Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Keeping it in the Family

by Tribal Matriarch
[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
10
Jane was up and about in 2 days, she actually wanted to be up within 8 hours but the doctor wouldn't allow it. The kids showed no effects from what they had done by the morning after, having slept in their old nursery just to make sure.

However the day Jane was released something strange happened, the children started talking, and not the way babies are supposed to! No "mama" or "daddy", the words coming out of their mouths were more in the region of "I need the toilet" and "is it dinner time?"

Jack sent a message to Thor about the situation, explaining about Jane and the sudden development of language skills, Thor replied that he would bring back 'help' in a few days.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jack and Sam refused to keep the kids on base waiting for the alien arrival, they needed more room than the old nursery could provide nowadays, they did not sleep all through the day any more and did not like being confined to cots, and were vocal about letting the adults know it. Jane went home to her children, with a promise to return when called, she volunteered to work at the SGC, part time, now she had her health back and a future to look forward to. As she had already been filled in after the miracle cure, she was welcomed to the base by both the CMO and base commander.

Mark had become close friends with Dixon, apart from the fact they worked together, they both enjoyed the same sports, and had the same sense of humour, their children being of the same age range meant they spent a lot of time commiserating about their lot in life and the use of prophylactics in future.

Usually Mark and Dixon could be found in the command centre, the information gathered from MALPs and UAVs were now Marks responsibility as well as the dialling programme, and he found it totally fascinating to be allowed to see the surface of other planets and the remains of dead civilisations.

He started to understand what his sister and the rest found so wonderful.

The two men were arranging to see a baseball game when the message that Thor was in orbit came in. It was an unusual message, usually Thor just beamed in, but his message said that 'they' would be beaming down in one earth hour. Mark contacted Jane and told her to get back to base. She agreed and asked Carol to keep her kids until she returned if she was not back before school finished. The two women had become as close as their husbands, complaining not only about their offspring, but spouses at the same time. Carol helped out with the O'Neill children often as well, her daughters loving the real live dolls that stumbled about the yard and sand pit, when everyone was at home the O'Neill back yard was seen as an 'open house' by the children in the street, the pool saw regular use by the teens and near teens, the play area by the younger ones, the O'Neills as well as little Janet Wells, and Michael, the youngest Dixon, the barbeque and furniture by whichever parents or SGC members that were around. As well as a couple of nurses that were being employed to help around the nursery for Sam at home and on base.

Dixon contacted General O'Neill in his office in the Pentagon, and Colonel Carter in area 51, everyone would be gathered when necessary.

By prior agreement the octuplets were on base, with their nurses, but the Generals decided to hold the meeting in the briefing room rather than down where it was already a little crowded.

The humans gathered, Daniel and Teal'c as well as the others, though at the last minute Jack had to go get Sam from '51 as she insisted that she needed to finish her experiment, they had moved the stone pickup point in the base from her quarters to her lab, as she gave the quarters up now she no longer needed them.

The doctor had all of Janes medical files with him as well as the ones belonging to the children. A beam of light covered one end of the room and five figures were left behind when it died away, Thor and Heimdall were expected, Nol, Nom and Fer were not!

Mark studied the new arrivals, he had seen Thor occasionally when he appeared for Graces blood, but he had only seen stills of the Furlings. The three aliens tall enough to use human furniture sat at the table while the Asgard had brought their own.

Thor opened the conversation… "Greetings O'Neill and members of the SGC" Mark had noticed that it was rare the little alien spoke to anyone but members of the former SG1 and if Jack was available, to him, rather than the other 3. "I have brought Nol, Nom and Fer as representatives of their race for two reasons, the first, while the healing abilities of the children could be expected because of their heritage the language cannot. The second is that the Furling race is having problems with the clones we provided."

Jack took over. "Let's get the human kids out of the way first, then we can look at the other problem" he gave Thor and Heimdall copies of Janes records, but only had one spare for the three Furlings to share, Nol took it and gave it straight to Nom, who opened it and hissed slightly, Nol looked up and said.

"We are unable to read this" the humans at the table who had met the Furlings before were all open mouthed, Daniel spoke up

"You speak English now?"

Thor chimed in "The Furlings could only translate by devices the last time we met, as they only knew very ancient earth languages, such as the Goa'uld use, however they asked for the translator I used during our last meeting and have since learnt modern English in the hopes of understanding the subtlety of your language that they were missing by just scanning your audio visual signals."

"TV" Daniel said, Thor and the two male Furlings nodded, "I remember you had been watching a religious programme the last time we spoke"

The front of Thors chair had an interface with a stone on it, and he moved it from side to side and a 3D hologram opened, it was triangular, with the side facing the humans in English, the end of the table in Furling and the side facing himself in Asgard, the charts on the display explained that each was a translation of the medical records. Nom and Heimdall leaned forward and read the screen.

Another hiss, Heimdall nodded and hissed back! The males looked at the Asgard and then gave what could be viewed as a shrug, saying nothing.

Thor asked to see the children and Teal'c went into the Generals office to contact the infirmary.

By the time the children and their escorts, their two nurses and the other two members of SG13, arrived the two aliens had stopped hissing at each other, ending with a nod.

The female Furling strode around the table, her movements very smooth and graceful, and she bent down to examine the small humans, a gentle look on her face, she smoothed one finger down Tildas face "You are very beautiful" she said to the child in perfect English… strangely she had an English accent!

She looked over the other 7 and said "you are all very beautiful, children are to be cherished but you have an inheritance that should make you proud" the children all nodded their heads solemnly, looking like miniature Jaffa warriors! It was obvious they understood every word she said to them.