Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

by Lady FoxFire, Corwalch
[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
The writing styles of Corwalch and Lady FoxFire don't mesh very well therefore we decided that one of us would write one chapter and the other would write the next chapter. So here's Corwalch's chapter…

 

"Daniel," Sam never took her eyes off Maybourne. "Would you call General Hammond and let him know who we found here."

"This is going to make his day." Daniel commented pulling out his cell phone.

A few moments later, Daniel said, "General Hammond we found someone or maybe I should say something at Jack’s cabin."

"Hey!" Maybourne took offense at being called a thing.

"Be silent." Teal’c growled into Maybourne’s ear.

"We found Maybourne poking around. He claims that his superiors sent him to talk Jack about the Ancient Repository." Daniel responded to an unheard question.

Daniel listened to the voice on the other end of the line for a few more minutes and repeated, "Yes sir." a few times. As he put his phone away, Daniel gave Maybourne an almost sympathetic look.

"Well?" Sam glanced briefly at Daniel before returning her attention to Maybourne.

"The General’s sending Ferretti out here by jet. He wants us to bring Maybourne back to the SGC for questioning once Ferretti gets here." Daniel told his teammates. "Ferretti is going to be to keeping an eye on the place and see who else shows up. Until Ferretti arrives, General Hammond wants us to finish going through the cabin to see if Jack might have left us a clue about what happened or where he’s been taken."

"Well we’re gonna need someway to keep him confined." Sam commented, her gun never wavering.

"The deputy’s cuffs?" Daniel suggested.

Sam shook her head. "He would ask too many questions about how Maybourne got here and why we aren’t taking him to jail. I’m fairly certain General Hammond is going to want to keep Maybourne’s presence here a secret."

"So how are we going to get him out past the Deputy?" Daniel wanted to know.

"The trunk of the car should be big enough to hold him, especially if we gag him." Sam commented.

"And render him unconscious," Teal’c added leaning menacingly over Maybourne, "so that he is unable to make any other kind of noise."

Maybourne paled and gulped realizing the Jaffa was serious about knocking him out.

"Daniel, can you see if the Colonel has any zip ties or something like them around here so we can try and keep Maybourne out of our hair?" Sam requested.

Daniel glanced at Sam and Teal’c then gave Maybourne a slightly pitying look before leaving the room.

Turning to face Maybourne, Sam asked, "Now are we going to do this the easy way or should I let Teal’c fulfill a few of the darker fantasies he has about you?"

"They involve you screaming in agony." Teal’c put in helpfully, a slight smile on his face. Those who knew the Jaffa well, upon seeing that expression, would’ve been the first to advise Maybourne to co-operate since the thought of torturing Maybourne appeared to make him happy.

Maybourne barely kept a whimper from escaping as he looked at the almost expressionless Jaffa and wished Jack O’Neill were here. At least he knew what that man was capable of.

"Captain," Maybourne said earnestly. "I really don’t have any more information I can give you. And that is the absolute truth. All I was told to do was come talk to O’Neill, find out how much he remembered from that alien database and if he remembered anything, to bring him in to talk to my bosses."

Seeing she still didn’t believe him, he hurried on. "When I got here this morning, I had to wait until the Sheriff left, then sneak past the Deputy and that wasn’t easy let me tell you, that young man takes his job very seriously. When I got inside this place was already a mess and there was no sign of O’Neill. Since I hadn’t seen any ambulances leave, and Jack wasn’t here, I figured he’d been called back to the SGC. While I hadn’t heard of anything that would require him to be recalled, I figured it must’ve been a serious emergency that made him bug out and leave this mess behind."

"Then what were you doing in here, if you thought he was gone?" Teal’c growled.

Maybourne flinched back from him. "I was checking to see if O’Neill might’ve written down what he remembered, so I’d have something to take back to my superiors, but you got here before I had a chance to do a thorough search."

Daniel walked in as he finished speaking and Maybourne clammed up unwilling to say any more and appear weak in front of a civilian. In his opinion Jackson had no business being at the SGC or at least no business going off-world. They were in a war and civilians only made war messier.

"All I could find were these?" Daniel held up a strip of plastic lawn and leaf garbage bag ties. "I figured we could join several of them together to fit around his wrists. They shouldn’t break easy."

Sam examined them for a minute and then pulled several off the strip. "These will work fine Daniel."

"Teal’c can you take care of securing Maybourne in the trunk of the car?" Sam requested after she’d secured Maybourne’s wrists behind him with the strung to together plastic ties. "While you do that Daniel and I will go through the papers here and see if we can get an idea of what happened to the Colonel."

"It will be my pleasure." Teal’c sounded menacing as he looked around for something to use as a gag and something to tie Maybourne’s feet together.

An electrical cord that had been ripped out of a lamp by whoever had messed up O’Neill’s cabin served very well to insure the felnick Maybourne’s immobility. And Teal’c used a t-shirt from O’Neill’s laundry basket to fashion a gag.

#######

By the time Ferretti arrived they had gone through all the papers in the house and most of them had nothing of interest. The only oddity had been a badly burned scrap of paper in the fireplace.

AB had me killed The word me had been scratched out and looked like it had been replaced with SB

… AB needs to control HP. AB might have HP killed. Dangerous to keep HP around once V gone.

AB need HP gone to claim money/fame for V’s death

SB fell through veil. Is it like SG?

SB=me???? How?????????

Is M real or am I crazy

Both Sam and Daniel recognized the writing as O’Neill’s but the several lines of text or code made no sense to either of them. Sam bagged it to take back to the SGC to see if someone there could figure out the code and what the initials meant

 

#######

Post Note:

Felnick - an insulting Jaffa word for something lower than a cockroach