Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In A Moment

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
One chapter left which I’ll post soon. I promise.
Enjoy
Teal’c frowned, checking the console in front of him once more for confirmation before turning to Jack who was still going through log entries.

“There is a new energy signature from nearby,” Teal’c told him, “I believe the Ha’tak vessel is powering up to leave the planet. We are out of time.”

“What?” Jack demanded.

“If the Goa’uld leaves this planet then they will start reproducing and infecting as many as possible to reclaim a hold on the galaxy,” Teal’c explained, “I must return to the Flamia and prepare them to fight.”

Jack grimaced but understood the other man’s responsibilities, “Go. We’ll see what we can do here.”

Teal’c offered the other man his hand and Jack gripped it before Teal’c left the ship at a run towards the shuttle sitting nearby.

Jack sighed and turned back to the screens, hoping to find something.

*********************************************

Daniel had, once he got over the terror and fear of the knives, admired Tilli. She’d initially intimidated him but after a while they’d become, not friends exactly but she looked out for him.

Seeing her like this made him angry, unfortunately the two huge guys holding him meant he couldn’t do anything about it.

“Doc,” the Goa’uld said, using Tilli’s voice, “Nice to see you again.”

Daniel said nothing, he simply stared seeing Sha’re struggle against the men holding her over the Goa’uld’s shoulder.

“Give me the control crystal,” Tilli commanded.

“Bite me,” Daniel replied.

The Goa’uld laughed, “You have changed. Her memories of you are of someone who complied, who went out of his way not to make waves. Unless of course,” she stopped and stepped closer to him, “It was to protect your slave.”

“Leave her alone,” Daniel snapped.

The Goa’uld laughed again, “You have no need to fear, Doc. I will not harm her,” she turned and reached into the large tub, “Although my child might.”

Daniel saw Sha’re stiffen in horror as the snake-like creature was pulled out, it wriggled at Daniel, spitting and hissing as the Goa’uld within Tilli laughed at them. As he struggled Daniel caught sight of another transporter sensor – an inactivate one, Tilli was now focused on Sha’re and Daniel took the one chance he got.

As the guard on his right loosened his grip, Daniel dropped so all his weight was on the two men holding him. As they overbalanced slightly, Daniel managed to yank himself loose and fell, with agility he never knew he had Daniel rolled backwards and grabbed the pen-like device. Before the other two could come after him, Daniel ran towards Sha’re who used the guards holding her so she could knock Tilli out of the way. Daniel grabbed Sha’re round her waist and as they fell to the floor he activated the transporter.



Nik’tre screamed in frustration as her prizes disappeared into nothingness. She turned to her followers.

“Ready the ship,” she ordered, “I want the other two vessels in my possession by the end of the night. Kill whoever gets in our way.”

Her worshippers all scurried around and Nik’tre stood, it was time to return the Goa’uld to their former glory – with her as the supreme ruler.



Jack looked up from the screen as a flash of light filled the room and a thump sounded. Turning he saw Daniel and Sha’re in a heap on the floor both looking a little dishevelled but as far as he could see they had no injuries.

“We’re back,” Sha’re breathed in relief, hugging Daniel tightly for a moment before standing and looking at Jack, “Where’s Teal’c?”

“He headed back to your ship when we realised the Gould was powering up its ship,” Jack told her as he reached out to help Daniel to his feet.

Sha’re activated her radio, “Teal’c,” she called, sighing in relief as she was answered.

“Commander,” Teal’c replied, “Are you alright?”

“Are you in position?” she ignored his question.

Teal’c paused for a second obviously not happy that she didn’t answer his question, “Yes. Will I send the shuttle for you?”

“No,” Sha’re turned to Daniel and motioned him over, “I will fly the Ivory. We will need both vessels to keep the Goa’uld at bay.”

“Sha’re...”

“These are your orders,” Sha’re snapped, “We will join you as soon as possible.”



“What’s going on?” Jack demanded of Sha’re and Daniel as they turned to him.

“We have the control crystal,” Sha’re told him, “The Goa’uld wants this ship and we are not going to let her take it.”

“Where did you get that?” Jack demanded.

Daniel turned and shrugged, “Hedron gave the ship to me before he died.”

“You know we need to talk about what happened,” Jack stated annoyed as Daniel ran out of the room.

Sha’re rolled her eyes, “Later,” she replied, taking the pilot’s chair, “First we have to stop the Goa’uld.”

Daniel made it to the engine room in minutes finding Sam and Charlie still trying to get it to work. Daniel moved to the console, he entered the password Hedron gave him before changing it to one of his own and fixing himself as the new Captain of the Ivory. Once that was done, Daniel placed the control crystal into its place and smiled as the engine came to life instantly.

“How did you do that?” Sam demanded.

Daniel grinned, “It was a gift,” he hit his radio, “Sha’re?”

“Power is increasing,” she reported to him as he started through the corridors again, “We should have shields and weapons by the time we reach orbit. I can fly the ship but I need you to man the weapons system.”

“On my way,” he replied, speeding up.



Teal’c saw the Ha’tak vessel rise up through the atmosphere of the planet, it was impressive, if a stupid design for a star ship.

“Shields,” he ordered, knowing his orders would be followed instantly, “Weapons lock on non- essential systems only. We want to disable them if possible.”

“Sir,” Lieutenant Bass at the helm called, “There is another ship approaching, it is the pirate ship Ivory.”

“That’s Commander Densai,” Teal’c told them, “Do not fire upon her.”

“She wouldn’t like that,” Bass murmured as she turned back to her work, a small smile on her lips.

“Sir,” Edson called, “The Ha’tak is firing.”

“Evasive manoeuvres,” Teal’c ordered, “Return fire.”



Jack gripped the chair arm as Sha’re dipped the ship sharply to one side avoiding the small ships swarming from the larger vessel. Daniel was working the weapons console with ease, which Jack knew he shouldn’t be surprised at considering, but it still amazed him to see.

“Carter, how’re we holding up done there?” Jack called as sparks jumped from the console next to him.

“We’ve got some damage but not much,” Sam replied, “What’s happening?”

Jack hesitated, “I think we’re kicking their ass.”

“This is no use,” Sha’re snapped, making Jack turn to her, “Teal’c, Dan’iel, aim for the engines. We are not going to disable them into submitting.”

“Are you sure?” Daniel asked; he didn’t want to kill the people on that ship.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re snapped, “Just do it.”

Jack could see the anguish in his friend’s face and moved to his side, “I’ll do it.”

Daniel shook his head and started to manipulate the controls again, he glanced over at Sha’re and nodded.

“On my mark,” Sha’re spoke to both ships, she moved the Ivory into position behind the enemy vessel, “Fire.”

Volleys of weapons fire burst from the Ivory and Flamia, hitting the large ship between them and causing small explosions. Moments later the entire Ha’tak vessel was engulfed in flames and exploded.

Sha’re sped the ship away as fast as possible but still couldn’t completely outrun the shockwave and all of them slammed to the floor as the ship was thrown around.



“Sha’re?” Teal’c’s voice came over the radio, “Sha’re, answer me.”

Sha’re groaned as she forced herself to open her eyes and sit up, “I’m here,” she gasped; “Is everyone alright?”

“We’re all fine,” Teal’c promised, “Are the Earthers safe?”

Sha’re pulled herself up and found Jack first trying to focus himself, “Are you alright?”

“I’m getting there,” he said, grabbing his radio, “Carter, Kawalsky?”

“Shaken and bruised, “Sam replied, “We’ll be fine.”

“Good,” Jack sighed, groaning as he pulled himself off the ground and looked around, “Daniel?”

Sha’re’s head shot up, “Dan’iel?”

They both turned and found him lying on the ground beside the console, slowly coming back to consciousness.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re said softly, her hand gently rested on his forehead, “Open your eyes.” As she saw the bright blue eyes look up at her Sha’re smiled and stroked his cheek making him smile up at her.

Jack coughed slightly and Sha’re stiffened, she touched her own radio, “Teal’c, I am going to bring the Ivory along side, create a seal and ensure that you have a medical team standing by. Dr Jackson is injured.”

Finishing her orders Sha’re glanced at Daniel once more before she returned to the pilot’s seat and moved the Ivory closer to her own vessel.

*********************************************

Sha’re leaned against the doorway of the room Daniel was using waiting for him to realise she was standing there. He was learning about his new ship determined to know everything before they reached Abydos.

“Hi,” he said as he glanced up to find her there, “I didn’t hear you.”

“I know,” Sha’re smiled, she was still in uniform but for once her hair wasn’t tied back instead it hung down framing her face, “I see you are still studying.”

Daniel shrugged, “I’ve not got long before we get to your world.”

“Well,” Sha’re walked over to him, “I thought you would like to have a flying lesson.”

“Really?” Daniel grinned, his eyes lighting up enthusiastically.

She nodded, “I just hope you are a good student, Dan’iel because I am a hard taskmaster.”

At her smirk Daniel folded his arms across his chest and tilted his head to one side in amusement, “Show me.”



They’d arrived on the ship and Sha’re talked him through the basics of flying the ship. Daniel eagerly took in every word, as always soaking up the knowledge like a sponge but was a little uneasy when Sha’re allowed him to take control of the ship.

“Be gentle,” she leaned over his shoulder, her hands resting lightly on his as she helped him control the ship, “Do not pull on the controls too hard and try not to jerk them.”

“Okay,” Daniel nodded, he licked his lips nervously before smiling as he flew his ship; “This is incredible.”

Sha’re laughed and as she moved closer her hair fell across his shoulder, “I’ve always thought so.”

After ten minutes she reached out and moved him from the chair, taking control once more she returned the Ivory to its place beside the Flamia. Standing once more she looked up at him, “You are good, you need to practice more but we shall ensure you have time each day until we reach Abydos.”

“Cool,” Daniel murmured, he became very aware of her and nervously reached out to touch her cheek, “You are...” he trailed off not wanting to ruin the moment but unable to not say something to her.

“Dan’iel,” Sha’re said as she slipped her arms around his neck, “Stop talking.”



“Daniel?”

Daniel’s radio burst to life as it sat discarded on the table, Jack’s voice filled the small room and Daniel sighed annoyed. He rolled off Sha’re reaching out from under the sheet so he could grab the radio and pulled it over, “Yeah?”

“Daniel, where the hell are you?” Jack demanded annoyed.

“I’m on the Ivory with Sha’re,” Daniel told him, closing his eyes as Sha’re slid her lips along his chest moving onto him, “She’s...she’s giving me a flying lesson.”

“Really?” Jack’s voice filled with disbelief.

“I need to learn about this ship,” Daniel told him, waving Sha’re away as she giggled softly in his ear, “It is mine.”

“Okay,” Jack sighed, “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Sure,” Daniel replied, he tossed the radio to the ground and looked at the woman smiling down at him.

“Perhaps we should return to the Flamia,” Sha’re suggested, she tilted her head and her long black hair fell against his face.

Daniel shrugged slightly, “Maybe in ten minutes,” he replied before pulling her down to him again.

*********************************************

Jack stood looking out across the bridge; he nodded at Teal’c as the large man moved towards him.

“Is there something I can do for you?” Teal’c inquired.

Jack shrugged, “Since your Commander gave us free reign. Carter is annoying your engineer while Kawalsky has taken up residence in your commissary so I thought I’d come have a look at the bridge.”

Teal’c nodded, “Would you like to fly the ship?”

Interest sparked in Jack’s eyes, “Cool.”

Teal’c motioned the young officer at the controls to move and Jack slid into the vacated seat. Teal’c quickly explained the controls knowing that the other man flew vessels on his homeworld so felt comfortable in allowing him to take control of the Flamia.

“So, what’s your job here anyway?” Jack asked, the ship was easy to control so he decided to get to know the other man a bit better.

“I was asked by Kasuf, Sha’re’s father, to be the Chulak representative upon this vessel,” Teal’c explained, “I have known the family a long time.”

“So there’s a rep on every ship?” Jack frowned as something beeped before he corrected the course.

Teal’c nodded, “The Abydonians freed the Jaffa and our two societies became close allies. Each Abydonian vessel carries a representative so that they can oversee anything that could affect both our societies.”

Jack gave a thoughtful nod, “You said you taught Sha’re to fight. Feel like giving me a demonstration?”

Teal’c smiled; he called over the young woman who had been flying before escorting Jack along the corridors. The gym on the ship was large and there were off-duty officers on fitness machines, sparring and exercising. Jack leaned against a wall as Teal’c removed his jacket and called to one of the men. Jack noticed the grimace on the guy’s face as he walked over to help Teal’c’s demonstration and laughed as the one who was obviously much younger and looked extremely fit was down in a matter of seconds.

“You wouldn’t be looking for a working vacation by any chance?” Jack asked when Teal’c walked over to him once more.



Sha’re stood on the bridge of the Flamia watching as they descended into port, their guests were with Teal’c getting ready to depart so they could head back to Earth via the Stargate although she knew Daniel wasn’t going with them but he planned to travel in the Ivory. It was something she didn’t want to think about.

She had known allowing him close would be a mistake, although it had become impossible to stop herself. Their lessons on the Ivory always ended the same way and she knew that she was falling in love with him; she also knew he loved her which scared her more than she thought possible.

Teal’c moved to her side, “I have been asked by O’Neill to go to Earth for a year to work with his people.”

“Have you agreed?” Sha’re whispered, not wanting to lose his guidance.

“Not yet,” he replied, “But I am seriously considering it. What about you?”

“What about me?”

Teal’c looked down at her with the impassive look that drove her crazy and meant she could never lie to him, “Your relationship with Daniel Jackson, what are you going to do about that?”

“I...” she started to deny everything before dropping her eyes, “I’m unsure.”

Teal’c gently rested his hand on her shoulder, “You have very little time to make up your mind.”

Sha’re watched the ship as it settled on the ground, “I know.”