Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

35 Days Lost

by Kira Rothery
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
35 Days Lost

35 Days Lost

by Kira Rothery

Summary: Doctor Frasier goes off world to help the inhabitants of an alien world only to find her services are needed in more than once place.
Category: Drama
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Janet/other
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 05/19/03

Title: 35 Days Lost.
Author: Kira Rothery
Email: aquaria@theaquaria.net
Character: Janet Frasier and Jonas Quinn (and SG-1) Type of story: Drama
Pairings: Janet/Jonas
Category: Drama
Completed: 17th May 2003
Series: Possible sequel to follow.
Archive: Yes - I'm posting to Heliopolis, fanfiction.net and a few others, email me if you have somewhere.
Spoilers: Anything before mid Season 6
Rating: G
Content Warnings: None

Summary: Doctor Frasier goes off world to help the inhabitants of an alien world only to find her services are needed in more than once place.

Disclaimer: Stargate and its characters are the property of the series creators and original writers. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. Not to be archived without my permission.

Author's Note: This is my first story so don't bite, friendly feedback is welcome.

Stargate Command - Corridor
Day 1 - 0415 hours

The usual sound of the base sirens echoed though the corridor, the flashing red strobe of the alarms gave everything a sense that more urgency was needed.

General George Hammond walked quickly down the corridor, turning right as he reached the end and joining up with Doctor Janet Frasier who was coming from another corridor as he went.

"Any idea what's going on, sir?" Janet asked as they met

"Not a clue, all I know is that the emergency started in the Infirmary" General Hammond informed his chief medical officer.

"Oh, and I thought this was going to be one of those nights where I could sleep away my duty times." She joked as they hurried up yet another corridor and into the infirmary.

Inside the infirmary someone stood shouting at one of the nurses, the poor nurse he had chosen had only been working on the base for a few weeks and was a little worried at how she should approach the unknown man. She knew he shouldn't be there in the first place and the fact that he was covered in spots didn't help how scared she was right then.

"What's going on Emma?" Janet demanded more than requested. She had left the young nurse in charge hoping nothing serious would happen.

"SG-13 brought this man back thought the gate, Ma'am, but he won't let me get close enough to check out the spots." Emma replied, wondering if she could escape the eyes of her superior and the General who had entered the room with her.

"I wanted you to check these out; their whole city seems to be covered with these. They look like chicken pox"

Janet stepped closer to the unknown visitor slipping on gloves she had pulled from a nearby box. She took hold of his arm when she was close enough and started her examination.

"You definitely have chicken pox, nothing to worry about; just don't scratch unless you want to be covered in scars." She smiled

"What is chicken pox? Is it dangerous?" He asked, panicking a little.

"Calm down, they're nothing to worry about unless you've had them before, and it sounds like you haven't. If you're that worried, I recommend you stay here for a few days. Emma can give you something to put on the spots to ease the itching and something to help your body fight them."

The stranger lay back on one of the bed slightly relaxed feeling that he would be safe and well in the hands of these people.

Janet turned to General Hammond and the commander of SG-13.

"Sir?" she asked

"Anything to worry about, Doctor?"

"No Sir, it's just a case of the chicken pox. Even those on the base who've never had them before shouldn't get them if we keep him in an isolation room."

"How bad was the population of his world, Colonel?" The General asked turning to the man responsible for bringing the ill stranger on base.

"Pretty bad, Sir. Almost everyone has this and they're all suffering because they have no idea how to treat it. They could really do with some help."

"I'll take it under advisement, Colonel. Dismissed."

The two officers saluted each other and the Colonel and his team left the infirmary.

"Doctor, gather what supplies you may need and someone to accompany you to this world should I authorise this mission. SG-1 will accompany you. I'll let you know in a few hours."

"Yes Sir" Janet confirmed, then turned to Emma who was helping the stranger with the cream to stop his itching. Giving her orders to gather the appropriate supplies, she made her way to her office.

Stargate Command - Gate Room
Day 1 - 0900 hours

"Ready Doc?" Colonel Jack O'Neill asked pulling on his cap.

"Almost, just missing one vital thing."

Colonel O'Neill looked quickly around the gate room then back at the small doctor raising an eyebrow in question.

"My nurse, Sir." She informed him as she handed him a surgery mask and gloves. "Put these on please, I don't want to have to treat shingles as well." She added then moved on to give Major Samantha Carter and Jonas Quinn the same equipment.

The doors to the gate room slid open and the nervous nurse from the night before stepped carefully into the room. She was no longer in her medical uniform, she was kitted out much the same as SG-1 and Doctor Frasier, ready to go off world. She looked around the room at the men assembled. She hadn't yet met SG-1 as they had been on stand down when she started and had only recently been recalled to active duty.

She froze when her eyes fell on the active gate. The shimmering blue water of the open wormhole made her more scared than she had been moments before entering the room. She watched as a tall black man with a strange symbol on his forehead navigated a F.R.E.D machine up the ramp and into the pool of water.

"Emma, we need to go." Janet called to her from the start of the ramp.

"I don't think I can do this." She said backing away slightly.

Janet stepped off the ramp and went over to her nurse.

"Emma, we need to go now. I don't have time to find another nurse to go along with us." She paused smiling and following Emma's locked eyes back to the gate. "It's not as bad as it looks, it's actually really fun." She smiled. "Look, you see that guy there, spiky hair, smiling, that's Jonas. He has travelled though that gate no less than a hundred times since he's been here. Major Carter there, strong woman that she is, have been though 3 if not 4 times as many as Jonas, as has Colonel O'Neill." She paused as the Colonel waved at the pair. "And the big scary looking teddy bear up in the back is Teal'c. He's been though a couple thousand times in his years. They're all fine, in perfect health, and so will you be. Now, I need some help with these people and if you don't go with us now, we won't be going anywhere for a few more hours, and a few more hours..."

"... can be fatal to someone's life." Emma finished, remembering the talk she'd been given when she first arrived on the base. A talk about thinking too much and not acting quickly enough. Emma took a deep breath and headed towards the ramp to the gate, stepping up beside Teal'c she looked up at him and asked

"How many times have you done this?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow and looking down at the young nurse said, "Far too many times." before stepping though the gate behind Sam and Jonas.

"Let's go." Colonel O'Neill said stepping up to one side of her and taking her arm while Janet did the same on her other side. Together they guided her though the gate.

Alien Planet - Stargate
Days 1 through 20

SG-1, Doctor Frasier and Nurse Emma Sven stepped out the other side of the gate and looked around checking out the area.

"SG-13 said that Trivali's town is about an hour walk from here, so let's get moving kids." Jack said before heading off in the direction of the town leaving Teal'c to control the F.R.E.D and the others to follow on.

It didn't take long once they'd arrived at the town to be welcomed and set up base camp. Janet and Emma selected a few of the towns people to treat first, checking for problems and making sure the treatment be effective before they would move onto the rest of the towns people.

It was well over a week before they could start treating the townspeople. While they were doing their tests they kept everyone comfortable with a cream that eased the itching.

In the course of that week many supplies had been requested from Stargate Command. Jack and Teal'c always welcomed the trip to the gate. When they were not needed to collect supplies they scouted out around the area looking for... well anything of interest. Jack needed something to keep him occupied, otherwise he felt like he was on another babysitting job.

At the beginning of the third week, General Hammond allowed four other nurses to travel to the planet to assist the Doctor.

Jack and Sam were the first on the list to return to base, submit their reports and shower; they would be ready to travel back to the planet the next day.

Stargate Command - Control Room
Day 21 - 1000 hours

The alarms of the base echoed though the corridors down to the gate room where the gate had just been activated. Up in the control room, General Hammond, Jack and Sam had just entered upon the request of the technician in control of the dialling device.

"What is it, Sergeant?" Hammond demanded.

"Incoming transmission from PX3-332, Sir." The technician reported.

"Let's hear it."

"General Hammond?" Jonas's voice shot though the speakers he sounded rushed and out of breath.

"Go ahead, Jonas"

"Sir, we weren't informed of the time Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter would return here sir, so Teal'c suggested that we notify you immediately." Jonas stopped to catch his breath then continued. "Sir, at 0800 this morning, Doctor Frasier was discovered to be missing from her tent. Teal'c, myself and two of the medics have been searching for her since with no clues or sign as to where she went. Sir, there is nowhere in the area for her to go, and the locals haven't seen her since last night."

"Jonas, what do you mean `missing'?" Sam asked worried about her close friend.

"Gone Major. Emma woke this morning to find her gone; reported to the medic tent and discovered that she wasn't there either. Then she came looking for me or Teal'c. We immediately searched the local area. Teal'c and the others started search further out while I came to notify you."

"Sir, permission to go back to the planet an hour earlier than planned?" Jack requested seeing the panicked look on Sam face.

"Granted Colonel, be ready to go in 10 minutes." Hammond agreed then turned back to the still open gate.

"Jonas, remain by the gate, Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter will return in 10 minutes."

"Yes Sir" Jonas acknowledged before the gate closed and communications were cut off.

Alien Planet - Stargate
Day 21 - 1020 hours

Jack and Sam stepped though the gate to the alien planet, a scene they remembered leaving only 20 hours before. Jonas stood by the DHD waiting for them.

"I'm sorry, Colonel, I didn't know what else to do after we'd searched the town." Jonas reported following Jack as he carried on walking away from the gate and towards the town in question.

"Teal'c. Report!" He ordered though the radio and listed to the report coming in from the Jaffa.

"We have searched the entire area, O'Neill. There is no sign of Doctor Frasier."

"Okay Teal'c. Anyone else who is searching, report back to base camp as soon as possible. O'Neill out."

Alien Planet - Trivali's town
Day 21 - 1130 hours

"Right, so let's go though this bit by bit. Last night..." Jack said waving his had as if to signal that the table was open for anyone to fill in the gaps.

"We went to bed at the same time. She was fine, looking forward to some rest because she'd had some problems with one of the locals not wanting to take the medication." Emma filled in.

"And this morning..." Jack enquired.

"This morning when I got up, she wasn't in her bed. I didn't think anything of it. She got up before me a few days ago, so I made my way to the medical tent but she wasn't there. I told Mark I'd be back then I checked out the food tent. She wasn't there so I went looking for Jonas or Teal'c." Emma continued.

"Nurse Sven was somewhat worried when she found me, O'Neill. She explained that she could not locate Doctor Frasier and we started searching for signs of where she may have gone."

"Right, then. We're gonna need some more help. We need to do an inch-by-inch search, study everything and everywhere till we find her. I'll contact Hammond."

Alien Planet - Unknown Location
Day 21 - 1200 hours (ish)

Doctor Janet Frasier stood looking anxiously around the room she had awoken in a few hours earlier.

It was slightly cooler in this room than outside in the sunlight. From day one, SG-1 with their additional two companions had discovered that the sun here was brighter and hotter than the hottest day back home. With this, all of them had fairly quickly stripped down to tank tops, which, unfortunately for the doctor, was all she had on the top half of her body now.

The room was almost bare. No clues to who had taken her from her bed during the night, but she could tell from the look of the room itself that it didn't really fit in with what she had seen in the town.

Tired of walking around the room, Janet sat back down on the bed waiting, for what she didn't know, but waiting was all she could do.

She didn't have to wait very long. Moments after she sat down, the only door in the room opened. The first thing she had done when she woke was to try to open the door, with no success. But now it opened freely, allowing a single person to step inside, an Asgard.

Janet relaxed, but that feeling quickly left her when she spotted the obvious weapon in their hand. She instinctively placed her hands in clear view of her captor.

"I am Gerd of the Asgard; I have brought you here to my laboratory because I am in need of your assistance." She was told.

"I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I thought the Asgard know that. There is no need to point your... weapon at me." Janet offered, unsure what exactly the weapon was.

"My weapon is only precautionary. I have been out of contact with the Asgard Fleet for several years as my presence here would defy a treaty with another alien race. You know of my people?"

"Yes, and your treaty with the Goa'uld." she offered as returned to her previously relaxed state. "How can I help you?"

"I am here caring for a child from a race known as the Ancients. They are a dying race and, as far as we are aware, they are only ten of them in this galaxy. Isoka has lived here for many years, and like the inhabitants of this planet, she has picked up this illness. So far, everything I have given her has been ineffective. I have been monitoring your progress with the local people."

"It's a common illness among our people, we call it Chicken Pox. It usually ends by itself, but we've been helping the local people. If I could go back to camp, I could get some Acyclovir and a few things to help her."

"I am afraid I cannot allow you to leave. I will transport the needed equipment down here, if you will wait here." Gerd said then headed towards to the door.

"My people will be looking for me." Janet spat out quickly, wondering if she would at least be able to let Jonas or Teal'c know that she was safe.

Gerd stopped and turned back to her. "I cannot allow you to contact them, our communications would be detected."

"They'll be worried. I need to at least let them know I'm ok, even if that's all I say. They'll search everywhere for me, my superiors may even stop the treatment so they have extra hands to help search."

"That is not my concern. I am not to interfere with the inhabitants of this world."

"You are interfering, by taking me, which forces my people to search, stopping their treatment."

Gerd looked as if she was stuck as to what to do next, she could not allow her to use their communications system in case of detection, but she knew the doctor was right.

"If you don't want me to use your com system, and then take my things from the tent you took me from and I'll find another way to contact them."

Gerd nodded and left the room.

Alien Planet - Stargate
Day 21 - 1400 hours

The Gate stood open the active wormhole shimmering in the bright sky of the unknown planet, the same planet that SG-1 and five medical personnel have been searching for at least an hour, Teal'c, Jonas and two of those personnel for at least an hour before that.

Sam was alone standing in front of the shimmering pool, the MALP camera pointing up to frame her worried face full of concerned for her missing friend.

"No, Sir, I don't think 3 hours is enough time to search. If the medical team have to return to the town to carry on we'll need some extra help out here." Sam made her case to General Hammond through the gate, who had moments before given the Major the conditions of the extended search, Doctor Frasier was a valued member of Stargate Command, but the resources couldn't be spared forever to search for her.

"Major, I know how close you are to Doctor Frasier, but there is a point where we will need to stop searching if we don't find any signs of where she went." General Hammond restated his case.

"But, Sir, it's only been 6 hours, and most of that time is travel to and from the gate. We need more searching time and more people to search with." She pleaded

"Carter" The Voice of Colonel O'Neill floated in over the radio

"Jonas went back to the sleeping tents to see if there was any signs there, the doc's clothes and equipment have gone. He's asking around to find out if anyone saw her come back for them." He reported.

"Major, report back to me in one hour when you have more information about the Doctors belongings. Hammond out." General Hammond ordered before the gate shut down.

Major Carter made herself comfortable by the MALP before activating her radio.

"Sir, I have to report back in one hour, I'm gonna stay by the gate, keep me informed."

"Will do, Major, oh and Sam" Jack said and waited to check she was really listening.

"Yeah Colonel"

"We'll find her!" He said calmly hoping to sooth her.

Alien Planet - Trivali's town
Day 21 - 1410 hours

Jonas stepped into the medical tent looking around for the doctor. He was under the impression she had returned to collect her things while he and everyone else were off looking for her. Stepping inside, there were only the 2 people left to make sure nothing went missing, they looked worried to him.

"Hey, have either of you seen Doctor Frasier? Her things are missing from the sleeping tents!" He asked studying their faces.

"No, she hasn't been in here, but other things are gone too." One of the local people, the first to be treated spoke up, he was looking much better than he had when Jonas first met him three weeks ago.

"What things?"

"Well, erm, there were four boxes of supplies over in the corner and now there are only three, and the open crate of medicine has gone as well." The other said while trying hard not to scratch the last of her chicken pox.

Jones took a quick look around the tent for them, then looking back to the pair he asked:

"And Doctor Frasier didn't take them?" The pair shook their heads in response. "Did you both leave and come back to find them gone?" He questioned further.

"No, we've both been here all the time. We heard a weird nose I can't even describe and when we looked, they were gone." The first of them explained.

"Ok, stay here." Jonas said and stepped outside. "Colonel?" He called into the radio.

"Go ahead Jonas." The Colonels voice greeted him.

"There are more than Doctor Frasier's personal belongings gone, Sir, some of the drugs and a few boxes of medical supplies are missing too. Lien and Heale haven't left the tent, they said there was a strange sound and they were gone." Jonas reported, looking down at something he just spotted on the floor, it was a pendant from a neck chain; only it was somehow familiar to him.

Jonas bent to pick up the pendant, rubbing his fingers over it to knock off the mud that covered it. Looking intently at this item he suddenly realised where he'd seen the symbol before.

"Colonel, the locals aren't here alone." He said into his radio before he vanished from the camp.

Alien Planet - Gerd's Lab
Day 21 - 1430 hours

Janet stepped into the room behind Gerd. The child lay asleep on a bed on the far side of the room, her medical supplies stood along the wall nearest her.

She stepped over to the things that she had last seen in her tent, shifting though she located her radio, turning to Gerd with it she asked:

"Can I use this?"

Gerd regarded the item.

"I would prefer you did not"

Janet waited, watching Gerd. Then with one finger, she clicked the radio to life.

"Jonas, come back." Jack repeated a few times before saying "Teal'c, get back to town and find Jonas. Carter get back to the SGC, we need more help, now Jonas is missing too." Both Teal'c and Sam acknowledged their orders.

Janet looked back at Gerd, wondering if she knew something about Jonas. She was debating asking, and eventually gave in.

"Do you know where Jonas is?" She questioned.

"He is in one of my rooms, much the same as the one you were in."

"Why did you take him?" She asked calmer than she felt.

"He located the key to my lab; I could not allow him to find the entrance."

Janet sighed "Can you bring him here? If he's not going to be able to leave either, then I may as well have some help."

Gerd nodded and left the room, Janet was left alone, her radio in hand. Using it crossed her mind, the urge to contact Jack extremely tempting. Just to let them know they can carry on treating the locals, but fear of attracting the attention Gerd didn't want was what stopped her. With contacting the colonel fresh on her mind she decided there had to be another way. She discarded the radio

Pulling on the gloves, sorting though her supplies and picking up her pen she thought of the perfect way to let them know she was safe.

Grabbing a piece of paper she wrote out a small note:

Stop Search! Frasier and Quinn with Asgard.

She slipped the piece of paper inside the radio's holder and then placed it into her pocket before approaching the sleeping girl.

Janet was done examining her new patient when the door opened.

"Gerd, could you put this somewhere our friends will find it?" she asked as Gerd entered followed by Jonas.

"What will you gain from this" Gerd asked

"Our friends will know what it means, and hopefully stop searching for us, and we won't give away your position."

"Very well, I will do as you have asked." Gerd said then left the room.

"Erm, what's going on here?" Jonas spoke up seeing the armed Asgard leave the room.

"Gerd has been out of contact with the Asgard for longer than we've known them, she's trying to remain unknown here, but she needs help treating her." Janet informed him pointing to the child across the room.

"She's an Ancient, and she has a severe case of Chicken Pox.

"And the Asgard doesn't know how to treat it?"

"This one doesn't. She's spent her years here looking after Isoka."

"Well that explains why she took you, but what about me?"

"Apparently you found the key to get down here." The Doctor told him.

"You mean this?" Jonas asked pulling the symbol pendant from his pocket and handing it to her.

"This looks familiar." She said turning the pendant around and over in her hands. "It's broken" she commented.

"I found it like that." Jonas said.

"No, Jonas, the part that keeps it on a chain is broken, Isoka has a chain around her neck with no pendant, this is hers"

"This symbol was found in an Ancient cartouche by Doctor Jackson. It's a symbol he explained as `The joining of the four great races' something that only has meaning to the Asgard, the Ancients, the Nox and the Ferling." Jonas explained. His eyes lit with excitement, the Ancients were the original gate builders and the fact that this child held the symbol could mean that she knew all the Ancients ever knew. Janet couldn't help but smile as his face lit up with excitement.

Alien Planet - Stargate
Day 21 - 1800 hours

The unstable wormhole matter shot out form the gate then retreated quickly back forming the stable vortex. Moments later a single person stepped though the gate, Major Samantha Carter had returned. Stepping off the platform the gate was on, she looked around her, noting the new position of the MALP they had been forced to move earlier that day to send out a UAV. She spotted something resting against it.

Closing the distance between her and the object, she bent to pick it up. Confused by its presence there she switched on her own radio and activated it.

"Colonel O'Neill?" She asked, now studying the item.

"Welcome back Carter, how was the good General?" Jack's voice came floating back.

"Reluctant to send help, Sir, so reluctant he refused. Sir, has anyone been out of contact lately?"

"Negative Major, other than Jonas and Doc Frasier all of the search party are accounted for, why do you ask?"

"Hold on sir." While she had been listening to the Colonel she had spotted a piece of paper carefully hidden within the item. Putting the item in her pocket she unfolded the scrap of paper and read it quickly.

"Sir, I found Janet's radio." She reported.

"Carter, could you repeat that, I think my ears are full of leaves."

"I have Janet's radio sir, with a note attached. It was laying by the MALP when I came back though, Sir, the note is in her handwriting."

"Ok, everyone back to base camp lets see what it says."

Alien Planet - Base Camp
Day 21 - 1930 hours

"Asgard?" Jack questioned, re-reading the note found over an hour ago by Sam.

"Perhaps there is a secret lab on this world much the same as Heimedall had" Teal'c offered.

"If so, why take one person then later take another, why not just ask us for help." Sam posed.

"Well that would be the first thing we need to find out. Teal'c, you and Sven should take your turn to go back home. Get cleaned up and submit your reports and what-knots and while you're there Teal'c, fill Hammond in. Show him the note, suggest contacting Thor. Carter and I will stay here and help the medics with the locals. Let's go." Jack said before getting up and heading to the medical tent to check on the medics.

Stargate Command - Gate Room
Day 22 - 2100 hours

A day after General Hammond had sent a message to the Asgard, the calm quiet base of the SGC suddenly lit up with red as an incoming traveller emerged from the suddenly open vortex.

Thor walked down the ramp as General Hammond entered the room.

"Units stand down." He ordered "Thor, thank you for coming."

"It is my pleasure, General Hammond. The Asgard is pleased to assist you" Thor replied.

"If you'll come this way I'll be glad to explain our reason for requesting your help."

Thor followed the General to the conference room and made himself comfortable in one of the chairs that lined the table. Teal'c entered the room a few moments later and took a seat opposite him bowing his head in respect.

"Three weeks ago, SG-1 accompanied by Doctor Frasier visited a world with the intention of aiding its people recover from an illness common to Earth. Yesterday morning, Doctor Frasier disappeared from her bed, followed later by Jonas Quinn and last night we found her radio with this note attached." General Hammond handed Thor the paper.

"What is your designation for this world?" Thor requested

"PX3-332" Teal'c answered his small grey friend.

"There is indeed a lab on that world, run by the Asgard Gerd. No contact has been made with Gerd for the past eight years. I believe they have taken only the Doctor and Jonas Quinn so there is no chance of being overtaken by your people."

"If I may ask Thor, what is the purpose of this lab?" The General asked

"Gerd has lived on the planet caring for a child of the Ancients. There are only fourteen that we know of in this region of space, but this child is one of great importance."

"She may well be ill." Teal'c remarked.

"As I said Thor, we went there to treat the people of the planet. Doctor Frasier was taken only after some of the local people responded to the treatment."

"Gerd may have had trouble treating the Ancient child and has taken your Doctor Frasier in hopes that her methods will be effective." Thor suggested.

"Thor, we can help, but chances are, with the limited equipment Doctor Frasier has, she might have trouble helping Gerd. We need to be able to at least contact the Doctor, give her more supplies and more help."

"Jonas Quinn may be of assistance to her General Hammond." Teal'c suggested.

"With respect to Jonas, he is limited help to the Doctor."

"I will send an encoded message to Gerd explaining our alliance and that Doctor Frasier can help but will need to have contact with you for supplies" Thor offered before standing up. "But it will, however, take two days for the message to reach Gerd; we will need to make sure the Goa'uld cannot follow it."

"Thank you, Thor; your help is always appreciated." General Hammond said showing his visitor back to the gate room so he could return home.

Alien Planet - Gerd's lab
Day 23 - 2300 hours

Doctor Janet Frasier sat at the desk that has been placed in the room for her, she was re-reading her notes, she had already read them about 20 times, but once more could give her the answer she was looking for.

"You're not concentrating, are you?" The voice startled her from the page and she suddenly realised that what was said was true. Looking up at Isoka, she smiled at the observant child and shook her head. Isoka watched her for a little while longer before asking the question she was dying to know the answer to since the two strangers had been left to care for her. "You like him, don't you."

Janet looked at the 8-year old Ancient child. She had maturity as if she was old enough to be ancient, but at the same time childlike qualities were inflected in the way she spoke. Remembering the pendant and chain, Janet got up from her chair and headed over to Isoka's side.

"I don't know, I can't help watching him, but..." she sighed, then realised she was talking to a child.

"I'm older than you think." Isoka said smiling at her; "I've lived here on this planet for 140 years before Gerd came to care for me." Janet's face changed from wonder to shock.

"Really?" she asked.

"No, but you were beginning to reconsider talking to me. I am only eight years old, but my people pass on knowledge to their offspring so I know a lot more than you do right now."

"Thanks for making me feel better." Janet smiled at Isoka. That childlike face was no more innocent that her own 15 year old daughter.

"You love him, Doctor; I see it when he's in the same room as you. Eight years old or not, I can tell the difference. And I think he feels the same for you, he's just a little better at hiding it." Isoka smiled before yawning.

"You should sleep; the Acyclovir isn't working on you. I need to find something I can give you to help." She said receiving a nod from Isoka, she returned to the desk and began to read her notes again.

Feeling the strain of the day, Janet's head slowly slipped down onto the table. She had been working since six a.m. that day and with all the tests she has done, she still couldn't work out why Isoka wasn't responding to the drug she was given.

Jonas stepped into the room rubbing his eyes, he had woken up with the feeling that something was wrong and, not finding her in her own bed, he came looking for her.

Stepping into the room, he saw her head down on the desk and smiled before approaching.

"Doctor Frasier?" He whispered shaking her slightly, she stirred. "Janet?" he said a little louder, she groaned and tried to lift her head but gave up and went back to the desk.

"Ok Janet, time for bed" He said reaching out and picking her up. Being careful not to let her head slip off his shoulder, he headed out of the room. She didn't move all the way back to her room, instead she was lost in thoughts of what it felt like to be in his strong arms as he walked carefully down the corridor.

She was so relaxed when he reached her room; her heart almost skipped a beat as he placed her on the bed and gently kissed her forehead. She didn't know why he done that, but she really didn't care, she was ready to take her chances. Feeling him back away from her she knew she was running out of time and had to find the courage and energy to call out to him

"Jonas, don't go." she pleaded with him, barely able to move.

"I don't think I..." Jonas began but was cut off.

"Please, Jonas, don't leave me."

Jonas took a step towards her again, he had never seen her like this, and it was beginning to worry him. Stepping forward until he reached her, Jonas reached out and touched her forehead, it was hot.

"Janet, you're burning up."

"I don't feel good Jonas; I don't want to be alone." She said opening her eyes and looking up at him. "Please don't leave me." She asked him again looking into his eyes, she was instantly lost in his worried eyes.

Jonas gave in and climbed into the bed next to her. Surprised when she moved closer to him, he soon relaxed. Snuggled up close to him, Janet easily slipped into a pleasant dream while feeling his arms wrapped protectively around her.

Alien Planet - Base Camp
Day 24 - 0700 hours

"Thor will send a message to Gerd. As soon as the message reaches her, we should hear from Doctor Frasier or Jonas Quinn, although this might not happen until tomorrow." Teal'c said stepping into the main tent of the town.

"Well hello there Teal'c, nice to see you again, how was Earth? Still there I trust" Jack said loving the welcoming Teal'c does so well.

Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"The Earth has not moved O'Neill, did something happen to suggest it would have?"

Sam couldn't help but laugh. After a look from Jack she stopped and asked, "So what are our orders for now Teal'c"

"General Hammond has asked that we remain and help the local people until Doctor Frasier or Jonas Quinn contacts us." Teal'c reported.

"Ok, here we stay." Jack confirmed.

Back to their old routine, Jack and Teal'c roamed the grounds, only this time their idea was looking to some way to enter the lab held by the Asgard. Sam stayed in the medical tent with the medical team helping and providing a little support.

Alien Planet - Gerd's Lab
Day 25 - 0700 hours

Jonas woke even more tangled up with Janet than he had been the night before. She had her head against his chest while resting on his right arm. His left arm was resting underneath her t-shirt across her hip his hand resting on the small of her back. He could feel the heat from her. Both of Janet's arms held him tightly around the waist and their legs were interlocked together.

Pulling his left arm up he carefully stroked away the few stray hairs that had fallen across her face and gently ran his fingers down her cheek and neck. She still had a fever, only now, to go with the fever, she had two or three small red spots on her neck. Jonas rested his head back down; there was no way she could look after Isoka now. He doubted she would even be well enough to tell him what to do.

Jonas closed his eyes but quickly opened them again as he heard the door open for Gerd to enter. Gerd's only intentions were to deposit the food she had brought them and leave, but as she headed to the door she was stopped by Jonas's voice.

"Gerd, there's a small problem." Gerd stepped into Jonas's view but said nothing. "Janet's sick. She has the same disease as Isoka. I need to take her home. We can send someone else to help you, but you need to let us go." Jonas told her.

"I cannot allow you to leave; you know the location of this lab." Gerd pointed out knowing only too well that Jonas had used the console in Isoka's room to gain information.

"Gerd, we are not your enemy, we won't tell anyone. We won't even tell our superiors if you don't want us to. We respect the Asgard. Commander Thor could tell you that."

"I am not able to contact the Asgard fleet. You will have to care for Doctor Frasier and Isoka." Gerd told him and turned to leave.

"I don't know how, I'm not medical, I'm scientific. I need someone to tell me what to do, even if they aren't here." Jonas said now worried that Gerd would no longer listen to his reasons to leave. And Jonas was right; Gerd simply left the room while he was talking. Jonas just rested his head back down and closed his eyes again, pulling Janet closer to him, he kissed her forehead again and whispered "You'll be ok, Janet."

Hours passed. Jonas stayed were he was and when Janet had woken he simply told her to go back to sleep, he wasn't going to move nor was he going to make her move. Janet had been thankful for this small order and had snuggled back against his chest. She sighed and breathed in his aroma. As intoxicating as he was, she couldn't help but wonder what life with him would really be like. She had known him for less than a year and every second they had spent together he had smiled at her and joked with her and above all, treated her like a woman, something very few people could do, they were too wrapped up in the `Doctor' part.

She had shifted in and out of consciousness though out the morning, and every time she woke she had smiled at the fact that she was still in his arms. To her this was the safest place to be. Not even with her exhusband had she felt this safe and relaxed.

At 1200 hours, Gerd entered the room and stepped around into Jonas's view.

"You have not moved from this bed, Isoka may become worse if you do not help her." She stated watching for Jonas's reaction.

"I don't know how to help her and I don't know how to help Janet. You need to let at least one of us go, we are not your enemy. I would love to help Isoka, but I don't know how."

"Jonas." Janet had stirred hearing the conversation going on above her. "Help me up, I can help her." She told him.

"No, you're not well." Jonas refused.

"Then I'll tell you what to do." Janet offered. She knew refusing to help would only cause problems with not just Gerd, but possibly the rest of the Asgard as well.

"Ok." Jonas gave in and began to get up. He used the blanket that was originally on the bed to wrap around Janet before picking her up and carrying her into Isoka's room. He placed her carefully in the chair he had taken her from the night before and looked around the room. As he looked over to Isoka he noticed she was awake. Jonas took a step forward but was stopped by Janet's hand on his arm.

"Gloves and Mask before you approach. I don't think it's a good idea for you to get sick as well." She told him before resting her head back on the desk while he went to talk to the girl he was going to hopefully help.

Approaching Isoka, Jonas smiled although hidden behind the mask he knew it would help.

"Hey there." Jonas started, seeing her look slightly afraid of him. She had talked to Janet, but Jonas was rarely allowed to stay long enough in the room. He stopped at a good distance away knowing that slowly approaching was the best way to keep her calm. "Erm, Hi, I'm Jonas. Janet's sick so I'm gonna be looking after you now." Isoka didn't move or take her eyes from him except to steal a glance at Janet.

The door opened suddenly and Gerd stepped in, Gerd gave a message to Isoka that Jonas didn't understand because Gerd spoke in Asgard, then to Jonas she said: "I have received a message from the Asgard fleet. They have informed me that you are indeed allies of theirs and were able to tell me both your names. I believe you are friend not foe; however I still cannot allow you to leave this base." Gerd stepped forward and handed Jonas his radio before continuing. "You may contact your friends for supplies and information, but no extra help will be brought down here." She informed him before leaving.

"She's just cautious." Isoka told him "Does Janet have what I have?"

"Yeah" Jonas told her, slightly amazed that she was talking to him, their history with people they believe where ancients was that they either couldn't or wouldn't speak.

"You better contact your friends." Isoka said turning her back to him.

Jonas switched on his radio.

"Colonel?" He questioned, waiting for a response.

"Jonas?" Colonel O'Neill's voice came back with a tone that asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, Colonel, nice of you to contact the Asgard for us." He confirmed.

"Where are you Jonas?"

"I, err, I can't tell you. Gerd isn't completely convinced by the Asgard message but she's letting me contact you."

"Jonas, is Janet with you? Sam's voice came over the radio with a note of concern.

"Yeah, err, but we have a small problem down here guys. Gerd wont let either of us go and won't bring anyone else down." Jonas explained.

"So what's the problem?" Colonel O'Neill questioned.

"I don't know what to do to help Gerd and Janet's sick too."

"Chicken pox?" Jack asked.

"Yes sir."

"Hang tight Jonas, do what you can for now. We're gonna report back to Hammond for further orders. Teal'c will stay here if you need to contact us. O'Neill out."

Stargate Command - Conference Room
Day 25 - 1500 hours

"Colonel, without Gerd's co-operation there is no way for us to get people in to help Jonas. He'll simply have to look after both of them alone and we'll teach him what to do over the radio. Now Doctor Warn.... "

General Hammond was cut off by the sound of the alarms from the Gate room and the message that came over the intercom system "Incoming Traveller. Incoming Traveller."

General Hammond, Jack and Sam stood quickly and made their way to the control room to find out what was going on.

"Incoming audio message from Teal'c, Sir" The technician informed the General as he reached the computer systems.

"Let's hear it."

"General Hammond?" Teal'c voice came though the gate to their communications system.

"Go ahead Teal'c." The General offered.

"Jonas Quinn has requested some supplies. He informed me that Doctor Frasier has told him they will help the Ancients child. They believe they missed something from their previous tests and now know how to treat her." Teal'c told the General.

"What supplies do they need, Teal'c?" General Hammond asked.

"Jonas Quinn as requested Buprenorphine and Idoxuridine in replacement of the Acyclovir."

"Did they say why Teal'c?"

"Doctor Frasier informed me that the child was not responding to the Acyclovir and needed something slightly stronger." Teal'c replied

"Very well. Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter will return within the next half hour with the supplies Teal'c." General Hammond replied before the wormhole shut down. "Major." He said turning to the person in question.

"I'm on it, Sir." Sam said before leaving to gather the requested supplies.

Alien Planet - Stargate
Day 25 - 1530 hours

Jack and Sam stepped though the gate at the same time, between them they carried a single black box that held the supplies Jonas had asked for, and a few items Doctor Warner had suggested they may need.

Stepping down off the platform of the gate, they approached Teal'c who stood waiting by the Dial Home Device. Setting the box down next to it, Jack couldn't help but ask: "So, how do we get this to them if we don't know where they are?"

Teal'c simply raised an eyebrow to the human and then lifted his hand to his mouth, activating the radio in it he said.

"Jonas Quinn, Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter have returned with the supplies you requested."

Jonas's voice floated back over the radio.

"Ok Teal'c, leave the box in front of the DHD and we'll take it." He replied.

Teal'c and Jack moved the box to the spot in front of the device and stepped out of the way. A few moments later the box vanished.

"So, how are the fine people of this world doing under the care of `Nervous Nurse Sven'?" Jack asked as they headed towards the town.

"They are recovering well, O'Neill. The medical team is confident they will be able to return to Earth within a few weeks." Teal' informed him

"Ah, good, then all we have to do is find a way to get Gerd to let Jonas and Doc Frasier go when they've finished. Easy"

The journey back to the town was relatively peaceful, except for Jack finding something to complain about every so often. Once in town the group settled down, the only thing they could do now was wait.

Alien Planet - Gerd's Lab
Days 26 through 34

Jonas did everything Janet told him to do. She could only think of helping Isoka, but Jonas was more worried about her.

Two days after their supplies had arrived Janet had become extremely ill. Jonas had been forced to give her some of the painkiller he had gotten for Isoka, but she refused to take the Acyclovir or Idoxuridine.

Jonas had spent an entire day looking after her and rarely left her side when she was in bed. As ill as she was, Janet couldn't help but feel like she was falling more in love with him as she listened to him day after day tell her how worried he was that she was getting worse and that he wished he knew what to do. Along with all this, Jonas had spent every night wrapped around her since she had asked him to stay, they had grown comfortable in each others arms and she wondered if the feeling she got in the pit of her stomach every time he got up was mirrored by him. She fell asleep listening to his sweet voice relate the stories of Greek and Egyptian myth's she asked about.

Now four days after the extra medical supplies had arrived, Isoka started to show signs of recovery. She was awake more and had talked to Jonas about how he felt about Janet. Gerd had explained that very few of the Ancients had ever learned to speak out loud. Most of their kind were too lost in the deeper communication they shared though telepathy, but that Isoka had chosen to learn as many languages as she could verbally.

Isoka had started to teach Jonas about the Ancient people, she even confirmed his thoughts that they passed their knowledge on to their children. Isoka knew all her parents and grandparents had known, but not everything about the Ancients.

Janet's recovery took longer than Isoka's. Isoka was up and about and visited Janet. She had even gifted the doctor in a way that neither Jonas nor Janet understood. Isoka simply told them they would understand later.

Janet Frasier and Jonas Quinn had spent 34 days on this world. 13 of these days had been spent in the secret lab of Gerd. 34 days was a long time and as they lay close together in the room Gerd had originally placed Janet in, they told each other how they were now ready to go home.

Alien Planet - Gerd's Lab
Day 35 - 0800 hours

Janet lay on the bed wrapped up in Jonas's arms. She'd been watching him sleep for what seemed like hours, but had really only been about 15 minutes. He was handsome, strong and caring and as he sighed in his sleep, she leaned her head against his protective chest. She felt as if she could stay there forever, relaxed and comfortable like she had never felt before.

Jonas wasn't asleep; he was thinking of how he'd seen her before they'd arrived here, wearing a small amount of make-up and looking extremely professional. That had changed while they had been here. He'd seen her when she was at her lowest, ill and covered in the spots that came with Chicken Pox. Now she was back to her normal self, only this time with her skin natural, no make-up, no chicken pox, just his beautiful Janet.

From the first time she had met Jonas, he had been the best thing about leaving home in the morning. A few days ago when she was at her worst, she had worried that he would be driven away by her need for comfort, and that she would never have had the chance to tell him how she had felt when they'd first met. Now, she was thinking about how things would be when they returned to Earth.

Would they return to how things were before? Professional, no contact (except the medical exams)? This thought scared her. Back home was an empty bed, no strong man wrapped in her arms, no one to watch sleep when she woke early. Just loneliness.

She was lost in this thought, so lost that she didn't notice that Jonas had been watching her watch him for the last five minutes. She had no clue what ran though his mind, and little did she know similar thoughts were now crossing his.

"Jonas." Janet said. She was on the edge of asking him out for a date when they got back home. After they'd showered and she'd been home to check on Cassandra of course, but something made her change her mind. "We need to talk to Gerd about leaving; we have to get back home."

"Yeah, this place is really cold." Jonas said faking a shiver and making Janet laugh. He smiled down at her.

"I'll talk to her; see what we can do to talk her into letting us go home."

Just as Jonas had finished what he was saying, Gerd opened the door and stepped inside. Placing the tray of food on the table as she had done since their arrival and headed back towards the door. But she was stopped by Jonas's voice.

"Gerd," Jonas said and waited for Gerd to step into his sight, while he waited he allowed Janet to shift so she could turn over in the bed so her back was to him and she could see Gerd. Once in their sight, Gerd nodded for him to continue. "We've done what you brought Janet down here to do, can we go home now?"

"I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave." Gerd said in the same tone she had used to say this line every time either of them had asked to leave.

"Why not? We've helped Isoka. You've stopped carrying a weapon; we're no threat to you. The Asgard are our allies and we wouldn't give away your location." Janet said now, annoyed that they still couldn't leave the lab.

"It is too dangerous for me to send you back, you could be captured by the Goa'uld and the information about my location extracted."

"That's a possibility, yes, but we've dealt with the Goa'uld for a long time now and we'd rather die than tell them anything. What are we meant to do down here?"

"I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave. My apologies." Gerd said again before leaving.

Jonas untangled himself from Janet and climbed out of bed. He picked up his radio and went to sit at the table were Gerd had left their food.

"Colonel." Jonas said into the radio then waited for the reply.

"Yeah Jonas." Came the usual reply.

"We've finished down here. Isoka is well again, but Gerd still won't allow us to leave." Jonas reported watching Janet climb out of bed to join him.

"Oh, for crying out loud. Just stay put, don't do anything stupid and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. O'Neill out."

Jonas put the radio on the table and started to eat.

Stargate Command - Gate Room
Day 35 - 1000 hours

The alarms of the SGC were ringing in Jack's ears as he appeared on the Earth side of the wormhole. Walking casually down the ramp towards General Hammond he started to explain his returning alone.

"Small problem, General. Gerd won't let Jonas and Doc Frasier leave even though they have completed their `task'."

"This explains Thor's visit a few days ago. He told me he couldn't help if Gerd decided it was still too risky to let them leave. It is completely up to Gerd."

"So we just have to convince Gerd to let them go. I feel like I'm bargaining with terrorist to set my kids free." Jack said heading for the door out of the gate room.

Stargate Command - Conference room
Day 35 - 1100 hours

By this time Jack had changed, showered, eaten a meal that wasn't rations and had now reported back to the General for further instructions. General Hammond had used his time to come up with something they could offer Gerd in return for Janet and Jonas.

"I've asked Thor to join us as soon as he can; I have something I want to run by him."

"What's the plan?" Jack asked taking a seat near his superior.

"A service to Gerd while he's on that planet in exchange for the Doctor and Jonas."

"Which service could you offer?" Thor asked appearing in front of them.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Gerd has been out of contact with you for over eight years." General Hammond asked.

"That is correct." Thor confirmed.

"So, the technology Gerd currently has it outdated, and her supplies would be running low about now?"

"That is also correct. The Asgard have been discussing a way to send supplies and new equipment to Gerd without arriving at the planet."

"Do it through us." General Hammond offered then explained. "We can be on that planet for as long as needed without causing suspicion. You could give us the equipment and supplies you wish to send to Gerd and we'll take them though the Stargate and contact Gerd from the planet surface."

"Gerd could pick it up like she did with the medical supplies Doctor Frasier and Jonas asked for." The Colonel added in.

"Interesting suggestion, General Hammond, I will contact the Asgard High Council and explain your proposal." Thor said then disappeared.

Jack and General Hammond had gone about their business in the meantime, but Jack always found himself back where the General was asking if Thor had returned yet. When he did this just over five hours after Thor had left he found himself stepping into the Generals office to see Thor.

"Thor, buddy, how's it going?" He said a little shocked that he had such good timing.

"O'Neill" Thor greeted him with a nod.

"Colonel, take a seat." General Hammond offered.

"So, what's the buzz?" Jack asked taking a seat as offered.

"As I was saying, the Asgard High Council has agreed to this arrangement. However, they have requested that you make the appeal to Gerd yourselves, and make one small amendment to the offer. The High Council have suggested that in trade for Doctor Frasier and Jonas Quinn you might want to offer at least one person to assist Gerd, someone who is always in her lab. If Gerd agrees she should allow you to change the person on a regular bases providing only two or three people take turns in assisting her."

"Well general, now all we have to do is convince Gerd this is a good idea." Jack said showing the General he agreed with what the Asgard had proposed.

"Colonel, gear up ready to return to PX3-332, I need to run the changes past the president." The General ordered.

"My ship will remain in orbit awaiting Gerd's response and gathering supplies in the event she agrees to the trade." Thor said, and then nodding at General Hammond, he disappeared again.

Stargate Command - Gate Room
Day 35 - 1700 hours

Jack stood with Trivali waiting for the command to proceed with the trade. Trivali had thanked the Colonel at least 30 times while they had been waiting. He was happy to be returning home at last. He had suffered during his stay there but was now fully recovered.

The gate was open and ready to be used. General Hammond's voice appeared quickly over the intercom informing Jack that the trade was accepted. With this, Jack and Trivali walked up the ramp and vanished though the gate to PX3-332

Alien Planet - Stargate
Day 35 - 1700 hours

Stepping though the other side of the gate, Jack was greeted by Sam, Teal'c and the medical team and their equipment. Trivali thanked him again and started heading towards his home.

"So, Sven, everything OK? Packed up and ready to go?" Jack asked.

"Yes sir, we've done all we can here. We're looking forward to a nice cool shower and a good hot meal." She answered. Nurse Emma Sven had changed from the scared nurse found in the Infirmary when this had all began to the in command Nurse who was no longer afraid to talk to anyone.

"Alright, return home, you've all done a good job here, the rest is up to us. Teal'c dial it up for them."

Once all the medical team and their equipment were safely though the gate, Jack sat on the stone steps and activated his radio.

"Doc, you there?" he started.

"Colonel, I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about us." Janet said with a little laugh.

"Nope, we've been talking with Thor, you ready for this?"

"Yeah Colonel, go head." She replied then waited.

"You're gonna have to negotiate with Gerd. The Asgard high council have agreed to this, so how ever you can convince Gerd to agree, do it, here's how it works: The Asgard are gathering items they want to get to Gerd, supplies and technology she may need. They will give it to General Hammond who will send it here with a team who's orders are to remain on this planet. If Gerd agrees, one member of this team will transport down there with the supplies and you two will be transported back up here.

The member who goes down will remain down there to help Gerd, occasionally being traded with one other person, taking turns. Those left up here will receive and deliver information and technology sent to Earth by the Asgard.

Again, if Gerd agrees, this will go on for as long as Gerd is here. The first shipment of supplies arrives from the Asgard within the next five hours, so that's how long you have."

"Copy that Colonel, we'll do our best." Janet reported back while Jonas was making notes.

"Keep me informed, Doc." He said before getting comfortable against the Stargate.

"Now what Colonel?" Sam asked.

"Now, Carter, we wait."

Alien Planet - Gerd's Lab (control room) Day 35 - 1730 hours

Janet entered the room alone. Gerd stood on the other side of the room at what looked like a computer console. She approached wondering why she'd talked Jonas into letting her talk to Gerd. She had no diplomatic skills so she must be crazy.

"Gerd, my people have a trade proposition for you." Gerd turned. "They want to offer you a connection to the Asgard without the Goa'uld being able to track where you are. They are willing to take any information, technology and supplies and pass it to you for as long as you remain here.

If you agree, there will be a shipment of supplies coming in about five hours. Your receiving the shipment is not contingent on you allowing us to leave. If, however, you let us go, someone will stay with the supplies and come down here to help you. The rest of their team will remain on the surface to take the next information or shipment and get it to you."

"Interesting." Gerd said studying her face. "This person who will assist me, will they remain here until I leave?"

"Not quite, they will trade places with one other person every so often so they can have a break and see their family and friends, but there will only be the two people that you will get to know. They will always be the ones down here, just not both at the same time." Janet explained.

"The Asgard have agreed to this?"

"Yes, Thor is gathering the supplies for the first shipment. They have things they need to get to you and we offered to help."

"I will consider this offer." Gerd said. "When the shipment is ready, please return and I will inform you of my decision. "

Janet nodded and left the room. Returning to her own room, she explained what was happening to both Jack via the radio and Jonas.

Just over four and a half hours later, Jack interrupted the conversation about Janet's daughter Cassandra that she and Jonas were having.

"Shipment's arrived, kids. Captain Leone Henson will be transported down if all is ok." He informed them.

"Janet's just leaving to find Gerd." Jonas replied watching Janet get up from her seat.

Janet again stepped into the Control Room. It looked like Gerd hadn't moved since she was there more than four hours ago.

"The first shipment of supplies is here along with the team who will stay. Captain Leone Henson will be joining you if you let Jonas and me leave."

"Then I suggest you gather you things and return here, I will trade you for the items in the same place I took the supplies for Isoka." Gerd said.

Janet left quickly arriving back at her room in record time.

"Get your things Jonas, we're out of here." She told him as she picked up the radio. "Colonel, Gerd agrees to the trade. Captain Henson and the supplies need to be in the same place you left our supplies before. Gerd will trade us when we're all ready." She informed the Colonel with a note of happiness she couldn't hide.

"Go Doc, we'll be ready in 2 minutes," was the reply she got.

Grabbing the remaining items they had kept in one of the supply boxes Janet and Jonas made their way back to the control room where Gerd was ready and waiting. As they stepped inside, Jack's voice was heard from their radio.

"All ready up here." He told them.

Gerd thanked Janet for her help and apologized for not trusting them. And with a simple nod, they were gone and in their place were Captain Henson and a few boxes of supplies.

Upon arriving on the surface, Janet had hugged all of SG-1. She was thankful to be able to go home. The SG team assigned to the planet had left Henson in the care of SG-1 and made their way to the town before she and Jonas had been freed.

Back on Earth, both Janet and Jonas where given full medical exams and debriefed before they were permitted to leave the base.

Greeted by her 15-year old daughter as she stepped though the door of her home, Janet Frasier sighed, a half happy to be home sigh and a half miss the comfort of Jonas sigh. This feeling was forgotten though as she and Cassandra sat talking.

They had arrived back at the SGC at 2200 hours. The medical and debriefing had taken just over an hour and Janet had stepped into the comfort of her own home at 2330 hours. As tomorrow was a Saturday, she had not scolded Cassandra about being up so late. Instead they had sat talking for over an hour before the doorbell rang.

Wondering as to who could be there at this time of night, Janet cautiously got up and went to the door. Opening it she was surprised to see Jonas standing in the rain, soaked to the skin looking at her. He said nothing, instead he took a single step forward, cupped her face in his hands and before she could say anything he kissed her.

~fin~

19

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kira Rothery