Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

by Lady FoxFire, Corwalch
[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:

The writing styles of Corwalch and Lady FoxFire don't mesh very well therefore we decided that one of us would write one chapter and the other would write the next chapter. So here's Lady Foxfire's chapter…

Jack steered the car down the down the long driveway to his cabin. "Welcome to my hide…" he said as the cabin came into view only to slam on the brakes suddenly. "What the hell!"

"I take it you don't normally decorate with police tape?" Harry commented as he eyed the police tape strung around the porch of the cabin.

"No," Jack replied a touch of steel in his voice as he put the car in reverse turned in his seat so he could see out the rear window.

Slamming his foot on the accelerator Jack steered the car down the wavy driveway until he got to a spot were he could turn the car around, putting the car in drive once again Jack, gravel kicking up as he sped out of there.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked as he held on to his seat.

"To find a phone. Someplace where there's lots of people," Jack commented. "I need to call a friend who normally watches the place for me. He'll be able to tell us if it's safe or not."

"And if it's not?" Harry asked as he clutched his wand.

Jack took his eyes off the road and glanced over at Harry. "You're not going back there. I swear."

Harry nodded his head, looking more like the scared boy he really was.

 

~*~

 

Ferretti lowered the binoculars from his eyes. "Damn it Jack! What the fuck are you mixed up in?" he asked himself.

Opening a snap on his vest Lou pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number. Pressing the phone against his ear, Ferretti waited for an answer. "Sir?" he said when the other end was picked up. "Colonel O'Neill was just here with another person."

"No, sir. The other person in the car appeared to be male however I'm not positive on that, sir," he replied to a question from the person on the other end.

"No sir," Ferretti replied to yet another unheard question. "I guess when Jack saw the police tape he figured the place wasn't safe and high tailed it out of here."

Lou nodded his head, agreeing with whatever the person on the other end of the phone was saying. "Well, sir, if I were to make a guess since he doesn't want SGC involved he'll try to contact Jamison."

Ferretti listened to whatever the other person was saying. "Yes, sir. Understood." He said before closing the cell phone and returning it to the pocket on his vest.

With a sigh he settled down in the spot where he could watch the cabin and the road that led up to it. "You better have a damn good explanation Jack."

 

~*~

 

"This place is big!" Harry commented with wide eyes as he looked around the Wal-Mart store.

"Yeap but evil," Jack commented as he dragged Harry deeper into the store.

"Evil?" Harry frowned. The place didn't look evil or feel evil.

Jack nodded his head. "They come in with promises of low prices, force the mom and pop stores out of business and then start to raise their prices. And if you don't like what they carry then you're S.O.L."

"S.O.L?" Harry asked, still frowning and little bit confused.

"Shit out of luck," Jack replied as he pulled Harry to the payphones located next to the restrooms and layaway department in the back of the store.

Fishing some coins out of his pockets, Jack was soon waiting for the other end of the phone to be picked up.

A faint "Jamison" so came out of the ear piece of the phone handset.

"Corey?" Jack replied.

"Jack? Hell Jack I've been trying to get a hold of you for the past couple of days," the voice at the other end of the phone replied.

"Yeah well something came up Corey," Jack replied.

"Well it better have been damn important for you to not tell me you're up here," Corey replied.

Jack glance over at Harry who was looking over some junk near the layaway department. "Yeah it was important," he replied. "So what happened at my place?"

"Well it turns out that the local kids…." Corey gave Jack the run down on what happened at his cabin and his Jeep and how the sheriff and SGC had been called in.

"They drank all of my beer?" Jack growled.

Corey's laughter rang out from the receiver. "Damn Jack I thought you would be more upset about them smashing up your Jeep than over your beer."

"It was a case of Heiniken," Jack whined. "Those brats wouldn't know how to appreciate a good beer if it sat up and kissed them."

Corey chucked. "Of course not Jack," he replied. "Of course when you were their age you knew how to appreciate a good beer."

"That I did, Corey. That I did," Jack replied, "but I could never appreciate a good Tequila."

"It's 'To Kill Ya', Jack, not to Tequila," Corey snarled. "And you promised never to mention that blasted drink again."

"Right you are Corey. Right you are," Jack replied smugly. "Look I'm going to be at the cabin for the next few days and I would appreciate it if you don't mention to anyone you heard from me."

Jack request was meet by silence before Corey finally asked. "You in trouble Jack?"

Jack once again glance over at Harry. "Only if they find us first. Talk to you later Corey. And thanks," Jack replied before hanging up the phone.

"Everything okay?" Harry asked as he put the item he was looking at back on the shelf.

"Yeah," Jack replied as he shoved his hands into his pants pocket. "Some teens busted into my place. That’s all."

Harry raised an eyebrow at Jack's comment, at how he dismissed it. "So?"

"So I was thinking since you need some more clothes and since we're here," Jack said, waving his hand in the general direction of surrounding store.

Harry sighed his shoulders slumping. "I hate shopping for clothes."

Jack threw an arm over Harry's shoulder and dragged him closer. "Every guy hates shopping for clothes. It's in our genes," Jack explained. "Now women. Some women love it and some would rather have a root canal done then go shopping for clothes."