Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In A Moment

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Enjoy.
Jack watched Daniel as they moved slowly through the corridors of the ship the younger man had spent almost three years on. He seemed comfortable here, despite the worried look on his face.

“Sir,” Sam called, “I believe the source of the signal is coming from the bridge.”

Daniel turned to her, “That doesn’t surprise me. It’s this way.”

Jack, Sam and Kawalsky followed Daniel along the corridors of the ship, all them on alert for any kind of attack but none came. Daniel confidently entered the codes into the computer, accessing the bridge for them. Stopping suddenly as he entered the large room, Daniel stared around, wondering what had happened to the crew.

“Daniel,” Jack called to him, “Daniel.”

The man being called turned; his blue eyes wide, filled with sadness, “Sorry.”

“Let’s have a quick look round,” Jack told him, “Then we can get out of here.”

Daniel nodded, “Hedron’s seat was over here. His log should tell us what happened.”

They followed him to the console; Sam took a seat and started working on the computer. After a few minutes she sighed in annoyance, “I can’t get access. I’d need a few hours to work on it.”

“Let me try,” Daniel said.

Sam slid out of the seat and frowned, annoyed slightly as Daniel accessed the information within seconds.

Daniel smirked, “I had an advantage. I was pretty sure I knew the password.”

Sam rolled her eyes, “So, what does it say?”

Daniel was about to report but the sound of the doors sliding open caught all their attention, they spun and aimed their weapons at the two new arrivals.

“Dan’iel?”

He stared as the woman he’d been dreaming of for the past few months and all he could think of to say was, “Hi.”



Jack was the first one to come to his senses; he motioned the others to lower their weapons, “Commander Densai, nice to see you again.”

Sha’re didn’t lower her gun, “Colonel, what are you doing here?”

“Exploring,” Jack replied, “You know we can’t talk with you guys like that.”

Sha’re held up her hand, stopping Teal’c from lowering his weapon, “This planet is restricted. No one is allowed on here without express permission from the Abydonian Council.”

Daniel shook his head and walked to her, stepping deliberately so the gun was pressed against his chest. They glared at each other and finally Sha’re lowered it.

“You know I thought we were past this,” Daniel stated.

“This is a restricted planet,” Sha’re repeated, her voice hard as she continued to glare at him coldly, “You know that, Dan’iel.”

Daniel’s eyes widened, “This is that planet?”

“What planet?” Jack demanded, sharing worried looks with his other two team-mates.

“It is,” Sha’re replied coolly, “How did you not know that?”

Daniel folded his arms across his chest, “Because we came through the Stargate.”

“There is none on this planet,” Sha’re retorted.

“Okay,” Jack snapped, making Daniel turn back round at the yell, “Someone, and I don’t care who it is, but someone is going to explain what the hell you guys are on about.”

“This planet,” Teal’c reported, “Was once the homeworld of the Goa’uld who called himself Ra.”

Daniel’s eyes widened more than Jack had ever seen, “You’re kidding?”

“This is not a good thing, Dan’iel,” Sha’re snapped at him.

He spun back at her, “Why?”

She frowned at him, “Because if we allow the Goa’uld to start getting hosts again then they could try to take over the galaxy...again.”

Jack stepped in between them, “Okay, before the scratching and biting starts. How about we find out what happened to this ship.”

“I concur,” Teal’c rested his hand on Sha’re’s shoulder, pulling her to him slightly, “Commander, we need to discover what has happened and it is the best idea to take the help they are offering.”

Sha’re nodded; turning to Daniel who was smiling slightly, “Where do your loyalties lie?”

Daniel bristled at her accusing tone, “Where do you think?”

“I am unsure,” she replied, “Considering where we found you.”

“Strangely enough, I found you here too,” Daniel retorted.

Jack shared an annoyed look with Teal’c and they took their respective team-mate by the arm, separating them.

*********************************************

“Daniel?”

He turned to find Sam standing in the doorway, “Yeah?”

“Was this your room?” she asked, her eyes moving around the small space.

Daniel nodded, “Yeah, I just wanted to get the stuff I left here.”

“I’m surprised it’s still here,” Sam stated, a little worried she’d insulted him.

Daniel grinned at her, “None of the crew could ever get in, and trust me a few tried.”

Sam swallowed at the shadows in his eyes, “Hey, are you finished? The Colonel wants us to check out the cargo hold.”

Daniel sighed, “Sure. I’ve got what I wanted from here,” he offered her a small foiled package, “Chocolate?”

Sam laughed, “This is what you came back for?”

Daniel shrugged, walking away whistling as she stood watching him worry in her eyes for her teammate.



Sha’re sat trying to find some clue within the ships logs as to what happened to the crew. She was aware of Colonel O’Neill pacing near her, and she bit her tongue so she didn’t snap at him. Teal’c had stopped her from arguing when O’Neill had decided how they were going to split up and search the ship, Sha’re did not take orders from others very well.

“How you doing?” he asked, making her look at him.

“I cannot determine what happened,” Sha’re replied, “But I have located their stop before they came here. It is a planet I do not recognise.”

“Meaning?”

She frowned at him, “Meaning, Colonel, that I have no way of knowing why they were there. However, Teal’c may. His knowledge of the planets is greater than mine.”

O’Neill nodded and hit his radio, “Kawalsky?”

“Yeah,” came the reply.

“Have you found anything?”

“Nothing,” Kawalsky replied, “We’re coming back up.”

O’Neill nodded, “Good, we need Teal’c to look at something the Commander found.”

“We shall be there momentarily,” Teal’c replied.



Jack watched the woman sitting at the controls, she was good. He had been amused by the way she and Daniel had fought with one another, there was chemistry there.

“Jack?”

Jack noticed Sha’re squirm slightly as Daniel’s voice came over the radio, “What have you found?”

“Sam and I are in the cargo bay,” Daniel continued, “I need Sha’re down here to check something for me.”

“What have you found, Dan’iel?” Sha’re asked, interest in her voice.

“Just get down here,” was all the reply they got before the radio clicked off.

Jack rolled his eyes, “He’s really annoying when he does that.”

Sha’re smiled, “I know, Colonel.”

“Look,” Jack said, “You know considering we’re going to be working together, you could always call me Jack.”

A small smile touched the young woman’s face, “Jack it is. As you already know I am Sha’re.”

“Yeah,” Jack stated, strolling off the bridge, “I got that.”



“What have you found?” Jack demanded, stepping into the dull cargo bay, “And why are there no lights on.”

“It’s all the light we have, sir,” Sam replied, her head popping out from under the railings, “Over here.”

Jack and Sha’re walked over to Sam; Daniel was lying on his back, trying to get something free with a pen.

“Good, Sha’re,” he said, motioning to her, “Come and see what you make of this.”

Frowning slightly, Sha’re handed Jack her jacket and slid under the ramp to join Daniel. She noted a small cylinder trapped under the metal frame.

“What have you found?” Jack called to them.

“We’re not sure, Jack,” Daniel replied, shifting slightly to look over at his friend.

Sha’re caught her breath slightly as she felt the warmth of his body when he leaned over her to reply; she didn’t want to feel like this, especially not for him.

“Hey,” Daniel said, noticing a red flash as he dislodged it slightly, “Look at this.”

Sha’re turned to look at it, recognition hitting her and she moved to stop him reach out to touch it with his hand, “Dan’iel, do not...”

A bright flash of light filled the room, Jack and Sam winced as they hid their eyes. Turning back, they saw Daniel and Sha’re were gone.

“Oh great,” Jack muttered, “Mel is not going to be happy,”

*********************************************

“...touch that,” Sha’re finished, just before her body slammed against something hard.

At her side Daniel lay looking slightly dazed, “What happened?”

“You touched a transporter sensor,” she snapped at him, pulling herself to sit up, “And brought us both somewhere else on this planet.”

Daniel rubbed the back of his neck, “Where?”

“How should I know?” she snapped at him, “You were the fool who decided to touch something that we hadn’t looked at properly.”

Daniel groaned, “You know if you’re just going to have a fit at me, I’m just going to close my eyes and go to sleep.”

Sha’re frowned and stood up, “This is not the time for you to make jokes.”

“Sha’re, there is no time to make jokes around you,” Daniel replied, he rolled his shoulders as he stood up. Daniel looked around their new location, “Well, we’re nowhere near the ship.”

“I had noticed,” Sha’re shot back, she was about to say something else but stopped as she saw the edge of a building, “Dan’iel,” she grabbed his arm, making him turn to her.

“What?”

“I believe we have found what would have been Ra’s stronghold,” Sha’re told him, “Do you know what that means?”

“We know where we are?” Daniel asked; amused at how irritated she was by him. He knew he shouldn’t but he enjoyed annoying her.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re sighed, trying to hold her temper, “If the Ivory is here, then that means the crew must be somewhere and I have a horrible feeling that it will be there.”

Daniel frowned, “Why does this scare you so much?”

Sha’re looked up at him, “The Goa’uld were evil, Dan’iel. They enslaved millions of people before one man decided no more. He started a rebellion on the first world, where our people started before he came through to Abydos and freed us. I have always been taught about the people who liberated us from our slavery. Dan’iel, we beat back the Goa’uld and if we allow them the chance they will want to enslave or kill everyone on Abydos and your home.”

Daniel touched her shoulder, “Sha’re,” she looked up at him, surprised by the absence of the mocking he’d had a few minutes before, “We’ll stop this. We make a pretty good team, remember?”

Sha’re smiled and nodded, she started walking towards the building on the horizon.



Jack let out a long sigh as Teal’c finally managed to remove the device that had made Daniel and Sha’re disappear. He’d spent ten minutes trying to raise them on the radio with no success as Sam worked with Teal’c.

“You know he’ll be fine,” Kawalsky noted as Jack paced, “He survived three years without you watching his back.”

Jack glared at him, “Thanks, Charlie.”

“Besides,” Kawalsky continued, a smirk appearing on his face, “Any betting he can hear your calls and is ignoring them to spend a little alone time with the commander.”

Jack laughed, “Possibly but we might want to get them back before they kill each other...well before she kills him.”

“O’Neill,” Teal’c’s deep voice made him call, “I have something.”

Jack turned, “What?”

“Sir, Teal’c managed to use the ships computer to give us an approximate location that they were sent to,” Sam told him.

Jack nodded; things were looking up, “Okay, we better go after them then. Considering the crew of this ship is floating around somewhere on this planet, I really don’t want Daniel coming face to face with them again.”

Teal’c nodded, “I do not want Sha’re to see any of them again either.”



Daniel shoved his hands in his pockets as they walked across the grass towards the building. Sha’re had been very quiet, lost deep in thought as they walked. He didn’t mind, it gave him a chance to go over a few things himself. It was astonishing how good it was to see her again.

Daniel hadn’t admitted it to anyone, least of all himself but he had missed Sha’re. She drove him crazy when they were on the Ivory; she made him want to scream by questioning him every time he tried to do something to keep her safe. When he’d returned to Earth it felt strange not having her around constantly, not waking up in the morning and finding her either still sleeping or sitting working on his computer system determined to break his codes. Despite how brilliant she was, she’d never been able to guess his passwords – considering he changed them every so often, it wasn’t a surprise. During the months they’d lived on top of one another, Daniel knew that if they hadn’t been in their particular situation he’d have wanted to get to know her in a different way.

“Do you know what’s really creeping me out?” Daniel broke the silence.

Sha’re turned to him, “I am not sure I want to know.”

“We’ve not seen any sign that anyone else is on this planet,” he continued, “We have no idea what we’re walking into.”

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re sighed, “We have absolutely no choice. My communicator was in my jacket, which was left on the Ivory and your radio does not work.”

“I know,” he replied, stopping he sat down on a large rock, “I just don’t feel good about walking towards a place that possibly holds people who I know will want to kill me.”

Sha’re looked down at him, her arms folded in annoyance, “I doubt they will be happy to see me either.”

Daniel groaned again; dropping his head back, “I guess we’ve no choice.”

“None whatsoever,” Sha’re replied; she offered him her hand and tugged him to his feet.

They both stopped as they stood looking at one another, blue eyes gazed into brown and neither moved.