Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Monk

by Twobits
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
This is the first part of the Boar'a series to be followed by Rogue then Kell's Fall and Guardian.
Monk


Colonel Jack O’Neill had been feeling under the weather for the last two months, He didn’t tell anybody but it was starting to worry him. He was only ten years old when he watched his mother die of breast cancer and back in 1965 there wasn’t much anybody could do. Cancer was almost always a death sentence in those days, he didn’t know what was happening to his Mom he just knew that she was sick.

Young Jonathan would've done anything to make her better, one of the boys at school said chicken soup would make someone feel better if they had something like a cold or was it the flu. He had asked his father to make some for his mother but he was drunk again and just pushed him away. Jack had tried to make it himself but he didn’t have any idea how to cook, his mother had always done the cooking for the family. Jack had burnt his hand one time trying to help in the kitchen and after that he was not allowed in to help.

The lump in her breast had metastasized before it was found so the doctors had just sent her home to die with some heavy pain killers that she didn't take much of, she did not like to feel out of control or the heavy drugged feel of the pain killers. She would say that she was fine then get up and do something around the house to keep busy until she wasn't able to get out of the bed anymore.

As his mother became more ill his father began to drink more; an elderly lady that lived in the apartment next door would get him dressed and off to school in the morning and take care of his mother. Jack always came strait home after school never leaving his mothers side until one day he came home and she wasn’t there.

Mrs. O’Malley took him to his mother’s funeral, she even scraped up enough money to buy him a suit for this solemn time in the life of this young man that had always treated her and the other lady’s of the community with respect and curtsy. His father couldn't make it to the funeral, he was in jail again for fighting at the local bar. A couple of the other lady’s had packed Jonathan’s clothes for him.
Mrs.O’Malley took him on the bus to his grandparents on his mother’s side of the family in Minnesota.

Jack had a few cousins that would visit now and then but most of the time it was just him and his grandparents at the house in town. This made for a pretty lonely time for the young boy who was quickly becoming a young man.


Jack didn’t stay in Janet’s office long, as soon as he received the news he thanked her and left. He was going to the one place he felt that he could find comfort. As he was about to rounded the corner going to Sam’s lab he overheard Sam telling Daniel that she couldn’t go to the movies with him and Teal’c tonight she had a date.

They came around the corner to see a very white, shaken Colonel who just turned and walked the other way. Jack walked to the locker room and opened his locker up, he put his keys and wallet on the top shelf then walked out, he went to the control room telling Walter to dial P3X-771 then just left. Walter did as he was told by the base 2IC. The worm hole opened and as soon as it had settled down Jack walked through without saying a word.

The next day Janet Frasier was looking for Colonel O’Neill, he wasn't to be found on the base and she needed to tell him where and when he was to start his chemotherapy. She stopped by Sam’s lab.

“Sam, have you seen Colonel O’Neill? I need to talk to him about some treatment options.”

“No I haven’t seen him since yesterday evening. But you know he looked very pale and shaken then he just left without saying a word.”

“He got some bad news yesterday and I was thinking he would come by your lab for a shoulder to cry on, even big boys like the Colonel need a shoulder now and then.”

Daniel came walking in looking inquisitive about then. “Who needs a shoulder to cry on and why?”

“Oh Daniel, we were just talking about Colonel O’Neill, have you seen him today?”

“No, as a matter of fact he had a meeting this morning that he no showed on.”

“The General is very upset about it and wanted to see Jack the minuet he walks on the base. I’ve tried to call his house several times and he isn’t answering his phone.”

Sam looked perplexed for a moment. “His trucks still in the parking lot, I parked next to it this morning.”

“Maybe he stayed on base last night and overslept.”

They all new that was almost impossible but it was worth seeing about. They went as a group to his quarters where Sam knocked several times. No answer, they tried the knob which was open. His room was neat and clean, the bed hadn't been slept in. the next stop was the dinning room, no Colonel there either.

“Sam, do you think he might have heard our conversation last night?”

“It’s possible, he was just around the corner while we were talking. What difference would that make?”

“You said you had a date and you were dressed up.”

Janet looked surprised. ”You mean that Jack didn’t know you were taking Cassy to dinner and a movie?”

“I hadn’t had a chance to ask him if he wanted to go with us and when he walked off I didn’t think he was in the mood to go.”

Janet was looking very worried now. “Look we need to fine Jack right now by whatever means we necessary. I want him in my office in five minuets do you understand?”

She left the group to go back to her office; she had some phone calls to make. Sam went to Jack's office in case he was doing some of his paperwork or more likely playing with his yoyo.

Daniel went by the locker room thinking he may be in the shower. When he got there he didn’t find Jack but he did see that Jack's locker was open just a little. Daniel opened the locker and saw the wallet and keys on the top shelf, Daniel was thinking that it was an odd thing for Jack to do, he always had his keys and wallet. What really shocked him was the picture of Charlie O’Neill was missing from the door.

Daniel started to panic which was something he never did anymore, until then. He ran to the control room getting there at the same time as Sam did.

“Daniel, what’s the hurry?”

Daniel didn’t answer he just grabbed the log book for the gate and started looking through yesterdays log. He went to P3X-771 last night at 6:22 PM (Daniel understood military time but he didn’t like to use it.)

He and Sam went to the infirmary to let Janet know what they had found; it was also odd that he went by himself without telling anybody. When they got to the infirmary Janet was just getting off the phone.

“Janet, Jack left through the Stargate last night alone.”

Daniel told her about finding his wallet and keys in the locker room and Sam had stopped by the armory on the way down, he hadn't checked out any weapons.

Janet paled, Jack's medical records were on the disk in front of her. Sam knew that Janet wouldn't break privilege to tell them what the problem was. She picked the folder up and started reading, now it was Sam’s turn to pale.

Daniel was getting frustrated. “Well, what is it?”

Sam was very quiet when she answered him, not because she was afraid that some one would hear but because she was in shock herself. “Daniel, Jack has cancer and it is already starting to spread.”

Janet was bleak. “That’s not all; his mother died of cancer back in 1965 when he was ten, his father was an alcoholic who committed suicide three years later by shooting himself in the head with an old service revolver.”

“His grand parents that raised him died about fifteen years ago in a car accident, he was all alone.”

“Colonel O’Neill has gone off to die by himself.”

Sam started crying, she couldn’t stop herself, she felt like it was her fault for not being there when he needed her. Now he left thinking she had a hot date with some guy. Which that made her cry even more now that she knew that he felt alone before and the only reason he would have been in the hall was to come see her.

Between gasping sobs Sam was able to ask. “How long will he have?”

“With this kind of cancer and no treatment I’d say at the most six months.” At that point Sam fainted.

Janet called in some of the orderlies to help her get Sam into a bed while giving her a mild sedative to calm her and maybe let her sleep some of the shock off. Daniel was nearly as bad as Sam was so Janet did the same thing to him.


Jack went through several Stargate’s before coming to a world that was in a summer setting, it was hot outside but there was a tree near by, he walked over to sit in the shade.

A person came by in a dark home spun robe, he said something to Jack but he was not able to understand a word that he said so Jack just shook his head letting the man know that he couldn't understand him.

The man held out his hand to help Jack up, he made a motion for Jack to walk with him down the road. They walked for about five miles coming to a castle of stone. It looked kind of medieval which made Jack think about Daniel and what a pile of goose bumps he would have had seeing this.

They went inside where the man had Jack change into one of the robes taking his clothes and boots into another room. There was a small bed in the room and he motioned for Jack to lie down before he left, Jack was exhausted from the short walk. He was tired and he hurt all over, Jack knew that was something that would get worse and not get better.

Jack had made his peace with the world, he had left everything to Sam, his house, the cabin, his truck everything that mattered to him went to the one person that mattered the most to him. Now all he had to do was to die.

Death didn't bother him, he knew that we all would die at some time; it’s just some way’s are better than others. Jack had thought about getting it over quickly but he didn’t want to go like his father, then there was the fact that his mother had stayed to the end for him and he wasn't going to let her lesson on how to die bravely go to waste. He was going to stick it out for as long as it took, he just wouldn’t do it in front of his friends.

Jack slept for about an hour until another monk came in motioning for him to come with him. Down the hall and to the left was a slightly larger room where several monks were seated around a table they invited Jack to set at the low table with them.

A bowl of some kind of gruel which is roughly ground wheat mixed with water, very bland, this caused Jack's stomach to do flips even though he hadn't eaten in the last two days. The monks noticed that Jack looked a little green around the gills, one of the monks started using his thumb to press in certain locations on Jack's upper body causing him to feel better in just a short while. Then another monk come up and started moving his hands around Jack's body without touching him, later he found out that the monk was manipulating the aura around his body to adjust the flow of life energy. Jack wasn't sure what they did but he did feel better and he was able to eat although he wasn't real fond of gruel, it was all they had and he would not insult them by refusing.

Jack was led back to his room where the first monk that he met came in with a bowl of bitter broth of some kind. He motioned for Jack to drink it, the monk smiled at the face Jack made when he tasted the broth but again they were trying to help him so he did as he was ask. Jack thought back to his mother again and the chicken soup which caused him to smile and depressed him at the same time.


Sam got up the next morning and left the infirmary, she went strait to her lab and started the most complicated projects that she could think of doing. She didn’t leave the lab except to use the restroom and to shower now and then, she had a cot brought in to sleep on, Daniel and Teal’c would bring food by but it mostly went uneaten.

After a week General Hammond made a trip down to her lab, she was making an amazing amount of discoveries and the work she was producing was top notch but he wanted her out of the lab and he wanted to know why she wasn't taking any missions.

“With all do respect Sir, I can't go through the Stargate again without thinking I will see Jack's body laying on the ground or behind a bush out there somewhere.”

General Hammond hadn't really thought about that until she said it.

“Very well Major, I'll reassign you to lab work only but I want you to get out of here for a while; Do you understand what I am saying--- Sam.”


“Yes Sir!”

Then General George Hammond did what nobody thought he would ever do, he gave his God daughter a hug and a light kiss on the forehead. “I’m sorry Sam, I know how hard this is on you.”

He left; she dropped down on her cot and started crying again.


Jack was carrying water with the other monks two weeks later, he had been feeling better every day. The water was in two twenty gallon bags hung over a pole that had notches in it to hold the bags in place, the whole thing weighted about one hundred and sixty pounds which wasn't too bad but they were carrying it uphill for several miles then up stairs to a cistern for use in the monastery.

Jack had been in good shape before he got sick and hadn't lost too much of that strength. Now he was getting stronger, every day the other monks would to the body press and chi flow manipulations while giving him the bitter broth at night.

The order was mostly vegetarian with very simple diets but they did eat fish, to Jack's great delight he was assigned to do the fishing. If he wasn’t able to get enough fish for their meal the other monks would bring a power down and throw it on the water. They would stand down stream or wade into the water to throw the fish to the bank where they were gathered and cleaned. Jack took pride in the fact that they didn’t have to do this when he was fishing.

He was sitting on the bank of the river one evening while he was fishing, he was watching a beautiful sunset which made him think of Carter and how they would watch the sunsets on other planets and sometimes the sunrises together. Sam Carter was going on a date on the day that he was going to tell her that he had cancer, he didn’t want to spoil a nice evening that she had planed and was looking rather nice for. Now he was sad again, he gathered his fish then made his way back to the Cloister.


General Hammond had known that Sam Carter wouldn’t leave the sanctuary of her lab where she could work herself to the bone. That way she didn't have to think of Jack being sick and dying on a far away planet by himself. He pulled out his secret weapon, Teal’c. He brought the big man into his office telling him what he thought was going on and what they should try to do about it.

Teal’c had been thinking the same thing, having already planed to speak to Major Carter. The talk with the General had only reinforced his thinking and gave him something else to use on Samantha Carter. He went strait to her lab.

In the last two weeks Samantha Carter had lost nearly twenty pounds. She looked like a walking skeleton, her hair was a mess. Janet had told them that this was a severe case of depression and if they couldn’t do something for her she was going to put her on drug therapy or hospitalize her which she wanted to avoid if possible.

Teal’c went in to stand behind her as she slept on her key board; she felt his presents behind her waking her out of a sound sleep. She looked at him with a groggy expression and key marks on her face. Then she looked down at the keyboard and made a face of disgust, she took the USB keyboard off the computer throwing it into a pile of other key boards in the corner to replace it with another one. She had drooled on the keyboard again. The IT department on base had started to leave a stack in her office.

“Major Carter, I must discuss a problem with you concerning your behavior the last few weeks.”

Sam wasn't happy now that Teal’c had joined in on the parade of people who wanted her to leave the one place that she could do something besides think about Jack. Even that didn’t work all the time, she was just having a dream about him and it wasn't the pleasant kind that left her with a smile on her face in the morning.

“Yes Major Carter, we need your help to bring someone home that is missing.”

“No Teal’c, I don’t go on missions anymore, I can’t!”

“You are needed more than any other person on this base for this mission. No one else will be able to do this. It is your duty as an officer to assist with this recovery mission. General Hammond has sent me here to personally prepare you for this mission.”

Sam was not happy about this at all. “Who's lost now, and why do I have to take this mission?”

“We are to locate Colonel O’Neill and either bring him back to die with his friends or to bring his remains back to be interred along side his son, Charlie.”

Sam broke down into a sobbing mass into the big arms of her friend. He held her, comforting her the best he could but he was not too experienced at this sort of thing, once again he wished that his friend O’Neill was here to help with this problem.

When she had cried herself out again he spoke softly with a deep rumbling in his chest where she still had her ear. “We need to clean you up and get your weight back up to a reasonable norm in order to go on this mission. When we find Colonel O’Neill he will be upset if you are in the shape that you are in now.”

She shook her head letting him know that what he said was correct. “I’ll go clean up and meet you in the mess hall in thirty minuets.”

Sam showered then dressed in her civilian clothes which were jeans and a pullover shirt, she had worn them into the base two weeks ago but now they just bagged off of her. She had a belt but it didn’t go down far enough to keep her pants up. She finally give up and went to stores to requisition a shirt and pants that would fit. Once she was dressed and presentable again she went to the mess hall; Teal’c, Daniel and Janet were all there.

One of them had already gotten the food for her, as a team they all new what she liked and didn’t like to eat. There was a large portion of food with cake with some chocolate ice cream on the side. At first the cake reminded her of Jack and his love of cake but she new that she would need to regain her weight to be able to go on this mission.

Sam ate well that day and she felt better knowing that she would be going out to find Jack if that were possible, to bring him home to be with his family even if it was post mortem. She had been told that Jack had left the house, the truck and everything to her which she couldn’t believe he would do such a thing for her. Now she felt that she must have been his only family and didn’t even know it. She gathered up the keys to his truck then left the base.

Her first stop was to the cemetery where Charlie O’Neill was buried. She drifted up and down the lanes until she found what she was looking for, the grave of Charlie O’Neill, on the other side was Charlie Kowalski, Charlie’s O’Neill’s God Father.

On the right side next to Charlie was a marker that said Jack O’Neill with a berth date but no death date yet, then there was an unmarked area next to Jack's. Sam left then with a new mission, she was going to see Sarah O’Neill to get some information.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack was playing one afternoon after carrying the water, he was just wearing the home spun knee length trousers that they wore for working in and a rope tied on to keep the pants from falling to his ankles while he had his hands full. He had the shaft that they used to carry the water bags in his hand. Kell was one of the other monks that were young (about thirty) that was working with him. Jack poked him with the end of the staff playfully. Kell smiled taking up the challenge, when he tried to poke Jack it was blocked by his staff then Jack spun the staff around poking Kell again.

Soon the water gathering was forgotten while the men used the staff’s moving in a faster and faster pattern of maneuvers. It didn’t take long till the other monks joining in on the activities, Jack explained to the best of his ability to communicate that it was good exercises teaching balance and form.

Jack taught the way Teal’c had taught him in a series of movements and free sparring. When one of the monks would get a bruise the other monks were quick to help heal him so that he didn't miss work and so that his suffering was eased. Jack was taught how to use the pressure points to relieve pain and channel chi flow. Manipulating the aura was a little harder but he had nothing but time for however long that lasted.

Before he left the SGC Jack had been loosing weight fast. Not being able to hold food down will do that to a person. Now he was gaining a small amount of weight back but the diet here was not one that would readily cause a person to gain weight and with the hard work it was all turning into muscle anyway. His knee’s had stopped hurting after the first week there, no more grinding and popping if he bent or squatted down.

The monks did do a form of meditation which Jack just did kel_no_ream as Teal’c had taught him to do. At those times he would use the image of Sam Carter to focus his energy and strength, the thought of her calmed him but stimulated him at the same time. He hadn’t been around a female in a long time so he was glad the robes were large and he would stay in the meditation hall for a while after the session was over. The other monks just smiled at him as they left.

They didn't have cold showers there but the river was cold and so he would run in the evenings to loosen up and relax then he would bath in the river. The village wasn't too far from where they gathered their water making it common knowledge that Jack had a habit if running for a long distance then he would bath in that spot. A few of the other monks started running with him and now there were five of them when they got to the river.

While they were bathing one day a couple of the young girls from town pulled a prank. The men were in the water not paying attention to the bank of the river when the girls took their clothes hanging them about two hundred feet away from the waters edge in a different tree.

The girls were all sixteen and seventeen years old by Jack's estimation meaning that they were married or would be married soon. They were considered grown women. Considered grown or not to Jack they were still kids out to have a good time. The girls thought this was going to be a group of fat old monks that they had pulled the trick on and were very surprised to see five very strong healthy men walk out of the water to get their clothing.

Jack gave the girls who thought they were well hidden a smile and a wink then he put on his robe then turned and walked back to the monastery.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sarah saw Jack's truck pull into the driveway and had a little bit of a thrill knowing that Jack was coming to see her. When she opened the door though it wasn’t Jack it was a rather thin blond woman wearing a dark pair of sun glasses just like Jack would be and wearing green BDU’s.

“May I help you?”

Sam looked a little perplexed at the moment. “Yes you may, I need to get some background information on your ex husband Jack O’Neill please.”

Sarah invited her in then went into the kitchen to make some coffee. When she came back Sam was sitting quietly looking at the mantel of the fireplace where she had more pictures of Charlie than Jack did; a few of Sarah and Jack and some of Jack by himself or with his old squad, Kawalsky was in a lot of them.

Sarah sat the coffee mug down on the coffee table while setting at the other end of the couch. “So what kind of information do you need that isn't in his folder or classified so high that only the President can look at it.”

“Actually what I need to ask is not classified or in his files, I need you to tell me about Jack the person.” Realization dawned on Sarah then, this person wanted to who Jack really was.

Sarah soon found out that Sam knew who Jack was on a deep down level that went even further than she had known him and she was married to him for twelve years.

Sam ask about Kawalsky which turned into an interesting afternoon, Sarah told her that Jack wouldn’t tell her about Iraq saying it was for her own peace of mind and it would be better if she didn’t know. It had really bothered her that he wouldn’t talk about this with her so she asked Charlie Kawalsky what happened.

Charlie wasn't able to give her all the details of a classified mission but he did say that on their way back they were notified by Angel One that they had a downed pilot about two clicks from their position that needed help. They were all tired and in need of rest but Jack pushed them until they were ready to drop to save that pilot.

It would seem that half of the Iraqi army was on their tail when they got to the pilot. It was a female pilot that had been shot down in a fighter jet but I don’t remember what kind it was.

Charlie said the woman had short blond hair and that she looked up one time strait into Jack's eyes with a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes that he had ever seen. He said she only looked into Jack's eyes before she passed out. At that moment the Iraqi army started firing on their position.

Jack knew he wouldn’t be able to get her and his team to safety unless they had cover and a very good distraction. He told Kawalsky and his team to take the pilot in an indirect route out of the area while he set a few traps and did a little damage.

He took all the C4, detonators and all the ammo they could spare. Then he proceeded to blow up the jet along with two dozen of the Iraqi solders who were having their pictures taken in front of a downed American Jet, he also blew up a half track with the senior military officers of the area in it. Then two tanks blew up.

Jack was spotted as he tried to leave the area by a sharp eyed solder that got lucky for once in his life; that was soon over when Jack shot him. Jack was wounded in that skirmish and taken prisoner. That is all that I was told about the incident.

“I only knew about that because Charlie broke more than a few regulations and gave some classified information to a non military person which could have landed him in prison.”

“But I'm so thankful that he did.”

“You're the first person I've ever told that to.”

Sam was somewhat shocked about the story; she had been shot down in Iraq and saved by a group of solders that were not supposed to be in that area. She also knew that she was the only female jet pilot with blond hair in Iraq, There weren't many women pilots in the area and she had known all of them. Now that Sarah had said the woman looking into Jack's eyes she did remember waking up and looking into the most beautiful brown eyes she had ever seen.

Sam got up thanking Sarah for the coffee and the information, and started to leave. Sarah stopped her with a question of her own.

“Sam where is Jack and what has happened to him? I see that you're driving his truck and he wouldn’t let just anybody drive his favorite truck.”

Sam knew that like Charlie Kawalsky she needed to tell Sarah something about the man she had been married to and still loved.

“I know that I'm not supposed to tell anybody this but I know that you can keep a secret better than most, he was diagnosed with cancer and it has started to spread. The doctor gave him at the most six months to live. He heard me say something that he took the wrong way and he left the complex going very far away. I'm now in charge of finding him and bringing him home to the people that care about him or recovering his body to be interred beside your son.”

Sam left without another word, she couldn’t have said anything if she wanted to she was crying and needed to leave.

Daniel and Janet were ecstatic that Sam had come out of her lab and agreed to take this assignment, she had eaten and left the base for a while. Janet had found out that the Mrs. O’Malley that had helped take care of Jack when he was so young and in need of help was related to the man that owned the O’Malley’s restaurant here in town. It had taken a lot of research to get Jack's background but having several of the countries top computer scientist at her disposal and the clearance to get just about all the information they needed, the truth was exposed at last.

When Sam came back to the base that evening she was gathered up and taken to the restaurant, after a couple of beers and a belly full she played a couple of games of pool against the guys then went back to the base to bed. She didn’t want to go to her house yet, there were too many memories of things that she and Jack did and things she wanted to do.

It would be another two weeks until Janet would let her go through the Stargate and only then if she gained back the weight then she had to meet the physical fitness requirements. She started jogging again and working out in the gym along with eating high starch and high calorie meals along with a healthy amount of protein and vegetables.

She had a mission and she was going to bring Jack O’Neill back one way or the other but he would be coming home or she would die trying. If for some strange reason she wasn't able to bring him back home then she would stay with him, she was not leaving him again; Ever.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack didn’t have a yoyo to play with and he was going out of his mind trying to find something to do with his hands. He found some of the cord they tied their robes with which was about a quarter of an inch thick and braided, he was playing with that when he saw the clapper of an old bell that had broken.

It was in a tear drop shape with a hole drilled through the small end where the clapper was attached to the rope inside the bell. He took the clapper and tied the rope through the hole with one of his fishing knots. At the large end of the clapper it had another ring attached so that another rope could be attached for ringing the bell. The ring had broken off into two even points at the larger end. Jack took the time that evening before he went to bed to sharpen the points. His toy was now finished with a loop tied off the other end of the ten foot cord. Kell was watching as he played knowing that this man knew how to entertain himself and do useful work at the same time.

Jack had seen and was very interested in the Chinese use of a martial arts weapon called a Dragon’s Tear. He had just made one now he needed to learn how to use it. The martial arts experts which were from several countries would swing the weight around then catch it on the back side of the elbow or under their extended foot to make it shoot out at a tremendous speed and with enough practice it was very accurate.

Some of the monks were pretty good at metal work so Jack showed them how to make improvements on the basic design by putting a single small blade on the end or some wanted four spikes on the end instead. Jack fired up the coal pit and started to make a sword but the elder monks didn’t like it and asked him to stop. He did as he was asked to do, it had something to do with only using weapons without an edge and he wasn't going to point out the small blade at the end of the Dragon’s Tear that everybody was playing with.

Kell was the first to start doing tricks with the Tear as they had started calling the weapon. Kell would stand a pole in the ground then as he shot out at the pole someone would call out whether he was to stick the blade into the pole and jerk it back into his hand or let the weight slide past the pole then he would jerk the line causing the weight to wrap around the pole to tyeing it up and pull it back at the same time. The trick was learned soon by all the monks that were playing with the Tear.

Jack had shown them how to swing the Tear around the body in different patterns so that an enemy couldn’t guess where the weighted end would be so they could block it and it added speed to the Tear which meant it would strike harder and was harder to block. With more training he was able to pull and throw the weighted end of the Tear very fast most of the time without anybody being able to see it.

The group of monks that would run in the evening before they bathed was growing larger; the elder also noticed that they had several new applicants wanting to join the order which pleased him very much. The people in the town now saw that the monks were not just there for themselves but for the community also.

Jack was helping with the local farmers doing simple things like showing them how to irrigate their corps while pointing out points for drainage. He showed them how to break up the soil with sand and fertilizer where it was too hard and in poor health then showed them about using high nitrogen crops in areas to keep the soil from depleting.

Jack helped the community and economy by starting more trading with the towns around them. He showed them how to make special items like, cookware and plates, servers, pitchers, cups with different designs and glazes after showing them how to properly fire stoneware.

They had some things that were kind of nice but when he showed some of the people, mostly the women of the town how to use a potters wheel and a sharp stick to cut patterns in the soft clay after it was fired the first time. They started to take off on their own coming up with different designs and patterns that were unique to the area. The village began to get a reputation for being the place to go to get the really fine things.

Jack went to town elders to help them do some planning. The town was now producing high quality merchandise which meant that other craftsmen would want to live in the area to take advantage of the crowds of people that would be coming into the area which would cause a boom in the local sales.

He was using Kell as an interpreter to get his point across, if the people of the town wanted to grow at a rate that would be acceptable and well planed they would need to make a city grid map and start building the shops as a community. When the people wanted to move into the city to set up shop their building would be already set up and they would need to buy the building from the people that built them.

This would keep the money in the community rather than having someone from the outside doing the building that was not to the standards needed for a safe place to shop. It would also give them a way to maintain the streets in a strait line rather than having them winding all over because someone decided to put a building where the road was supposed to be. The planning went over great and they saw the need and feasibility of doing the work involve to help their community to grow.

Jack also told them how to set up a fair tax system that would help the town to make improvements which could be by a sales tax or community work groups. That way the people could work off their taxes a little at a time building roads and working on the community projects.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The next day Sam left the lab a little early, she got in the truck and went to the grocery store first, then strait to Jack's house, she put the groceries away after cleaning out the refrigerator. She noticed that the trash was to be picked up the next day by all the trash can’s on the curb so she did the same.

This didn't take long; Jack was a neat person although it was hard to tell from his office but she knew that his desk was full of old reports that he hadn't finished instead of trash.

She went through the mail and looked up his finances to see what needed to be paid at the moment. She again was amazed that he didn’t have much as far as bills to pay, he had paid for the truck outright and the lean on the house was clear. He used a CPA to pay the other bills like the water and power because of his frequent trips out of town he had told them.

She went outside to the rose garden to pull a few weeds that had sprung up over the last couple of weeks then mowed the lawn.

Sarah had been shaken about the news of Jack's cancer and his sudden departure. She was driving by Jack's house wishing there was something that she could do for him but his own team didn’t even know where to look for him. When she looked at the house she saw Jack's truck and Sam was finishing mowing the yard. She pulled to the curb watching Sam put the lawnmower away. Sarah went to the porch and waited for Sam to come around the house.

Sam was sweating some from the warm day plus mowing the yard; she saw Sarah and gave her a smile. “Sarah, how nice to see you again, is there something I can do for you?”

“Yes, now I have some questions that you may be able to answer for me.”

They went inside, this time it was Sam’s turn to make the coffee and play the good hostess. Sam sat the coffee on the coffee table as Sarah had done the day before.

“So what kind of questions do you need answered?”

“I know that Jack left most of his possessions to you, but who is John O’Neill and Cassandra Frasier; and I would like to know what your relationship is with Jack.”

Sam was a little flustered with the questions she couldn't answer them very well.

Sarah saw the look in Sam’s eyes. “I know that John O’Neill is not his brother as the Will said he is and he is not a nephew or cousin either.”

Sam went to the cabinet bringing out the photo album, she opened the pages to the pictures of Cassy when she was a little younger.

“This is Cassandra Frasier, she was orphaned when she was only about eleven years old, she didn’t have anybody at all to take care of her, we brought her home with us. I almost adopted her myself but with our schedule of going out of the country all the time it was impossible to take care of her. Dr. Janet Frasier adopted her, Jack is like a father to her while I am more like an aunt or big sister to her but she means the world to both of us.”

Sam turned the page to some pictures of John and Jack on the dock at the cabin fishing together. Sarah was surprised at seeing them together.

“John is the spitting image of Jack when he was that age; But how?”

“Jack got drunk in San Diego about seventeen years ago, when he passed out a woman took advantage of him. John looked him up a couple of years ago when his mother married a man that John didn’t get along with. He's been with Jack ever since.”

Sarah was looking upset that her husband at the time could do something like that to her. “Sarah, remember that I said that he was passed out, he didn’t know what was going on and didn't remember any of it but the results are evident. Jack did not cheat on you with this woman. He was raped for all intents and purposes. Jack didn't take it out on his son though and it is easer to explain that he is his brother than his son.”

Sam was rather proud of herself for that on the spot cover story.

“So, what is your relationship with Jack?”

“Nothing really, he is my commanding officer so we can’t have a relationship.”

Sarah smiled at her. “Why not, he is a good looking man and I know that he is interested in you or he wouldn’t have left everything to you.”

Sam was turning very red. “We have feelings for each other but there is nothing physical going on.”

Sarah gave her a knowing look.

“I hope you haven’t waited too long; If you find him in time, tell him. I know Jack O’Neill; he needs to hear you say the words as much as you need to hear them.”

Sarah finished her coffee said good bye and left.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack's next project was to build a water mill that would be used to power a grinding wheel and also could be used to power a pump so that he didn’t have to carry water everyday. He enlisted the help of the men from the town telling them that this new thing would help irrigate their fields and put water in their house with all ease.

It took a while to draw out the plans for the building and to get the gear ratios correct, it had been a long time since he had done any drafting work, his engineering classes were a few years ago also.

It didn’t take the men long to build the retention pond and spillway that would power the water wheel. Once the drawing was done the men started looking for ways to improve the design by using some of their individual skills in the field. Jack was happy that he was able to get them started, one of the men was a wheel wrights, he had an idea for using some bearings on the main shaft of the wheel to reduce ware and friction one of the black smith said he could put a metal sheath over the shaft making it last considerably longer. It was turning into a monster but this is what it took to make progress in a community, everybody working together.

Most of the farmers were now bringing the monks some of their crops in gratitude for Jack's help, the women were bringing some of their pottery by for them to have also in thanks.

One of the farmers saw Jack putting some of the rinds and scraps into a pile of leaves and grass, he asked what Jack was doing that for. Jack then explained the use of compost and how to turn it daily then when it was at the right stage he would put it on the garden making a very rich soil that would grow much larger produce. Jack took the farmer into the garden that he had started. He simply knelt down pushing his hand into the soil easily where it had been mixed with sand, compost and top soil with a small amount of fertilizer. The plants that were growing in the garden were twice the size of the farmers and four times greener.

Jack demonstrated how to make the compost and about how much water to add before mixing it, then showed him how to mix the soil, sand, compost and fertilizer in the proper mixtures. Jack ask the man to show the other farmers what he had learned. The man left with a smile and a new purpose that day.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam started out slow, she would run five miles in the morning then shower dress and go into the mountain to have breakfast with Teal’c and Daniel, Janet would show up some time grabbing a cup of coffee and stealing a piece of toast off Daniel. He always got extra for her and he would talk her into sitting down with them to have a cinnamon roll, sometimes he would even get her to eat a full breakfast with them.

Janet was pleased with the progress Sam was making on getting her weight back to normal, Sam was looking much healthier. Janet was not fooled though, if she did find Jack after it was too late Sam would probably be buried next to him at the same time. Janet found out that Sarah had sold the burial plot next to Jack back to the people at the cemetery. Sam had bought it without even asking what the price was. Janet knew that Sam had plans that no one else knew about and would not find out about until it was too late. She also knew that there was nothing in the world she could do about it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack had been there for six weeks now, he was doing well and had thought of leaving to go back to Earth but there was nothing there for him now. He was sure that Sam had moved on with her life which he wouldn't be able to witness without falling to pieces, he would just stay where he was to live and die as a monk.

He was picking up the language fairly well now making it easer to teach the classes with the staff and Dragon’s Tear. He would have loved to teach swordsmanship, but he respected the wishes of the elder monks.

Jack went to the leather worker in town asking him to make a special whip. It was to be ten feet long with a metal blade on the end and a spring loaded blade in the handle. Jack was not teaching this weapon to the monks or locals it was his; Jack had him make two of them.

He asked what he could do to pay for the mans services but the smith wouldn’t have anything to do with payment after all that Jack had done for the community. The leather smith was especially happy that there was a water tower in town now giving him water at the turn of a valve.

Jack had explained the use and purpose of a sanitary sewer system to go with the new water system, telling them that it would cut down on sickness and make the town smell much better.

Two weeks later he had his whips learning how to slice and dice from ten feet away with extreme accuracy, of course he wasn't able to go anywhere without Kell finding out what he was doing.

Kell asked what he was doing going out by himself so much lately. He thought Jack might be having an affair with one of the girls in town that were following him everywhere he went with big doe eyes. Jack told him that he didn’t want a girl and there was only one woman for him but she was out of bounds now so he was to be nothing but a monk.

When Kell pressed about what he was doing he pulled out the twin set of whips that he was carrying under his robes. Twelve feet away was a group of saplings that were about two inches thick, with the length of his arms that was about where it needed to be.

The blades on the end of the whips were sharp and with the force of the whip moving at nearly the speed of sound it was a lethal combination. Kell backed off while Jack tore into the saplings with precision. He made small wood out of the trees in the blink of an eye.

He made an overhand rolling action causing the knives to stick firmly into another tree one on top of another then he did another motion like he was whipping rains on a buggy causing the knives to pull free landing at his feet. Jack pushed the button on the handles causing both of the eight inch knives to spring out and lock into place.

Kell was standing wide eyed at the demonstration. He had never seen such destruction rot so quickly by one man. Jack did show Kell how to use the whips after he promised that he wouldn't tell anyone else about his toys.

Two weeks later Kell had his own set of whips under his robes, the leather smith made Kell’s with a different color of leather so the men could tell them apart easily.


SG1 had been off world for three weeks now; they were stationed at the Alpha sight making trips out daily using motorcycles to cover more distance. When they would come through the gate it was only a moment before they were off the ramp moving across the countryside.

If there were people around the gate they would ask if anyone had seen Jack while showing a picture of him. On three worlds they said they had seen him, he only stayed for a couple of days then went back through the Chapa’i again. They all said he had been very sad and sick but they were not able to do anything to help the man.

Sam relinquished after a while letting Daniel and Teal’c go to Earth for a rest but she was staying at the Alpha sight. After they left she made several trips by herself, on one world she ran into hostiles that were not happy with a woman coming through their circle of the gods, it was a sacrilege, blasphemous. They were making threatening gestures most wanting to string her to the gate as a reminder to other women to never go near the circle. Sam wasn't in a mood to put up with this crap and she was by herself. She gave an evil smile as they came forward to punish the blasphemer.

Sam stood her ground on the motorcycle ripping them up with her P90, they would think twice about having a woman coming through the circle of the gods. Now they would have some respect for any woman that came through the Stargate. They were pretty bloodied up but she didn’t kill any of them. Most would have a limp to remember the woman on the iron horse that rolled through the circle.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It was a few weeks later when one of the local boys come running up to the Cloister babbling about the circle of water shooting out and the devils coming.

Jack picked up his staff taking off at a run for the Stargate. He had been told of Goa’uld coming through taking the young men and women while killing anybody that got in their way. Kell was right by his side all the way to the gate, Jack slowed down taking cover then moving up slowly.

There were eight Jaffa holding three of the girls that had taken their robe’s at the river a few months ago. The Jaffa weren't interested in taking the girls back to the Goa’uld, as the Jaffa started ripping the clothes off the young women Jack and Kell stood. Jack spoke in perfect Goa’uld telling them they were disgusting and immoral then he told them to prepare to meet the real God.

He threw off his robe leaving him in his work pants while he unfurled his whips, Kell was doing the same thing while giving Jack room to maneuver freely. The Jaffa all laughed at the sight of these monks that thought they could take on the mighty Jaffa.

One of the more outspoken Jaffa told them to go away they had things to do. He charged his staff weapon getting ready to dispense with the two men when each of the knives at the end of Jack's whips went through his eyes into his brain killing him instantly.

This got the attention of the other Jaffa who let the girls go to get their weapons but they were slowed down having their clothes half off where they were preparing to do things that they shouldn't be doing. Kell went from the left and Jack went from the right, the Jaffa didn’t have a chance.

Jack knew they had gotten lucky this time because the Jaffa hadn't taken them seriously. The next group was going to be a lot harder to get close to. Jack took their weapons then picked up one of the Zat’s shooting each body three times making them disintegrate.

He and Kell helped the girls up giving them as much comfort as possible. The men gave their robes to two girls while the other one was able to straiten her clothes and hold them together. They walked them back to town while carrying the confiscated weapons.

When they got back to the Cloister Jack gathered the best of the monks that had been learning the staff weapons taking them into the field to learn to use the staff weapons.

The broth that the monks had been giving Jack had caused his hair to grow at a very fast rate but it had also caused it to turn dark almost black. He had pulled it back into a pony tail tying it off with a leather strap. He would have cut his hair but the elders said it was an act of vanity to cut their hair short.

Jack needed a shock that would stun the Jaffa for just a second like the mask that the ninja and Swat teams used. He ran into town into the local store telling them that he needed some supplies and why he needed them. The store owner was the mother of one of the girls, she gave him a hug and a tearful thank you for saving her little girl from those horrible men. She told him that he could have anything in the store or all if he needed it. He gathered the things that he needed then quickly left.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

When Daniel and Teal’c came back to the Alpha sight Sam was more than ready to get back to business. The last planet she had gone to Jack had befriended a young boy while he was there, the boy had watched as he entered the glyphs to the planet that he was going to. The child had written the symbols down in case he could persuade his parents to let him go visit his friend. Sam had gotten the address yesterday. It was all she could do to wait for them to get ready.

When the next group of Jaffa came through there was ten this time, they were being much more professional than the last group.They were there to do a job. The next thing that Jack noticed was that they were the Jaffa of Ba’al. Jack and Kell walked up slowly like monks were supposed to do greeting the travelers. Jack spoke in Goa’uld again speaking to the leader of the group.

“Greetings, Jaffa of the great lord Ba’al. How may we be of service to you?”

The Jaffa looked at them with disgust. “Be gone priest, we hunt for host not weak holy men.”

Jack spoke to Kell in his language. “Be very careful of the Jaffa with the black aura he is the most dangerous. Leave the one in the back left, he is not of this group.”

The leader of the Jaffa was about to push Jack out of the way when his robe fell to the ground, he was wearing his normal work pants but he had white body paint all over his face neck and upper body. There was a red stripe that went across his eyes with it all was framed by his dark hair.

Kell was a little different but close to the same. His stripe was black in the shape of a sideways S. Kell was standing further back bringing out his whip knives while Jack used the two machetes he had gotten from the store. This was in close combat where he liked it best.
The long weapons of the Jaffa were not as effective as the shorter bladed weapons were, with Kell on the outside laying waste to anybody in range.

The gate suddenly sprang forth discharging three motorcycles into the mass battle that was going on at the moment. The Jaffa with the dark aura made a break for it when staff blast started raining down from all angles.

Sam stopped her bike to take aim at a Jaffa, she was just about to pull the trigger when a weighted rope pulled the P90 out of her hands. She looked at the dark haired man with the red going across his white face that was now holding her weapon.

She pulled both of her pistols pointing one at the Jaffa the other one at the strange man. “Sam, No, he's Tok'ra!”

She had a chill that ran through her entire body. That was Jack's voice.

Kell wasn't sure what was going on he didn’t understand the language that they were speaking but he did recognize that Jack new these people, even the big dark Jaffa that was holding a staff weapon on him.

Sam ran to Jack nearly knocking him down with the force of the hug she hit him with. She was crying and kissing him all over his face.

Daniel and Teal’c were still on guard trying to cover all angles. Jack told them to stand down. Neither of them had recognized him until he had given the order.

He told Sam to take care of the Tok'ra while he went after the Ashrack. Jack said something in a language that Daniel didn't understand.

“Teal’c, come with me, Daniel you and Sam guard the gate, do not let that Ashrack get off this planet. I'll have some of the town’s people help you.”

With that a group of eight monks came out of the surrounding foliage all carrying staff weapons and the weighted rope that Jack had just retied around his waist. Sam also noticed the two whips on Jack's shoulders, as he picked up a staff weapon off the ground. Teal’c jogged after his friend like it was any other day out in the field.

One of the monks pointed in the direction then said something that everybody understood but Teal’c. Jack interpreted for Teal’c telling him that the Ashrack had turned on his invisibility cloak.

The monks stood about six feet apart with Teal’c at the end of the line.All of the monks started weaving the staff weapons in a very complicated series of maneuvers as they walked forward.

Teal’c was floored at the skill and timing of the maneuvers which were perfectly coordinated. With this kind of pattern even a cloaked Ashrack couldn’t get out of the way.

Teal’c was mistaken the Ashrack was able to get away from the monks because he was not where they thought he was. Once he had been seen by the monk that was following him he engaged the cloak then turned to go in a different direction.

Jack was thinking that if he were an Ashrack in front of a group of men like he had, he wouldn't be sticking around. There were no trails that would have indicated that a person, even a highly skilled person could avoid leaving a trail of some kind. Neither Jack nor Teal’c felt the presents of a Goa’uld in the area. Sam did just before she was taken hostage. The Ashrack wanted off the planet but he knew that he wouldn't be able to fight his way through all of the guards at the Chapa’i. He would use the woman to buy his way off of the planet.

Jack came back to the gate to see a standoff, Daniel was pointing his pistol at the Ashrack while the Ashrack had a rather nasty looking blade on Sam’s throat. He was demanding that the DHD be cleared so that he could leave or he would kill the woman and everybody there to leave.

Jack took off the leather tie that was holding his hair back then used his fingers to pull it forward in front of one eye, he had seen this on an old movie one time and thought it might just work here.

Jack handed his staff weapon to another monk then detached the machetes. Now he was bare foot with only knee length pants held up by a rope with white body paint all over his upper body and face with a red stripe across his eyes and his hair down in front of one eye. He looked like he was the bad guy on a kung fu movie which was what he was hoping for.

Jack slowly walked out in front of the Ashrack; Daniel got rather wide eyed when Jack started screaming at the Ashrack in Japanese. Jack cussed him severely, saying that he had no honor and that his mother would be ashamed of him taking a woman in order to save his own worthless skin.

Jack then changed to Goa’uld telling the Ashrack that if he could kill him with the machete then he would be free to go, Jack also said that this way he wouldn't have to hide behind a woman to get away.

The Ashrack took offense to the statements, and then he puffed up. “I want to know the name of the monk that I am about to kill.”

Jack stood tall smiling at the killer Goa’uld then he announced. “I am Jack O’Neill of the Tau’ri also of SG1 and you will be a small accomplishment in a long line of Goa’uld that I have killed.”

The Ashrack was a little taken back with the statement, SG1 was well known among all the Goa’uld plus they had a very high bounty on all of them, but the biggest was for the leader Jack O’Neill.

“Then I will take your head with me as I leave the pathetic planet.”

Teal’c didn't like the way things were going down, he didn't know how ill his friend was although he did look healthy at the moment.

“O’Neill, let me fight this Goa’uld coward for you, he does not deserve an honorable death by a true warrior such as yourself.”

The Ashrack sneered at Teal’c. “Shol’va, after I take his head I will carry yours in my other hand to be presented to Lord Ba’al.”

The Ashrack pushed Sam at Jack who caught her and held her close for a moment. Sam felt his strong arms around her and melted in the embrace for a split second, her hand was around his back but her left hand was resting on his strong stomach. He definitely had a six pack of muscle and not an ounce of fat on his body.

Jack took a second to lean down capturing her lips in a warm kiss that said more than any words could ever say. He patted her on the butt shooing her away to stand with Daniel and Teal’c.

The people were watching the man that had brought so many good changes ready himself for a battle to the death.

Daniel took his handkerchief out to clean Sam’s face where she had grease paint smeared on her from kissing Jack.

The Ashrack sheathed his knife then picked up the machete.

Teal’c watched as Jack went into full battle mode, he did not tense up like most people would, he relaxed into the fighting style, this added speed and strength to his movements. If he had tensed up he would be fighting his own muscles while trying to do battle. This also gave him more stamina which could mean the difference between life and death. Jack was breathing deep, taking in oxygen, he saturated his muscles with it like a diver who was about to dive deep into the ocean, which relax him even more. All of SG1 watched the transformation as well as Kell his friend. The other monks looked on in amazement at the transformation.

An old monk walked up to Sam speaking in halting English, he had taught Jack his language while learning some English at the same time.

“I am glad that you have finally come to be by the side of this man where you belong, he needs you more than ever now.”

Sam didn't take her eyes off of Jack. “What do you mean?”

“He thought he would never see you again. He was prepared to spend the rest of his life in this monastery so that he would not be in your way and to protect his fragile heart. This man has a heart that could encompass all but it is only for you.”

Sam was starting to quietly cry, she had her future in front of her and she could loose everything in one missed step or wrong parry. She lifted her P90 ready to shoot the Ashrack.

The old monk pushed the barrel of the weapon down with more strength than she would have thought he could have. “No my child, he will need to win or loose this battle on his own. Do not interfere.”

Daniel and Teal’c stood close to her giving her support and strength. One of Teal’c’s massive arms went around her comforting her.


Kell had never seen his friend like this he had gone from a kind, caring, friend and teacher into a being that was the most deadly thing he had ever seen. Kell knew that Jack was going to need all his skills to defeat the devil with the black aura surrounding him.

All of the monks had seen it the moment that he touched the woman, his aura was pure white totally opposing the devils aura. He gained a lasting strength that was not only of this world but of the spirits of the people that had passed before giving him all of their love and strength. The monks saw three in particular, one was a young boy the other was an older solder, if the others could have seen him they would have known it was Kawalsky. Jack's mother was there and seamed to be very proud of her son. There were a great many others all adding to the power of his aura.

The Ashrack thrust the machete strait at Jack's throat followed by a figure eight slashing maneuver that would have cut him if he had ducked in either direction. Jack knew that the Goa’uld was faster and stronger than he was, he also had considerable skills in fighting.

Jack's only advantage was that he knew some things that the Ashrack didn’t, several fighting styles, Jack had worked with several Masters in the martial arts and then there was his favorite, Master Brata'c.

Jack went low as the Ashrack came at him, he was moving low and fast delivering an inward cut along the upper thigh which was quickly turned into an outward strike that cut the upper arm, none of the cuts were dangerous by themselves but it caused pain and distraction as well as giving Jack a psychological advantage.

The Goa’uld went into a fit of rage at being cut not once but twice by a human. Jack was grinning at him while he ran his finger along the side of the blade wiping off some of the blood then rubbing it between his fingers, Jack tilted his head to the side a little.

“OOOOH; I bet that hurt didn’t it?”

The Goa’uld charged again getting more and more reckless as he lost his temper. Jack was counting on this. The Ashrack came in with a little more precision going low with a series of strikes.

Sam was surprised when Jack jumped up and forward driving his hand down into his opponents shoulder about two inches from his neck as he did a flip over the top using the strike to inflict injury but also to boost himself up and away and doing a half turn in the air to face the back of the Ashrack.

Jack made the figure eight cut leaving a bloody X across the Goa’uld’s back, once again it wasn't a killing blow but each cut added to the loss of blood and discouraged his opponent. In a show of total rage the Ashrack through his machete on the ground. He then pulling his favorite weapon, the knife.

Jack tucked his machete into the sheath across his back then uncurled his twin whips and pressing the triggers popping out the eight inch blades from the end of the handles.

The Ashrack had never seen a weapon like this before. It didn’t look all that dangerous.

Jack took a long turning step into the Ashrack while unleashing the duel blades cutting the Goa’uld four times in a matter of seconds.

The Ashrack knew that he was in trouble now and did the only thing that he could to stay alive, he pushed the button that engaged the cloak making him invisible. Jack wasn't prepared for the change but he adapted quickly.

Kell remembered the first lesson at the saplings. Jack went into a blur of motion with both whips screaming through the air searching for blood. Kell reached down to the ground scoping up a double handful of dust and through it in the area in front of Jack.

The dust didn't stay on very long, it gave Jack a target for a second though. Sam turned to the Tok'ra snatching his canteen, dumping the contents in the dust. Kell saw what she was doing as both of them grabbed up handfuls of mud, throwing it at where they thought the Ashrack would be.

The mud did the trick, Jack now had a target, he was letting the whips rain down their deadly blows with all his fury, one of the knives struck the cloaking device which shorted it out revealing the Ashrack.

When he realized that he was no longer invisible the Ashrack ran full force at Jack throwing everything he had into the attack. Jack was hard pressed to block the stronger opponent’s maneuvers and received a slice across the outside of his upper right arm.

The cut wasn't deep but like the ones that he had delivered to the Ashrack it was stinging. Jack had reversed the whips when the Ashrack closed in on him to use the knives on the handles again.

The Ashrack was injured and hard pressed to make any headway against the human, it was in his best internist to leave this battle for now and finish it later in a manner more befitting an Ashrack. In the dark, from behind when his victim could not resist like this Tau’ri.

The Ashrack had worked the human around so that he was close to the woman with the golden hair. He faked a move toward the human then stepped back stabbing her in the side with a quick and efficient strike that was not meant to kill but to take his opponents mind off of him for a moment.

Sam felt the blade enter her side then she fell with a small scream of pain. Daniel and Teal’c were on the guard against further attack while Kell knelt alongside of her checking her injury.

The Ashrack took that moment to run, Jack was distraught, Sam had been hurt and the Ashrack was running away from the group standing watch at the Stargate. He grabbed the nearest weapon which was a staff weapon that one of the monks was carrying. He fired at the escaping Goa’uld as quickly as the weapon would fire but he was dodging through the trees and was soon out of sight.


Ka’tin did not like running from a battle but he wasn't going to win if he stayed. The Tau’ri was strong using a power that he had never felt before; it was like some force was diverting his blows, protecting him against the attacks that should have killed the weak human easily.

Every time a blow was delivered the Tau’ri had his weapon there blocking then countering, the weapons seamed to have a mind of their own.

His problem now was to find a place to lay up and heal then try to get back and quietly kill the humans. He would take all their heads back to Ba’al and collect the full reward.

Being an Ashrack was a job that was done by ones self not as a group activity. Lord Ba’al had sent him along with the other Jaffa to see why his last group of Jaffa had not returned with the host that they had been sent to retrieve.

This was a backward planet with no technology and only a few hand weapons that really were no threat to the Goa’uld. Ka’tin was sent to observe and take care of any problems that might come up. His wages for this job were not much but with the bounty for SG1 as a whole he would be very rich.

Ka’tin had found a tall evergreen tree with branches that came all the way to the ground; there was a space inside the branches that was hollow and fully concealed from the outside. He had been very careful to walk only on the rocks avoiding any branches that would hold sign of his passage like a smear of blood or a break. In his business he had to track his victim and he was good at it; that made him good at hiding his tracks also.

He could not stop the flow of blood from the many cuts he had received from fighting the Tau’ri but he had been able to stop long enough to slow it down to a minimum then he covered the wounds the best he could so he wouldn't leave a blood trail. Ka’tin entered the boughs of the tree carefully so as to not leave a blood trail there either then settled into a light meditative healing trance. His only weapon was a knife but that wasn't too big of a problem. He could always take one of the staff weapons from the villagers if he needed to.


Jack checked the wound carefully then used the med kit to bandage it, he gave her a shot of morphine that was standard on all the SG med kits now and picked her up. He carried her back to the monastery after telling Teal’c and Kell to guard the Stargate along with several of the villagers and some of the other monks the gate would be secure.

Daniel followed Jack and Sam but he was being very quiet. He had come through the gate into a raging battle then found that his best friend, who the thought would be too weak to get out of a bed, was leading the battle. Sam was hurt pretty badly but Jack had kissed her before fighting an Ashrack which he nearly had beaten if the Ashrack had not use Sam’s injury to get away. It was a lot to take in for less than an hour. Jack had changed so much in the last couple of months that if Daniel hadn't heard the voice while Jack was giving commands he probably still wouldn't known who he was under all that paint and long dark hair.

When they got to the monastery the old monk told Jack to put the woman on his bed so he could treat her. Jack looked at the old monk with begging eyes.

“Koe, will she be alright her aura is week now.”

“She will be fine in a couple of weeks; her aura is week because of the medicine that you gave her earlier. Watch her aura as you get closer.”

As Jack walked over and set on the bed beside her, the light surrounding her became brighter; when he looked at his own aura it matched hers almost identically.

“The two of you are bound on a spiritual level like I have never seen before. You are two different people with the same spirit. You are stronger when you are together and weaker when you are apart. You are Guardians.”

Jack didn't know what he was talking about but he said Sam was going to be alright and that was all he needed to know for now. Koe gave him a look of authority and he knew that he was about to get his marching orders from the Elder monk.

“Leave her for a short time and get that paint off of your body then get dressed. It's going to take a lot of soap and fine sand to remove all that goop from your body so go to the river and clean up. She will be fine here until you get back, I need to clean this knife wound and stitch it shut so go away and don’t come back until you are fully cleaned.”

Daniel followed Jack while he grabbed a clean robe and ran down to the river. He just stripped off his clothes and dove into the water which Daniel wasn't too surprised about. Daniel wanted to talk so he could find out what had happened for the last couple of months but Jack was busy trying to get the grease paint off his skin so he could get back to Sam.

Kell had been relieved of guard duty by another monk and he also was told to go to the river to clean up before he would be allowed back into the cloister. Jack handed him the soap so that he could use the fine sand first, it was better at removing most of the grease paint then he went back to the soap once the majority of the paint was gone.

They were having a hard time getting the paint out of the places like behind and in his ears and the small fine areas beside his noise. Daniel had a wash cloth in his backpack which he was still wearing so he threw that to Jack and Kell to use.

When they finished they checked each other because if they missed a spot they both knew Koe would send them back down to finish the job right. Jack washed out the washcloth then threw it back to Daniel, they dressed and ran back to the monastery.

“Jack I thought women were not allowed in a monastery at any time?”

“Danny, this is not an Earth cloister, here women are allowed to stay if they are married to a guest.”

That statement caused both men to stop short, Jack had a big smile on his face. Daniel had his mouth hanging open. “So are you and Sam married?”

“I didn’t say that, and no we're not married; yet.”

Jack turned with Kell to finish the run around the stone walls to the gate. He turned before he entered. “Daniel, we still have an Ashrack on the loose on this planet, I wouldn’t stand around outside by myself if I were you.”

Jack entered his room where Sam was laying on the bed sleeping after Koe finished sowing her wound shut. Koe had given her some of the bitter brew but he had another mug of the stuff setting in the table for Jack. He checked Jack’s arm but decided that it would heal without stitches.

Koe did the cavity press and manipulated his aura then told him to lie down beside Sam with the instructions that he was not to get out of bed until someone came in to get them in the morning. It was so that both of them would heal faster if they were close together.

Jack had no problem with that request but he didn’t know how Sam would feel about the sleeping arrangements in the morning. He snuggled up behind her spooning her into a comfortable position with the injured side up carefully putting his arms around her protectively and went to sleep.

Sam woke up slowly feeling a warm body behind her. Her side hurt but it was not as bad as it did yesterday, now it was just a steady pain like she would have had after a surgery but it wasn't too bad.

She had a strong set of arms around her holding her which was nice but a little disturbing because she didn’t know who the arms belonged to. The person was tall and well built and he was asleep.

She looked at the stone walls then remembered that Jack had carried her to the monastery. She remembered he didn’t look at the road most of the trip like he had made the journey a thousand times. He was looking deep into her eyes while she was doing the same as she looked closer at the arm she started to recognize some of the scars as belonging to her commanding officer, Colonel Jack O’Neill.

She let out a breath and cuddled back into his loving embrace to drift off into sleep again dreaming happy dreams of doing this everyday. Jack woke up as she cuddled back against him with a contented moan. He pulled her in tighter being careful not to hurt her then he just watched her sleep. Jack noticed that her aura was brighter today as was his.

He was fully contented to stay there all day and cuddle her, he nuzzled her neck making her moan with pleasure as she opened her eyes again. She wanted to roll over so that she could look into his eyes but her injury wouldn't let her do that. Jack saw what she was trying to do and what she wanted. He got out of the bed where she could slide back where he was then he lay down in front of her facing her.

She was wearing her tee shirt and underwear and Jack had on a clean pair of his work pants but no shirt. She looked him over carefully noticing first that he wasn't wearing a wig, it was his hair and it wasn't short or gray. She liked the long dark hair on him, his face looked younger also the wrinkles around his eyes and mouth were almost gone now. He looked like he was fifteen years younger.

She checked the cut on his upper arm and noticed that it was almost healed. She was wandering if she had been asleep a lot longer then she thought.

“Jack, I’m so glade we were able to find you. I was afraid I wouldn't find you at all or you would be dying or dead when we got to you.” She started crying then and wouldn't let him go.

He was also pleased they had come to find him so that if nothing else he would be able to see her one more time. He held her close while she cried herself out. She soon relaxed enough to fall back to sleep while he was holding her. If the world caved in and he died right then Jack would have died a happy man by just being able to hold her like this.

Koe came in a little later with more of the broth for both of them, he usually only gave it to Jack at night but with the events he needed both of them up and about sooner rather than later. Kell had taken Daniel and several of the other monks to relieve the guards at the Stargate, Jack took Sam into the dinning room for breakfast, he found Teal’c in the meditation room doing Kel_No_Rem.

Sam wasn't really surprised to see that the monks were having pancakes for breakfast, Jack introduced it to them not long after he got there. Jack apologized to Sam that they didn't have any syrup but they did have some honey which worked pretty well as a substitute. Sam dug around in her pack which Teal’c had brought with him and pulled out a small bottle of syrup. She handed it to Jack who gave some to Koe to try, he really like it so the three of them used the whole bottle that morning.

Jack had staff training that morning so Sam sat watching as he and Teal’c did some demonstrations then he had Teal’c teach the class by demonstrating what he wanted them to do then they would do it.
Then it was work as normal but everybody had their weapons handy and stayed in pairs at least. Jack needed to see the black smith for a while in town so he tucked Sam into bed to rest until he could come back to get her.


Ka’tin watched the Chapa’i to see if there was a break in the routine so he might be able to slip through but they were good at keeping up their watches and always having someone on patrol at all time. This Tau’ri had taught them well. He was not fully healed yet anyway so he would bide his time, waiting for the perfect time to spring into action. He carefully stole away quietly into the forest back to his hiding place.


Jack asked the black smith to make a double pair of short swords with a special handle and hand guard he had a drawing of what they should look like plus a long sword which was a Katana sword but they didn't know that. He gave the leather smith a copy of the drawing of the swords telling him that the long one went on the hip and should be solid wood with a leather covering on the outside then he showed him how the trigger lock worked for the sheath. He also had a drawing of the sheaths for the shorter swords which went on his back and were drawn over the shoulders the bottom of the shoulders sheaths was to have slots for the throwing knives he was having made also. Both men were superb craftsmen and they were very happy to have a project that was new that could very well be used to destroy the devil that was still among them.

Jack was just coming back to the monastery when Koe caught him chewing him out royally for leaving Sam by herself. He had told Jack they needed to stay close together so they could both heal and not to leave her side again. Jack felt like he had been caught leaving his post without permission by the captain of the watch. He gave Koe his most humble thanks and told him that he now understood what was expected of him and why.

It was Jack's job to fish that evening to catch their supper, he needed help to get down to the river. Sam told him that she could walk without a problem, it was only a couple of miles but Jack would have nothing to do with it. Kell had rested up from his guard duties so he carried the fishing equipment while Jack carried Sam.

She had her arms around his neck as he carefully cradled her in his arms as if she was a newborn baby. Daniel had told him while he was at the river cleaning the paint off that Sam was talking about going on a date with Cassy the night he left the SGC and that she had nearly killed herself working and not eating because he had left and she knew about the cancer.

Jack felt like a new man again. He was healthier than he had been in many years and he had Sam in his arms.

Jack had Sam’s P90 strung over his shoulder and two of the spare 9mm pistols along with his whips. Kell had the fishing gear plus his whips and a staff weapon and a zat on his hip.

It was warm outside so Jack didn’t use the robe instead he wore his work pants as usual without a shirt. Sam didn’t mind having his bare chest and arms against her.

Jack set her down on a blanket handing her the P90 then he walked into the water setting several limb lines. (fishing line tied to a limb over the water with a hook and bate in the water.) He came back to where Kell and Sam were setting up the fishing poles.

Sam leaned onto Jack's shoulder enjoying the evening and just being close to him. The sunset was beautiful as it always had been for Jack but this was the best one he had seen because she was there to watch it with him.

“You know Sam, it's not allowed for a woman to stay at the monastery here unless she is married to a guest of the order. I'm a guest of the order and you and I can't leave for a couple of months according to Koe; at least that is how long it will take for me to fully recover. So we have a bit of a problem."

“You mean that I can't stay here unless I marry you?”

“That seems to be the problem.”

“What will we do about the non fraternization regulation?”

“Well technically, I'm on sick leave according to Daniel and you're in charge of SG1 for an indefinite period so I'm not your commanding officer right now. You report directly to General Hammond not to me.”

“Besides that, who would know that we are married on Earth? Daniel and Teal’c won’t tell anyone and we can renew the vows on Earth at a later date."

“Sam; will you marry me?”

“Of course I’ll marry you Jack, but I don’t like the idea of hiding this from the people on the base.”

“I don’t like hiding things either, I would really prefer to shout it out that I love you and you are my wife.”

“Okay Jack, first things first, we'll let Koe marry us then we can work out the rest when we get back to the SGC.”


Koe married them that evening then told them that it would be best if they very careful, Sam was still in stitches, Jack told her that he would wait so there wouldn't be a chance of causing her injury. She said no that it was their wedding night and if he was careful like Koe said she would be fine.

The next morning her side was a little sore but she was fine and very happy. She had dreamed of doing things with this man but in reality it was so much better. Jack had been very slow and cautious with his new wife taking great care of her needs and desires, she was well satisfied the next morning, as was he.

The leather smith came by three days later delivering the new weapons to Jack, a week had passed and in that time no one had seen anything of the Ashrack. Jack knew that he wouldn't be far from the Stargate and he was starting to get a little worried that he would start killing the town’s people soon if he wasn't found.

The leather smith had made a few adjustments to Jack's original drawing that Jack liked very much. There was a wide belt at the base of the shoulder straps that held the two shorter swords which secured them better and gave a place to hang the Katana sword from. He also put an area to hang the whips from for easy access when needed.

The swords were perfect; the two short ones had a guard that curved up on the back side of the blade into a point that was about three and a half inches from the back of the blade. The other side of the handle had a wrap around hand guard with small spikes along the outside and a spike at the end of the handle that was an inch long tapering down to a point that was not too sharp, but it wasn't blunt either.

The katana was a beautiful piece of work, worthy of the Japanese counter part that would have taken them two years to make, back in the old days of Japan. This one didn't have any scroll work done on the blade but it was a very well made blade and extremely sharp. When Kell saw the blade Jack demonstrated what it could do in the hands of a trained swordsman. The locking mechanism worked perfectly holding the blade in place but releasing it easily with the touch of a button.

The reason Jack wanted these weapons was to work in close if that's where the Ashrack was. If he had any distance at all he would use one of the pistols or a P90.

Teal’c had his staff weapon as well as most of the monks now and some of the town’s people; Daniel had his P90 a pistol and a zat.

Sam was healthy again, it was amazing what the bitter broth was doing to help heal her wound. Jack said he thought it was a stem cell stimulant causing the area to grow back as normal skin instead of scar tissue, he is also convinced that it is what caused his cancer to regress along with the acupressure and aura manipulation.

He told her that Koe said he would be healed in about two months completely but that it was a very bad sickness and it will take time. There were several medicines and herbs that they used here that would be highly beneficial on Earth like the herb they used in the water to purify it and keep it from getting stagnant. It would work very well as an antibacterial agent if it could keep water safe to drink for long periods at a time. Jack was thinking it was one of the main reasons the people of the town stayed so healthy.

Teal’c had been very busy teaching the monks and the towns people the ins and outs of using the staff weapon and how to use it in close range as well as shooting long distances with it. When they were good with the weapons a decision was made.

The monks had given the longer weapons to the towns people so they could use the normal staff and the zat's making the weapons go further. The other people of the town were ready to use their normal weapons like the long bow and machetes.

Jack was wearing his BDU’s that he had come through the Stargate with although they were a little baggy in the waist and snug if the shoulders from all the work he had been doing. Sam made some modifications on the shirt to loosen it some with her field sowing kit. Jack was very thankful but he had to make the comment about her sudden domestic abilities. She gave him a big smile that he loved so much.

“What’s a woman supposed to do when her husband needs a little adjustment?”

Jack smiled back at her with a twinkle in his brown eyes that was just for her, he gave her a kiss.

“Thanks Honey, your the best little wife a man could want.” That earned him a smack on the arm for his comments.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack wanted her to stay at the monastery with Daniel and Koe so that the Ashrack couldn’t use her as he had before. She and Daniel were well armed and they were to lock the doors of the great hall which was the only door in the entire monastery that could be locked. There was a large wooden plank that could be placed on the double doors so that the priest couldn't be bothered while they were praying and meditating if it was needed. It hadn't been needed for several centuries but it was still solid as were the doors. There were no windows in this room but there were slits along the bottom and top of the outside walls that let fresh air in that could be blocked off in the winter.


Daniel helped to light the candles around the room then took up his normal hobby of talking to Koe to learn the language. Daniel had learned that the language was a derivative of Latin and Ancient, Jack had learned Latin to be able to decipher the Ancient writing while he was in the time loop with Teal’c which meant Jack already new the language he just needed to learn how to pronounce it.

The language had drifted over the centuries to almost a different language like the difference in the language of England and America now it was different but it originated from the same place. If England and America had no way of communicating with each other it would be very different almost to the point of not being able to understand each other.

Sam was checking her weapons and worrying about Jack and Teal’c. She would have been field stripping the weapons to give her something to do but she might need them and didn’t want them in a dozen pieces on the table if something happened. She had her pack with her which had her tool kits in it but nothing to work on.

Koe noticed that she looked lost and understood that she didn't like being left behind when she felt that she should be by Jack's side backing him up as she had always done. She understood that she would be a liability in the field at this time knowing that the Ashrack would use her again.

The Tok'ra was locked up in town for his own safety and so that his cover wouldn't be blown. He would be let go later so that he could tell Ba’al about the terrible things the people of this world had done to them but the mighty Ashrack had killed them all.

Unfortunately the Ashrack had fallen in battle as the last of the humans was able to get off a last shot before he himself had killed the retched human. That way Ba’al wouldn’t need to come back to the world for host and it was useless to him for anything else.

Koe slowly asked Daniel what the woman needed that could cheer her up. Daniel told him that she was worried about Jack and that she was a scientist that took advanced things apart to see what made them work.
Koe shook his head in understanding then went over to a wooden wall at the back of the Sanctuary asking Daniel to help him move some tables out of the area. He flipped a switch that was beside one of the candle holders on the wall that opened a door with a set of stairs leading down into another room.

Sam had been watching what the men were doing jumping up in a flash when the door opened. Her weapon was at the ready but nothing came into the room with them. Koe motioned for her to come with them as he picked up a candle and started down the stairs.

Daniel hadn't thought about the polished wooden floors in that part of the building where the other area had stone floors. The stairs led down to another large set of rooms that were stacked full of things some old and some to Sam’s amazement were very advanced. The first thing she did was to work on a power generator that she was familiar with that would light up the room. Koe went over and took a seat on the far wall to watch as Sam was about to jump up and down with excitement. Daniel knew that he was in for a long haul in this area with her so he found a spot close to Koe to continue their language lessons.


Jack, Teal’c and Kell were each taking a group of six of the other monks and towns people with the rest guarding the gate and the women and children of the town against an attack of the devil as the other called the Ashrack.

Teal’c was in the led tracking a trail that went into the woods that had some footprints along with animal tracks. Jack and Kell had their groups on either side of Teal’c’s group watching every movement around them checking the trees as they passed under them. It was a trick that Jack knew all too well, hiding in a tree above where most people didn't look at then dropping down behind or on your opponent. He was very vigilant in his observations but Ka’tin wasn't in that area he had moved to the other side of the valley into a small cave that was hidden by some thick bushes.

The cave had several exits like a rabbit hole so he could not be easily trapped in the cave unless a person knew all the entrances. He had found some food and he had procured a couple of the machetes that he had fought the Tau’ri with but he had not been able to get one of the staff weapons yet.

He didn’t like that particular weapon it was too long for close combat although it could be used that way. He preferred a knife or hand ribbon device but he didn't have a hand ribbon with him. His hand ribbon had been damaged in battle so it was being repaired and he didn’t think he would need it on such a simple mission as this was supposed to be anyway. Ba’al said they were just a bunch of farmers and monks. Ka’tin was going to have some serious words with the system lord when he got back with the heads if the Tau’ri about his lack of reliable intelligence pertaining to this particular planet.

Jack didn’t like the fact that he had spent the entire day searching for the Ashrack without finding much. They had located the tree that he had stayed at the first couple of days but the trail died there.
Jack knew that he was around somewhere but not exactly where. It was getting near dark so the search was called off for the day.


When Jack got back he wasn’t able to get anybody to answer the door where he left Sam and Daniel. This worried him considerably, there was no way he could break the door down so he pounded for a while longer then he got an idea. Jack used Teal’c’s radio; Sam answered on the second call sounding a little put out at having to stop what ever she had been doing to answer the radio. In about five minuets Daniel and Koe opened the door. Daniel led Jack to the room under the Sanctuary where Sam was taking something apart that Jack had no idea what it was, to him it was just a round flashy thing that had her totally enthralled.

“Whatcha doin, Carter?”

She stopped what she was doing to give him a glare. “It’s O’Neill remember; I married you less than a week ago.”

“I’m sorry sweetheart I just have a habit of calling you Carter and it slipped.”

“You are forgiven this once but it had better not happen again while we are here, back on Earth while we are at the SGC it will be okay, but not off the clock and not here.”

“Yes Ma'am.”

He gave her a salute then stood at attention until she came over and kissed him which caused another problem. There was a room down the hall that wasn't as full as the rest of the rooms and it had a door.
She grabbed him by the hand leading him to the room and shut the door.

“Now you’re going to have to be punished for being such a bad boy.”

She pushed him against the door and proceeded to cause him all sorts of problems by telling him that he had to be very quiet then doing things to him that made him want scream out but it was not with any kind of pain.

She left the room with a wicked smile about thirty minuets later while Jack was still trying to catch his breath and dress himself again. She was happily working on her doohickey when Daniel came back down the stairs.

“Where’s Jack?”

“I think he is in the last room on the left looking at something, but I’m not sure.”

Jack walked into the room where they were just then with a happy smile on his face and looking very relaxed. Daniel looked closer at Sam who also had that very relaxed and happy look and shook his head at his friends.

“You two have no control do you?”

Jack and Sam both looked at him with that same look of you have got to be kidding. “Daniel we have been under control for years wanting to do this but it wasn't possible at that time, we just thought that it was time that we did something for ourselves for a change.”

“I know that you have sacrificed a lot over the years for our country and you do deserve to be together. Just don’t get caught on Earth until we can figure some way to fix this without one of you leaving SG1, Jack that means no retiring for you and no transfers for you Sam.”

“We’ll see Daniel but we are going to do what ever it takes to be together from now on, if it means Jack retiring and me taking a teaching job at the Academy then that is the way it will be.”

Daniel shrugged his shoulders in defeat he was happy for them whatever the outcome was as long as they didn’t end up in prison for this.


The black smith and leather smith had been busy making the swords that Jack had ordered. Kell went to them to see of he might get a set which the masters were more than happy to give him a set also knowing that he was one of Jack's friends. He was always working with Jack on all the projects that were making them very rich. Kell had helped them to build the windmills that powered the grinding stones and polishers and even a machine that could sew leather at a tremendous speed compared to hand sewing.

Both men had hired several men to help with the production of goods that were selling like the world would end if the people didn’t have one. The blade whips were very popular and the leather smith had ask Jack to teach his son how to use the weapon which he was teaching to the people that bought them for a fee of course. The swords that Jack had designed were also popular but they took a lot more practice to use than the whip.

Jack spent some time teaching Kell how to use the swords with Koe’s permission. Kell took to the weapons quickly. It didn’t take long before Jack had him using wooden swords against Teal’c who was using a staff of course the katana took a lot more time to learn but he had the basics down fairly well.

Jack used the practice swords against both men (one at a time mostly) while Kell wasn't too much of a challenge for him Teal’c was a Master and he had to work hard at the fight but at the same time Teal’c was put to the test at the same time.

It had been decided that they would not use the Stargate in order to get help with the Ashrack for fear that he might have been able to repair the invisibility cloak. If he were to slip through the guard and get off planet to warn Ba’al about what was going on at this planet it would be all over. It was up to them to find and destroy the Ashrack.

That night Jack had settled in behind Sam nuzzling close ready to sleep he was gently nudged in the ribs. “Jack, you know I don’t mind the lack of easy hot water or the small bed, I don’t even mind the lack of meat and chocolate, what I do mind the most is the lack of a door on this room. I think we should move into the basement of the Sanctuary in the room with the door, I started moving things into different rooms today. Do you think Koe will mind?”

“I don’t think that it will be a problem, but I'll ask tomorrow.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cassandra Frasier was walking down the street late that evening after she had gone to the convenience store for a bottle of pop, they were out at the house and the store was only a block away.

She noticed that there was a group of young men by the corner and she crossed the street to stay away from them, they didn’t look like the kind of men she wanted to get anywhere near. They were dirty and just plain gross looking with their hair hanging down in clumps and dirty clothing.They all had on jackets with some sort of lizard on the back letting her know they were in some kind of wannabe gang.

She was starting to get more than a little worried when they crossed the street behind her. They were talking and laughing and she could tell they were talking about her. Cassy was not a fool and started to run which caused the men to run after her. She didn’t have anyplace to run to on this block but her house and she knew that she couldn’t get there before the men caught her. She didn’t want them to get her alone in the house either so she ran into the nearest lighted area and started screaming for help. The men caught her and took her purse while one of the men held her from behind. They were well practiced at this and had no problem subduing her and keeping her quiet.

The leader of the group of men sneered at her than told her they were going to party and she was the guest of honor. He put his finger into the top of her blouse and popped all the buttons off with one at a time slowly all the way down.

Cassandra knew what was happening but there wasn’t a thing she could do about it. She noticed they all had a homemade tattoo of the same lizard thing on their right hands which was the same as the one on the jackets.

The leader pulled out a switch blade that had a seven inch blade trying to let her know who was the boss in this little game of his, he was doing a power play. Cassy bit the hand that was covering her mouth causing the man to let go.

“I will find you and my friends will kill you for this.”

“Let me go now and you might live.”

The grease ball slapped her hard across the face then screamed in her face telling her that she would not be telling any body anything ever again. Just then a police car pulled up into the area shining the spot light at the group of men. Scumbag reached down and picked up her purse telling her that he now knew where she lived and he will be back to finish what he started. Then the group ran off leaving Cassandra lying on the ground.

The police took her to the base where she had asked them to take her and gave a report on the way. They had called ahead to let them know at the base that there had been a problem and Dr. Frasier needed to be at the gate. When they got her to the base she fell to pieces when her mother got to her. This was the most horrible thing that had ever happened to her.

Dr. Frasier sedated her and put her to bed but before she went to sleep she told her mother that they knew where she lived now and that they couldn’t go home until these men were caught and put away.
She also said that she needed Jack to make her feel safe again.

General George Hammond sent the message that Jack needed to take Cassy in for a while if at all possible while keeping her safe was relayed to him through the radio. When he heard that Cassy needed them it was a quick dash to the Stargate to pick her up the next morning as the sedative wore off somewhat.

Cassy made her mother promises that she wouldn’t go to the house without a guard there or better yet just stay on base until these men were caught and dealt with. There is nothing meaner than a mother that has had her child threatened with something like this. The little Dr. was seeing red and Cassy knew that if she didn’t say something that her mother would hunt these men down and kill them herself.

“Mom, don’t you dare try to go after these men by yourself, they're too dangerous and I couldn’t stand to loose you now. Please let the police or the men of the base deal with this for us. Besides wouldn’t you rather see Teal’c or Colonel O’Neill get hold of these men?”

There was an evil glint in Cassandra’s eye when she said this and Janet knew that she was right. She would let the pro’s handle this to fix it once and for all.

General Hammond had learned a long time ago to expect the unexpected from Jack O’Neill. “I’ll have her to you in about thirty minuets, she's here on the base with us.”

“One more thing General, do not open the gate on that end without the Alpha Delta code being given first no matter what. Repeat that is Alpha Delta code.”

“Confirmed code Alpha Delta will be required from that address, it’s great to hear from you Jack, Cassy will be there soon.”

“O’Neill out.”

The group of men settled down to wait with the other guards that were patrolling the gate. Within thirty minuets Cassandra Frasier was in the arms of the man that she considered her father. She was crying having the first chance to let go of the emotions with the people that loved her and made her feel safe again. The group of men walked her back to the monastery while Jack had his arm around her comforting her as much as he could while getting her back to safety.

Ka’tin watched as his enemy walked away with a crying child, he saw advantage in the situation. He smiled as he moved slowly and quietly back to his cave.


Sam woke to a young girl sobbing. Cassy was just turning seventeen but she had experienced more tragedy than most adults at such an early age.
This last blow was very hard on her, she had learned to love again and depend on her adopted mother to help guide her and show her what she needed to know as a young woman but this was something she needed Jack for or she would never feel safe again. Sam had always been there for her also and Jack was a very loving, protective parent figure in her life. She knew that she could go to Jack and Sam with any problem she could ever have. She now needs them more than ever. Sam held her tightly not understanding what was going on. Jack told her about the group of men that tried to rape her near her house. When Cassy and Sam both asked at the same time how he knew he told them about the conversation with Janet Frasier and General Hammond just an hour earlier.

Koe came into the room, the kindly old monk took Cassandra into his arms telling her in his own language which Jack translated for her. Koe told her that Jack, Sam, her and her mother all had a very strong guardian spirit that was watching over and protecting them and that everything was going to be alright. There was the word Guardian again and Jack knew that he was going to need to talk to Koe soon to find out what was going on with the Guardian.

Cassy was very comforted by this man that was so much like George Hammond acting as a grandfather. Koe gave her something to drink that relaxed her, making her sleepy and soon she was passed out on the bed, this stuff was even stronger that the shot her mother had given her the night before.

Jack laid her down on the bed where Sam was telling her to hold her and get some sleep. It was nearly dawn so Jack just went into the kitchen and started breakfast for the other people that would be getting up soon.As usual he cooked pancakes and eggs but no meat because of the monk’s beliefs in no red meet.

Daniel was the first to ask why Jack hadn't told them that this was a Christian monastery which was a strange thing considering that the gates had been shut down for longer than Christianity had been established. Jack smiled then reached into his pocket pulling out a rosary with a cross on it handing it to Daniel to examine.

“I don’t know how it happened but they have a bible here that matched the one on Earth almost to the letter. You should read it some time to be able to compare with ours.”

Jack took the rosary back putting it back into his pocket. Then had Daniel help him put the food on the table.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Saren had just turned eighteen years old and was upset that she had not been married yet. All her friends had been married at sixteen or when they had turned early seventeen but she had not found a man that wanted to be with her that she wanted. She had gone to the other villages where she was swamped with proposals but again she did not find anybody that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

She had made it a habit to go to the river to watch the new monk and had been the one that had moved their robes that first time. She didn’t know how he had known that she was hiding in the bushes but he had looked directly at her and winked while he was fully naked then dressed and walked away. That memory was burned into her mind for eternity as the most thrilling moment in her life.

Now that the monk had a women here that he had married she knew that he was as off limits as he had been before as a monk. He did have a man with him now that was very interesting though. He had blue eyes and light brown hair with a strong build under the strange clothes he wore.

The large dark man was interesting but he didn’t look at the girls of the village, it was as if he had someone that was far away but that he would wait for her for as long as it would take. Jack had been like that when he had first come here and now she understood what he had been waiting for. The blond woman with the dark blue eyes was his life and he was hers. This was a match that even death couldn’t break.

Saren was waiting at the edge of the village for the man that she had been told was Daniel Jackson to come by. He had been working with the elders of the town discussing the other ways to make things work easer for governing the province and making improvements in the way the roads were planed and the building were built.

As Daniel walked by she pretended to stumble loosing her basket of items and falling into Daniel's arms. Daniel caught the woman as she fell easily then looked down into the beautiful light brown eyes that were almost gold and a radiant smile. She had light blond hair almost the same color as Sam’s, it was long falling down the back of her dark brown dress to her waist. The dress made her eyes stand out even brighter and the smile to shine even more. Daniel held her for a moment longer than was necessary as she regained her footing. She gave him an embarrassed, 'thank you' while he helped pick up the items off the ground.

The other girls that knew what she was doing were smiling that her ploy had worked so well. She always had been the smartest one of all the girls, but she was also the pickiest about a man. One of the girls turned to her husband and wished that she had waited also but he was a good man and he treated her like she was gold. She placed her hand on her swollen stomach where her unborn child was kicking then smiled, she was glad that she didn’t wait, he put his arm around her and they walked off together.

Saren made a pouting face that her supper was ruined now. Daniel fell right into her trap asking if she was bringing supper home to her family which she replied that she lived by herself and that she had been working hard all day but now she was going to bed hungry because of her clumsiness. Daniel was the perfect gentlemen inviting her to eat with them this evening. She graciously accepted telling him that she would meet him back at this corner when he was finished doing what ever he was doing in town. Daniel told her that he would be back in about two hours if that was alright with her. They smiled at each other and parted ways both happy at the way things had turned out.

Daniel was wearing his radio so he called Sam telling her they would be having a guest for supper if that was okay. She asked Jack who ask Koe and it was fine with everybody. Daniel picked her up on the corner as planed in two hours taking her back with him.

In the shadows between the buildings and behind a group of barrels Ka’tin was making more plans. He wasn't one to set around and wait for things to happen but he also knew that if he didn't plan things out properly he would be dead or on this planet for years. He stole away into the shadows where he disappeared again to wait for dark so he could get away without being seen.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Whatever that drug was it knocked Cassy out for most of the day and when she did wake up she was mellowed out. She had missed breakfast and lunch, Sam and Jack both thought it would be best to let her sleep. When she did wake up she was starving. Sam helped her out of bed and to get dressed. She was a little drunk from the medication. When she came into the room the other monks had a quiet laugh at her staggering over to her seat.

Jack assured her and Sam that it was a normal side affect of the drug which would keep her sedated for a while until some of the shock wore off making it easer for her to adjust. Cassy was coherent enough to notice the blond girl that was about her age.

Saren asked Daniel before she could say anything though if this was Jack's other wife. Daniel nearly choked on his food. After he composed himself he told her that this was more like a daughter but definitely not a wife. Daniel casually repeated what she had quietly asked him causing both Jack and Sam to go into a coughing fit. Then Cassy asked if Saren was going to be staying with them Daniel gave a questioning look at Jack. “Daniel she can stay here but only if you married her.”

Daniel did a double take at Jack and Sam. “I don’t understand, Sam is staying here with you?”

“She is married to me as of a couple of days ago and Cassy is considered to be our daughter although Koe knows that she is not really but he also knows that we are like her parents and she is in need of help right now.”

Sam was giggling now and Cassy was outright laughing at the look on Daniel's face. Sam couldn’t help but ask. “So Daniel, are we going to have another wedding here or are you going to take her home. It’s not safe for her to be staying by herself you know.”

Daniel was turning white, Saren ask what was going on and before Jack could say anything Koe was telling her what the conversation was. Jack wouldn’t interrupt the leader of the church for any reason so he just gave Daniel a shrug. When Daniel started listening to what Brother Koe was saying he turned even whiter than what he already was. Jack thought he was going to faint for a moment. Kell slapped Daniel on the back a couple of times and gave him a glass of water.

Saren was all smiles gazing at him like cherished Christmas present. The interpretation was done in a way that made it sound like a marriage proposal to her. Saren blushed and told Brother Koe that she accepted Daniel’s marriage proposal and that she was very happy.

Brother Koe smiled and nodded. Jack leaned over to Sam. “Daniel just got himself into real trouble. He just got engaged and he doesn’t even know it yet."

“Can’t he just say that it was a mistake or misunderstanding?”

“Well, unfortunately the laws here say that if a proposal is made and accepted in a church, which this is, it is binding.”

“But he didn’t really ask her to marry him?”

“She accepted it as a proposal and Brother Koe is a witness, It doesn’t matter what he said, She; took it as a proposal and accepted it, so that is the end of the story. If Daniel refuses to marry her now he could be severely punished. It’s not something that he will want to do. This is kind of like a shotgun wedding I guess.”

“Okay Jack, what about her tonight then?”

“She might as well stay here with Daniel; he's as good as married now. In the eyes of the church he is but he still needs to have the vows taken, that is just a matter of putting the final nail in the coffin here.”

“Uncle Jack, isn’t she a little young to be marrying someone of Daniel’s age?”

“Actually on this planet the girls are considered an old maid if she isn't married by the age of seventeen. It's a completely different life style here and women get married and pregnant early in this society. She will be expected to have a child in the first year of their marriage and she will want at least three more after that. Daniel's a prime catch, he's intelligent, good looking for a man and he's a world traveler or in this case he is an intergalactic traveler.”

“Most of the girls here would be destined to marry the farmer’s son down the road or if she was really pretty she might get a man from another town which helps switch up the gene pool around here a little.”

“I guess I had better take Daniel into the other room to let him know what happened and why, if he acts like he is trying to back out of this now her father will probably try to kill him and her father is a very big man in this area. Her father is the black smith, you know the one making all these fine weapons I’m carrying.”


Daniel was shocked at his sudden engagement to a girl that he just met today. The worst part of this deal was that it was just like his marriage to Shar’a, he had no choice. Saren was a very pretty girl and he couldn’t say that they hadn’t had sparks fly on their first meeting. She seemed to be intelligent as well as good looking.

Jack had told him that she was a master tactician, he said that she had devised a plan and executed it to perfection. The plan had gone better than she had expected though, she had only planed to learn more about him when she first bumped into him but when he had held her in his arms for a bit longer than necessary and was so kind to her after she let her go which showed that he was kind and compassionate she had quickly revised her plan to get into the monastery with him. She set the trap, he stuck his foot into it then she snapped it closed.

“But she said that she lived by herself and that she was going home without supper because she had spilled it on the ground.”

“Actually she is living by herself over the blacksmith shop but her mother, father three brothers and two sisters are right next door and she can stay with them whenever she wants, there's a door that leads right into the second floor of their house from her apartment.”

“Daniel, you are about to get married and there is nothing you can do to stop it.”

“If you went back through the gate they would appoint a person to find you in order to bring you back and that person would most likely be me.” Jack gave him a big smile.

“Take care of your new wife; you will be exchanging vow’s tomorrow and her family will be here including her father.”

Saren came in at that time and said something to Daniel that made him pale again as she pulled him along to his room. Sam was watching them as they left.

“Jack, what did she just say to him?”

Jack was laughing when he answered her. “She said to hurry up husband, we need to make a baby.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam went to her pack and pulled out the card decks that she started carrying which she had learned from Jack. She got Jack, Cassy and Koe to go with her into the dinning room to play cards.

They played doubles at canasta teaching Cassy and Koe at the same time. Jack wasn't too surprised to find that Koe was a card shark once he learned the game. He enjoyed the game so much they spent half the night paying.

Jack was getting tired later that night and started having problems staying awake. When he started reaching for a card it came to him. He was about six inches from the card when it flew into his hand.

Cassy and Sam were shocked to see it happen but Koe said it was a side effect of the medicine he was taking it was opening parts of his brain that were already there but unused. He explained that this sort of thing happened when the medicine was used for a long time but it was necessary to cure the terrible sickness that he had and that he would probably have other abilities before it was over. Koe told them that the abilities would be permanent but he would be able to control them without a problem once he learned what to do.

They all went to bed after that with Sam promising Koe that she would show him how to play solitaire in the morning. Koe gave the medicine to all of them with Cassy getting the milder sedative than the day before. Koe showed Sam what he was doing with the acupressure which was manipulating Jack's chi flow by using it on her then he did both the acupressure and aura manipulation on Jack.

They lay down to sleep, but Jack kept hearing the couple down the hall from them. Sam was snickering. Cassy had been moved to another room and with the sedative she would be fine by herself tonight. Jack snuggled up whispering into Sam’s ear.

“We could always do a duet if you think you can harmonize with Saren.” That got him an elbow in the ribs but they were both smiling.

The next day it was afternoon before anybody saw Daniel or Saren but when they did come out of their room they both looked tired but relaxed and happy.

Jack went into the kitchen making them something to eat while Sam was showing Koe more card games. The man had a remarkable memory making it very easy to learn the games and he was having the time of his life with this new game. Kell had started learning also then some of the other brothers started getting interested. Sam was going to need to get a case of cards sent through the gate soon.

Sam also had been carrying Jack's yoyo for the last several months as a reminder of what she was looking for. It had brought her a lot of comfort in the past and now that she had found Jack it was a real pleasure to see him playing with the toy.

Jack's yoyo was a solid piece of plastic with a long string because he was so tall. Kell had spotted Jack playing with it and asked to try. Jack let him use his toy while he went into the shop where they did the woodworking, he didn’t know why he hadn't thought of this before. He got two of the wooden wheels they made toys for the children with, he used a short dale between the wheels then got a string making Kell his own yoyo. Kell was so pleased that he was nearly jumping up and down with excitement. Jack started showing him tricks which they started doing together.

Daniel and Saren ate then she was dragging him back to the room again. Daniel gave Jack a pleading look but he didn’t say anything. Jack was grinned at Sam.

“Those two are never going to get their vows done unless they stop for a little while.” Cassy was giggling along with Sam at the situation.

Jack got some small sticks that looked like matchsticks telling Kell to come into the dinning room he was going to show Koe a new game called Poker. Needless to say no work got done that day.

Daniel and Saren were married that evening with her proud parents and siblings in attendance. Jack told them they would have to eat before they went back into the room again. Saren ate quickly while Daniel was trying to eat a little slower and regain some of his strength. He had admitted that his new young bride was going nonstop and didn’t seem to be slowing down.

Jack gave him a sympathetic look slapped him on the back and sent him back into the arms of his young wife. “Jack, you have no mercy do you.”

“No Daniel, I don't. Now you have a job to do, her father is expecting a grandchild in about nine months.”

“Jack!”

Daniel was caught by the hand pulling him back down the hall and wasn’t able to say anything else.

Sam was in the dinning room with the card sharks having gained half of the matches with Kell and Koe having equal piles in their stash the other monks had folded at this point but they were still having fun watching. Saren’s father and one of the older sons were also watching and wanted a turn at the new game.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The next day Sam, Cassy and Jack went down into the lower chambers so she could continue the work on the advanced technology that was stored there. When she turned on the generator the lights came on automatically. Jack was wandering around the room while playing with his yoyo again. He spotted something in the corner and knew what it was. He pulled it out which got Sam wondering what he was doing. He did have a tendency to break things by playing with them.

“Jack, what are you doing over there?”

“I found something and I know how it works, it’s a shield generator.”

Sam took the strange looking thing from him and started looking at it from all angles. “What do you mean it’s a shield generator, I haven’t ever seen anything like it before so I know you haven’t seen one like this.”

“I don’t know how I know but that is what it is. It will generate a shield that can be made into different shapes and it will go in different directions. It will allow things to come in but not get out or let things out but not let them back through, or it can be used to block everything in both directions. It is part of the gate that was dismantled a couple of hundred years ago. We can reattach it as a barrier again which will allow us to not need as many guards.”

Jack picked it up and turned it on telling Sam to go into the other room and then to come back. She did as she was told and when she tried to come back across the room she was stopped and gently pushed back by an invisible force.

“See, you were able to go through the shield one way without feeling anything but it stopped you as you came back through. The more force that is exerted against the shield the more force it repels with.”

Jack walked over by where she was which caused her to panic a little.

“Jack, how are we going to get to it to be able to turn it off or can Cassy do it.”

“No, Cassy will not be able to turn it off only I can do that.”

“Great, now we're stuck behind a shield wall that only you can turn off and you can’t get to it.”

Jack pulled out his yoyo and started bouncing it off the shield then catching it and throwing it again. The shield made a little boingy noise which was amusing him. Sam caught the yoyo giving him a look of a very upset wife and scientist all in one.

Jack just looked at the shield generator than walked back across the room to set down at the table again, Sam followed him. She had a thousand questions but could only ask one.

“Okay Jack, how did you do that?”

“It’s switched on like most of the things in this room by mentally asking it to turn on or turn off.”

“You ask it to come on then you turned it off by asking it to go off is that correct?”

“Bingo, all in one shot, you got it.”

“Alright then let me ask a clarifying question, If you told your little toy to put a shield on the door that was to let people in but not let them out is that all you would need to do?”

“Yes and the device could be inside the room or out it doesn’t matter because it will only work for me and they wouldn't be able to do anything to it.”

“Fine put the shield on the door.”

He did as he was asked. Sam tried to walk through the door and it wouldn't let her. Daniel came into the room and Cassy started laughing.

“What’s so funny about me walking into the room?”

Cassy was having fun now. “Nothing Daniel, but try to leave.”

Daniel tried to go through the door and bounced back landing on his butt. Sam picked up an old book that was lying on the table and smacked the generator hard. The book flew across the room landing in a pile binding up.

“So the generator shields itself from danger?” Jack just nodded his head. Jack turned it off and carried it upstairs.

He went to their room to dress putting in his harness with the swords and whips he strapped on a P90 while Sam was doing the same, they took the zat's and the 9mm’s.

Sam and Jack made the five mile hike with ease leaving Cassy to play cards with Brother Koe.

Jack set the shield generator near the Stargate then made a large shield around the gate that would allow the vortex of the gate to come in and give room for someone on the inside to get out of the way while also putting a shield around the DHD to prevent anyone from using it.

“Jack, what is the generator drawing its power from now?”

“Its working off the generator at the monastery using a type of subspace relay to draw its power, the power generator is now shielded also but if it needed to it could draw its power from the gate system itself.”

Jack reduced the guards at the gate to just two telling them to stay clear of the Stargate or they would be trapped. He gave them one of the radios telling them how to use it if someone came through the gate they were to call him.

Sam and Jack jogged back to the cloister at an easy pace, falling into a quiet solitude that was nice just to be together sharing time alone. Sam was thinking it was interesting that they fell into old habits so easily after four months apart.

“Jack what if something happens to you, we won’t be able to shut the force field down in order to leave?”

“If the devices no longer receive my brainwaves then it will look for the next set that can transmit orders to it.”

“You would need to keep drinking that bitter broth that Koe is giving us in order to access the devices and shut them down or change the configuration.”

“What about the thing you were doing with the cards last night, it looked like telekinesis, have you ever done anything like that before?”

“Not that I am aware of although I sometimes think I can read a persons thoughts like when you are thinking hard and when Daniel is about to get himself into trouble.”

“But I think it's just from knowing you for so long that I’m thinking like you and know what to expect.”

“But you can communicate with a machine and turn it on and off?”

They slowed down to a walk then he stopped and pulled her into his arms. She snuggled up close to him. At first she felt him holding her close and was enjoying the feeling of closeness with her new husband, then she began to feel something different. It was a feeling to total happiness and a strong contented feeling that was not hers but his. She felt all the love he had been holding in check for all the years that they had been together and it was overwhelming. Sam could hear a voice that wasn't hers that was in her mind telling her how much he loved her.

Sam had to work for a moment to be able to transmit back her feelings and she was only able to send a small amount to him but he received what she was trying to send and smiled at her. He kissed her then it was time to get back to the monastery.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ka’tin waited patiently in the barn where the live stock was kept, the monks sent a person out everyday to feed the animals and to milk the large beast. The birds that clucked and constantly pecked at the ground were annoying to him. They made just too much noise. He looked around the area, seeing that it was devoid of humans he kicked one of the birds that was pecking at his foot. It landed across the pen where they were kept letting out more racket than he could have imagined which started the other birds doing the same.

The structure had a upper area that was used for keeping hay and feed for the animals, he climbed into that area hoping to get away from the animals and at least some of the smell. He was trying to get a better idea of what their basic routine was so he would be able to gather as many of the locals and SG1 as he could then he would strongly suggest that Lord Ba’al send a Mothership to wipe the planet clean.

Jack and Sam arrived just in time to see Koe take all the sticks they had been playing with into his pile. He was a happy monk that had a royal flush to finish the game. Koe was looking for new meat, someone that he hadn't beaten recently.

Saren’s father the black smith had said he and Jason the leather smith would come by and they were entering the door together as Jack went to check on Daniel, Sam sat down as a forth while Koe shuffled the cards.

Daniel and Saren had gone out to milk the cows and feed the livestock. Jack was almost too the barn when he heard a scream then Daniel's 9mm let loose in a rapid fire which emptied the clip then a pause as it was reloaded.

Daniel had become quite a marksman with all the weapons in the last 7 years. He was no longer the quiet, let’s talk things through and come to a peaceful settlement guy that went on that first mission with. Now he saw a danger and didn't hesitate to use quick and deadly force.

Jack watched as the Ashrack jumped from the loft of the barn into the field running away at a rather hurried and limping pace. It would appear that Daniel didn’t miss completely.

The barn door opened letting out Daniel with his weapon still drawn followed by a very upset Saren. She was covered in milk where the cow had kicked the bucket she was using when the shooting started.

Jack would have gone after the Ashrack but he already had a good head start on them and Daniel needed to console his wife after scaring her half to death. Jack would have used his radio to call Teal’c but that was the radio they had just left with the guards at the gate, which only left them with two here at the monastery.

Jack gathered Daniel and Saren to take them back into the building where it was a little safer than the barn. After dropping off the newly weds Jack got Kell, Teal’c and Sam together and started tracking the Ashrack to the best of their ability with it getting late in the day and a cold trail.

The blood trail didn’t last too long which meant that he was not hurt too badly or he had been able to somehow bandage the wound in order to curtail the flow of blood. After stopping the bleeding he had gone to the rocks to hide his trail.

Jack was wishing that he had a pack of blood hounds or even better some of the German Shepherds use as watch dogs at the base. They would not only track they could be used as attack animals.


Things were starting to get a little more desperate for Ka’tin he had been injured again by the weakest member of SG1 at that, and he had a young girl with him at the time. Ka’tin would have thought that the woman of SG1 would have been the weak link of the group but she had turned out to be a formidable opponent.

The girl that was in the building with the beast and the man from SG1 that had injured him was very pretty and he had added her to his list of people to bring back to Lord Ba’al. She would make a fine queen and he would receive even more of a reward for her on top of what he would get for the Tau’ri. He would need to start gathering them together soon though but first he would need to heal this latest injury so he would be in top form when he needed to kill this Jack O’Neill.

Ka’tin knew that one of the Jaffa had survived the initial attack at the Chapa’i and that he was being held in town at the local jail, which was really a storeroom at the back of one of the stores. Ka’tin was wondering why the Jaffa had not broken out of the storeroom yet it was not that well secured.The people of the town may have drugged him to keep him from escaping captivity but if the Jaffa was that useless then Ka’tin would leave him here to be dealt with by the humans until Ba’al wiped the planet out of existence.

Ka’tin crawled back into the cave to rest and repair the damage done to him on this last outing. His anger at the Tau’ri was growing and he wanted to kill all of them starting with the leader Jack O’Neill of SG1.


Daniel took Saren inside were he started heating the water on the stove so she could have a hot bath and wash the milk out of her hair. He went to their room and got her some clean clothes that her parents had brought with them. When he returned to the bath area he turned on the water to fill the tub and added the hot water which was really not hot yet but it took the chill off the water, he would add more hot water later.

Saren was feeling sticky and dirty but she was very touched by the effort of her new husband to help her and make her feel better. The device that he used to injure the devil was very loud and had frightened her almost as badly as the devil in the loft that was watching them. Saren had almost a half of a bucket of milk when Daniel had heard the rafter squeak. She watched as a metal object seamed to just pop into his hand but she knew he had it in a pouch that was on his hip. He had been very fast and she was proud of the way he had protected her. The metal thing he had in his hand gave off several very loud explosions which caused the devil to jump up and run for the loft door but he was hurt.

The explosions caused the cow to jump and kick which splashed the milk all over her and sent both of them across the room to get out of her way until she settled down again. Saren was shook up but she was not injured other than having a pale of milk on her. Daniel helped her get out of the sticky clothes doing his best not to pull her hair which was sticking to the drying milk causing the beautiful blond locks to mat and tangle.

Daniel knew that women used conditioners and special shampoos in their hair but he had no idea what they used here. He jumped up and ran out the door after she was safely in the tub. He found Sam as she was coming back into the building from the unsuccessful hunt for the Ashrack.

“Sam do you have any shampoo and conditioner with you that I can barrow or buy off of you?”

“Yes I do have a small amount with me but your hair is fine Daniel.”

Sammmm, it’s not for me it’s for Saren she had milk all in her hair and it’s clumping and tangling.”

“Okay Daniel, she can use some of mine but save some for me it is getting a little short on supply.”

“I’ll buy you a case of each when we get home, Thanks.”

Sam went the their room to get the requested items then handed them to Daniel and watched him as he ran down the hall to the washroom. Daniel had never said anything to Sam but he had always liked the way her hair smelled so he was hoping that Saren would like the smell also.

Daniel poured the rest of the heated water into the tub and received a moan of a pleasure for his wife. He took a moment to think of what to do then made up his mind as to the best way to proceed. Daniel stripped down and got in the tub with her from behind and started washing her hair. He read the instructions on the conditioner then applied it as it said to do.

When they were done he was surprised to see her wash her clothes in the bath water, it was still clean and he had not thought about the fact that there were no washing machines or dryers here so it made good sense to do it this way. She also washed his clothes and hung them up to dry in the wash room. He didn’t have a spare set of clothing with him in the washroom though so Saren went to their room and brought them back.

Sam and Jack were in the Sanctuary basement when they found them. Saren went to Sam and said in a heavy accent.

“Thank You.”

Then she twirled around causing her hair to fluff out beautifully landing in soft bouncy waves down her back. Then she pulled a strand of her hair to her nose sniffed then let loose with a long fast string of happy words that Sam had no idea what she was saying but she got the drift that she really liked the shampoo and conditioner. Sam just gave her a pat on the arm and smiled with thumbs up. Saren gave her a hug with a kiss on the cheek then took Daniel and left.


Ka’tin went to the Chapa’i three days later after he was healed to fine that it only had two guards that were not even up and moving. They were just sitting around having a conversation about something useless. Ka’tin needed information, he took out the guards quickly and quietly but he didn't kill them.

Then he went to the Dialing Device to contact Lord Ba’al but he was not able to press any of the symbols to dial out. He was furious, how had they been able to disable the dialing device like this.

The unconscious guards were useless to him now he was going to extract information from them but he knew that they wouldn't know anything about how to enable the device. He just left them and walked away, he didn't want to waste his time killing helpless victims.

Soon he would start gathering the people to take back with him then he would need to destroy SG1 but first he would need to find out what they had done.

The woman on SG1 would be the key she was the one that figured out all their technological problems according to the briefing he had heard on the famous group.

(He did not always sleep through them. It just looked like he did.)


Sam had been thinking about what Jack had done when they first came through the Stargate during the battle with the makeup and hair to shock the enemy for a split second giving him the advantage, she knew that the Ashrack would not fall for the makeup trick again but she had another idea.

She loaded up on her weapons then went into the courtyard to show Saren how to use the zat. When Sam was convinced that she could hit a target and not hurt herself or anybody that she didn’t want to hurt then the women went into town together. They told the men they were going shopping and it was girl stuff they needed so the men had no objection to staying where they were with Jack and Daniel both telling them to be careful.

It was not easy on either of the women trying to communicate when neither of them was very good at the others language but they got by with hand signals to communicate what they needed. Saren wanted to go to her parent’s house for a while but Sam needed to have something made at the store first she was able to get the message across to Saren as to what she needed.

The local printer had come by the monastery and borrowed one of the decks of cards to reproduce them. They were the new thing going around even bypassing the yoyo. The kids were more into the yoyo though so it was still selling and spreading to the nearby towns. Sam wasn't at all surprised to see that the black smith was working on a project but when they got a break the card game would continue from the last play.

He laid down his hammer and hugged his daughter taking great notice of her hair and how good it smelled and it was so shinny. Saren preened for him then went into the house to see her mother.

Sam stayed in the shop watching the men do their jobs. She was not being snobby, she just couldn’t participate in a conversation with Saren and her mother.

One of the men had been using a bellows to heat the steal in the coal pit. She saw a spring lying near by that would do for what she needed it to do. She motioned for the man to stop for a moment so that she could attach the spring to the upper end of the billows handles and to the rafter above it. Then she attached a weight to the handle to some what counter the spring then she took a stick and cut it off to the length she needed to put under the billows making it much easer to use.

They took a lunch break in a short while and Sam was invited in for the noon meal which was a large steak cooked medium well done with a large portion of vegetables including something that tasted like a potato and a strong tea to drink. Sam was in heaven with the steak dinner, it had been almost three weeks since she had anything like that. Sam and Saren both ate well that day.

Her mother was asking her questions and Saren was rubbing her stomach but Sam knew that her mother was telling her that it was too soon to tell if she was pregnant even though Sam didn’t know the actual words being said. Saren looked a little disappointed when they left and Sam knew that she had wanted her mother to tell her something that would confirm or deny that she was carrying Daniel's child yet.

Ka’tin was waiting around the corner of the building that evening when Sam and Saren walked by he grabbed Sam by the hair and pulled her into the ally. Saren made a grab for the zat but Ka’tin was prepared this time he slapped the zat to the ground, then roughly pushed Saren in behind him in the ally. Sam was too close for the P90 to be effective and the 9mm had been knocked away as he drug her in.

Her training was good though and she had her knife in hand leaving a long gash along his side and across the back of his arm. She quickly flipped the knife into a reverse grip bringing it back into a underhanded stabbing motion aimed for his rib cage. Ka’tin was barely able to avoid the back hand thrust while he spun around striking Sam on the side of the head knocking her out.

Saren wasn't out of the game yet though, she picked up the knife where Sam had lost it when she was hit. She lunged forward from her position on the ground driving the knife deep into his leg. Saren was about to start screaming for help when she was also knocked out.

Ka’tin grabbed the knife and with an effort he pulled it out, she had driven it in all the way to the hilt, he was having trouble controlling the pain and the bleeding. He ripped off the tattered remains of his shirt which he wrapped around his leg and tied it off. He grabbed the two women by the arm and drug them along to a more quiet place where he could tie them up then try to get the pain in check.

He had taken some rope that was left out by one of the new building that were being constructed, he got the women into a small shack that was not being used anymore and tied them securely. He took a long time to stop the bleeding this time and with Daniel shooting him before he was not going to be able to get his third victim tonight.

The two he had was a start though, Ka’tin blindfolded and gagged them and a couple of hours later he slowly took them to the cave then pulled them in so he didn't have to untie them. He went back outside and watched the countryside below as he made sure there were no tracks leading to his hideout.


Jack was getting worried about the girls being gone for so long this close to dark. It was almost sundown when he decided it was time to go looking for them. He gathered his usual hunting party, Kell and Teal’c but Sam was not there and Saren was also missing so Daniel came along with them this time.

They took one of the radios with them leaving the other one for Sam if she came back without them seeing each other she could call them in. Just as they were getting into town they saw a commotion going on near one of the buildings. Saren’s father came out and got Jack to show him what was happening. On the ground was the P90 the 9mm pistol, the zat, Sam’s knife with blood all over it and three packages.

There was blood all over the ground and a few strands of blond hair both long and short. Daniel was about to go into hysterics until Jack shook him telling him to get his shit together now or he would be sent back to stay with Koe instead of helping to find the women. Jack told him that they are not dead or the Ashrack would have left the bodies where they lay. After the attack at the gate he probably wanted to know if she could disable the force field.

Jack noticed that the packages had names on them, one was labeled Jack another had Sam’s name on it and one was marked Kell. He opened the package with his name on it to find and very well made ninja suit made of thick dull black material that would not reflect any light and was light enough in color that it didn't stand out in a dark area like a solid black would.

He gave the one marked Kell to him and the one marked Sam to Daniel but when Daniel tried it on the shoulders were not wide enough and the pants were not long enough. Daniel decided to do as Teal’c was doing and just use his black tee shirt with the dark green camouflage pants.

Jack got some of the coal dust from the blacksmiths shop to blacken his face using some of it for Teal’c. Daniel knew that even though Teal’c had a dark complexion the oils in his skin were what Jack was trying to keep from showing. If he wasn't using the coal dust it would shine out like a beacon to anyone that was watching, Daniel and Kell did the same thing to their faces. Jack and Kell were using the hoods that were with the suits but they still used some of the coal dust on the small bit if skin that was showing.

The inside of the top had pockets sewn in for knives and Jack even found some traditional ninja toys that Sam had made for them. Shuriken or throwing stars placed inside some of the pockets with cloth in between them to keep them from rattling or clanging together. Jack and Kell strapped their swords on and it was time to hunt.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam woke with a headache that wouldn't go away. To top that off her hands were numb and she was laying on a rock the size of a small car that was poking her in the ribs. She became a little more coherent after a few minuets of confusion. She was in total darkness but she knew that she wasn't alone. She could hear some one else breathing and she had that someone’s long hair in her face. She smelled the hair and realized that it was Saren lying next to her.

Sam experimentally twisted on the ropes to see if there was any slack but it only caused her pain, she was tied well by someone that knew how to keep a prisoner secured. Sam was not just any prisoner though she was SG1 and had plenty of training on how to get out of a bad situation when others would fail. This one at least wasn’t going to be too bad, at least this time she was not chained to the wall. Sam could tell that Saren was awake by the changing of her breathing pattern and in the way her body had tensed up, she was glad that Saren wasn't a screamer.

Sam rolled over onto her other side so she could bring her right boot up to her hands, it was hard to do things with numb fingers but she didn't have any other choice. She didn't think that the Ashrack would release them if she just asked.

The last thing she could remember was the long walk while blindfolded and gagged. She remembered being pulled inside through a rough stone opening which probably was a cave and it smelled like a cave in here. Her scalp still hurt from that little experience the Ashrack must have used her hair at some point to get her into the cave.

She worked silently while doing her best to keep her frustration down. She had managed to get the knife out of her boot with considerable difficulty and she had dropped the knife three times now. She had been lucky that the knife fell into the dirt and not onto the rocks which would have given them away. She almost gave herself away when she finally cut through the last of the rope and nearly gave out a sigh of relief. Sam quietly rubbed her wrist trying to get the circulation going again inwardly screaming at the pins and needles as she started getting blood flow back. Sam cut Saren’s bindings while trying to see what was in the cave with them. Sam didn’t feel the presents of a Goa’uld near by.

Having learned the lesions of being caught in dark unlit hallways, passages, caves, basements and other hard to see areas all of the SG teams were carrying small flashlights with extra batteries. Sam carried one in her alice vest and one in her pocket. She covered the light with her hand only letting out a small amount of light, it was just enough to let them see the walls and a small amount of the cave. Sam felt a breeze moving against her face so she was thinking there must be another way out. Sam reached into her other boot where she had the other knife hidden giving that one to Saren. It was time to leave.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack wasn't wasting any more time. His wife was in the hands of a killer and it was dark. He ran the distance to the Stargate with his team in quick pursuit. He disabled the shield from the Stargate and DHD in order to call Earth. Jack used the radio that was left there to call through. It was the middle of the night there with Colonel Jim Ferris in charge of the gate. Jack told him they were had a situation and needed to locate Sam, Saren and the Ashrack as quickly as possible. He made a list of things that they needed included a pair of the base guard dogs that were trained to track and attack.

The dogs handler was sent through the gate without knowing what was on the other side, he came into a dark world where he could just barley make out a pair of camouflage pants. The dogs knew that someone was there that they knew and he noticed that their tails were waging. No danger in the local area. Sergeant Jimmy Holmes was about to turn on his light so he could see what was around him when a hand came out of nowhere stopping him.

“Don’t use the light it will cause you to not be able to see very well in the dark and we need dark. Just give it time and you'll start to see better in just a little while.”

There were two moons out that night with a third small one peaking over the horizon. Jimmy (Everybody called him John but he hated the name and it’s referral to an actor that he would not mention.) was told not to look at the moons. He gave the other equipment to the men he was beginning to make out pits and pieces of now as his eyes adjusted to the dark.

Jimmy had three P90’s, four 12 gauge shotguns and four sets of black 4513 TSW Smith & Wesson .45 caliber pistols with black holsters and enough ammunition for a small war which he was giving to each of the men.

Jack didn’t waste any time strapping on the pistols tightening the leg straps in place. Jack took the leashes of the dogs telling Jimmy to do his best to keep up. Jack had clipped the radio that Jimmy had brought to his shoulder harness and was off at a run.

Jimmy had been in the Air Force for three and a half years and he was used to running but the four men that were ahead of him were leaving him laterally in the dark. His radio crackled, with the sound of Colonel Jack O’Neill telling him to get his butt in gear and catch up or he might find himself alone with an Ashrack with a bad temper. Jimmy’s pace was stepped up with vigor after those inspiring words were spoken.

It didn’t take them long to get back to the ally where Sam and Saren were attacked. The moons were out full now making it easer to see. Jack picked up the knife which had the blood on it and Sam’s sent letting the dogs get the sent then they started tracking. They found the tattered shirt of the Ashrack with blood all over it and the shed giving Daniel and Jack both hope. Jack already knew what kind of damage was done before and now the side and the back of the left arm had been cut open. Jack gave the shirt to the dogs to get the sent off of then they were off again.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam and Saren worked there way along the cave for what seamed hours on end. The wind kept whistling past them telling them that the way out was just ahead around the bend, but it had been telling them that for some time now.

Sam could feel Jack searching her mind to find her, She could feel him but she wasn't able to send the information to him that he was so desperately wanting. ‘Where are you; are you okay?’ The question was repeated over and over but she wasn't strong enough to send a mental message any distance at all. Jack wasn't able to read her that far away either so he was in a constant state of worry about her and Saren.


Even though the dogs were searching diligently they were not completely silent, Jack had wanted to find the Ashrack quickly to deal with this problem once and for all.

Ka’tin saw the approach of the men with some kind of animal that was leading them, it would appear that the animals were bringing the humans right to him. He went back inside the cave to gather the women so he could use them as a hostage if need be and if he could get away without using them that way the older of the women could get the force field off so that he could leave. To his utter announce he found their bindings were cut and they were gone. Now he was going to have to reacquired them later, for the time being he was going to need to leave in a hurry to be able to get away from the animals.

Outside of the cave was a cliff wall that went up at a steep angle, he went outside and started climbing. He couldn't see the animals very well in the dark but he was able to see that they had four legs and he could hear their claws on the rocks as they were coming in his direction. It was hard going to climb the cliff with his leg and arm injured he was only able to get some of the wound to close but they still caused him a great deal of pain. Ka’tin reached the top of the cliff as the animals came to the bottom.

Jack approached the cliff face carefully watching for sign of traps or attack. The dogs went strait to a rock that had a good deal of blood on it where someone had been setting. Then they went to a small opening in the cliff face that was behind a bush. Jack used the flashlight that Jimmy had brought with him but he sent one of the dogs in first. When he didn't hear any barking or sound of struggle he went in. Daniel was next in while Jimmy, Teal’c and Kell stayed outside.

Jack was quick to find the cut bindings and a few blond hairs on the rocks but there was no blood in that area. Jack still had the sack that his new clothes came in, he had the dog get a sent off of that then told it to find and guard. The dog started down the cave with Jack and Daniel in hot pursuit while Jack was still watching for traps as he hurried after the big German Shepard.

Sam and Saren heard the dog as it barked in its excitement of finding something when the big Shepard came around the corner and waged it’s tail at them. The dog had done it’s job of finding the women but it didn't have anything to protect against so it just sat down ans waited for the man that had given him the command.

When Jack and Daniel had found the two women they were standing in a rather large cavern. If Jack hadn't been able to here the dog he would have taken several wrong turns that led to the outside of the cave in different parts of the cliff face. With the large flashlight he was able to see the exits that the girls had missed. They had stayed with the main corridor of the cave following the wind willing it to lead them to the outside rather than follow the smaller caves, if it were daylight outside they would have see the light.

The men were so relieved to find them in fairly good shape that it took several minuets for the girls to get them to look at what they had found. Along the walls as far as the flashlights would shine were control panels. Daniel walked over the one of them by the entrance of the cave to check it out. There were panels for readings but they were all dark. The odd thing about the panel was that there were no buttons, levers, switches or knobs of any kind. Sam was next to check it out which made her think of the shield generator and power generator.

“Jack, would you please come over here and turn this thing on or maybe get us some lights on in here.”

Jack mentally gave the command for lights which flooded the room with a bright white light that was blinding after the near total darkness they were in before. This wasn't Ancient technology as Daniel and Sam had both thought it was in the beginning but it was very advanced on the scale of or possible just below the Ancients.

In the center of the cavern was a large ship, It wasn't a Mothership but it would make a nice battle cruiser. Sam was about to start twitching wondering which way to go first.

Jack spotted the bruise on her face for the first time and was concerned that she was more injured than he had first thought. Daniel had noticed that Saren had a black eye and had been bleeding from her left nostril but she didn't seem to be in any great pain. Jack had thought to bring the medical kits along in case he needed it and he had been afraid that it wouldn't have been enough but they were going to be fine. Jack got some aspirin out giving some to each of the women with a canteen then he got some of the gauze out wetting it to clean Saren’s face. Jack found that this building had a shield generator in it also and turned it on to keep anything out.

In the ceiling of the cavern was a large hole where all the wind had been coming from. When the lights were turned on inside the cave it made quite a light show on the top of the plateau drawing Ka’tin to see what it was that could make such a large amount of light in this primitive place.

He looked down at the equipment all along the sides of the cavern and a rather large ship that was sitting in the center of the cave waiting to be taken back to Lord Ba’al or if he played his cards right he might just keep it for himself.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Teal’c and Kell were starting to get worried about the others inside, it had been about thirty minuets without any communications, but here were also not any shots or shouting.

Teal’c was a little large to go inside the cave entrance comfortably and Kell didn't want to leave him alone outside. Teal’c didn't speak the language on this planet so communications was not easy between the two. The one thing they did have in common was that Jack had taught Kell hand signals which Teal’c was very familiar with. Kell made sign that he wanted to check out the cave and Teal'c should keep watch if that was okay. Teal’c signed that he should proceed.

Kell turned on the light which he almost dropped when the light came on, he had never seen anything like that before. It was an interesting new thing to have in his hands like all the other things Jack had brought into their lives and it was fun to play with. Teal'c was watching and wondered if all humans played this much or was it just their youth, if he wasn't already close to ninety he might also be tempted to play with things as much as Jack and Kell did.

Two hours later Kell was totally lost, he had been traveling up and down so many of the passages that he didn't know where he had been and where he was going. The cave didn't give him any sense of direction and all the passages looked the same to him. He was sitting quietly by a low ledge of rock wondering what he was going to do next to get out of the cave. He was about to give up all hope when a hand caught him on the shoulder and spun him around.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Logie was patrolling the protected planets which he did every few months always changing his schedule so that anybody trying to get to the planets to exploit the resources or the inhabitants would not know when he would be around. The planet below was a typical humanoid development in the early agriculture age. It wasn't an easy life for them but they were making progress.

He noticed that the planet was having a drought problem and a sickness had spread through a large portion of the continuant near the Stargate. There was a funeral going on at the Stargate that he stopped to watch. It was a common thing for people that knew about the Stargate to use the unstable vortex of an opening wormhole to dispose of their dead. Logie used the scanner on board is ship to see what they were about to destroy. It was a young woman in her mid twenties that had perished from the sickness.

The local people were about to push the seventh symbol when Logie saw that there was a young child on the platform with the woman. The child was alive and it looked like she was healthy. Logie was known for his speed at which he could do a task but it took all of his ability to shield the platform as the vortex washed over the platform protecting the child as well as keeping the platform from falling.

Logie used the large hologram of a red haired Viking with a long bearded, a war hammer and a shield that had a spike coming out of the center if it along with full leg, chest and chain mail gloves as armor.
He even smelled of sweat and leather that had been worn for a long time without washing mixed with the smell of old blood. The war hammer and battle ax that he was carrying had dried blood on them as well. His helmet didn't have the horns, it was just a plain metal helmet that had a nose guard covering a rough looking scarred face and long hair that went with the tangles of the beard.

The hologram bellowed out in a thunders voice. “Hold there; what, are you doing to this child?!”

He told them to bring the child to him. Then the people at the gate fell to their knees in reverence to the god of thunder.

“We are sorry lord, the child had lost both of her parents to the sickness and our crops are dieing from the drought. We did not have enough to feed our own let along an orphan; we beg forgiveness.”

The hologram thundered a bellow at the cowering crowd. “You should be asking the forgiveness of the life you were about to waste in an effort to save a few crumbs for yourselves. This child is barely more that a toddler, she did not understand what you were doing and you would have killed her for nothing!!!”

“I should let you all starve to death for this but I will not. Only if you promises never to do this again, I will bring the rain and a good crop to you this year but you will need to learn how to make the crops grow when there is a drought like this again. Talk to the man two days walk to the South and he will tell you how to do your farming when the weather is not cooperating.”

With that the hologram which was the one Thor used most often struck the ground with his war hammer, a loud boom that shook the ground. The effects were done from the ship Logie was on but it had the effect he wanted when the ships laser was beamed through the hammer evaporating the burial stand. The hologram made a show of putting the war hammer back into his belt loop then he and the child disappeared.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Logie had a lot of things that he needed to do quickly but he had a problem on his hands at the moment that would not wait. It was a three foot tall four year old female child that was naked and asking questions rapid fire at him. The ship was warm and clean because the Asgard did not ware clothing but it just did not seem right to have a small child that was naked running around his ship. Logie had never dealt with a human child before. This seemed to be a very intelligent youngster according to his scans as he brought her on board.

Logie did not have any human clothing of course but he had seen Jack O’Neill do something one time when he was beamed on board from his shower and they did not have time to get his clothing right away.

Logie took a blanket off of one of the beds that the humans used one time and cut a hole in the center then cut the sheet off to length with his laser cutter dropping the sheet over the child’s head making her head poke through the hole, the child started giggling at this new game with the little gray person. Logie took a two inch length of the material making a belt with a nice bow for her in the front. He would make her some regular close with the replicator when he had time.

Logie was busy trying to set the fertilizer and new seedlings into the ground with the transported that would give the people a good crop in a few months time while setting up a gravity flux device that would divert cool air down into the area combining it with the warm moist air making for a fair amount of rain without causing too much, most of the time. Of course there was no real predicting the weather he was just helping it out a little so that the drought would be broken.

Then he took one of the elders of the town that was two days walk from the Stargate while he was sleeping giving him the knowledge of how to make the crops grow stronger and healthier, he also giving him the ideas on how to make the livestock bigger to give more meat and milk. He then implanting the idea that the man needed to teach this to all the people of the area so everybody could gain from his knowledge. Logie then put some antibiotics into the water system that would kill most of the bacteria that was causing the outbreak and helping those that were already sick to get better.

The child was chattering along all the time he was trying to do these things telling him about her family. Logie started listening when she told him about how her Mommy started getting sick after her Daddy did and how she wasn't able to stop shaking like she was cold but she was really hot. Then she got really still and got cold, the men came and put her on the platform with an old blanket after taking their clothes telling her that they were needed for the living which she didn't understand. She was trying to snuggle close to her Mommy to make her warm again but it was hard to do with the blanket being so small and having holes all in it.

Then the big man came to make her Mommy go away without her being able to get a kiss or to say goodbye. She was asking where the big man went and where her Mommy went and could she go see her Mommy. She was already missing her Mommy very much and did he have anything that she could play with until her Mommy came and got her.

Logie put in a distress call to Thor giving him all the information then asking what he should do. Thor’s answer was to find Jack O’Neill or Samantha Carter they would know what to do.


Logie made the trip from the planet to Earth in record time that day. He used the hologram to contact the SGC asking where Jack O’Neill or Samantha Carter were and that he had an emergency problem that Thor said only they could take care of. General Hammond gave him the Stargate address which he could locate the planet with then he vanished like he was about to catch fire if he didn't hurry.

Logie reappeared in the Generals office a few seconds later. “General Hammond, what do you feed a human child?”

The General had him beam the child into the mess hall of the SGC which made quite a commotion when an Asgard dressed in a sheet that was tied around his middle appeared holding the hand of a child with long blond hair and blue eyes and about four years old. The child was thin for her age but she was giggling until she saw all the people staring at her, then did her best to hide behind Logie.

George Hammond was taken heart and soul by the child as soon as he saw her. He went over to one of the tables then turned to the crowd of people telling them to go about their business. The group of people dispersed while he sat in the chair at the table beckoning for Logie to bring the little girl to him. He smiled at her and she gave him a shy smile back.

George told the cooks what he wanted to get for the child to eat, then called the medical staff to do a physical on her to know if she was healthy or needed to be treated. He asked if anybody had something in their car that the girl could wear and maybe some toys. He sent one of the SF’s to his car where he had a teddy bear in the back seat for his grand daughters to play with, he would get them another one later. One of the nurses was taking her kids old clothing to the thrift store so she had a trunk full of clothes and toys.

The little girl ate like she was starving and from the look of her she was. She ate the spaghetti that George had ask the cook to bring with a large glass of milk and some cookies, she was almost asleep when the nurse took her to the showers and cleaned her up then got her dressed for bed.

Logie had disappeared when he saw that the child was being taken care of but he was monitoring things from his ship. The Nurse tucked her charge into the bed where she promptly hugged her bear and went to sleep. Logie beamed the child, bed and all into a dark area of the medical lab along with the extra clothes and toys. It was time to find O’Neill to finish his task so that he could get back to doing his job.

Logie looked fondly at the little girl that was sleeping in his infirmary. It was odd that a small human could bring out so much happiness and peace in his life.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Daniel had heard something in the cave outside the large room they were presently occupying. He pulled his pistol then advanced carefully through the door. The force field would let someone out but it would not let them in unless Jack told it to.

Teal’c was getting tired of doing nothing and was looking around when he saw a light further up in the rock face it was only for a second but it was there. He sent the dog and Jimmy inside to find O’Neill while he went up the face of the cliff to the opening. It was large enough to allow him to enter the cave without too much squeezing and scraping.

Jack turned around from where Sam was working on the control panel trying to see why it was not coming on and also just to get a look at the insides of the panel to see what makes it tick.

Daniel was missing, he told Sam that he would be right back, while he went to find Daniel again. Jack took the dog telling it to find Daniel which made no sense to the dog, he didn't know who Daniel was, Jack just told the dog to follow him.

Teal’c was having trouble with his staff weapon, it was too tall to go through the cave upright and the bend in the cave wall wouldn't let the go through the other way. He finally admitted defeat and left the weapon leaning against the wall of the cave.

Kell first felt the hand on his shoulder in the dark of the cave he thought he was going to be the next victim of the Ashrack. He reacted violently coming around with one of the short swords and nearly gutting Jack. Kell was fast but Jack was faster and he had his own sword there to block the stroke. Kell was doubly relieved that it was not the Ashrack and that he did not succeed with the stroke that would have killed his friend.

The dog had remained quiet but alert during the exchange which was so fast that he wouldn't have had time to do much anyway. His tail started wagging as soon as the tension was broken. The dog started off in the direction of the main cave passageway where he greeted the other dog and Jimmy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Logie heard a noise coming from the medical bay and hurried in to see what could be the matter with the little girl. She was crying and rubbing her eyes when Logie got into the room.

“What is causing your distress?”

“I miss my Mommy and Daddy and I want to go home now.”

Logie didn't know much about human children but he knew that she did not need to be told that her parents were never coming back again. It would be too great of a stress on the small child. He knew also that Jack O’Neill would be able to take care of this problem like Thor had said.

Logie had seen the nurses play with the child and he did his best to imitate what they had done. He picked up one of the teddy bears and shook it in her face making the same noise that the others had except his was not as deep as a normal humans so it was an Asgard growl that came out of his throat. This caused the child to start laughing which caused Logie to smile which was rare for an Asgard.

“If you will get out of the bed I will get you some food as it was explained to me at the SGC, it is called breakfast.”

The little girl jumped out of bed then told him that she needed to use the restroom. This was a problem for Logie on how do you tell a small human how to use an Asgard toilet. He finally gave up trying to figure it out and just showed her where it was and how it was used.

He had transported humans before and knew that they used a shower in the morning most of the time, at least SG1 did so he showed her where the shower was then started the water as she got undressed. He stayed with her like the nurse did on Earth. When she was done he used the Asgard body dryer which was a large blow dryer which made her giggle. Logie then showed her where her clothes were and she dressed herself.

When she came out she didn't look right though, she had on an odd color combination of clothes and different socks with mismatching shoes. The shoes were Velcro straps so they didn't need to be tied.
Logie went into the room and got the clothes that matched on the girl and now knew why SG1 always dressed in those green and black outfits, it was so much easer then having to look for matching sets of clothes. Logie was glad he didn't usually ware clothing but he was now because of the child had insisted that he dress like a human.

Logie fixed her the breakfast she wanted which was supposed to be Jack O’Neill’s favorite breakfast. It was some kind of round things with different colors and sugar all over them which then had milk poured over it in a half round container. Logie gave the child what the humans called a spoon then went to the control room to see if the ship could go any faster then it already was.

Logie had put the child in the med pod as soon as he had her on board his ship to make sure she was healthy and at the same time he implanted the use of the English language as well as Asgard. He thought of
Dr. Jackson’s ability to speak so many different languages and how it had helped him over the years so he taught her Goa’uld, French, Spanish, German, Arabic. He then thought of Major Carter and gave the child advanced mathematics, then he was at her capacity for such a small child he decided to wait for a while before using more of the learning programs.

Logie found out later that this was a mistake on his part because now she could not only speak Asgard she also could read it and understand what she was reading. What she did not have the ability of an adult to know when it was good to do something and when it was a bad time to do things like grabbing a meteoroid as they passed it in hyperspace with the tractor beam causing it to shoot by at tremendous speed to crash into an asteroid that was much bigger causing it to explode to her great delight. The explosion was so strong that the ship was thrown off course by several degrees which she helped to calculate the proper course to correct the heading. Then did it again in French, German and Spanish.

Logie found a coloring book and some crayons in the stack of toys. Her little fingers were not coordinated enough to be able to stay in the lines very well and she had some strange color combinations which did not make much sense to Logie but as long as she was occupied with that he could do what he needed to do with the ship.

Logie left for a moment to make some minor adjustments in the engine room. He returned to find the screens had all been relabeled with the names of the monitors in every language that she had been taught with a different color for each language all spelled perfectly but in the scrawl of a four year old.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam and Saren were working on the panel when Jack left, Sam was getting somewhat frustrated with the technology that would only respond to one person, she needed to have him try to make the panel turn on and he wasn't there. They decided that if they couldn't work on that project they needed to explore the cavern some more. Between a set of panels they found a door that led into the living quarters of the complex. It had sleeping quarters as well as the necessary needs like restrooms with showers and a dinning area with food replicator.

The women were both exhausted and needed rest. It didn't take them long to take a quick shower and crawl into a set of beds that were in one of the rooms.

Daniel was walking along carefully, he didn't like being out in the cave all alone but he hadn't think of that when he left. He knew he should have said something to Jack instead of rushing off on his own.
He had one of the 45's out, cocked and ready to fire.

As he stepped around a corner there was a person standing in the dark waiting for him. He didn't think he just aimed the pistol and pulled the trigger as he had been taught to do. A massive hand was holding the barrel with the thumb on the hammer keeping the weapon from firing while it was being taken away. Daniel drew the other 45 which was slapped out of his hand then he went for his knife which was out in a flash moving toward his invisible assailant.

The knife struck thin air on the upswing but Daniel was quick to reverse the grip and step forward bringing the knife down in an underhand stabbing motion aimed at the attackers lower stomach. Daniel's wrist was caught in a vice like grip which could have only been a Goa’uld or a Jaffa.

“Daniel Jackson, you should cease this activity before I am forced to hurt you in order to make you stop.”

Jack and his group came around the bend in the cave at that time seeing Daniel and Teal’c with weapons drawn which were immediately moved to cover the advancing group.

“Hey fellas, are we having a party here or what?”

Jack led the way back to the main cavern too find that it was empty. He started looking around finally finding the door, then eventually his wife. Saren was asleep in the bed across the room from her so Jack showered then crawled in beside Sam for the night. Daniel was with Saren and the others found rooms of their own.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The child was asleep again when Logie pulled into orbit around the planet where SG1 was supposed to be located. Logie was very worried that they might have left the planet and he would be looking all over the universe trying to complete this mission. It had taken him two days to get to the planet traveling as fast as he could.

He scanned the planet for the locater tag that the Asgard had installed on Jack O’Neill after he was taken by Loki and cloned. It was not going to happen again without the Asgard knowing where he was after the locater had been turned on. He was in a shielded stone room underground not too far from a primitive settlement. Logie counted six people plus two animals in the area.

He beamed a hologram down into the room where Jack O’Neill was with three other people. The room filled with a blinding white light and Jack found a little gray alien looking over Sam at him.

“Greetings Jack O’Neill, we need you to lower your shields so we may beam in.”

Then the little gray alien just stood there blinking at him. “Logie? What are you doing here?”

“I have come looking for you as Thor said you were the best person to handle this situation.”

Logie beamed into the room with the child still in the bed asleep along with all her clothes and toys he even beamed down the food that he had received from the SGC for the child.

Logie told the group of adults of the way he found the child next to her dead mother about to be vaporized in the vortex of a Stargate as it was energized and how Thor had said to find Jack O’Neill to take the child and find a good home for her.

When he was finished telling them of how he had taken the child all the adults that could understand English in the room were with tears.

Sam was the first to go over and pick up the sleeping child to hold her. The little girl opened her eyes then gave Sam a sleepy smile.

“Good morning sweetheart, what’s your name?”

The child put her hand on Sam’s face to see if she was real and hugged her close. “You look like my Mommy sept her hair was longer. Mommy called me sweetheart like you did or baby doll but I’m not a baby. I’m four years old now and I’ll have a birthday in about a year making me five.”

Logie then told them of the med pod and giving her the abilities to do high math and physics along with several languages including Asgard and Goa’uld.

Sam looked surprised but went back to the basic question. “Did your Mommy call you anything else like when she was upset when you did something wrong?”

The child had a sad look in her eye them thinking of making her Mommy upset with her but she shook her head in a positive manner.

“What did she call you then?”

“Lauren Jean.”

“Well Lauren we need to get you dressed and fed don’t we?”

Sam dropped her in the bed and started tickling her, Lauren was laughing and trying to get away.

Daniel was trying to explain what had been said while Jack went over to help get the little girl dressed. Jack turned to Logie telling him thanks for bringing Lauren to them and that he would take care of the child now.

Logie beamed back on board his ship and looked at the writing on the base of the monitors missing the child already. Logie sat back in his control chair nibbling on the brightly colored sugar coated puff balls the Earthlings called cereal in his Earth clothing. He decided that he would keep a close eye on this child, she was very special and having pockets was rather a nice thing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam found a hair brush in the pile of clothes and started brushing Lauren's hair while Jack picked out her clothing and prepared their breakfast.

Daniel came over and tried several different languages which Lauren answered fluently and easily then Sam took her into the other room for a few minuets.

Lauren came back into the room crawling up into Jack's lap. She put her little arms around his neck giving him a hug then a kiss.

“Daddy, Mommy wants to know if we're going back to see Koe. She said that you didn't get your medicine last night and Koe will be upset and that Saren needs to let her family know that she is alright.” Then she stopped to catch her breath.

Before she could start again Jack picked her up and went into the room where Sam was all smiles, she was having a hard time not laughing out loud. “You are an evil woman, you know that I couldn't resist the Daddy thing and with the hugs and kisses, it's just not fair.”

Jack was holding Lauren close and swaying her which was making her giggle, then he swung her up onto his shoulders where she squealed with delight. Sam was watching them with delight of her own at seeing Jack and the little girl playing together.

“All’s fair in love and war.”

“So I guess she is now Lauren Jean O’Neill with two ells.”

Jack gave her a smile of his own. “What ever you say, Mommy.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Teal’c went the long way to be able to pick up his staff weapon on the way out. Lauren was running everywhere in the cave looking at things which was causing Jack to wonder how it was that she had lived to be this old with all the things she was getting into.

They went into town first to let Saren’s parents know that she was alright then they went to the monastery where Koe as expected gave both Sam and Jack the riot act about worrying them by staying out all night and also for missing their medicine. Koe gave Jack and Sam the bitter brew and manipulated their aura then did the acupressure.

He smiled at Lauren and she smiled back then he scooped her up and danced around the room with the little girl causing her to giggle and laugh until he had to put her down.

Sam took her into their room and put her down for a nap while Jack tended the garden then taught his classes with the staff weapons while Teal’c watched and some times helped.

Lauren went everywhere that Sam went, when Sam went into the basement of the Sanctuary she was right there taking the screw driver when Sam wasn’t using it and trying to take something else apart. Sam gave her some of the simple things that she had already taken apart so she wouldn’t hurt herself or a piece of equipment that needed to be studied. After a while she would get tired of playing with Sam’s toys so she would get down on the floor and play with some of the toys that they had brought with them for her.

After supper that evening Jack told Koe they would be going back to the cave to study the things there but that they would be back tomorrow after noon so that he could do his duties to the monetary. Koe told him that he didn't need to do the chores that the other brothers could handle them and that the work he was doing was important. He gave Jack and Sam their treatments and some of the brew to take with them but he did warn them to not forget and to have Kell do the other parts of the treatments at least once a day.

When they got back to the cave Sam noticed that she was getting a strange feeling when she went near some of the equipment, it was just a kind of tingling in the back of her mind. When she told Jack he said that the equipment was trying to talk to her and that she would be able to understand it soon. Then he told her that the device she had been working on had told him there was a part that needed to be replaced in it. He gave Sam a piece of paper with some strange writing on it telling her to go to the locker in the second level with these markings on the door and to get the replacement board then install it.

“Are you telling me this machine told you what it needed and where it was located so that it could be repaired?” Jack just smiled and nodded his affirmation.

Sam took Lauren to the second level where she helped Sam find the proper door and then to locate the crystal chip board to repair the machine. Once she had installed the new board the equipment came to life and she had a feeling that it was happy to be working properly again.

Sam had decided to work her way around the room at the top then the next level down and so on till he got to the Ship at the bottom level which took up the entire level all by itself. It was a very big ship to say the least.

By the end of the evening Sam was starting to get some of what the machines were saying but it was coming in fragmented and somewhat distorted still. She was able to understand it like it was English but it wasn’t English that she was hearing.

Jack had taken Lauren to bed where she insisted that he lay down with her to tell her a story. Jack had told Charlie enough stories that he had them pretty well memorized even after such a long time. He didn't want to tell her about Goldie Locks and the three bears because that might frighten her and he didn't want to explain what a bear was to the four year old. So he settled on Jack and the beanstock, which soon had both of them asleep. When Sam came in she found that Lauren had snuggled up into Jack's arms making both of them look so at ease and peaceful, Sam did wake him to get him into her bed so that she could cuddle him herself.

The next morning they found they had company during the night with Lauren between them in the small bed. Lauren woke to having Jack and Sam on either side of her both facing each other with her in the middle. She felt so secure and loved that she didn't want to move. Soon her little hands couldn't be still any longer so she started to play with Sam’s hair which was getting longer, it was down to her shoulders now but it hadn't turned dark like Jack’s hair did. Lauren watched as Sam’s eyes slowly opened and they smiled at each other.

“Good morning Sweet Pea did you sleep good last night?”

Lauren nodded her head that she had giving Sam a kiss and hug then bouncing out of bed ready to start her day.

Sam needed to go to the Stargate to get some supplies that were needed and of course Lauren wouldn't have let her go without taking her along. Jack was needed to come along to make sure his new family were going to be okay. Teal’c had gone with Sam, Jack and Lauren to get the supplies leaving Daniel with Saren to try and translate some to the log entries they had been able to bring up.

Saren was better at reading them than Daniel was so she translated with a lot of help from him saying the words in English which was a good way for her to learn English anyway. According to the logs the advanced race was tired of roaming the galaxy. When they found this beautiful planet they decided to settle down here and lead the simple life of just farming and raising their families in peace. Over the years there were less and less people that knew about the first settlers until it was as if they didn't exist anymore. The last entry was five hundred years ago.

Saren was rather upset that her family was thrown back into the stone age from such a great society that could have built this huge ship that was setting on the floor five stories below. Now it was so far beyond them they couldn't use if they had to. Jack could use the devices though and maybe he would be able to show her how to use them in time. She knew that Sam was starting to be able to use some of the things but not much of it was doing anything for her.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam sent off her request for supplies to the SGC which were being gathered to be sent back through while they waited in the shade of a large tree watching Lauren play in the grass with her teddy bear.

It was a warm but not unpleasant day and Sam soon found herself leaning into Jack's arms while she napped. Jack quietly woke her to hear Lauren explain a complex mathematical equation to the bear. To Sam’s amazement although Logie had said that he had placed the knowledge in her mind she was correct in what she was trying to teach the stuffed bear.

Jack quietly took the 45 cal. Pistol out of his right holster and pulled the hammer of the already chambered round then he laid it on the ground next to his leg. Sam did the same with the pistol on his left holster laying it down in the grass next to where she was laying.

Ka’tin knew that this wasn't the time to try and take the gate by force although he had considered taking the child and using her to get them to open the Chapa'i so he could leave. He saw their movements with their weapons even though he had not come into sight of them they had noticed him while he was laying in the bush watching.

Ka’tin needed some Jaffa and there was only one on this planet and he was useless. He was in the back room of a store and he could not break out by himself. Maybe they had him drugged on in a cage but it didn't matter he needed more than one Jaffa anyway. He left as quietly as he came.

Sam and Jack lowered the hammers on the pistols then holstered them after Ka’tin left. Lauren was playing in the grass still yet with her teddy bear having a good time in the sun.

Romeo the bigger of the two German Shepard’s that had come through with Jimmy was lying beside Lauren in the grass enjoying the company of the little girl and basking in the sun. He now had a new favorite person that surpassed even the guard that always brought dog treats with him to work just for him. Lauren gave him another hug then laid back against his side like he was a big pillow but he was in doggy heaven with this child.

He had seen the man by the bush and was alert to him but he knew that he was no danger at this time to any of his people. His big brown eye had watched as the older two had taken out their weapons and knew they had known that he was there also. When the man left Romeo just relaxed again as the little girl fell asleep on his side. To him there was nothing like having a human puppy to play with and protect, this was his baby now.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

General Hammond was used to getting unusual request for off world teams but this was not the normal request, five cases of pancake syrup, hair conditioner, shampoo(Sam’s brand of shampoo) and shampoo for the men, perfume, hair brushes tooth brushes and tooth past one case of each, and the list went on and on.

General Hammond just signed off on the request, SG1 had fulfilled their objective and would not be able to come home for a while he would send them anything they wanted. He was very happy to hear that Jack was going to be alright. The one thing he was having trouble with on the list was the cases of poker chips and cards.

When SG1 gets back there was going to be a very long debriefing and he was going to have to do some creative writing with his reports ---- again, because of his favorite team.

He had a very big problem of his CMO Dr. Janet Frasier, she was throwing a tantrum about not being able to go see her daughter and to check on Jack O’Neill while he most likely has a cure for cancer. From the reports that she had read there were a number of medical breakthroughs waiting on someone testing them out on Earth because they are working where Jack was at already.

The medical staff knew when it was time to make themselves disappear, if the little Dr. came in the door throwing things they would have bailed out the windows of there were any that far underground.

Janet had tried everything including telling the General that it was time for a whole new series of vaccinations that he was do for all with the very large needles. He turned pale but still said no to her request to go off world to see Cassy and Jack to make sure they were alright.

Janet was called to the control room ten minuets later. When she got there she had a message that the shipment of supplies were going out to the planet that Cassy was on with some of it contained important medical supplies. The medical supplies should be monitored to make sure they arrived safely and they would need a volunteer from the medical staff preferably a Doctor to check the status on arrival. The General was just grinning at her.

“I understand that with these medical supplies and equipment it might take several days to ascertain their stability and to calibrate so if you could get your things together and get to the gate room.”

Janet had the overwhelming desire to hit him or hug him but refrained from doing either. She gave him a salute with a “Yes Sir” then went to started packing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The message came that Janet Frasier was coming through the gate. Teal’c took one of the bikes to get Cassy so she could be there when her mother came through. This was great for all concerned but Jack was getting a little worried that he was getting too many people that needed to be protected.

He was going to need to take everybody to the cave to keep them safe. Romeo let out a low growl just before the gate started to spin. The shields were in place, if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be coming through they would be stuck in a box. Once the wormhole was established the proper codes were given and the shield was lowered to allow the supplies and personal to come through.

The good doctor was the first through the gate squealing as she grabbed Cassandra in a hug that only a mother could give.

Laura and Romeo were over by Jack and Sam with Laura hiding behind Jack’s leg. He bent down to pick her up while Romeo was checking out the new arrivals but he already knew the Doctor and there were no dog treats on the boxes so he went back over and laid down by Jack’s feet so he could be close to his human.

Sam went over to hug Janet and to introduce Laura which she had not seen yet but she had heard stories about how she stole the General's heart in a matter of seconds and now Janet could see why.

The supplies were loaded onto the carts that were behind the motorcycles taking most of the cards,syrup and poker chips to the monastery while the rest went to the caves with them.

When it was time to take all of the supplies into the cave Sam was in deep thought. “Jack, I haven't seen any other doors into the cave complex and there is only that six foot opening at the top of the cave. How did the ship get in the cave, and all of that equipment, we’re missing something here.”

Jack was checking the outside of the cave and he checked the lower levels from above and she was right, there were no other openings. It wouldn't have made any sense to build a ship in an area that it couldn't be launched from so they had to have a way to get it in and out.

For the time being they had a bunch of happy little talking machines to fix so they would be able to do whatever they were supposed to do. The main thing Sam wanted to do was to find out how they worked. This was a level of artificial intelligence they have not seen before.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ka’tin had finally decided on the best course of action to get himself off this planet. He started the long journey to the next town that was not so friendly with the locals. He would recruit an army there that would be able to take the gate by force. His first stop was to get the Jaffa that was setting on his lazy butt in a cell eating and having a great time while he was out here trying to find a way off this planet. If the Jaffa was totally useless then he would just kill him right there on the spot and save time.

Ka’tin was in the shop opening the door when he got a rather large surprise. When he opened the locked door the occupant was not a Jaffa but a Goa’uld.

“It’s about time you finally broke me out of this prison Ashrack. I have been in here for weeks without any of the things I need.”

Ka’tin was shocked and showed it on his face. “I don't understand.”

“Surely you would have known that I matured while in this prison and took over the body of this Jaffa, I am Go’gin and I am about to take over this planet so that I can enslave all or kill those that resist me.”

It was apparent that this Goa’uld was of a much higher status than he was so Ka’tin relented to Go’gin as the leader of this new army of two. Ka’tin told him of what he had learned and what he was planning to do before he had entered the room.

The Tok'ra was thinking fast to cover all his bases and to fool the Ashrack into thinking that he was Goa’uld.

Ka’tin was not happy to have to leave his new ship with another Goa’uld so he was going to need to dispose of this one as soon as possible. In the mean time he would need to act subservient to this pompous windbag until the time was right.

“We will need to go to the next town that is not on good terms with this one in order to raise and army that will be able to take the Chapa’i by force. We should leave now.”

“Very well, lead the way Ashrack.” Go’gin spat the word like it was distasteful to him to even have it in his mouth. If he was going to have to act like a Goa’uld he would need to talk down to all that were supposed to be beneath him which was everybody.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Lauren stayed right on Jack's lap while Janet ran every test she could think of on him while he was so far away from her main diagnostic equipment at the base. She had to admit that he was strong, tanned and there was not an ounce of fat on his well muscled body. She had to admit she really did enjoy giving him his physicals (she was only human and he was a good looking man after all.)

She did an analysis of the broth that was going along with the blood samples back to Earth for further study.

Then she did an examination of Laura which the little girl didn't care much for but as long as her Daddy was there she did what she was told to do.

Romeo was right there also not moving from her side and checking everything the doctor was doing. Lauren was getting a little aggravated at all the things the Doctor was doing. Romeo was able to sense this and gently put his teeth on Janet’s belt then easily but gently pulled her back away from the child. He maneuvered his way between her and his human child to protect her without making any threatening moves.

Jack couldn't help but laugh at the small Doctor trying every way possible to get around the big dog and failing. Janet was getting upset so Jack had to order the dog to come and set. Romeo didn't like it but he did as he was told to do. He sat beside the bed where Janet was doing the examination putting his head next to the child for support.

Sam had walked into the room just as Romeo was pulling Janet away from Lauren and she was very impressed at the protectiveness of the big dog.

Janet was finished with Lauren and wanted to check the knife wound on Sam but when she looked there was nothing at the sight of the wound, not even a scar. Sam told her that the medicine did not form scar tissue, it made the skin grow back like nothing ever happened.

But it did have some side effects that Jack was showing and she was starting to show. Janet asked what side effects were they experiencing. Sam just looked at Jack. He held his hand out and Janet’s pen light flew out of her pocket and into his hand which was four feet away. Janet was wide eyed at the sight of someone doing telekinesis so easily.

“Okay, is there anything else happening that I should know about?”

Sam looked at Jack with a warning look. “Be careful this time we don’t want to have another accident like last time.”

Jack just nodded at her, then he looked at the trash can which burst into flames. Sam quickly put a led on the can so the fire would smother out and not smoke the place up too much.

“Okay, that is telekinesis and pyrokinesis, any thing to add to the list?”

Jack mentally projected his thoughts into her mind which had the effect of overwhelming her for a moment then she realized what he was doing. “Sam, how much of these abilities do you have so far?”

“So far all I can do is talk to some of the machines and to Jack if he's not too far away.”

“What do you mean by talk to the machines?”

“All the machines in this facility have a basic artifice intelligence which lets them tell us if something is wrong with them and they will give warning if something is not right. So far we have only worked our way around about a third of the upper deck going down to the ship on the lowest floor.”

Sam looked inquisitively at Janet and asked what Jack had mentally sent to her. “He just said he was there in my mind then he sent a sample of the warmth and love he has for his baby girl.”

Jack felt Lauren tense up and Romeo gave a little whine and tried to hide under the bed which was too short for that to work. Lauren’s anger was unleashed at the Doctor with the heated passion of a four year old.

“I am not a baby, a baby drinks from a bottle and poops their pants. I do not do that any more, I am a big girl, not a baby!”

Now that the Doctor was well put in her place she buried her head in Jack's shoulder so she wouldn't have to look at the source of her anger any longer.

Janet walked over and put her hand gently on Lauren's back. “I’m sorry Lauren, I didn't mean to call you a baby, I know you're a big girl so can we be friends, please?”

Lauren shook her head to affirm that she wanted to be friends but she didn't look at Janet. She was still mad at her but not as mad as she was.

Sam came over to get Lauren from Jack. “Come on sweetheart, lets get you some lunch and then you need to take a nap.”


Janet went to check on Cassy while Jack was checking out the rest of the crew area which hadn't been fully explored yet.

Saren and Daniel helped Sam get lunch ready while Teal’c played with Lauren to keep her busy and because he really enjoyed being with this child. Romeo was right by her side the whole time.

Jimmy and the other dog went with Jack to do a little exploring. They found several store rooms with odd things in them that they couldn't figure out what they were yet but Jack knew that it would come to him or Sam soon. At the back of the store room area Jimmy found an open area that looked like a loading dock but there were no doors to the outside other than the store room doors at the other end of the room. He called Jack over to where he was to asked him about the strange platform area. It was rather big and the doors at the end of the room were large like it was built to let oversize objects to go through. When Jack came into that area it felt strange, not bad, just different.
He walked up onto the platform when he was mentally asked where he wanted to go. He was thinking about Koe playing cards.

Jimmy watched as Jack and Buddy (The other German Shepard) just disappeared like some one moved a mirror in front of them. There was no bright flash of light and no transporter rings, it just looked like they were erased.

Jack found he was standing in the monastery in the dinning room watching Koe play cards with one of the other brothers. Buddy was standing right beside him. Now Jack was beginning to get the idea about how things were moved into and out of the base. He gave his greetings to Koe and the others then asked to be sent to the Stargate. To the surprise of the guards he appeared next to the DHD looked around and smiled at them. “I just popped in to see how things were going here, you guys doing okay?”

They just nodded and he transported out again back to the base where he found Jimmy looking rather worried.

Jack hurried out of the room to get Sam and tell her what had happened and to see if she could make it work. Sam was just putting the plate in front of Lauren when Jack rushed into the room telling her that he had found the transporter.

Sam told him that he needed to eat before he could go out and play any more but Jack was too excited to eat. Sam pointed to the chair and told him to set down while Saren did the same thing to Daniel. She imitated Sam perfectly telling Daniel to set and eat.

Janet had never see anything like this with SG1 but she also noticed that Jack and Daniel both sat down and started eating like they were told to do. Janet looked over at Cassy and she seamed to take it as an everyday thing with the group. It took Janet a moment to think about what Jack had said before it really registered on her conscience mind that he and Daniel had both said “Yes Ma'am.”

She was going to need to get Cassy or Sam to tell her what was going on later. Jack quickly ate and waited for Sam to finish. While she was finishing he took Lauren to bed and tucked her in then asked Cassy of she would watch her for a little while.

Jack took Sam and Janet to the storeroom and up on the platform. He told Sam to think about someplace in town or at the barn or any where she wanted to go that she could think of that was near by. Sam thought about the ally next to the black smith shop and suddenly they were there. She did a little dance of happiness and grabbed Jack in a hug then she gave him a kiss.

Janet was standing next to them with her eyebrow about to flip over the top of her head. “Excuse me guys, is there something that you haven’t told me yet?”

Sam looked a little embarrassed then she told Janet that they were married a while back. Daniel and Saren were also married but they all want to keep it quiet for a while even though they didn't break any of the non fraternization regulations since he was not her CO at the time.

Sam took them to the barn and to the river where Jack did the fishing then back to the base. “Okay so I guess that we are the only two that can use the transporter then?”

“Yea, nobody else can tell it where to take them or ask it to take them back but we can take anybody with us that we want.”

“Jack, see if it can bring someone here that we want to see,”

Jack nodded his head telling Sam that he would do what she ask, Koe appeared on the platform beside them looking a little surprised. Jack used his language to apologize to the senior monk and thanked him for helping them figure something out then he sent him back. Jack got the mental picture of Koe reappearing in his room safe and sound. The older monk just shook his head and got ready to take his nap.

“Now try something that is inanimate, send one of those empty boxes to the field and then bring it back.” The box disappeared without any fanfare, it was gone for a while then it was back.

“Where are the controls for this and the machine that does the transporting?”

Jack gave her a weary smile, “No you are not taking it apart to see what makes it tick, this is too important to be dissected. I'll see if it has a blueprint or computer sciatic that I can find so you can see how it works.”

She gave him another hug and a kiss, “Thanks babe' I’m glad that you understand me so well.”

Janet just shook her head at the two. While your sending things hear and there I need those blood and chemical samples sent to the SGC, could you do that for me please.”

Jack just vanished to them but he reappeared at the Stargate with the requested things to be sent off. He dialed Earth and gave the proper codes then sent the things through while waiting for the things he had requested to come back through.

Just a short while later he got the box with all the baseball equipment, a couple of foot balls and some soccer balls. It was time to have some fun with the local kids.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Go’gin did his job complaining every step of the way about the primitive conditions of this planet and actually having to walk to a destination. He should be transported or carried by a team of slaves at the least, but this was beyond horrible and his feet were starting to hurt. All that in the first quarter of a mile. Then he started in on the clothes that he was having to ware and how they were starting to chafe him.

Ka’tin was ready to kill him right them but decided that he could do this another way and save them both a problem.

“Go’gin if you would like, I can take care of this gathering of troops myself, if you want to go back to the shop into the room where it is cooler and they do have fair food as you said. Or you can go with me and not eat while sleeping on the hard ground so that we may serve Lord Ba’al.”

It didn't take Go’gin but a second to reply. “I will wait at the store for your return with an army to crush these low creatures.”

Ka’tin just smiled and watched as Go’gin walked off back toward the town. He was going to enjoy killing him when the time came.

Go’gin made sure that Ka’tin went off in the opposite direction then went to tell the store owner that he would need to speak to the Tau’ri about the coming attack that was being planed.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Kell had been at the Stargate when Jack popped in and he had just been relieved of duty so he asked if Jack would take him back to the base. Kell thought it was really great, they could move the distance they had in the blink of an eye.

When they got back to the main living area Sam had Saren and Daniel with her working on the equipment on the top level. Sam asked Jack what some of the equipment did and to turn on some of the equipment that she couldn't turn on herself.

Janet Frasier spotted the new man right away, he was younger than Jack but not a kid by any means he was about thirty or so with a dark tan from working out in the sun. He had been doing guard duty so all he had been wearing was the short work pants which showed off his strong build and flat stomach.

Janet was drooling, she wanted to get him in the room for a full physical right away making her think the terms like Cough for me have a new meaning.

When she looked at Jack he was beat red with embarrassment. Then she saw Sam was also red and giggling but that Kell was not understanding any of what was going on. Jack had picked up on her thoughts and transmitted them mentally to Sam.

Janet just turned as red as the other two and covered her face as she left the room smiling at being caught thinking the thoughts that they all had, she was only human after all. Sam made a mental note to herself to make sure that Janet and Kell got some time alone later where she might be able to make sure he was as healthy as she thought he was. Then she snickered as she said to Jack with a smile, “Cough for me baby?”

Kell just gave them a perplexed look as he didn't know what was going on and his English was not that good. The group just left the area looking for Lauren, she should had woken from her nap by now. When they found them Cassy was watching her play ball with Romeo, it was really a kind of three was catch thing where Romeo would bring the ball to Lauren and Lauren would give the ball to Cassandra who would throw the ball so that Romeo could run after it and bring it back to Lauren.

General Hammond had sent something else through the Stargate that Jack had not ask for but was very happy to see. It was a small bicycle with training wheels and a helmet. His grand daughters had gotten new bikes so it was just sitting in the garage but it was in good shape.

Jack waited for the game to end then he went into the other room to bring out the new toy. Lauren didn't know what this thing was that her Daddy had but it looked like it was way to small for him to do anything with and it was pink with strings coming off the handles.

Jack put her on the bike then explained how to push on the peddles to make it go and how to turn the bike. Then he thought of something else that the other Earth kids didn't have. He put a force field around the bike that would keep her from hitting things like walls and people that got in her way then told her that the bike could only be used in the big storeroom on this level and the bike would not go out the door now. He went into the storeroom to watch his daughter play along with Sam and Cassy.

When Jack asked what Daniel was doing Cassy said that he and Saren were locked in their room again and her Mom was trying to figure out what the medical equipment did. Jack left them to watch Lauren while he went to see if he could help Janet with the medical equipment, he hadn't been in that room yet. Janet was lying down on one of the scanner beds wondering what it did when Jack walked in.

He asked what the bed did and it told him so he turned it on which gave a three dimensional image of her body starting with the skeletal structure which she turned over to see. The image stayed the same even as she moved around.

She got up and told Jack to lay down on the table, she wanted to see this on him. She had him bring up images of his body that he didn't want to see so he closed his eyes while she was finding this very fascinating.

She could see the blood flowing through his body and watch his internal organs as they were working. She then asked to see the inside of his veins which was magnified at whichever point she touched showing her what the inside of that vein looked like without the blood flow.

She asked Jack if it could remove things that she touched and he told her how to do that. She could do microsurgery without opening his body, it was done with this machine and it was so simple.

She checked his brain patterns which showed an elevated amount of activity in some areas but she had expected that. She went down to his appendix and saw that it had not grown back but the scar from where it was removed was being absorbed and being replaced with healthy skin and muscle. She knew that he had several burns and scars from staff blasts and checked them to find they also were almost halfway gone already.

This was all great but Jack was getting board with lying on the table while the doc messed around with his internal parts. He got up off the table, the image froze and she couldn't do anything with it except look at it after he got up. She put her hand in the image like she did before but it would just pass through without doing anything. She wanted more so she ask what the next device did.

It was a rather comfortable looking chair so he sat down and turned it on which brought a screen with symbols on it that she couldn't understand. She told him that she couldn't understand what this meant then he concentrated for a short while and the symbols changed to English telling her that this was giving her the blood chemicals in his body at that moment and it had a place that would record the data for later use and comparisons.

His looked to be in perfect order, she asked to set down so that she could see what it would show on her. The equipment showed that she was a little anemic and her electrolytes were off. She moved the red arrow to where it was supposed to be on both and instantly felt better.

Jack told her that he was getting the impression that this was not the medical facility. This was a learning lab so students could learn about the human body to practice medicine more affectively and to learn the inside of the body better. This wasn't the good stuff he said.

Janet was so excited about what she had already seen that she didn't care, it was well past what she was having to do to keep her patients healthy.

Kell had wandered into the lab where Jack and Janet were, she grabbed him telling him to lay down on the table so she could check him and compare him with Jack.

He didn't understand what she was going to do but he did as he was asked. When he saw his internal organs displayed in a three dimensional hologram next to where he was lying he turned a little green then closed his eyes just like Jack had done.

Janet was having the time of her life working with this equipment, when Jack asked her about it she told him that it was like him finding a new weapon that made a really big explosion and had free rain to play with it as much as he wanted.

Jack went out to get them both something to eat and drink, Kell was going to be on that table for a long time while Janet played with his insides. When he got back Janet had pulled up a tall chair and was setting down while she was doing something to Kell that he did not understand. Jack set the food and drinks down close to the two on a table then he left to see what Sam and Lauren were doing now.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sam was out in the main cave again with Lauren who was helping her work on some of the equipment. Sam was getting better at talking to the machines and understanding them every day.

She was still having a hard time thinking about a machine that had emotions like happiness when they were working properly and a definite sadness when they were not able to do their job. So far she had half the upper deck ready to do a little machine dance of joy to be working after being broken for so long. Some of them just had to be turned on again where they had shut themselves off after so long of a time of not being used.

One of the machines needed more power to be turned on, it was a real power hog so Sam was a little worried about what it did. She was wishing that Jack was there with her so she could have him ask the machine what its purpose was then he appeared wet and naked beside her with a bar of soap in his hand and a washcloth in the other hand. He quickly covered himself so that his daughter couldn't see him then he ran back to the showers. Romeo thought that this was a great game of chase and followed Jack to see what all the excitement was. Lauren was giggling which made Sam laugh at what had just happened, she was going to need to watch what she wanted so that this didn't happen again.

Janet, Daniel and Saren were walking down the hall when Jack and Romeo came streaking by which caused all the girls to start laughing while Daniel was turning a bright shade of red but he was smiling also.

Jack had been beamed on board Thor’s ship several times in the same condition but this was the first time he had been transported in front of a group of women. He finished his shower and got dressed so he could go see what Sam had wanted. Sam apologized for transporting him out of the shower then asked him what this machine did.

Jack looked it over then told her that it was a very large shield generator that would cover the entire planet but it had several bad chips that were not in storage and would need to be made in order to bring it online. That excited Sam even more than the prospect of having a planet wide shield. “So what do we need to do to make the crystal chips.”

“It said we need to put in some blank chips in one of the machines on the third level down so it can make the chip sets that it needs but that machine is also not working at this time.”

Jack took her pad and pen so he could write down what chip blanks she needed and where they were. While Sam and Lauren were finding that Jack went down to the third level to see if he could fine the proper machine so he could try and fix it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Go'gin went to the store where he had been housed for the last several weeks letting the store owner know that he needed to speak to Colonel O'Neill as soon as possible about a matter of the most importance. The store owner sent her son to the the cloister to let them know that O'Neill was needed. The boy ran all the way to give the message to Koe.

Koe used the radio Jack had given him to contact them if there was a problem. Jack was there in a couple of seconds to get the news. Jack took the boy and transported to the store which gave the boy a frightened look for a second then he got very excited at what he had just happened. He ran off to tell the other children while Jack talked to the Tok'ra.

Jack got all the information then transported them to the Stargate where he transported in Romeo. Jack extended the shield around them all the way past the DHD then told Romeo to search. When Jack was sure the Ashrack was not in the force field with them he unlocked the DHD sending the Tok'ra to a neutral planet so he could gate to the Tok'ra base without giving away the address. Jack knew that he would go to several other planets gating out quickly so he could not be followed.
Jack told the guards at the gate to be careful the Ashrack was going to try to get help to take the gate by force. He was going to need to increase the security and have the people of the town watch for unusual activity around the farms and outer areas. He transported back to the base telling the others to keep their weapons ready.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ka'tin went to the town going to the local bar where he just listened to the people of the town talking. He found several men that were not happy that they were not able to prosper like the village with the monks and that it was not fair. They had the best crops and water that was pumped right into their buildings and houses. Plus they weren't letting people come into the town and build their own buildings inside the town if they were wanting to start a business. They had to use the buildings that were already built or use the local carpenters and tradesmen to do the building to match their standards.

Some of the other men were telling them that they could learn from them and that several of the local farmers were already using the things that the monks had taught the people there and they were growing larger better healthier crops and livestock. The buildings were of better quality than any of the local shops with strait streets and everything was clean. The town even smelled better than their town. The grumbling increased to the point that the men that were trying to tell them they were the ones that were the problem decided it was best to leave and get the local authorities to take care of the near riot that was now being fueled on by a stranger they had never seen before tonight.

Ka'tin was able to whip the men into a frenzy easily enough to recruit them into a mob that he was leading. He took them out of the area so the men that had left could not interfere with his plans. The march to the next town was long and the men started sobering up where he lost several who came to understand that they were the one's in the wrong. Most went back home where they belonged to start learning the things that the monks were teaching to make improvements in their lives. It was not right to knock down the people that were doing the things to make everyones lives better.

Ka'tin was left with four men that were not at all happy about the conditions they were in and didn't like the fact that the monks were doing things that nobody else knew how to do so they must have been holding out on them and trying to keep them in the dark.

It didn't make any sense but the stranger was saying they were holding the people down on purpose to keep their hold over them. Ka'tin was doing everything he could to keep the anger going with this group of men so they could be of some use while he was trying to gather the people he needed and take the gate.

He was going to have a hard time doing that with the group of misfits when a large group of Jaffa was taken out so easily when he first arrived which was done mostly by two men, the Tau'ri and one of the monks. Now he had all of SG1 to contend with as well as all of the monks they have trained to fight.

Ka'tin was telling the men that the monks were training to take their town by force so they could make them do what ever they wanted basically enslave their town. That got the men fired up and ready to fight so that the evil monks couldn't make their families into slaves.

He was going to need to get some weapons so he went into the town late the next day so he could find the things that he needed. The first thing he did was to go into the blacksmiths shop and take some of the sword sets that were being stored there. He was also lucky enough to fine a staff weapon in the locked room.

He strapped on the weapons set which had the strange whips but he didn't know how to use them, he tried for a while to learn them. He had seen what the whips could do on the receiving end but it was too hard to control them so he just reattached them and left them alone.

He took a stack of the longer swords to give to the others. He would take more of the staff weapons as he got the chance but this would let him train the men so they would be able to shoot something anyway.

He went to the Chapa'i taking out the guards there but he kept them alive for information and to use as hostages if he needed. He bound them after checking them throughly making sure they would not escape like the two women had.

They waited until the the next group of guards came along and took their weapons also. It was a little harder to do this time because one of the monks was with them this time and he was able to injure two of his men with a standard wooden staff before Ka'tin was able to take him down. Ka'tin waited for him to regain consciousness then started questioning him for what information he could get. He found out that Jack O'Neill and the blond female could vanish out of a room or make someone else disappear or appear.

The monk also told them that O'Neill was said to be able to set things on fire with only his mind and he could read a persons thoughts. Ka'tin knew there was technology on this planet that could explain the ability to transport things although he didn't know how it was done.

He had only had experience with the ring transporters but he had heard of the Asgard beaming technology. The rest he put up to hero worship with the locals making up stories.

The monk finally lost consciousness so Ka'tin pushed him away roughly telling the others to keep him tied to a tree so he could question him more later. Besides he could always let Lord Ba'al question him later which would give his employer great pleasure.

The monk had said the others were not in the area and he had not seen anything of the rest of them for weeks now, only the blond woman and O'Neill. Ka'tin needed to blond woman from SG1 so that she could get this shield off of the Chapa'i but how was he going to get her in a position where he could capture her.

He was thinking that the best way to get SG1 out into the open was to take the monastery itself which is what he did. They waited until night was almost over at about two hours before daybreak, he went into the monastery by himself leaving the other men to guard the Chapa'i and the prisoners.

Koe had contacted Jack when the guards at the Stargate did not come back after their shift was over. He had sent two men into the town to see if the local people had come back from their shift and got word that the blacksmith's shop had been broken into with the weapons missing.


Sam and Daniel were checking out the inside of the building when a shadow came to life taking out Daniel with a swift clip to the head then he punched Sam knocking both of them out in a matter of seconds.

He took their vest off removing things he needed to do the job that he had in mind. Another of the classes the Goa'uld taught was the use of the Tau'ri weapons. They had holograph images of their weapons in use and Ka'tin was very interested in the explosives call C4 which SG1 was using on a regular basis, wreaking havoc on the Jaffa that would be following them or destroying temples and ships with what seamed like ease.

Ka'tin went from room to room gathering people until he had everybody. The large beams in the sanctuary were perfect for what he wanted. He gathered all the rope he could find then started taking cord which he used to tie hands and feet while standing people on a large table with nooses around their necks and the C4 attached to every other person with the detonator set on a dead mans switch.

Jack and Teal'c were checking out the town while Daniel and Sam were at the monastery checking things there. It was almost light when Jack and Teal'c were coming back to the cloister. They noticed the guard that was supposed to be at the front gate was missing.

When Jack and Teal'c walked into the sanctuary there was a flash of movement that Teal'c tried to avoid but he was hit hard with the end of a staff weapon which was spun back in Jack's direction.

Sam was watching but she was helpless to do anything about it, if she transported anybody out they would be blown to pieces before they would be able to dematerialize killing everybody in the room.

Teal'c was unable to avoid the blow that hit him in the head knocking him out for the rest of the fight laying him next to Kell on the floor. Kell was in a mess where the Ashrack had beaten him severely, she didn't think he had broken any bones but he was pretty badly injured.

Jack's practice with the Katana came in very handy at that moment, he had the weapon out in an instant blocking the staff weapon and cutting it in half making it useless for anything except a club. Ka'tin threw the halves at Jack while drawing his own long sword.

Ka'tin drew two of the throwing knives quickly and tried to end the fight but Jack was able to deflect them then he attacked Ka'tin driving him to the wall smoothly and easily. Ka'tin was backing into the table that had all of the monks, Sam and Daniel when Jack saw the dead mans switch and the C4.

Now he knew why Sam hadn't just transported them out and what Ka'tin was doing, he was working his way over to the table where he could use the people there as a shield or take out everybody including himself if he needed to.

Jack worked his way around him so he couldn't do harm to his friends which didn't make Ka'tin very happy at all. Jack was concentrating so hard on the fight that he couldn't use any of his other powers while defending himself and protecting the others.

Kell was groaning while trying to set up and trying to figure out what was happening around him. Jack feinted high then did a low sweeping strike that caught Ka'tin at the ankle cutting the limb off then he came up stabbing him in the heart with a move that was so quick Sam almost missed it.

Kell was staring at Ka'tin as he fell and Jack was about to slice off Ka'tin's head with the final stroke. The symbiote took its only chance changing host in a flash as the blade descended finishing off Ka'tin's former host causing the head to roll across the floor.

Kell jumped up and ran out of the room. Jack thought it was because of seeing a head bing chopped off only a foot and a half away but Sam had seen what had happened. She had been gaged so she couldn't tell him what had happened until she caught his mind. It was racing with what had just happened and he was still in a battle rage.

She did everything to calm him so he could get them out of the very dangerous situation they were in and then to do what they could to save Kell if they could find him.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ba'al hadn't heard anything from two different sets of Jaffa sent to a backwater farming community weeks ago. He had even sent an Ashrack to the planet to make sure he could get a few host without any trouble this time. It wasn't possible for a backward planet with primitive weapons to resist a troop of fully trained Jaffa and with a trained killer like an Ashrack along.

He had tried to go to the planet and found that the Chapa'i would not engage like it was being blocked. It wasn't a high priority, it was only a couple of Jaffa and he had plenty but it was disturbing that he had lost so many in such a short amount of time.

He wasn't going to do much but he would send a cargo ship to the planet. Ba'al told the Jaffa when he got there to do a search from the cloaked ship looking for Jaffa or Goa'uld and to ring them on board.

He was to question them and then kill them for their incompetence. Ba'al would not have an Ashrack in his employment that couldn't handle a small assignment like this without bungling it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Kell/Ka'tin ran from the building blindly while he was trying to takeover this new host. Ka'tin was just wanting to gain full control as quickly as possible. Kell was fighting him as hard as he could but he didn't know what was going on. Jack had never told him much about how the Goa'uld controlled their host.

At first he had a great deal of pain but that faded to something that was dominating his thoughts and pushing him down into a cold black area that had no walls, ceiling or floors, it was just empty of everything, there was no light or sound. Ka'tin had control now and he was pleased with this body, it was strong and he was able to heal it quickly.

Some of the knowledge of this host was was handy to have, he knew how to use the swords that he was carrying now in the harness and the whips were nothing for him to use now. He took them out at a grove of trees using the memory of what Jack had done and destroyed them quickly. He also knew what it was like to kill with them having the memory of the groups of Jaffa.

Kell was working hard to gain some sense of direction when he started getting thoughts that were not his and glimpses of things that he could not control much, but he could get a small amount of control if the thing that was controlling him was not paying attention.

He couldn't do much but he could influence this thing to a small degree, but only by making it think that it was the one getting the idea to do something.

Kell was able to gain some of the memories of this thing and he did not like what he saw at all. This was a vile creature that did nothing but kill and it really liked doing that. Kell suddenly saw one of the monks tied to a tree where he had been beaten and broken and Kell knew that this vile thing that was in him had done it.

He turned to the men that were standing guard and brought up a rage that could not be quenched by anything except blood causing the creature to kill them while it screamed that they were useless.

He cut the prisoners loose with a suggestion that they were not worth killing and of no use to him.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack disarmed the trigger and removed the detonators from the explosives then he took of the ropes and got them off the table. Sam hadn't been able to tell Jack what had happened to his friend. Koe was the one to tell him that the devil was not dead and its spirit had jumped into Brother Kell.

Jack was devastated at the news that he had not killed the Ashrack and now things were really complicated with Kell being taken as a host. Jack sat down to concentrate, he was calling to Kell.

Kell could hear Jack calling him but he wasn't able to answer. It was good to hear Jack and know that he had hope. Jack was telling him that he would find him if it was the last thing he was able to do and he would get him back.

Jack transported to Kell's location where the Ashrack drew his sword with Jack doing the same. Kell was able to let Jack know that he was there but that he couldn't control this thing. Jack let him know that he would do his best to take the thing alive but if he had to it would be better to die than to live like this. Kell agreed.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Jaffa was scanning the planet that his master had told him to check for signs of Goa'uld where he found only one. He activated the ring transporter with his zat ready.

Jack watched as the ring transporter descended and a cloaked cargo ship materialized just as it took off at a high rate of speed. Jack knew better than to transport onto an unknown Goa'uld cargo ship with an unknown amount of Jaffa on board but he was about to do just that when Sam appeared beside him stopping him.

“Jack, if you do transport to that ship you will be fighting an Ashrack and several Jaffa all at the same time. You have a family here and we can always look for Kell later; its just too dangerous when Lauren and I need you.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


The Jaffa put the ship on autopilot then took his zat into the cargo hold where the ring transporter was to see the Ashrack with his sword drawn and a very perplexed look on his face.

The Jaffa held the zat on the Ashrack while giving an evil smirk, it wasn't everyday that a Jaffa got the drop on an Ashrack. “Lord Ba'al sends his greetings and asks why you failed, before you die.”

Ka'tin didn't hesitate, the the blade flashed forward taking the hand off, falling to the floor along with the zat. The Jaffa screamed just before Ka'tin knocked him out. He put a tourniquet on on the arm to keep him from bleeding to death.

He turned the ship to a course for a different planet, one that he came from that was a neutral planet that no System Lord would dare to attack or claim because it was the home world of the Ashrack.

If an Ashrack did not have a service to preform or steady work he or she could go there and it was a place that all Ashrack went when they had enough money to hang up their weapons but very few ever did. It was too hard to stop doing the job that they loved so much and the thrill of the hunt was sometimes overpowering.

The Jaffa finally came too with a few good slaps from Ka'tin. “Why did Ba'al want to have me killed?”

“He gave you a simple mission and you failed him, he said to find out why you failed and then to kill you, that is all.”

Ka'tin had no reason to disbelieve him so he shot him three times with the zat disintegrating him before he resumed his seat at the controls. Kell was upset that he had killed an prisoner in such a cold manor but then he didn't have a choice, it was not him that was doing these things, it was the devil that was controlling him.

Kell slipped back into his safe room of darkness where he could block out the thoughts of this thing that had control of his body. 'Hurry Jack, Please!'

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Jack and Sam transported back to the base where he started working on the machine that produced the crystal chips that make the other machines work. He was able to get it going after an hour of frustration, he was very upset that he had lost Kell and he was unable to look for him yet.

Sam reasoned with him and stayed with him along with Lauren. Jack wasn't able to stay in a bad mood with Lauren and Sam doing everything they could to make it better for him, but it felt like a part of him was missing with Kell having been taken.

When the machine was repaired he put in the blanks that Sam had brought to him. The chips that were needed were put into the power hog machine which Jack new was a planet wide shield. Jack couldn't help but think that if he had been just a little bit faster with getting this machine working he would not be looking all over the universe for Kell.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Daniel and Teal'c were going to use a zat to get rid of the body of the Ashrack but Brother Koe stopped them. “The spirit of the devil is gone from this body now, his soul is free and he deserves to be buried properly. He has suffered enough in this lifetime and we will do the right thing by him now.”

Teal'c took the body out to the cemetery where the Brothers dug a grave, Daniel and Saren scrubbed all the blood off the floor of the sanctuary and cleaned up the explosives and rope. Daniel was glad that Jack had made him learn all of the ins and outs of handling C4 to the point that he could handle it comfortably and store it properly.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Janet and Cassy were concerned that Jack and the others were healthy, Janet started checking everybody out. Jack knew that some of it was concern for them while another part of it was because she had lost Kell. Nothing had happened between to two of them but Janet still cared for him as a friend and someone that she did want to get closer to. Jack knew what she was thinking but he was going to keep everything that he knew to himself.

The one thing that was bad about being able to read someone else's mind is that they could not keep a secret from you no matter how hard they tried. Jack gave Janet a hug as a friend and someone to help with the grieving that they both were going through at the time. He mentally sent her some images of the better times they had been through as friends.

To Janet it was like having a dream and watching her friends while they were just messing around in friendly companionship while fishing, sparring with the staff, doing hand to hand training and when Jack was teaching him to use the whips. She saw them laughing felt the joy of their friendship which made her smile.

Jack was a very privet person and he had shared something that was so personal that she felt privileged to be let in on his thoughts and feelings. Jack also showed her that he felt the same friendship for her and Cassy was like a daughter to him. Janet already knew about Cassie's relationship with Jack as a father figure but now she knew that he would do anything that he could as a father for her as much as he would for Lauren.

Sam was able to pick up on the thought also, Jack knew that she was there and included her in. Janet was somewhat overwhelmed with the feelings of her friends and started to cry. Jack was still holding her and Sam joined in with them.

After a moment Lauren came up asking for something to eat and she wanted a hug too. Jack picked her up and held her while Janet and Sam went to the replicator to fix something for everybody.

Jack went back to the equipment so they could finish this floor and start on the next one. The shield that would protect the entire planet was a major find for them and there was a big prize at the bottom level of this cavern, the ship that waited there.

Jack was wondering what it would be able to do, all of the equipment so far had artificial intelligence to a certain degree. Most of the equipment was support equipment for the complex except for the shield generator. Sam was interested in the power supply for all of this equipment but the machines couldn't answer that for them, they were just happy to be working properly.

Lauren crawled into his lap taking his attention off of the machines for a while, she needed to be loved on, Romeo was right there checking on his human puppy and getting some love for himself at the same time from Jack. Romeo wanted to go outside then so Jack transported all three of them outside so the dog could take care of business and he could get Lauren outside for a while, the child needed to get into the sunlight for a while.

After lunch Jack went to the monastery for his treatments and to see what was going on there. He also needed to bring Daniel, Saren and Teal'c back to the base.

He told Koe that he had shut off the Stargate and now there was a planet wide shield that would not let anything through without permission.

When Jack got his treatment this time though he felt something different going on with his body that he didn't feel before, there was something calling him. He asked Koe what it could be. He was told that as parts of his mind opened some of them happened suddenly according to the books that he had read and his teachers before him. Jack gathered the others to go back to the base but he wasn't able to get to voice out of his mind.

He transported them into the base where Sam was working on some of the other machines. When Jack appeared it seamed that all of the machines came on at the same time all the way down to the bottom floor where the big ship was located. The voice in his head told him to bring the woman to the ship. Jack told Sam what was going on and he instinctively knew that the voice was talking about her.

Jack could have transported down to the ship but he didn't want to do it that way. They walked down the flights of stairs hand in hand. Jack had told Janet to stay with Lauren and take care of her if anything happened to them.

Jack and Sam walked up to the ship which from the ground level was a monster in size. The voice was much clearer now and it was asking him for a name. This confused Jack but Sam was able to hear the voice now. She asked Jack what he was hearing.

He told her that it sounded like the voice of a controller back in special operations that he never was able to meet but he always liked her voice and told her she was and angel looking after him when he needed it the most. She would tell him of troop movements and incoming dangers when it was visible on her radar or when she got updated intelligence reports. Jack realized that he was talking to the ship.

“If I'm to name you, I would like to call you Angel if that is alright with you.”

“That will be a very good name, thank you Jack.”

Sam was not so sure, she didn't hear the soft female voice that Jack did, she heard a deep male voice that sent shivers down her spine when it spoke to her. She enjoyed hearing the voice it was both soothing and exciting at the same time.

Angel spoke to Jack again asking him what he wanted to name the ship. This confused Jack again. “I thought that was what we just did?”

“No, You named me and I am the computer that runs the ship which means that I am the ship but I still am a different being then the ship itself.”

“The ship will have a name, but as its personality I will have a different name, which is Angel.”

“This reminds me of Thor and his ship so how about 'Thor's Hammer' as a name for the ship.”

They both watched in fascination as a viking war hammer appeared on the hull of the ship with lightening bolts coming out of the end of the hammer spelling out the name.

They were transported inside the ship and suddenly the voice became very clear to both of them. Angel explained to them that she had put in implants that helped with communications and it helped her to keep tabs on their health. The implants would also transmitted their emotions and all of what they did like hearing, sight and feelings.

She further explained that this was a truly symbiotic relationship she gave as well as took from them. She could help them with anything they were doing and she would get all of the feedback of their emotions and knowledge.

Sam asked how the ship got inside the cave with such a small opening. She was instantly given the answer which took her a few minuets to go through.

The ship had a rolling transport drive. There were several parts that would be transported ahead of the ship which would transport the ship along the line they were in. When the ship passed the first of the transports modules that were sent out it was transported to the head of the line making a constant loop with the parts only coming into existence for a split second at a time until the destination was reached.

“In other words it was transported inside this cave and it will get out the same way.” That came from Jack which was a shock in itself to Sam but she knew that he was not as dumb as he acted. Jack just smiled at her letting her know that he had heard her thoughts.

The ship also had gravity drives which was also very interesting to Sam but Jack told her to find out about it later if she would so he didn't have to set through it. The third type of drive was the standard hyper drive and there was the sub light drives.

Sam asked Angel to show them how the drives worked. While Janet and Daniel were watching the ship just disappeared. It was there one second and then nothing but the floor of the cave where the ship was sitting. It didn't flash or glow, nothing, it was just gone.

Jack received an image of Janet and Daniel's concern then all of the others including Romeo were standing on the deck of the ship beside Jack and Sam.

Jack was watching what was going on outside the ship through the large viewing screens across the front of the ship. This also reminded him of Thor's ship, it was like looking strait out into space with nothing in between them and the outside. He put his hand out and felt a slight tingling and a resistance.

They were watching as one of the moons was coming strait at them with a great deal of speed then the ship flashed over the outer atmosphere and pushed away from it even faster. Angel let Jack and Sam know that this was a demonstration of the gravity drive. It bounced off several more planets and asteroids gaining speed with each one.

Angel then let them know that she was going into the rolling transport drive, the next thing that they knew Earth was flouting below them. Jack asked if they were cloaked which got a mental raspberry from Angel which made Sam start laughing.

Nobody else knew what she was laughing about and Jack had to start laughing along with her. Who would ever have though that he would be in a space ship with an attitude and a sense of humor.

“I take it that you do have us cloaked then?”

“Yes Jack, we are are cloaked so that NORAD is not able to see us.”

Daniel was the one to ask all of the important questions and he was speaking for all of the others when he asked what was going on and who was flying the ship.

Teal'c had picked up Lauren which was where she usually was if she wasn't with Jack or Sam. The Big Guy had a real soft spot for the little girl.

“Well Daniel, the ship is flying itself but it has a personality which is named Angel.”

“Is anybody in control of Angel?”

Angel answered to both Jack and Sam at the same time. Jack was the first to communicate with her so he was the caption of the ship and Sam was his next in command.

The ship will take orders to some degree but it will act on its own when necessary and it does not have to follow the orders that are given if it thinks they are wrong or if it finds a better solution. Sam explained this part to the others then asked if anybody wanted to go back to Earth at this time.

Jack needed to go back to Boar'a for his treatments but they would be able to beam anybody down that wanted to stay on Earth if they wanted. All of them wanted to go back to Boar'a with them. Jack had expected Janet and Cassy to stay at least but after the trauma that Cassy had gone through she didn't want to go back yet and Janet was staying with her daughter.

Jack asked Angel what the weather was like at his cabin at this time. He was told it was snowing and the temperature was thirty degrees Fahrenheit. She told him she had prepared his cabin for him if he wanted to go there to see if everything was alright.

Of course she could read his mind she was linked directly into his brain. Jack asked the rest if they wanted to go down for a short visit before they went back. They all wanted to see his cabin except Teal'c but he would go along. “There are no fish in that lake O'Neill, so why do you want to go there.”

Jack had given up on trying to explain to Teal'c that it was to relax and he had fun fishing even if he didn't think there were any fish.

They were transported into the cabin which was warm and it even had a fire in the fireplace. Sam had never been to his cabin before so she was just as interested in exploring it as Lauren was.

Laure was bouncing with all if the excitement, she went to the window to look outside at all of the white stuff on the ground. She had never seen snow and was wondering what she was supposed to do with it but it looked like fun even if it was cold.

Jack asked Angel if there was a way they could keep Lauren warm because she didn't have a coat. A band appeared on Sam, Jack and Lauren which Angel said would keep their body temperature at a constant rate so it would be fine to go outside. Jack and Sam took Lauren outside so she could play in the snow. Angel was right, they were very comfortable without coats, the only thing was that Lauren was getting wet.

Jack made a snow ball which he threw at Sam causing Lauren to laugh and do the same to him. Soon Jack was being hit from all angles by both of them. They were having fun but they needed to get back to Boar'a soon so Jack had Angel put out the fire in the fireplace first then transport them back on the ship. Jack, Lauren and Sam were all dry when the arrived back on the ship, then Angel took them back to Boar'a.

Daniel was the one to ask again how Angel got through the shield so easily. Angel finally opened an speaker to be able to speak directly to Daniel letting him know she was able to talk to the shield generator and tell it to let them through.

Sam asked Angel of she could contact other kinds of radio and communications systems. Angel told her she could communicate with any known type of system, it may take a short while to calibrate but it can be done. Sam had the communications protocols for the Tok'ra and had Angel send out a signal with the proper encryptions so that she could ask them to find out if there was an Ashrack that had just changed host and carried a double set of whips with knives on the ends.

Jack gave her a hug telling her thanks. Now they just needed to get word on where Kell was so they could try to get him back. With the medical equipment that was available now, Janet was sure that she could remove the Goa'uld.

Jack would be finished with his treatments soon so all they needed to do was decide where they wanted to stay, on Earth or on Boar'a. It was looking like a real toss up at this time edging a little to Boar'a for now but that was a decision that they could make later. For now it was a matter of getting well again and learning about the machines and getting them all up and working.

END.