Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cuckoo In The Nest

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Sorry it’s taken so long but the muse took a small side trip.
Enjoy
Sha’re sat on the balcony rocking Mel as she watched clouds roll by. She knew that it was happening now, the people she loved were fighting to free everyone on the world her loving husband was born on and the only thing she could do was wait and hope.

“Sha’re?”

“Please join me,” she smiled as Edward hovered beside her, “I could use the distraction.”

Edward pulled over the seat and looked out across the horizon, “What are you thinking about?”

“My brother,” she replied sadly, “I have been wondering about him a lot recently. Once the Andurians have been chased from Earth I have been thinking that perhaps the Goa’uld that was within him will come out of hiding and we can free him.”

Edward reached out and caught her free hand squeezing it in comfort, “You’ve never told me about him?”

Sha’re’s smile became wider, “He was so annoying…”

*********************************************

“Lock the transporter system down and someone tell me how they got here?” Sam demanded as she materialised within the Andurian command centre.

“There appears to be a second ship with the Asgard of Ancient design,” Mathil, one of the techs confirmed, “It was hidden from our sensors until a few moments ago.”

“Sam,” Joe’s voice made her turn to where he stood looking confused, “What’s going on?”

Rolling her eyes she grabbed a gun from one of the guards and shot the man in the centre of his forehead, she smiled slightly amused at the astonished look in his face before she dropped the engagement ring onto his dead body.

“Our engagement just came to an end,” she replied before motioning the guards to get rid of the body.

“Dr,” Mathil called to her, “We have several people moving through the educational complex and several more groups at our main installations.”

“Send teams there and kill them all,” Sam ordered, “Destroy the ships in orbit as well. It looks like the Asgard are going to have a small accident. We can send a letter of apology later.”

As the tech started getting the teams out Sam frowned, this was not the way the days was meant to go.

“They’ve launched fighters of their own,” another voice reported sharply, “We’ve lost several ships already.”

“Call the council,” Sam snapped, anger surged through her that this was happening and she knew what she needed to do.

“Samantha?” Ithin asked appearing before her.

“O’Neill and his band have returned,” Sam explained, “I want permission to activate protocol 13.”

Ithin nodded, “Permission granted. Show them what we will do if they do not surrender.”

Sam smiled to herself as she tried to decide which country she would obliterate to make O’Neill understand that he could never win.


Sam frowned slightly; she needed to get to her office at the Educational Complex to activate the protocol. Unfortunately with the transporters locked down there was no easy way there.

“Dr Carter,” one of the techs called, “We have an incursion in the shield control building.”

“Kill them,” she replied, “If there’s any survivors put them in holding until I can get there.”

Turning back to the screen she checked which shuttles were available to her. She hoped O’Neill made an appearance to stop her. This time she would stand over him making sure he actually died, hopefully with Daniel watching helplessly.

“Check the Educational Complex,” Sam ordered suddenly, “Find Daniel Jackson now.”

Sam smiled to herself as she knew exactly what she needed to get O’Neill where she could finally get rid of him. It just so happened it would also get her Atlantis as well.

*********************************************

Paul winced as he checked his watch for what had to be the hundredth time, at his side Pete chuckled softly.

“We still have a few minutes,” the cop reminded him, “Calm down.”

Paul rolled his eyes, “I am calm, trust me if I wasn’t you’d be listening to me sing country songs.”

“I’d almost want to make you nervous to find out how bad that is,” Pete grinned; he sobered quickly as he heard the beginning of the speech at the Educational Complex realising that this was about to start.

A bright light appeared beside them and it faded into several people. At the front was a familiar man and a woman with red hair.

“Dr McKay,” Paul greeted him, “It’s good to see you again.”

“You too,” McKay nodded, “This is Laura Cadman, Jones, Tel’ct, Finley and Fresnel.”

Paul greeted them all with a quick nod at the three men and two women before turning to his team and quickly introduced everyone.

“Alright,” Laura took over, “We need to be in place now. We have to get the shield down as fast as possible.”

“Then let’s go,” Paul lead the way.


Laura felt Rodney at her side as they moved towards the power station; they needed to get the shield down. She knew the schematics of this place better than she knew the rooms she and Rodney shared in Atlantis, so she was certain what they needed to do to make sure once the shield was down it couldn’t be brought back up. Leading the group through the building they had so far managed to avoid any Andurians, glancing to her side she gently squeezed her fiancé’s hand. She knew he was worried, the last time he’d spent anytime near the Andurians he was being tortured. Jack had offered to let him stay on the Star and help from there but Rodney wasn’t letting Laura go into a dangerous situation without him especially when his expertise was needed.

“Wait,” Laura whispered urgently stopping them as several Andurian guards appeared from nowhere walking past the group as they plastered themselves against the walls.

“We’re getting yelled at to get the shields down,” Rodney murmured.

“I’d rather not get us all killed doing it,” Laura hissed back at him. She counted slowly before motioning them all to follow her, “Rodney, hand me the bag.”

Taking the explosives from her fiancé Laura started forward to begin placing them when Tel’ct called out a warning and the next thing Laura knew they were in the middle of a fire-fight and had no way to bring down the shield.


Jack herded the civilians to safety as John and the team fought back against the aliens trying to kill them. Thor was protecting several children with a personal shield around the ‘throne’ that he’d beamed down on. He knew Daniel was inside the Complex with his team while Rodney and Laura were trying to take down the shield. Everything was in motion now so all Jack could do was let things run, try to make sure everyone came out of this intact and hope.


Radek watched the ships as they flooded from the Andurian ships into the space surrounding the planet. The die had been cast now and they had no choice but to go forward with their plan.

"Launching fighters," Teal'c's baritone echoed through the bridge, the annoyance that he was unable to help in the aerial fight or the one happening on Earth evident, "Any word from Rodney?"

At the question directed to him Radek turned and shook his head, "But they have not had much time since beaming in. They will do it."

"Until they do we are without our best pilot and those on Earth are trapped without the back-up they should have."

Radek sighed, "Trust Rodney. He knows what he's doing."

He heard a sharp intake of breath before the call from Daniel came asking for an update, Radek knew he was going to have to repeat the same message to every member of the team until Rodney and Laura completed their task.

“Come on,” Radek murmured, wincing as the Star was struck and shook, “Minimum damage,” he reported to Teal’c as he gripped the console, “Hurry up Rodney.”

*********************************************

Daniel kept a hold on his long lost daughter as he tried to decide what his next move was. He needed to get his baby to safety along with the others and the nurse.

“Radek, are the shields down yet?” he called up to the Star.

“Not yet,” the reply came sharply, “I’m waiting for Rodney’s signal but he’s taking his time.”

Daniel let out a sigh, “Okay. Listen to me I have a young woman here whose caring for about twelve babies. Most are in stasis tubes and the moment you can I want them beamed up to safety.”

He saw Wendy stare at him a little worried at what he was saying.

“Of course,” Radek replied before cutting communications.

Daniel pulled his daughter close and gently kissed her, “Your mom is going to be so happy to see you and you’ve got a little brother to play with. I promise I’ll do my best to take you home.”

With a sigh he handed her back to Wendy before turning, “Brin’c, stay with them and keep them safe.”

The Jaffa nodded solemnly taking up position at the doorway as Daniel turned to Wendy.

“You care for all these kids,” he told her, “Just do your job and Brin’c will be here to protect you all.”

“Wait,” Wendy called as he motioned Yates to head out again, when Daniel turned back to her she shrugged, “What’s her real name?”

“Lily,” Daniel smiled proudly as he looked at the child chewing on her hand, “Lily Jackson.”


Daniel and Yates continued further into the unknown area of the Complex wondering what they would find next. Daniel was reeling a little from finding his daughter but knew he had to focus otherwise they’d never survive this.

“Daniel,” Yates called, “I think I hear some voices coming from down the corridor.”

Nodding Daniel followed the other man along the corridor, relieved that there were no guards here but also a little confused that there weren’t. He was desperately hoping that Rodney would get the shield down so Lily and the other kids would be pulled to safety.

Reaching the door Daniel and Yates took up position, Daniel silently counted and they burst through the door stopping in amazement at what greeted them this time.

“Tell me you’re the rescue party,” a heavily pregnant young woman holding what looked like a chair leg demanded.

*********************************************

Rodney dropped to the ground and rolled under the nearest console. Quickly he attached the bomb fixing it as his fiancée had shown him hoping she was okay as she did the same thing at another part of the building.

“Rodney,” Radek’s voice came through his radio, “You need to hurry up. We need John up here.”

“I know,” Rodney snapped back, “But it’s not exactly a walk in the park down here. Give us a few minutes.”

“Good luck,” Radek said before he cut communication.

Rodney crawled to the next console and attached the final bomb, all they had to do was get to a safe distance and the shield would be down. As he started back to the others the gunshot echoed in his ears and Rodney slammed against the wall before he even realised he’d been hit.

“Rodney!!”

At Laura’s cry Rodney became aware of the fire fight happening between where he was and the rest of his team. Dragging himself to a corner Rodney pulled the parts he needed and started fitting together the detonator.

“Rodney,” Laura’s worried voice came in his ear, “We’re going to get you out.”

Rodney closed his eyes; he knew they had no chance to do that especially as they needed to get the shield down now.

“Get out of here,” Rodney ordered, “I’m taking the shield down.”


Laura was desperately trying to find a way to get to her fiancé but the Andurians had them separated too well. Tel’ct had placed herself so that Laura couldn’t run to him.

“Rodney,” she called over the radio as she saw him pull out the parts for the detonator, “We’re going to get you out.”

“Get out of here,” his sharp response made her wince, “I’m taking the shield down.”

Laura shook her head, “I’m not leaving you here.”

“If we don’t get this shield down everything we’ve done is pointless,” he said softly, “Laura, trust me. I know what I’m doing.”

Laura let out a long breath before nodding, “I love you.”

“Love you too,” Rodney whispered, “So trust me and run.”

Anguished at what she was doing Laura caught Paul’s arm, “We have to go. He’s going to destroy the shield.”

Paul opened his mouth but didn’t reply as he could see how hard this was and nodded.

“Move,” Paul ordered his team and Laura rounded up her team. They ran, Laura felt Tel’ct hold her arm to make sure Laura couldn’t go back. All of a sudden the explosion rocked the world throwing them all to the ground.

Laura touched her radio,” Radek, the shield is destroyed,” she reported her voice flat as she tried to process what had just happened.

“He knows,” Rodney replied.


John nodded quickly to his father just before the transporter light surrounded him and he arrived on the Star.

“Teal’c,” he called up to the bridge, “I’m at my ship. Let Donner know I’ll be joining them soon.”

“Good,” Teal’c replied shortly, “Keep in contact.”

Climbing into the fighter John started the engines and opened his radio to the other fighters.

“Sheppard on line,” he told them.

“You took your time,” Donner replied, “We’ve lost Waller and Trent but everyone else are holding out.”

“Execute plan Sheppard Delta 5,” John ordered, “I’ll be there in thirty seconds.”

As he launched the Jumper John took a deep breath and headed out into the fire fight.


Rodney leaned against the wall of the ship gritting his teeth against the pain as Garshaw cleaned the bullet wound on his shoulder before she was able to heal it.

“I’ll head down and join Laura’s team,” Radek told the other man.

“No,” Rodney argued before hissing in pain, “I know where I’m going in the Complex you don’t.”

“You can tell me where to go,” Radek argued back.

Rodney winced in pain again as Garshaw finally finished, “I’ll be fine in a minute. Besides trying to guide you when I can’t see the place won’t work.”

Radek shook his head but he turned back to his console and touched the radio.

“Laura, Rodney will be rejoining you soon,” he told her, “Head to the Educational Complex and he’ll meet you there.”

“Is he okay?” Laura’s voice was a little shaky which Radek didn’t blame her for.

Radek glanced down at Rodney who gave him a look Radek interpreted rightly as ‘make her worry and I’ll kill you’ before he touched the radio again, “He’s okay.”

Radek was about to argue with his friend again but another hit threw them to one side and before Radek was even upright Rodney was heading to the transporter control. Within seconds he was off the ship and back on Earth.