Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

T-Bone and Sugar

by Twobits
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
T-Bone and Sugar

Strays.

She was sick and she hurt all over, her head was throbbing worse than she had ever felt before. The one good thing about being where she was happened to be the nice warm body that she was snuggled up against. There was a constant rattling and bumping that she was having trouble figuring out what it was. As she was waking up more she tried to open her eyes one at a time. Even in the muted light of the box car they were riding in hurt and it was making her head throb that much more. She snuggled closer to the man that was lying next to her feeling secure and comfortable with him. When the man felt her moving around he turned toward her and pulled her closer wrapping his strong arms around her protectively. She buried her head in his chest and whet back to sleep for a while longer.

When he became aware of the world around him the first thing that he noticed was the warm body of a woman laying in his arms and snuggling close. His head hurt and he felt like someone had been beating him with a club all night long. He opened his eyes a crack to see the blond head of the woman as she snuggled close to him and it felt so good to be holding her. It wasn’t just any woman; he knew that she was very special to him. He knew that he would do anything to keep her safe as well as give her anything that she wanted as long as it made her happy. The odd thing about all this was that he didn’t know what her name was. He knew a lot of things about her but her name was right on the tip of his tongue and he couldn’t get the name out. He knew that she was smart, a genus in fact, and he knew what she liked and didn’t like but that was all. He knew that they needed to get up and find out what was going on so he bent down and gently kissed her on the forehead to wake her up. She protested and snuggled closer to get just a little more sleep. They still needed to get up though and he felt that whatever they were riding in was starting to slow down.

When she woke up again with the man kissing her on the forehead, she didn’t want to get up but he kept doing it and she finally decided that it was time to get up and face the world. She looked up to see him smiling at her then he hugged her closer for a moment before he let her go. She felt warm and safe with him and she smiled back at him which seemed to just melt the big hard man into a pile of goo.

They took note that they were riding in a box car which had the top hatch open but the side doors were shut and locked. They were lying on some sacks of grain which really made a nice bed for them. They both knew that they needed to get out of the box car and see where they were now. The opening was a bit of a stretch but that wasn’t a problem. He simply put his hands out so that she could stand in them and boosted her to the opening where she was able to climb out. When she was out he moved two of the sacks of grain over under the opening and used them to jump up to catch the rim and pull himself out of the hatch. She had watched him as he was moving the grain and he seemed to do it with ease as well as when he climbed out of the hatch. He was fit and strong for a man with graying hair. He was hansom with a few character marks like the scar that ran through his left eyebrow. They both had on jeans and a plain brown pullover shirt with black cowboy boots. She was thinking that this was not normal for them but the clothes felt comfortable and they fit. She took special notice of how nice the jeans fit his well muscled butt as he was climbing out of the hatch. He turned catching her checking him out and smiled at her letting her know that he didn’t mind. In fact she was sure that he was checking her out as she was climbing out of the box car too. She knew that this was normal behavior for both of them somehow. She also knew that they had been together for a long time but that was all she knew.

It looked like it was close to noon as the train was continuing to slow down. In the distance they could hear another train approaching from the other direction so this one was pulling over into a side section of the track to let the other train pass. They noticed that there was a small town a few miles away from the track so they got down on that side of the car and started walking.

It didn’t feel right to be just walking beside this man so she came up close to him and took his hand. He smiled and gently rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand. This also felt right, the odd thing was that she couldn’t remember what his name was, and in fact she couldn’t remember what her name was either. She knew that she knew this man very well. She knew all his likes and dislikes and she knew that he had a temper that could destroy entire buildings but he was also kind and gentle which was the way that he always treated her. She knew that he was someone very special in her life but she couldn’t remember what that life was. It didn’t really matter as long as they were together.

There wasn’t much to this town, a restrauant and a bar, there was a grocery store and a feed store, along with two or three streets of houses. They knew that this must be a farming community so there would be more people living away from town than in.

They walked up to the restaurant and went inside. The place was a mad house inside. It seemed that one man was trying to do all the work by himself. The man looked at them and told them to take a seat anyplace. For some reason the man and woman reached around and checked their pockets. They weren’t carrying anything on them. No I.D. no money, nothing.

The man knew that they didn’t have any money and they were not trying to pull one over on him. So he didn’t feel bad about what he was going to do.

“Let me guess, no money, right.”

The man was the one to speak up. “No Sir, we don’t have any money, but if you’ll feed her I’ll do anything you need.”

The man felt sorry for these two people and for him to offer to work to get her something to eat made him feel even better about this. “Look I need both of you so if you can eat on the run I’ll put both of you to work right now.”

“Sugar, if you would start working the tables and taking orders, I’ll take him in the kitchen with me.”

The man with the gray hair was smiling at her and spoke as he was leaving. “Yah Sugar, I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.”

The name on the restrauant was Joe’s so he asked the man if he was Joe. He just shook his head letting him know that he was correct. Joe had a habit of calling people nicknames so it never occurred to ask them what their real names were. When they got into the kitchen Joe was just finishing a steak for a customer and pulled it off the grill. “Now, does that look like a good T-bone steak to you or what?”

It looked like he had just slapped it on the grill with a little salt and pepper and nothing else. The man didn’t say anything which made Joe happy. “What, you think you can do better? I’ll go tell the customer that it’ll be a few minuets and you make another one, it needs to be medium well.”

Joe left the kitchen and he went to work getting things ready. Joe went over to the big man that was at the back table and told him that his new cook wanted to do something different with his steak and it would be a little longer. When the big man finished the meal and a large slice of pie he told Joe that his T-bone steak was the best he had ever had and the mashed potatoes were unbelievable. He asked him to have another one made just like it for tomorrow at noon and he would not be late for this meal. The big man said to tell the cook how good it was and gave him a tip for the cook as well as the cute little blond waitress that had done such a good job serving him.

Joe watched as Sugar went about doing her job and doing a really good job of it. She was polite and efficient; she was good about keeping all of their drinks filled. He noticed that she was getting much larger tips than Betty ever did. Joe was running the cash register. As the people were leaving they were telling him what a great job Sugar was doing and how the food was so much better this time. They were asking what he had done to make such a big difference. He just smiled and told them that the new cook had some new tricks.

They closed the restaurant at nine that evening. Joe went into the kitchen about twenty minuets before they closed the shop and before T-Bone had cleaned the grill. Joe asked him to fix a plate for everybody with whatever they wanted and he would have what they did. Joe wanted to find out why all of the customers were saying that the food was so much better today. They had all taken a hamburger break earlier that day when it had slowed down a bit but they were all hungry now. Joe asked what had made for Big Jim which was the man that he cooked the T-bone steak for when he first got there and he was told that he would make him some now. He put three nice Rib Eye steaks on the grill and coated them with something. Now that Joe had the time to see what he was doing he asked him what he and put on the steaks. T-Bone told him that it was some of the butter flavored oil that they use for the hamburger buns with some salt, pepper and garlic added in for flavor. Joe asked him if it was the butter and garlic flavor that was making everybody want more and he was told that it was part of the reason. He then explained that the oil also sealed in the juices of the meat without making the outside too crusty by searing it. By just adding the oil it made the meat tender as well as letting the flavor of the meat itself stay in instead of being cooked off. Joe also noticed that he had turned the heat of the grill down a little letting things cook a little slower. When he got to the mashed potatoes he didn’t use gravy on them. He had mixed in onions, garlic, salt, pepper, some milk, cheese and bacon bits. It was served with a dinner roll and some green beans that he had added something to. The meal was the best Joe had ever eaten. Sugar asked him if he wanted some pie to go with it and he was so full that he had to decline.

Joe asked them if they were going to be staying around the area for a while and they told him that they didn’t have plans so this was as good a place to stay as any other. Joe told them that his sister was moving to Scarlet in a couple of days and if they wanted to he would let them stay there. The trailer belonged to him anyway so it wasn’t a big deal and he was getting a couple of really good workers out of it. They were told that they could bed down in the storeroom for a while until the trailer was cleared out if that was alright with them.

Sugar and T-Bone decided that it would be better than sleeping on the ground outside. The days were hot but the nights were cool in North Carolina at this time of year from what the people were saying as they ate. Joe brought them back a couple of blankets, some pillows and two cots. Sugar and T-Bone put the mattress from the cots on the floor to make their bed there for the night.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

When Joe came in the next morning he was expecting to have to wake the others up to start the day. Instead he found that they had most of the preparation work done already. The desert cabinet was full now where as yesterday there were only a few pieces of pie left. He saw that they had cooked a couple of cakes and pies along with a blackberry cobbler. He could smell cinnamon rolls cooking and everything was clean except T-Bone who had flower smeared across his face and hair. The only thing that kept him from being too messy was that he had on an apron which caught most of the mess. T-Bone was cooking the cinnamon rolls six at a time when the customers started coming in. That way he always had the smell of hot cinnamon rolls which couldn’t be avoided and they were selling like crazy to go with the breakfast that were being served. T-Bone had already cooked the bacon, sausage, sausage links and ham that would be used for breakfast, which was being kept in a warmer beside the grill. They sat Joe down and served him breakfast along with two of the hot buttered cinnamon rolls as they were opening the door for the customers. This served two functions one it got Joe fed and happy while the other function was to let the customers see the food that was being prepared and the cinnamon rolls.

The word had gotten out about the new people Joe had working for him and business was steady all day long. Joe gave them a break in the afternoon and gave them the key to his house so they could shower and cleanup. They stopped off at the local feed store that also had clothing for sale to pickup the things that they needed. Sugar had made a lot of money in tips in the last day and a half so money wasn’t a problem. While she was looking at the clothing she found a pair of shorts and a top that would work great for what she was doing. T-Bone had to admit that she really did look good in them and they both knew that a good pair of legs, if not carried to the extreme to become vulgar, could make a lot of difference in her tips. It also had the advantage that it would be a lot cooler to work in. They got tooth brushes and shaving equipment at the same time. The grocery store had some nice aftershave and perfume along with the other toiletries they needed. Once they were cleaned up and feeling refreshed from the break it was time to go back to work.

A couple of days later he had told them that the trailer was almost ready and they could move in on Monday. It was Friday now so it gave them something to look forward to. Joe noticed that T-Bone was looking out the window when he was talking to them and he was watching something very carefully. He suddenly dropped the towel that he had been using and ran out the front door. He came back in a few moments later carrying a very small red Dachshund (German for Badger Dog). He had seen a car pull into the parking lot and open the door to drop the dog then leave in a hurry. The puppy couldn’t be more than six weeks old. It was all licks and wags as he handed the puppy to Sugar. The dog cuddled up to her and wrapped around her neck which they could tell was her way of hugging a human. T-Bone told her that the puppy was limping a little when he picked it up. He didn’t want it to get out onto the highway where it would be run over and that was why he had run out the door. She took the dog outside and put her on the ground to see how badly she was hurt. The dog limped a little on her front right leg but it looked like she was just hurt a little when she had been thrown from the car. She was jumping up and begging to be picked up again and Sugar couldn’t help but comply. Joe told her that he had a large box that she could put the dog in for the mean time. They put a bowl of water and some food in the box that was in a covered area right outside the back door. Sugar and T-Bone washed their hands and went back to work. When Sugar had some spare time she asked T-Bone if he had though of a name for the puppy.

“Yah, I was thinking that she was the color of cinnamon and I already have some Sugar so she should be named Spice. What do you think of the name; after all she is your dog now. I saw the way she hugged up to you.”

“It’s a great name and thank you.” Sugar was blushing now with the soft talk and how he was talking about them being his Sugar and Spice. She really liked that.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Three weeks ago.

Daniel had been trying to call Jack and Sam for a couple hours now. They were both late coming into the base and this was very unusual for either one of them. He called the General and a security team was sent to make sure nothing was wrong. Daniel and Teal’c were at Sam’s house before the Security team. They found the door had been kicked in and there had been a struggle. Sam wasn’t in the house though, although they did find some blood on the carpet. The Security team took over bringing in investigators. Daniel and Teal’c hadn’t touched anything while they were looking for Sam in case she was hurt. When the Security team got there they were off in a flash to Jack’s house. They found the same thing there. The door had been kicked open but this time they found two bodies. Daniel used his cell phone to call the General letting him know that something bad had happened. One of the dead men in Jack’s house had a Taser that was for animal control. They were much more powerful than a normal Taser and each man had a hypodermic which they would need to analyze but they all knew that it would be a strong sedative.

It would appear that they had wanted to take them alive but Jack and Sam didn’t have the same restriction leading to the two dead people and the blood in Sam’s house. All the same they had two people missing now and no idea where to start looking.

The two people that were in Jack’s house were Asian and Daniel was thinking that they were probably Korean. It was only speculation now but if the North Koreans wanted to get information about the Stargate Program that they couldn’t get through normal channels. What better way than to get two of the top people of the program in order to get that information. It wouldn’t be difficult to figure out that a high ranking Astrophysicist that was stationed at the facility would be a good target. The facility was supposed to be doing deep space radar telemetry but most anybody could see through that cover. Then there was a Colonel that was working at the facility who had no scientific background that they could find and his file was so blacked out that there was nearly nothing for them to find. That meant he was doing operations that were outside of the normal military regimen and he was the second in command of the base.

Over the years it would have been impossible to keep the information or at least some of it out of areas that it didn’t need to be. People were bought or information was extracted from those that couldn’t be bought giving some of the data about the Stargate program to enemy hands. Now it was going to be a race to see if they could get Jack and Sam back before any permanent damage was done to them.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

In the last two weeks Joe had noticed that his regular customers were coming in a lot more often than they did before and they were all bringing their friends with them. T-Bone had a habit of playing with the children that came in by having Sugar take them a small bowl of ice cream or a cookie and she would tell them that they had won a prize for being the best behaved or the prettiest young lady of the day. They were doing it to nearly all the young children and it soon got to be a steady stream of kids that wanted to give T-Bone a hug and to say thank you to him. Joe also had an increase of people asking for reservations and he was running out of tables. He got some lumber at the request of T-Bone and they spent one Sunday afternoon building picnic tables for the front of the building. Betty had come back to work now and she was given the new area.

Sam didn’t like Betty very much. Betty was a rather top heavy woman and she was making moves on T-Bone when she thought that Sugar was to busy to notice. That was stopped when one of the customers that wasn’t a regular and he was drunk when he had made a pass at Sugar. She told him no but as she was trying to leave he grabbed her spinning her around and got into her face. Joe was about to go over and throw the man out but he was stopped by T-Bone. He was told to let her handle it on her own and that she didn’t like it when someone interfered with a situation that she thought she could handle. She told him several times to let her go and to sit down and finish his meal. The man was getting rougher and had his hands all over her. T-Bone was just about to step in when she had reached the end of her patents. She palmed the man in the center if his chest so fast that Joe nearly missed it. She didn’t use too much force and all it did really was knock the breath out of him but it hurt like hell. Joe went over and told the man to leave and not come back. Sugar was blushing because the entire restaurant was applauding her actions. When Betty saw her put the big man down on the floor she decided that she should leave T-Bone alone or she might be the next one to hit the ground.

Betty was very jealous of Sugar. She had the choice tables to work now and she was making a lot more in tips. She was pretty and it seemed that she could charm her way into just about anybodies heart that she wanted to. All of the customers loved her but she only had one man that she was interested in and that was T-Bone. As much as she had tried to take the man away from Sugar it would seem that he was just as taken by her as she was by him.

Joe had told them that he had been having trouble with some kids breaking into the restaurant over the last couple of months and he was thinking that they would be trying again soon if they followed their normal pattern. After they closed the restrauant down that evening they went to the trailer and got Spice. Since Joe was thinking that the kids would be around soon they were going to be staying in the storeroom for a couple of nights. On the second night there they woke to Spice growling at something. They got up and put Spice in a crate that they had brought in for her and went in to see what was going on. Two boys about sixteen years old had jimmied the front door open and were starting to break the salt and pepper shakers on the floor. Sam had spent a lot of time cleaning the area before the restaurant was closed and they were vandalizing the place.

Jimmy and Chris would swear from then on that the man and woman appeared out of thin air. Jimmy watched as the man gave a series of hand signals before both of them were looking deep into the eyes of their attackers. Jimmy was looking at Chris when the woman caught him by the throat. He could tell that the only reason that Chris was breathing was because the woman was allowing him to do so. Jimmy had his own problems at the moment though. The man had him and he was now looking into the dark depths of the man’s soul. What he saw there was something that he never wanted to see again for as long as he lived. He saw Death incarnate in this man, he was a reaper of souls. The woman was the other half if his being. Neither one of them wanted to die, they were just out to have a little fun but they knew that what they were doing was wrong. It still shouldn’t have cost them their lives. Jimmy couldn’t look away from the man’s eyes. Later he found out that Chris was also unable to take his eyes off of the woman’s eyes as she held his soul captive. It took them a moment to understand that the man was talking to them.

“The two of you have done a lot of damage here in the past. That will end now. You have been here three times in the past doing this sort of thing. You owe Joe a lot, are you willing to repay him for the damages you’ve done?”

They were both able to nod their head that they were willing to do anything that was asked of them. “I want an answer, are you willing to repay Joe for the damages that you have done.”

Jimmy and Chris both were able to squeak out a “Yes Sir.”

T-Bone and Sugar let the two young men go. “You will spend the next week in this restaurant cleaning. You will start with the dinning room first. You will wash, rinse and sanitize everything starting at the ceiling and working your way down the walls and to the floor. Nothing will have a speck of dirt on it when I check in the morning or you will be doing the whole room over again. Do you understand me?”

Both of the boys nodded again. “I do not want to hear the bones of your head rattling again. If I ask you a question that requires an answer you will respond with your voice from now on.”

Both of the boys gave a clear “Yes sir.”

You are to clean everything in this room to one hundred percent. There will not be a wad of gum or anything else left under a chair a table or anything else that a person can do such things to. If you need to turn the tables over you will lay folded towels on the floor so that you do not scratch the floor or the table. Is that Clear Gentlemen?”

“Yes Sir.”

Joe had seen the lights come on in the restaurant and he had come over to see what was going on. He was able to see what was being done to the boys and he couldn’t think of a better thing that could have happened to them. T-Bone and Sugar had scared the crap out of these boys and he knew that they would never do anything like this again. He was also teaching them a very valuable life lesson by making them repay for something that they had done wrong. It would have been easy to send them to prison for breaking and entering as well as the vandalism but that was not the answer in this case. Prison would have just turned them hard and they would have come out more disturbed than when they went in.

T-Bone looked at Joe asking if this was going to be alright with him and he answered with a nod of his head although he had just seen T-Bone rip into the two boys for doing that same thing. T-Bone and Sugar got Spice and left the boys working. They had already gotten the things that would need to do the cleaning and were working hard to get things done for the inspection that would be coming in about five hours.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Six weeks later Joe had gone into the city to talk to the banker who was a regular at the restaurant now and asked for a loan to expand the building. He needed more seating room for all the new customers. It would seem that the word had spread to the city about the little restaurant that was so good. It wasn’t fancy it was just good food served by people that cared. There was no better selling point than good food and good service to win over the crowds. Joe had the loan before he left the building. Jimmy and Chris had asked Joe for jobs and he had hired them as busboys and assistant cooks. They took turns working the different areas. One would bus the tables and do the dishes while the other one would work with T-Bone learning to cook. Sugar did a lot of the baking in the mornings but T-Bone always did the cakes saying that he liked to do the icing which brought a smile to Sugars face every time he said that. Joe knew what was going on and made a mental note to order extra icing, they seemed to be going through a lot of it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jerry Morrison thought of himself as a big man in the world. He had all the cool chains on his leathers and a big Harley. He didn’t have any colors because none of the motorcycle gangs wanted him so he thought of himself as a rogue. He was a lone wolf out on the hunt. He had something to prove to the world but it was really for his own need to feel like a big man. He wasn’t really very big at all. He was rather small for a man in muscle mass anyway and normal height. He had grown his hair and beard out and braided it to look tougher. He saw the restaurant that had a large crowd and knew that this was going to be his big haul. He pulled up and got off the big bike then took out the sawed off shotgun from his saddlebags.

Chris and Jimmy were working the tables clearing them so that the next group of people could have a place to set when a dirty looking man came in the front door and screamed for everybody to get down on the floor. They watched as he slapped Joe and told him to fill the bag he was carrying with everything in the cash register. There was a family that was just inside of the door that had not been seated yet. He told the woman to take another bag to gather all the purses and wallets; he also wanted all the jewelry and watches. He slapped the woman to make her hurry up. Chris and Jimmy thought that they were going to die again. Joe was putting the money in the bag when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. T-Bone seemed to be gliding across the floor toward the man with the gun. Chris and Jimmy saw that he had put his left hand on the cocked hammers of the sawed off holding them in place. He pulled the weapon up so that if it did go off it would not be pointed at anybody in the building. T-Bone then turned the man by putting his right hand around him and over the top of his head. He pulled the head of the robber back and down forcing the man to fall back on the ground. T-Bone put his knee on the man’s temple causing him to scream out as he took the weapon out of his hand. T-Bone punched the man hard in the chest then searched him for more weapons. He was carrying a large arsenal which all ended up on the floor. Once that was finished he pulled the man up by his beard.

“You have done a bad thing Mister.” The voice was low and carried a lot of weight.

“What are you willing to do to get out of this situation?”

The robber looked at him with a questioning look.

“The wife likes your bike, can she have it?”

The robber pulled out his keys and handed them to T-Bone.

“She also likes your leathers, if you give them to me then I will let you walk out of hear if you promises not to come back again.”

Jerry knew that if he went to prison again it would be a third time felon and he would never be coming back out. Prison was a really bad time for him anyway, all the other men were so much bigger then he was that he didn’t have a chance.

“Deal!”

They went outside for a while then they saw that the robber was walking down the road in a sheet with nothing but his boots on.

Sugar had gathered the weapons up and put them away in the back closet that could be locked. T-Bone came back in and announced that the show was over and the man that had come in had volunteered to buy supper for everybody in the building tonight. He handed Joe a wad of bills and tossed the keys to the Harley to Sugar so she could move it to the back of the restaurant. Joe was looking at him wide eyed. It was one thing to let the boys go when they would benefit strongly from the lesson but he had just let an armed robber go because he had let him have his bike and leathers along with a large amount of cash. It took time before he was able to talk to him with all of the orders they were putting out from the robber buying everybody’s dinner.

When it was all over he was with Jimmy, Chris and Sugar when he asked him why he had let an armed robber go like that. Sugar was the one to answer him though.

“Did you see him hit the man in the chest?” Joe nodded letting her know that he had.

“When he did that he started a blood clot forming, he will have a red spot on his chest for a couple of days them it will go away. Once the blood clot is big enough it will break free and travel to his heart. He will die fast and almost painlessly in about a week. It’s called Dim Mak or death touch and T-Bone is a master of using it.”

Joe was a little confused now. “You can remember things like that but you can’t remember your names?”

She just shrugged her shoulders letting him know that she wasn’t able to explain it to him. Jimmy and Chris were in full hero worship now seeing T-Bone take down a man with a sawed off shotgun like it was nothing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Back into the wilderness.


General Hammond wasn’t able to put out an all points bulletin for his missing people but what he did was nearly as good. He asked the federal agencies to keep an eye out for them. He did make sure to let them know not to use a weapon to try and being these people in. It was highly emphasized that if they were found in a hospital or in a cell someplace that they could be very dangerous if not handled properly but they were not to be harmed.

When this was sent to the FBI they passed it down to someone that passed it down to someone else. These were not wanted criminals and that was what they were interested in finding. They were not a lost and found but they went ahead and processed the information.

It had been six months since Jack and Sam were taken and Daniel was loosing hope that they would be found. Teal’c was reassigned to another team where he was the team leader. Daniel was doing full time Archeology work now spending weeks and months out on digs off world. He would make a point to check in at least once a week to see if there were any new development on the hunt for their missing friends.


When FBI agent Daniel Roberts heard about the restaurant that was in the small town that was only a few miles away he decided to try it out. He had driven through the town for years and he had never noticed the restaurant before. It was a rather nice building and he could tell that it had been expanded recently to accommodate the larger amount of people that were now coming in. He knew that if you wanted good food it was best to go where the crowds were. He was seated after a short wait by a woman with curly red hair and a big chest that smiled a lot at him. She was a rather attractive woman and he started to relax and enjoy the service. He was served a meal that he couldn’t believe was so good. He ordered the cake for desert when his drink was running low. Betty was busy with another table and asked Sugar if she would fill his drink. She went over to the table and smiled at the man as she set the drink down. He got a surprised look on his face and stood. This was a sign of trouble and her internal alarms were going off like crazy. The man was reaching for a weapon when she tore into him. T-Bone came out of the kitchen when he felt something was going on from the high tension level in the dinning room. He was watching as the man stood and reached for his weapon. Sugar was fast at taking him down and removing the weapon from his hand.

Daniel recognized the woman from the wanted posters that he looked at daily but he couldn’t remember what she was wanted for. It was a simple thing to fix though he would just arrest her and take her in so that he could find out what she was wanted for. Before he could clear the weapon from the holster he was on the ground with his own weapon held to his head. That was when the cook came out to take control of the situation. Agent Roberts also recognized the cook as being on the wanted poster. This was a problem for the two people that had him at gunpoint now when he told them that he was an agent of the FBI and they were under arrest. The man took his wallet and checked it out verifying that he was with the Federal Bureau of Investigation just like he had said that he was. T-Bone and Sugar felt that this was someone that they should not trust for some reason and decided that it was time to leave. Agent Roberts was taken to the back room and handcuffed to a pipe and the keys were taken as the two people he was trying to arrest got a small red dog out of a crate and left the building. Sugar went over to Joe and the boys giving them a kiss before they left.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It took the other agents a couple of hours to get to where agent Roberts was at in order to get him released from his own handcuffs. He had a supervisor there at that time and reported that he had come across two of the people on the wanted posters which the supervisors brought out. When he was able to point them out it was very clearly marked that they were not to be arrested and under no circumstances were weapons to be drawn. There was a phone number that was to be called if they had any information about the couple. General Hammond got the call telling him that his people had been located but they had made a mistake and they were on the run again now. General Hammond called the base having Daniel Jackson and Teal’c recalled to base immediately.

When Daniel received the call telling him that Jack and Sam had been found he left the dig so fast that he didn’t even take his things with him. He ran strait to the Stargate and dialed Earth. He was jumping up and down waiting for the iris code to go through letting him know that it was safe to go through to the planet. When he got through he ran strait to the General’s office to find out what had happened. He was given all the information about what had happened in the restaurant with the agent and the agents were told to stand down until they could get there to do the questioning. A jet was waiting for them at the Air Force base that would take them to the town as soon as Teal’c was able to get back. Daniel was told to go cleanup in the mean time, he had been working out in the desert heat for about ten hours before he ran back to the Stargate to get home.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Joe was told that the people that they were looking for were not in trouble with the law and that they would try to tell him what was going on as soon as possible. In the meantime Jimmy and Chris were working the kitchen and Betty was doing all the work in the dinning room. Joe was going to need to hire at least three people to take the place of Sugar and T-Bone. It was the next morning when Joe looked up and saw the biggest man he had ever seen standing right in front of him with a smaller man beside him that had blue eyes and shaggy dark blond hair. The big man had a stocking hat on his head and he was looking down at Joe like he was about to rip his arms off if he didn’t get the answers that he wanted. The smaller man spoke up which startled Joe as he was staring into the eyes of the large black man.

“Excuse me, but are you Joseph Willman the owner of this restaurant?”

Joe was still staring into the eyes of the big man when he shook his head letting them know that he was.

“I need to get some information about the people that were here the other day working in your restaurant.”

That got his attention and he looked the smaller man in the eyes now. “I don’t know what they did before they got here but T-Bone and Sugar are two of the best people that I have ever had the opportunity to meet.”

Daniel smiled at the man which caused Joe to relax some. “I know, I’m part of Their team. I need all the information that I can get from you so that I can find them and get them home. They have been missing for over six months now. They are family to us and we are not looking for them to arrest them or punish them in any way.”

Teal’c was watching everything that was going on and he saw that there were two young boys watching from the kitchen. He turned to look directly at them but they didn’t shy back. Chris and Jimmy had looked death in the eye now and this man was scary and he looked very dangerous but what could he do that T-Bone hadn’t already done to them. They came out of the kitchen to see what was going on and if these people could tell them anything about what was happening to their friends.

Teal’c noticed that the boys although young were not frightened by him, which was different and he was curious as to what had made them so brave. While Daniel was talking to Joe he walked over to the boys. He bowed to the boys and looked them in the eye. “Excuse me but can you tell me anything about Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter?”

“Which one was Colonel O’Neill?”

“That would be the man.”

“Wow, T-Bone was a Colonel. What was he a Marine?”

“No, he is a Colonel in the United States Air Force.”

“Is that were he learned to do Dim Mak, you know that Death Touch thing.”

“I think he learned that while in the Special Forces training.”

The boys were getting more excited now. “Then I guess that Major Carter is Sugar.”

“Do you have any idea where they might have gone to?”

“No Sir, they never left town but one time and they were back in a couple of hours so they didn’t go far.”

“When they left town that time how did they leave.”

“They took the Harley.”

“Do you know what the license plate was for this motorcycle?”

“Yah I saw it a couple of times and I remember what it was.”

“If you would, please write that license plate number down for us.”

“Do you have any idea why they can’t remember who they are?”

No, but we have some friends that will be able to help once we find them.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Joe took both of the men over to the trailer and opened it for them. Daniel and Teal’c were looking for any information that could help them find Jack and Sam. They ran across some things that were very interesting while searching. One thing was a calendar that had a date marked that was in five months marked due date. This confused Daniel for a while until he went into the kitchen and found all the prenatal vitamins and a couple of baby books on the coffee table. Then they found a picture frame that was mounted on the wall that held a marriage license with the name T-Bone Johnson and Sugar Jones that was five months old. Joe explained that he knew the justice of the peace and he had married them even without proper identification because he knew them. He was a regular in the restaurant.

Daniel sat down on the couch and started laughing. Teal’c was watching him and when he was able to get his laughter under control he pointed to Sugar’s name. Teal’c still didn’t understand.

“A Jones is an unbreakable habit like a drug, a sugar Jones means that a person can’t get enough sugar to satisfy the craving. Jack had to think that name up. I’ll let him explain the Johnson part to you if we’re able to find them again. At least we know that they are on their own and safe for a while as long as no more FBI agents start drawing weapons on them again.”

Daniel called in the report and gave the license plate number on the motorcycle to the General. They were asked to come back over to the diner to have some breakfast so they could tell them more about who Sugar and T-Bone really were.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

T-Bone and Sugar had no idea what was going on. They just knew that they were being chased by some people that were trying to get information out of them that they could not give. They both knew that the things that they had buried in their heads could not get out to the public or the men that were chasing them. It seemed like a different life with the bits and pieces that were coming back to them now and then. They both had been having nightmares about people breaking into their houses and shooting them with Tasers. T-Bone was dreaming about what he had done to the attackers before they subdued him and put him in the back of a van. He remembers that it seemed like a dream but that was when he saw her. He knew that he had to get away but they had injected both of them with something else and he was not able to get up after that. The only thing that he could remember was waking up with Sugar in his arms in that railroad car. That was when both of their lives began as far as they were concerned. Some of their past would come to the surface now and then like when sugar was helping the boys with their calculus homework. She was telling them that everything that you do in mathematics if is just multiplication, division, addition and subtraction. Once you learn the formula to solve a problem the numbers are interchangeable to fit any problem that the formula fits. T-Bone helped with their English and History but neither one of them knew how they knew what they did.

They had made enough money to get a computer and T-Bone was doing some writing. He was writing science fiction stories that were so real that when someone was reading them it was like they were actually looking across the landscape of an alien world and seeing the strange animals. The aliens that were attacking them seemed to be so real and the danger was mesmerizing to everybody that read them.

Joe had asked them to print out several copies for him after he has asked T-Bone to explain what an Asgard and a Goa’uld was. The parts about the Tok’ra being a good Goa’uld was a little confusing because T-Bone only liked a few of them in his stories.

Now they were out on their own again. They stopped off at a diner in Chicago to warm up and get something to eat. The meat was dry and tasteless and the fries tasted of burnt cooking oil. Sugar’s morning sickness was coming on strong now and the smell of the scorched shortening was too much for her. She ran off to the bathroom to empty her stomach which was pretty empty. T-Bone knew what she could eat that wouldn’t upset her stomach. He asked the cook if he would let him come back to the back and make something for her. The cook took offense at the suggestion that his cooking wasn’t good enough until T-Bone explained that she was pregnant and it didn’t take much for her to get sick on. The man was showing plenty of attitude but he let T-Bone back into the kitchen to fix something for his wife. He was watching everything that T-Bone was doing and asking questions about why he was doing this and that. It was cold outside and Sugar was setting under the heater vent in the restaurant. She had pushed the fries away from her as far away as she could. She did keep the meat on a plate where she was cutting it into very small bits. Spice was popping her little head out of her jacket now then to get a bite of the meat.

While T-Bone was cooking something for all of them including the cook three large black men walked into the restaurant and sat down at the table where Sugar was sitting.
Steve was a small skinny black man himself and when the others came in he was telling T-Bone that they had trouble. Spice was growling which was making the men laugh. The one that was sitting on the same side as Sugar started to scoot closer when he looked down and saw the sawed off shotgun that he had scooted into. He also felt the 9mm pistol which Sugar had taken from the FBI agent which T-Bone was holding to the back of his head at the same time. Steve had told T-Bone in the kitchen that these guy’s were bad news all the way around and they had been causing problems for years.

“Good evening gentlemen, I see that you are getting to know my wife and her little friend.”

The men across the table were laughing thinking that he was talking about the dog. They couldn’t see the shotgun or the 9mm pistol. Sugar saw that T-Bone had the man covered and moved the sawed off over the top of the table letting the men see what T-Bone was talking about. They stopped laughing very quickly. T-Bone was telling them to put their hands on the table. T-Bone and Steve had to laugh when Spice popped her head out of Sugars leather jacket and growled at the men again.

T-Bone and Steve collected the weapons from the men which included a really nice pair of the new Glock 37 which was a .45 caliber pistol with laser sights. The other pistol was a Smith and Wesson model 629 with a stainless steel body and a 8 3/8 inch barrel that was a 44 caliber. The last man was carrying a set of Berretta 92R machine pistols. They had a 20 round clip and were capable of firing a single shot, three round burst or at fully automatic mode. These were some very nice and very expensive weapons. Steve was finishing with the weapons search finding knives and a couple of smaller caliber pistols on the men. T-Bone smiled at Sugar.

“Look honey, we got some new toys.”

The big man that was sitting next to sugar stood up.

“You ain’t taken my guns!”

T-Bone was looking up slightly at the man while he gave a smirk. “Yes, I am. But if you want to try and take them back that will be fine with me. Let’s go out back to play.”

Steve was reaching for one of the pistols after the other two men got up to follow T-Bone out the back door. Spice growled at him and Sugar shook her finger at him letting him know not to do that. She got up and tucked the sawed off back into the holster that they had made for the small of her back. She then put the Barrette’s in the front pockets of her leathers. She put the rest of the weapons in the cabinet in the kitchen to get them out of sight before they both went out back to watch.

It wasn’t unexpected for all three of the big men to attack him all at the same time. In fact he was counting on them doing just that. They had worked for years together victimizing this neighborhood but beating up some old people for their social security check was a little different from what he was able to do. He didn’t know where he got the training but he was confident that he could handle this. The man that sat down next to Sugar swung with a hard left hook coming down at an angle towards T-Bones neck. The blow would have ended the fight fast if it had connected but T-Bone was not where he was a few second ago. He had moved just out of range before he threw a front spin kick that landed in the big man’s left side breaking a few ribs in the process. The hard left that the man was still in the process of throwing was caught by T-Bone’s left hand at the wrist as he was folding into the front of the man to bring the arm over his back as he threw him to the ground. The arm was caught and locked solid across T-Bones bent left knee before the man hit the ground causing his arm to snap at the elbow from his own weight as he fell. This was done so fast that the others hadn’t been able to react and T-Bone was standing again now. He stepped over the man as he stomped on his right hand crushing and breaking the hand so that he wouldn’t be able to use a weapon for a while. The other two men moved in again with one man going to the back while T-Bone was facing the other man. The man that was in the rear attacked but this was also expected. The man kicked at T-Bone trying to break his back with a viscous side kick. T-Bone had done a spin to the right catching the kick and slamming his elbow down hard on the extended knee. There was a loud snapping noise as the bone broke and the man fell to the ground screaming. People were looking out of there apartment windows to see what was going on in the well lit ally below. T-Bone stomped the man in the chest breaking ribs on both side but not hard enough to kill him. The last man was now very worried. He had just seen this crazy white man take down two of the toughest men that he had ever known in a matter of seconds.

The last man was going to be more cautious now; he had been fighting on the streets since he was a young boy to get the things that he wanted even if it didn’t belong to him. He had learned to fight hard and he had developed a good set of moves over the years. He felt comfortable fighting this man. He started bouncing up and down like he had seen Bruce Lee do in his favorite Kung Fu movie. He wiped his nose with his thumb and held out his hand waving at his opponent to bring it on.

T-Bone and Sugar were both smiling at what he man was doing. T-Bone could tell that this man wasn’t very good with his left hand so he wouldn’t be able to shoot without his right hand. T-bone did a jumping turn kick putting his right foot deep into the man’s stomach. The air was forced out of his lungs so hard that he wasn’t able to do anything. T-Bone didn’t want these men to be able to come at him for a while and the best way to do that was to take away their ability to shoot at him or Sugar. He simply broke the man’s right elbow. They had gathered a large crowd of people that had come out to see what was going on. T-Bone, sugar and Steve all went back inside leaving the men to the crowd.

Everyone in the crowd had been victimized or had family victimized by these men. Once they had the opportunity to extract their revenge it was brutal, Steve spoke to an elderly man that was standing off to the side before they all went back inside. He told T-Bone and Sugar that the men would be disposed of quietly so that nothing would be able to be traced back to this community.

They all sat down and ate together where Steve said that he had never eaten anything that good in all of his life. He told T-Bone that he was even a better cook then his Mama and that was high praise for anybody.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Daniel and Teal’c spent another day at the trailer checking for clues to the lives of their friends but they didn’t find anything about where they might have gone to. The boys had asked Teal’c if he was the one that T-Bone was writing about in his books. He fit the description of a fierce giant of a warrior that was like a brother to the man that was the leader of the group. They laughed when they said the person in the book was an alien with a gold tattoo on his forehead. They said that the man in the book was a loyal warrior that was fighting to save his people from slavery.

Teal’c’s eyebrow went high as he was taking in this information. He told Daniel what the boys had said. Daniel asked to read the stories for himself and they were very interesting. They were well written with all of them having different names and the Stargate was called a time, space dimensional portal which carried the adventures to different planets where they did incredible things and met fantastic aliens and evil creatures that wanted nothing but to dominate or destroy in order to rule the universe.

Daniel took note of the other two people which was a large Jaffa and then there was his favorite of all and that was the hansom young Archeologist that stole the hearts of all the girls from different planets. There wasn’t anything that would tie them to the Stargate program and the location of the Portal which was what they were calling the device in the book was in a deep mine in Utah. Daniel printed off several copies so that he could have one for himself and Teal’c along with a set for the General so he could make the determination as to contents of the writing and the damage assessment made. Daniel didn’t think that he would have any problems because of the depiction of the base commander in the stories and how he was a true and loyal friend to all the people under his command.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

When General Hammond received the copy of stories per military currier he was smiling at the things that were on the pages and the stories were very good but they were all written so that it was just science fiction and nothing more. The stories only hinted at the truth now and then so they were not going to be having any problems out of the few people that would be reading them.

He made another call to the Asgard telling them that it was not an emergency but they would be needing assistance when they could get there to help find Colonel O’Neill and Samantha Carter. The General also had a copy of the marriage certificate for Sugar Jones and T-Bone Johnson which made him smile every time he saw the document.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Two months later it was bitter cold in Chicago now which was making Sugar huddle closer to T-Bone in their little apartment above the restaurant until he had to go downstairs to start getting breakfast ready for the hoards of people that were going to be clamoring for food. It was strange that people would be standing outside to get into the restaurant. Steve had hired several people which he had Sugar train and now that she was getting more advanced in her pregnancy she was not working nearly as much. She still spent plenty of time in the restaurant with T-Bone but right now she was indulging herself with a little extra time in the bed. T-Bone was taking Spice down for her morning walk before he was going to start cooking. Like before he would cook the cinnamon rolls all morning long so that he had fresh hot product all morning long but unlike he was doing with Joe he was cooking two trays at a time and a lot more often. Steve was really doing well with the business now and he was talking to some people about a larger building. He had already expanded this building as far as he could. Two of the upstairs apartments had been converted to seating areas with a trolley system going between the floors to deliver the food and drinks upstairs. T-Bone took Spice back up to the apartment where she scooted under the covers with Sugar to warm herself up from the cold outside again. Sugar took the cold little dog and held her close which just caused her to wag her tail so hard it looked like it was going to fly off and lick Sugar all over her face with good morning kisses.

Steve parked his new car down the street then came in putting on an apron to help get breakfast started. Sugar came down the stairs carefully carrying Spice who started wagging her tail again to see the other. Sugar was cooing at the little dog as she was walking up behind T-Bone to give him a kiss and hug. Steve was watching as they were enveloped in a bright white light and just disappeared.

Spice was growling at the little gray creature that was now standing a few feet away from them. It was blinking large black eyes at them like it was expecting them to do or say something. T-Bone pushed Sugar gently behind him so that the little gray thing wouldn’t hurt her. He was sure that this creature would not harm them and it seemed that he knew who the creature was but he couldn’t bring it all the way up to his consciousness. The gray alien finally spoke in English.

“Greetings Colonel O’Neill, Major Carter. It was reported to us that you were missing and I have detected that there is a chemical imbalance that is causing your condition. If you would come with me I will be able to fix this in just a short time.”

T-Bone and sugar followed the alien to a room that had some tables that had bubbles that slid over to the side. The alien told them to lie down on the tables which they were reluctant to do. T-Bone spoke up first.

“What will this machine do to us?”

“It will correct the imbalance allowing you to remember who you are. You and Major Carter are suffering from a chemically induced amnesia.”

“Will we remember what we have done over the last nine months?”

“Yes, you and Major Carter will remember everything that has happened.”

Sugar didn’t like him calling her Major Carter and she was the next to speak.

“What is your name?”

“I am Thor and I have known the two of you for a long time now.”

“Well, Mister Thor if you would please, just call me Sugar.”

‘I am only referred to as Thor but if that is what you wish then that will be fine with me, Miss Sugar.”

“No, it’s just Sugar if you were going to call me by my last name it would be Mrs. Johnson.”

T-Bone told him that he would go first so that she could watch. He lay down on the table and was covered by the clear bubble. It looked like he was going to sleep which was causing sugar to pound on the bubble telling him to wake up. This thing looked too much like a clear coffin to her and he wasn’t opening his eyes for her. She was panicking at that point and Thor didn’t know what to do other then to transport her into another med pod. The small dog that she had been carrying with her was now on the floor, she could not take it into the med pod with her. Thor had to jump on top of a third med pod because the dog was attacking him. All the small animal knew was that her human was very worried about something and now she was gone. It had to be because of this other thing that was in the room so she went on the attack. Thor saw from the top of the other med pod that Samantha Carter had pulled a Beretta machine pistol from someplace and she was trying to blast her way out of the med pod as sleep took her. Thor transported the small animal to one of the guest quarters so that he could get down off the med pod and tend to his patents.

The procedure took several hours to finish along with careful checking and rechecking of the child that Sugar was carrying. Thor transmitted his data to the Asgard council who wanted more details but Thor could not keep the subjects in the med pods any longer.

He released Colonel O’Neill first. He went strait to Sugar’s med pod and was checked her out as if her live depended on it. He took note of the Beretta that was in her hand causing him to ask what had happened. Thor explained the situation and what happened afterward when the animal attacked him. Jack told Thor that they needed to get the weapon out of her hand before she woke up or she was going to come out of the med pod shooting. Thor knew that after what he had done to her she would probably be shooting at him. He transported the weapon out of the med pod while Jack was going to get Spice. Jack knew that the best way to wake her up was with the little dog.

Jack was just coming back into the room when Teal’c and Daniel got there. He told Thor that if the pod was finished with her to beam the dog into the bubble before he did anything else. They all watched as Sam woke up with a smile on her face as she was waking up to the puppy licking her face. The bubble opened letting Jack bend down and kiss his wife good morning. He was rubbing her stomach which Daniel and Teal’c were just taking notice of how swollen it was for being close to six months along in her pregnancy. Thor told them that the children were healthy and strong while giving them the day and time of their berths.

Jack was standing there openmouthed. “Children? As in more than one?”

“Yes, your son is a little smaller that your daughter at this time but we estimate that they will be almost the same weight when they are born.”

“Did you hear that Sugar, we’re going to have twins!”

That brought Daniel out of his stupor at hearing that his friends news and he just had to ask.

“So Jack, what gave you the idea to name her Sugar Jones?”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

When Jack and Sam got back to the base they had a long debrief with the General. It would seem that after they were drugged and driven to Florida where they were going to be shipped to South America to be interrogated at the leisure of their captors something happened. They had given them another shot of something that was to keep them under but Thor had told them that the blinding with Jolinar and Kanan had changed their brain chemistry causing the drug to have a very different effect that what their captors had planed. They were able to get away from their captors taking their cloths and jumping a train that was passing close to the building where they had escaped from. The energy from the chemical reaction wore off soon after they got into the freight car leaving them with the Amnesia. When the SGC investigated the building in Florida it was empty and there were no records of it ever being leased for the last several years.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Nearly a year later a large white Ford Explorer pulled up in front of Joe’s restaurant. Colonel Jack O’Neill and his wife Samantha got out of the car taking the two baby carriers with Sugar Jean O’Neill and Joseph Steven O’Neill out of the back seat of the car. They had gotten a call about six months ago from Christopher White and Jimmy Ratcliff asking permission to use the stories that T-Bone had written in a book that they were working on of sciences fiction short stories all about the adventures. They had taken his stories and added more stories of their own. Jack had asked the General of it would be alright for the boys to publish the stories and he was given permission. In fact it was one of the General’s favorite things to read. Jack promised to bring him a signed copy from the boys when he came back.

END.