Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

by Lady FoxFire, Corwalch
[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
<i>"So who were you

Disclaimer: This fit of madness if from the twisted minds of Corwalch and Lady FoxFire. If you recognize something from Stargate SG-1 or from Harry Potter then you better believe we don't own it or make any money from it.

Author Notes: The writing styles of Corwalch and Lady FoxFire don't mesh very well and since this is the first chapter we wrote together you'll have to forgive us for taking so long to get it out. We were able to write it in one day and then edited it 4 times before we arrived here.

 

 

You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

Post "The Fifth Race"

by Lady Foxfire and Corwalch

 

 

 

"So who were you?"

Jack took a deep breath and look Harry directly in the eyes. "Sirius Black."

Harry let out a bitter chuckle as he put his glass down on the table in between Jack and himself. "Yeah right. That's not possible. You're too old to be Sirius."

Jack looked down at the glass in his hand, then back at Harry "When I fell through the Veil, I was transported back into time. Somehow, I was reborn as Jonathan O'Neill."

Harry’s eyes narrowed, becoming harder. Rising from his chair, he stepped back, getting out of range of Jack. "Prove it," he demanded.

"At Christmas… This past Christmas, Dumbledore in his infinite wisdom and love allowedus to spend time together in that fucking hell hole that was my prison," Jack ran his hand through his hair. "Fuck… I was so messed up from Azkaban. I sometimes had trouble remembering you weren't James, that everything that had happened to me, really did happen and it wasn’t all some sick twisted nightmare."

Harry stared at Jack, his jaw clenched tight; his wand in his hand as his eyes demanded more proof from the man seated in front of him.

Jack let out a weary sigh. "The day after Christmas, you'd found me in Buckbeak's room. I usually went up there to escape… to escape them, myself, that damned house… everything, even if only for a little while. We ended up talking. I told you how everything had gone wrong the day James tried to ask Lily to marry him; how in the end Lily asked him to marry her." Jack smile fondly at the memory. "I remember telling you how as a baby, you seem to have this uncanny ability to pee in any man's face with the exception of yours truly when they changed your diaper. Oh and there was this one time that rat had you and somehow your diaper came undone and you let it rip with both guns all over his new robes and then finished up with puking up on the only clean spot left."

Harry looked at Jack with wide eyes; his hand shook slightly as Jack's words rang with truth.

"I always figured it was James pulling a prank on Peter," Jack commented, "but I guess you knew more than we did about that little rat."

Harry backed up one more step; he shook his head violently. "No. That’s not proof," Harry had trouble speaking, given the painful emotions rising up in him and looking for an outlet. "No, you could have used Occulmency to learn those things."

Jack shook his head. "You know perfectly well that I didn't Harry," he replied. "You would’ve felt me. I was never very good at Occlumency. My teachers always said I left them with a headache, even if I did it while they were asleep."

As Jack got up and moved toward Harry intending to comfort him, Harry snarled and backed away from him, his wand out and pointed at Jack’s chest. "No. No! This is some kind of sick trick! You're working for Voldemort. Or… or you're working Fudge, trying to get me expelled."

Jack snorted. "I'm not a Deatheater and Fudge is too stupid to come up with an idea like that."

"You could be a sympathizer," Harry countered, grasping at any possible reason for why this man would be making these outrageous claims. "You might be one of those who believes that Voldemort and his followers are right… that all the Muggleborn should be killed."

"And if I were, then you would have already been in Moldywart's hands, if not dead," Jack pointed out, throwing his hands up in the air. "Hell, your mother was a Muggleborn, Harry!  If I believed in that crap, or the crap my parent's spouted, I would never have been her friend, let alone your Godfather."

"You're not my Godfather!" Harry shouted, tears running down his cheeks. "Sirius is my Godfather… was my Godfather, but he's dead… And it's my fault!"

"I. Am. Sirius." Jack repeated emphasizing each word.

"You're not! You can't be Sirius! " Harry insisted wiping his tears away angrily. "Sirius would… Sirius would never have left me with the Dursley's, if he could’ve helped it."

Jack rocked back oh his feet as if he had been struck. Collapsing back in his chair, the older man tried to explain. "That night… the night when James and Lily were killed… I admit it… I wasn't thinking straight. I was thinking about how it was my fault that they were gone. If I hadn't thought up the idea of switching secret keepers, they would have still been alive," Jack admitted softly his head bowed. "When I saw you with Hagrid, I knew he would take you to Hogwarts, to Dumbledore. I knew you would be safe there until I was able to deal with Peter. I was going to catch that rat and send him off to Azkaban. I only let you go so you would be safe."

Harry stared at Jack in silence.

"When I ended up becoming Jack, reincarnation...whatever happened to me…who I am now," Jack said haltingly, "I didn't remember anything about being Sirius, about you, or Lily or James. But as soon as my memories started to come back, I made plans to come and get you, to rescue you. I remembered how much you hated living with the Dursley's."

Harry shook his head in disbelief. "No. That… everything you’ve said doesn't prove anything!" Harry snapped. "You’re in the military, for all I know you're working for some government agency that wants to use me, to turn me into some type of weapon. You'll say anything to make me believe in you, …to trust you."

Jack shook his head sadly, but before he could say anything their attention was diverted by a black Hummer as it drove down the driveway toward the cabin.

As Jack rose to his feet, his hand slid toward the small of his back where he kept his gun. Pulling it out, he brought it down beside his right leg, slightly out of sight, alert for danger.

Harry’s eyes widened at the sight of the gun, not to mention the black Hummer coming toward them. It was all the confirmation he needed that this man wasn’t to be trusted. "I knew it! I was right! You were lying to me! This was all a setup!"

Turning on his heels, Harry took off into the woods surrounding the cabin. Jack took a moment to snarl, "Damn!" before taking off after Harry while trying to keep one eye on the Hummer.

 

~*~

 

The headlights of the Hummer illuminated the porch briefly as Sam started to round the curve of the cabin’s driveway. All three in the Hummer saw Jack seated on the porch and the teen that Ferretti had reported as being with Jack, was standing a few feet away. It looked as though the pair were arguing about something.

As the headlights slid past the pair, they saw the teen look in their direction and then take off around the back of the house. They saw Jack’s shadowed form following a moment later.

"Ferretti!" Daniel called into his radio, "Jack and the kid have bolted around to the back of the house. We seemed to have spooked them. Can you try to intercept them from your side and we will split up and search for them from this side of the house?"

"I’m on it, Dr. J. " Ferretti’s reply came over the radio.

Once Sam had the Hummer parked near the porch, she went to the rear of it and pulling a flashlight out of the emergency kit, she handed it to Teal’c.

"Daniel and I will get a couple of flashlights from the cabin and be right behind you." Sam told Teal’c, nodding toward the cabin.

Taking the flashlight, Teal’c nodded before heading in the direction O’Neill and the young man had gone. Pulling a handkerchief out of his pocket, he covered the lens of the flashlight with it so the glare wouldn’t be quite so obvious but it would still give him enough light to see by.

A few feet into the woods, Teal’c stopped and knelt down to examine some strange tracks. At first they had been the size of an adult tennis shoe, obviously O’Neill’s, but then those tracks had suddenly stopped and from that point on, the tracks continued as those of a large canine. There was no pause between one set of tracks and the other. He checked the surrounding area for other footprints and while he found a number of sets, they appeared to be older tracks. He couldn’t find any more recent sets of tracks for O’Neill. How was this possible?Where had O’Neill gone?

Looking down at the unexpected animal tracks, Teal’c radioed the others to alert them. "Captain Carter, I do not believe we are out here alone. O’Neill’s tracks have suddenly stopped and seemed to have been replaced by a large dog’s."

"Did you say dog, Teal’c?" Sam queried.

"Yes, Captain Carter," Teal’c confirmed his earlier report. "And from the size of the print and length of stride I would say it is a very large dog."

"Ferretti, did you hear that?" Sam wanted to know.

"Yea, I did," Ferretti called back.

"Be careful, there’s no telling what that dog’s been trained to do." Sam warned both men. "We are just leaving the cabin now with more flashlights, so Daniel and I will be joining you shortly."

 

~*~

 

Ferretti had already been moving to intercept the boy when he'd taken off like a rabbit. The team had split up to search, and the appearance of the Hummer had clearly spooked the boy. It was a good thing Jackson had radio'd him that they'd split into teams to search for the Colonel and the boy.

"Captain Carter. I do not believe we are out here alone. O’Neill’s tracks have suddenly stopped and seemed to have been replaced by a large dog’s," Teal'c voice came through the small earpiece that Lou had in his left ear.

Lou moved silently through the forest in the directions of what sounded like someone one blindly running though the woods.

Captain Carter's voice came from the earpiece next. "Did you say dog, Teal’c?"

"Yes, Captain Carter."

Ferretti froze in place so not to give way his position as his mind replayed exactly what Teal'c had said.

"Ferretti, did you hear that?" Captain Carter's voice said into his ear.

Lou licked his lips as he touched the button that allowed him to transmit. "Yea, I did," he replied softly.

Carter's reply came back immediately. "Be careful, there’s no telling what that dog’s been trained to do. We're just leaving the cabin now with more flashlights, so Daniel and I will be joining you both shortly."

"That's not what I'm worried about," Lou said softly to himself as he glanced at the nearly full moon in the sky. "What did they do to you Jack?"

The sounds of someone stumbling blindly though the forest in a hurry, snapped Ferretti out of his study of the moon. With skill that had been drilled into him for years, Lou started to move silently towards his target using the shadows to hide his presence.

Silently, he positioned himself so that the target would pass him if it continued on the same hurried path from Jack's cabin. A mumbled curse from what sounded like the young teen alerted the Major to the target’s position.

Holding his breath, Lou waited for the boy to be slightly in front of his hiding position before grabbing and pulling the boy towards him.

The boy didn't shout or call for help as Lou had expected him to do when caught by an unknown. Instead the boy went limp for a moment before suddenly starting to fight like a demon against Ferretti’s hold; biting, kicking, scratching, doing whatever he need to make Lou let go.

"Hold still, kid," Ferretti growled as he tried to restrain the teen without hurting him. "I'm not going to hurt you."

A menacing growl from the left of their position caused Major Ferretti and the kid to freeze in place. Almost as one they turned and looked in the direction the noise had come from. They saw a pair of glowing blue eyes about two and a half to three feet off the ground and slightly below them were a set of shiny white teeth. The creature growled once again at them

"Oh shit," Lou exclaimed as he pushed the boy behind him and drew his gun.

 

~*~

 

Daniel and Sam moved slowly through the woods around Jack’s cabin. The flashlights in their hands allowed them to keep track of each other’s positions. Teal’c kept them apprised of what he had found so far as he followed the dog’s tracks. What worried Daniel was that Teal’c was still reporting no sign of any tracks for Jack and the animal tracks seemed to be following the kid. They were able to hear the faint sounds of someone moving hastily through the woods. They also heard someone swearing as they apparently encountered an unexpected obstacle. Daniel kept moving in the direction of those sounds and noted out of the corner of his eye, Sam was doing the same thing.

All of a sudden the sounds they were following ceased, causing Daniel to freeze in place, uncertain of what was going on. A moment later he heard something growl and then he heard the words ‘oh shit’. The voice sounded like Lou’s. He started moving in Lou’s direction worried that the animal Teal’c reported tracking, had found Ferretti. A moment later his fears were confirmed by the sound of gunfire.

Another growl followed by a shout galvanized Daniel and had him rushing toward the sound shouting "Lou!"

 

~*~

 

As the words 'Oh shit' escaped him mouth a number of things happened at once. The first being that Ferretti pulled his gun and was swinging it around to face the creature.

The second thing to happen between heartbeats was for the creature to crouch down and then spring at Lou as a mass of black fur and teeth.

With the creature attacking him, Lou swung his gun up into firing position, hoping to get a shot off before it could complete its attack. The boy Ferretti was trying to protect suddenly grabbed hold of Ferretti's arm, pulling the gun away from the creature.

With a 'Oof' the black beast landed on Lou, forcing him to the ground, and his finger twitched on the trigger sending a single bullet into the night sky.

As Ferretti slammed into the ground with the massive weight of the dog on his chest, knocking the breath out of him, his gun slipped out of his fingers to land someplace unseen.

"Lou!"

The shout of Lou's name cause the beast to stop, its teeth just inches away from Ferretti's face and the boy to take off once again into the forest.

The creature remained on Lou's chest as it looked in the direction the voice had come from and then in the direction the boy has gone. The dog looked back again to where the voice had come from and heard the sounds of more people coming closer. Letting out a pitiful whine, the dog bounded off after the boy.

Coughing weakly, Lou forced air back into his lungs as he watched the beast go after the helpless kid.

 

~*~

 

Daniel found Lou a few moments later, still trying to get to his feet. Teal’c and Sam found them, just as Daniel had gotten Ferretti back on his feet.

Still trying to recover his breath, Ferretti coughed out "Teal’c, when you said it was a big dog you weren’t kidding. That thing felt like a car when it landed on me and it has big teeth… lots of big teeth."

"What happened, Major?" Carter wanted to know.

"I caught the kid, and he was fighting me, when we both heard something growl. Saw a pair of glowing blue eyes looking at us." Ferretti told them. "I shoved the kid behind me and reached for my gun when that thing growled again. I started to take a shot as soon as it came out of the shadows, but the kid jerked my arm, spoiling my chance at getting a shot off. Then Cujo landed me before I had a chance to get another shot off. It felt like I’d been hit by a car when it knocked me to the ground. The kid took off and the dog followed him."

"Then we need to find the kid before that dog does." Daniel commented. "Whoever Jack is protecting that kid from probably trained it to go after him."

"We need to find the Colonel as well." Carter reminded them, scanning the surrounding forest all senses on alert. "Did any of you see him?"

All three men shook their heads.

"I think we need to find the kid first. Jack knows how to take care of himself and it looks like the kid doesn’t." Daniel reminded them. "Once we find him, we can keep him with us as we search for Jack."

"I agree," Teal’c nodded. "At the moment it would appear as though the child is in more danger from the dog. Once we have him where we can keep an eye on him, we can concentrate our search on O’Neill instead of having to split our resources."

Carter and Ferretti nodded. It was the most sensible thing to do, since they had no idea where O’Neill was, but Ferretti did have a direction on where the unknown teen had gone.

 

~*~

 

It was a tree root that finally stopped Harry's mad escape through the forest, catching his foot and sending him to the ground, twisting his ankle even further. Fortunately, for him, it wasn’t broken, even though it was painful to put any weight on it.

Hobbling along the best he could, Harry tried to put as much distance between the man who’d grabbed him in the woods and the creature he was afraid to name.

Unfortunately any further hopes of escape were dashed when he stepped wrong and his twisted ankle gave out on him, sending him crashing to the ground again.

Harry sat on the ground his hands wrapped around the bruised ankle, rocking back and forth, as if to beg for it to get better now. His breath hitched with a mix of frustration and pain.

Not one to give up, Harry started looking around for branch or something to help him continue his escape before someone or something found him. Unfortunately, the something found him first. He heard it whine.

In the shadow of a massive tree was the same pair of blue eyes of the creature that had attacked the stranger who had grabbed him. Harry started to madly grab around for anything he could use to defend himself, while his eyes never strayed from the creature.

As Harry's hand wrapped around a rock he could use as a weapon the creature slowly stepped out of the shadows revealing itself to be a huge grim-like dog.

Harry sat motionless as he stared at a creature that was almost identical to the Sirius' Animagus form.

The Grim lowered it's front legs so that only it's hind end was up in the air, it's tail wagging madly almost like the beast was trying to say 'come play with me'.

"Siri… Sirius?" Harry whispered softly as if afraid that this is only a dream.

The creature replied with a friendly sort of bark.

Harry stared at the creature in shock as the color drained from his face; the rock tumbled out of his hand onto the ground.

With a concerned whine the dog lowered it's rear end and crawled over to Harry. Licking Harry's hand, it whined for him to respond.

"Sirius?" Harry said once again his voice breaking with unshed tears as he started to touch the animal as if to make sure it was not a dream.

The dog whined once again as it pressed its cold nose against Harry's cheek before giving him a slobbery kiss on the same cheek.

"Sirius!" Harry cried out as he wrapped his arms around the massive dog, burying his face in the black fur as his body was wracked with muffled sobs.

Harry let out all the emotions he had buried since his godfather's death, while the animal suffered through it silently. The only time the animal moved was when Teal'c stepped out of the sheltering shadows.

 

~*~

 

"Is your dog’s name Sirius?" Teal’c made no move to come closer to the pair, not wanting to arouse the dog’s protective instincts. "He is a very determined protector and seems to be very loyal to you."

The large shaggy dog looked up at Teal’c and sneezed.

Harry started in surprised at Teal’c’s low rumbly voice. He couldn’t let this man take him or Sirius. How could he have forgotten they were in danger? He had to get Sirius out of here!

"Captain Carter, Major Ferretti, DanielJackson," Teal’c contacted the others who were out there searching. "I have located the boy and the dog. The dog apparently belongs to him as it seems to be protecting him."

"Any sign of Colonel O’Neill?" Carter wanted to know.

"No," Teal’c told them as he watched the boy and dog. "The boy appears to be injured. I do not believe he will be able to keep up with us. I suggest we return him to the cabin. Then Major Ferretti and I can continue searching for O’Neill."

Hearing the big man’s intentions towards him, Harry tugged on Sirius’ fur trying to get the dog’s attention. Once he had it, he hissed, "We have to get out of here. We can’t let them take you."

Sirius pulled away from him and took up a position halfway between Teal’c and Harry. He then did something that totally surprised Harry. Lowering the front half of his body to the ground while keeping his rear end in the air the dog yipped at the black man and wagged his tail as begging the man to play with him.

"Sirius!" Harry hissed unable to believe that Sirius could be this foolish. They didn’t know who this man was. Why was he acting like he could trust him.

"I mean you no harm," Teal’c told the young man. "Colonel O’Neill brought you here to protect you from something and that is all I and my companions want to do as well."

Harry looked back and forth between Teal'c and Sirius. "Jack lied to me. He told me something that I know perfectly well now is a lie," Harry said. "He kidnapped me from my home, from my country. Why should I trust you?"

"I know O’Neill very well." Teal’c countered, seemingly unperturbed by the boy’s anger. "While he has been known to lie on occasion, it is never without good reason. Also while I do not know what it is you think he lied to you about, I do believe he brought you here for your protection. Maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves unworthy of your trust."

"I've been told that before." Harry hissed. "I'm been told to trust people for my own good before and you know what happened? I'm the one who ends up fighting for my life, or getting tortured by people who are supposed to be my allies"

Teal’c decided he needed to make a show of trust on his part in an effort to get the boy to believe him. Kneeling down he extended his hand toward the dog and waited to see what it would do. The dog the boy had called Sirius, trotted over without hesitation and licked Teal’c’s hand. Then he leapt forward and gave the man a sloppy doggie kiss.

"If you will not trust my words, will you not trust your dog’s instincts?" Teal’c inquired.

Harry chewed on his bottom lip as he looked back and forth between the unnamed man and Sirius. "I don't like this," Harry said. "I don't like being at a disadvantage. Too many unknowns."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow at Harry's statement. "I do not know anyone who would be comfortable if they were in a situation similar to yours," Teal'c replied.

Harry snorted.

Sirius looked back and forth between Teal'c and Harry before grabbing the sleeve of Teal'c shirt and started to drag him to Harry.

"It appears that your dog wishes us to be friends," Teal'c said as he allowed the dog to drag him closer to the boy.

Harry scooted back a few inches. "One word, Sirius… Wormtail."

As Harry said that one word, Sirius released Teal'c shirt and dropped to his belly. Whining the whole way, Sirius crawled towards Harry his blue eyes seem to have grow wider as they begged for forgiveness.

When the dog was within reach Harry pulled it towards him, holding on tight. "I'm sorry, Sirius. I shouldn’t have said that but I don't know what to do. I don't know who to trust anymore; not after what the Dumbledore told me."

At the mention of Dumbledore's name Sirius began to growl; Harry pulled back in alarm. Seeing that had scared Harry, Sirius started to whine once again and gently licked Harry's face, asking for forgiveness.

Harry pulled Sirius towards him once again like a small child holding his stuffed animal when upset. Looking over at the man, Harry said, "What's your name?"

"I go by many names," Teal'c replied. "Many know me as Murray however you can call me Teal'c."

"Teal'c?" Harry said to which the man simply nodded his head.

"And what may I address you as?" Teal'c asked as if he knew the boy would probably not give him his real name.

"James," Harry said tentatively.

Teal'c nodded his head. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, James," he said. "However, I think it would be best if we returned to O'Neill's cabin at this time. Your ankle may need medical attention and it appears that O'Neill is missing."

Sirius sneezed once again and then let out a whine.

Teal'c and Harry both looked at Sirius questioningly.

"Your dog is very intelligent," Teal'c said as he studied the animal. "Do you think it's possible he could lead me to O'Neill?"

"Sirius, do you know where Jack is?" Harry asked.

Sirius lay down on the ground and covered his eyes with his paws.

Before either of them could figure Sirius’ strange actions out, three others stepped out of the trees.

"I see you found the kid," Ferretti commented.

Teal’c rose to his feet and said, "I found James and his dog Sirius."

"Hello James," Daniel knelt so he was on a level with the seated teenager. "We heard a little of your conversation with Teal’c and while I understand that you don’t trust us or Jack right now, I hope you will give us a chance to earn your trust, because we really don’t mean you any harm. My name is Daniel Jackson by the way. That’s Major Ferretti," he pointed out the other unknown man. "And," pointing to the blond woman, he said, "That is Captain Samantha Carter."

"Hello," Harry nodded cautiously to them.

"So the devil dog belongs to you huh, James?" Ferretti couldn’t resist commenting. The dog was bigger than he’d thought and might be the stuff of nightmares if someone were drunk enough.

"No, actually, Sirius belongs to my godfather, who’s an escaped mass murderer." Harry countered, glaring at Ferretti for his devil dog comment.

"And you are actually proud that your godfather is a mass murderer?" Daniel questioned certain the teenager was joking.

Harry shrugged. "Everyone needs a hobby."

Daniel stood there staring at the teenager still waiting for the punchline to the joke, and when it didn’t come he started to get a little worried.

"How many people is he supposed to have killed?" Ferretti asked also certain the kid was joking.

"Thirteen, unless you count my parents." Harry told them matter-of-factly. "He likes things that go bang. Me, I’ve only got two to my name, almost had three. Give me enough time and I will probably beat his record. At least that’s what people keep telling me."

Sirius whimpered and covered his eyes again. The last thing he wanted was for his teammates to think he was a crazed mass murderer. He was going to have a hard enough time trying to explain to them how he could turn into a dog. He’d forgotten he could do it, until he had set off in pursuit of Harry, and now he was stuck because he couldn’t remember how to transform back. The switch to his Grim form had been instinctive, but he had yet to regain the memories of how to get back to his human form.

"It would appear that Sirius knows where O’Neill is." Teal’c commented diverting their attention from the prospect that the boy was claiming to be a serial killer in training.

"He does?" the blond haired man looked pleased by that news from what Harry could tell.

Harry shrugged again. "I’m not sure. He whimpers every time Jack’s name is mentioned. He may know something, then again he may not."

Sirius gave a doggie sigh and nudged Harry slightly so that he rolled onto his side. Before Harry could recover, Sirius grabbed Harry’s wand with his teeth and pulled it out of the back pocket of his jeans.

Harry batted him on the nose making him drop it. "What are you thinking? You know the rules."

Sirius whimpered at the pain from the swat on the nose before nudging the wand with his nose.

"What rules are you talking about?" Carter demanded. "What is that stick? Does it have something to do with Jack’s disappearance?"

Harry glared at the dog. "Now you’ve done it. What am I supposed to do now?"

Sirius nudged the wand again.

Harry looked from the wand to the people around him gauging the distances and trying to figure out how many stunning curses he could get off.

Sirius growled as if reading his mind and shook his shaggy head.

"Then what?" Harry snapped.

Sirius nudged the wand again, while whining pitifully.

"I don't get it, Sirius," Harry said. "What do you want me to do?"

"Maybe he wants you to throw the stick," Lou commented as he watched the kid warily.

Harry just rolled his eyes in typically teenage fashion.

Sirius let out a frustrated snort before touching Harry's hand with his nose then touching his paw and then once again Harry's hand, finally he touched the wand.

Harry looked at the spot on his hand that Sirius had touched then at Sirius then back at his hand.

"You're stuck?" Harry asked cautiously.

Sirius immediately started barking and bouncing around happily.

"How in hell did you get stuck?" Harry asked in confusion as he watched the dog act like a hyperactive Chihuahua.

Harry's question had the same effect as a bucket of cold water. Sirius immediately sat down on his hindquarters; his tail tucked in between his legs and a forlorn expression on his face.

Harry simply shook his head at the sudden change in the dog's behavior before looking down at his wand and then at those gathered around them.

"I can't…"

The words had hardly left Harry's lip before Sirius was on his feet, his lips curled back as he snarled at the teen. The members of SGC reached for their weapons as the teen tried to back away from the snarling beast.

"I can't Sirius," Harry said in his defense. "It's against the rules."

The dog started to bark and growl at the boy almost as if he was chewing the boy out.

"Okay! Okay!" Harry shouted, holding his hands out. "I'll do it!"

Sirius immediately settled down and actually let out a snort of satisfaction.

Harry looked over at the four strangers, then down at the dog. Pointing the wand at the dog, Harry said, "If I get expelled for this you are in so much trouble! And I don't want to think what Moony is going to do to you. And don’t think I won't tell him! Restituo Ut Humanus."

"Restore to human?" Daniel automatically translated what the teenager had said. "Why would you say that to a dog?"

As the four adults watched, a beam of light shot from the stick, striking Sirius who hadn’t moved out of the way. The next thing the people from SGC saw was a sight that they would not quickly forget. The dog seemed to melt and grow at the same time. A few moments later the dog was gone and Colonel Jack O’Neill was standing before his team.

Daniel had fallen on his butt with a thump, while Carter simply stared at him saying, "That’s not possible."

"Of course it is Carter. It’s magic," O’Neill said with a smirk, enjoying the sight of Daniel rendered speechless.

 

~*~

 

Post Notes: Due to readers' demand, we have now included the Magic 8 Ball of Doom to our writing tools. So when we have to decide the fate of a character or if we should end the chapter at a nasty cliffie, we will turn to the Magic 8 Ball of Doom (unless the Magic 8 Ball of Doom can't decide and then we'll use the All Knowing Coin)

And yes people the Magic 8 Ball of Doom decided to leave you with this chapter's cliffie.

And I think both are gonna drive the Beta to distraction.. with their Magic Ball and Coin.