Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

No Bravery

by Aya
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
it was origonally inspired by "No Bravery" by james blunt, but things got outta hand.... haha and if I never finish it, and you wanna know what happens, just send me some hate mail k? I need motivation =D
Kapitel Bemerkung:

 

The horizon was covered with flames, as the fire balls fell from the sky, and once they stopped, Sam ran down to the village. Where there survivors? Was anyone left alive? Or was it just Sam and Tsukiomi?

<><><><><><> 

Two days earlier:

“Seems kind of wired, not having Jack play pilot every time we step through the ‘gate” Daniel said, as SG-1 stepped onto the planet designated P3X-666

“Well, with you saying random things every time we go through, it’s as though the Generals always with us.” Sam said grinning.

“So in other words…”

“You’ve been hanging around General O’Neill too much. That way.” Sam said, pointing north.

<><><><><><> 

Their goal was a village, about the size of Colorado Springs, there where maybe ten thousand people there and they wanted to say hi, so about four hours later, they walked out of the woods, and up to the gate of the village.

“Where do you come from, stranger?” the guard asked, looking skeptical. “You are not from Babylon.”

“We come from a planet called Earth.” Daniel said, automatically taking up the role of negotiator. “I’m Daniel, and this is Colonel Samantha Carter and Teal’c. We are explorers, and wish to be your friends.”

“Then enter friend, and we shall take you to our leader; Princess Abi.”

The guard led them through the village, and as they watched Sam looked around. There where children playing, men working and women cleaning, the average primitive village.

The women used washboards and cloths lines, the Men used swords and arrows, and large stones to sharpen them, the houses where made of kindling wood. It was a village that would burn easily, no doubt about that.

And yet, so large, so many people…

“Princess Abi will see you in a few minutes; however she is momentarily medicating her mother.” A young woman said, coming out of the mansion like house that Sam just realized they’d stopped at.

While they waited Sam observed their surroundings, and watched as the children played their games tag, and make believe.

 “She will see you now.” The woman said, unlatching the door. “Please, this way.”

The interior of the building was decorated with veils and fabrics, mostly reds, but a few gold scattered around; the woman escorting them was probably about five eight (about an inch shorter then Sam) with long crimson hair that reached to about her knees, she was wearing a figure fitting dress that matched the interior of the building, and an elaborately jeweled necklace.

“Through this door.” The woman said, opening the door for them.

The room where Princess Abi was waiting must have been the dining room, there were much the same decorations, only there was a mahogany, red and gold jeweled dining table in the middle of the room, and sitting at the head of the table, was a young lady, who looked to be around fifteen or sixteen, there where about six young girls, who looked to be around the age of ten that where sitting close to the princess at the table.

When SG-1 entered the room, she rose to greet them

“I am Abi, I am sorry my mother, the true leader of this city, could not be here, but she is deathly ill, and I fear I may soon lose her.”

“I’m very sorry to hear that Princess.” Sam said, taking in her appearance. Princess Abi was dressed in the same red and gold theme that the mansion had, her dress fit her snugly, the neck swooped down in a v, that stopped just short of showing off her cleavage, the sleeves where tight until they reached her elbow, at which point they belled out, there was a v shape in the sleeve, leaving an opening to the inside of her elbow, and the sleeves trailed long behind her, the skirt of the dress was cut belled, much like the sleeves, but it hung limply by her side, and trailed behind her in a long train.

The crown that the princess wore was much like a necklace, draped delicately over her forehead, with a small teardrop ruby hanging from it, the chains of the crown swooped back into her golden blond hair, which was done up in a series of loops, and the lower hair hang low to her waist.

“Laora tells me that you are from another world, and that you wish to be friends.”

“Yes,” Daniel said, stepping in. “We would like to speak with you about trading.”

“Trading what, might I ask? Surely we have nothing to interest you?”

“Actually, your land has something very promising in it, as do your people, but we would like to help you either way.”

“I do not follow.”

“You say your mothers sick?”

“Yes, it started out as a simple illness, but, like the others, it got worse, much worse, and we do not know how to help them.”

“Well we have medicines, I’m not sure how much use they will be, but we may be able to help them.”

“My mother is dying as we speak, I fear the end comes soon, perhaps even now, but if you have a way to help the others… what would you wish in return?”

“You that substance you use to make your necklaces out of? We use that stuff as a fuel, we call it Naquada.”

“Our world is very rich in this substance, and it is very durable, we use it for our horse’s shoes, our swords and arrows… if you have a way to help our people, we would be more than willing to part with this… ‘Naquada’.”

<><><><><><> 

Another servant showed SG-1 to the building that they where going to stay in that night. Sam waited until the servant left, then confronted Daniel.

“Daniel what’s going on, you’ve been acting strangely ever since the guard called this place Babylon.”

“Sam, Babylon is the name of the next planet…” Daniel hesitated looking nervous and slightly sick.

“Daniel, spit it out.”

“It’s the name of the next planet Ba’al is planning on attacking.”

<><><><><><> 

            Sam and Daniel agreed that they’d head back first thing in the morning to tell General O’Neill what they knew.

            Daniel and Teal’c both bedded down, and Sam took the first watch. Startled by the sound of knocking, Sam Grabbed her zat and cracked the door partially open. Laora was standing there, in a red night gown with a gold shawl wrapped tightly around herself.

            “Colonel Carter. Her majesty Princess Abi wishes to see you.” The woman said politely.

“Yes… just let me wake-“

“No matter, she wishes to see only you.”

“I’ll be out in a moment.”

“Very well.” Closing the door, Sam walked over to the bed where Daniel was sleeping. It was almost his watch anyway, although that meant all the less sleep for Sam, she could deal with that, she couldn’t however; deal with leaving her team un-guarded.

“Daniel” Sam said quietly, so as not to wake Teal’c.

“Sam? Is it my watch already?”

“Yeah… hey I gotta go see the Princess for something.”

“What? I’ll come with you!”

“No, that would leave Teal’c alone, and she only wants me.”

“Why only you?”

“I dunno, I guess I’ll see when I get there.”

“Okay, is there at least any coffee?”

“Yeah, it’s over the fire place.”