Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cuckoo In The Nest

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Enjoy
Lara Ford held the table leg hoping that the men in front of her were here to help; her weapon wasn’t going to do much good it they weren’t. All six of them were heavily pregnant with the creatures Carter had put in them and none of them would be able to run fast enough to get away from them.

“My name is Daniel Jackson,” the leader told them, “We’re here to help. I promise.”

Slowly lowering the table leg Lara let out a sigh, “Good. The last thing we need is someone here to hurt us some more.”

Daniel moved into the room and Lara watched as he looked around taking in the five girls she was protecting.

“Okay,” he said softly before touching his radio, “Radek, I have six pregnant women here. As soon as the shield is down take them up along with the kids.”

“Hold on,” a man with an accent she couldn’t place said.

Daniel turned back to Lara, “In a few minutes, hopefully, we’re going to transport you to a ship. You’ll be safer there until this is over.”

Lara nodded, “Thank you.”

“Daniel,” the other man’s voice came again, “We’re ready to beam them up. Thor is going to look after both them and the babies.”

Lara sighed in relief.

“I’ll see you later,” Daniel told her just before the world dissolved into a white light.


Daniel watched as the six women disappeared relieved to know that the transporters were working again which meant his daughter was safe. Turning to the others he sighed.

“Time to go, “Daniel told the team with his before touching his radio again, “Watson, how’re you doing?”

“We’ve cleared the rest of this place,” the reply came, “We’ve got all the civilians out. You can head for the office. O’Neill and Teal’c will meet you there.”

“Thanks, Jane,” Daniel replied before turning to his team, “Head for the rendezvous point. I’ll see you later.”

Yates clapped Daniel on the shoulder, “Be careful.”

“You too.”


Wendy gently rocked the little girl who was a little upset at the sudden change of location after the bright light. All the babies were with her and she spun to find a small grey being moving towards her.

“You are safe,” the alien said as her eyes widened in amazement, “I am Thor and this is an Asgard vessel. Until Dr Jackson confirms it is safe for you to be returned you will remain here.”

“Okay,” was all Wendy managed to say distracted as BJ…Lily began to cry.

“She looks like her mother,” Thor noted making Wendy stare at him a little stunned.

Before Wendy could ask the bright light filled the room again and six women, all pregnant appeared with them. One was standing holding a chair leg at her side; her dark hair was pulled back tightly from her face showing the strain of everything in her almond coloured eyes.

Wendy put Lily into the cot that had been brought up with them before she moved to check on the new arrivals. She watched the small grey alien move to one of them and used something to scan her.

“The foetus is not human,” Thor noted.

“We know,” the leader of the pregnant woman replied darkly, “From what we can determine whatever they’ve put inside us is some kind of hybrid they need.”

“You will not survive the birth,” the alien told them, “I can remove the children now. And we will keep them if you do not wish them.”

“We don’t want them,” the leader said quickly, “These aren’t our children. They’re things that have been forced onto us.”

“Very well,” Thor replied.

*********************************************

“Rodney,” Laura hugged him tightly the moment he appeared slapping his shoulder without letting go, “You scared the hell out of me.”

Rolling his eyes Rodney hugged her back, “I told you I knew what I was doing.”

They parted and Rodney turned to the others, “Okay, we need to get beneath the Complex and neutralise the computer system that the Andurians need for their protocol 13. There are going to be several prisoners– get them to safety. Laura and I will take care of the computer. Follow me.”

Taking deep breaths trying to stop the bad memories from flooding him Rodney led his team towards the place he’d been kept hostage for several months.

“What exactly is this protocol?” Paul asked as he moved to Rodney’s side, “And why haven’t we heard anything about this until now?”

“Best way to describe it,” Rodney said as they moved carefully towards the Complex, “Is a doomsday device. I only know about it because when I worked for her the computer needed upgraded. Guess who did that?”

“Are you sure you can deactivate it?” Paul asked, “In the past few years she has to have made some changes in case?”

“Which is why Laura is coming,” Rodney replied with a quick grin, “If I can’t disable it, she can.”

At the confused look Laura chuckled.

“Boom.”


Jack checked his watch before turning to Cassie who was helping people they’d brought down into the Tok’ra caves.

“I have to go now,” he said, “Margee has called the Furlings but we don’t have the time to wait for them if McKay can’t stop the Protocol.”

“Jack, I know what she did to you,” Cassie said softly, “To all of us. Just don’t do something you regret.”

Jack snorted, “Trust me, I won’t be regretting anything about what we do today.”

“Be careful,” Cassie told him, “Mom will kill you if…”

As she trailed off Jack hugged her tightly, “We’ll be fine. Cass, we have to do this. So trust us.”

She nodded and handed him the zat, “Be careful.”

Jack grinned at her before touching the controller sitting on his wrist, Cassie saw him wink at her quickly before he disappeared leaving her to help with the civilians and casualties. She turned as a hand rested on her shoulder, smiling to find Rya’c standing there. He’d been her shadow since they’d beamed down.

“They know what they’re doing,” he reminded her.

Cassie leaned back against him closing her eyes for a moment, “We hope.”


“Danny,” Jack’s voice sounded in his ear, “How close are you?”

“I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Daniel replied as he moved slowly through the corridors, “You guys?”

“I am ten minutes out,” Teal’c replied.

Jack’s snort made Daniel smile, “I’ve got to deal with a few fans before I get there.”

“Be careful,” Daniel told him, “You haven’t survived this long to be shot now.”

As Daniel pulled himself back round the corner when he saw three guards he took a deep breath before diving round and firing before they were able to react to his presence.

“Danny?” Jack’s concerned voice came in his ear.

“I’m fine,” he replied, “Hurry up. I don’t want to talk to her alone for long.”

“We are on our way, Daniel Jackson,” Teal’c promised.

*********************************************

Sam was annoyed that O’Neill’s band of misfits had managed to knock out the shield but at least it meant she was able to get to her office within the Educational Complex without having to use a shuttle. As she activated the computer she glanced to the monitor showing the corridors outside and smiled as she saw Daniel moving towards her location.

“Perfect,” she chuckled; she had a gift for him that would completely throw Daniel and she was sure he wouldn’t come alone.

Watching him she started the programme for the Protocol, entering the first level password she stopped for a few seconds to muse which country she would decimate.

France was an option but she decided against it as there were far too many Andurian assets there, Greenland or New Zealand were her next thoughts but finally she settled on Italy. There was nothing useful about it and the thought of completely destroying the country whose army once occupied a large part of the world appealed to her.

Entering her choice Sam completed the second and third level passwords. She then moved to the other side of her desk waiting for her guests to arrive.


Daniel walked slowly towards Sam’s office, zat held ready but as he opened the door a familiar voice whispered his name.

“What the hell?” Daniel murmured as he step inside carefully, gritting his teeth as he realised what was happening. The first thing he saw was Sha’re frozen on the screen head thrown back in the throes of passion.

“I thought you’d like to see her again,” Sam said as she sat on the desk, “And it means I can ask.”

“Ask what?” Daniel said angrily as he stepped slowly to stand across from her.

Sam laughed darkly, “About your little sex toy. Your mind is incredible for a human and yet the amount of energy you wasted on a woman who thought your pen was magic,” she smirked at her double entendre, “Surely you could get have found a woman here to waste your time on.”

“It’s called love,” Daniel snarled at her.

Sam chuckled, “Of course, love. How could I forget when they spend so much time writing and singing about it? But all that time you wasted searching for her turned out to be completely useless – didn’t it?”

Daniel gripped his zat, he had to make sure he didn’t reveal Sha’re was still alive until he knew there was nothing Sam could do.

“Really?”

Sam leaned back, “Do you know what she did when I slid the knife into her stomach?”
Daniel could feel pain radiating along his jaw as he gritted his teeth even harder but he managed to remain silent.

“She whimpered,” Sam continued, “Begged for her life and if the doctors weren’t so incompetent she might have actually lived. Not the amazing force of nature you always described, was she?”

“You know nothing,” Daniel told her.

Sam let out a slow breath, “Really? I’m sure there’s something I know that you don’t.”

To Daniel’s relief a new voice joined the conversation, “And we know so much more than you.”

Sam slid off the desk and stood glaring at the man who walked in, “O’Neill.”


Triumph filled Sam as the second of her targets walked right into her office. This was going to be so much easier than she anticipated.

“I think we can get rid of the movie,” Jack noted nodding to the screen that still showed Sha’re.

“I disagree,” Sam replied, “Surely Daniel will want the ‘love of his life’ to be present in some way when he dies.”

She smiled as she saw Daniel tense slightly, Sha’re was his biggest weakness and Sam knew how to use her against him. She’d done it often back in the days before they’d found her. It had always amused Sam how easy he was to manipulate with even the thought of a crumb of information on his toy. She remembered the day she’d faced him from a cell, the day Jolinar had been within her and she told him she knew where Sha’re was. It kept her amused for days while she pretended to lie sad and pathetic after the death of the creature – the look on his face when she said it, the look on his face when she pretended she didn’t remember. It made her laugh even more that Jolinar had known exactly where Sha’re was hidden. Sam had spent the next few weeks just twisting that knife every so often with the slightest word.

“All we need now is Teal’c to complete our little family reunion,” Sam said, “And once he’s here I’ll show you exactly why you’ve lost.”

*********************************************

John swung the fighter grimacing as he narrowly missed hitting one of the Andurian ship. The small ships they were sending against them were dropping in number as the minutes passed.

“John,” Radek’s voice came, “We’ve got a problem.”

“Not exactly the time to tell me,” John snapped back as he saw several of the small enemy ships coming towards him.

“Sorry but it can’t wait,” Radek retorted, “They’ve called reinforcements in. We have one more Andurian Mother Ship coming in.”

“Okay,” John grimaced, “Time for plan B.”

He heard a soft chuckle from the other man, “I have been looking forward to seeing this.”

John rolled his eyes, “This is Sheppard, let’s spring our little surprise.”

“Team one ready,” came over the radio followed quickly by, “Team two ready.”

John started the sequence to connect the ships, “Team three, four?”

“Ready.”

“Ready.”

“Let’s do this,” John grinned to himself.


Laura could see the tightening of Rodney’s jaw as they moved further through the underground prison he’d spent so long within. Paul, Pete and the rest of their team had already split off from them helping the prisoners held here. She heard Rodney murmur a name every so often in sadness as they passed them but he kept his focus on their destination.

“Rodney,” she rested her hand on his arm, “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” he murmured back, “The system is behind the next door. There will be guards.”

Laura smiled at him, “That’s why you brought me, remember?”

Rodney grinned back and squeezed her hand, “Let’s go.”

Readying herself Laura gripped her gun, “On three.”

She counted silently before moving; Rodney watched with a slight smile as his fiancée quickly and efficiently took out four Andurian guards. He had to remember to remind her how much he loved her after this.

“Rodney,” Laura ordered sharply making him move to where she was waiting for him.

Pulling out his computer Rodney hacked into the lock, the door swung open and Rodney nodded to her.

They were in.