Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Episode #1 - Renegade

by LuckyFoot
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The stargate’s iris slid open with a metallic grin to allow SG-5 to return through the gate from their successful mission of QRT-938. Dade stood in the control room toward the back as General Hammond gave the orders for them for a briefing an hour for now. The Englishman watched the gate deactivate with a swirl and he crossed his arms frowning.

“You’ll be back out there, Dade. Don’t worry about it.” Jack O’Neil said as he came up from one of the side doors.

Colonel Rojc glanced over and nodded with a curt nod. “Yes, we’ll be out there again.”

“Lunch? Their serving hotdogs and pumpkin pie today.” Jack said.

Dade nodded and followed him through the door. “You Yanks have always had strange combinations.”

“Yeah, I think the chef is a Snake trying to kill us.” he said with a laugh.

The cafeteria was not far and they soon arrived in to the room and found one of the tables to sit out. The bustle of lunch had started and many ranks stood in line collecting their food. Dade watched the food added to his plate and wondered if this food was what he was going to get in jail if he and Jeremiah were caught.

After they started in to their food, Jack took a swig of his coke and nodded to Dade. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine.” Dade answered.

“No, I mean, how are you doing with what happened with your team?”

The feeling of helplessness and rage filled him again as he remembered Jeremiah’s voice when he told him his mate was dead and how he couldn’t save Tomlinson and Baxter, two fine officers.

“It’s not easy loosing anyone under your command. I’ve been there.” Jack continued.

“I’m fine, Colonel.” Dade said with a slight snarl. “And you don’t know how I feel.”

Jack frowned taken aback. “What do you mean?”

“Your team is still alive. You haven’t lost a single member through any of your missions. I lost three of my friends in one day. Jeremiah lost the woman he loved. You don’t understand remotely how we’re feeling right now.”

O’Neil bristled. “I lost a lot of good men. I lost men when we first discovered the gate and Kowalski and Fereti later when he continued to explore. It’s part of the job.”

“Well, it’s not part of my job, Colonel. If you’ll excuse me.”

Colonel Rojc stood and left the cafeteria infuriated. The perfect SG-1, flagship of the whole entire program.

“Arrogant Americans.”
----------------------------------

“Sergeant Hamilton York, I presume.” General Hammond said looking up from his desk as the man entered filling the door jam.

“Yes, sir.” he said with a brisk salute.

Hammond opened a folder on his desk and flipped through it. “Welcome to the SGC. Captain Carter brief you on what’s going on here?”

“Yes, sir…as far as I could understand it. A lot of it went over my head, sir.”

Hammond smiled. “That’s under stable. Captain Carter can get carried away with the science of the stargate project. You’ll get used to it. I take it from this file, you’re an expert in communications equipment and certified on MALPs for the Army.”

“As a civilian contractor, you understand that there are some parts of this project that we can’t tell you about.”

“Yes, sir.” York said with a slight smirk.

“Report to Sergeant Siler then. He’ll get you started.”

With a salute again, York spun on his heel and left and passed Daniel Jackson as he entered.

“New recruit? I didn’t know civilians had to salute.”

“They don’t.” Hammond said sitting back in his chair. “He’s a career man. Hard to break habits like that.”

Daniel nodded and sat down. “Got a minute, sir?”

“Of course, Dr. Jackson. What can I do for you?”

“It’s about SG-11.”

Hammond stiffened slightly at the name, but nodded. “Colonel Rojc or Major Stace?”

“Major Stace. I’m a little worried that he’s under to much anger and grief.”

“He’s a trained soldier, Doctor. He knows how to deal with it.”

“Does he, sir? He didn’t look like he was in control in the conference room two days ago.” Daniel said stirring slightly in his chair. He began studying a paperweight as he talked.

“What do you suggest, doctor?” Hammond asked.

“Well, Major Stace seems to be angry at the world. That’s natural, but Colonel Rojc also seems to be nastier…toward Americans or anyone else. He’s pulling in to his shell so to speak.”

“He just lost four people on his team, Doctor. It’s expected.”

“I don’t know what to say, sir. Something feels different like a conspiracy. I can’t explain it. Something in their eyes, the way they talk, like they are planning something.”

“Revenge, maybe?”

“How do you take revenge on a System Lord?” Daniel asked. “We barely survive ourselves.”

“Well, you can relax, Doctor. They aren’t cleared to leave any time soon and I’ve been considering transferring Major Stace out of the SGC.”

“Oh?”

“Even if he gets over this, I don’t think he’ll be able to function as well in a team.” Hammond said folding his hands on the desk. “I haven’t made it final yet, but he hasn’t been helping his case.”

Daniel smiled weakly and stood. “Thanks for your time, General.”

“Any time.”

-----------------------------------

“Well?”

Dade turned to look at Jeremiah who had just exited the elevator with Hamilton behind him. They wore their civilian clothes and stepped aside for the base personnel leaving.

Before Rojc could answer, a voice came cheerily from his side. “Good evening, Colonel.”

Rojc and Stace turned to face Captain Walker with her ever-present grin and bright chipper salute.

“Captain.” Rojc answered.

“Looking forward to going on a mission with you, sir.” she said brightly rocking slightly on her heels and a big smile across her face.

“Not for a week, Captain. You can be patient till then.” Rojc said looking quickly past her down the hallway and noticing things were clear. “Going home for the night?”

“Yes, though you seem to be up late.” she answered inquisitively.

“Things we got to do.” Stace answered.

“Well, have a good night, sir.” she answered and left with a slight jump in her walk.

“A hate new soldiers.” Hamilton muttered. “They’re always perky.”

The trio continued down the hall and came to the armory. The lock was sealed and with a quick swipe, the door opened.

“Alright, you know what to grab. Let’s go.”

They quickly shed their civilian clothes for the black tactical cloth underneath they had been wearing. Rojc clipped a P-90 on his vest clip and passed them out. A hand gun on the left hip and a Zat on the right, they filled every ammo pocket and clipped grenades on their belt.

“Now, that’s what I’m talking about.” Hamilton said with glee.

Stace turned and saw him lift a SAW from its hook. “That’s to big, Sergeant.”

“If I’m going against those glowing eyed freaks, we’re going to need firepower. This…this is firepower.”

Rojc nodded. “If you can carry that thing.”

“Don’t worry about that,” he said shoving four high capacity magazines in to his backpack.

“Food verified, sir.” Stace said zipping up each secondary backpack. “We’ve got enough for 2 months.”

“We’ll have food before then.” Rojc said after going over his stuff a second time.

Hamilton patted the SAW and smiled. “Shall we go now before someone stops us?”

-------------------------

Knowing that it was foolish to forget her card, Amy had returned down all the floors to retrieve it from the women’s locker room when she noticed the open armory door. She watched it slam shut and Colonel Rojc, Major Stace, and the black man troop out with a large array of firepower.

‘Oh, no! I must have missed the mission call between floors!’ she panicked and rushed forward to quickly suit up and meet them in the gate room.

------------------------------

The two airmen had gone for their side arms, but as Stace already had his Zat out, he had dropped them with a blast each from the weapon.

“Thumb drive.” Dade called and Stace tossed it to him as he went to another computer. York stood by the door watching the many entrances. Only a technician came through and he was quickly dropped.

“I’m not comfortable with all this killing.” York muttered.

Dade finished uploading the program to the gate computer and holstered his zat. “Don’t worry. One shot only stuns. If you shoot them again they’ll be killed.”

“Nifty.” the man said admiring the snake shaped weapon.

“Alright, to the gate room.”

They trooped down the steps and in to the gate room and a cold chill gripped Rojc. Standing in the gate room was Captain Carter with four of her technicians working on a device.

“I need more power.” she called out to one of them. The other looked up and saw them and frowned.

“I said more power.” Samantha repeated and turned to see them standing there.

“Colonel Rojc?”

“Captain.” he answered quickly trying to think of an excuse to buy them time.

“Is there a problem?”

“No, Captain. We’re waiting for our mission to start.”

“There’s a mission scheduled this late?”

“Planet we’re going to is in its day time right now, Captain.” Major Stace said stepping up.

Samantha frowned. “I thought you weren’t cleared to leave, sir.”

“General Hammond decided to re-add me.”

The door behind them swished open and Captain Walker came walk in with her smile. “Ready to go, Colonel.”

Rojc spun around and saw the small woman all suited up and stammered.

“What are you doing here, Captain?”

“The mission. I saw you getting ready and thought I missed the call.” she answered puzzled.

“Go home, Captain. We don’t need you on this one.” Stace said.

“Colonel?” Samantha said.

‘How can this get worse?’ Rojc thought to himself.

“Un-authorized gate activation.” the voice called out over the speakers as the gate’s inner track began spinning.

Rojc had to give Captain Carter credit. She had realized what was up very quickly and began to turn and run for the alarm button. The three Zats popped out to discourage her or any of the technicians from trying.

“Colonel! What are you doing?” Samantha demanded.

“Doing what the SGC is incapable of doing.” Rojc said with a growl.

“Stand down, Colonel!”

Colonel Rojc turned to see General Hammond in the control room.

“No, sir.”

“Security!”

The room flooded as soldiers came running in. Stace jumped forward and fastened his hand on her suit and yanked her forward. He placed the zat to her head.
“Move and she’s dead.” Stace said backing up to use her as a shield.

“I can’t override the gate, sir,” the soldier at the gate controls said over the speaker.

“Close the iris.” The general ordered, but the technician shook his head. “They’ve disabled all control, sir.”

With a whoosh, the gate opened and they stepped on the ramp and moved toward the event horizon.

“Colonel, if you do this, you’ll be deserting. Stand down now.” Hammond said grabbing the microphone.

“The choice is made, sir.” Rojc said and stepped through the gate with York behind him. Stace roughly tossed Walker through.

The rage of Tanis filled him as he saw the glare from General Hammond and before he realized what he was doing, he fired a zat blast at the window with a snarl and through himself backward through the wormhole before the soldiers could open fire. The gate shut down leaving the room quiet.