Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

One More Day

by Jeremy Scott
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The two made it to the airport and they got onboard another flight taking them to South America.   From there they got themselves on a boat headed to the Antarctic. However it wasn't without its problems.

 Jack looked at the captain of the boat and started wondering how it got to be so easy getting onboard. The captain started to act suspicious and kept coming on and off deck every few minutes. Jack decided to follow him.

"No, these are the same guys you described. They're trying to head back there, probably got some sorta dig."

"Keep us informed, Mayborne out." Jack swung and hit the man in the back of the head knocking him out. He then tied him up and started to steer the boat towards the coast. He ran back out and grabbed Daniel.

 "We might have company when we get off the boat. Take all the gear you can. I'm gonna get this thing tied up somewhere and we're going to have to avoid the NID, and close the hole up a bit so that they don't find the gate."

"What about when Sam has to get out when you two first come here?"

"How do we know she didn't have to dig it out because of what we did? I mean I was pretty badly injured after all!"

"Good point."

The two grabbed the gear and Jack knocked the Captain's lights out one more time. After docking the boat on a piece of shoreline he then picked up the radio.

 "Mayday, mayday there's a white ship marked the Davenport adrift off of the coast, there seems to be a fight underway onboard, someone looks to be hijacking it. Request someone gets back up out there ASAP."

Jack pulled Daniel off the boat with him and started to make his way into the Antarctic cold. Daniel shook his head at the plan. He knew the NID weren't going to allow the two of them to take the boat, and more than likely there would be a few agents on the way there, but nothing they couldn't deal with. They made a run for it, knowing the gate wasn't too far away. They caught a lucky break not to run into anyone, and were able to find the crevasse to the gate rather easily thanks to the equipment they left. They both chalked their easy escape to the fact that the wastelands were pretty big, and those that did see them might not think too much of it.

Jack looked back towards the wastelands and shook his head. He went and retrieved their stuff and set a few charges. It was enough to cause snow to puff up and to pack down into the hole. Daniel and he got to the gate and looked at it. They were able to break off enough ice to dial the gate in manually. From there the brilliant flash occurred and they were about to step through. "Jack, don't you think that was a bit too easy?"

"Yeah, but now we can be an unsolved mystery. I always wanted Robert Stack to talk about me." Jack sneered at Daniel.

They looked at one another, Jack still filled with pain and anger in his eyes towards Daniel. Daniel tried to give him a look of understanding and that he was willing to try and help him with his grief. Jack didn't care, as far as he was concerned, the only reason he was working with Daniel at all is because it was a necessary evil. With that they jumped through the gate and went back to 355.

The gate flashed open. Jack and Daniel walked out of it and looked around the place. There were several people guarding the gate entrance.

"What the hell is going on here?"

"Halt stranger, you are under the imprisonment of the Can'al!"

"Really…and I suppose you'll want us to put down our weapons and come quietly too?" The Can'al looked at one another rather confused as to why this man seemed to be brushing off their superiority. They switched on their Vibe-blades pointed them at Daniel and Jack.

 "WHOA!!! HEY! You wanna point that screwed up Norelco somewhere else?"

"You are under our capture, you will come with us or suffer death."

"Now that's where you're wrong, ya see, I don't suffer death. I'm allergic, ask anyone." Jack fired his P-90 and the guards scattered. He stopped and looked around for any of them and the two ran towards the woods. He started doing recon to see if he could find any signs of them near their location.

"I really hate this planet."

"What are the chances they've captured and killed Sam and Teal'c?"

"I highly doubt that. These guys aren't the sharpest sticks. I doubt they could fight a glee club to a stand still." Jack picked up his radio.

 "Carter, Teal'c respond."

"Carter here sir."

"What's up with the Panama people?"

"Their people designed what they call the Time Dialer sir. Right now they're looking for a way to get their hands on us so they can find out more about Earth."

 "I take it they're planning a bit of a conquest?"

"Their leaders are sir. Teal'c and I are heading into the Can'al village to stop them now. We've got several Can'al on our side."

"Give me the coordinates of this city Carter, we'll meet you there."

"Yes, sir. It's good to have you back sir."

"Yeah, just get the coordinates to me."

"We've got a war going on?" Daniel asked in a puzzled fashion.

"Ya see, they got to do something interesting, I got stuck with Major Morality."

"Major Morality?"

"No way you're getting higher rank than I am."

The two waited and started receiving the coordinates and they made for the village.

***********************************

Carter and Teal'c took up post at the edge of the woods where they could see the village perfectly. They saw several individuals moving around, but all of them looked not to be doing anything on the offensive. Teal'c pulled one of the Can'al down to him.

"Are there any others meant to attack us if we enter the city?"

"There are some guarding the Chaappa'ai, but I believe Tor'ena would've set some patrols in the surrounding woods to make sure that they weren't so easily surprised."

"Do you have any projectile weapons?"

"We have a few, but mostly they are outlawed. The leaders felt that if we were to kill something doing it face to face would be best so we know the true nature of killing."

"There is a lesson in that, however in this case we should expect them to be armed. What are these projectile weapons?"

"They are sun darts. It fires darts with a laser point to them. Nasty piece of work on our parts, the beam cuts through things and the dart being weighted with drag down, making an incision like cut."

Carter looked at them with disgusted concern. "Your people truly are disturbed. That's a torture weapon."

"As a matter of fact it was designed for that purpose. Just in case we ever captured a Jaffa or Goa'uld, we'd have the means to extract information."

"You would not have any means to extract information. Most Jaffa will welcome death over dishonor. And a captured Goa'uld would abandon his host to take another."

"Your words are of no comfort Teal'c."

"They are not meant to be. When one decides that their path must involve torture, one has made the decision to face consequences that he has or has not made himself ready for."

In the trees they saw a stirring. There was a click over the radio indicating that O'Neill and Daniel were in place. Teal'c looked back at the Can'al. "Here is the time of the struggle, there will be those of you who may fall in combat, and some may fell others. Remember this day that no matter the outcome, you have fought to regain that which you have lost, your honor."

Most looked at him with a basic understanding, but a few couldn't keep their eyes off of the village. The stirring in their souls said that what was to come was their own fault. Had they chosen to tell Tor'ena that they were no killers, but scientists they wouldn't be here.  Now there were planning on pitting themselves against their people. Carter tried reassuring them that this was a common feeling when someone's not used to battle. They merely nodded with half-hearted smiles. Teal'c stood firm as stone. He started looking through the ranks and split them up evenly between Carter and himself.

"My team will head east of the village yours will head west Major Carter. We will try to take out their defenses. O'Neill and Daniel Jackson will give us cover fire."

"Carter to Col. O'Neill."

"O'Neill here."

 "We're about to start our run. You and Daniel need to present cover fire for when we flush out our problem children."

 "Got it."

"Carter out."

*************************************************************

Jack looked back at Daniel. "I still give orders in this outfit right?"

"You're the man Jack."

"Yes, yes I am."

The two took point and before too long the familiar sounds of a Staff Weapon and a P-90 filled the air. There were people in the village screaming they were under siege. Jack fired his P-90 and a red burst came from the direction he fired. He smelled burning wood and the distinct sound of a tree being cut.

"Carter, what the hell are they shooting?!"

"Laser Darts sir. Be careful."

"Thanks for the heads up!" He moved further up the brush and found one of the guys firing the darts. A random succession of them came screaming over his head. Jack looked up and fired, killing the man. The dart gun fell to the ground and rolled. He took out his Zat and fired it three times until the weapon disappeared. He figured he'd have his chance to get another one.

 Daniel took off with his .45 in hand. He went into the village and started pulling away people that got hit with the darts. Most were bloody messes. Several of them looked up at him. One not but two steps away from death's door spoke to Daniel. He questioned why this had to happen. Daniel could offer no answer, as he slipped off to sleep Daniel merely held the dying man's hand. He looked up and there were fires all over the village, dying people. And then Teal'c appeared out of the trees. He fired at an armed man and of course he fell under the blast of the Staff Weapon. He looked to see a bullet riddled Morana. He saw O'Neill charge through trying to reach him.

"Teal'c what the hell is going on here? We leave for a couple of days and you find a way to start a war?"

"These people fight for a freedom from tyranny. We have merely took up their cause because our lives were threatened too."

"Well as long as you had a reason." Teal'c looked down at Morana whose expression was that of shock. He looked around the village like a sentinel. By this point the enemy had thrown down their weapons.

"TOR'ENA!!! COME AND FACE ME!" A laser dart came screaming from one of the buildings.

 "You and your infernal people! You've ruined everything!" O'Neill dropped to the ground and signaled Teal'c. He was going to circle around the building. He took off to the woods and Teal'c shut down his radio. "Carter, come in."

"Carter here. You and Daniel take up point around the south and east points, I'm taking north."

"Yes sir." Both Carter and Daniel ran and made their way to position behind other buildings. O'Neill let out a flare and Teal'c turned his radio back on. He pointed his staff weapon and a dart fired one more time. Teal'c dropped and rolled quickly getting a gash put across his chest by the dart. Then a hail of bullet fire started. The moment seemed to slow itself down. In moments the wall collapsed and Tor'ena fell down. He crawled to where his weapon lay and he picked it up. He pointed it at Teal'c and tried squeezing the trigger. Teal'c got out of the way and grabbed the weapon from the dying leader's hand.

"The reckoning of your people has done this to you. Your plans of conquest have been your undoing, and even now at the doors of your Gods you still do not see it. Your people will survive Tor'ena, and I hope with the freedom from your plans they will live and prosper where you would hinder them."

Tal'nia looked at her dying leader and just bowed her head. She looked back to SG-1 and gave her appreciation. "You have no idea what you've done for us this day."

"Well, we like to think it was nothing." Jack said.

"It was indeed something. Our people already see the path in which Tor'ena and Morana had planned for us. And there are whispers that they are glad it ended this way and not in our total annihilation."

"Well, let's see here. We've got our calibrator and no crystal, so we'd best find one."

"Uh, sir…," Carter pulled out the diamond.

"Then I think it's about time we went home don't you?"

"Will you not stay for a celebration?"

"No, no. Our job is a thankless one, we're all in it for the exploration, not the parties." Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c looked at him. Jack looked with a weird expression on his face.

"What?"

Daniel and Sam smiled to one another and shook their heads, Teal'c merely raised his eyebrow and walked away. Jack followed them.

 "Let's go home people."

"Jack, are we okay?" Daniel asked.

"No, and I don't expect we will be for awhile. Let's just get home, and we'll talk about it more later."

Carter looked at Daniel with concern.

"You two have a rough time?"

Daniel looked at the ground ahead of him with a downhearted look. "You don't know the half of it."

The End

Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:
Sorry to have done all the chapters in one night.  This is the first real fanfic I'd ever really finished and I was rather proud of it.  As I've gone through it I know there's holes in it the size of trucks, but I hope you enjoy it just the same!