Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Trust your enemy Part 1

by Nishlaverz
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sam led SG-1 through the gate for the first time as their Commanding Officer.
When the team emerged Sam looked around for a minute and looked at Daniel and Teal'c who where both looking back at her waiting for her to give orders. Sam had another quick look around and saw the path leading from the Stargate through a woodland. "Teal'c you cover the rear I don't want to be ambushed on my first mission in charge" Sam said as she motioned to Daniel and Teal'c to follow the path 'Lets see where this leads.
After about an hour they came to the edge of a clearing and Sam motioned them to stop. Within this clearing they could see a village and people milling around what looked like a market. After a few minutes Sam said 'lets introduce ourselves and she gestured for them to move into the clearing. As they moved into the clearing and towards the village market the smell of cooking and incense filled the air.
The locals looked stunned to see strangers in their village and one man pointing towards Teal'c shouted something and men with spears and bows came out of a nearby building and pointed their weapons at the team. Sam and Daniel looked at each other then without a word Daniel moved forward slightly and spoke. "We are visitors we do not wish to harm you" he said as he lowered his weapon, as he did so Sam did the same but Teal'c was still pointing his Staff "Teal'c" said Sam as she gestured for him to lower his weapon "we don't want to give them a reason to attack us." Teal'c lowered his staff.
"I think they must have a problem with snake heads and Jaffa as a believe it is Teal'c they are aiming at." Daniel said to Sam.
Teal'c said to the people "I am no longer in the service of the Goa'uld I believe them to be false Gods." The men brandishing weapons did not budge they kept their weapons fixed on their target. Sam moved forward. "I am Cap", she stopped herself mid sentence "Lt Colonel Samantha Carter we come from a planet called earth. We come to make allies with your people, we do not wish to harm you."
"If that is the case why do you travel with a Jaffa our sworn enemy?" asked a man who had moved to the front of the armed men as Sam had been speaking "and why are you a woman in charge?"
"Teal'c is a valued member of our team he has saved us from the Goa'uld and he now has no elegance to them. As he as already said he believes them to be false gods and no longer does he worship them or fight for them." Sam said as she looked from the man to Teal'c
"I fight for the freedom of all enslaved races and to rid us of them. Lt Colonel Carter is a fine warrior and leader and I am honored to serve"
The man stood and listened then told his men to lower their weapons. "Come Come" he said to SG-1 as he gestured towards the largest building situated in the center of the Village. Daniel and Teal'c looked to Sam and she gestured for them to follow.
"I am sorry about the welcoming committee the man said we cannot be to careful a day ago we where attacked by a group of Jaffa and 10 of our women were taken. They left through the Chaapa'ai. I'm Marhak leader of this Village."
"Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c" Sam replied and pointed to Daniel and Teal'c as she said their names.
"We may be able to help you if you want to try and get them back." Daniel said
"We'll need to speak with General O'Neill before we go off fighting a Goa'uld" Sam said to Daniel "but I think we should try and help in anyway we can."
"Did you or anyone see the symbols they dialed when they left?" continued Daniel
"I did" came a voice from behind them. Sam turned and looked to where the voice was coming from, it was one of the soldiers from before
"Could you draw them for me" asked Daniel offering him some paper and a pencil.
"I'll try" he said taking the paper and pencil from Daniel. A few minutes later he handed it back to Daniel
"I believe this it th right set of symbols" he said
"Thank you" Daniel replied
"We are due to report back home in an hour we will try and get some help for you" Sam said.
"I'll get my soldiers ready" replied the man who had given them the gate address..

Daniel you come with me Teal'c you stay and see what other information you can get.

Sam and Daniel started back towards the gate.
As they moved through the woodland Sam thought about what she would say to Jack when she reported in.
When they got there Daniel started dialing the gate. He was just about to press the last symbol when the gate sprung into action 'Incoming' he shouted. The two of them dived for cover in the trees a little way from where they had emerged just a few moments ago just as the wormhole appeared.