Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

by Lady FoxFire, Corwalch
[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:

Title: You Can’t Keep An Old Dog Down

Author: Lady FoxFire & Corwalch

Pairing(s): None

Rating: PG-13/K+

Category(s): Crossover - Harry Potter/Stargate SG-1

Summary: Magic can make anything possible and when you mix in SG1 it's a guarantee that the impossible will happen.

Daniel had fallen on his butt with a thump, while Carter simply stared at him saying, "That’s not possible."

"Of course it is Carter. It’s magic," O’Neill said with a smirk, enjoying the sight of Daniel being rendered speechless.

"So you're a werewolf now?" Lou said as he watched Jack wearily.

Jack rolled his eyes. "No, but if you want, I can introduce you to Moony. Isn't that right kid," Jack said as he turned his attention to Harry who was staring up at him with wide eyes.

"Moony?"

"Yep," Jack replied with a fond smile. "One of my best friends from before."

"Before what, Jack?" Daniel asked as he climbed to him feet brushing leaves and dirt from his clothes.

"Before Jack," Jack told them as he knelt down so he was could look Harry in the eyes easier. "So do you believe me now?"

Harry stared at Jack for a moment. "Moony is so going to kill you."

"Wouldn't be the first time," Jack shrugged his shoulders before he checked out Harry's twisted ankle.

"O'Neill." Teal'c spoke up from where he was standing guard to make sure nothing snuck up on their group. "I am confused. Several people have told me about the legends of someone cursed to change from a human to a canine are just stories to scare people and yet you appear to be able to do so though you claim that you are not a werewolf. How is this possible?"

Harry spoke up before Jack had a chance to reply. "The stories are true, though werewolves only change under the light of the full moon and they don’t have any control over their actions. Besides Sirius… I mean Jack is more like a Grim than a werewolf. And since there is no full moon, we don’t have to worry about it."

"Grim?" Lou asked nervously as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other while trying to keep an eye on O’Neill and the surrounding woods at the same time. "For some reason that doesn't fill me with a warm and comfortable feeling."

"In European mythology, a Grim was said to be a large spectral hound. Sometimes reported to have large glowing eyes and sometimes not, but one thing all the legends agree on is that a Grim is somehow a guardian of the underworld. That distinction is probably linked to the legends of Anubis, who was said to be guardian of the Underworld and who is depicted in wall paintings in Egypt as a jackal or dog. To some the Grim was even considered to be a protector or a sign of good luck while others saw its appearance as a sign of a death… often a violent death." Daniel informed the group. "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is believed to have modeled the Hound of the Baskervilles on the legend of the Grim."

"So… Jack is a death hound," Lou reduced all that information down into simpler terms.

"Nope, I can just look like one, when I want to." Jack said as he cradled Harry in his arms and picked him up. Stumbling slightly because he’d overestimated Harry’s weight, Jack looked at his godson and commented, "Kiddo we really need to fatten you up."

"But how?" Sam sputtered. "It's physically impossible. The mass difference alone would make impossible."

"Fattening Harry up?" Jack looked at Carter in disbelief. "I’m sure a few good meals would be a start."

"No Sir. I mean yes Sir." Captain Carter stumbled over her words, realizing that she and the Colonel were thinking of two different things. "I was referring to the mass difference involved in changing from a human to a canine. You can’t just lose mass and suddenly gain it back, sir. It’s scientifically impossible to do."

"What can I say," Jack said with a shrug as he started to the cabin. "They did it in Transformers."

"That’s a cartoon show, Sir," Sam exclaimed in disgust. "You can hardly base real life on things you see in a child's cartoon."

"Just like the Star Trek transporter is similar to a ring device." Jack pointed out reasonably. "Or how about "The Mirror" and that show you like so much, what was the name of it…"

"I believe you mean Sliders, O’Neill." Teal’c supplied the name of the show as he walked behind the rest of SG-1 watching their six.

"But that's completely different, Sir," Carter countered. "I mean at least those shows are partially based on reality. They are based on credible science, not the imagination of some writers."

"What about Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein?" Daniel pointed out reasonably. "She introduced the idea of organ transplants long before they were made reality. And what about Jules Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea? He introduced the world to the electronic submarine and deep sea diving suit."

"Those things existed beforehand or were being theorized by the scientists of the day." Carter countered. "The writers only borrowed those ideas for their books."

"They’re worse than Ron and Hermione." Harry grumbled softly as he was carried along.

Jack simply nodded his head as he started to hum the Transformer theme song.

"DanielJackson," Teal'c said. "What is this TV show called Transformers?"

~*~

As Daniel held the cabin door open, Jack carried Harry inside and set him down on the old couch, in the main room of the cabin. Putting his hands in the small of his back, Jack straightened up with a groan. "You may be underweight but you're still heavy."

Crossing his arms over his chest, Harry glared up at Jack. "Well, you were the one who decided to carry me the whole way," he pointed out. "I could have walked back to the cabin."

Jack let out a snort before walking over to the kitchen cabinet where he kept his first aid kit. "And if Poppy or Janet heard that I let you walk on an injured ankle I would be a dead man."

"Who's Poppy?" Daniel asked, looking back and forth between Harry and Jack.

"An evil evil woman," Jack answered as he carried the first aid kit over to Harry.

Harry looked over at Daniel and the others. "My school’s nurse."

"Jack, you're scared of a school nurse," Lou said teasingly as he sat down slowly in the nearest chair, favoring his left side.

A shiver ran through both Harry and Jack. "Yes!" They said in unison.

"Try to imagine an older version of Janet, who just happens to have more disturbing ways of treating her patients than simple needles." Jack explained as he tossed Lou a bottle of Tylenol.

"Poppy even scares Snape and most of the school is convinced he's a day-walking vampire," Harry chimed in.

"Vampires are real?" Lou asked nervously as he tried to swallow the Tylenol dry.

"Why Lou, I didn't know you were superstitious," Jack said teasingly as he wrapped an ace bandage around Harry's ankle.

Major Ferretti rolled his eyes. "I'm not," he stated. "I just want to be prepared for the unknown, especially when you're involved. All the really weird shit happens to you."

"I haven't met a vampire yet but I know they exist," Harry chimed in. "So do werewolves, ghost, trolls…"

Carter snorted in disgust finally reaching the point where she could no longer remain silent. "Those are all misidentified creatures or peoples who are suffer from some unnamed disease or genetic condition."

Jack and Harry looked at each other, identical smiles on their faces. Anyone who had known Sirius Black and James Potter during their time at Hogwarts would have been very worried that they had just been pranked. Especially if they had seen those twin smiles.

"Moony?" Harry wondered, nodding towards the blonde Captain.

"Moony," Jack quickly agreed with his choice. "Possibly Hagrid."

Harry nodded in agreement then with an evil grin, he suggested "Could introduce her to Peeves?" Let’s see her try to rationalize a poltergeist.

Jack tapped his fingers against his chin, looking thoughtful. "Tempting. Very tempting, but I’m not sure Peeves would be the best choice. Though I would love to introduce Peeves to Kinsey."

"And who are these people, O'Neill," Teal'c said as he eyed O'Neill warily, no longer completely sure he could trust the man he once considered to be his friend, his shield brother.

Colonel O'Neill looked up at his old friend having caught the undertones of distrust in Teal'c voice and understanding the reasons behind them even if he did not like them. "They're people I know from before, back when I was Sirius," Jack explained. "They're people I would trust with Harry's life, even Charlie's, if he were still alive... Well maybe not Peeves."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow at O'Neill's words. "And why would you not trust Peeves?"

"Dumblejerk too much of a threat to Peeves for him to risk pissing the old man off," Jack replied. "And the fact that he's a practical joking poltergeist with a weirder sense of humor than me or rather Sirius doesn't help either."

"I didn't think anyone but the Bloody Baron could truly control Peeves," Harry commented. "At least that’s what I always heard around school."

Jack nodded his head. "Dumblejerk normally lets him get away with stuff but Peeves knows if he pushes it too far the old man can always exorcise him."

"Ghosts and poltergeist don't exist," Sam stated with conviction, not understanding why her commanding officer was continuing to play this stupid joke. "Besides we need to return to SGC immediately. General Hammond's orders. We were able to learn from Maybourne that the NID are veryinterested in talking to you, Sir."

"Maybourne? What does he have to do with this?" Jack demanded.

Daniel rubbed his nose for a moment before saying, "After the Sheriff reported your cabin was vandalized and your jeep was wrecked, Hammond sent us up here to check on you. We found Maybourne here, going through your stuff."

Jack's eyes narrowed. "And why was he looking for me?"

"His employers were curious to see how much you remembered…" Daniel glanced over at Harry, "from that trip you took last month."

Jack's eyes narrowed, his hands curled into fist at the thought of Maybourne or any member of NID going through his cabin. "I see," he said before starting to move around the cabin gathering up the few unpacked things and the shopping bags full of things he’d bought for Harry.

"Colonel," Carter chose her next words carefully. "There is also the matter of," Carter glanced over to where Harry sat on the couch, "of the young man?"

O'Neill looked at his friends immediately on the defensive. "What do you mean?"

"We can't take the kid to the base, Jack. You remember this little thing call security." Lou stated bluntly with a nod of his head toward Harry, who was watching them silently. "There's also the problem of you kidnapping him from the land of tea and crumpets, not to mention god awful tweed suits."

"I didn't kidnap him," Jack snapped.

"Yes you did!" Harry snapped. "You kidnapped me from the train. You shot me with something while I was in the loo!"

Jack walked over to a travel bag that was sitting next to the door. He quickly opened it and pulled some papers out. "I didn't kidnap you," he said smugly as he held the papers out to Harry.

Snatching the papers, Harry quickly began reading them. His eyes opened wider and wider as he realized what the papers meant. Once he reread the last sentence for the third time, Harry sat there in stunned silence before saying in a voice barely louder than a whisper. "You're my guardian… really?"

Jack nodded his head, a hopeful smile on his face. "But only if you want me kid. If you don't, I'm sure we can find someone who's willing to take you in. Someone who is not under Dumblejerk's thumb."

Stealing the papers from Harry, Lou gave them a quick once over. "Right, so you’re the kid’s legal guardian, but that doesn't change the fact that we can't take him to the base."

"I know," Jack growled as he ran his hand through his hair. "But I don't have anyplace safe to leave him. Right now if Dumblejerk finds Harry he'll hide him so I can't find him again or worse."

"I can take care of myself." Harry mumbled to himself, just like any rebellious teen.

"Why not take him to my house?" Lou offered, noting but ignoring Harry’s mumbling like he occasionally did with his own kids. If they wanted it heard they would say it again and louder. "He'll be safe there plus he would have Sara and the kids."

"I don’t think that would be a good idea unless you want them dead." Harry said softly.

Ferretti's hands curled into fists, his eyes changing from a kind prankster to that of a hardened killer. "And what do you mean by that?"

Jack sighed as he sat down next to Harry on the couch. "Exactly what he meant. There are a number of people after Harry. There’s Dumblejerk and his Order who just want to control him and turn him into some type of weapon. And then there the other group that just wants to kill him… in the slowest most painful way imaginable."

"And let’s not forget the Ministry who just wants me to disappear," Harry commented. "Permanently."

"Fuck kid! Don't you have anyone of your side?" Lou asked.

Jack raised his hand.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Plus a couple friends at school but they're more than likely to listen to Dumbledore first."

"Isn't that a bit of an exaggeration?" Carter asked, unable to wrap her mind around what the Colonel and Harry were saying.

"I wish it were," Jack sighed. "Ever since he defeated Moldyshorts when he was still a baby, his life has been controlled by either Dumblejerk or the Ministry. And then you have his life being threaten almost daily by Moldyshorts and his merry band of psychos."

"Moldyshorts?" Daniel‘s eyebrow shot up at the odd name. "What kind of name is that? Why would he or she attack Harry when he was a baby?"

"Look," Jack said as he rubbed his forehead as if to stave off a headache, "why doesn't someone call Hammond to see what he can do about providing a safe place for Harry. Once we're at the base, I'll explain everything."

"I'll do it." Lou got out of his chair with a hiss. Shooting Jack a look that promised revenge later, he headed for the door of Jack's cabin office.

The members of SG-1 looked at Harry and Jack with different levels of curiosity, but they restrained themselves since Jack had promised to explain everything later.

Sighing, Jack turned to Harry and asked. "So what happened after my death?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "Tried to use the Cruciatus Curse on Bella but it didn't work. Got possessed by Voldemort. Dumbledore finally decided to tell me the prophecy. Not much, just the usual crap fest."

Jack nodded his head, not really surprised by what Harry told him. He’d sort of expected it. He’d noticed some time ago that the Karma Fairies seemed to spend a lot of time crapping on his life and those of his friends and family Then he asked curious, "Has the Ministry at least gotten off its bloody fucking ass and declared me innocent yet?"

Harry shook his head no.

Jack sighed. "Good thing I went to Gringotts then."

"Why is that, Jack?" Daniel finally gave into his curiosity.

Jack shook his head. "I'll explain at SGC, Daniel."

"A bit like Hermione?" Harry whispered with a slight nod toward Daniel.

"More like Moony. Carter," Jack nodded toward the blond woman who even now was jotting down notes on a piece of paper, "is more like Hermione."

"Right. Scary but brilliant," Harry replied as he watched the Captain.

Teal'c raised an eyebrow at the young man's accurate description of Major Carter even though he had never met her before today.

As Jack and Harry spoke quietly to each other, Lou slipped back into the room. "The General didn't like it but he agreed to let Harry come to the base but he's going to be under guard the whole time."

Jack nodded his head, not really surprised by that condition. Harry was an unknown after all. He would’ve insisted on it himself, If someone else had tried to do the same thing. At least Harry wasn’t going to be too far away and that’s what counted. "Alright."

"The General also said that both of you are restricted to the visitor and medical levels," he announced. "You're security clearance has been rescinded until you're been cleared by the Doc."

Jack let out a wearily sigh. "Yeah, I kind of figured on that."

"I believe it would be best if we left as soon as possible," Teal'c suggested. "Those after O'Neill and HarryPotter would most likely use the hours of darkness to try to retrieve them."

"Can't disagree with you on that Teal'c," Jack said with a smile. "I guess it's time to load up campers."

~*~

"Colonel O'Neill, back so soon." Dr. Janet Fraiser did not look happy as the man walked into Fraiser's territory.

It was a well-known fact that Dr. Frasier hated working with minimal information. She was therefore understandably annoyed by General Hammond’s order to give Colonel O’Neill and the young man accompanying him the same level of physical that someone returning from off-world would receive. She couldn’t understand what kind of trouble O’Neill could have gotten into on Earth that would require a complete check-up to determine if he were now a threat to the people of the Earth.

"And what have you been up to that require you to be given a complete physical?" she demanded as she nodded her head towards one of the beds.

"You're right," a young voice came from behind the Colonel. "She is a younger version of Madam Pomfrey."

"But with needles," Jack added giving the doctor his most charming smile in hopes of avoiding said needles. "Big honking needles."

"And you must be Harry Potter," Fraiser said in a kinder softer tone as she looked the thin boy over with a professional eye.

"Yes ma'am," Harry said a slight blush on his check.

A quick smile flashed across Fraiser's face. "Up on the bed, young man."

Harry nodded his head before hobbling past her.

"What happened to your leg, Harry?" Janet said as she glared at the M.P. who had accompanied the Colonel and the boy for not aiding the young man.

"Just twisted my ankle, ma’am," Harry replied as he seem to curl up on himself. "It's nothing to be concerned about."

"I'll be the one to make that decision, Mr. Potter," Fraiser replied.

~*~

"Jack," There was a warning note in Hammond’s voice as he walked into the room. "You have a lot of explaining to do and it better be good."

Jack rocked back and forth on his feet. "Yes sir, I realize that."

Hammond nodded his head at Jack's comment. "Be seated," he orders as he sits down at the head of the table. "Now before you begin, Colonel, I think it might be best if Dr. Fraiser gives her report."

If Dr. Fraiser's eyes were weapons at this moment they would be set on kill instead of stun. "First, I would like to know if the Colonel knows where Harry's guardians are, sir?"

Hammond eyes widened slightly at the anger in the doctor's voice. "And why would you like to know that Doctor?"

"Because the boy shows all the classic signs of physical, emotional and mental abuse," the doctor growled. "And I intend to report those animals if no one else ever has."

"It has been reported before," Colonel O'Neill said softly, "but the reports were quietly covered up. Can't mold a weapon if it's happy and well centered."

Everyone in the room could hear Dr. Fraiser's teeth grind against each other. "And you had knowledge of this?" she said in a deadly calm voice.

"Yes and no," Colonel replied.

"I think you better explain right now, Colonel," General Hammond warned, feeling just as angry as the good doctor toward someone who would abuse a child, not to mention the animals that would allow it to be covered up.

"It's all pretty confusing Sir, so I think it might be best if I started at the very beginning," Jack said.

Hammond nodded his head. "That might be a good idea, son."

"It all began back on June 4, 1960 when Sirius Black was born…." Jack started his tale.

It was nearly an hour later when Colonel O'Neill was finishing his tale of Sirius Black. "… and he fell through the Veil of Death."

"While that is very interesting I don't see how that pertain to the matter at hand," Hammond commented.

"I'm getting there, Sir," Jack assured the General as he ran a hand through his short hair.

"O'Neill, at the cabin you mentioned that you trusted certain people when you were serious," Teal'c said. "Am I correct in assuming you mean when you were this Sirius Black?"

Jack smiled at the old joke as he nodded his head. "I think the Veil might be an Ancient device, sir," he said as he turned to Hammond. "I was reborn as Jonathan O'Neill and until I returned from the Asgaurd home planet I never had any memories of being Sirius Black."

Hammond sat back in his seat and stared at his 2nd in command. "And that is why you retrieved Mr. Potter from the United Kingdom."

"Yes sir. Along with securing my... I mean Sirius's vaults," O'Neill replied.

"And why was that important?" General Hammond demanded.

"Sirius was the head of the Black family and therefore had control of the family's money and valuables," Jack explained. "I didn't want my cousin getting control over the money and using it for the war. There was also the fact that one of my ancestors was very interested in Egyptian artifacts."

Like a puppy hearing the word play, Daniel perked up just at the words Egyptian artifacts. "Artifacts? Do you know from what period in Egyptian history? What about their conditions? Are they in an environmentally controlled area?"

Jack rolled his eyes. "They're fine, Daniel. I know for a fact that the Blacks pay extra to make sure nothing happens to any of the items in the vaults."

"When was the last time you checked on them?" Daniel ignored his reassurance, given that Jack’s idea of fine and his were miles apart. "It's always possible that one of the people taking care of them may not be doing it properly."

"The one thing I know for sure about the goblins, is they never screw things up when it comes to money," Jack commented. "If they said it would be safe then it will be. Besides some of the stuff is over 5000 years old, Daniel and I'm sure if it can survive in hot and dry Egypt then it can survive in dark and dank England."

Daniel let out a whimper of pain at the words dark and dank.

"Goblins? You mean like in Lord of the Rings goblins" Lou interrupted before Dr Jackson could start his rant over the care some people took with the world’s antiquities.

Jack shrugged his shoulders. "Besides being fierce but honorable warriors, they run the banks in the wizarding world. One thing every witch and wizard knows is that you can't cheat or fool a goblin and if you are stupid enough to try, you won’t live for very long afterwards."

"Are they Aliens?" Hammond asked with a thoughtful expression.

Jack stopped and thought for a moment. "I'm not sure, sir. Everything I remember points to them being from Earth but I guess it’s possible."

"O'Neill if you say it is not possible to fool these creature then how did you convince them that you are SiriusBlack reborn," Teal'c asked.

A shiver ran through Jack's body. "Pain. Lots of pain."

~*~

Whistling softly, Colonel Jack O'Neill jogged up the stone steps to Gringotts. Passing a guard at the door, Jack nodded his head happily to the goblin before getting in line.

After what seemed like eternity Jack finally found himself facing the goblin teller. "Hiya," Jack said cheerfully earning himself a goblin’s scowl. "I have some private business I need to conduct."

The goblin half heartily glared at Jack for a moment before raising his hand into the air and waved it around for a moment. Lowering his hand, the goblin asked with contempt, "What do you want, human?"

"I need to access my vaults," Jack said with a cocky grin.

The goblin sighed wearily, "Key," he asked as he held out his hand.

Jack rubbed the back of his head. "Well you see I don't have my key. And this isn't my original body."

"Do tell," the goblin replied dryly.

"Well you see I kind of died, I guess, and then I was reborn in this body," Jack replied.

"And how did you kind of die?" There was no emotion evident in the goblin’s voice.

"Umm," Jack shuffled in place under the goblin's stare, "well I was kind of fighting my cousin and I kindofgotknockedbackintotheVeil."

The goblin stared at Jack for a moment before sighing once again. "Follow me," he ordered, leaving his desk.

Jack trailed behind as the goblin lead him to a door on the fall wall. Knocking only once the goblin opened the door and stepped in, leaving it open for Jack to step through.

"What do you want?" an older goblin demanded, never looking up from the papers he was bent over.

"This wizard claims to have been reborn and he wants access to his previous vaults," the goblin explained.

The older looked up from the papers, his beady eyes targeting immediately onto Jack. "Really," he said in a drawn out tone. "We haven't had a case like that since that Ed Becera who claimed to be Lancelot du Lac reincarnated. Very interesting fellow for a human."

Jack shuffled in place as the older goblin continued to stare at him.

After what seems like forever the older goblin turned his attention back to his papers. "I'm assuming you wish to have you soul and magic tested."

"Umm… tested?" Jack asks nervously.

The goblin glanced up briefly. "You do want access to the vaults you are claiming to be yours, do you not?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I do," Jack licked his lips, "so how do we go about it?"

Much later, Jack sat in the only chair in the room, a heavy blanket wrapped around him as he shivered violently.

"Congratulation on surviving, Mr. O'Neill or do you prefer Mr. Black," the older goblin asked as he bared his teeth at Jack in a form that was meant to be a smile.

"O'Neill will do," Jack replied as he huddled under the blanket.

The goblin nodded his head, accepting Jack's decision. "We have some matters to discuss before you can visit the Black vaults."

"Matters? What matters?" Jack asked through his shivering blue lips. "And can I get something warm to drink? Please."

"Of course," the goblin replied before nodding to a very young goblin who quickly scuttled away. "Now there is the matter of your will or I should say that of Sirius Black's will."

"Yeah," Jack said as he accepted a cup of hot cider from the young goblin that appeared next to him, "I left almost everything to Harry and Moony. Moony helped me update it. He got it to you after all. But I take it that it hasn't been read yet?"

"Not yet. However Dumbledore has requested that the will would be read as soon as possible," the older goblin replied.

"Right," Jack said to himself, "so I have to rewrite my will… I can do that can't I? I mean rewrite my will and back date it?"

"For a fee, of course," the goblin replied with grin full of sharp pointed teeth.

"Right. Umm, I'm going to need a pen and paper," Jack commented. "And can we do anything to delay its being read?"

The goblin's grin grew larger.

~*~

"Colonel O'Neill," Hammond said in a carefully measured tone, "let me make sure I understand this. Not only do you claim to have the memories of Sirius Black, a man who was at least twenty years your junior but you also have custody of Harry Potter, Black's godson, the Black family vaults and all the items they contain. It also appears as if you have Black's powers since you are able to change into the form of a dog."

"And got stuck as a dog, too, sir," Ferretti put in with a smirk on his face. He knew he would be able to milk that little incident for months, if not years to come.

Jack shot Lou a look that promised revenge before turning his attention back to where it belonged. "Yes sir, however I don't know exactly how I did it. It seems more instinctive then a conscious decision. After Harry ran off, I knew I had to find him fast and I guess you could say Padfoot took over."

Hammond stare hardens. "And what's to stop Padfoot from taking over at other times?"

The Colonel looked the General straight in the eyes. "Training. I need to get my abilities, …my magic back under my control."

Hammond nodded his head. "And how to you propose to do that Colonel? After all you did mention that we are under unfriendly terms with the school that teaches it."

"Only in England, sir," Jack answered. "The American schools shouldn't be a problem. Beside I was thinking of training with Harry. Dumbledore made damn sure that the kid was undereducated so that he was easier to control. By working together, both of us should be up to at least 5th years, after that we might have to look for someone to train us."

"Witchcraft at Stargate Command," Lou mumbled under his breath. "Kinsey's going to have a fit if he hears about this."

Jack smirk at Lou's mumbled comment. "Yeah but now I can turn him into the jackass he is."

"Jack," Daniel chastised the Colonel, "don't insult the poor jackass. Kinsey is much lower than that."

General Hammond closed his eyes as he struggled to maintain his composure. Taking a deep breath he opened his eyes once again. "Major Ferretti has brought up an interesting point, Colonel. How to you propose to keep people like the Senator and this Dumbledore from finding out about you and Mr. Potter? Especially given that we seem to have a mole in our ranks at the moment."

O'Neill opened his mouth to replied. Closed it. Opened. Closed. "I'm still working on that sir."

"Could the goblins you had mentioned earlier be of any use, O’Neill?" Teal'c asked.

Jack nodded his head slowly. "Maybe. Maybe. I'll have to get with DOM and get everything cleared with them concerning Harry and me. And they can keep Kinsey in line. Maybe get some goblins wards put in place around the mountain, which isn't be a bad idea anyway."

"Dom?"

"Department of Magic. US version of the Ministry," Jack answered. "I can get them to declare Harry and me to be US citizens. That would keep the Ministry off of our backs. The wards would delay Dumbledore long enough to escape through the Stargate if Dumbledore tries to enter."

"Colonel, are you proposing to take a child who just happens to be a citizen of a foreign nation through the Stargate," Hammond asked.

"Sir, I honestly believe that once we explain the situation to the President he would agree to it," Jack replied with confidence. "In many ways, Harry is like the second coming of Christ at least to the magical community. If he was to die while in our hands it could be all out war."

Everyone was startled by the level of importance that the magical community had put on this young man's shoulders.

"I'll see what I can do," Hammond replied.

"Thank you, Sir," Jack replied.

"Colonel, there is one thing I would like to know," Dr Frasier said.

"And what would that be?"

"What do you plan to do about Harry's previous guardians?"

And almost evil smile appeared on Jack's face. "Oh, I have something planned. Something, I think you'll love."

That look alone always promised pain. Lots of pain.