Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Family Ties

by T L Kay
[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
it'll probably be awhile before i post more of this. i only had this chapter cause i wrote it a little while ago so i knew where i was going.

It was Thanksgiving at the O’Neill residence and everyone was invited. It was the first time anyone had been to Jack’s cabin since it became Jack and Sam’s cabin, and everyone was excited. Teal’c brought Bra’tac, who was taking a break from his training with his older brother. Daniel and Vala came with little Peyton, at an adorable 4 months old. Jacob was home from school for the holidays, General’s Landry and Hammond had flown in, and Mitchell was there with his girlfriend, Amy. It was all in all a lovely time.

Sam and Jack were perfect hosts, doting on their guests, as well as each other, and their son. To anyone who didn’t know them, it would have seemed that they’d been together always, instead of only a year.

They were all settling in to a scrumptious dinner when phones began to ring. Sam’s and General Landry’s seemed to go off simultaneously, with Mitchell’s and Daniel’s going off shortly after.

“It’s the SGC,” Sam said, getting to her phone first.

“I thought I told you not to contact me unless it was an emergency,” Landry was saying to the person on the other end, presumably Walter. “Are you sure?” he asked in a different tone. “All right, let him through, but hold him until we can get back there.”

He hung up and turned to Jack. “Sorry about this Jack, but it looks like we’re gonna have to head back to the mountain.” He stood up, indicating to the members of SG-1 that they should do the same. He stopped for a moment and looked back at Jack. “Actually Jack, you should probably come too.”

“Hank I’ve been retired for a year, and I’ve already been pulled in for one thing since then, do I really need to be pulled in for something else?”

“I think you’ll want to. That was Walter, they had an unauthorized gate activation and an IDC was sent through, but we don’t have any teams off world.”

“This can’t end well,” mumbled Jack.

“It was an old SG-1 IDC.”

“Why does this always seem to happen?” asked Cam, while Daniel looked up almost hopefully.

“So who was it?” asked Jack, waiting for the punchline.

Landry took a deep breath and looked around the table. “Jonas Quinn.”


“Jonas,” Sam mused for about the hundredth time on their flight back to Colorado. “We thought he was dead for sure when the Ori attacked their planet.”

“Jonas was always a resourceful little guy, I’m sure he managed to get out,” said Jack, reassuring her for about the hundredth time.

“Well obviously, if he’s sitting at the SGC. I wonder what he wants.”

“Maybe to say ‘Hi guys, I’m not dead, did you miss me?’”

“Jack.”

“What? It’s possible, I mean now that the Ori are defeated, maybe he just wants to chat.”

She just glared at him.

“Oh all right, have it your way,” he laughed, pulling her into a hug.

Back several rows Daniel sat in contemplative silence. He knew why he had gotten so excited at the news that it was an SG-1 IDC, but didn’t know why he had really expected it to be her. They hadn’t seen or heard anything from Kara in 4 months, and he was starting to suspect that something hadn’t gone right. He had suspected, after their last meeting, that she had been expelled from the higher plane for interfering, a trait that seemed to be hereditary.

“Daniel?” said a voice from next to him, jerking him out of his reverie. He turned to Vala with a smile. “You were thinking about her, weren’t you?”

Daniel nodded.

She smiled faintly. “Me too.”

Daniel reached over and took the infant out of her arms. “We’ll see her again, I know, but I can’t help getting my hopes up every time something like this happens.”

“It’s only natural.”

“I know,” he sighed. “But what if something’s wrong? What if she ended up somewhere like I did, all alone and without her memory?”

“But you weren’t alone. You chose the place you knew your friends would find you, I’m sure she did the same.”

“Then why haven’t we found her yet? My friends found me not long after I came back.”

Vala shrugged. “I don’t know Daniel, but I know you’ll find her.”

He reached out and took her hand in his. “We’ll find her.”