Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cuckoo In The Nest

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.
Warning – we're back with Sam so this is quite dark and also disturbing so please read with care. There is a rape scene so please read with care and apologies to those who read this without the stronger warning.
Sam rolled her eyes as she listened to the message left for her by Faxon, he was becoming more persistent than she normally would have allowed but just now, as her disguise strengthened, she had discovered that the disgusting human desires she had left behind once she had discovered her real self were returning. The Andurians had long ago stopped wasting their energies on such a useless activity for anything other than procreation, even then that was strictly controlled.

“He could be eliminated,” Teron, her assistant, suggested.

Sam shook her head, “We don’t have time to get someone new in the job and trained properly. Besides if he is attracted to me then there is less chance of another McKay incident.”

Teron nodded, “True.”

“Besides with the Asgard visit looming closer I have a new idea,” Sam told him, “We need to convince the annoying grey interferers that I am completely human. A romantic partner would achieve this.”

Teron tilted his head in thought, “True. He is due here in a few days and is staying for the next week. Do you think you can endure a human for that length of time?”

Sam let out a mirthless laugh, “From the day I learned my identity I was forced to live with them all the time. I can endure it.”


“Dr Carter,” Trig greeted her as she entered the lab, “I did not expect to see you today.”

“You said in your last report that this new test to impregnate the humans would incorporate the blood taken from the child,” Sam replied coolly, “Also I wanted to see your new technique for the implantation.”

Trig nodded, “Of course,” he motioned her towards the observation room, “I think you may enjoy this. We have decided that the artificial conception is not working so we’ve equipped a drone with the sperm and we’re going to have the woman implanted by sexual means.”

“Hmm,” Sam mused, “This will definitely be interesting. Will the subject be awake?”

Trig nodded again, “Of course. We believe the drugs will work better if the female is conscious.”

“Alright,” Sam smiled slightly which Trig politely ignored knowing what she was being put through for the impending Asgard visit, “Make sure you don’t gag her or stop her screaming. This is exactly the break I need from work.”

Trig turned to his computer, “We will be starting in just under ten minutes. I also have the child nearby in case I need more blood samples.”

Sam pulled out her mobile computer and started doing some work while she waited. About ten minutes later Trig told her they were ready to start. Sam leaned back in her chair watching as the girl, she couldn’t be more than eighteen, was brought in. She was fighting against the two guards but it was completely ineffectual and she was quickly strapped to the table. Her legs were pulled apart and kept in the position Trig believed to be the best for this procedure.

The girl screamed as the drone entered her, she was pleading for them to stop which made Sam smile. She’d checked the information they had on the subject as she waited and was pleased that Trig was using those who spoke out against the Andurians. This one however had been very vocal about Sam being a traitor and the words used to describe her were not flattering.

“She should be impregnated now,” Trig noted a few minutes later as the drone moved off the girl.

Sam leaned into the microphone as the girl’s head turned to stare at her through the window, “Humans have this silly belief that they can make sure they have completed this process by repeating the activity. Use another drone and do the procedure again.”

The girl shook her head, her eyes pleading for Sam to stop this.

“In fact,” Sam continued, “I believe that we should test her for pregnancy every hour and every time it is negative repeat the procedure.”

The girl screamed as Sam turned and headed back to her office, perhaps some humanity was not a bad thing – she enjoyed the vengeful streak.

*********************************************

“Joe,” Sam smiled as he entered her office, “It’s wonderful as always to see you.”

Joe Faxon happily accepted the quick kiss Sam touched to his cheek; he loved when his work as the Human/Andurian Education Officer brought him here to the Educational Complex. From the moment he’d met her Joe was completely entranced by Dr Samantha Carter, the woman who had brought peace to the world.

“So to what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?” Sam teased as she offered him a seat, taking her own once more, “I was surprised to hear you were coming.”

“Our recent proposal to introduce the Andurian alphabet into the school system,” Joe said, “Well they’re hoping to start it next semester but I wanted to see how it worked and as this is the only place in the world where it is taught I came here.”

“So how long are you going to be here?” Sam asked, already well aware of this.

“I’m actually here for a few weeks,” Joe told her.

Sam gave him a smile, “That’s wonderful. I was hoping you would be, it’s been such a long time since we’ve talked.”

“Well,” Joe took the opening she gave him, “If you’re free tonight how about dinner?”

“I’d love to.”


Even in her human form Sam didn’t have that much experience with the opposite sex. She’d focussed mostly on her studies and any relationships she’d had were serious. Since becoming her true self Sam’s biology had returned to its proper Andurian state meaning that when she allowed Joe to become intimate that evening she could not react the way a human would – even with the treatment she was being given to disguise herself.

Sam had however prepared and studied for this so she could ensure that Joe believed he was pleasuring her.

When Sha’re had been rescued Sam had taken the opportunity to record the bedroom activities between Daniel and the primitive plaything he pretended was able to match him intelligently enough to be his partner in life. Sam had lost even the small amount of respect she’d had for Daniel due to his intelligence when she saw how much energy he wasted on something and someone so pointless. It was however a good thing to have as she was able to study the primitive woman during this and was using that to let the man on top of her think she was enjoying every moment of this useless activity. Because she knew she needed him to be completely in love with her so that when the Asgard came they found a human with a romantic partner and they would finally leave them alone.

*********************************************

Crying greeted Sam as she entered the nursery; one of the nurses came over to her as Wendy was trying to calm Daniel and Sha’re’s brat who was refusing to eat.

“Sorry, Dr Carter,” the new nurse said, “She’s not been well all day and is in a bit of a bad mood.”

Sam shrugged, “Well children have these days every so often.”

The nurse, who Sam had not even bothered learning her name as she would probably be replaced within the next few months, smiled and headed over to check on one of her charges.

“Wendy,” Sam moved over to the woman trying to feed the girl she’d come to check on, “I heard there was a problem during the night?”

Wendy nodded, frowning as the spoon she was holding out was pushed away, “BJ hasn’t been sleeping well lately. She’s teething but as we had a few new arrivals last night the noise was disturbing them.”

“That is unfortunate,” Sam noted, not quite sure what the woman wanted, “Do you have a solution for this?”

“Actually I do,” Wendy replied, “I want to put her in a room by herself since she’s not being put into stasis at the moment while the doctors test the new medication. There is a small room next door that’s only being used to store boxes which would be perfect. All we need is a cot and a monitor for when I’m in here.”

Sam seriously mused this over for a few minutes, “Are you sure you can handle having the child in a completely separate room?”

Wendy nodded, “There are two of us now so if BJ is fussy one of us can handle her while the other watches the rest of the kids.”

At the confidence in the young nurses’ voice Sam nodded, “I’ll have Teron set it up.”


“They’re adorable,” Joe said as Sam led him into the nursery later that day, “And they all sick?”

Sam nodded looking as sad as she skid her arm through his, “We unfortunately have to keep them in stasis as we seek cures. Our doctors do their best but sometimes the children are too sick to save. I just wish we could do more.”

Joe shook his head, “You obviously do so much, Sam. You can’t do any more than this. You shouldn’t beat yourself up.”

“Oh, you’re so sweet,” Sam smiled, while wanting to roll her eyes at how nauseatingly dumb he was.

Joe spotted Wendy as she brought Baby Jackson into the nursery. He moved towards the child smiling as she grabbed his finger and tried to eat it.

“Hello, sweetie,” Joe cooed to the child as he took her from Wendy, “Aren’t you beautiful?”

Wendy smiled at Sam who was trying to smile as well and not find a weapon to kill the man with.

“She is just beautiful,” Joe told her, “Why is she here?”

Wendy sighed, “Her parents were addicts and whatever they were using damaged her. The day she was born whoever had delivered her slashed her when they cut the cord. She still has a scar across her heart. It’s a shame, BJ is a sweet baby.”

“BJ, what’s that short for?” Joe asked.

Wendy gave a slight shrug, “It’s actually short for Baby Jackson. Because the children are so ill and may die at any moment we don’t name them. It’s too upsetting for everyone.”

Joe looked down at the girl in his arms, “That’s so sad.”

Wendy held out her arms for the child, “It is but we do our best to make their lives as good as possible. Although BJ is on new medication and she appears to be doing well so we have some hope for her.”

Joe gave the child a soft kiss on the top of her curls before passing her back to Wendy. He turned back to Sam and allowed her to lead him out.

“The work you do here is amazing, Sam,” he told her, “I’m overwhelmed by some of the things you do here.”

Sam squeezed his arm leading him out of the nursery, “Just wait until I show you the rest.”

*********************************************

“Patrick,” Sam greeted the elder man as he entered the reception, “I’m so glad you were able to come.”

Patrick Sheppard gave her a smile, “It’s a good thing my son’s out of town meeting his in laws. Otherwise I would have had to sneak out in the garbage truck.”

Sam heard Joe chuckle from her side and she turned to him, “Patrick, I’m not sure if you know Joe Faxon.”

“I’ve heard about you,” Patrick smiled as he shook the other man’s hand, “Samantha has been talking about you a great deal at our last few meetings.”

Sam ducked her head, amazed that she actually managed to blush at that.

“That’s nice to know,” Joe grinned as he slipped his arm around Sam’s waist being careful not to wrinkle her dress.

Sam gave Joe a smile, wondering how long she could hit him before he passed out for a second before she turned back to Patrick, “Well, this evening is for a very good cause so I expect you to enjoy yourself, Patrick. We also have silent auction that I’m sure you’ll find something to interest you.”

“Now that is a good idea,” Patrick told her, “So I’ll leave you two kids alone.”

As Patrick headed into the crowd Joe turned to Sam, “Do you feel like a walk?”

“A walk?” Sam asked amused.

Joe nodded, “I want to show you something.”


Sam was trying very hard not take one of the guards guns and shoot the man at her side. She’d spent the past two months acting like she was in love with him and quite frankly it was making her ill.

However, thankfully he was leaving tomorrow to get his new programme out into schools which would mean she would have some time without having to pretend to be human constantly.

“This is a great idea,” Joe told her, “Raising funds for those poor kids.”

Sam forced out a laugh, “It was your idea.”

“That’s what I said, a great idea,” he kissed her.

Sam allowed him to kiss her for a few minutes before pulling back, “If this is such a wonderful party why are we out here?”

“I know I’m leaving tomorrow,” Joe said, “And I should probably wait until we know each other better but I don’t think I can wait until I come back.”

“Wait for what?” Sam asked.

Hoping she appeared confused since she knew exactly what he was talking about, she’d been the one to plant the idea in his sub-conscious one night.

Joe took a small red velvet box from his jacket pocket and dropped to one knee, “Samantha Carter,” he said opening the box to reveal a diamond ring, “You are known as the saviour of Earth and loved by all but I’m the only one who can say that I’m in love with you. Will you marry me?”

“Joe,” Sam gasped, she had been practicing her reactions and answers for a few weeks now so that she would be believable, “I never…I’m just so…” she took a deep breath, “What I mean to say is, yes.”

Joe bounced up and slipped the ring onto her finger drawing her close, “You’ve made me the happiest man alive.”

As he embraced her Sam wondered how long she would have to wait before she could make him the happiest man dead.