Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cuckoo In The Nest

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
You may want to go back and reread the previous chapter as I had to update it slightly as a review made me realise I’d left something out.
Thanks to Phoenix Rebel for pointing this out.
Enjoy
Sha’re stepped forward with anger in her eyes, “What did you do to my husband?”

Margee looked shocked at the hostility suddenly facing her.

“Sha’re,” Edward caught the young woman’s arm and moved her back, “Let me take the lead in this.”

She turned to him and the anger faded slightly as she nodded. Edward motioned one of the guards to keep her back before he returned his attention to their guests.

“I’m Edward Montgomery,” he introduced himself; “You are Margee, Matriarch of the Felin’ee. Our team spoke of you from their recent visit to your planet.”

Margee nodded before turning slightly to her companion who removed their hood, “This is Hih, the liaison of the F’rrrrr’li. We need to speak with you concerning Daniel Jackson.” She glanced over to where Sha’re stood, “His mate will need to join us for this.”

Edward nodded and motioned them towards the conference room, he moved to the soldier closest to him, “Call Jack, Janet and Teal’c to join us.”

He then caught Sha’re’s arm so that he could be sure she didn’t begin interrogating their guests before he could get there.


Sha’re took the seat to the right of her normal one as Edward took her usual seat. It was a reminder that she was not in charge of this meeting and an order to stay silent, although she knew he wasn’t sure she was going to obey.

Margee and Hih took their seats and Margee turned to Sha’re.

“You are the mate of Daniel Jackson,” she stated.

Sha’re nodded staying silent though so she did not say something she shouldn’t.

Margee however smiled, “I knew that before you even spoke, your scent enveloped him and his lingers on you.”

Sha’re stared at Margee relieved that the doors slid open allowing Jack, Janet and Teal’c into the room.

“Margee,” Teal’c greeted her with a small bow, “We have been trying to contact you.”

“Our Stargate was locked down,” Margee explained as the other three took their seats, “Our shield is being upgraded so travel was restricted until this has been completed.”

“Now that’s sorted out,” Jack jumped in as he slid into the seat at Sha’re’s side, “Can you tell us exactly what you did to Daniel?”

Sha’re fixed her eyes on Margee surprised as Hih stood.

“Dr Jackson agreed to allow us to scan his memories,” the Furling began.

“Scan not take,” Sha’re snapped before anyone could stop her, “He does not remember his friends, he does not remember me. You took his son from him.”

Hih looked down at her, “It was not our intention. This is not a side-effect of the memory scan.”

“Then what happened?” Sha’re pleaded, “How was his memory removed?”

Hih moved to her side, “Your mate allowed us to scan his memories. The others believed that we should not help you as Dr Jackson’s memories could have been falsified, however as we were reviewing these we came across a memory that convinced us that your people were speaking the truth.”

“What was that?” Jack asked trying to move Hih back to talking to them all.

“Dr Jackson had an implant in his lower back at some point,” Hih reminded them, “The technology used within this is something only we possess. Although this has been removed there is a legacy of it that you were unaware of.”

Sha’re let out a soft gasp but it was Jack who asked, “What is it?”

“The implant can also be used to wipe memories also,” Hih explained.

“Bitch,” Janet snapped suddenly making everyone turn to her in surprise, “Think about it. She did it in purpose. If she could remove Daniel’s memories of the Stargate and what she did then she could get him to do what she wanted. Find Atlantis.”

“But why did she never use this?” Sha’re asked, “If she had a way to get his knowledge then why would she not do that.”

“She enjoyed the torture,” Teal’c spoke up grimly.

“But she had Dan’iel in her power for two years,” Sha’re reminded them, “Why would she wait so long? And what about Rodney?”

“I may be able to answer that question,” Hih said, “Is Dr Jackson susceptible to hypnosis?”

“No,” Janet replied for them, “The one time we managed it was only because Sha’re was the one directing him. I’m not sure about Rodney however.”

Hih nodded, “If he fought against any attempt to hypnotise him then Dr Jackson’s memories would not be touched. However this time he allowed us to scan his mind, freely giving us those memories.”

“But he allowed Thor, the Asgard, to read his memories also,” Sha’re told them.

“Asgard technology would not have activated the device,” Hih replied.

Sha’re closed her eyes for a second, “Can you reverse it? Can you give him back his memories?”

“No.”

Sha’re covered her eyes trying to compose herself, surprised as a hand touched her shoulder. Looking up she found Hih crouching at her side, “His memories are not truly gone, they are locked away. I can remove the block so that they will return easier.”

Relief filled Sha’re and she nodded gratefully.

*********************************************

“I hope you two have found something interesting that will keep you busy when you’re sleeping on the balcony,” Jeannie snapped over her radio as she and Laura stood with Carson who was trying to open the door, she turned away from the other so she had the semblance of privacy, “And just because we aren’t sleeping together yet, John don’t think I can’t make you sleep on a balcony.”

“We thought there might be a way to open the door further in,” John replied, “Trust me, being trapped in a cave is not my idea of a fun afternoon.”

Jeannie glanced over to where Carson and Laura were still studying the controls along with a team from the village, “So, have you found anything?”

“Honey,” John chuckled, “When you see what we’ve found you will be glad we came wandering in.”

“I’d better,” Jeannie retorted smiling slightly to herself.

“Tell her we’ll need to get a team together to start going over everything,” Rodney called suddenly.

“Going over what?” Jeannie asked suspiciously.

The pause made Jeannie sure that John was grinning in that annoying way he did when he knew the answer neither she nor her brother did, “The Fighters we just found.”


“You’re still in the doghouse,” Laura noted as she and Jeannie joined Rodney and John looking at their new find. They’d finally managed to open the door again with Carson’s assistance and they’d ensured it would remain open while Carson returned to the village to gather a group to help look over their new discovery

“This is incredible,” Jeannie breathed as she looked at the vessels similar to the Jumpers but made for one person, “You’d think they would have been in the same place as the Star.”

“There appears to be a blocked entrance at the other end of the room,” Rodney told her, “It’s possible they were originally connected and the corridor is now gone.”

“We’d better contact the city and let them know what we’ve found,” Laura stated, “Otherwise, me and Jeannie being mad at you two will not compare to Sha’re angry at you.”

“She’s right,” John sighed and hit his radio, “Sheppard to Control.”

“Sheppard,” Peter Grodin greeted him, “What have you done this time?”

John chuckled slightly, “I take a lot of offense at that. We’ve actually made a discovery that the council will want to know about as fast as possible.”

A pause followed making John frown.

“John, Sha’re’s ordered Rodney to come back to the city,” Peter told them.

Rodney grimaced annoyed and touched his radio to join the conversation, “Peter, tell her we’ve found something that we need to start working on…”

“Rodney,” Sha’re’s sharp voice came, “Return to the city now. This is an order, not a debate.”

Rodney, John, Jeannie and Laura looked at one another worriedly as the radio fell silent before Rodney sighed.

“Jeannie, call Radek and get a team working on these,” he told her, “John, we’d better get back.”

“Mer,” Jeannie called to him, “Let us know everything’s okay.”

He nodded and quickly squeezed her hand; he then gave his fiancé a quick kiss before following John out of the cavern and back to the Jumper.

*********************************************

Daniel sat in the small room he’d been given thinking over everything that had happened. He’d somehow lost ten years of his life, ten years in which he’d broken every rule he’d laid out for himself when he lost his parents. He suddenly seemed to have friends, a wife, a child and Daniel had no idea how he felt about it.

Daniel pushed himself to a stand and started to pace as he thought. Jack and the other people who were telling him they were friends seemed genuine enough, not to mention Daniel did feel a strange connection to them. Then there was Sha’re, his alleged wife and the thoughts he was having about her were definitely not PG rated. Especially after the soft kiss they’d shared.

“And I have a son,” Daniel said to the room, “What do I do? I can’t let him grow up without a father but how can I be a father when I don’t even know his mother?”

At this he started thinking of the kiss Sha’re had given him and Daniel groaned, “I’m gonna need a cold shower soon.”

Rubbing the bridge of his nose he was grateful as the soft chime echoed through the room, relieved Daniel opened the door to meet the largest man he’d ever seen standing there, a football player with the emblem of Apophis etched in gold on his forehead.

“Daniel Jackson,” the man said, “You are required in the Conference room.”


“Dan’iel,” Sha’re greeted him with a smile as he walked through the door, “There are some people here that can help you.”

“Okay,” Daniel said doubtfully, his eyes widening as he saw the creature that looked like a cat and another that looked almost human but not quite. He turned shocked as Sha’re took his hand and led him to a chair. Daniel slowly sank into the seat not sure if he was relieved or not that Sha’re continued to hold his hand.

“Dan’iel, this is Margee and Hih,” Sha’re introduced their guests to him, “Your memory was lost whilst visiting their world. They have come to help you regain it.”

Daniel looked at them confused, “How?”

The one introduced as Hih stood, his skin seemed to sparkle in the light and he moved as though he was simply floating, “You once were held prisoner using a device we call a Clamp. It affected both your ability to walk and sleep, there is another use this device has and that is to block certain memories. When you allowed us to scan your memories we accidentally activated it and this is the reason your memories are gone.”

“Can you give me them back?”

“What I will do is remove the block,” Hih explained, “This means your memories shall begin to return to you. I understand this must frustrate you, Daniel Jackson but any other way would be harmful.”

“But it is possible,” Daniel demanded, standing and pulling his hand away from Sha’re.

Sha’re stood and caught his arm, “I will not allow you to do something so dangerous.”

“This is my decision,” Daniel retorted.

“It is not,” Sha’re replied sharply.

Daniel clenched his fists, “You say you’re my wife but I don’t know you and I’m not…”

“I am not saying this as your wife,” Sha’re cut him off, “I am saying this as the leader of this city and your knowledge is too valuable for you to throw your mind away doing something so dangerous.”

Daniel sat again more than a little stunned at the woman standing before him with dark eyes flashing.

“Meet your wife, Danny,” Jack chuckled from nearby.

“Do whatever you need to;” Daniel said to Hih, “I want to know about my life.”

Hih brought out what Daniel thought looked like a pen and after manipulating a few controls gently touched it to Daniel’s temple.

“Your memories will not return all at once and it shall take some time before they do but I promise that they will return soon,” Hih said, “I will warn you however that it is possible the darker memories from your past may be the first you recall.”

Daniel grimaced, “Okay.”

“You need not worry,” Sha’re said softly, “We will be here to help you through these. Thank you for this, Hih.”

The Furling nodded, “Once the other member of your city who had the clamp implanted returns we shall help deactivate the memory block for him also.”

“And what about the rest?” Jack asked, “Will you help us defeat the Andurians?”

Hih nodded, “We shall assist but in our way. I will return in time with details of how.”

*********************************************

Sha’re gently stroked her son’s back as she walked the floor with him trying to get him to sleep. Daniel was coming for dinner soon and as much as she wanted him to send time with his son she knew he needed to be able to ask her questions. Rodney had arrived not long after Hih had removed the block from Daniel and once they’d explained everything to the horrified scientist Hih repeated the procedure. Hih and Margee had then returned to their home with the promise of returning soon with details of how the Furlings would help.

Finally sure that Mel was slumbering Sha’re moved to his crib and gently placed him down. Covering her son with his blankets Sha’re gently stroked his forehead, he looked so much like his father just now and she hoped that soon Daniel would recall.

The chime sounding through the room announced Daniel was here, Sha’re took a deep breath before answering the door.

“Hi,” Daniel said softly.

Sha’re smiled, “Come inside. I have dinner waiting for us.”

“I have to admit I did expect dinner to be in the common area,” Daniel said as he walked into the room he was meant to share with her and a baby.

“I believed this would be a good idea,” Sha’re replied, “Here you can ask me anything you wish and there is no one to overhear my answers.”

Daniel shrugged, he followed her to the table she had sitting waiting for them and took his seat. Sha’re placed dinner on the table before taking her seat across from him.

“So, have you recalled anything yet?” Sha’re asked watching him carefully.

Daniel shook his head, “No.”

“Do you have any questions for me?” Sha’re tilted her head slightly.

Daniel took a deep breath, “How long have we been together? Looking at Mel I’m guessing just over a year.”

“A year?” Sha’re asked confused, “Dan’iel, do you believe that the only reason we are together is because we share Mel?”

Daniel stared at her, “Sha’re, look at yourself. You’re gorgeous and from what I saw in the conference room incredibly smart. Why would you possibly marry me?”

Sha’re chuckled, “Dan’iel, we have been married for almost ten years now. Mel is a recent addition to our family.”

“Ten years,” Daniel mused softly, “And you’re still married to me?”

Sha’re smiled for a second before sadness touched her eyes, “A great deal has happened over the past ten years and there have been times we were torn apart. You will remember it soon but I have never regretted being your wife. Even if you do annoy me at times.”


“This has to be the horrible for you,” Daniel said as he stood looking out across the water, “I’m sorry.”

Sha’re moved to his side and looked up at him, “I should have recorded that so when you do have your memory back you can never deny you apologised to me for doing something so stupid.”

Daniel chuckled as he looked down to where she stood; slowly he reached out and gently stroked her cheek.

“Tell me how we met,” he asked suddenly.

Sha’re took his hand, “You may need to sit for this. After you told your theories you were hired by a woman called Catherine Langford, she introduced you to the Stargate and you managed to decipher it. This led you to my world and we met when I was ordered by my father to give you water…”

Daniel stared at her as she described their first meeting and how they’d married. He frowned when she finished.

“I…” he started not quite sure where to go with that sentence, “What is actually surprising me is the fact my theories were right.”

Sha’re laughed, “You are responsible for many amazing discoveries, including the city we live in now.”

Daniel stared at Sha’re for a few seconds before he moved, catching her lips with his own Daniel kissed her. This was completely different to the soft tentative kiss they’d shared earlier in the day, Sha’re’s arms wrapped around his neck as he deepened the kiss pulling her closer.

Sha’re let out a soft sigh as they parted smiling as she looked into Daniel’s deep blue eyes.

“I should go,” Daniel whispered, “As much as I want to continue this I don’t think it’s a good idea until my memory returns.”

“You are still a gentleman, my love,” Sha’re told him, “Still the same man who blushed when I undressed before him that first night on Abydos.”

“You missed that bit out of the story,” Daniel told her.

Sha’re laughed, “I thought you might like to recall that yourself.”

“I wish I could,” Daniel smiled sadly at her before he stood, “I should go. I’m guessing Mel still gets you up at night so you should get as much sleep as possible.”

Sha’re walked him to the door, “Will you meet us for breakfast?”

“I’d like that,” Daniel said, “I wish I wasn’t putting you through this, Sha’re but until I remember I can’t let anything happen.”

“I know,” Sha’re breathed; she cupped his cheek stretching up to kiss him again, “Goodnight, my Dan’iel.”

Daniel slowly turned and walked out of the room, as the door closed behind him Daniel rested his head against the wall and groaned.

Why hadn’t his memories returned yet?