Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cuckoo In The Nest

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Just a little bit more and then this is done.
Margee stood beside Hih as she reported what was happening on Earth to the Council on the screen before her. She was hoping the Council would believe the testimony she was giving because she had in the short time spent with the Tauri come to like them a great deal.

The ones she had spoken with on the journey to Earth, although reluctant to speak much about what had happened to them at the hands of the Andurians were more than happy to talk about Atlantis and their loved ones.

“They are fighting for their home now,” Margee told them, “You need to make your decision now.”

Hih placed his hand on Margee’s arm to pull her back.

“I have seen the evidence provided by the Tauri,” he told the Council, “Thor, High Commander of the Asgard has confirmed that Samantha Carter is Andurian. We have a duty to rein our children in.”

The Council turned to one another, communicating telepathically and making their decision. Finally Kei’lt, the leader of the Council for the session stood, “We are agreed. We shall stop our Andurian children from their pursuit of domination.”

Relief filled Margee as the screen went blank. Her new friends now had the backing they required to free their homeworld.

*********************************************

Rodney moved to the computer as Laura took up position at the door to protect him from any attack. Quickly he hooked up his laptop to the system, frowning that the passwords had been changed Rodney began hacking.

He remembered the day he’d been asked to update the systems, it was back when he’d actually believed in Carter and it horrified him what he might have done if he hadn’t went after Miko that day.

“Well?” Laura asked nervously.

Rodney glanced round seeing that she was standing at the door ready to protect him.

“I’m almost there,” he replied.

“Well, hurry up,” Laura called back, “I’ve got a feeling she’s about to hit the button soon.”

“Is Teal’c there yet?”

“Nope.”

“She’ll wait for him,” Rodney told her, “Doing it with the three members of SG1 there unable to stop her blowing up a country is her style.”


Daniel was desperately trying to ignore the image of Sha’re that was all around the room, he knew Carter had put it there to throw him and it did. He needed to stay focussed on here and now, to not think about his wife back in Atlantis with their son or the daughter they thought lost who was in relative safety upon Thor’s ship.

“This is getting boring,” Sam mused, “Where is Teal’c? Waiting for an engraved invitation?”

“He’ll be here,” Jack replied with a smirk, “Are you in a rush for any reason?”

Sam laughed darkly, “Of course not but I was hoping he’d be here for this little trick,” she turned to the younger of the two men and pulled out a device he was familiar with, “Do you recognise this?”

“I don’t have the thing in my back anymore,” Daniel reminded her, “Neither does Rodney.”

“I know,” she said mockingly, “But there is one more little thing it did that removing it won’t stop.”

“Really?”

Sam smirked at them, “Goodbye, Daniel.”

When she hit the button Daniel winced, he folded over covering his face with his hands before standing up and looking at her, “Was that supposed to do something?”

Anger filled her eyes and she slammed her hand against the desk, but before she could say anything Teal’c walked in.

“Well,” she ground out, “The gangs all here. How about we say goodbye to the Italians?”

With a smirk she touched the computer to show she was in charge here and now.


Jack and Daniel moved to either side of Teal’c so they were facing Carter across the desk as she tried to destroy the country once more but again nothing happened.

“We removed it from Rodney too,” Daniel noted making Jack smile slightly, “And he has disabled the Protocol.”

“So,” Jack took over from his friend, “Why don’t you give up now because you have nothing left. The reports I have show that you’ve lost already. Your forces are almost gone, the humans working for you have realised they’re on the wrong side and have gone home.”

“I don’t lose,” Sam snarled at him, “This is my world.”

“This is our world,” Daniel replied.

Sam started to laugh again, “Did you really think I would go away? Did you think the Andurians will give up this world because you bring a ship and a rag tag group of rebels?” she let out a snort of amusement, “This isn’t Star Wars. The Andurians will just come and subjugate this pathetic planet. This way people had the illusion of freedom, now…now you’ve condemned them to hell.”

Silence filled the room for a few minutes before Jack spoke up again, “Actually, we didn’t bring one ship.”

“Really?” Sam mocked, “Are you counting the little ships that made one big one? Fine I’ll give you two ships.”

“Actually, we brought the Furlings,” Jack told her, “Who are at this precise moment in time making sure the Andurians cause no more trouble.”

*********************************************

Janet clearly remembered their first night on Atlantis. She and Daniel stood on the balcony of the central tower taking a break from the chaos of settling in, staring in amazement at the view before them. She would never forget how he’d put his arm around her shoulders and smiled.

“This is a brand new start for us, Janet,” he said softly, “We’ve got a whole new world in front of us.”

As she stood now on the bridge of the Star watching the people who had come together as a family fight against the creatures that had tried to take everything from them.

“John,” she called over the radio, “I’m reading several more ships coming.”

“Big? Small?” John called back, “Give me something to work with here.”

Janet chuckled, “Small. They look like they’re the support troops from Mars.”

“Let me know if anything else pops up,” he replied.

“I’m watching over you,” Janet promised.


John watched the Andurian Mothership in front of him as it lost power falling into darkness.

“We still have ships coming,” Green called over the radio.

“I know,” John replied as he spun the connected shuttles round, “Ready to disconnect in three…two…one. Release,”

John smiled to himself as his team split in one easy movement; it had taken Jack a lot of drilling to get them to be able to do that and he could see that the Andurians had definitely not been expecting them to do that.

He knew all they were really doing now was protecting their two ships until the Furlings stopped the Andurians and the original SG1 stopped Carter. He just wished they would hurry up.

Suddenly the stars above him seemed to disappear and John’s eyes widened as he realised a new ship had arrived and it was massive.

“Janet,” he called over his radio, “Tell me you’re seeing this?”

To his surprise she chuckled over the line, “Oh yeah,” she replied, “It’s the Furlings and they’re not happy with their kids.”

John grinned and watched as the large ship swallowed up the Andurian Mothership before all the fighters disappeared in a white light.

“All ships return to the Star,” John ordered, his job was over he just hoped the battle on the ground was finished as well.

*********************************************

Sam felt her blood burn with anger, annoyed that remnants of the human disguise still lingered in her at this moment. This wasn’t the way it was supposed to be happening, Daniel was supposed to have no memory, Rodney was supposed to have no memory and she would have subdued this ridiculous ‘rebellion’ O’Neill had put together. Still with the three men in the room with her she could at least kill them properly this time.

Suddenly the room began to shake and Daniel smirked at her.

“That’s the F’rrrrr’li’,” he said in that annoying smug tone he sometimes got, especially when he’d just been proven right after a fight.

“They’re here because you’ve been bad little boys and girls,” Jack took over with a similar smug grin on his face.

Before Sam could reply the view screen suddenly came on and the Andurian council appeared, cries and shouting could be heard in the background and Ithin glared at her.

“This is your fault,” he snarled, “You promised us the humans were an easy target, now you have brought destruction upon us.”

“I…”

Ithin cut her off, “You’ve always known the penalty for failure, Samantha.”

Panic filled her, “I can turn this around. I…” before she could finish her sentence Sam started to choke as the poison took hold.

“We have lost everything because of your ineptitude,” he continued, “And you shall pay for your failure.”


Daniel watched as the woman who had tortured him, hurt his wife in so many ways, and had forced so many people to flee to another galaxy to be safe as she choked and gasped for air. As she fell to the ground at Jack’s feet Daniel’s mind flicked back to the day Sha’re had first been taken by Apophis. After the doctor had checked him out Daniel had found a seat and just sat staring into space when a mug of coffee and a sandwich was placed in front of him on a stool. Sam Carter had been his friend, his confidant and had helped him survive the military structure for those first few months when he was lost in the fresh loss of his wife.

Crouching down Daniel took her hand.

“You,” she snarled managing to sneer through the pain, “This is your fault.”

Daniel shook his head, “You made your own mess.”

She managed to laugh, although it sounded more like she was gargling with grit, “At least…I…die knowing…knowing what you…never will.”

Daniel leaned forward, “If you mean my daughter. She’s safe and I’m taking her home to her mother and brother.”

“Wha…”

“Sha’re’s alive,” Daniel told her, aware of Jack and Teal’c kneeling down so the three of them were leaning over the woman who had once been their teammate, “She’s in Atlantis with our son. Teal’c has his family back. Janet and Cassie are together and Jack has been spending a lot of time with them. We have everything, you have nothing. And the people you sold us out to just killed you.” Looking at Jack and Teal’c who were watching blankly Daniel turned back to her, “We won.”

Sam glared at him before her body shook and with one last gasp she was gone.


Jack watched as Daniel closed the eyes of the woman lying dead on the floor before them. Accepting Teal’c’s help off the ground Jack touched his radio checking the status of the rest of his people.

“Danny?” Jack called to him.

Daniel looked up at his friend sadness in his eyes.

“We could never have saved her,” Jack reminded him, “And if we did she would never be the Sam Carter we knew back when this began. That Carter didn’t exist for a long time and we still have a lot of work to do.”

Pulling himself to his feet Daniel refocused, “We need to bury her.”

“The Furlings are taking all the Andurians,” Jack told him.

Daniel frowned for a second before he nodded, “Okay. As long as there’s no way she is violated. No matter what she did I won’t let that happen.”

Jack rested his hand on his friend’s shoulder just before the body before them disappeared, it was over.

They’d won.