Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Episode #1 - Renegade

by LuckyFoot
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

The next day was bright for Colorado and Jeremiah arrived on base and scanned in before eight. He had still be relieved of command, but granted permission to return to his house for the night. Major Stace's apartment had bare furnishings as he preferred to live on base, but that day he needed to be alone. Even Tanis remained silent for the night allowing him to grieve for the loss of his love.

 

Also in the night, a small plan began to form in his mind for revenge, it was not anything concrete, but it was something.

 

After passing the guard at the hallway with a palm scan, Major Stace rode the elevator all the way down to the 28th floor and stepped out.

 

"Good morning, sir." Said a bright and chipper voice. Jeremiah turned and saw a young woman saluting him. Quickly glancing at the shoulders for a rank and then the name tag, he slung his overcoat to the other arm and returned the salute.

 

"Captain Walker."

 

"Could you tell me where General Hammond's office is. I only arrived yesterday and I can't remember." She answered with a bright smile.

 

‘It's to early for cheerfulness.' Jeremiah felt Tanis say.

 

A small smile quickly tugged at the side of his mouth, but he nodded to the Captain to cover it up. "I'm heading there myself. If you care to follow."

 

"Of course, sir." She answered quickly.

 

The two started down the hall, but Walker was still talkative.

 

"I've heard a rumor around the base that there was some excitement yesterday."

 

"Oh?" Stace said half ignoring her.

 

"Yes." She continued on without noticing. "Something about one of the officers decking a Tok'ra. Let him have it right in the jaw. Some of the enlisted say that they had to pull this guy off of them. Something about murder and love."

 

She laughed brightly. "Never a dull moment is it?"

 

Stace ignored her as they arrived to the office. Colonel O'Neill stepped out and Walker snapped him a salute. Caught slightly off, he answered the salute and then look directly at Stace.

 

"Major."

 

"Colonel."

 

For a second the two just stared at each other, a cold glare from Major Stace.

 

"Is this General Hammond's office?" Walker asked beginning to sense something was off.

 

"Yes. He's expecting you both."

 

Again, Walker saluted a little confused of what to do and both entered the officer.

 

"Major Stace and Captain Walker reporting as ordered, sir!" Stace said saluted the General in the center seat.

 

"Major. At ease the both of you." Hammond said standing. "Captain Walker, welcome to the SGC. You come with high marks from your previous commander."

 

"Thank you, sir." Amy answered. "if I may say, sir. I'm still a little shocked over everything I've been told."

 

"I've been hear for three years now, Captain. It doesn't wear off." Hammond answered with a smile. "If you'll wait a moment."

 

He motioned to a chair in front of his desk and turned to Stace. "Major. I had a long talk with Colonel O'Neill about your behavior yesterday. You put me in a hard position with your actions. The Tok'ra are our allies now and I can't have you just punching one when you feel like it."

 

"Permission to speak freely, sir?"  Stace asked his voice even.

 

"Granted."

 

"Sir, it was you who put me in that position."

 

"How so, Major?"

 

"After all that happened, I was unready to handle the Tok'ra's questioning." Stace said.

 

Hammond shook his head. "You were carrying vital information that was necessary for the Tok'ra to overthrow the Goa'uld.  They needed that information ASAP."

 

"Sir."

 

"I'm sorry, Major, but that's the way it is. I know what you're going through, but you're a soldier and we're speaking of protecting not only our planet, but those of our allies too."

 

Stace remained silent.

 

"Colonel O'Neill has asked me to skip any punitive actions for now. I'm keeping you off the active roster until further notice. Major Whitaker of SG-2 will take your place for now."

 

Hammond turned to Captain Walker who had paled realizing her blunder earlier. "Captain Walker, I'm assigning you to SG-11 and you will be immediately back to duty after we find your team's fourth. Dismissed."

 

The two officers saluted and stepped outside. Once the door closed, Amanda turned to Stace.

 

"Sir, I didn't know. I apologize."

 

Stace turned heel without answering and walked off.

 

                                                ------------------------------------

 

It was at the same time that Rojc was attempting to call his long time girlfriend, yet could not get through, her mobile was switched off.  This was particularly unusual as she was forever texting her mates, and in all the time Rojc had known her her phone was never off.

 

Finally it started ringing, and someone answered, it was a mans voice

 

"Hello" Rojc called, "who is this?"

 

"May I ask whose calling please."

 

"Its Dade, where is Lauren?"

 

"I'm sorry to tell you sir, but Lauren was involved in an accident, she is at Saint Meredith Hospital, do you know her next of kin?"

 

Dade collapsed into the chair that was fortunately behind him, his throat dry, he struggled to find the words, "How is she?"

 

"I'm afraid that's confidential sir, could you put me in touch with her family?"

 

"I'm the closest thing she has to family!" Rojc almost shouted, worry overcoming his mind.

 

"Then I must ask you come down and prove that for us sir, as soon as possible."

 

Dade nodded, then once again rasped out, "Yeah, I'm on my way."

 

Hanging up the phone he pulled on his jacket and headed out of the base.

 

                                                -------------------------------

 

Jeremiah opened and then slammed his quarter's door. With a fight of rage both expressed by him and Tanis inside, he swung his fist and smashed the lamp of the table.

 

Behind him he heard two distinct whines of a Zat weapon and Stace spun to face the assailants in the room.

 

Standing in the corner of the room, the two Tok'ra agents stood there with their Zats trained on him.

 

"I see the Tok'ra have added breaking and entering to there list of specialties." Jeremiah said turning back to his bed and grabbing his knap sack. He kicked the broken lamp aside.

 

"Not one more move."

 

The menace in the voice of the younger Tok'ra made Stace pause.

 

"What's up you two?"

 

"Who are you?" Nuten asked stepping forward slightly.

 

"You know perfectly well who I am." Stace answered eyeing them both.

 

"I can sense you, Goa'uld. Speak now or I'll hand you're corpse to the Tau'ri."

 

Stace felt Tanis exert control and Stace relinquished it to the symbiote. His eyes glowed ominously.

 

"Cha'mell Khala, Ha'taaka!" Tanis growled. ‘What do you want, Vile ones!'

 

"Who are you and what is your purpose here?" Nuten answered as Julna bristled at the accusation.

 

"My purpose here is of my own concern, Tok'ra. Unless you have something you wish to say, leave." Tanis said in the flanged voice.

 

"You are not in a position to bargain, Goa'uld." Julna said stepping forward. "Answer the question."

 

"Do not assume you have the tactical advantage. That is your mistake." The Goa'uld responded. He paused and then continued like it was an after thought to answer their question. "I am Tanis."

 

"Tanis..." Nuten said. "...So, it was true. Your host was killed."

 

"By Bastet, yes." Tanis answered. "This human offered me sanctuary."

 

"You expect us to believe that?" Julna hissed.

 

"Young fool." Tanis answered. "Have you're seniors taught you nothing? I am P'Nai. I do not lie."

 

"That still doesn't explain why you are here?" Nuten continued.

 

Tanis turned his back to them and leaned down to pick up the remains of the lamp. The obvious snub had it's effect.

 

"The Tau'ri would love to have you for questions, Goa'uld." Julna said.

 

"Yes, they would. They would love to know how the Tok'ra are using them to goad Apophis in to a rash move. How many Tau'ri have died so far? Interesting ways of using your allies." Tanis said with a smirk.

 

"What are you talking about?" Julna said. Nuten beside him de-activated his Zat.

 

"Your senior knows what I speak of. I am not rich and powerful like a System Lord so I must relies on the same tools that you Tok'ra use. Deceit, spying, and treachery to get the information I need. I do believe the Tau'ri would love to know what you've been doing."

 

"They would not believe you." Nuten said simply.

 

"No, but from that point they'll question every request you make. That'll be enough damage to your ‘cause'."

 

Tanis sat down and folded his hands in his lap. "If that is all, Tok'ra. You have my permission to leave."

 

Nuten stood there studying Tanis while Julna just glared. With a short nod, Nuten turned and left.

 

Jeremiah felt Tanis relinquish control. ‘You must find something to save ourselves soon. They will contact there precious council and my threat may not hold up.'