Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ambassadors to the Furlings Chapter 1

by IcedHeat
[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ambassadors to the Furlings Chapter 2

Ambassadors to the Furlings Chapter 2

by IcedHeat

Summary: The Asgard want to set up an alliance between the Tau'ri and the Furlings, but have they chosen the right people for the job?
Category: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: This was started before season 9 aired and its very definately AU from the end of season 8.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/26/07

Ambassadors to the Furlings
Jack materialised in mid-air on board an Asgard vessel. A split second later his body realised it was trying to sit in a chair on a planet that was several thousand miles below its current position. He fell.
"Ow!"
"Jack? Are you okay?" Suddenly, Jack's world was filled with Sam Carter. She looked concerned.
"Yeah, apart from the fact that I appear to be on a ship, and I just fell on my ass, I'm peachy."
She helped him to his feet.
"Asgard?" He asked, looking around.
"Looks that way."
A door to their left opened and both of them turned to see an Asgard walking into the room.
"Thor!" Jack exclaimed, happy to see his friend.
"How do you do that?" Sam muttered under her breath.
"Do what?"
"Recognise him so quickly. They all look the same to me."
"It's a knack." He replied, just as the Supreme Commander reached them.
"O'Neill, Colonel Carter, it is good to see you." The Asgard said.
"You too buddy." Jack said. "Y'know, if this is just a social call, you didn't have to beam us up, you coulda just dropped into the SGC."
"It is not just a social call." Thor said.
"Uh... Thor?" Sam sounded uneasy.
"Colonel Carter?"
"Why are we moving away from Earth?"
"What?" Jack snapped his attention to the viewscreen. Earth was indeed dropping away from view. "Thor?"
"I have come here to request that you and Colonel Carter undertake a mission, O'Neill."
"This isn't much of a request, buddy." Jack said dryly.
"I apologise, O'Neill, but time is a factor. I have informed your President and he agrees that this mission must take priority."
Jack and Sam shared a look.
"So..." Sam began, "what do the Asgard need us to do this time?"
Thor's massive black eyes narrowed at her sarcastic tone, but he said nothing. "It is not what the Asgard need, but what the Tau'ri need." He said enigmatically.
Jack looked from Thor to Sam and back again. "I'm lost. Sam?"
"Not a clue." She told him.
"Do you remember when you first met the Asgard, O'Neill? They spoke with you about the four races of the ancient alliance."
Jack nodded. "They said we were on our way to becoming the fifth race." He remembered.
Thor's huge head inclined. "We have recently made contact with the Furlings."
"The Furlings? How? When?" Sam asked.
"Easy, Sam, one question at a time." Jack said, smirking.
"The Asgard were conducting a survey of a planet at the edge of our galaxy when we discovered evidence of a Furling civilisation. We sent a message to the civilisation and received a reply. They wish to meet with representatives of our new allies, the Tau'ri, the race that overthrew the Goa'uld."
"Wait... we didn't *overthrow* the Goa'uld," Jack said, he turned to Sam. "Did we?"
"We kinda did, Jack." She said.
"Oh." Jack paused and changed track almost imperceptibly. "I take it we're the representatives?"
"You are correct, O'Neill." Thor said.
"Why?" Jack asked.
"Jack!" Sam admonished.
"Just asking."
"I chose yourself and Colonel Carter, O'Neill, because you have both proven yourselves invaluable allies to the Asgard many times."
"Cool."
"You should both get some rest; this will be a long journey." Thor informed them. "I have prepared sleeping quarters for you both, along with adequate provisions."
"Earth food?" Sam asked.
Thor nodded. "I remembered your dislike for our form of sustenance, Colonel Carter, and I have provided food from your own homes."
Sam looked relieved.
As they started out towards their sleeping quarters, Sam noticed that Jack looked concerned.
"What's wrong?"
"Huh? Oh, nothin'. I'm just hoping he didn't just beam up the contents of my fridge."
* When Sam awoke several hours later, she headed straight for the bridge.
Thor was sitting in his command chair, looking at some sort of schematic on a viewer. He looked up as she entered the room.
"Colonel Carter, I trust you slept well?"
"I did, thank you, Thor." Sam said politely. She walked over to the main viewscreen, which was showing their passage through hyperspace.
She turned when she felt the presence of the small alien close behind her.
"Colonel Carter, may I ask you a personal question?"
She frowned slightly, "Of course."
"Has something changed between yourself and General O'Neill?"
Sam's eyebrows shot into her hairline. "Uh... yeah, it has. Why do you ask?"
"Small differences in your behaviour towards one another." Thor said. "I am most pleased at this development, Colonel."
"You are?" Sam asked blankly.
"Indeed. I have not been unaware of the feelings between yourself and O'Neill."
Sam stared at the alien.
"Perceptive little Asgard, isn't he?" Jack asked from the doorway.
Both Sam and Thor turned to look at him.
"I'll say." Sam said.
Jack walked into the room, snagging a communicator stone from one of the viewers en route and fiddling with it.
"Are we nearly there yet?" He asked plaintively.
If Thor had been human, he would have rolled his eyes, Sam mused.
"We will reach our destination in approximately twenty three hours, O'Neill, although I am not sure if I can endure such a large amount of time with you when you have nothing to do." Thor paused. "Since this... development between yourself and Colonel Carter is a new one, perhaps you should spend some time together."
Jack narrowed his eyes at the Asgard.
Sam blushed furiously.
*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to IcedHeat