Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Kell

by Twobits
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
this is the third in the Boar'a series.
Kell’s Fall

The sensors had indicated that no humans were in the barn at the time which allowed them to be transported into that location unseen. Angel didn't like having any of her humans on Earth but this was something they wanted to do. Gracie wasn't pleased that her human was there also and she wasn't able to come along. She was monitoring everything that was happening through Angel though and the subspace relay back to Boar'a. It helped but she was still worried.

George Hammond went to the barn door and opened it allowing Jack O'Neill to carry Lauren out of the barn. She was only four years old and he knew what not to step into in the barn but he didn't trust her not to get into something that would cause her Mom to be very upset at him if he brought her back with horse crap all over her. Sam had already told him that if he brought her home with any kind of manure in her hair or on her cloths or body he would be in it deep. He didn't need to know what he would be deep in because it would be the same thing Lauren had on her. That was a good reason not to let her down any where near anything she could get into that would stain, mark or mess up her clothing, hair or body. The last member of their little group was Romeo, the big German Shepard wouldn't let Lauren go anywhere without him. That was his human puppy and he didn't want her out of his sight. The dog was very protective of her ever since he had been brought to Boar'a to search for Sam and Saren, Daniel's wife when they had been taken by an Ashrack.

All four of the group stepped out into the hot Texas sun and started walking to the house. The fields that were on either side of the barn and road that led to the house were still green with hay but it was starting to turn brown from the heat and it was ready to be cut and bailed again soon.

Jack set Lauren down but held her hand, she pulled him up closer to George Hammond so that she could hold his hand also. He had become like a grandfather to her and he had spoiled her as badly as he did his own granddaughters. George couldn't help it he reached down and picked her up. Lauren was able to walk on her own but with everybody always carrying her around you would have thought she couldn't. The worst one of all of them though was Teal'c. If he was around she was being held by the big Jaffa. It seemed that while he was with her he had a noticeable smile on his face which nobody had seen before. Everybody knew that if Jack and Sam hadn't adopted the little girl Teal'c would have without hesitation. He was still a big influence in her life and he would do anything for her like the uncle he was.

Harold Hammond opened the door to see his older brother walking up to the house with a little blond girl in his arms and a big smile on his face. The man that was beside him was smiling also and they had a rather large German Shepard that was watching everything around him like he was expecting something to jump out of the fields and attack them. He wasn't on the alert but he was watching everything closely. Harry could tell that he was a trained guard dog but he wouldn't have expected anything else from his brother. There was something very different about George though and as he was getting closer he saw that he was growing blond hair where there hadn't been any for more years than he could remember and he had lost weight. The man looked like he was younger than he was now instead of being three years older.

Harry also was wondering why they were coming from the barn. He didn't have a road open to the back of the barn. All of those gates were locked tight and he knew that there hadn't been any helicopters in the area or the dogs would have alerted him. Even if they were totally silent and with the work his brother was doing anything could be possible. He didn't know anything that his brother was doing but he knew that it was very hush, hush, top secret work. He was supposed to take a position for a base that was closing down years ago and it had grown out of proportions. All he was able to tell him was that he would not be able to come down to the farm when he retired like he had always said he would do.

Harold had gotten a call a month ago telling him to gather all the horses of good breeding stock and start buying them. His banking account was surprisingly full when he had checked to see how much money he had. George had told him that he had a few special requests also and had given him the list. Harry was good at his job and was one of the best in the business. He and George had inherited the horse ranch from their parents. He had added to the farm over the years with his money and what George had sent over the years to where they had a rather large spread now even for Texas standards. Now with the list of horses and equipment along with the special orders he was not going to have any problems for the rest of his life. His children were set for life also.

Lauren saw the man watching out the back door of the house that they were walking toward and reached for her Daddy. She loved her Grandpa George but now she needed the security of her Daddy. Romeo was on alert also and knew that the man was watching them but he wasn't making any threatening moves and he wasn't tense like a person who was about to attack them would be. He still stepped to the front of the group to make sure nothing was going to happen.

Harry came out of the house and watched as the dog bristled ready for danger. The man that was with George told the dog to stand down which caused him to relax and step back over to stand beside the man and child. He was still watching everything but now he wasn't too worried about him. He stepped up to his big brother and gave him a hug and slapped him on the back telling him that it had been too long. Then he stepped back to look closer at him. He had lost about forty pounds and he was growing hair.

“George, what are you doing with hair on top of your head? Is that a new hair growing chemical on the market or are you doing something at work now that caused this?”

George couldn't tell him that it was the bitter broth that was making him grow hair and actually making him younger just like it had done with Jack. Jack O’Neill now had long dark brown hair that was almost black and he had lost most of the lines on his face making him look like he was in his late thirties or early forties now and he was strong and lean. George had not been taking the medication that had cured Jack’s cancer for long but the effects were evident and growing stronger all the time.

“It’s chasing this little girl all the time that’s getting me into shape and a little bit of that hair stuff you can buy at the drug store now.”

Harry smiled at Lauren and turned back to George. “Where did you find this beautiful baby girl, I saw you carrying her up here like she was one of the grandkids?”

Romeo gave a soft whine and ducked behind Jack out of the line of fire as Lauren bristled and Jack along with George knew there was nothing that could be done to save his brother from the verbal tongue lashing that he was about to receive. George stepped back out of the line of fire making Harry give him a strange look and was about to ask what was going on when Lauren cut loose on him.

“My name is Lauren Jean O'Neill and I am not a baby! A baby drinks from a bottle and poops their pants; I'm a big girl now, not a baby, so don't call me a baby!!!”

George was almost laughing at his brothers verbal beating by the child but Harry had girls of his own and both of them could hold their own just like this little girl, maybe not going on the attack quite as fast as she had, but it had the same effect when they did it. He knew how to handle this situation though and went to work on her. George had told him about a very special little girl that called him Grandpa George and had charmed her way into his life, heart and soul.

“I'm sorry Sweetheart, I wasn't calling you a baby; it's just a way for older people to say what a beautiful young lady you are, and I could tell that you are a big girl when I first saw you. When I said that, I was saying that you are the prettiest young lady I've see in a long time.”

That made her look up from her Daddy's shoulder at the man that was saying that she was a pretty little girl and talking to her like she was a big girl. She decided that this man wasn't so bad after all. She gave him a shy smile that would have melted the hardest heart and wrapped him around her little finger just like she had her grandpa George. She held out her arms to be taken by the man and gave him a hug letting him know that it was alright. Harry melted right then like everybody that she turned the charm on with, man or woman.

“You know Lauren, your Grandpa George told me that he needed to get a very special something for a very charming little girl with long blond hair and I'm pretty sure he was talking about you.”

George gave him a nod that he had done the right thing and telling him to go ahead with what he was doing. “I looked all over to fine the perfect present like he wanted and it wasn't easy, but now I know why he wanted something so special for you. We'll need to go into town to get it though so are you ready to go for a ride in my truck?”

Now Lauren was getting excited, he had a present for her and they were going to get it right now. She bobbed her head up and down making her curls bounce around her big blue eyes and gave him a big smile that looked just like Sam's only in a much smaller form. He carried her over to the truck and put her into the jump seat buckling her into the seatbelt and telling her dad and George to jump in. Jack told Romeo to get into the back where he easily jumped in without even lowering the tailgate. They were pulling a horse trailer that could hold four horses behind the big black one ton Ford. Jack thought it was a little crowded in the front so he got in the jump seat beside Lauren and let George have the front seat where he could sit more comfortably.

It took about an hour to get into town from the farm house and thirty minuets of that was on the farms land on a well paved road. Jack was impressed with the farm and how big it was, but he was getting a little cramped up by the time they got into town. Lauren had lain down in the seat with her seatbelt on and had her head on his leg. He was just smiling down at her and stroking her soft hair as she slept. He loved this child so much it hurt just like he loved her mother. It was strange to think that he had only had her for less than a year and what she had done to transform their lives already. That reminded him that he had something to do soon and he didn't want to put it off, it was too important, but this was important also so one thing at a time, the other thing would have to wait for a little while longer.

The ride into town wasn’t all bad but when they got into town it took Jack a few minuets to get the feeling back into his legs. Angel had offered to transport him to the destination but that would’ve been hard to explain to Harry and they didn’t want to go into all that with him right now. It was going to be hard enough to get around telling him where all the money came from for the horses. Angel was very good at removing only the things she wanted to take out of an asteroid or moon like gold. They really didn’t need all that much money on Boar’a but they didn’t have some things on Boar’a like horses. They had cattle which was great for plowing and pulling heavy loads along with the meat and milk they provided. George wanted a horse ranch and Boar’a was perfect for that. He had all the land he wanted and all the people from Earth were building housed with the help of Angel, Mom and Gracie.

Jack and George knew why they were in town now and Lauren was getting excited again now that she had woken up from her nap in the truck. They had stopped at a saddle shop which had a stable connected to it. Jack had some special request that George had passed along to Harry for him. Harry picked up Lauren and carried her to the barn with Jack’s silent permission. Harry had used his cell phone to call ahead letting the shop owner know that they would be there soon so that he would have things ready for them. He handed Lauren over to Jack for the surprise and he told her to cover her eyes. She was bouncing in his arms while covering her eyes and he was laughing as she tried to peek out from between her fingers. Jack played with her and tickled her until she promised him that she would not peek again. Jack sat her in the saddle that was custom built for her and the horse. She opened her eyes and didn’t know what to think about this rather large animal that she was now sitting on. She had never seen a horse before and didn’t know what to do with it. She gave her Daddy a confused look letting him know that she didn’t understand what she was supposed to do. Jack fastened the seatbelt across her lap (one of the custom fittings on the saddle for his baby girl to help protect her from falling off the horse.) He adjusted the stirrup to fit the length of her legs then led the horse outside so that she could understand that she was supposed to ride on it.

George and Harry both got on their horses and brought Jack’s out with them. Harry took the horses lead leaving the reins in her hands allowing Jack to mount his horse right beside her. She was now starting to understand what was going on and having fun. Her horse was about three quarters the size of the one her Daddy was getting on. Jack reached down to unbuckle the seatbelt then picked her up putting her on the saddle in front of him so that he could hold her and show her how to handle the horse. They only went out a short ways and she was really starting to enjoy the ride and wanted to get back on her horse. Jack told her that she needed to go inside to get some other things first. She had on a pair of jeans and a short sleeve blue shirt, when they got inside he went over to the boots first. He explained to her that the boots were made with the pointy toe on them so it was easier to get her foot into the stirrup and the top was made to protect her legs from rubbing on the fittings of the saddle. They found her size and the color she wanted which was a bright red but she was happy with them so he just found a pair for himself which were black, that made her want to get the black ones for herself then so they went through all the fittings again to get the right size again. They went over to the hats and Jack got his first learning from the experience with the boots which made her want a brown cowboy hat like her Daddy's, he explained this part also so she would understand that the hat was to keep the sun out of her eyes and off the sides and back of her neck.

Romeo was watching all this with little interest in the goings on but there were a lot of interesting new smells in the shop with all the leather and he contented himself with just staying by Lauren as she moved from one part of the store to another. His ears perked up when he heard a noise that he knew but it was different from the noise that he was used to. He was watching the door when the others also heard the sound of a group of motorcycles pulled up outside. The horses were tethered to the hitching post out front and the motorcycles were spooking the horses. The men on the bikes took pleasure in revving their motors. This made Lauren run to the door to make the men stop making her new horse shy away from them and it was about to break away from the hitching post. Jack wasn't able to catch her before she was out the door with Romeo right beside her.

The men were dirty from head to the bottoms of their boots with long greasy hair and a couple weeks without using a razor. They all had a mouth full of rotting or missing teeth and when someone got close enough they would be pushed back by the bad breath. The store owner quietly told Jack and George that this was an outlaw biker gang that was terrorizing the area for several years. Harry told him that it wouldn't be a good idea to mess with them but that wasn't stopping Lauren from tearing into the men for being mean to her horse. The leader of the gang was laughing at her as he pulled a pistol and took aim at the horse.

Romeo saw the weapon and instantly went on the attack. Jack heard the bones of the man’s arm snap as the big German Shepard closed his powerful jaws on the wrist. The man screamed and there were guns being drawn from all of the gang members pointing them mostly at Romeo but some of them were covering the grownups and not paying much attention to the little girl. All this happened before the man fell to the ground holding his wrist. Romeo would have finished the job but Jack was not going to allow anything to happen to Romeo, especially when Lauren was there to see it.

All the men that were drawing weapons and getting ready to fire on anything that moved were frozen in place instantly. George, Harry, the store owner and Lauren were not affected by this at all, other than fully expecting to see Romeo dead at any second. George was the first to recover. He already knew about Jack’s abilities of telekinesis, pyrokinesis and telepathy but this was something different and none of it should have been seen by his brother or the store owner. It was too late now and George was glad that he was able to stop the men from shooting the horse and Romeo as well as anybody else that got in the way. He was now wondering what Jack was going to do with the men which he got the answer to that right away. When he stopped the men he had also stopped Romeo from killing the man on the ground but the dog was fast and very good at what he did. Romeo had his teeth ready to rip the man’s throat out and he was within millimeters of doing just that when Jack stopped everything.

Jack knew what he was going to do so he went over and disarmed all the men and it took a while to get all the weapons that seemed to be stashed everywhere on them. It reminded him of his team and how it had saved them time and again to have a spare weapon that was in reach or missed by the people that were searching them. The really hard part of all this was pulling Romeo back out of the way so that he wouldn't finish the job he had started.

Lauren was watching before he pulled Romeo away from the man. She had never seen him attack before and it was interesting to see even though it was frightening, she loved him and she knew that he was protecting them against the bad men. She went over to where her Daddy had set the dog down and was petting him. Jack released him and told him to stand down. Romeo saw that the men were not moving but he was a little confused as to how he went from about to kill the man that had pulled the weapon to setting beside his human puppy while she was petting him and receiving the command to stand down.

Jack had a chance to change these men, it was always better to make changes when possible but if there was no other choice then he would have finished them off rather than letting them continue the way they were. He had George take Harry, the store owner, Lauren and Romeo inside so he wouldn't have to explain any more than he already was going to need to. He brought the man that was on the ground to a level of consciousness that would not let him move but he could understand what was going on and would not forget any of it. Then he implanted the image of Ba'al laughing at the man.

“You have been a very naughty boy, I really like that, especially the things like beating up the old people for the little scraps of money they're saving to buy a small amount of food with or medicine. It really gives you a sense of power to have them begging for their lives or so they can get the medicine that will keep the person they love alive.”

“Let me show you some of the pleasures I have in store for you.” The teeth of the big dog that had broken his arm finished ripping off the hand after the bones were broken and then he slowly sank his teeth into his throat tearing it out and looked down into his eyes with all the blood on his face and the man knew that it was his blood. The dog seemed to be smiling as the life drained out of him.

“We can have fun like this for centuries, this is but one of the many fun activities we have planed for you. That and maybe letting some of the people that you so viscously killed have a crack at you, what do you think?”


Jack did this with all the men in the group, he took whatever they were most frightened of and used it against them. Once they had time to think about what they had done and what was going to happen for the rest of eternity. He brought in another image which was of Sam but none of them knew that. She was in a pure white flowing gown that made her look just like the Angel she was supposed to be.

“You still have time to redeem yourselves, if you change your ways now and repay as much as you can to the people you have hurt so much, there may be hope, but it is all up to you. Only you can do what is necessary or you have seen what will happen if you don't.”

Jack had Angel transport the motorcycles and all the weapons to the ship then he released the men. They had all evacuated their bladders and bowels at the images they had seen. One of the men had seen a giant spider that had paralyzed him then wrapped him in spider silk and stored him in a spider web to be used as a meal soon. The part that frightened him most was when the spider was setting there watching him and making him wonder if this was his last moment on Earth.

All of them left without even asking where their bikes were, they had no use for them now; it wasn't the image they wanted to present anymore. Every one of them went back to their club house where they had been living for some time now and cleaned up. It was time to go out and get a job, they had a lot of things to make up for and the best way they could think of to do that was to go back and help the people that they had victimized for so long and to do everything possible to redeem themselves.

Daniel would have said that he was playing god but what he was really trying to do was force them to change their ways and by showing them what was in their future for the rest of eternity and give them a way to make amends for the thing they had done in the past. It was a sure thing that they would be completely changed by this experience, and a sure thing that they would be spending a lot of time in the church from now on. That was much better than waiting in the ally for someone to come by that they could mug or setting in a jail cell waiting for their next appeal before they go the gas chamber.

Jack checked the horses and went back inside to see what was going on in there. George was trying to do damage control with the store owner and his brother. Jack now found that it was easy to implant ideas and images in a persons mind so he just made them think that it was their imagination and that the men just went off on their own. He wasn't able to take out the image of what Romeo had done to the man’s arm or the sound the bones breaking. Jack knew that the best way to make them forget about what had happened was to do something else. They finished shopping and he asked what they had been calling the horses. Harry took them back outside and pointed to the large black stallion which Jack had been riding earlier.

“We called this one big heart because of the large white heart shape on his chest.” Jack had seen the white patch earlier but he hadn't noticed that it was in the shape of a heart.

“We call the mare sugar because she has a sweet tooth, she just loves sugar and carrots and she is very gentle to take them out of your hand.” He pulled out several sugar cubes and gave them to Lauren. He told her how to put them in the palm of her hand so the horse could use her lips to take it from her. Lauren held out her hand and true to his word the horse gently took the sugar cube from her hand which made her squeal but she was jumping up and down with the excitement. He told her that her horse would take the sugar the same way but she liked carrots more and pulled out a bunch telling her to give them to each of the horse’s one at a time.

Laurens horse was called boots because of the four white socks, the rancher that had raised her refused to call her socks though because he said it was a cat’s name not a horse’s so it was boots. Jack didn't understand it himself, boots was a cats name also, hadn't the rancher ever heard of 'Puss n Boots’; Jack had read it to Lauren several times already. He decided that it wasn't worth the argument anyway, if they wanted to change the name later it wouldn't be a problem. The next horse was a gray color on the body with darker spots on the lower half then it turned into black all the way down the legs with a black main which George told them the color was called flea bitten gray. Then the last one was buckskin in color and neither one of those horses had names yet. George told them that he would take any of them for his ranch all were beautiful and that way they could have a choice. Jack was sure Lauren was going to stay with Boots and he would stay with Big Heart but Sam would have to make her own choice if she wanted one of the horses.

Lauren wanted to go back out and ride her horse more so all of them went out and got things ready. Jack put her on Boots first then got on his horse and untied her lead. George and Harry were showing her how to work the horse with the reins and what to do to make it stop or go faster. Jack wasn't going to let her go too fast right now he wanted her to get used to walking the horse before he started to go any faster or it might scare her. He wasn't worried about her safety she had on her shields that would protect her from anything, even a fall from a horse or a low tree branch.

He had tied her hat on with her chin straps which sometimes he wished he had on his hat. He hadn't cut his hair yet and really wasn't planning on it now that he wasn't really in the Air Force anymore. The hair was down past his shoulder blades now and kept in a pony tail so that it would stay out of his face in the wind. Sam and Lauren both loved to comb and play with his hair. Sam's hair was long now also and it was a different look for her, but he liked it and of course Lauren had her hair all the way down to the middle of her back in long blond waves with a few curls here and there.

Jack was in great shape, he still spent a lot of time at the monastery on Boar'a and working in the fields and with all the work of building the houses and George's ranch he didn't have a chance to gain any weight. George, Sam and he were all taking the bitter broth still, along with John and Jennifer which were Jack and Sam's clones. Jack’s clone had been a mistake and he had asked the Asgard to fix him so that he could live but Sam had herself cloned so that John could have someone. She had asked Jack one time what he would have done if she was with another man and he replied that he would have lived his life out in the monastery, he didn't want anybody else and he would live as a monk if he didn't have her. That was when she had Logie clone her so she could be with John. She said that she couldn’t live without him either so the younger version of him would need her as much as the older one and the only way to do that was to be cloned with a younger version of herself like Jack’s.

John and Jennifer were inseparable now and they had a ship of their own called Blue Thunder with the artificial intelligent computer named Mom. They were helping with all the houses too as well as building their own. They were pretty close to the same age as clones at about twenty years old now but they both had all of the experiences of the originals. All of them got along great together.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam was missing Jack and Lauren already, they had only been gone for half a day and she was now wishing that she had taken them up on the offer to go with them. She wanted to see the look on Lauren’s face when she was put on the horse and wondered what she looked like with her little cowboy boots and hat on. Thinking of that only made her miss them even more. She transported from the base to the house that John and Jennifer were working on to ask them for a ride to Earth. She hated to ask them but she also knew that they wouldn’t mind too much because they wanted to see Lauren riding the horse as much as she did.

It didn’t take long at all to convince them that it would be fun to go see Lauren and the horses and Mom was worried about Angel being at Earth all alone when so many bad things had happened to her humans on that planet. She knew that Angel wouldn’t mind the company and someone else to help watch out for her people.

The transport only took a few minuets and Angel had been telling Mom about what had happened and what Jack had done about the situation. Both of the ships were analyzing this new ability of Jack’s to stop motion on select subjects while others were able to move around freely. Sam had Mom transport Jack’s truck from their garage in Colorado Springs to just outside of town so they could drive in and not raise too many questions about where they came from.

They pulled up to the store just as Jack was about to go down the trail with Lauren’s horse in tow. He turned and gave them a big smile and told Lauren that her Mom had come to see her on the horse. They stopped and went back over to the front of the store so they could tether the horses again and wait for the others to get ready to go with them. The shop owner went back into the barn to saddle three more horses so they would have enough for all of them. They went in so that Sam could pick out her things and Lauren was right there telling her what she needed and how they worked. Sam, John and Jennifer all needed to change clothing into a good pair of jeans. Lauren was pleased that she had gotten the same color for her shirt, boots and hat that she had but Sam knew that she wanted to look like her Mommy and made her choices with that in mind. John and Jennifer were able to use telepathy to some degree now and Sam’s was getting better but George was not far enough along to have that benefit from the bitter broth yet. Jack was using it with John and Jennifer so that it would help to open up those pathways in their brains, the more they used it the easer it would be for them. Jack found that it was interesting that he could single out an individual person that he wanted to telepathically speak to and nobody else would be able to pick up on the message that he was sending.

Sam was getting much better with her telepathic abilities and it was faster to communicate that way than it was to say the words but nobody else was able to understand what they were doing so they used normal language most of the time. Sam made quite the cowgirl in her outfit and Jack sent her the message that she really looked good in the outfit, then he wiggled his eyebrows at her letting her know what he was thinking without saying anything physically or telepathically. To his surprise she winked at him letting him know the feeling was mutual.

They went back outside to see that they had the other horses ready to go. Sam went strait to the big Paint that was a beautiful red with white streaked all over its body. It was a large stallion that turned to her as she was getting close and it nuzzled her when she was close enough letting her know that he liked her. Sam spent some time petting her horse and getting to know him before she mounted him. She had a hard time getting her foot into the stirrup because the horse was so tall. Jack gave her a lift to help her out. Sam hadn’t spent much time with a horse and had only gone riding a few times but she knew what to do and had no fear of this big beautiful beast. John went to the black mare that had a white strip down her face, Jennifer had a horse that was also a Paint but hers was a mare and not as big as Sam’s.

They were soon all heading down the trail with Jack still holding the lead for Lauren’s horse. They all had a great time riding for about an hour before Lauren was getting a little sore as she wasn’t used to riding and so was Sam. Nobody had worn their shield except for Lauren, it was too hard to explain what the gauntlets were and they all felt that it would be safe while on the farm with Harry. It was getting a little hot outside also although they were used to working in the heat on Boar’a it wasn’t something that they wanted to do if it wasn’t necessary. They told Lauren that they would go back to the store and then they would take the horse’s home so that she could ride it everyday.

Jack was about to go by a low ridge when the horse shied away and did a quick spin to get away from something. When the horse did the spin he had to let go of the lead to Laurens horse as he was falling off of Big Heart. Jack wasn’t too happy to have landed on the fist sized rock that was on the ground with his side from the height of the horse but when the rattle snake that his horse shied away from struck him in the back that was all that Angel could take. She shot instructions to Mom and transported all her people along with their horses onboard and started the trip back to Boar’a at top speed. Jack was placed into a stasis chamber till she could get back to Janet and the medical equipment on Boar’a. She would have put him strait into the med pod but she didn’t know what kind of toxin it was that the animal had injected into him. She knew that Janet would know that to do, she was a Doctor from Earth after all, and Angel had taken it from Jack that she would know that to do to fix this problem.

John, Jennifer, George and Harry were all onboard Blue Thunder still riding the horses. This was something that George wasn’t ready to let his brother know about yet but it was not in his power to do anything about that now. They were bent over on the bridge of the ship when they were transported onboard the ship as Mom was following quickly behind Angel to get back to Boar’a. Harry was rather wide eyed as he was looking at the front of the ship and the view screen that was showing space and Earth before everything disappeared for a few seconds then a new planet was on the screen that wasn’t Earth.

The trip to Boar’a had taken about six minuets time but to the people onboard the ship it was only a matter of seconds. Mom just transported them all to Boar’a to George’s ranch. The holographic image of Grace appeared next to George asking if he was alright then she started berating him for leaving the planet without wearing his shields. This was even harder on Harry than seeing Earth from space was. He had gone to his sister-in-law’s funeral nearly sixteen years ago and here she was letting his brother have it with both barrels for leaving something on this planet. John had dismounted from his horse and was doing what he could to keep Harry from falling off the horse. He got Harry off the horse and onto his feet on the ground. He walked up to Gracie and tried to touch her to see if she was real, his hand went through her like she wasn’t there and she shimmered for a second where his hand had gone through her shoulder. This was more that he could mentally handle and he passed out.

Harold Hammond woke to see a small woman with red hair and brown eyes looking rather concerned at him. He was about to get up when she put her hand on his chest to restrain him and told him to lay still. He looked over to see that all the others were there including Lauren who was looking at her father while being held by Sam. Harold had seen the snake as it had struck but there was nothing he could do to stop it and then everything else had happened.
George and Gracie were there asking if Harry was okay. George was very concerned that his brother had had a serous problem with all that had happened. Janet told him that he was fine and it wasn’t anything to worry about, he had just fainted from too much happening so quickly.

Jack was lying very still on the bed next to him and he was concerned that he might be dead. Janet told him without him having to ask that Jack was going to be fine. The poisons were being filtered out of his bloodstream now by the machines. It didn’t take but a short while to fix that, the bruised ribs were going to take a little longer to heal but that wouldn’t take too long with him taking the bitter broth. Jack was a little on the sick side from the poison that was still in his system and he hurt from hitting the rock. Lauren had started to cry and she didn’t care how sick he was he wasn’t going to set by while she was crying. He had Sam to give him his daughter so that he could comfort her. She was still crying when she snuggled up to him. “I love you Daddy, please don’t die like my other Daddy did.”

Jack didn’t think that she understood about death and they had not talked about how her parents had died. Logie had told them that she didn’t understand what had happened to her Mother and Father but she was almost five now and she was a very smart child. Some things she had figured out on her own. Jack assured her that he was not going to die and he was trying to get up to show her that he was okay but Janet had seen what he was doing and knew that he would try to get up. She was there with her hand on his chest also telling him that he was not getting out of that bed until she told him that he could. That caused him to grumble and Lauren to laugh; even she knew that if he was complaining he was getting better.

Janet went back over to Harry and brought up a 3D hologram of his internal body and started working on him, she removes quite a lot of deposits from his heart and the arteries going to his brain and legs, she found some that were restricting the blood supply to his kidneys also. It took several hours for her to remove everything that needed to be taken care of. He was feeling much better right away once she had cleared the heart area but he wasn’t able to watch as she did what she was doing. He closed his eyes and George told him that he would be back as soon as Gracie told him that he was finished.

Janet was having the time of her life removing the things that needed to be taken out by pointing at it in the hologram and watching as it disappeared. There were several other things that she needed to repair while she was in there and she was very pleased at how easy it was to perform the micro surgery without causing any pain to her patient. Jack was ready to go about the same time as Harry was. George had Harry beamed up to the moon base where he was so that he could give him some answers.

Gracie was setting at table with George when Harry transported in. She had replicated the house that they had lived in for so many years before she had died. Harold was a little surprised to see the house in the same way as when he had last seen it. Supper was on the table but Gracie didn’t have a plate on her side of the table. George was telling Harry that Gracie was an artificially intelligent computer that was in charge of the security of Boar’a and Earth now and how she had taken the personality of his late wife making and exact copy of her for him.

It took a while to explain the machines that they had found and how they worked. He told him that his daughter and grand daughters were living on Boar’a at the ranch that he was starting. He had everything but the horses which was what he needed Harry to get for him. All the horses that they had brought back with them were at his ranch already with the O’Neill horses in a pasture where they could be easily gotten to if they wanted to ride them until they finished their house and the barn and got the fences put up.

George told Harry that he had someone that he wanted him to meet. They were transported down to the planet again to the monastery where Gracie was translating for the two of them letting them know what Brother Koe was saying as they went through a few hands of poker with the elder monk.

Koe was telling George that he was one of the Guardians, and that Jack and Sam were also along with their clones John and Jennifer. What had surprised him was that Lauren also had the pure white aura of a Guardian just like her adopted Mother and Father. He told George that she was even more powerful than all the rest but she was still too young to take on any of the positions of a Guardian. She needed to be a child for a long time to come before she could be burdened with the responsibility of a Guardian.

That was how he had known to bring Jack back to the Monastery and to start the treatments that cured his cancer and gave him the abilities to become a Guardian. Koe told him that anybody else that took the bitter broth would have a few of the benefits from the drug but nothing like Jack and Sam would have. He told George that he was a Guardian also but he wasn’t as strong as the others although he was still a very important part of the system, he just wouldn’t have the same abilities as the others. George didn’t mind this much, he had been on the administrative end of things for so long now that he didn’t mind remaining in that position and this way he could still have all the other benefits and Gracie.

It took several trips to bring the horses using both Mom and Angel who were keeping the horses in the transporter buffer for the trip to Boar’a as well as all the feed that was needed and the medicines to keep them healthy. There were people on Boar’a that were veterinarians but they knew nothing about horses and would need to learn.

Jack told Harry that he couldn’t say anything about any of this to anybody, not even his wife but he did give him a cell phone that would be able to call him through the subspace relays between Earth and Boar’a. All this took several weeks to complete with Harry calling his wife while on one of the trips to Earth letting her know that he was out on a business trip with George.

Jack was completely healed when they finished bringing all the stock and supplies back to Boar’a when he got a call from Earth letting him know that something had happened to his Daughter.

Augusta.

Augusta Dreadfulwater had made the journey to Colorado Springs to see her friend who was about to graduate from the Air Force Academy. She wanted to see her before she was shipped out to some remote area of the world that was too hard to pronounce for her training. She come to town a month before the graduation and had a small apartment so she could spend time with her friend. Judy had told her she would be shipped off to a remote area to do her training in the specialization.

Augusta was working in a coffee shop at the mall to help pay some of her expenses and have a little spending money. Her Dad was a plumber and made a fair living for his family but her small town in Oklahoma did not afford too much of a high standard of living with so small a population. Augusta did what she could to help out so that her Dad didn’t have to pay for everything.

She was now twenty two years old with a beautiful light copper complexion thanks to her Dad being a quarter Cherokee Indian. She had long black hair and brown eyes which did not show much of her mother’s very Irish side at all. Mom was five foot six with red hair and blue eyes and the temper of the Irish that went with it.

She was cleaning her tables when a man in his early forties came in. Normally she didn't go for the older men but this was not an ordinary older man. He was trim and fit like he was used to a lot of physical activity, but he was not a man that would be doing manual labor either, he was a born leader of people and he exude the persona.

His hair was brown with a hint of gray at the temples. He was wearing a tee shirt and a tight pair of jeans that was giving her a superb view of his tight strong butt as he ordered his coffee and a donut. When he turned to her he looked strait into her eyes without backing down like most of the other men she new and he smiled.

Augusta was drooling; she was looking into the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. She knew a lot of men with brown eyes but he was not just a brown eyed man he had dark chocolate eyes that oozed sensuality.

He spoke to her with a deep tenor voice that commanded attention but was not harsh with her. “Excuse me Ma’am, but you have been cleaning that table for seven minuets and I think its clean now.”

Augusta stopped wiping the table and looked embarrassed that she had been caught looking at him and daydreaming. She was about to leave when he asked her if she could stay for a while.
She went to the back to clock out for her break and was back in a flash.

Jack usually didn't go for the younger girls preferring to stay with his own age group so that the kids could do their thing with other young people. He wasn't a cradle robber but he was drawn to this girl and she seemed to like him for some reason that he couldn't think of. What would a pretty young girl want with on old war horse like him?

Augusta learned that his name was Jack O’Neill, he was retired military. She got to know him and mentioned that her car was giving her some problems during one of the conversations which led to him being in the parking lot after she got off that afternoon so that he could help.

She was supposed to meet with Judy that afternoon but this was much better than going to the mall to window shop. From that day on he was a regular at the coffee shop while she was working; she thought he was never going to ask her out even though she was dropping hints like crazy about the things she would like to do.

One afternoon he told her that he was going to a Hockey game, she had told him that she had never been to one. He finally asked her if she would be interested in going with him which she jumped on. It wasn’t the most romantic date she had ever been on but at least she was going somewhere with this man that she was having all kinds of wicked fantasies about and those same fantasies were not going away.

She didn't really like the hockey game but he did take her to a nice restraint later that evening where she had the best meal she could remember, along with a few too many drinks. Not enough to cause her a problem but it did relax her more and she could not help herself when she leaned over and kissed him.

Six months later Jack was recalled to active duty and her father was complaining that he needed her back in Stillwell to answer the phone and take care of the bookwork. She hadn’t told her father about Jack fearing that he would come to Colorado and try to make the man that was sleeping with his little girl do the honorable thing.

Jack had told her about his son that had died because of his gun and it was a terrible thing for her to see the hurt and total loss in his eyes as he cried while telling her. He didn’t open up all that much to her but that one moment was all that she needed to know that she would love him for the rest of her life.

When he went active she knew that he could be gone for months at a time and decided to go back home with her family. She told him that she was leaving which was hard on both of them but it needed to be done. She was not going to tell him that he was going to be a father again, not at this time anyway. She would tell him later if he was ever around.

Annie

Andrea Lynn O’Neill was born seven months later to a loving mother and doting grandparents. Augusta had kept in touch with Jack over the years but she had never told him that he had a daughter living with her in Oklahoma.

Almost seven years later she finally decided that it was time Annie met her father for the first time and sent him a letter with Annie’s picture. Unfortunately Jack got the letter the day he was told that he had cancer and he never opened it. He had it in his pocket when he went through the Stargate for the last time from Earth.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ka’tin had been outlawed and marked for death by Ba’al for botching a simple job of gathering host from a backwater planet. Ba’al didn't know that SG1 was on that planet and he never would know now that he was trying to kill the only person that could give him that information.

Ka’tin knew that the only way to get his reputation back was to bring in the heads of the famous SG1 or better yet bring them in alive and auction them off to the highest bidder showing Ba’al up and gaining himself a fortune at the same time.

Jack had told Kell his best friend about Annie and how he wished that he could have gone to see her. Ka’tin had accessed this information and was going to use it to his advantage. He couldn't get back to Boar’a, there was a holographic image that came aboard his cloaked vassal that warned him to leave this space or he would be destroyed. Several shots fired across his bow letting him know that he would not survive if he went close to Boar’a.

Ka’tin changed directions while he was being harassed in his head by this monk who kept telling him that he would be judged by the real God for the things that he did and reciting prayers which drove Ka’tin almost over the edge. If he had any other choice he would have taken it over a monk, but as it was he was lucky that he was able to transfer host so quickly or he would have been one dead Goa’uld at the hands of Jack O’Neill. His former host was stabbed through the heart with a sword and his head was cut off right after he left the body and entered this host or he would have been cut in half.

When Ka’tin got to Earth he had a real problem, he couldn’t scan the planet of several billion people for one child. The next problem was that he did not have a map of the planet that would let him know where Stillwell Oklahoma was, it was just one big green and blue mass to him with some brown spots here and there.

He went down to the surface to asked directions. His English was poor to say the least and he was wearing a monks robes. He felt it was best to go as the monk rather then with weapons in order to get information.

The people of Earth used rather strange methods of directions and he was told several times to go south till he gets to Joe’s old barn that burned down six years ago then go left till he gets to rout something then go East about five hundred miles then he would be in Oklahoma.

This did not make any sense to him at all. He didn't know where Joe’s old barn had been and he did not know what a mile was. He finally told them to point in the direction that he needed to go as a strait line. Several people pointed in different directions but he was given a general idea as to which way he was going. It took him two weeks time on this planet to get where he wanted to go.

He found that the moving transport that had the lights that were blue and red with some yellow on them and were colored black with white on the doors gave the best information but they carried weapons and he had to kill most of them after extracting what he wanted to know.

He disposed of his latest guide when he got to Stillwell because the patrolman did not know where to find the O’Neill girl then traded him for a local sheriff. The sheriff knew where Annie was located and was persuaded to take Ka’tin there personally.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Annie's grandpa had held her eyes shut until she was all the way outside before letting her see her new birthday present. She had just turned seven and gave a squeal of happiness as she ran to play on the newest toy that her grandpa had made for her.

Annie was playing in the back yard on her swing set that her grandfather had just built for her.
It was made of timber with a tree house built into the top layer, there was a slide coming down from the tree house that landed by the swing set and monkey bars.

He had built her a play house a year ago that was complete with a table and chairs and a small kitchen. It had taken a month for his back to recover after stooping over in the small house for several weeks while building and decorating it.

Annie was not at all spoiled, but she did have a very loving family that made her very happy.
Augusta told the little girls to go out and play while she got the cake and ice cream ready for Annie’s birthday party. There were two other mothers there that were helping to corral all of the children. It wasn’t easy trying to keep up with ten, seven year olds that were excited and soon to be sugared up.

Judy had come by for the party while she was on vacation and to give Augusta some of her normal gossip. It seems that she was now working in a top secret facility that was doing deep space telemetry in Colorado Springs again and the main gossip was about Jack O’Neill, he had developed cancer and left the base. A team had been sent to bring him home dead or alive but not under arrest, they just wanted him to come home so that he could be buried with his son and so that his friends could be with him till the end.

That had been almost a year ago and now the commander of the base was being replaced apparently so he could join with Jack and his team on another top secret base far away. They still could be contacted though and Augusta was relieved to learn that his cancer was cured while at the same time thinking of Annie and what if she developed this cancer from his side of the family. This gave her even more of a reason to track down Jack and ask him why he hadn’t answered her letter. It had broken her heart that he had not come to see Annie yet, was it just because he didn’t care or was he too busy to stop and come by. She was determined that he would be at least a figure in her life if not a father which she had not let happen by not telling him before.

All the girls were eating their cake and ice cream when a man walked into the front door without knocking and demanded to know which child was the O’Neill child. The children ran off screaming while Augusta and Judy confronted the man. Annie went outside to get her grandpa while two of the other girls tagged along. The other girls were hiding in the play house with the door locked. Don Dreadfulwater was in his tool shed working on the lawnmower when Annie and the two girls burst in babbling about a man in the living room with her Mom.

Augusta and Judy were telling the man to leave now before they called the sheriff then she saw that the sheriff was already there but in no shape to help them. He was lying dead on the front porch. Judy punched the man hard and kicked him in the knee but he turned at the last moment and deflected the blow so that it didn’t do any damage to his leg. Augusta grabbed the knife that she had used to cut the cake with swinging it and cutting him across his stomach but it wasn’t a deep cut. He slapped both women hard knocking them out as he headed for the back door where the children had run. Just before he left the room though he set a piece of paper on the table where it would be easily seen.

Don swung the ax like he was felling a large post oak tree but the man just stopped the blade from reaching its destination by hitting the handle below were the head of the ax was attached.
He grabbed the improvised weapon while slapping the other end taking the weapon out of Don’s hands and hitting him with the blunt side across the forehead. Don dropped like a rock making the girls scream. Annie didn't care about the man she ran to her Grandpa and hugged him, he was bleeding where the man had hit him with the side of the ax. Her Grandma’s and even if she didn't know it her Dad's Irish came through then and she started hitting the man as hard as her little arms could swing.

Ka’tin didn't know which child was the O’Neill child so he scooped the little one that had the temper then quickly moved over to where the other two were. He wrapped his arms around all three children and activated his ring transporter. Augusta and Judy were just coming out the back door when they saw the ring transporter activate. Augusta didn't know what to think as her child and two others just disappeared into thin air. Judy did know what was going on and told her to look after her father while she made a phone call.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Don was in a chair holding a cold bag to his head in just a little while but before he regained conciseness Judy had told Augusta not to say anything about what she said were ring transporters. The National Guard was at the house in ten minuets and a medic was sent in to check on the injured. The children were told that it was a scary joke that someone had pulled but everything was okay.

Colonel Jim Farris was at the house in two hours with a group of men that looked very dangerous and he was asking all kinds of questions. The body of the Sheriff had been covered and the other children had been taken out the back door to be taken home.

When Colonel Farris had been told that the attack was aimed at the O’Neill child and her relation to Jack, he had called the control room to send a message to Jack telling him that his daughter had been taken by a Goa’uld.

Jack.

Jack got the news about Annie within minuets through a subspace relay that was setup along the way to Earth for communications. He told Angel to gather Sam and Lauren and to make best speed to Earth. The trip to Earth didn’t take long but finding the small town in Oklahoma did. Angel used the radio transmitter that Colonel Ferris was using to talk to his troops to locate the house.

Jack had given Sam a brief explanation of what and who Annie was. Sam was a little shocked to find out that Jack had another child by another woman and that he had failed to tell her anything about it which a simple ‘I forgot’ would not cover.

The two of them beamed down to the house leaving Lauren with Angel for the moment. Augusta was shocked to see Jack just appear in her living room with a blond woman, Judy acted like it was an everyday thing for her.

Jack gave Augusta a hug which caused her to break down into tears again. She didn't notice the blond woman was shooting daggers through Jack’s back but Judy did. She took Sam into the other room to show her the letter and Jack was close behind them while Augusta was wiping her tears away. Sam knew the letter was Goa’uld but she couldn’t translate it. Jack took the letter reading it carefully. He contacted Angel telling her to transport them to the SGC.

Augusta was a little shocked to see that she was in a concrete building with no windows and not in her living room anymore. She was looking at Jack seeing that he had changed a lot from the time she has spent with him, his hair was now long and dark almost a black but just a few shades lighter. His hair was almost as long as hers now and he didn't have the look of someone that had seen too many things they did not want to see ever a gain.

There were fewer lines and he looked even stronger than he did eight years ago. He actually looked like he was younger by several years than the last time she had seen him. She was staring at him again and some of those memories that she saw at night came back to her, the good ones that made her smile in the morning and not want to get out of bed.

Sam saw that Augusta was staring at her husband and didn’t like the look this very pretty younger woman was giving him. She was almost drooling over him and it was causing Sam want to defend her property. She had fought hard to get him back and she was not going to loose him to an old girlfriend or any other woman.

Jack contacted Angel and had his weapons harness transported down to him. It appeared next to him in a second; he bent down and picked it up putting it on. August saw it appear and was wondering what was happening, she watched as he put it on noticing that it was bristling with weapons like swords and whips but nothing more than a bladed weapon. The whips had a blade attached to the end of them which looked very sharp making her wander what kind of things he had been doing. She knew he was Special Forces trained and one of the deadliest men that she had ever seen or heard of.

She knew him as a very kind and loving person but she had seen the look in his eye when he was pushed too far by a stranger who had been hitting on her for a date telling her to leave grandpa home in his wheelchair and go have some fun. The man never knew what happened; it was over so quickly that anybody that wasn’t looking directly at them would have missed the move that had the younger man down and out. August didn’t like the man and was glad to see Jack protect her but it had frightened her to see him change so quickly from a kind and caring person to someone that could kill in a second without even thinking about it. She smiled thinking that after he had done that he told her that he needed to get back to his rocking chair and take a nap.
The man on the ground would think twice about calling someone old again.

Jack had contacted Angel telling her to transport Lauren down to them. She appeared in a second next to Sam. August watched as a young girl of about four appeared next to the blond woman that kept giving her strange looks and seemed to be having a hard time accepting her.
The little girl had long blond hair and blue eyes like the blond woman making her think that she was her mother.

“Mommy, Daddy!”

The girl was reaching for Jack so that he could pick her up. Now Augusta knew that this woman was Jack’s wife and they had a daughter together. Jack was kissing her and gave her a big hug then he whispered in her ear. She looked a little sad but she hugged him and told him to be careful. He walked over to Sam and kissed her telling her that he was going after Annie and to take care of herself and their baby while he was gone.

Augusta had to laugh as the child tore into him. “I am not a baby, I’m a big girl, I drink out of a glass like a big girl, and I don't even wet the bed anymore so don't call me a baby!”

Jack was laughing and both Sam and Augusta knew that he had done this to lighten the mood and it was working very well. He sat her down on the ground and hugged her again telling them goodbye.

Then he turned to August. “I'm going to get Annie back.”

August had goose bumps hearing the simple statement. He had that look in his eye that told her that he was at his deadliest. She pulled him into a hug. “Jack, bring our baby home; please. I couldn't stand to loose her, she’s all I have in this life, please.” August knew that she was begging and she also knew that Jack could never resist a crying woman.

Sam was having a hard time watching her husband comforting this other woman, Augusta had larger breasts and was younger than she was which only made her that much more jealous of her. Jack let go of her and came back to her and Lauren telling them again that he loved them then he left the room.

Sam set Lauren on the ground and asked her to read the letter for her. August was wondering why she was having a very young girl read something to her and was wondering if she was illiterate. When she picked up the letter she started talking in a language that August didn’t understand.

“Lauren, translate it into English so I can understand it, you know that I don't speak Goa'uld very well.”

Lauren was giggling but she translated the letter telling them that it was from Ka'tin and that if he wanted to see his child again he would need to go to the address listed below and there was a filter so that no advanced technology would be allowed, not even his projectile weapons would make it through. It also said that if he didn’t come he would use the child as a host, it was going to be just the two of them to settle this matter, then he would hunt down the rest of SG1 to be sold to Ba'al or the highest bidder.

Sam went pale and started shaking. Jack was going to a Goa'uld occupied planet full of Ashrack to get his daughter back and he was all alone. She knew that he would have risk his life for any child but this was his daughter, he wouldn’t let another of his children die even if it meant dieing himself. Jack would do everything in his power to get Annie back.

“Mommy, Daddy's going through the Stargate now.”

Augusta went over to the window that the little girl was looking through to see a large ring with what looked like water but it was standing on end. Jack drew a long sword then dove through the water looking stuff in the first half of a roll, but he was nowhere around when the water vanished.

Sam started to think of what it would be like to have this happen to Lauren then she thought what Jack would do to get her back. She already knew the answer to that question though because it was the same as what she would do to get him or their daughter back. She then decided that it would not be good to prejudge anything. She called Angel and asked her to beam all of them up so they could go back to Boar'a.

Ashrack.

Jack rolled through the event horizon and onto the steps of the planet that Ka'tin had specified that he came to. By going through the Stargate he would be on the planet weeks before Ka'tin could return by space ship. The only ships that could make that distance sooner was the ships at the Boar'a base or the Asgard and even their ships were not as fast as Angel or Blue Thunder.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam had said that she couldn't live without him and he had said the same thing about her. She knew that John was very lonely and the only person that he would ever want was her. When she had the clone created she told her that her Jack was off limits to her so she had better stick to the younger version of Jack. She had basically agreed with herself and now John and Jennifer were inseparable. Jack was expecting little O'Neill's soon at the rate they were going.

Jack, Sam and Lauren along with General Hammond, Teal'c, Daniel and Saren his young wife who was heavy with child attended their wedding that was preformed by Brother Koe two months ago. All of this flashed through his mind as he came through the gate then it was time to fight and stay alive so he would be able to get his baby girl back that he had never seen yet.

Three staff blast hit the wall behind the Stargate where he would have been standing if he had walked through the gate. He swung the Katana low taking one of the Jaffa off at the ankles then he came up under the armor of a second Jaffa stabbing him in the heart before he could move his staff weapon into a defensive position. He rolled to the right as a staff weapon came crashing down where had just been. He was on his feet in a flash splitting the Jaffa's head down the middle. Jack pulled his sword free quickly searching the room for any more enemies but found no more.

He had the feeling that he was being watched though. He cleaned his sword off and sheathed it taking the zat and a staff weapon then used the zat shooting the bodies and weapons three time causing them to disintegrate. He couldn't do anything about the blood all over the floor and himself but it was at least he felt better about taking care of the dead and destroying weapons that could be used against him later.

He worked his way down the hall outside the room carefully to avoid problems while looking for a Goa'uld version of a bathroom so he could get at least some of the drying blood off himself.
It didn’t take too long to find a restroom to clean up in and he was glad that even a Jaffa had to Pee and drop their armor now and then. A Goa'uld might profess to be a god but they needed to take a crap like everybody else. He was snickering at the thought of Ba'al on a different kind of thrown and wondering if it was golden and had hieroglyphics all over it when the attack came. He turned and pushed the hand holding the knife out of the way then he threw the person hard to the ground as he took the knife out of the hand. He was about to stick it in their throat when he saw that it was a woman and he did not feel the presence of a Goa'uld. This was a human and she was not a Jaffa. He checked the stroke pulling it back and smiled down at this person. It was a woman of what he presumed was Asian heritage and about mid twenties if he wasn't mistaken.

She didn't look like any Lo'tar that he had ever seen so he let her up but was careful that she could not attack him again. She smiled at him then spoke in a language that he couldn't understand in rapid fire questions. She pointed to the whips and the other weapons that he was wearing. Then she said a word that he did understand, Ka'tin.

She wanted to know if he was with him or against him. He got across that he was here to kill Ka'tin but that he wanted the host kept alive. He was going to do everything in his power to get Kell back which was Ka'tin's present host along with his daughter. If it came down to one or the other he knew deep down that he would regret his having to make the choice but his daughter would win without a second thought. She was just a baby and Ka'tin had taken her from him before he had even had a chance to meet her sealing the snake’s fate.

He would have taken Kell back to Janet so that she could remove Ka'tin but now he had done something that was never good, he had pissed off Jack O'Neill.

The woman was gesturing for him to follow her, which he did but with his short swords drawn and ready for action. They traveled through side passages and low tunnels which Jack knew were secret passages through the temple until they were outside. He pulled his sunglasses out of his shirt pocket putting them on which caused the woman to look at him with curiosity wandering what he was putting on his face and covering his eyes with. She looked closely and she could see his eyes through the things on his face so she knew that he could see out but she really missed looking into his eyes. They were just the same as most of the people on the planet but there was so much more in those eyes, they were the windows to his soul and they went deep.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Augusta was starting to get used to finding herself suddenly in a different room, this one was brightly lit and the child went over to a game of marbles that was already in play as another child appeared. This one had long dark hair and seemed to be about the same age as the small blond child. She went to the woman asking if this was another one of her and Jack’s children.

“No, that is a holographic image of Angel that she uses to play with Lauren.”

“Okay, now I know the name of Jack and your child but who is Angel?” Sam could not help but smile at the woman that was a part of Jack’s past.

She held out her hand and introduced herself. “Sorry about that, I'm Samantha O'Neill and as you have figured out this is Lauren.”

“Angel is the artificially intelligent being that runs this ship.”

“An artificially intelligent ship?”

“Angel, best speed to Boar'a, please.”

“Yes, this is a space ship and Angel runs it.”

The little girl with the long dark hair looked up and smiled at her. “Welcome aboard Thor's Hammer.”

“But she is just a child?”

“No, that's just the image of a child that she projects while playing with Lauren.”

“I'm so confused by all of this, is Jack human or is he a space alien of some sort?”

Sam looked a little amused by the question and gave her another smile as she answered.

“Well, Jack and I are both one hundred percent human although both of us have been blended with an alien for a short while, but your daughter was born long before that happened.”

“So answering your underlying question, yes your daughter is pure human.”

“Lauren is human also but she is from another planet and we just adopted her last year.”

That was another surprise to Augusta. “But she looks just like you.”

“Yes she does, and I'm so proud of her.”

“What was the language she was speaking earlier, is that her native language?”

'No, it was Goa'uld and it was the language that was on the paper, she was playing with me as she read it.”

Sam knew that August needed answers and something to keep her from thinking about her daughter so she took her into the dinning area and got her some chocolate cake and milk.

Then telling her the long story of how Logie which she then had to tell her what an Asgard was with Angel’s help in showing her what an Asgard looked like. She told her that Logie had given her the ability to speak most of the languages of Earth plus a few others like Goa'uld and Asgard, along with the ability to do Physics as well as she could and she had a PHD in the subject.

August was smiling now and some of the worry was easing a little but it would not be gone until she had Annie back in her arms again. “I remember finding Jack’s doctoral thesis one day and wondering why he kept it put away in an old trunk and not on the wall.”

Sam's jaw was banging around on the floor. “You found, what?!!”

“His doctoral thesis, he has a PHD in Quantum Physics along with a masters in astronomy and English literature.”

He was the one that explained string theory so I could understand it and helped get my degree but it was all done through the mail and on the phone and I never once said anything about Annie.

Sam thought she was going to faint. “Angel, did you know about this?”

“Yes, but he asked that I not tell you, he likes to listen to you explain things to him. He said that if you explain it slowly with small words then if gives you a chance to see other options and analyze the risk much better.”

“We are in orbit around Boar’a; would you like to go to the moon base or to the base on the planet?”

Sam was still in shock but she was able to answer. “We need to go to the moon base so we can tell George what has happened.” He might not be a General anymore but she still trusted his judgment and treasured his advice like everybody that ever served under his command.

They all three beamed down to the moon base where they were met by George and the base hologram of his wife Gracie.

Lauren ran up and jumped into his arms squealing with laughter as he started tickling her. She was trying to get away when he turned her around where he could get a kiss and hug.

“Love you Grampa George.” The man turned to goo then and there; she had him so wrapped around her finger that he would jump over a tall building like superman if she asked him to.

His daughter and grandchildren were living on the planet with him but he still spent most of his days on the moon base if he wasn’t working his horse rance and Gracie never left his side. She could run the base defenses from the planet as well as from the base itself.

“George, we have a problem.” He became suddenly very serous listing to every word.

“This is Augusta, she lived with Jack for a while before we went back to get Daniel and the Stargate program was started again. When the program started back up she left knowing that Jack wouldn't be home for months at a time, but she didn’t tell him that she had a child by him until she sent him a letter with a picture of her just before he left the base for Boar’a the first time.”

“He told Kell about their daughter before he was taken as a host by Ka'tin, now Ka'tin has kidnapped her and taken her to an Ashrack controlled planet. Jack went to the planet to get her back. Ka'tin said in a letter that he wanted Jack one on one and then he would get SG1 one at a time.”

George Hammond was not happy about any of this news. He knew that Jack was a very capable fighter but he really didn't like it that he was on the planet by himself.

“Do we have the address?”

“Yes, and Angel has already located the planet.”

Gracie spoke up for the first time during the conversation. “I will transfer control to the base computer on the planet so I can take one of the larger ships.”

“Janet and Cassy can go with us, that way she will have everything she will need.”

“Fine, Daniel won't be able to go, he needs to stay with Saren now and Teal'c is with the free Jaffa helping them work out a dispute, but everybody else should be ready in a few minuets.”

Sam had a question for Gracie. “What happens to the A.I. that’s on board the ship already?”

“I will transport it into this computer but it will stay asleep unless it is needed and then it will take over the duties here.”

They were transported to the ship docks in front of a monster of a ship where George was asked to name the ship. It took him some time and a few suggestions from the others which he had John and Jennifer there along with Daniel, Saren, Janet and Cassy.

It finally downed on him as the perfect name for this ship. “This ship could hold the destiny of the universe in its power, so I want to name it; Universal Destiny.”

The name was emblazoned across the hull with a nebula as the background.

“Janet, Cassy, you will both be riding with me. Sam, take Augusta with you. John you and Jennifer wait for Teal’c to get back then follow us. Word has been sent to the rebel Jaffa that Teal’c is needed so he should be back soon.”

“Let’s move people!”

Rebels.

Jack followed the young woman to a building that looked long abandoned and was in a great deal of disrepair. He knew this was a trap but he knew also that these people were not Goa'uld making them his best chance to possibly get some help. Before he entered the building he stopped the young woman handing her the staff weapon and zat then he took off his weapons harness handing that to her also. He then walked into the building in front of her leaving her with a wondering look on her face.

He was surrounded with a couple of staff weapons and a large assortment of swords, spears and other hand weapons. He had his hands in the air showing them that he was surrendering and that he did not have a Goa'uld hand device on.

They started asking him questions in their languages that he was not able to understand. He tried several languages himself, even Goa'uld but it seemed that it was not the main language spoken there which he found very interesting. Usually it was the first thing they did was converting the locals to their language so they could understand their orders and follow them or die trying.

He was getting frustrated with them keeping him under guard which never took their weapon off of him letting him know that if he moved wrong he would be dead. The young woman came back over to him to try to get any kind of information out of him that she could. He finally decided that there was only one way he could get his message across to her. He motioned her forward then slowly put his hand along the side of her face then on around to the back of her head just behind her left ear. He closed his eyes sending images of Kell taking his child in the transporter rings with two other children bringing them here and making them into host.

She knew that he was here to get his child back from the Ashrack and he would do anything in his power to get her safe back into the arms of her mother, although she sensed that he wanted to hold the child himself and to get to know her. She disengaged herself from his hand and said something to the guards which lowered their weapons.

She went out of the room for a moment then returned with his weapons harness and handed it to him. The woman was jabbering to the others about what he had done when he first came through the Stargate to the three Jaffa that were trying to kill him. She gestured to the Katana that was on the belt and was trying to show them what he did. Trying to get him to show them what he had done.

Then pointed to the katana in what he determined was asking permission to see the weapon. He unsheathed the weapon handing it to her for inspection.

She felt the weight and balance of the weapon, then tried to imitate some of the moves he and done in the room with the Jaffa doing a fairly good job of it. Jack was looking around the room, seeing some sticks that were about the right thickness. He motioned that he would like to cut the sticks which he got the nod to do so.

He used the katana to make two quick cuts which was impressive in itself but what he got was two sticks that were the same size as the katana. They were even more impressed when he put the sticks up to the Katana and all three pieces were the same size in length.

He sheathed the sword then handed one of the sticks to the girl taking the other one showing her how to hold it properly. He was showing her how to use the practice sword when the other people of the group got the idea.

In the images he took from the woman told him that Ka'tin had used the katana and the whips to take control of the Ashrack council of this planet. The process was simple, kill the top guy and you take his place as the leader.

He also saw that these people were trying to free their friends that had been taken as host by the Ashrack by killing them when they could. They had lost several good people trying to take out the evil ones. The Ashrack were devastating their numbers with every attempt to kill one of them.

Jack used hand signals to ask them if they had gotten any of the Goa'uld hand devices from the few they had killed already. One of the men nodded that they had and he motioned for someone to bring it. It wasn't as good as the gauntlets that he was now used to using but it was better than nothing and it would give him an advantage that he did not have until that moment. While that person was going for the device Jack showed them a kata to use with the practice sword to help then learn more about it. The young woman he had first met was the fastest learner and she was getting pretty good for a beginner.

Learning.

Sam took Augusta to the room they did all of their target practice in to outfit her with the gauntlets. Lauren was right there with her jumping up and down with excitement at the idea that she was going to get to play target practice with her Mom again. Sam thought it would be a good idea to show Augusta what the gauntlets could do first so she had Lauren go at three of the targets with full shields of course but she was still very impressed that the little girl was blocking the shots from the targets very well anyway.

Sam put a set on Augusta telling her they were artificially intelligent devices just like all of the other equipment that was being used. They would automatically protect her but for these exercises the automatic portion was turned off so she would have to tell the devices where to shield and to shoot the targets that were moving very quickly. She thought about it for a moment then asked Angel to show the image that had been made of the match they had all participated in together.

The door opened before she could show Augusta the image and Romeo came into the room to stand between Lauren and this new human that he didn't know. Augusta had a German Shepard herself and she was very impressed that the dog was being so protective of Lauren and the obvious intelligence of the dog. Sam introduced him to Augusta and he walked over to be petted. Augusta made a big deal of cooing at him and loving on the big dog so he decided that this was a good human and he would accept her as long as she did not try to hurt his human puppy.

Sam showed her the match which Angel had let Lauren put on the gauntlets and she had won the match with the final shot causing everybody to cheer for her and it had made her day along with Jack’s when he saw the match later.

Sam set the targets so that they were not moving very fast and did not have hardly any sting at all with their shots, giving August a chance to adjust to what the devices could do. As she got better at the use the speed increased and the challenge got bigger as well as the punishment for failing.

Augusta was determined that she could learn this new thing and saw that it would be a big advantage in the fight to get Annie back. She also knew that if she had the chance to go to the planet to help Jack get their child back, nothing was going to hold her back.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

John had told Daniel about what had happened with Ka'tin taking Annie which he told to Saren. She was Eight months pregnant now and Janet had told that she should stay at home now until the baby was born. She knew that Daniel wanted to be with Jack to help his team. She told him that with Janet going to the planet with George she should be with her, that way if anything happened she was right there. She also told him that there was no place safer than on board the ships so it would not hurt for them to go along.

When Teal'c made it back to the planet he brought his son Rya'c and Master Brata'c with him.
They had insisted on coming along when they had heard what had happened to Jack's daughter.

John and Jennifer beamed everybody onboard making best speed to catch up with the others.
It didn’t take too long for the ships to exit out of the rolling transport, cloaked above the planet. Angel, Mom and Gracie all saw the same thing at the same time. This planet had an energy field in the atmosphere that would interrupt any transport or communications signal leaving only one way to do anything and that was to take a ship down to the surface.

Angel came up with the solution a millisecond before the other two ships found the answer. If a powerful enough transmitter were on the planet it could make communications possible but it still would not allow for beaming and the communications would be distorted.

Augusta asked Angel why she didn't make a body for herself instead of using a holographic image which she replied that a solid body was not necessary most of the time. It would actually slow her down but she could transfer her conciseness partially into an android body that could be used to help on the planet.

Angel went quiet for a few minuets then the door opened and a woman about five foot eight with the dark complexion of an American Indian with a Spanish mix came into the room.
Her hair was long and black with highlights of red mixed in when it was seen in the light.
She had a strait long thin nose and high cheekbones. She was a beautiful woman and Sam was the first to respond.

“Angel?”

She nodded her affirmative. “This is the true image of Angela Hernandez the person that Jack called Angel which by the way is what she told him to call her.”

Sam gave it a thought. “Jack said that he never met Angel.”

“He just didn't remember meeting her; she came to his hospital room after he returned from one of his missions that had gone bad while he was in Germany recuperating. He was delirious at the time and did not remember that she stayed in his room for nearly a week while he recuperated. When he was coming out of it she gave him a kiss and told him that she would meet him in his dreams. He learned that she was killed in a missile attack aimed at taking out communications at the command level and it had really saddened him, he had whispered that he would always remember his angel from above at her funeral.”

“While he was out of it she had talked quite a bit about herself because she didn't have a lot of other things to discuss but he remembers all of it although he only has bits and pieces come to the surface now and then, she was a big influence on his life and that’s why he called me Angel.”

Angel picked up a pen and started drawing small oblong circles then putting a figure eight on top of the circle, Sam asked her what she was doing. “This was one of the things that Jack remembered most about his friend. On one of his more lucid days he asked her what she was doing, she told him that she was just drawing flies. He had laughed at the double meaning which was right up his ally as far as humor went.”

Sam had seen Jack doing this a lot in his doodles at the briefings and he always had a far away look in his eye like he was remembering something or someone very important to him. Sam realized that there were a lot of things that she would never be able to drag out of her husband and that he had a lot things that hurt him to the core and this was one of them. She knew that he remembered a lot more than even Angel realized and the emotions ran so deep in him.

Angel put on a set of the gauntlets telling Sam that she had always wanted to see what she could do against the targets and asked her to join in. Augusta and Lauren backed away from the two women as they got ready to go into a high level training session where the targets were at a very strong sting level and moving at top speed.

Lauren was getting excited that she was going to watch her Mom and this new form of Angel going against the targets. Romeo wasn't so sure he liked the tension in the air and Augusta wasn’t sure what was happening.

Angel put up a force field to protect the viewers that could not be penetrated in either direction but it was open to the door so they could leave if they wanted to. There were chairs along the wall and when Mom the A.I. Unit on Blue Thunder realized what was going on she told the others which beamed over right away to see the show.

Teal'c got his special training staff so he could join in the game while Rya'c and Master Brata'c watched having never seen this kind of combat before, they were getting a little excited themselves.

Everyone took seats as the targets started moving around at a high rate of speed. The targets were only about the size of a standard baseball making them very hard to hit as they were zipping around the room.

Rya'c and Master Brata'c were watching with fascination as two of the people they knew very well went into combat mode. Teal'c's staff fired a lower charge so that it didn't destroy the targets and it had the ability to block the shots from the targets as well as the gauntlets.

Both of the Jaffa watching were very impressed at the speed at which he was able to move the staff blocking firing and dodging and some times he would fire the gauntlets with one hand while firing the staff weapon with the other or blocking and firing at the same time.

The two women were also very impressive with the dark haired one moving at a speed that he was having a hard time following. Sam wasn't quite as fast as she was but she was doing a serous amount of damage to the targets that was on par with Teal'c.

Teal'c came up with a new move where he took his staff weapon in both hands and blocked while using the gauntlets to fire two shots then he was weaving it in a very fast figure eight pattern while firing the gauntlets.

The game was soon over with the last target being hit for the last time. The two Jaffa congratulated Teal'c on his fine performance and asking to be outfitted with the gauntlets and staff weapons for this training exercise.

Augusta now knew what these weapons had the possibility of doing and was even more determined to perfect it so that she would be able to help liberate her daughter.

Lauren was going to join in but of course she had full shielding and she knew that she would need to stay away from the other players so that she didn’t interfere with them. If she got too close her shield would stop the staff weapons and cause that person to take a hit.

Angel started them off at a moderate speed which made them work hard to shoot and defend themselves but that was what it took to make them better.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Kell would have Ka'tin turn on the monitor so that he could watch the children when he got sleepy. It was one of the times that Kell could take some control over the body but even that was limited but he was able to influence Ka'tin enough to make sure that the children were safe and well taken care of. He would tell Ka'tin that if anything happened to the children then he would loose all his bargaining power that he had over O'Neill. It was amazing to Kell that the children were able to play and entertain themselves even during times like these.

He also saw that the daughter of Jack O'Neill was a natural leader and she was protecting the other girls even at such a young age. She would put herself between him and the other girls telling them that her Daddy was a soldier and that he would come and get them. Her Mommy had told her that he was the best at what he did. This made Kell smile when he had control thinking of his friend, knowing that he had told him that he would find him and fix this problem one way or the other. Kell also knew that if he needed to, Jack O'Neill would kill him so that he could free him from this hell that he had found himself in.

This creature that had taken over his body had tormented him and he had watched in horror as he had killed the leader of the Ashrack council. He had taken over the council using his knowledge of how to use the katana and the whips that Jack had taught him to usurp the power he craved.

The children were sleeping now and he thought it was a beautiful thing to watch them sleep so peacefully. It brought a mental smile again to him thinking about what she had told her friends about her Daddy. She had no idea just what kind of man he was, she only knew the small amount of information that her mother had told her about her father and when she said that her Daddy was going to come and get them. Kell just wished he could tell them that the man that was coming to get them would move Heaven and Hell to get them out of any kind of trouble that they could get themselves into.

Kell had seen the good side of Jack O'Neill, the one that did everything in his power to help the people of Boar'a to improve their quality of life, and the man who could kill in a second when it was necessary. He was a strong leader but he knew when to follow and when to get out of the way like any leader of quality knew.

He knew that Jack didn't want anybody to follow blindly to every order that was given and asked for input when it was appropriate to make it into a learning experience to make the leaders that would follow in his footsteps, the leaders of tomorrow.

The one thing he knew for sure was that Annie's father was coming and things were about to change forever, there was no going back now.

Battles.

Angel, Sam, Teal'c, Rya'c, Brata'c and Augusta were all going down to the planet together in the shuttle with Sam at the helm and Angel doing the job of copilot and she was going to be busy with the transmitter and looking for Jack. The shuttle didn't have a cloaking device so they would be visible as soon as they came through the atmosphere. The good thing was it was nightfall on the side of the planet they were coming down on but it would be daybreak soon.

They were crowed into the small shuttle with all of the staff weapons and the three Jaffa in full battle armor so they could blend in with the other Jaffa once on the planet.

Teal'c was very proud of his son for taking on a mission at such a young age. He had been in battle before and he was well trained by the best Master known to all Jaffa.

Once the atmosphere was breached the communications buoy as launched and Angel started searching for Jack. It didn't take long to locate him and see what he was doing. He was in the middle of a raid on a Jaffa stronghold where he was taking weapons, food and anything that he thought would be needed to survive another day.

When Jack felt the presents of Angel it was like finding a long lost friend. The Jaffa that was about to attack him thought that he had lost his mind because he was smiling as he pushed his sword through the neck of the Jaffa and cut out leaving his head dangling by a small piece of meat and lolling to the side. The Jaffa that was standing next to the now decimated friend was sprayed with his blood and blinded for a moment which was all that Jack needed to split his skull open. Jack turned in time to see that two of his people were in trouble with three Jaffa about to corner them. He felt the energy ripple through his body as he aimed the hand device at the offending Jaffa and slammed them against the wall with a gravity wave that crushed them making their weapons useless which was what his people were after.

One of the Ashrack flashed his eyes as he went on the attack. He used the hand device first but that was blocked by the one that Jack was wearing, he gave a vicious growl and came at him with his short sword. Jack thought that he should try to save this man in case there was a way they could get the Goa'uld out of him and give his life back to him.

The attack was fast and deadly but it was met blow for blow causing the metal to clang and throw off sparks that seemed to come from all around them to the people that had stopped to watch.

The Jaffa were defeated and were either dead or had surrendered. Jack had drawn both of his short swords as the Ashrack was advancing on him, this gave him an equal footing with the stronger faster abilities of the Goa'uld.

Jack was able to move close enough to him that he was able to use the end of the handle that had the short spike on the Ashrack's right bicep forcing him to shift his weapon to the other hand. As he was trying to change hands Jack hit him hard with the flat of the blade on the left wrist causing him to drop the weapon. The Ashrack did a wide sweeping step away from him to gain distance and possibly a way out of this situation that had just gone horribly wrong for him. Unfortunately for him he had moved into the range of Jack’s other weapon which was a blunted dragons tear. Jack had put a leather pad on the one pound weight that was on the end of a ten foot cord. The weighted end hit the Ashrack behind the ear and he was down for the count. Even the Goa'uld couldn't do anything with a body that was not responding to anything.

The weapons were gathered along with uniforms, the Ashrack was bound so that they could take him somewhere to experiment with him and see if there was a possibility of separating the host from the Goa'uld.

Again Jack felt the presents of Angel and he thought how nice it was to feel it again but there was no way she could be on this planet. They were getting ready to leave when the doors were shut and plates were brought down covering the windows. Another panel opened letting three Ashrack into the room. They had their weapons pointed and ready to destroy. The voice that told them to lay down their weapons and step back was defiantly a Goa'uld and they were left with only one other choice and that was to die. Jack didn't like the idea of being captured by a group of Ashrack but it was useless to fight them at this point. He laid his weapons down and motioned for the others to do the same.

“You have caused us trouble before but nothing like this. We were trying to capture you to get information but now that we see that you're able to use the hand device, this brings a whole new problem to us. How many of your group is able to use our weapons?”

The Ashrack tried to step forward to slap the information out of the prisoner but he was not able to move. Jack was smiling at him and this frightened him more than any battle he had ever been in before. He was able to move his hands though which let him push the button on his wrist activating the signal telling the others that there was a problem that needed to be brought to their attention. The Ashrack had never been very good at working with each other but this was a problem that needed them to cooperate with others to make the government they were trying to establish work. The room was suddenly crowded with five more Ashrack who were pointing zat's at them.

Jack lost his smile. The man that had been doing all of the talking told him to pick up his sword.
He did as he was asked to do retrieving his Katana from the weapons on the floor. He still had the dragons tear tied around his waist but they didn't know what it was.

“I'm going to kill you slowly, human.”

The Ashrack was confident that he could kill this one human without any problems but he was wondering how they had taken the Ashrack down that was tied up on the floor. He had never seen a weapon like the human was using but it looked like the one that was used by Ka'tin to kill the leader of the council. This made him very happy with the thought that he would get something out of killing this weakling.

He stepped forward to deliver a killing blow to end this fast knowing that humans that were in the presents of the mighty Ashrack were so frightened that they froze in a moment of stress. His arm swung swiftly at the neck and he was smiling at the ease of the kill when he lost his sword and the hand that was holding it, which was shortly followed by his head rolling across the floor.
The others in the group couldn't believe what they had just seen and were frozen staring at the head as he slowed down and stopped at their feet.

The next Ashrack in the group was very impressed at what this human was able to do. He told him that he would be next but he would use the staff weapon. Jack nodded that he would comply with his wishes. Jack set the Katana down taking up the staff weapon. The Ashrack did the same thing, Jack watched as he pressed a button which brought out a six inch blade out the firing end of the staff. Jack had never seen this feature before and decided that if he made it out of here to ask Teal'c about it. The people in the room moved out of the way on both sides.

Jack did not swing the staff around showing that he knew anything about the weapon, he was not going to show off his skills until it was time to kill his opponent. The Ashrack was swinging the staff around trying to frighten his intended victim; fear was a powerful weapon in itself. Jack did his best to look impressed at the skill of the Ashrack.

Master Brata'c and Teal'c had both worked with him on the use of the Jaffa's favorite weapon teaching him all of the tricks and drilling him hours on end for longer than he wanted to think about. Jack worked his way around to the side of the room where the Ashrack were now standing. He had his back to them as the attack came at him full speed.

The Ashrack was determined to make this human pay for killing one of his kind, he was going to kill him slowly beating him to death. He wanted to start by breaking bones until he could not move then he would wait for him to regain consciousness again before breaking another bone. He would get the information that they had wanted and have some fun at the same time.

His first strike hit thin air which was not what was supposed to happen, nobody had ever gotten out of the way of his strike before. Just as his staff hit the ground from the force of the swing he felt his ribs breaking as the humans staff crashed into them.

The rebels had never seen a person move as fast as Jack had, but they knew that it was not anything more than training, hours and hours of training that let him react without thinking he was just letting his body do what it was trained to do. All of the Ashrack discounted it as a lucky hit; Jack noticed that they were betting on how long it was going to take to kill this human.

The fighter was a little more careful as he came in for the next attack. Jack gave him a little confidence by sparring with him letting the staffs strike against each other without really doing anything more than making noise. He let the Ashrack force him back into the perfect position with his back against the other Ashrack where he wanted to be.

As the fighter came at him taking the fight back into his control Jack turned to the Ashrack behind him and the staff went into a blur as he killed three of them before they could see what was happening to them.

Jack turned back around to his attacker side stepping the thrust that would have split his spine into. His staff came in low hitting the his attacker on the back of his thigh forcing him to turn, the blade on the end of the staff went into the hollow at the back of the skull killing the host and the Goa'uld. The remaining Ashrack had decided that keeping this human alive was going to be a big mistake; they were aiming their weapons at him and about to fire.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

All of the rescue party had split up in order to find Jack; the ionized atmosphere was interfering with Angel’s ability to find him. She knew about where he was with in a few miles but couldn't lock down the location.

Brata'c, Rya'c and Teal'c had all brought standard clothing along as well as their Jaffa armor.
They changed into the regular clothing to do the search which would allow them easer access into the civilian areas. Brata'c was the one to come across the battle that had just ended.

He slipped into the back of the room to observe, he had been impressed with the skills of O'Neill and was about to come forward when the doors shut and the panels slid down covering the windows to prevent escape that way.

Jack O'Neill made the first kill look easy which really impressed him. He saw the next challenge and just smiled as his student made it look like he knew nothing about the staff weapon at all. His first moves were clumsy and weak but they did the job until he was in the position that he wanted to be in. The staff weapon moved in a blur as he killed four more of the Ashrack in the blink of and eye.

As the other three that were left charged up their weapons to finish off this human that had turned out to be a very dangerous opponent. Brata'c had to work fast to stop him from being killed like and animal that had gone mad.

“Hold Ashrack, would you kill a human that has half of your strength and speed yet he has killed five of you without breaking a sweat. I would say that he is no ordinary human, but the way he makes it look, I think even and old man like myself could beat an Ashrack bare handed. In fact, I will fight you one at a time or as a group and you may use your blades if I frighten you.”

Jack was pleased to see Brata'c although he had no idea where he came from and he caught onto the idea that he was pushing. He was baiting the Ashrack.

“Wait a moment old man, if you take on two of them then that only leave me with one to fight and even if he keeps his blade that won't be much fun, it will be over too quickly, I think I should at least have two of these women; oh sorry, they’re supposed to be Ashrack.”

The desired effect was achieved, the Ashrack threw down their weapons charging bare handed at the two humans that had just insulted them. Two of them came after him while one of them went after the old man.

Brata'c was not wearing his gauntlets, it was too hard to hide them under his clothing but he had been training for over a century on fighting and warfare and as the retired first prime of Apophis he had to be good at fighting even at his age.

The first Ashrack that came at Jack was doing a very bad thing; he was leading with his face.
He was leaning forward with his hands too low leaving his head and face exposed. This was a very deadly fight and it was not one that Jack or Brata'c could afford to waste time or energy, they had to kill and do it fast if they were going to survive. Jack’s right hand shot forward with his first two fingers together and stiff pointing out like he was pointing at a tree he wanted them to look at. The hand was solid as it pushed through the leading Ashrack's left eye and broke the thin bone at the back of the eye socket penetrating into his brain. This killed the host but the Goa'uld was still alive and could escape which was what happened to Kell and Jack was not about to have that happen again. As the body fell in front of him he swung his leg high bringing it down stiff in an ax kick breaking the neck which also killed the Goa'uld.

Jack side stepped the attack that was on him rolling around the Ashrack like a warm wind but never letting him touch. The move was so graceful that it looked like he was dancing with the Ashrack. This put him at the back of the attacker where he made a fist but the first two knuckle's of his right hand were supported by and tucked into his thumb which was laid over the tops of those finger tips making a hard point on the knuckle's which he slammed as hard as he could into the hollow at the back of the skull again killing the Goa'uld and host at the same time.

He turned back toward Brata'c who was watching him; his opponent had a very obvious broken neck. Brata'c was smiling at him obviously he had seen what Jack had done and was pleased. Jack smiled and bowed to him in a deep theatrical fashion. The other warriors in the room were stunned at what they had just seen. I was not uncommon for them to loose several people to try and take out one Ashrack. Jack had just killed seven and knocked out one and the old man that they had never seen before snapped the neck of one of the Ashrack so quickly that half of them had missed it.

The door that led outside crashed to the floor with a loud slapping bang. In the entrance Jack could see a woman that was about five foot eight with long black hair; he new her from somewhere and the first thing that popped into his head was that this was his Angel from above. It was a split second before he realized that it actually was Angela Hernandez but it couldn't be, she had died years ago.

The woman smiled at him. “Hey Jack, how's things going stud.”

Sam then stepped into the room and gave her an evil glare. Jack then saw Augusta step into the room but she was looking very nervous and she didn't know what to do. Angela was standing in front of him in a flash while Sam stayed at the door and Augusta moved to the left of her to help shield the rebels but there was nothing to shield them from.

Augusta had never seen anything like the bodies that seemed to be everywhere in the room. Jack was covered in blood and there was a head lying on the floor that seemed to be watching her. She turned around and started to vomit but there was another body lying there also. She ran for the door and Jack motioned for the woman that he had first ran into on this planet to go with her and to take a weapon.

Sam came over to him checking to see if any of the blood was coming from him. He tried to pull her into a kiss but she held her hand out stopping him then showed him the blood that was on her hand letting him know that she didn't mind kissing him but he should clean up first.

He was looking for a clean place on his shirt to wipe his face off on but there wasn't a clean spot anywhere.

He leaned forward and lightly kissed her doing his best not to smear her. “Hey handsome, did you miss me.”

“I sure did, and thank you for coming.”

“It looks like you guy's did pretty well against the Ashrack in this room.”

Jack didn't want to tell her that all the Ashrack had been killed by him except for the one that Brata'c had taken care of, so he picked up a zat and started disposing of the bodies after they had been stripped of everything that was of use. Like the Jaffa at the Stargate he couldn't do anything about the blood but without the bodies it was impossible to tell how many people of what side had died in this room.

Angel came over and without a thought she did hug him and didn't care that she was smeared with blood all over her front.

“Angel, that is my husband and I think you had better take your hands off of him!”

Jack looked surprised, he had never seen Sam jealous or at least he had never witnessed it and had her tell someone to take their hands off of him, but he knew that if a man was hugging her he would be upset and probably do the same thing. Angel smiled then stepped back where Sam was able to step in and hold her husband even with the mess that was all over him. He was now very sticky and needed a bath as soon as possible.

“Ka'tin will not be here for several more days, so let’s take this Ashrack to the Destiny and see what Janet can do with him.”

Jack didn't know what the Destiny was so Sam explained what had happened after he had left.

Brata'c came over then and asked Angel if she could retrieve the images of the fight with the Ashrack so Teal'c and Rya'c could see what had happened.

Augusta came back in at that point and seemed to be very relieved that the bodies were now gone. The rebel that had gone out with her was asking a question which was answered by Angela. Jack hadn't thought about her being able to translate.

Now that Angel was close enough to use his implant she configured it so that he would be able to translate and at least understand what they were saying. He wouldn't be able to speak the language as well as the natives but he would be able to get his message across.

Angel told Brata'c that she had already retrieved the data from the fight and would show it to them back on board the ship, but it was going to take time to get everybody back the ship and sorted.

Jack, Sam Augusta and the Ashrack were to be the first to go back with Angel. The Ashrack was quickly delivered to the Destiny so that Janet could work on removing the symbiote from the host. Gracie was helping with the procedure and as soon as it was perfected she would automate the whole thing to be done in a matter of seconds.

Jack was attacked by a bundle of energy as he stepped off the ship, Lauren was all over her Daddy asking where he had been and what he had been doing, then she asked him why he was so messy and yucky.

“I'm sorry princess, I didn't mean to get you dirty, I'll go get this all cleaned off now so that I can give you a proper kiss and hug.” Jack went strait to the showers and cleaned up so that he could get all of dried blood off and some clean clothes on.

Angel went back down to the planet bring back Rya'c, Teal'c and Brata'c who were staying with the rebels while they were waiting or transport.

Jack was just getting out of the shower when the others got back, they were all interested in seeing what had happened with the battle on the planet with the Ashrack. Jack paid attention to Lauren until it was time to see the battle, which he wanted to see when he was not in the meddle of doing the actual fighting. That way he could analyze the battle from a different point of view.

He told Lauren that she needed to play with Angel while they did grownup things which she was not allowed to see. She was good about doing what she was told and went to play marbles with the child form of Angel. Jack was surprised that Augusta wanted to see the fight so that she could see what it was that Jack did. Sam was right there with the Jaffa group also.

Augusta had a hard time getting through the head rolling across the floor but when it came to the staff fighting the Jaffa were very impressed and vocal about the way he had dispatched with the Ashrack, then the hand to hand was something that Augusta had to ask why he had hit the man where he did and why did it kill him. Jack explained to her what a Goa'uld was and how it had to be killed along with the host or it could leave the body and cause more problems like Ka'tin had done with Kell. After they had talked she understood more about what they were fighting and why it was important to be able to fight.

She was going to be there to help get her daughter back so she went into the target range and went back to practicing with more determination to get as good as she had seen Sam do. Augusta knew there was a chance that she might need to fight to get her daughter back, she would leave the fighting to the professionals but if she needed to get into the thick of it she wouldn't hesitate to do what ever she needed to do. She had seen what the Ashrack had done and how they would have thought nothing of killing everybody without a thought if it had not been for the entertainment value of the fight. The Ashrack thought it would have been an easy kill on their part, what they didn't realize was that they were going against the best.

She was working hard when Sam came into the room with her helping her with the training. Sam was being very patient with her showing her the tricks to help her get better.

“You know, Jack isn't very good at these things yet, he hasn't had enough time on the target area; we need to get him in here to work along with you so that you both can get better.”

She put in a silent call to Angel telling her that Jack needed to get a set of the gauntlets on and come into the target range with them. He walked in carrying Lauren who jumped into Sam's arms when she got close to her.

“Mommy, can I play too?”

“Sure sweetheart as long as you don't get in Daddy or Augusta's way you can shoot the targets with them.” That made her day to be able to play games with her Daddy.

Angel always left Lauren's shield on automatic so that she wouldn't be injured but Romeo didn't like his human puppy playing this kind of game where he was not able to protect her. The big German Shepard was part of the SGC guard dog team until he fell in love with Lauren and this was where he was going to stay. The dog slept in her room on the floor where he had a blanket, he would have liked to sleep on the bed but her small bed would not allow that much room.

Lauren was just able to see over the top of him as he stood between her and the targets until Jack finally told him to lie down and let her play. He assured Romeo that she would be fine with her shields protecting her. Romeo gave him an apprehensive look but he did as he was told to do. He could feel her excitement at being able to do something with her Daddy but the others were feeling a little unsure. Sam was feeling pretty good about everything so Romeo was able to relax some and watch.

The targets were set at a low sting rate which would not be automatically shielded for the grownups. Sam put a practice sword in Jack’s hand and told him to defend himself from her and the targeting systems that had no mercy at all.

Augusta only had to shield and shoot the targets, which was what Lauren was doing also.
Sam told Augusta that it would be best if she watched what Lauren was doing and follow her example. Augusta wasn't thrilled to follow the examples of a four year old but she knew that Lauren was not an ordinary child in most respects at all.

As she watched though she was beginning to understand what she was doing wrong and started to do as the child was doing. She was able to look over to where Jack and Sam were fighting using the practice swords and the shields against each other and the target units. She was amazed that they could do two things at the same time but they were shooting the targets and defending against each other while keeping the targets from hitting them.

The practice swords had a shield on them so they could be used to deflect or absorb the energy from the targets if they could get the sword in position to block the shot in time. The targets had a tendency to shoot at both of the fighters at the same time making them work as a team to deflect the shot and to fire back before they started trying to score on the other fighter again.

Teal'c had made his staff weapon to do this same thing but it was able to shot back at the targets while Jack and Sam had to use their gauntlets to fire back. Angel used her internal communications system to tell Jack and Sam to go to the bench and get the swords that were there. There were two sets, one of each was a practice sword the other was an actual sword.
The new toy was improved with the ability to shoot like the wrist gauntlets and shield like them also.

Like the gauntlets, all they needed to do was point the weapon at the target and it would fire at it using stun, heavy stun, kill or disintegrate. Like the gauntlets the practice swords had the automatic shield turned off so they would have to shield themselves in practice so they didn't learn to be dependent on the shield to protect them.

There also was a small practice sword for Lauren to play with. Jack called her over after pausing the practice session to show her the sword and how to use it. She was very happy and used it right away to try and attack her Daddy who jumped out of the way quickly and brought his own practice sword into play while he was on his knees defending himself from the giggling four year old. He let her get in a few good shots on him before falling to the ground playing dead.

Augusta was smiling at them then she thought about Anne being in the hands of a killer and what they were there to do.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Kell had two more days to go before they would be back on the planet of the Ashrack. Ka'tin was sleeping for the moment so he was watching the children play, he had found some things that they could use for toys and talked Ka'tin into taking them to the girls so that they wouldn't get into things he had said.

It was more for the entertainment of the children and he liked it when he had time to be able to watch them without Ka'tin being awake, making comments about the children and how he was going to use them to get SG1 and his reward. The only thing Ka'tin was interested in was the money.

Kell was telling him that Jack was coming to get his daughter back and his one mistake was in taking the child. Jack would have come anyway but now he was going to be mad and that was the same as a death sentence for Ka'tin. Kell also told Ka'tin that Jack had promised him that if he wasn't able to take him alive that he would free him by killing him. He would be free no matter what and Kell was not afraid to die, anything would be better than being trapped in his own body and having to watch the terrible things that Ka'tin was doing while on the job.

Ka'tin had made some changes to the weapons that Jack had invented and they were even more deadly than they had been before and he was practicing all the time to make himself better. He was going to use them to kill Jack for putting him to shame on Boar'a and nearly killing him several times. He also wanted to get the blond female of SG1 who had also nearly killed him.

Ka'tin had planed it so that it would have taken several days to get the message to Jack O'Neill on Boar'a then he would have to get to Earth and across the country to get the note so he would know where to go to get his daughter back. He had thought about killing everybody in the house when he had taken the child but he didn't have time.

He didn't know which one was the O'Neill child, they all looked alike, they were children and he didn't know anything about children. He was counting on relative primitive nature of the Tau'ri to give him an edge and to be well in place on his own territory holding the high ground when Jack O'Neill got to the planet.

Ka'tin had been dreaming of what he was going to do when Jack came through the Chapa'i to see him standing there ready to kill him. He was going to make him bow to his every wish while he gathered the rest of SG1, one at a time.

He was thinking of making the blond woman or maybe the young blond girl that was married to Daniel Jackson into a queen that would help him rule this world. He would need to find a queen that he could be subjugated and controlled. She would need to be controlled so that she would not kill him in the night and take over his territory like so many other queens had done to their mates. That was one thing that he loved about a Goa'uld queen, she was dangerous and that just excited him all the more.

He would find a good host first (the older or younger blond women of SG1 were his top choices) then find an immature Queen that was ready to be implanted so that he could form her and make her into what he wanted her to be. Like all Goa'uld you never could tell about a female and what they would do or become even with the best of training and nurturing into the right direction; they could become as ruthless as any system lord and that also made him very happy. There was nothing like the acquisition of power and it should be done without mercy; total victory is the only way.

The team that included SG1, John and Jennifer and the two Jaffa along with Augusta who was bringing up the rear were making strong inroads while taking the planet back from the Ashrack. The rebels were gaining power fast when the other fighters would capture the Jaffa or Ashrack the Jaffa were given the choice of becoming free Jaffa or death. It wasn't much of a choice so most of the Jaffa decided that it was in their best interest to be free rather than to serve an Ashrack anyway.

For the Ashrack it was a one way trip to the Universal Destiny where Gracie and Janet had learned how to remove the symbiote without causing damage to the host. The hardest part was rebuilding the immune system and to get the body used to being able to be in control again.

The Goa'uld were being placed into a tank where they would be destroyed later. The planet of the Ashrack was being quickly converted to Goa'uld free. It would have been much simpler to just beam the Goa'uld on board the Destiny and directly into the sickbay where the host would be freed but with the atmosphere causing problems with the beaming process it was not possible.

It was traumatic for the host to be freed from the control of the Goa'uld, like any prisoner of war, they had been through horrors that are unimaginable at the hands of the symbiote that had controlled their body and loved to torment them. Most had been forced to watch as their loved ones were killed by them and not understanding that it was not them while begging them not to do this.

Some were not able to be brought back into the world, their minds were completely gone but they were taken to their family if they still had any left that could take care of them. Janet did what she could for the host and it did help to have the database that Gracie had in order to give the host a chance to come back to a normal life.

Jack also did what he could to help those that could be reached to let them know that it was not their fault. They all still could see the fear and hatred in the eyes of their victims, the terror in the faces of the children as their parents were killed while they watched. Most of the Ashrack enjoyed doing this to their host to torture them and make them behave. After a couple of times of watching the host would beg to be left alone and they would do anything to keep from seeing that kind of horror again. All of them were traumatized to the point of hiding in the corner every time someone would come into the room.

Jack and Sam as former host had talked to them as much as possible and helped the families to learn how to work with them so they may be able to live a normal life after a while. Several of them could not cope with what they had seen and did not come back or went off to a different world.

Some went to find more Goa'uld so they could help to rid the universe of these vile creatures which gave them something to fight and a new purpose in life, all of them though had a safeguard in place to make sure that they were not taken as a host again. Some of the Ashrack had tried to escape the planet. They were picked off quickly while they were in space and the ships confiscated.

With three ships in space and one as large as the Universal Destiny it was not possible for anything to come or go without being seen even if they were cloaked.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Kell dropped out of hyperspace and was on an approach to the planet when he encountered the first ship, they were looking for ships that were trying to leave the planet. They couldn't grab the ship in time but they were able to transport two of the children off the ship before it got into the atmosphere where they were lost to the transport beam signal and could not be attached.

Jack and Sam were on the planet at the time and went strait to the landing pad to meet the ship as it came in. Ka'tin came off the ship holding Annie with a knife held on her so that if he fell she would not survive. He knew that he was in trouble when he saw the other children disappear out of the cargo hold, he had been able to access Kell's memory and knew that this was the kind of transport that Jack used and didn't know of anybody else that could do it that way.

“I do knot know how you were able to make it to this planet before me or where my people are but I will have your head or this child will die.”

Annie was not able to understand what this man was saying but she did understand the man that was standing in front of her.

“Annie, I'm your Daddy sweetheart, I've come to take you back to your Mommy.”

Angel was dropping into the atmosphere as he was talking along with Blue Lightning where they could get into transporter range. Augusta was the first one to transport down to the planet where Jack and Sam were with Teal'c right behind her then Daniel was there along with Rya'c and Brata'c. John and Jennifer were there in a second standing right behind Jack and Sam.

George Hammond, Cassy, Janet and Saren stayed on board the Destiny which was not as easy to get into the atmosphere.

Jack told Angel not to beam Ka'tin up and not to beam Annie up until she was with Augusta.

Ka'tin was going out of his mind, here was all of SG1 at the same place and he couldn't think clearly anymore. All he could think of was all the money he was going to get for them and failed to see that he was totally surrounded. Kell was on the inside trying to tell Ka'tin that he was in a hopeless situation and that he should put the child down now so that he could fight and die like an Ashrack.

“I see that you brought help with you, are you afraid to face me alone Tau'ri!”

“You are mistaken Ka'tin, you are the one holding a child to protect yourself but that seems to be a trait that you can't seem to break away from. First you hold my wife hostage to try to get off of Boar'a and when you were losing in the fight you stabbed her so you could get away.”

“In a fight where you didn't start out by holding a knife to her throat or attacking her from behind like a coward, she could take you by herself.”

“If it is me that you want to kill, why are you holding a child? Is that all that you can take or kill now is children?”

“Give me the child and I will fight you with whatever kind of weapon you chose or I am even willing to fight you without a weapon if you are not strong enough to take me face to face on equal terms.”

Kell was able to talk to Ka'tin telling him to let the child go and talking to Jack at the same time. “Jack, I think he is going to let her go, just remember that if you cannot take me alive I have no problem with dieing now. Thank you for coming for me Jack, you have always been in my prayers.”

Jack was able to give him the mental answer that he was looking for. “You will be free soon my friend, one way or the other, I will not let you down again.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ba'al was throwing a tantrum, he had been told that the Ashrack that he sent to a planet to see why the first group of Jaffa did not return on a simple host gathering mission had been the only survivor of all the others sent to the backwater planet.

He had sent a Jaffa to find out why he had not done his duty and had been told that the Ashrack had taken the cargo ship and gone to the Ashrack controlled planet. If he wasn't able to keep control of an Ashrack he was going to be laughed at by the other system lords. This could not be tolerated. The Ashrack had not fulfilled his part of the bargain and taken his ship.

He was in hyperspace now heading to the planet where he was going to teach the Ashrack what it meant to defy a system lord. He exited hyperspace with three Motherships and started firing on the planet; if he was not able to control the Ashrack he would kill all of them on this planet to teach the others a lesson.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Gracie and George Hammond found themselves looking at three Goa'uld Motherships that were firing at the planet below them and they were on the wrong side of the planet. Gracie transported to a position above the Motherships then slowly maneuvered down in front of them.
The ships took the bait and started firing at the giant ship that was in their way.

They fired everything they had at the ship and George smiled as the shots were reflected right back to the point of there departure. When Gracie let loose with her weapons the ships didn’t have a chance and ran for cover behind the nearest moon. One of the ships had been destroyed in the first salvo.

Gracie had thought for a second about just destroying the moon and everything that was close by but the moon was needed for the planet to have proper wind and water movements from the gravitational fields pulling the oceans. It also crossed her mind that she could always pull another moon into position but that would be more work than hunting down the ships and destroying them with her conventional weapons.

She made a call to the other two ships telling them what she was doing. Angel and Mom drew straws again in computer time and it was decided that Mom would go help with the Goa'uld ships while Angel stayed and did what was needed on the planet.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The first salvo from the Motherships struck only a few miles away from the location where Ka'tin was holding the child. He was about to let her go when the plasma blast struck.

“Ka'tin that was Ba'al firing on this planet, you must have really pissed him off to have him bring Motherships here to kill you. Looks like the only thing you have left to do is die, do you want to do that hiding behind a child or fighting like an Ashrack?”

Ka'tin set Annie on the ground where she ran to the man that said he was her Daddy. She had not seen Augusta standing in the back of the group. Jack took the time to look at her and see that she was not hurt and a moment longer to pull her into a hug. She would be safe now and that was all that mattered. He called to Augusta and told her to take care of this beautiful child while he took care of business here.

Augusta and Annie were transported on board Thor's Hammer where they would be safe.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lauren came running up with the other two children to see the new girl that was with Augusta. She was showing the other girls around the ship. They had just beamed over from Blue Lightning before Mom went to help Gracie.

Augusta couldn’t let go of Annie for a long time, it was hard for her to believe that she was safe again. Then she thought about what Jack was doing on the planet with the Ashrack and how dangerous it was for all of them outside the shields of the ship. Augusta introduced Annie to Lauren and told her that this was her sister and how Jack was Laurens father as well as hers. All of the children ran off to play with Laurens toys and she was going to show them how to play marbles, they were all a couple of years older than Lauren but now that they knew that she was Annie’s sister it was good. Augusta wanted to go back outside to make sure that if she was needed she could help. Angel told her that Jack asked her to make sure that she stayed inside with the children, she didn’t say that it was to make sure that Annie had a mother if things went wrong. He knew that Lauren would be okay if anything happened to him and Sam with John and Jennifer as well as Teal’c and the others that would make sure that she was safe and raised the right way.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam felt the presents of the Goa’uld at the same time as John and Jennifer did. What was surprising to her was that she could hear what they were thinking and she was feeling hot all of a sudden. The Ashrack were cloaked and attacking in mass. Sam turned and it was something that she didn’t even think about, the Ashrack all seemed to burst into flames at the same time. She used her telekinesis to push the Ashrack away and which caused the others to look at her wondering what was happening as they were slammed against a building and crushed like a strong blast from a hand device had done the job. Koe had told Jack that sometimes the abilities came to a person suddenly and that was what was happening to her. She had not been as strong as Jack with the abilities but with the sudden attack of the Ashrack she was able to use all of her powers and it was like a dam had broken loose. She was having a hard time controlling what was happening to her body. When Ka’tin saw the opportunity as Jack turned to see what was happening with the attack, he ran for cover and to try and get away with his life. The words that Kell had been saying about how he was surrounded now and with Ba’al attacking the planet it was time to leave or die.

Kell was able to send the message mentally to tell Jack that Ka’tin was running. Ka’tin had a slight advantage of knowing the area better than Jack did, but Jack had been in the area for a couple of weeks now clearing out all the Ashrack that he could find. Ka’tin didn’t know about the gauntlets and what they were capable of doing but he got the idea pretty quickly as Jack was firing at him as he was running away. He quickly turned and was in range with the whips letting loose with a deadly attack that would have been perfect if the shields hadn’t stopped them and just left them hanging in the air. Ka’tin tried to pull them back but they were being held firmly in Jack’s shield. Jack could see that he had coated the blades with something and he was sure that it would not be very healthy for him. Ka’tin dropped the now useless weapon and continued his retreat from the area. Jack was not going to let him go again. It had taken way too long to find him this time and Kell was too important to him to have him get away again. Ka’tin wasn’t out of the game yet, he had some other tricks up his sleeve. This was his town and he had the upper hand here, he was heading for some of those surprises now. Kell was trying to let Jack know what was happening but Ka’tin was catching on to the Telekinesis between the two of them and had buried Kell so deep in a black void that he wouldn’t be able to tell Jack what was coming until it was too late. He had several punishments waiting for Kell when this was all over.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Gracie and Mom were approaching the moon carefully, the Motherships were slow and clumsy compared to them and they didn’t have that good of weapons but they still could be dangerous. More for Blue Thunder than to the Destiny but they were going to hunt carefully anyway. When the Destiny came into view of one of the ships it opened fire right away. Mom told Gracie to back off and she disappeared from view. The Destiny did as she was asked to do and pulled back to a safe distance. Her sensors picked up the ship as it came in from below the ship at nearly the speed of light and let go of the five hundred pound meteor as they whipped out of the way and told Gracie to transport back. Gracie knew what Mom was doing and they had all seen what happened when something was hit with an object at that speed and with the meteor was that big it was going to release a tremendous amount of energy. Ba’al was leaving at a high rate of speed and had ordered the other ship to cover his retreat. He was just about to go into hyperspace when the explosion rocked his ship and drove it way off course. It missed the hyperspace window that it was aiming for. He panicked and took the controls from the pilot opening another window and shooting through it without a destination.

Mom and Gracie both had all their sensors on recording what had happened with the ship so they could calculate the mass of the object at the speed it was traveling to get a yield on the amount of power that was released. Gracie was making a comment that whipping action of the ship pulling out of the maneuver caused the object to speed up even more and changed the equation. The ship had been away from the moon but the blast still had an effect on the orbit of the moon. The two ships calculated what was going to be needed to put the moon back into its proper orbit where it would not have an effect on the planet in a couple of hundred years as the orbit descended over time. It was almost a game between the two ships to calculate the mass that was going to be needed and the speed that the objects would need to be traveling from both directions to push the moon back into its proper orbit.

It would have been easer to have one of the objects stationary and just drive the other object into it but they were going to have some fun and do it with both object traveling from different directions. It was decided that if the two meteoroids were to hit at an angle it would cause the force of the explosion to go in the direction of the moon rather than have most of the energy dissipated in every direction with the moon only receiving a small amount of the power. The ships were having fun and it was something that both Sam and Lauren would have a good time researching the data that was being generated. It didn’t take them long to get the required material and perform the task to get things straitened out again. It was time to get back to the planet and check on what was happening there.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The battle with the Ashrack that were coming up to the seen after the first wave was destroyed so easily by Sam was not as easy. They had seen what she was capable of doing and had started using long range weapons instead of using their favorite weapon which was the knife. The rebels that were with them stood behind as the shields protected them. With the gauntlets set to kill it didn’t take long to take all of the Ashrack out that were in the area. That was when they saw that Jack wasn’t with them anymore. Sam called Angel asking where Jack was and she was given the direction that he had gone in as he chased after Ka’tin.

Jack was close behind Ka’tin as he sprang his first trap which was a spiked pit that opened under Jack as she was just about to catch up with him. Jack’s shields protected him from the spikes but he was still in the pit hovering above a set of very sharp and long metal spikes. Ka’tin closed the door again thinking that this was all there was to this operation, he would come back after the power wore down on the shields and take Jack’s body out to put it into a sarcophagus then he would sell him to the highest bidder. It was time to collect the others of SG1.

Jack was in a spot now, he didn’t have any light and he wasn’t able to move very much. This was nothing that would cause him too much trouble other than not being able to catch Ka’tin for a little longer. He used his gauntlet which he mentally set to disintegrate and shot down until the shield no longer felt the need to protect him from the spikes. He was able to stand up then, he pushed on the door and tried to slide it in every direction that he could and it still would not open. He used the same beam to knock a hole in the door and crawled out. All this only took about two minuets and Ka’tin hadn’t even made it to the end of the street before Jack was out of the trap and in pursuit again.

Sam received the mental picture of what was happening to Jack as he fell into the pit and she was running as fast as she could in that direction. Ka’tin was going the other direction as she rounded the corner and saw his opportunity to collect another member of SG1. Ka’tin went on the attack immediately with a viscous swipe of his knife that would have killed her in one stroke but she was faster than that. Ka’tin was still angry about what Jack O’Neill had said about her being able to take him out by herself if he were go fight her face to face. He was going to prove that she could do no such thing by fighting her in that manner. He needed to know if it was true or not and there was only one way to fine that out. Sam could have burned him or crushed him so easily but she needed to keep Kell alive if at all possible so she would take him out the old fashioned way, by kicking his ass.

Jack was coming up behind them and she was about to take Ka’tin out with a heavy stun but Sam told him telepathically that she needed to do this and to stand back. She was going to do her best to take Ka’tin out without hurting Kell if she could and she needed to prove that she could do this without using any of her mental powers. Jack understood that it would be something that would always be on the back of her mind wondering if she could do it or not. He told her to be careful. Ka’tin went on the attack again and as he circled around he saw that Jack O’Neill had escaped his trap and was watching the two of them.

“I told you Ka’tin that if you fought her in a face to face fight she would win so now we will see what you can do against a real fighter. Put the knife down, she doesn’t want to hurt your host or she would have killed you already. You don’t have a problem fighting a woman without a weapon do you? If it frightens you I will understand and she will still kick your ass without a weapon. The choice is yours.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lauren got the mental image of want was happening with her parents. Lauren was playing with the other girls and telling them about her horse when she got the image of what was happening and her Mommy was in a fight with the bad man and was setting very still. The other girls watched her and were getting worried and called Augusta to let her know that something was wrong when she vanished. It wasn’t like the ring thing that took them to the ship the first time or the transporter that Angel used, they had seen it work now and this was different. Augusta was just coming into the room where the girls were playing when Lauren disappeared. The physical Angel was with her and she turned to ask her what she had done with Lauren. Angel told her that she didn’t do it and went quiet for a second while she searched for the child.

Lauren appeared between the man and her Mom and did something that she had seen her Daddy do several times. She pushed hard with her telekinesis making him fly away from both of them. Ka’tin was pushed past Jack to land hard on the street knocking all his breath out. Jack looked at her with surprise and smiled at the determined look on the little girls face to protect her Mom. She was in a fighting stance like she had seen both of her parents use but they had never seen her do this before other then when she was doing her Kata with the sword. Jack had reached his limit with messing with Ka’tin and just stunned him with the heavy stun from the gauntlet then walked over to Lauren and Sam. He mentally told Sam to watch Ka’tin so that he didn’t get away again and was surprised that Lauren was answering him at the same time mentally. He had never seen any indication of her being able to use any of the powers that they had developed. She was not taking the bitter broth either to develop any of her powers so this was something that was natural.

Koe had told them like he had with George that Lauren was a Guardian just like they were and that she had more abilities then they did but he also said that she was a child and need to do things that any child would do. Logie had taken some of that away when he enhanced her with the learning programs and she was now almost five years old. From what they had just witnessed she was very strong on her own without the bitter broth. Jack and Sam both hugged her and told her what a wonderful thing this was. She wasn’t as strong as either one of them yet but she was still very young. Angel transported all of them including Ka’tin back onboard the ship while Mom was coming down to the planet again. The Ashrack that were still alive on the planet were being located and beamed into a holding buffer onboard both of the ships clearing the entire planet of the presents of Goa’uld. Jack was transported down to the planet again to let them know that they were free now and they would need to start a new government and that he would ask for advisors to be sent to help with that if they wanted assistance. He was told that they would appreciate any assistance that they could provide.

All of the Ashrack were transferred to Gracie’s care and stored in the buffer until it was time to take them out and remove the symbiote to start the long road to recovery. Gracie was able to tell what was in the buffer so the first one she got out was Kell. Ka’tin was removed and destroyed. Jack told her that it would be best to get rid of all of the Goa’uld and asked her to flush the tank into space in orbit above the moon so that it would burn up in the atmosphere on reentry. That moon was larger than Earths but further out so it had the same effect on the planet but it still had a gaseous atmosphere and if the reentry didn’t burn them up the ground smacking them at a high rate of speed would do the job.

Kell was up and out of bed in no time at all asking to see Jack where he could thank him but Janet wasn’t letting him up for any reason until he was fully healed. A lot of things had happened in the last eight months and he was being caught up on everything that they could think of when he was allowed visitors. That wasn’t too often while he was rebuilding his immune system and vulnerable to most infections. Gracie was able to keep him in a safe room where he wouldn’t get sick and she would sterilize anybody that wanted to visit but Janet didn’t like the idea and didn’t allow it most of the time. He was able to use the communications system and could call out any time he wanted to. It was going to take another two weeks to get to the point were he would be able to come out into the real world again.

They had other problems to work out now like the problem of the two children that were taken with Annie and what were they going to say to the parents when they got back to Earth. They were seven years old and too young to be told that they couldn’t say anything about what had happened to them for the last couple of weeks. Jack was sure that Colonel Ferris had made up a good cover story for Don about where his daughter and grand daughter were but that wasn’t so easily done with the other girls. It was decided that they couldn’t do anything with the girls without involving the parents and that would mean that they would need to be brought onboard the Destiny and possibly brought back to Boar’a at least until the girls were old enough to understand that they couldn’t say anything about what they had seen if the wanted to go back to Earth some day. It would be left up to the parents of the children what they wanted to do though, it wasn’t like they would kidnap them and hold them hostage on Boar’a. But the parents could be convinced to sign the none disclosure forms that would keep the secrets safe if they wanted to go back to Earth and take on the responsibility of keeping the children quiet about the space ship and going to other planets.

They would spend some time with the others on Boar’s first. The house that was on the ranch where George and his daughter and grand daughters were living in was finished and the others were most of the way finished but for the time being Augusta and the girls would be staying at the moon base or on the base on Boar’a. One of the first things that Koe had said when he saw Augusta and Annie was that they were of the Guardians also. Annie was also strong but not as strong as Lauren in her powers. He was very quiet when he told Jack of this so that she could be a child like he had wanted Lauren to be for a while longer. Koe was surprised that she was able to use her powers this young and without the help of the bitter broth and also about the flood of power that Sam had come up with when she was fighting the Ashrack’s on the planet. There was nothing in the books about anything like this ever happening before but they had not had a Guardian for several centuries. Now they had more than they knew what to do with.


END