Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It's all in the Genes

by Tribal Matriarch
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
7
Sam had laid out their clothes, he had a pair of black tailored trousers, his dress shoes and a black dress shirt, she was wearing a short black dress that glittered as she moved, and he wanted to take off the second she put it on!

She was sat at the dresser applying the subtle touches of make-up she always wore when he walked out of the bathroom, he leaned over and kissed the back of her neck, she shivered.

"Happy anniversary" he said, she turned and lifted her face for a kiss, he kissed her making sure she knew she had been kissed! When he pulled back she followed, trying to keep contact. He grinned down at her. "Not too late to decide to stay in" he said, knowing what her answer would be.

She opened her eyes, he was sorry immediately, he could see she was torn, wanting to allow him to get out of it, because of his father, and not wanting to let down the girl she had always felt a special connection for.

"Jack…"

"Forget it," he said "Cassie deserves a nice night, lets make sure she gets it" he placed his hands on her chest and squeezed gently "but you owe me when we get home" he said

She stood and rubbed along his front, nibbling on his neck until he was groaning "OK" she whispered, her hand moved between them and he grabbed her before she could touch him.

She sat back at the dresser with a grin and he went to his bedside table and opened it grabbing the box that he had hidden there after he knew she had searched already.

He stood behind her and removed the medallion from the box, a Naquadah and Trinium pendant the symbol on it the same as the SGC shoulder patch with AT, the sign for Earths point of origin in the centre in Naquadah and a Trinium outside delicately engraved as the whole ring of the 'gate, every symbol clearly etched, red gold inlaid on the chevrons adding a glow as if they were 'engaged'.

The whole thing was light and delicate, and so it wouldn't look too much on her slender neck the chain was Trinium too, so light and flexible it almost felt like fabric rather than metal.

Jack had found that Siler had more hobbies than motorbike repair and had Daniel and Teal'c collect the metals needed over the last year, the chain had been a particularly difficult undertaking, Siler had rightly been proud of his work and Jack felt deeply in his debt.

The 'kids' had commissioned matching earrings that they were going to present at the party.

She touched the necklace with her fingertips her face lit in the thousand watt smile he loved so much. Then she took it off so she could examine it closely, he hated it when she did things like that, she always wanted to examine and study, take things apart, she couldn't just accept when something was beautiful. She saw his face and smiled up at him, holding it back out so he could refasten it.

She stood and he noticed the chain length was perfect, it sat just under her collar bone and drew eyes. The shiny silver of the Trinium lighting the duller, black Naquadah.

"I don't have your present yet" she said, "it was supposed to arrive this morning but they have had a slight problem" He didn't care, the woman in his arms was enough for him.

"Come on, let's go help Cassie celebrate" he picked up the envelope containing the tickets they had bought the young couple, a fortnight in the Bahamas for later in the year, something Jack thought more suitable than a toaster or any normal engagement present, especially as Cassie was still on campus and David was about to be deployed.

Jack had rented out Janets old house after her death, the money going into trust for Cassie later, he had given the tenants notice to quit last month, having made sure that only service men on short term deployment to Peterson had been eligible to rent, so she could move back in almost as soon as she wished to.

David would need a place to stay now he was on station, and Cassie and he could spend their down time and holidays in their own home.
OoΩoO
They arrived at the hall, Teal'c and Daniel were already there, Sam slipped in straight away to check that the caterers and music were set up, then she came out to wait for the guests of honour.

Cassie and David with his cousin Jon were walking across the grass, laughing at something. Behind them Jons brother Jacob was running to catch them up, the young people were all dressed casually, jeans and shirts for the boys, Cassie in a pair of skin tight white short shorts and a gold glittering tank top.

Sam was laughing up at Jacks face, he still could only see her as a child and they had had some blazing rows over the last 3 years about 'suitable' dress, she was finally grown up though and his responsibility was coming to an end, even if he would never feel as if it had.

The extended family was completed when George Hammond and his family arrived, the Wilbys had been around for Cassie at those times when Sam and Jack had been out of touch, and 'Grandpa' George held a special place in Cassies heart.

The party moved indoors, the couple standing close to the entry so they could greet the rest of the guests, David would have a hell of a lot of introductions to perform, but already lots of their class members were arriving, after all they didn't have far to travel!

Cassie was soon surrounded by girls her own age, everyone wishing to see the ring, a classic solitaire diamond that glittered on her finger.

Lots of giggles ensued and Jack took it that some of the talk was probably naughty in the extreme, knowing male recruits he hoped that the females would be slightly less crude!

Then the family arrived, Cassie was introduced to all she had not already met, and what a hell of a lot there were, there were thirty members altogether, ranging from Graham, Lukes youngest through to Jacks father Jon, there was even Leah, the first of the next generation, who was seven now, though there was no sign of Rachaels husband, and no one mentioned one.

Last through the door was Jacks father, he strode straight into the hall without pausing to shake Davids hand or be introduced to Cassie, Grace had moved up and put a comforting hand on the pairs shoulders as she watched her father enter, Cassie shrugged it off but David looked upset. Jack felt his anger grow.

The old man made his way over to the table that was serving drinks, Jack had already had words with the barman, Paul, and confirmed his order with a nod of his head when he saw him look over. He was the same barman who had been on duty that day at O'Malleys when the team wearing the Atonikes armbands threw half a dozen heavies about as if they were rag dolls, and so he was wary of what could happen if he didn't do as he was told.

He was firm but polite, refusing to serve anything alcoholic, Jons voice rose above the music, loud and demanding, but Paul held firm. Peter, Hope and Luke moved up to try to calm the situation but the old man pushed them aside and made his way straight to where he thought the blame lay.

"I take it they are acting under your orders… General" he sneered, Jack nodded, the old man tried to crowd into his personal space, a tactic that Jack had seen him use to good effect in his youth, but even though he was still well built Jack was not intimidated in the least. Hope was trying to pull her father away, but he roughly shook her off and glared at her.

"You are NOT going to get drunk and spoil Cassies party" he told his father, the old man tried to lean once more and at last Jack moved, he grabbed him by the arm and held tightly until he saw pain flash across the other mans face, he leant down and spoke directly into his ear "Don't try it, I still remember what happened with Mark, and now I could do something about it and not leave a trace… Don't push me old man" Jack noticed his sister from the corner of his eye and her reaction to the mention of Mark… he closed his eyes, wishing she had not been close enough to hear, but it was too late now.

Shock flashed in his fathers eyes, Jack had often stood firm when his father tried to bully him, but because his mother would suffer he had never threatened retaliation before, the old man had thought him a coward. Now she was dead, and the fact that the nasty old man was still bullying his children, all of whom were fully grown, showed Jack that no one had as yet stood up to him. Jack wondered why Michael and Matthew, his sisters husbands, had allowed it to continue, but he knew the answer, because their wives asked them not to sort it out, they were both too soft for their own good!

Jack let go of his arm and the old man fell into one of the chairs around the outside of the room. "Stay there!" Jack said and waved Teal'c over. "T' do me a favour and keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't make a scene please" the Jaffa nodded his head regally.

However Jack wasn't quite across the room before he heard shouting, and retracing his steps he heard his father having a go at his friend. "Get out of my way Nigger!" he shouted, trying to push his way past, Teal'c of course acted like the legendary immovable object and refused to budge, he didn't understand the derogatory term, though he could tell it was an insult.

"Granddad!" David said, shocked "You can't use words like that!"

"I can use any words I damn well please" the old man said "Get me a drink!" the youngster turned to do as he was told but Jack wasn't having it. He looked around for Grace and when he found her he went and told her what was happening, he asked for the motel key and grabbed his father by the arm and dragged him from the building. Outside he bundled him into the truck and drove to the motel, letting the old man into the room he retrieved a couple of bottles of scotch from the back seat that he had brought just in case, and he threw them on the bed.

"Don't come back!" Jack said, he locked the door behind him and went back to the party.
OoΩoO