“What?” Daniel frowned.

“Stop her,” Hedron pleaded, he looked over at Share; “You are a Commander in the Abydonian fleet?”

Sha’re looked at him confused, “Yes.”

“Then you can witness this,” Hedron told her.

Sha’re shook her head, “Only for a citizen of Abydos.”

A slight laugh escaped the injured man which quickly turned into a racking cough, “I am Hedron of the house of Keral.”

Daniel glanced at Sha’re, “Does that mean anything to you?”

Sha’re nodded but her focus remained on the injured man, “You are a member of one of the oldest houses, why did you become this?”

“A long story we don’t have time for,” Hedron told her, “As my only son is dead then I have no heir. I bequeath everything I own, including the Ivory and my estate on Abydos – all completely legal,” he added before Sha’re could say anything, “To Daniel Jackson of Earth.”

“What?” Daniel stared at him.

Hedron shifted and from a concealed pocket he removed a small crystal which he pressed into Daniel’s hand, “Take this and stop her.”

“Hedron, I...I...”

“Do you witness this?” Hedron demanded of Sha’re.

“I, Commander Sha’re Densai of the Abydonian Federation, witness the last will of Hedron Keral,” she said softly.

Hedron nodded, he pulled Daniel closer and whispered in his ear before he closed his eyes.

“No,” Daniel snapped, shaking the older man, “Hedron?”

Sha’re touched his shoulder moving him away,” He is dead, Dan’iel. Now we need to find a way back to the ship to stop whichever Goa’uld this is from escaping this planet.”

Daniel nodded and put the crystal in his pocket, he glanced back at the man lying against the wall. Sha’re reached out nervously and gently touched his hand.

“There was nothing else you could have done, Dan’iel;” she reminded him softly, “Hedron was too badly injured.”

Daniel gripped her hand for a few seconds before he sighed, “Okay, let’s get out of here.”

*********************************************

“Dr Jackson,” Kasuf greeted Mel as he stepped out of the Stargate with SG7, “Welcome back to Abydos.”

Mel grinned at him, “Thank you Minister Densai, I’m glad we could finally reschedule this.”

Kasuf nodded, “Please, come with me and I’ll show you to your lodgings. There is a meal planned for tonight and then tomorrow we start our talks.”

“That sounds great,” Mel told him.

Together they walked through the streets of Nagada, Mel enjoying a world so technologically advanced yet still steeped in the delights of Ancient Egypt just beyond the city. He knew Daniel would love to spend days going over the history of this place and that Claire...Claire would have been in her element also.

“How is your son?” Kasuf asked, polite but Mel could also sense something else in the tone.

“Daniel has adjusted pretty well to being home,” Mel told him, “He now travels with Colonel O’Neill’s team. And your daughter?”

The pride appeared in Kasuf’s eyes that Mel knew appeared in his when he spoke of his son, “Sha’re has resumed her position as Commander of the Flamia.”

“I was hoping to see one of your ships up close,” Mel told him, “If that’s no trouble?”

Kasuf smiled at him again, “No, Dr Jackson, that won’t be a problem.”



Mel stood on the balcony of the small apartment they had been given to use for the duration of their stay on Abydos. It had taken them months to rearrange these talks with the Abydonian Federation and Mel had almost given up hope that they’d ever get to make allies with one of the largest powers in the galaxy. However it was Kasuf who had insisted that the treaty talks continue and Mel wasn’t sure if the man had any reason other than becoming allies with one small planet.

He was worried about Daniel, but then he always worried about his son. He still wasn’t sleeping through the night and Mel was sure he kept a weapon of some sort with him at all times. It scared him that even though Daniel had made it home, he might lose him again.

*********************************************

Daniel slid the control crystal for the Ivory, his ship, around his fingers as they continued to walk through the caves.

“Put that away,” Sha’re scolded him with a long suffering sigh, “If you break or lose that then the Ivory is scrap metal.”

Daniel rolled his eyes but followed her order before something hit him, “Your ship is in orbit?”

“Yes. The Flamia is in orbit,” Sha’re nodded, “Waiting until we have finished here,” she gave him a dark look, “Unfortunately I cannot contact them, or we could give them our position and we’d be out of here.”

“Yeah,” Daniel sighed, “I’ve never said sorry.”

“Sorry?” Sha’re turned to him confused.

“For getting us into this mess,” Daniel explained, “I should have known what the transporter would do.”

Sha’re nodded, “Yes, you should.”

Daniel frowned as they continued to walk in silence though the caves. Sha’re continued to walk just slightly in front of him and Daniel silently studied her.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re turned, making him guiltily jump his eyes back up to her face, “I know you didn’t mean it but...”

“But what?” Daniel asked, he suddenly felt bolder and stepped closer to her.

“But...” she hesitated as she could feel the warmth of his body as he moved closer, “But...” she licked her lips and tried again, “Dan’iel...”

“Yes?” Daniel murmured; his hand came up to cup her cheek as his fingers slid across her skin.

“Don’t do this,” Sha’re whispered, her eyes closing as Daniel continued to softly stroke her skin.

Daniel smiled as she sighed at his tender touches, “Are you sure?” he asked before catching her lips with his.

Sha’re gave a soft gasp of shock as he kissed her before her arms slid around his neck and she deepened the kiss even more. After a few minutes they parted and stared at one another, neither sure what to do now.

“How touching,” a harsh sarcastic voice made them turn to where a familiar woman stood, her eyes glowing.