Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It's all in the Genes

by Tribal Matriarch
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
9
Cassie phoned late in the afternoon to say that Jon snr had returned, having spent every cent he had on cheap booze and passing out in the park, Jack cared as much as he had earlier, though Sam was slightly upset that he had not told her the situation.

He asked his daughter and David to come around to the house, and spent a while figuring out what to say to the young couple.

They arrived, Cousin Jon driving them as usual, Jack hated to do it but he asked if Jon would leave. The young man shrugged to show he wasn't upset and drove off with a 'call for a lift home' floating in the air.

Jack sat them down and got them both a beer, Sam sat on the sofa already had a diet soda in her hands.

"The reason you are here" Jack started "is so that we, and Cassie, can give you a bit more of her background than you already have." Cassie looked at him surprised, she had asked permission before she had accepted the ring, to be told that she could not tell him. "She wanted to tell you before, but I wouldn't let her, now you need to know" he said. Because Jack knew that David, who had tested as a 4, would soon learn a lot more about the life signs scanner and be able to work out that there had been an 'alien' in the centre of the hall, and as everyone else was related to him… well he wasn't stupid.

Sam decided to start off, she explained to David about the 'gate, and the work they did, all things he would have learnt on Monday morning anyway, and then she explained about what happened to Cassies planet. Cassie spent the whole time staring at the floor, unable to look at her fiancé in case he couldn't cope with the news or the secrets. Jack couldn't blame her for her doubts, hell his had been as bad when he asked Sam to marry him and HE hadn't been keeping the huge secret that he was not totally human!

However David spent a while absorbing the story, and then he turned around and said "Cool!" grabbing Cassie and pulling her into a hug. "Does this mean you have super powers?" he asked her grinning "leap tall buildings, press diamonds out of coal?"

She smiled back at him and hit him on the arm. "'fraid not" she said "Nirrti saw to it, I'm just ordinary, just like you" she said

"Never ordinary" he kissed her gently and she blushed, Jack inclined his head and Sam and he retreated to the kitchen.

"Think they are going to be OK?" Jack asked.

"He reminds me a lot of you… and you would be OK with it" she said, he nodded, hoping that his prior reluctance to allow her to tell him would not harm them both now.

However he had taken the blame, David would understand the need for secrecy, and it would also mean if he caught Cassie wandering around the SGC or in the infirmary he would not get suddenly curious. Accidental discovery was never the way to go in these cases.

They ordered in a Chinese before Jack ran them back to the academy, David had a week left before he would be a full graduate and commissioned officer, and he had orders to turn up at Cheyenne the next morning, with Jacob and Mike. Jack knew that this last week was 'fun' all the pressure of the exams and assignments over so he didn't want to spoil it for the lad. He planned to allow him to stay away until the week after, except for the introduction.

Jack was surprised to find Sam already asleep by the time he returned, he slipped into bed quietly and pulled her to his embrace… he was so glad he had managed to persuade the powers to allow him to stay with her, he never slept alone as well as he did when cuddled up to her warm body.
OoΩoO

Monday morning arrived and they both headed up the mountain, work as usual for Sam and Jacks new position!

He stood by the security gates on the main road as the family members arrived, the security badges not having arrived as yet. Once all eleven members were gathered, Jack having arranged for the cadets to attend as well, he led them in through the various checks and elevators until they were at level 23. He was about to excuse himself when Walter arrived with a trolley, containing BDUs and name patches for everyone, Jacks old quarters were now occupied by Hank and he had been assigned a VIP suite, the rooms for Luke, Peter, Pete and June were the bog standard officer quarters and the others were going to have to put up with really basic shared rooms, at least until NORAD finally closed at the end of the month, though Jack had plans in that direction too.

The 2 huge empty storage areas on the level had both been set aside for his group, and room had been made in the training facility on the surface for them to train as all members of SG units had to.

"Ok folks, first things first, this is NOT anything to do with deep space telemetry" he grinned at the fact that no one looked surprised, "The thing that may shock you is what we DO do here, and that is… we travel to other planets"

Titters went around the room, and Jack waited until they stopped. Teal'c stepped forward, the gold emblem on his forehead seemed to glitter. The calm and solid look he gave everyone calmed the room down.

Jack gave them the background of the SGC. From the dig at Giza right up to the ex-Ori problem, and the Wraith. Teal'c gave them a background on the Goa'uld, who were still about even though their major power was gone

Then he showed them some videos Daniel had taken of Atlantis, when he had been looking for Merlins weapon.

They broke for lunch after that and once everyone had finished Jack looked at his watch and then took them all to the 'gate room. SG1, or at least the other three original members, were already fully equipped and waiting when the new recruits arrived.

"Dial it up!" he said looking up at Walter, sat in his usual position overlooking the room, Walter did his usual thing and Jack stood with his back to the 'gate, watching his family as the 'kawoosh' made them all step back, he smiled and gestured to them all. Teal'c, Daniel and Sam walked up the ramp and through the event horizon, "Go on" he told them.

As could be expected they stood looking at him, trying to see if he was joking or not, but he was serious, the three cadets and Jon were the first to move up, and then the others followed. Jack made sure they were all through before stepping through himself.

He felt the usual rush as the wormhole drew him hundreds of light years distance to the new Alpha site, where the young O'Neill clone had already arrived, carrying several AG activated items as well as a puddle jumper.

"Hey old man" O'Neill jnr said, Jack grinned at him, the days of him being irritated by the youth well past.

"Hey kid" he said, ruffling the youths ever untidy hair, he turned to the others who were all waiting, June and Jacob, he noticed still looked slightly green from their trip. Luke and Peter were looking at the young man astonished, Jack understood why.

"I'd like you all to meet…" he gestured to the youth and they simultaneously said "… me" and they both laughed at the puzzled expressions.

"We used to have some allies, Asgard they were called" Jack paused, it still hurt him to think that Thor was no longer alive. "They had a problem with their genetics and thought the Ancient gene would help, so they cloned me… hence Colonel Jon O'Neill here"

The brass had decided to commission the youth, on his past experiences, even though the body he was in was not the one that had gone through it all. After Sam had returned from her stint in Atlantis Jon had been given command, Sheppard having turned it down. Jack introduced the people that the youth had never seen and their AG level.

"How many of these can I have?" Jon asked.

"None as yet… but as soon as the training is done you can have as many as are willing to come to you" Jack knew that the 'Lanteans were getting desperate for gene holders, they had counted so much on the therapy providing people to work the systems.

"Sure… just try and hurry it up will ya old man?" the youth asked causing a couple of gasps from family members and Alpha site personnel, the fact that the young man was being disrespectful to a three star General was almost as much of a shock as the fact that someone only just old enough to be at the academy was a full bird Colonel.

Being the CO of Atlantis meant that not a single person under his command was younger than him… and that included the family members who would eventually be assigned to him.

Both versions of Jack caught the looks directed at the youth by Luke and Peter. Jane seemed to accept him on face value… but it was obvious he was going to have to work to get respect out of these people… something he was used to having had to take command of the Pegasus outpost.

Jon took his namesake and the other younger family members into the puddle jumper he had brought, while Jack stayed outside with the older ones.

"Luke, Peter, I know you two will have the most trouble with Jon… but you have to remember he's ME… he remembers everything that I do about growing up… and that includes the beating we got from Dad because SOMEONE dropped his bottle of whisky" he looked pointedly at Luke, who had been responsible. "Just remember, he has as much experience as I do, even though he is in such a young body"

He turned to the bag of artefacts that Jon had brought out of the ship, Daniel and Sam explained what each could do, the family members were all quick studies and by the time Jon had finished with the younger AGs they had grasped the basics of the tech they had got… the two parties swapped leaders and Jon took his 'brothers' and 2 nieces and nephews into the craft… Jack moved nearer the rear of the craft just in case there was a problem.
OoΩoO