Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Keeping it in the Family

by Tribal Matriarch
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
17

The Jaffa collected all the bodies together and the Tel'tak landed in the clearing by the lake, everyone was marched on board and Mark and the kids were put into a room, as a sort of afterthought they threw Jon in as well, the sound he made as he hit the floor proving he was not quite dead.

As soon as the door shut the children stopped crying and gathered together around the broken body of their fathers clone, they held hands and bowed their heads… and suddenly Jon was propping himself up and coughing blood!

Mark rushed over to help him as he cleared his lungs, the kids sat down against the wall, silent and as unchildlike as he had ever seen them. At least they did not collapse this time. It was obvious they were getting stronger, and as a group needed less effort to cure someone than before.

They felt the vessel take off, Jon and Mark just looked at each other, he had no idea what the youth was thinking, but as for himself he was terrified, he had no experience with fighting… what could he do to protect the children? What was he going to face when they arrived wherever it was?

He paced the room until George spoke up "fer crying out loud Uncle Mark… sit down!"

Jon looked at the kids in shock, but Mark knew to expect something like this, after all when they had cured Jane they had picked up her speech and vocabulary!

"Any idea who got us?" Jon asked, Mark shook his head, he had not recognised the glyph on the Jaffa's foreheads. "Warn anyone?"

"Just Sam and Jane, Jack didn't answer his cell when I tried him" he told the young man

"Then it was planned to get us as soon as we were the only two guarding the kids, Jack never EVER does not answer his phone. Damn we walked straight into it by going to the cabin!" he thumped his head back against the wall he was sat against. "They must be hoping for him to give himself up for the kids… which he will of course."

"Not going to happen" Jacob said "We can't let them get Dad, he knows too much"

"I can't see a way to prevent it" Jon said "it's not like we can do much about it here"

"If we get aboard a mothership though we can" Jonathan said "We managed to heal mom last week when she cut her hand, it was enough that we absorbed some knowledge of the workings of a mothership, if we can get into a room with a control panel we can get out"

Mark explained about the kids absorbing things through contact, though he had thought that it was limited to vocabulary, it seemed that maybe it wasn't. He had to remind himself, these kids weren't even two yet! No matter how they spoke, they still had afternoon naps!

The engine sounds changed, slowed and stopped, there was silence. They waited for over an hour before hearing anything else, and when they did it was more like a vibration than a sound.

The doors opened and the Jaffa from earlier walked in and pointed them out the door, if they were surprised to see Jon on his feet they didn't show it.

They walked out the door, and out the cargo ship, into what must have been a hanger, the space was enormous! Several ships were sat on the floor and several more were suspended from the ceiling. Mark was astonished, he had heard of mother ships, and knew they used to sit on top of the Great Pyramid at Giza, but the reality of it was enough to take his breath away. Nothing he read prepared him for the sheer size it!

"Kree!" the Jaffa said and a door at the side wall of the space opened, they went though, Jon first, the kids between in twos, holding hands, and Mark behind.

"Welcome," the strange sounding voice said

"Bocce!" Jon replied the overdressed man who approached looked at Jon puzzled

"O'Neill?" he said

"Close" Jon replied, "not the O'Neill you are thinking of"

"It matters not" he looked down at the children "These are the offspring of O'Neill?" he asked

"Ya think?" Richard said, drawing an incredulous look from the enemies around them.

"Put them in a holding cell"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The cell was quite a large room, the children did a quick survey and Jon levered the cover off a panel next to the door, he pulled wires and crystals out of the interior of the wall and lay them on the floor.

A ventilation shaft was hidden behind a bench against the wall and Jon and Mark moved the bench and got the cover off.

"You lot, hide in here and do NOTHING!" Jon told the children, they entered the shaft and he covered the hole again and they put the bench back against the wall.

The sound of metal clad boots sounded out, coming towards the door, a strange electronic noise sounded, and then a banging on the door Jon motioned for him to move back against the wall.

It took them over 15 minutes to open the door, Jon translating the swearing with glee, the man he called Ba'al was there after the first 5 minutes, pushing them to hurry.

When the door finally opened, 8 Jaffa rushed in, they noticed the lack of children and immediately pulled the bench from the wall.

When they removed the cover, however, there was no sign of the children

"Find them!" Ba'al shouted, most of the Jaffa left the room, the others held onto the two men. "We will see if you can provide the same entertainment as the other one" Jon stiffened and shot Mark a look.

"Bocce, you haven't changed, still got delusions of Godhood and dress like a queen!" he said, "Shame that none of the female Goa'uld will have you, you could work some of your frustrations out on them" Mark thought he had gone mad, goading him into a temper like that! What the hell did he have to gain?

Mark was moved into another room and Jon was dragged away.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Three hours later and Jon was thrown back into the room, his clothes had several holes that looked like acid had burnt through the material.

He dragged the youth onto the bench, "What happened?" he asked

"You don't want to know" he was told as the young man rolled away and faced the wall.

"He was tortured to death and then revived in a sarcophagus" Mark jumped, he looked under the bench, one of the boys was on the other side of the grill.

"He died?" he asked

"Yeah, Ba'al did this to dad years ago, he tortured him to death over 10 times and brought him back, that's why he goaded Ba'al, he knew you wouldn't cope with it"

"Tryin to sleep here" Jon said "you kids OK there?"

"Yeah they can't get into the smaller shafts" the child replied "we found the main armoury… did you know Ba'al had started stocking up on Earth weapons? He has… had a case of C4, Janet is working on a detonator, we drew straws, seems we have a competition going between us… who can fuck up Ba'al best" a giggle sounded

Mark felt like he had fallen into the Twilight Zone, he was talking to a child less than 2 years old, who was using adult phrases and swear words, but doing it correctly, not as a child will usually copy words. Jon seemed to take it in his stride, but then he too was a lot older than he looked.

The boots came close again and even though Jon fought them, they grabbed Mark and dragged him out of the room.