Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

100 years. the conclusion

by Lynsey Wills
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
100 years. the conclusion

100 years. the conclusion

by Lynsey

Title: 100 years. the conclusion
Author: Lynsey
Email: Lynsey.Wills@btinternet.com
Category: FutureStory
Episode related: 503 Ascension
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: character death
Summary: Conclusion to '100 years' will Sam find happiness?.with Jack?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Faith seemed to become more open with the young team, she still drove them hard of course, but she didn't intentionally go out of her way to see them fall anymore, she began to realise that maybe they were good enough, that maybe they would last, she just hoped that she wasn't wrong, after all, she was literally putting the welfare of the planet on the shoulders of these people, she had to be sure.

" Fai?" Amy called into the darkness of the woods, it was well past midnight and before she had found this was one of their `teachers' favourite places to stop and think.

"Are you here?" she persisted.

Faith sighed, so much for quiet, alone time.

" Up here" she answered from the oak tree she had climbed about an hour before.

Amy smiled, reaching her hands out to climb the tree, making faith nervous, as this woman had a knack at getting hurt, and as if on queue she heard the unsteady branch she had known never to climb under strain, meaning the young doctor would soon be falling.

" Grab my hand," she quickly suggested, after jumping down off of her branch, the second Amy had the branch beneath her began to snap.

"Aghhh"

"It's ok, I got you" faith grasped the branch behind her to help pull her friend up, once safe Amy was having trouble breathing.

"Deep breath Amy, your ok, don't worry"

"Tha..Than... thanks" she finally managed, looking from where they were, and realising if she had fallen there would have been no way she would have past her physical in four months.

"Don't worry about it, tomorrow I'll add tree climbing as a list of things to do. You never know when it may be needed" she smiled, imagining them all sitting in a tree, like the vontrap children in the sound of music.

"What's so funny?" Amy asked

"Nothing"

"Oh, ok"

They sat there in silence for a few minutes, before moving up to her branch, as it was strong enough to hold them.

" Can I ask you something?"

"You just did"
This made Amy laugh, as it had to her when jack had said it once, he always knew how to make people laugh, to make her feel better, no matter how bad the situation.

" Sure" she finally said.

Amy waited a few seconds. Thinking of how to ask the request.

"What were they like? Your team.... you don't have to answer, it's just, I don't know, I suppose I am just being nosy but while I was at the SGC there were a few things said about them, and I thought it would be better to hear about them from someone who really knew" she began to fiddle with the button on her jacket.

Faith smiled, she was stuck between a rock and a hard place, as much as she wanted to deny the past, she also wanted to remember, to have those days back.

" I wasn't apart of the first mission, I was meant to be but personal problems stopped me from going, anyway, a year later, after the gate was shut, it reopened, after research found that there was more than one planet to go to, Daniel had stayed behind, with his wife, sha're. Anyway one thing led to another I was put on sg1, O'Neill thought I was a guy, pretty annoyed about me being a scientist, Daniels wife was made a Gou'ald.... I'm sure you know all this though"

Amy nodded, she knew all about how sg1 had its team members.

"Daniel was a lot like you. He was the peace maker really, couldn't keep his hands to himself, which annoyed jack to no end, it seemed half the trouble we got into was because Danny had given into temptation and touched some artifact in great awe... Teal'c was very honourable. He would be so proud of his son, I wish he could be here now to see what kind of man he became" she felt herself well up slightly.

" Then there was the colonel, the glue in some ways, he could make a joke about anything, some of the things that man said, his timing was something to be desired, no wonder we pissed so many system lords off..."

Amy nodded, it was nice to talk to another women in this way, in a trustful way, without worry that what you were saying would be spread about as gossip, she missed it.

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, what was your role?"

"As an astrophysist and major to the best commanding officer a 21c could ask for, he became my best friend, that's the thing, you guys need to become close for this to work, it will take time, but I have... faith in you all"

Amy beamed, that was one of the most positive things that she had said since their arrival.

"You? Why did you join the SGC?" faith changed the subject, starting to feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Me? Well... when the offer came I couldn't believe my eyes, to see new worlds and ally ourselves with them, it was exciting, and I admit to having read many of doctor Jackson's papers while in college, they fascinated me, I was a bit of an outcast of course for thinking so, everyone thought that it was complete rubbish... but, I don't know, they sort of made sense" her eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement when talking about her job, yes, she definitely had Daniel's personality, which would either help her in life or be her downfall, hopefully the former.

"And... Well." the brunette hesitated slightly.

"Go on" faith implored.

" My, mum and dad, well... they died just before I got to junior high school, they were both doctors, I, I wanted to make them proud, to really make a difference in the world, like I know they would want me to"

Faith smiled, putting her hand on her shoulder.

" They would be really proud of you, I know It.." Amy nodded, none of the other member's knew this about her, and for now, she was quite happy to keep it that way.

"I think you better go back, we need to be up early tomorrow, I thought we all might go into town as well... you know, for supplies" Amy practically ran to the cabin, that is after stumbling out of the tree, much to faiths distress. This girl was going to cause her a great deal of worry and white hairs.

Deciding to take her own advice, she climbed halfway down the tree, before deciding to levitate her way down, believing herself to be alone.

" I was hoping that I had imagined it, but seeing you do something 'unusual' a second time means my mind was not playing tricks on me after all, I don't know whether I should be happy not to be losing my mine or freaked at seeing you float from a tree" Faith stood in shock and silence with her back to the colonel, she hadn't heard him approach, he must have been here while she had been talking to Amy, when her guard was down.

" Your a very smart man, I'm sure you can do two things at once .oh, and this isn't quite the second time, probably the fourth, although I made you forget about those times, so get it right" she answered, annoyed that he had been spied upon by someone she was meant to trust with her life.

"I had to be sure, of what you were"

"A witch you mean?"

He didn't answer, obviously he hadn't expected her to answer so bluntly.

" Well I would give you a prize for figuring it out but I'm all out" she turned to him, jumping back in surprise, she hadn't realised he had been standing so close.

"A witch? As in warts and...."

"If you say broomstick I'll through you in the fishless lake"

".... Black cat"

"For a supposed smart man you believe in many cheesy clichs you realise that. so you see any of them?"

He seemed to give her once over, annoying her even more.

" I came to say that the general would be ringing in a few hours, he rang a few minutes ago, I couldn't find you, it sounds urgent"

"Great, just what I need" she moaned, fiddling with her ponytail.

There was an awkward silence held between them for a few minutes, as they slowly walked back to the cabin.

"So, how long have you been a... you know"

"Witch? It's ok, you can say it, it's not contagious" he winced at he venom in her voice.

"For the past century, that's why everything went wrong, why they died, why I am here, alone, where no one can get hurt because of what I am. One planet, the ones who 'awakened' my power thought I would deliver their planet and others from evil, instead I brought death among those I cared about...." her voice trailed off.

" Don't say that"

" ...It's true! you weren't there, no one was, only I remember what happened there, it haunts me now, as it will forever, I have accepted that..."

" I'm not here to argue with you or go over your life... I just wanted to tell you about the general and to ask you to be honest with me from now, on... I know that we haven't been the best of friends, but I think that we could become good ones... maybe even more" her whispered, in some way hoping that she heard the last thing he said but also hoping that she hadn't.

He would never know though, as she just walked past him towards the cabin, silent tears falling all the way, while dread began to rise within her, she had a bad feeling about the call which would soon arrive, it had to be to do with a mission, obviously time had just ran out.

The next morning

A sleepless night and eight mugs of coffee later would result in a very tired woman staring at the phone; at least it had in this case.

"Come on, damn you..." she muttered at the cordless phone, remembering when at the time of it's production everyone had been in awe, a phone which wasn't hooked to the cradle? Wow. Now of course there were many phone which you could talk to someone while watching TV, as their face would appear in the corner of the screen, and the implant which you could have put into your brain, neither appealed to her, and as long as this one held up, what was the point?

A few more minutes of staring at the phone made her realise that in no way was the general going to ring her at 6am.

"More coffee" and despite her intelligence, she still sounded amazingly primitive.... sort of like homer Simpson... the thought of the pudgy yellow guy brought a smile to her lips, he reminded her of jack, and the way he had gotten into the habit of saying 'doh'.

RING RING, RING RING...

"Figures.." she shouted while dashing for the phone.

"What?"

" That's hardly the way to be speaking to your commanding officer now is it maj...." a gruff voice tried to reprimand her.

" Cut the bull, what do you want?" she cut him off, she was a good few decades older than this man, just because he looked older did not mean anything to her, he could be her great grandson for crying out loud.

"Major!"

" General, the way I see it, if you do not tell me what is so important that you had to ring me at midnight and now 6 in the morning right now within the next 20 seconds I will hang up and have my phone disconnected for the next four months, now do you really want that?"

He was silent on the other end for a few moments...

"12 seconds general.."

Silence still.

" 6, 5, 4, 3, 2... it's been nice chatting with you.."

"WAIT!! It's about sg1, they will be needed ahead of schedule" he rushed the sentence.

"Why doesn't that shock me, and why should I let this team and I go before our arranged date?"

She could practically hear the cogs turning down the end of the phone.

"Apophis has resurfaced"

"..We'll be there before tea time"

She hung up..

That lousy son of a bitch was back, he really was going to cause her a lot of grief, well, if she couldn't kill him then she would just drag him to hell, even if she had to go there as well.

Storming to the basement she unlocked the door, for once leaving it open while she went to her book, and tracing the front, when her hands fell on the name at the front of the book, Samantha Carter, the woman and soldier who had lost her friends and family, this was her fight... not faith's, or the woman she was now.

Running about the cabin she grabbed a bag, shoving her book, some old photo's, Daniel's old journal and some clothes into it, loading up the jeep the younger member had come in.

Then she decided it was time for them to be awakened and notified.

Knocking on each of their doors in turn, shouting for them to be awake and downstairs in 30miuntes, packed and ready to leave.

"What?!? Why?" Amy had bellowed, she wasn't military, and even though she had been used to the early mornings and running about the lake routine, she was still a lat sleeper, being the hardest to wake up.

"Amy, if you don't wake up and be ready then you will not be going on your first mission with the rest of us..."

"IM UP!!!" Faith smiled, all it took was a little motivation.

"I am ready" the deep voice startled faith.

"Jeez, Rya'c, will you at least make a noise when your walking behind me?" Rya'c smiled cheekily, faith had noticed this about him, he seemed a bit more... human, compared to his father, he actually did like a good laugh and could be quite cheeky and cunning when he wanted to be.

" Did you say that we would be going on a mission?" he asked, walking her down to the kitchen, where a fresh pot of coffee was brewing.

"I'll tell you everything when we're all here, but you better put your bag in the car" she tossed the keys to him as he left.

There were footsteps thudding down the stairs.

"Uh, what's going on?" Amy muttered, making a beeline for the coffee, as did the colonel, a few seconds later Rya'c came in, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

" The general rang, we're needed early, it's.. Apophis"

"Seriously? I thought he died about 20 years ago"

"If Only" Rya'c muttered, hate dripping from his voice.

" Are you all packed?" they nodded.

"Then I suggest you drink your coffee and be ready in five"

She went to the jeep, hoping to god that they were ready for what they were going to face.

Thinking quickly about what he had packed, and still feeling as though she had forgotten something, then realising what, she dashed into the house while the others stretched before getting in the jeep, knowing full well that the driver would only stop when absolutely necessary, which would probably be never if she had her way.

Dashing to the basement, with a knife she had picked up from the kitchen, she went to the very back corner, where a loose floorboard sat, digging the knife in the floorboard was easy, it was opening it that was going to be the problem, she hadn't opened it in...... Well, a long time.

Finally, it gave.

"Yes" she muttered in triumph.

"Under the floorboard sat a very old rotting shoebox, inside was her old dog tags, as well as the colonels, Daniels and teal'c's, she had taken them after being pried away from their bodies. There were also a few things to remember them by, such as pictures, which were still very well preserved, and a silver chain, with a locket on.

She had almost forgotten about the locket..... Almost. She could never bring herself to wear it, she hadn't felt like Sam much since they had died, and it felt as though she were wearing someone else's memories.

"Fai?! You coming?!?" Amy shouted from the front door, not knowing where the elder woman had disappeared.

"Yeah! Coming!"

Grabbing everything that the box held, while leaving the actual box she ran back, stopping for a second to look at the lake and the cabin, knowing that this would be last time her eyes fell upon the wooden house.

"Goodbye"

Making sure her 'treasure' was in her pocket she ran to the jeep, and drove off before she changed her mind, or worse, lost her control and started sobbing like a little child.

" Are you okay?" Rya'c asked, concern evident in his features.

"I'm fine, or at least I will be"

She was going home, back to the SGC.

2000 hours, Cheyenne Mountain.

"They're here General" a lieutenant's excited voice informed his commander.

"Thank you lieutenant, send them down will you?"

"Yes sir" putting the phone down he saluted the upcoming colonel.

"Good to have you back sir, the general is waiting for you and your team in the briefing room" he passed the elder man a clipboard and pen, making each one sign themselves into the base.

"Thank you lieutenant"

Walking through the halls were like deja vu for the major, nothing seemed to have changed, the walls were the same grey colour, the doors still had scorch marks while the guards still stood as still as a stature, guarding some unknown technology, some of which she wished she could get her hands on to analyse, it felt like an eternity since she had last had a good tinker round with an alien technology.

Finally the briefing room came into focus, inside it seemed a bit larger than it had before, the table had long been replaced, with a table which didn't seem to have an legs holding it up, it sort of hovered.

The chairs looked a lot more uncomfortable to the ones that were once there, they were plastic, and also seemed to hover, something more than likely given to them from the tolan, it seemed that they had finally agreed to give some technology, as long as they kept it to themselves until someone on the planet invented it, also they did not give weapons, only harmless things that would only take earth to start thinking about in a few years.

The logo on the wall hadn't changed, although it had probably been repainted, as the last time she had seen it, well, it had looked a bit worse for ware.

One thing that was different though was the general, instead of the warm and friendly Texan whom she as the rest of the SGC had loved, sat a miserable, quiet cold New Yorker, whom had been pestering her for the past ten years to come back to the SGC.

"General"

"Major, nice to finally meet you in person"

" Well, you call, you write, that was quite enough" he didn't seemed impressed with her sarcasm, too bad she didn't care.

"If you would all have a seat, the debriefing will begin"

When seated a captain arrived, and began to dish out some folders, containing their mission.

" SG11 went to planet PS2-456, All came back with severe injuries, one almost died, it seems that our 'friend' Apophis has been hiding on the planet, which the naives call 'Elna' for the past 20 years, claiming to be their God, most didn't believe this, all of them were killed, only the few who did survived"

"This is what the team found out before they were ambushed by jaffa, luckily they managed to escape to warn of us Apophis' intentions, apparently he is building an army to take over Earth, and he is not far from his goal"

Everyone seemed a bit stunned; he was still trying to take over this planet? And had a fair chance of succeeding?

"What he doesn't know is, that we now have anew SG1 to defend our selves with, we are not just amateurs and we will not be seen as any less of a threat just because he managed to give us the run around once"

"Any questions?"

"What exactly is it that you want us to do?" Bass finally asked the question which had popped up in the minds of everyone at least once since the speech.

"We need you to stop him, in anyway possible, apparently he has a temple near the gate, about 10 clicks north, and he is looking for a new host for his bride, so that is a way of getting in, if that fails, it's up to you and lady luck, any questions, no? Well, in that case, your mission starts 0800 hours tomorrow, doctor Lewis is waiting for you in the infirmary for a quick physical and check, we need to nip this thing in the bud now, or I don't think we will make it"

Everyone left, except faith, whom had been staring at the wall for a long time now, transfixed with a picture on the wall, near the logo, she hadn't seen it until now.

Getting up she walked to it, it was a group photo, of everyone in the SGC, 2001.

There faces that she recognised, and few she had forgotten, but in the centre were the faces that she would never forget, SG1, and general Hammond, all smiling, this picture had been taken a few weeks before they were all killed.

A little plaque at the bottom of the picture had the date and the general's name; it also said 'Bless their souls'

"Major? You coming?" Faith snapped out of her reverie, when Colonel Bass had called for her attention.

"Yeah, I'm coming"

Infirmary.

"Well Colonel, Major, it seems you are all in perfect health, nothing seems out of place, I have no choice but to allow you on this suicide mission"

The male senior doctor, who Faith had decided was Dr. Lewis, didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about sending them into the mission, which would help millions of planets....

"Doc, we'll be fine"

The doctor shook his head in annoyance, muttering something about 'military bravado'.

Leaving them to laugh at him, she then realised that she was the only one laughing., the colonel seemed to be staring at her.

" You should smile more often" his comment made her blush.

" Watch it colonel, anyone would think that you were flirting with me"

He had a crocked smile.

"What if I was?"

"Stop" she turned serious, she wouldn't be getting back into the mini drama again, the last time it had all ended in tears, mainly hers.

"Fai.."

"For now, I am your 21c, you shouldn't be.."

"What about O'Neill?" the moment those words had come out of his mouth he had regretted them, so had his face, you think he would be used to getting slapped by that woman, but he wasn't.

He was more used to having foot in mouth disease.

"Smooth" Amy patted him on the back, leaving him and Rya'c alone in the infirmary together.

"Do you enjoy hurting her so?" the big man asked.

"Of course not" he snapped, rubbing his jaw slightly.

"Then I suggest that you stop it, before I hit you instead" he threatened, following Amy.

"Being a colonel used to mean something" the colonel muttered, deciding perhaps that it would be best to go looking for his major, after all, tomorrow they had a very BIG mission, and he couldn't go knowing that she was pissed at him.

An hour later.

After his hour search of the base he decided that she wasn't there, at least, he thought he was sure anyway, until he came across the lieutenant who guarded the bases entrance.

"Hello sir"

"Do you know where maj, carter is?"

" She signed out about an hour ago. But last I saw she signed back in, do you want me to help look?"

"No it's ok, I just wish I knew where she would have gone!" he sounded frustrated.

"Well, sir, If you don't mind me saying, but if I were back after such a long time away, I would probably go to the gate, you know, that thing still fascinates me, even now" the colonel smiled at the eager young mans helpfulness.

"Thanks, that actually helps me" he dashed towards the gate room.

In the embarkation room

Fai felt sick, probably due to lack of food, since she hadn't eaten since breakfast.

" Bet they don't have any blue jelly" she muttered indignantly, internally refusing to go to the cafeteria, another reminder of how things had changed, although, cafe food seemed to be universal, like school dinners, even then she had taken a packed lunch, not really wanting to risk food poisoning.

Checking her watch she realised she had been staring at the gate for just over an hour. At first she hadn't thought about why she had come here, then she had finally realised that no matter what, the gate would never change. The gate room had horrible memories for her though, so bad her eyes had already begun to well again.

" Can I join you?"

Bugger.

"Depends, do you want to put your foot in your mouth now to save time?" He laughed hesitantly, worried that he had mistaken her peace offering.

"Pull up a cold stone floor" he sat next to her.

"Tomorrows the big day then" he finally said.

"Yep, hopefully this will end it. All of it"

"Is this a suicide mission for you?"

" I have tried all other ways remember?... I'm not sure, although, recently, I realised that I don't want to die, at least, not yet"

"Why?" He asked, silently hoping it was due to him.

" I'm not finished, I did what I was asked by those... women, I know the magic, yet I know, If I go now, my soul will always feel unfinished... cheesy huh?" she giggled slightly.

"No, not at all, although I can't imagine what you must be going through, after all, I'm not a..."

"One day I'm going to make you say it" he grinned.

"Can you do something?" he asked.

"What? Magic?"

"'Yeah" he replied eagerly, like a child with a party magician.

Looking around she pulled one of her long blonde hairs out, folded it up and placed it into her fist, concentrating slightly she opened her hand, and out flew three beautiful butterflies.

"Wow" he sighed in awe; she would never cease to amaze him.

"Yeah...wow"

"You said something about women, what women?"

" Just before my team were killed, we were on the planet, Elna, there were three women, who reminded Daniel of the prophets, you know, the crone, the mother and the maiden? Well, they came through the gate, babbling something about my destiny, how I would save worlds or something, but I would have to learn the magic first, when I was found they were gone, there was absolutely no sign of them what so ever"

"Creepy.."

" You have no idea"

After a few minutes, he seemed to scoot closer, until all that could squeeze between would be the atoms, and even that would be a tight squeeze.

"Fai?"

"Umm?" she looked up at him, that's when he took his chance, before she could protest his lips pressed gently against hers.

She didn't pull away at first, it felt wrong to pull away, that's until she came back to her senses, and snapped her head back.

"We can't, I'm your 21c, I'm married, and I'm old enough to be you great-great grandmother"

"I doubt she would have been as hot as you" she smiled slightly.

"That's not the point"

"Well, you're hardly married now, and your not exactly planning on sticking around once this mission is over are you?"

She didn't answer, this was all the information he needed.

"I just came to make sure that we were ok, I didn't want there to be any tension tomorrow, we'll have enough on our minds, so are we?"

"What?"

"Ok"

"I think we will be"

Visitor's quarters.

Faith looked about the posh room, normally used for official and important visitors, she had been allocated it as a temp, there doesn't seem to be any more room at the inns.

She didn't recognise much there, the walls had been painted light pink, her gear was sitting in the corner, after she had checked it for the thousandth time in the past ten minutes, and her uniform was on top of one of those hovering chair things, which she had deiced she now hated.

1 am, typical, she never had been good at getting a good nights sleep the night before an important mission, then again she had better at least prepare for bed.

Going to the bathroom with brush in hand she started to comb her long locks, this had always soothed her as a child, then again someone else had done it for her.

While looking in the mirror she realised the mistake she was committing, even though she had decided to start doing this mission as carter would do, she was still acting differently, years of habit; after all, she had spent longer as faith than Sam.

Quickly rummaging about the cupboards she became frantic, there had to be some here somewhere! The problem was where?..... Aha!

There they were, scissors, snatching them up she ran back to the mirror, and began to hack at her locks, until it was shorter, and at least slightly even. Not having the guts to yet chop it off as short as it had been years before she and Jack married.

Reaching for her over night bag she pulled out some dog tags, and the locket, putting them both on, from now on she was carter, she was back.

Next morning.

"Oh my Goodness, I can't do this, what if it goes wrong?!? I mean! Look! In a few minutes, we are going to try and kill Earth's biggest threat! I think I am going to be sick..'.

"Amy calm down ok? We have been training for this nearly an entire year, you are not doing this alone"

"He's right" Rya'c agreed, checking the young scientist's pack for her, she was panicking, that maybe she had forgotten something.

"Where's Faith?!? We're going in one minute and she isn't here?!?" the colonel steamed, preparing himself to go looking for her.

"I'm right here" the colonel turned, about to give her apiece of his mind, when his mouth dropped open, as did Amy's and yak's when they saw the change.

"Fai?"

"That's major Carter"

".o...ok"

The stargate started whirling to life.

"SG1 You have a go, and good luck"

"Ok Campers, lets go"

The rest of the team looked at the major, thinking it to be an odd term, she blushed slightly.

"If that's ok with you colonel"

James seemed startled at her sudden use of his rank and the fact that she had used it with respect.

"Fine by me, major, if you would bring up the rear" he requested, just before disappearing into the event horizon, she smiled slightly, at the familiarity of the situation, before disappearing herself.

On the other side.

The planet that they had gated to was nearly exactly how Sam had pictured it, practically the replica of Netu, the planet her father had once been held on, literally hell.

"Major, over here!" the familiar voice called from behind a crater looking object.

" Has there been any signs of security?" she asked.

"Not so far, but we're going to set up a base over there" he pointed to a small cave near the base of what looked like a 'small volcano' about a mile from a futuristic pyramid.

" Nice view"

"Hmmm"

" Ok, Rya'c. You and Amy set up a perimeter, Major, you and I are going to scout that thing, find it's weaknesses"

Once given the assignments they separated, until neither could see the other anymore, which wasn't hard due to the amount about.

" I know it's been a few years since I've been near one of these things, but I doubt that after their life span so far they have bothered to tamper with the layout much"

After a another two hours they finally spotted an entrance which didn't seem to heavily guarded, or that is what they had determined after another 3 hours of watching it, the jaffa only passed it every hour, just a routine check, they must be feeling very confident about their environment.

"Scouts to base, come in base" the colonel called over the radio.

" Sir, base is set, how's your end? Over"

"A success, we have an entrance point, now all we need to modify the plan, we'll be there in a few minutes"

"Roger that"

The two soldiers quickly made their way back to the camp, checking every so often that there weren't any guards about to make a sudden appearance.

"Amy, everything set?"

"Yep, Rya'c and myself have even started the rations, they should be ready in a minute. We've also found that map that the general had drawn up for us of the area from the survey plane" She lead them to a small table where a map was laid.

"The odd thing about this is that there is only one mother ship, there aren't; even any small camps scattered about for protection"

"Well, they are planning on universal domination soon, perhaps they couldn't be bothered to unpack" the colonel quipped, earning him a few disapproving looks.

"What? You think you can do any better with the pressure we're under?" they ignored him.

After eating chocolate pudding rations which apparently tasted like 'meatloaf' they scanned the map in further detail, before finally planning to try and over throw one of the team of guards which passed the entrance that Bass and carter had found earlier, from then on they would play it by ear, placing bombs wherever possible and to kill Apophis, yeah, this was going to be apiece of cake!

Deciding to get an early night, the team settled into their sleeping bags, while the major took first watch.

"You sure?" the colonel asked.

"Yeah, this way, no interrupted sleep" she grinned, picking up her gun and starting to check the perimeter.

Be up for his watch.

"Wow, that's quite a tale..... does the colonel know?"

"Yeah, he found out during training"

"I'll bet he loved that, the first woman he falls for since his wife who acted like a witch!.."

"What?!?"

"Oh come on, don't tell me you hadn't noticed? If not, you're not as smart as I thought"

"You've got it all wrong. he's my CO, he's years younger than me.."

"Stop the excuses, everyone is younger than you! And the last time I checked you didn't really stick to the CO, 21C relationship"

The sounds of Rya'c shifting about, waking up from his slumber for his watch, they silenced, things had been said, mostly things that they didn't want to hear, well, that the major didn't want to hear, especially when in about 6 hours they would be bringing down one of the galaxies worst enemies.

"Was there any interference with your watch major?" Ry'ac asked, slight worry in his voice, he was still rather protective of his fathers old friend.

"No Ry'ac, everything was fine, are you sure you would not rather have a few minutes more? I'm ok for another few hours"

Amy went back to her tent, her watch was after Rya'c's, and at this rate, she would be falling a sleep during it.

"You must rest, tommorrow we will need to have had a sufficient amount of sleep"

Not attempting to argue with the man she headed for her tent, not stopping to take her boots or coat off, there was probably a high risk of her not getting sleep tonight, butterflies were running ariot in her stomach.

"Goodnight" she smiled, zipping her tent up, three hours later she felt her eyelids begin to droop, as nightmares began to plague her.

Sam's nightmare.

"Shes here, shes here, shes here, she will set us free, free from our prison, thousands of planets will benefit from her arrival, shese_# voices which earlier were talking at different times, confusing her, now seemed to band together, as one almighty voice.

"What? I don't understand?! Is this about the mission?"

No one answered her.

"If I pass! what will I get? will you let me die? will you make me normal again? ANSWER ME!!" she screamed, abandoning all reason.

" You will be rewarded, do not worry" a small, young voice answered behing her, causing her to be startled.

Behind her stood a small girl, dark hair, with a long blue dress, which seemed to be in layers.

" Your one of them, you helped to curse me"

The girl shook her head.

"We did not curse you, we merely gave you time to learn, if you did not have this time then you would not have grown in so many ways"

" What do I have to do?"

"What your heart tells you" the child walked towards her, hands outstretched, opening her palms she revealed a crumpled piece of paper, taking it from her she opened it, revealing a photo, of her team, her original team.

They looked happy.

"Where did you get this?"

"It matters not, all that matters is you must act with your heart, and not your hatred"

"But.."

"Goodbye Samantha"

"What is your name?"

"Cassandra"

Waking had never been so painful, her lungs felt as though they were on fire, gasping for breath she clutched at her chest, trying hard not to make to much noise to alarm her teammates, the last thing she needed was the mission to be compremised because she had a bad dream.

Fainlly lying back down she realised when looking at her watch that only a few seconds had actually gone by.

"Damn, I finally start to lose it and I'm on one of the most important missions of my life, well done Sam"

Fidgeting round in her sleeping bag seh reached under her pillow, feeling something odd, grabbed it and pulled it outm finally, in torch light she looked carefully at it, shock immediatly flooded her features, there in her hands, was the picure that the child had given her.

"Oh God"

/In the morning/

Colonel Bass triple checked and then double checked after that their plans, they only had ten minutes before they had to leave, calling them nevervous would be the understatement of the century.

Once everything that they would need was in place they sat, just for a minute, having a finally civialised converstion before moving out, for all they knew, one or all of them would not be coming back from this.

James noticed that his major had been awfully quiet all morning, even when she had turned to 'major carter' mode she would normally be quite quick on remarks and jokes to break awkward situations, this whole mission seemed to be an awkward situation.

She just seemed to sit their in the rock facing what had been their campfire in the night, staring at something in her hand, he had tried to catch a glimpse of it twice, but she had been quick then, hiding it from view, until her got the hint that she was not willing to share.

Amy seemed to be getting more and more curious though, however never invading her friend's privacy like the colonel had, although now she was highly intrigued.

"What's that?"

Sam didn't seem to hear her; she just kept on staring, until Amy asked twice more.

"Promise you won't laugh?"

The woman sweared.

"Lat night I had the weirdest dream, the little girl, who was one of the three witches that cursed me was there, she gave this to me"

Passing the photo to her as if it were there most precious treasure on earth, Amy stared, guessing it was of her friend's old teammates, the original SG1.

"Wow"
"A dream? That must have been some dream, are you sure you didn't have this before?"

"No, I remember the picture being taken but I never saw it"

She told her about the rest if her dream.

" Cassandra? That's the name of the prophet, she was said to be psychic and very insightful"

"Hmmm"

"Well gang, I hate to break up this little chat time, but we have a mission to carry out" the colonel emphasised his point by picking up his pack.

Walking as quickly and carefully as they could seemed to go on for an eternity, no one talked, there was the odd military signal once in a while, but other than that and their footsteps, there was complete silence.

The mother ship was drawing nearer, until they were only feet away from them, the colonel immediately sprung into action, signaling them to move into place, and wait, for the Jaffa which would soon pass.

Sam looked at the team, Rya'c seemed to be in deep concentration, Amy had long since passed the pale green faze of nervousness, now she was at the stage of praying to all the gods that she had ever studied for help and guidance, while their commander seemed to be drinking every part of this mission up, as if he were meant for this.

Deep footsteps could then be heard, gradually coming closer to them, it sounded like three jaffa, maybe four, it was hard to tell, they walked perfectly in sync, and it had been a few years, she suddenly felt unprepared and our of practice.

Looking to the colonel she saw him mouthing to them to put the plan into action, the second the guards passed them they would jump, and use their zat like weapons which would knock the guards out for a given amount of time, which they needed or kill.

There's was set to kill.

3

2

1

Go!!

They pounced, Rya'c first, he managed to kill one before reaching a bulk in the wall for cover, she would be next.

Getting approval she rolled into the space, managing to kill one and only injure another, until the colonel jumped in and finished him off before he shot her with his staff weapon.

"Thanks"

"Any time" he replied, calling Amy to come in, they all went to the bodies and began to remove them of their Armour.

" You don't have to do this, we can easily go in their guns blazing while one of us goes and places the bombs" the colonels concern touched her.

"We won't have the element of surprise, and there will be a lot of jaffa around, it's better if you are arranged so you can take them out before you, if you come into that room they can easily kill you, I won't have your blood on my conscience as well"

Everyone one agreed, although none particularly liked the idea of sending the major in, scantily dressed while being 'chosen' for a host, although it would be the only element of surprise they would have.

"Ok"

Removing what they would need from the packs, which was mainly the bombs and communication device, which was an earpiece and a radio attached to your tooth, easily transportable.

Changing into the jaffa uniforms was a slight challenge; they found it extremely hard to remove the bodies from them.

"Come on, we only have an hour until the selection will start" the Major hissed, worried that another set of guards may come by unexpectedly.

" Ok, Ok" the colonel answered, being the last one to be ready, he grabbed the staff weapon one of the warriors had dropped earlier.

"How do I look?"

No one answered; instead, they made their way to the cell that the women were being held.

"That bad huh?"

Again, no one answered.

As they came closer and closer to their target they activated the amours helmets, this would help them to conceal their identities from the Gou'ald.

The colonel and Rya'c then grabbed the majors arms, standing on either side of her, as if escorts.

"Jaffa Kree" was bellowed at them from behind, there stood a guard who had come to check on the women.

"What are you doing?'

Amy took this as her chance to finally show off what she had paid good money to learn in university.

"This one escaped, we are taking her back to the cell, for the preparation"

The jaffa came closer, inspecting the blonde major.

"If it were me I would have killed her on the spot" he muttered.

"We did not think this best, as it may anger our lord" after a few seconds of thought the elder Jaffa seemed to come to the same conclusion and moved forward, to type in the right code before walking away to attend to his other duties.

"I think that may have been his first prime" Sam said, just before they put her into the cell with the other women.

" Good luck she muttered, while trying to look as though she were putting up a fight, only to lose and be locked in.

"We'll need it" the colonel muttered looking at her surroundings, and glad it was not him in there, before the remaining three walked in separate directions, precious cargo weighing them down.

Setting her mind to the task at hand, the major walked about the room, in an apprehensive and nervous fashion, hardly acting at all. She would have to keep it up as well, and not try to tell any of the scared looking women of what was going to happen, no matter how much she wanted to reassure them, any one or more could be a spy, and she would be damned to be caught out that way.

"Hi" she greeted one woman who seemed to be a bit more confident about what was going on.

"I'm.... Piper" she quickly thought, using her middle name was better than her own, after all, Gou'ald were known to live damn near forever, he real name may cause some strife that she did not need right now.

The woman smiled, reminding Sam of sha're, she had the same dark hair and eyes, but they seemed a bit more mischievous, fiery even.

"I'm Lar'shra" she smiled, shaking her hand.

"You don't seem like the other women" Sam said.

"I'm confident that he will choose me, I will make him a wonderful wife" the women's English was almost near perfect, but was spoken with a heavy accent.

"Are you from abydos?" the other women seemed slightly taken back.

"Yes, how did you know?"

Sam smiled, not giving anything away.

" Been there once"

They chatted a little more with her, and found that this woman who couldn't have even reached her twentieth birthday yet had been sacrificed by her family and town, to Apophis, it seemed that there were still a large number on the planet that still believed him to be a God.

"What about the other women here" she asked, indicating to the 20 something females than there present, who all seemed to be quivering at being on a strange ship.

" Some have been here for weeks, most don't understand why they are here, a few have not even reached their teens yet, but because they are considered the most beautiful of their tribe or town they have been taken, they are all unwilling as you can see, I don't see why he won't just chose me!" the teen muttered, hate dripping in her voice, yet she also still managed to sound uncertain, as if her beauty were being questioned.

"I'm sure..." before she could finish her sentence the cell doors opened, reveling eight guards, ready to escort them to a changing area, where more of Apophis' female followers were waiting to make them more appealing and desirable.

Sam wanted to be sick, in less than an hour she would be parading in front of the being that she wanted to kill more than any on her life.

They all left the room, in pairs, some seemed to lean on each other for support, due to big bruises on their legs, probably from the jaffa preventing them from escape.

Sam walked with Lar'shra; the girl really didn't seem to mind about what was happening, she was almost..Proud.

After walking a short distance, they were ushered into a room with ten women spread about, with what appeared to be their own station.

The women nearest them had what appeared to be scissors in her hand, while another stood next to some white gauze material.

The guards separated them, sending two or three to each station, Sam and Lar'shra were sent to the hair woman, Sam immediately volunteered her friend first.

Meanwhile.

Colonel Bass was growing more and more nervous about the mission as time went on, how could he have given in? How could he have sent his major to the butchers? To be poked about like some meat in order for Apophis to find his wife's host? He felt horrible; even though it was the best plan they could come up with, he still hated it.

More than likely due to the fact they he was pretty much in love with her, even though she had been a complete cold hearted... mean person, he still found it hard to think bad thoughts of her after this, after he had seen her pain and warm side.

Snap put of it! The military part of his voice snapped at his male part, finally sick of him not thinking about the mission at hand.

Concentrating on the miniature version of C4 in his hand, pondering where to put it, pulling out a panel containing some important looking crystals and deciding to stick it there, hoping it would blow out something vital, knowing full well that in reality it would blow out that part of the ship, even though it was small, it was extremely destructive.

Checking his left boot, where he had managed to put most of his A11 (the explosive) finding only two more.

Heavy foot falls were then heard, quickly replacing the panel he dashed down another corridor and hid, although he looked like one of the at the moment, if one of them spoke to him then he would be screwed.

Breathing heavily he listened, sighing with relief once the coast was clear, that's when his communication device kicked in, obviously the major had decided to get in contact.

"I can't believe that we'll be there in 10 minutes" he heard, obviously she was not alone.

"I know!!" an excited female voice was also heard.

"Don't you think that this is actually a dangerous and unpredictable way of getting a husband?" Sam asked, worry evident in her voice.

The colonel guessed that she was trying to talk this women out of her excitement, he grinned, she was caring even to complete strangers.... stop it!! His mind snapped again, wiping the grain off his face, and bringing the importance of the mission back.

" We will be ready by then, don't worry" he said, before he heard her end if the line go dead.

"Commander to team, did you hear that?" he asked, hoping that the equipment was definitely working.

Static.

"Comman..."

"We hear you sir, Rya'c and myself have finished, we'll meet you at the great entrance in a few minutes" Amy's voice whispered over the com.

"Roger that, over and out" perhaps he should hurry up.

Footsteps were moving towards his location, yeah, definitely.

While Lar'shra was being fussed over, Sam quickly moved over to her original clothes, which were luckily on top of a large pile of trousers, skirts and tops from the other women, obviously their original clothing was never to be seen again.

Checking that the guards had not yet entered the chambers and no one was watching she made a dive for her right pocket, where her small knife was held, pulling it out and strategically placing it in her hair, which had been tied up in curls with a fancy hair pin.

She would have preferred to put it in a boot or attach it to her leg, but it seemed that Apophis didn't like his women decently dressed, she had no clue as to what was holding the bikini like golden top which had two ties going about her waist, and the flowey white skirt, ending just above her knees with slits on either sides up to the waist, it looked as though dental floss was holding the sides together.

"Ladies, if you will please get back into your lines, it is time for the guards to take you to lord Apophis"

Immediately women were buzzing with chatter, some excited, others petrified, and there at the back of the line was Lar'shra, dressed in similar style to her, although her skirt was a little longer with one slit going up the front.

"Piper! Over here!" she called to her friend, waving, as if she would be easy to miss.

The doors opened, causing Sam's gut to clench, this was it, after all these years of thinking about how she would seek revenge on that evil son of a bitch, here was her opportunity.

Feeling something warm and firm grasp her hand she looked down in surprise, Lar'shra had her hand in a firm grip, looking at the girls eyes she realised that perhaps this girls confidence had been a charade. Squeezing her hand in reassurance, she promised her self that no matter what, she would get them out alive.

Amy and Rya'c had met the colonel in front of the 'great halls' entrance, the golden doors had been firmly shut, no guards were present.

"They should be on their way in about 2 minutes, are you ready?" both members nodded, anxiety starting to set in.

"Ok, as soon as the guards bring them we will enter with them, and place our selves around, either just behind or in the corners, which ever gives you the best view and shot of all the jaffa in your sector ok?" again they agreed, them with a final good luck to them all they broke off, to each side of the door, standing as still as statues, ready for the hell which would soon break loose.

" ...Only speak when spoken too..." the jaffa which headed the troop of women was listing the things which they should and should not do when in the presence of their 'lord', Sam had stopped listening after the first point.

" We will now be entering the hall, anyone who speaks out of turn will be killed," he warned, making a few of the younger girls whimper in fright.

She saw the giant golden doors, and the guards next to them, the moment that she passed them she realised that they were her friends, call it 'spider-sense' but she had never lost her ability to detect a Gou'ald.

The guards followed her in, closing the door.

Once in they were made to stand side by side in one line, while a woman and man, both Gou'ald, and elaborately dressed looked them each up and down, before either pulling them a step out of line or just passing them by.

"You, the ones who are standing out of line, follow me, the others stay here," the make Gou'ald ordered.

10 of the women, including Sam had been pulled away, getting back into line they followed the male Gou'ald out, through another set of gold doors, passing her friends she shot them a worried look, were they going to follow? Would anything be said if they did?

A few seconds and she saw them begin to follow, slowly at first, but no other guards seemed to be moving, if questioned they could use the excuse of protection.

Once inside the next room Rya'c and the colonel closed the doors, and stood on either side of them, while looking at their surroundings, it seemed a little more decorative, more personal.

"You women, in this room, there is a key, highly and cleverly hidden, if you value your lives and wish to move to the next level then I suggest you find it, you have 1 hour" the male Gou'ald left the room, but not before whispering something to Rya'c, about keeping an eye on them.

"Come on Piper, if we work together then we can do this, come on" the brunette dragged her 'friend' around the room, pulling at cushions and chairs.

"Lar' we have to go about this in a different way, we can't just started riffling through things willy nilly..."

"Willy nilly?"

"Expression"

"Anyway, they keep trying to put across about how 'superior' they are to us, and the only way that we are going through those doors is if we think"

They took a few minutes to scan the room, there were pictures on the wall, with writings... wait a minute.

"Don't make a face but I think I've found something.." she whispered, dragging the girl with her to the wall, sliding her fingers over the wall like the others, while talking to Lar'shra.

"Can your read Gou'ald? I'm a little rusty"

" You mean the language of the Gods?" the brunette asked, while running her fingers over the letters.

" Yeah..., I can get as far as the first line, but the next get a bit confusing.."

"That's because it's numbers" Sam could have kissed her, of course numbers!

' To be the great gods wife you must find the key, which is where the sun just touches the water and the water kisses the sky, 4,2,1,4."

Calmly looking about the room, looking out for anything with a sun on it, which happened to be a lot, seemed that Apophis had a little obsession with suns, they were on pillows, curtains, chairs.

"Piper, there on the wall" Lar had grabbed her arm and hissed in her ear.

On the far wall, just behind a drape, was a small picture of a sunset, with numbers along the bottom, a calendar!

Moving as not to make the others suspicious the two women groped around the picture first before getting a good look at it.

"How do we make it work?" Lar asked, looking at the thing.

"I'm guessing that it works like a combination lock.... or a DHD!! Of course!"

A few girls near looked at them in annoyance, for disturbing their search.

" Ok...4..2..1..4" they pushed the numbers once working them out.. Finding that they lit up, "What now?" Lar asked, frowning at the fact that nothing was happening.

"Hmmm" Sam placed her hand on the sun itself, feeling slight warmth radiating through her fingers, when she removed them a door handle appeared, Lar being the first of the two women to shake herself out of shock and relief of finding the door, turned the handle.

A bright burning light surrounded them, before they gave into the darkness.

Rya'c looked to the colonel in alarm, wherever the two women had gone they were not going to be able to follow. Immediately the doors opened and more Jaffa came in, ushering the hysterical women who had failed out of the room, ordering them to follow. Not wanting to cause a scene they did as told, making sure Amy was close, making their escape easier.

The women were again placed into a line, many of them finding it hard to walk, admitting to defeat, not wanting to go back to their worlds to have them disappointed.

Deciding to keep with the group, if they could do some good for these people it would better than nothing, perhaps it would help them to keep their minds on something other than the worry what Amy be happening to their friend.

"Awaken! Your god commands it.." the first words wither women heard when waking from unconsciousness.

Sam's eyes fluttered open, to see her Lar looking down at her, excitement in her face.

" He's here!! We're going to meet him!! Oh Piper! Thank you so much for helping me!"

Sam cringed as the girl kept thanking her; she had helped her to a fate worse than death.

A shadowed figure floated into the room, black hooded cloaks in hand.

"You will wear these, my lord will ask you each three questions, you will answer and he will make his choice" Sam felt sick to her stomach, hoping that he didn't pick Lar, if he did then she would have to make sure that she didn't get hurt.

Both girls grabbed the offered cloaks, which covered all of them.

They were led to a silver room, with gold decorative points, such as candlesticks and chandeliers.

On a golden throne in the middle of the room sat a figure dressed in red and gold, a crown propped upon his head, grinning at the two of them wickedly.

" Gral'ina, what have you brought me?"

The shadowed figure who Sam guessed was Gral'ina bowed.

"My Lord, these are your choices"

"2? Well, that helps, I'm sure more passed the beauty test, its quite disappointing that only two passed the intelligence, but that does not matter. Let us begin"

Pointing Lar'shra to Gral'ina, the girl was brought forward; Sam noticed how the girl's eyes seemed to fill with fright, probably at the thought that she would not pass this next test.

" Who do you serve?"

Lar didn't think twice.

"Apophis is my God"

He seemed pleased with the answer.

"Where are you from?"

"A small planet Harlnam, they all follow you my lord"

"What would do as my wife?"

She seemed to think for a minute, deciding upon the better answer.

"I will love, protect and bear your children my lord" Sam knew that this probably was part of what he wanted to hear, although the children part would have displeased him.

"Now the other"

Lar moved back to Sam, her head bowed.

Walking past her Sam felt her anger grow; it took all of her strength not to strangle the bastard there and then.

"You, Who do you serve?" Biting her tongue, she answered as sweetly and respectfully as possible.

"Who ever you wish me to my lord"

"What planet are you from?"

"The planet which you deem the best my lord"

"What would you do as my wife?"

"Whatever you asked of me my lord"

She stood back with her friend, reaching her hand out to her as Gral'ina was beckoned to his master, whispering.

"His lord has made his choice, number 2"

Sam instantly felt blood being drawn from her hands; Lar's nails had penetrating her skin.

"Piper... why?" Sam felt instant guilt, this had all been a mission to her, but to her friend this was her lively hood.

"I'm sorry" Gral'ina pried Lar'shra away; she didn't put up much fight, as she was doubled over crying.

Once both people were out of the room, Apophis circled around her, taking her in, she could feel the snake within him, yet he hadn't felt the protein marker within her.

"What is your name child?"

"Sha're," she whispered, enough for him to hear, but also so, he would doubt what he had heard.

"What?" his shocked voice pleased her.

"Ammonet"

"What did you say?"

"O'Neill.... Teal'c.... Daniel"

"This is insolence, give me your name!!" he roared, angered yet worried at he names she recited.

"Faith... Piper..... Samantha!!!"

He was face to face with her now, anger in his eyes.

"Samantha?"

"Yes"

"Remove your mask"

"You will not like what you see... my lord"

"DO IT!"

Taking her time, she brought the hood on her cloak down...

"YOU!!"

"Not pleased to see me then?" her hand glided over her curled hair, where her knife sat, waiting to be used. Gripping it she his it in her sleeve.

"I thought that you would have been driven mad by now!"

"By what?" her innocent voice angered him further, he went to strike her.

"Don't even try it, there are things about me which even you cannot comprehend anymore"

"What are you going to do? Talk me to death?" he raised his hand, revealing his new hand held device.

"Hmmm, Nice... but look what I can do!" she raised her hand; concentrating hard... he flew across the room.

"Silence!!" the room was now sound proof, it would just be her and the 'god' from now on.

"How dare you do this!? I am a God!" he roared, charging at her, his force field to full velocity.

"Your not my God!" She muttered a spiel under her breath, which sent him flying further and harder into the wall.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Why? Have you forgotten already? I thought you were going to remember executing the 'thorn in your side' it was once of the best moments of your miserable little life!! Well I'm here to make it even more miserable and pay for what you did!!" watched him cower, knowing full well that he had a plan up his sleeve.

"We could make a plan, I could make you a goddess, give your power beyond your wildest dreams! We could rule this pitiful excuse for a solar system together!" she drew nearer, waiting to see him make his move.

"You kill a child, Cassandra, she could do nothing to hurt you, she was twelve years old..."

"The Brunette, she was cowering behind a Red head wasn't she? Was that her mother? My Jaffa killed the mother first, just to prepare the child for what was about to come, she cried out for all of you, especially you... oohh, I heard this story, Nirti boasted, the child I had sent with a bomb? Didn't you want to keep her? How sad...." he was bullying her.. And it was working, she felt tears burn her eyes, and the anger bubble, but she would give into it, she wouldn't make a stupid mistake out of anger like he thought she would.

"Then there was Sha're, a beautiful women, Liked conquering her..." her hand reached out to strike him, the stupid mistake she swore not to make had happened, he had her wrist in a an iron grip, even with her fighting ability, she found it extremely difficult to fight back once in his grip.

"Now, I have a Gou'ald with your name on it.." he was pushing her over to a small throng in the corner of the room, but this one had straps, pulling her into it he placed them around her, tightening them.

"Now, where was I? Oh yes" his evil grin returned, her heart dropped, she had failed.

The group of women were sat in the 'dressing room' again, silently, looking at their surroundings and jumping at any slight sound, frightened it was their execution.

It caused a stir when the doors opened, two guards had brought Lar'shra in, wearing what looked like a black cloak, the hood fallen, displaying her red eyes, sore from crying, at being rejected.

"Lar'shra?" One of the girls called, walking over to her friend, pulling her into her arms, as she sobbed hysterically.

" Piper, he chose Piper..."

SG-1 guessed this was the alias carter had gone by, their guts wrenched, looking to one another it seemed action needed to be taken. Moving so, they each stood beside by each of the true guards, waiting for a signal from the colonel.

He nodded his head.

Acting quickly Rya'c and Amy used their staff weapons, hitting the jaffa in the stomach, shocking them with pain in their pouches before hitting them in the face, knocking them unconscious.

The women screamed, scrambling together.

Amy, removing her mask spoke to them.

"Please, don't worry, we're here to get you out of here and out to safety, you have to trust us..."

"Trust is highly over-rated' a bitter voice muttered, Amy immediately recognised it as Lar's.

"She had to do it, it was the plan, she didn't want to hurt anyone."

"Too late"

Amy sighed, the other women were now becoming cooperative, listening to her commanding officer, he was telling them how to get out of the building safely, until finally giving into them and allowing Rya'c to escort them.

"Amy... I need you to go with them, if Rya'c gets out numbered..."

She smiled.

"Just bring her back ok?"

He nodded, opening the door, then disappearing.

"Hmmm, now where to start? Of course, I can't make you my wife before torturing you a little? Maybe let you die a few times, adds.... character"

Struggling against the restraints, Sam cursed and swore at him, threatening him in many new and colourful ways.

"Really Samantha, that's not very nice" she spat at him.

"O'Neill really was a pest, honestly, walking around thinking he was the perfect specimen of good, thinking he could outsmart me, didn't work in the end really did it?"

"He was a better man than you could ever strive to be"

He smiled evilly.

"Who would want to be a man when you could be me?"

"Just kill me, get it over with."

"Now here I was thinking that you paid attention, that is now what I want, I would rather conquer you and have control of those delicious powers you seem to possess"

"Not going to happen" he slapped her across the face; she could taste the copper of blood in her mouth.

"I see you still haven't lost your acid tongue... speaking of acid" he reached for a small vile next to him, opening the lid menacingly he poured a drop on the floor, stretching over she could see a hole where there had once been a solid two foot piece of metal floor.

Cringing she thought about what he was going to do.

He stepped closer, the bottle poised over her arm, near the elbow.

Slowly a drop fell, concentrating hard on the acid she pushed it with her mind, making it fall onto the metal restrains holding her right wrist.

Moving her hand to the back of the chair, she felt the button to open the rest, pushing it hard and diving out of the way when the system lord jumped at her.

"Confounded women, you want to fight? Have it your way" turning his force field to full pelt, he charged his hand device, sending a blast.

Hiding behind a pillar, it just missed her; she literally felt the warmth pass her face. What was she going to do now? She had no clue as how to defeat him; her mind seemed to be a total blank, all she could think of was revenge and hate.

"Don't, that will be your downfall" jumping slightly she looked down, to find a small child, but now just any child, Cassandra.

"Cassie?" she whispered, he heart leaping into her throat.

"What are you doing here... your ..."

"Samantha you have to listen to me, its all inside of you, your goodness is what unlocks it, don't become like him, don't fall pray to hate and revenge, you were able to strike out at him with it, but it rendered you useless and weak after, do this for everyone, for all the planets and people lives he has destroyed, do it for yourself last..."

"Cass..."

"Please Sam, promise me..."

"I Promise"

"Where are you Bitch!!" a male voice roared behind her.

Turning round to see how far the voice actually was, and turning round again she found her young friend gone.

"No. Cassie"

"Ready to give up already? Must be new record."

A new determination grew inside her; She felt a transformation, an energy.

A bright light blinded Apophis, burning his eyes momentarily.

A figure stood before him now, dressed in a white shift, with a crescent moon crown strapped across her forehead, as well as one across her arm.

Angered he started throwing as many blasts at her as possible, six, seven, ten more, but none seemed to hit her. Grabbing a staff weapon near his throne, he charged it up, doing again as before. Still to no effect. Tiring he picked up the bottle of acid, grinning as though he had won he tossed it at her. His smile faded when the vile stopped in mid air, before traveling back in his direction. Dodging out of the way, he barely missed it by a few millimeters.

"What is this trickery?" he bellowed, breathing heavily after trying to keep up to her pace.

"Magic"

"Illusions" he concluded.

"Would an illusion be able to do this?" pulling a scarf from the wall she whispered an incantation, turning the fabric into a very alive snake, which wiggled and hissed to get a way to attack something.

"Again, trickery" She smiled now, at his nervousness.

"We end this now"

He nodded; pulling a knife from his belt, hate flickering in his eyes. He charged towards her, only inches away he readied himself to thrust the knife deep into her gut; only to find himself being forced to his knee's by an unseen force, the knife forced from his hand.

"Apophis, Gou'ald and evil doer, you are found guilty of making hell for all of mankind, how do you plead"

"Not guilty" he hissed, Fighting hard against the powers.

"You are also guilty of murder, mass and selective, how do you plead?"

"Not guilty"

"You are found to be an extreme pain in the ..."

"You may believe me to be horrid and extreme, but look how far it has gotten me? am I to be blamed for trying to survive?"

"If that's your only argument?"

"No...."

"Then I judge you, for all the crimes you have committed against the galaxy, against man women and child, I judge and sentence you to death"

Holding her hand over his head, he began to mutter:

The time is here
He has been judged
Where he goes will hold him forever
The world will be safer
The galaxy happy
Take him forever
The one before me.

For a moment nothing happened, she prayed that she had done it right, that it would work, that's when ghost like figures showed, swirling around the soon to be ex-system lord, he looked panicked and begin to thrash at them.

Watching him intently, something unexpected happened.

She hadn't seen it coming, she was so busy trying to punish him that he hadn't heard.... she hadn't heard any one else enter the room, she hadn't seen him until he was standing right behind the judged, until Apophis had made his move, because he had noticed, he had sensed, and worst of all, he knew she hadn't and used it against her, that's why she reacted the way she did, she why she now how a knife buried deep within her gut.

"Oh God, Sam...." James cried, anger coursing through his vain, about the situation, of how he had distracted her, how Apophis had used it against her, trying to stab him, but she stopped the knife touching him, instead she was bleeding.

"Shh...." her voice sounded weak, it never had before, when she had tried to.... in fact, she didn't remember the shadows of the room, until nothing was left.

Another strange thing happened though, a golden light rose from the ground and entered the blade, turning it a blood red colour.

"What's happening?" the colonel questioned.

"Its not over" she answered, feeling weak again, but trying to stand.

"What?"

"We need to get to the gate, dial home..."

"Sam, your not making.."

"Sense? Believe me there's no time, we need to get there say our goodbyes and go.."

"Goodbyes? what do you mean? why? Where are you going?"

She smiled, begging him to walk her there, him supporting her heavily while she explained.

"This was just the training, I had to prove that I was still pure of heart to avenge the pain and suffering of others and not just for me, only then would I be able to truly be ready to kill him, I have to go back now, this has all been a training period, I can go back, make things better, save millions of planets from the pain that HE will cause..."

When they reached the 'gate, the rest of their team were waiting, it seemed that all of the women but Lar had gone, she was being comforted by Amy, who seemed to be trying to calm her down.

"Of course you can come back with us, if your sure you don't want to go back..."

"They will not care for me, I have failed, it is more likely I would be stoned to death than embraced..."

Smiling at her slightly she felt the anger radiate off Lar, although there also seemed to be an understanding from the young women as well, no doubt Amy had sorted her out on the explanations.

"Pip...Samantha, you are hurt" Lar stated, concerned.

"Yeah, you know me.... look Lar.."

"I understand" that was all that needed to be said.

"...We are ready to depart" Rya'c spoke, breaking the silence.

They all nodded, looking around at their surrounding starting to get worried, soon the Jaffa would realise what had happened and would be coming here.

"The doc will sort you out..."Amy muttered, looking at the wound with worry, and at the knife in her friends had.

"Sorry, to disappoint, but this is where we separate" Everyone but the colonel gave her a surprised look.

"What do you mean?" Amy squeaked.

"James will explain, but I'm going... Back"

"Back?"

"Yep, try to change time and all, you know."

"..But that means we won't remember this, it won't have happened.." Amy felt a sob in her throat.

"Think of it as a blessing" this was the wrong thing to say Sam realised when her companion began to cry.

"I won't forget you... I know that the future will be ok in your hands, just look after yourselves ok?" reaching in the shift she pulled out the name tags she had brought with her.

"I want you to have these, I never thought I would have the privilege to call another SG team my family, and I know that they would have been proud to know each and everyone of you..." she handed them out.

They punched in to the co-ordinates to Earth; Amy went first with Lar, after hugging her departing friend first. Then it was the colonels turn, he did what she hadn't expected, and kissed her, full on the lips before leaving with saying goodbye, but then in his own way he had.

Turning to Rya'c, she felt her tears begin to fall. Hugging him as tight as her stomach would let her, she sobbed slightly.

"I'll give you more memories and time spent with him, I promised" referring to his father, he nodded, waving goodbye to her as he entered the event horizon. I t then disengaged.

Falling to her knees in front of the DHD she allowed her self to cry for a brief moment, long and hard as it felt, she was going back, and would have to hurry, her side would probably render her unconscious at any time.

Weakly pushing the address she felt herself slow, only a few more seconds, finally engaged, dragging herself along the ground she managed to make it, before rolling into the event horizon, passing out.

January 2002

"Unauthorized gate arrival, iris not functioning..." the klaxon rang, waking Major carter from her slumber, granted it wasn't very comfortable due to it being taken at her desk but that was beyond the point.

Looking at her clock she groaned, 30 minutes sleep, wonderful.

Moving to turn her desk light on she instead found something sharp, filching slightly she grabbed which seemed to be the handle. Moving it into some light, she discovered it to be a blade, a blood red....

As if possessed her memorised came flooding back, plaguing her, knocking her to the floor with its intensity.

"Hey love!! Come on, we're needed in the gate room, she heard Jack's voice bellow through the door, gasping she scrambled to open it.

There he was, her husband.

Throwing herself in his arms she held back her tears of joy, they could be shed if this was taken through successfully, until then she would have to try and act normal.

"Woah. You ok?" she nodded starting to run to the gate room at full pelt, he could hardly keep up with her.

"Everyone out!!!!! " she ordered the lined up soldiers, but they didn't seem to listen, as the gate came closer to engaging she became panicked, they weren't listening, the general was looking down on her oddly.

"Please..."

"Major, I don't know what you are playing at..." he threatened, there was no time! Waving her hand, she sent each line of men out of the door, before locking her self in.

"Carter!!!!" Jack was shouting through the thick doors. "Major!"

"I'm sorry general, but I can't let it end the same way..." he looked puzzled, but then horrified as Apophis appeared through the stargate.

"What's this? A welcoming party?" he quipped, sending his jaffa towards her.

Clenching her fists, she produced fireballs, hitting each guard, killing them instantly. Apophis' smile disappeared, send a zat charge at her she fell unconscious to the ground, smiling he moved closer to her, until he was inches away.

As quick as a cat she had thrust the dagger still in her hand into his heart, he screamed with pain.

He couldn't seem to believe that his plan had failed, even as his body slowly became a dark shadow, which was then removed by other spirits, his eyes were filled with hate and disgust all directed at her, although there was happiness and thanks in them as well, from the host that he had tortured with his presence for so long, his soul seemed to glow and travel separately.

"I'm free" whispered hardly believing it, no more heart ache, now she could live her life, although she would have some explaining to do, but she didn't mind, she would tell them over and over again forever if it meant that they never left her side.

It was over, there would be no more nightmares, she had her life back, although a longing was still inside her, to see the friends that she had made and left behind in the future again, would their lives ever be the same again? She hoped so, and she hoped that their spirits would travel a journey together again some day.

"Amy love, I know you love history and this place, but really, this is getting to become an obsession..." Colonel James Bass teased his heavily pregnant wife.

"I know, but wouldn't it have been cool to have known them? Could you imagine what they could teach us?" she asked in awe.

He kissed his wife's head softly.

"No, I don't need any of them, all I need is you, now come on, or we'll be late to pick Jack up from school" she smiled, thinking about their son always brought a smile on her face.

Walking way hand in hand the couple bantered slightly about what they would call their newest child.

"How about Samantha for a girl?...."

THE END

I hope you liked it, I know it took me ages to finish, but I had so many other endings floating about my mind, although I am actually quite happy with this one, and I hope you are too.

Please tell me what you thought.

Lynsey.

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Lynsey